Quotes of the day

posted at 9:21 pm on February 8, 2013 by Allahpundit

A proposal to give federal judges a direct role in the nation’s drone campaign gained new momentum this week with a signal from senior lawmakers that they intend to consider creating a special court to oversee the selection of targets for lethal strikes.

But the idea, cited by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), among others, as a way to impose new accountability on the drone program, faces significant legal and logistical hurdles, according to U.S. officials and legal experts.

Among the main obstacles is almost certain opposition from the executive branch to a dilution of the president’s authority to protect the country against looming threats. Others include the difficulty of putting judges in position to approve the killing of individuals — possibly including American citizens — even if they have not been convicted of a crime.

***

“Having the executive be the prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner is very contrary to laws and traditions of this country,” King told Brennan. King suggested that the court would involve a “FISA-type process,” referring to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, the secret court that considers requests for surveillance against people who are suspected of working for foreign governments. “At least that would be some check on the activities of the executive.” The days, weeks, and months-long process of determining whether someone can be targeted, King suggested, meant that targeted killing was not like soldiers shooting each other on a traditional battlefield and should be subjected to some form of judicial accountability.

Brennan was negative to non-committal, telling King that although the idea was “worthy of discussion,” that courts were traditionally used for adjudicating guilt or innocence, not to prevent the sort of “imminent” threat Brennan claims lethal force is reserved for. A recently leaked Department of Justice memo on targeted killing, however, defines “imminence” as membership in a terrorist organization, not necessarily involvement in an unfolding plot that threatens American lives. Nor are courts used solely to adjudicate guilt—King noted that judges also approve warrants.

***

Some judges want absolutely nothing to do with this. Not that this is dispositive. But I was struck by what recently-retired District Judge John Robertson (D.D.C.) had to say when this came up at an ABA panel we were on a few months ago (the audio is here, and the statement came toward the very end if I recall correctly). Though very much a judge associated with the view that the judiciary plays a critical role in checking the executive in national security-related litigation (the topic of our panel), he made very clear his hostility to the idea of judicial involvement in death warrants. (And that’s without considering the possibility of warrant-issuing judges finding themselves the object of suit or prosecution abroad.) Of course, other judges could feel differently. But at any rate, the anecdote contributes to my next point…

A core benefit to judicial review, presumably, is that judges might detect and reject weak evidentiary arguments for targeting particular persons. I wouldn’t bet on that occurring often, however. Judges famously tend to defer to the executive branch when it comes to factual judgments on matters of military or national-security significance. I’ve argued that they should not always do so, but that doesn’t mean they won’t. Especially when the stakes are as high as they will be represented to be in such cases.

***

Machiavelli tells us that men are venal self-deceivers, but then he gives his Prince permission to do all these monstrous things, trusting him not to get carried away or turn into a monster himself.

Our founders were more careful. Our founders understood that leaders are as venal and untrustworthy as anybody else. They abhorred concentrated power, and they set up checks and balances to disperse it.

Our drone policy should take account of our founders’ superior realism. Drone strikes are so easy, hidden and abstract. There should be some independent judicial panel to review the kill lists. There should be an independent panel of former military and intelligence officers issuing reports on the program’s efficacy.

If you take Machiavelli’s tough-minded view of human nature, you have to be brutal to your enemies — but you also have to set up skeptical checks on the people you empower to destroy them.

***

It should be clear by now that President Obama and his terrorism advises are hypocrites. When they campaigned for office, they claimed that the Bush Administration had violated the Constitution and trampled individual rights in its quest to stop terrorist attacks. Now we have an administration that keeps Guantanamo Bay open, keeps military commissions running, continues terrorist surveillance, and regularly drops drone missiles. But I’m glad they are hypocrites, because they chose to keep the policies that have kept us safe these 11 years instead of sticking to their misguided principles. If the Obama folks ever had the good graces to thank President Bush, I am sure he would say “[you're] welcome.”

***

“This controversy is not going away,” Schultz, a critic of the administration’s drone program, said. “The boundaries of transparency are still undefined.”

Yet in a survey of his (reliably liberal) viewers, 78 percent said they agreed with “the policy of targeted killing of American citizens.”

***

“I voted for President Obama because I trust his values and his judgment, and I believe that he is a fundamentally responsible actor,” she added. “Without gratuitously slamming ex-President Bush, I think he displayed extraordinary lapses in judgment in executing his primary responsibility as commander-in-chief, and put troops in harm’s way imprudently.”

“President Obama would have exercised better judgment and he has exercised better judgment,” Ball said. “What would George W. Bush do? That’s our standard? We would never allow a power to the presidency that we wouldn’t feel comfortable giving to George W. Bush?”…

“Do you feel the same about George W. Bush having the nuclear codes as you do about President Obama?” Ball asked in conclusion. “Call me a hypocrite, but I sure don’t.”

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Drones kill bad guys..
Except bad guys on 9/11

Benghazi..

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Know who was ON FIRE today? Ace. Guy hit dinger after dinger.

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Drones kill bad guys..
Except bad guys on 9/11

Benghazi..

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

When America found OBL Obama called the seals and they killed him.

When US Navy Seals and an Ambassador were found by Islamic terrorists in benghazi and Called Obama they died.

harlekwin15 on February 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Uh…isn’t Obama participating in a war against the United States??

Sherman1864 on February 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM

harlekwin15 on February 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Obama probably had some hoops to shot that night..

America..

You feel saver now?

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thought you were banned?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Evening EG, Bmore.

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Nice Bish. Watch your back. :-)

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

The plain fact of the matter is, Obama is far more likely to push the big red help button than GW ever was. And his gratuitously cutting our nuclear ability to defend ourselves only brings him closer to the liberal who was the last to use nukes.

We’ve seen this movie and nobody leaves the theater unscathed.

Speakup on February 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Obama probably had some hoops to shot that night..

America..

You feel saver now?

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

yup, right before he hit a bucket of balls and got on AF1 to go to Vegas for a fundraiser.

I know that I feel safer seeing that he is focused like a laser on jobs, the economy, and keeping me safe from danger by taking all my weapons.
/s

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

The state run media is America’s greatest enemy…

d1carter on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

The B man! how are you this evening… I’m feeling rather dissident LOL!

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Evening EG, Bmore.

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

KCB!!!!

Welcome..

Nice Bish. Watch your back. :-)

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Obama has my back..

A majority of voters said so..

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I agree. What’s the point of having the codes if you’re too chicken to use them when required?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

::best behavior, best behavior, best behavior::

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I’m just curious because I had seen this.

[Comment deleted, user banned. -- Ed]

Adjoran on November 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Of course at the time I thought it a fake, so I in turn did the same thing to demonstrate that it was in fact a fake. Of course I was going to say a comment or two later that it was indeed a fake. Mine that is. I forgot. The thread was old and I simply forgot to clarify what I was doing. It sent quite a wave through things around here. I dutifully explained. So, was yours a fake or were you reinstated?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I sure hope no one is driving in the North East..

$500 fine and/or 1 year in jail..

So..
How much does it cost the taxpayers to lock someone up for 1 year?
$500?

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Know who was ON FIRE today? Ace. Guy hit dinger after dinger.

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

He was on a rampage on twitter yesterday. I could smell the smoke coming off his keyboard from my back porch.

JPeterman on February 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Resist We Much on February 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Silly wignut, that was before Newton and doesn’t include the manhunt in Ca. LOL!

I always love your links RWM, you have always provided interesting links. good work sir, very good work!

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

This is just the beginning.

As I take in recent information and think on it, I am gonna come off sounding like a conspiracy nut.

Somthing is in the wind, why does DHS need 1.6 billion bullets and 7000 AR 15s?

Flying drones over major cities?

Using drones to kill american citizens (tho enemies) without due process?

The crazy goings on within various agencies.

The utter lies told by the LSM about repubs and cons…

The untold truths we get to hear about during and after investigations.

And on and on and on…

I DO NOT TRUST this administration, neither do I trust or have any ‘faith’ in the GOP, to DO THE RIGHT THING!!

Watching Dr Carson on Hannity…

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Obama has my back..

A majority of voters said so..

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Who’s yer daddy?

cris rock knows……………….

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I was wondering the same thing, considering with the amount of hollow point ammunition that they bought (may it jam in their guns) but what is coming down the pike???

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Exactly.
If you have the intel to find them, you have the intel to try them.

If the judges don’t want the responsablity of issuing “death warrants” (not to be confused with “death panels” — yet), then Congress ought to have one of their committees step up to the line.

AesopFan on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Good evening all!! :-)

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

The state run media is America’s greatest enemy…

d1carter on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

And the need to be destroyed.

*clink*

JPeterman on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Know who was ON FIRE today? Ace. Guy hit dinger after dinger.

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

He’s mad, you know. As eye-popped as a squeezed frog.

*uncomfortable grin*

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

We will be the last to know…

Makes me shudder…

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Who’s yer daddy?

cris rock knows……………….

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Chris is a joke..
So does the sh!t that comes out of his mouth…

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

The thread is right here if you would like to review.

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Good evening all!! :-)

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Good evening..

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

YAY! Here it comes . . . I love this . . . wait for it . . .

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Know who was ON FIRE today? Ace.

Ace is an idiot who has never had anything of great originality to say, though he thinks he’s some awesome thinker.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

*No one ruin it this time

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

JPeterman on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

*clink*

d1carter on February 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

What bothers me is that I’m getting many contradictory signs. Is this all a ruse to get civil unrest… not from the right, but from possibly the left??? kind of makes one look historically at the arson of the Reichstag????

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Normally I don’t care for Brooks’s squishiness, but his concluding remarks about the necessity of skepticism to rein in unchecked power are good. It’t too bad that he waits until the last sentence of the last paragraph to get to that point.

Part of the problem with Obysmal is that he has not clearly identified who or what the nation’s enemies are and why they are so. Are we in a war-footing or not? Unless there is some kind of restraining dispassionate accountability, no executive should have unbridled power to determine who gets killed.

onlineanalyst on February 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

RWM is a GGGGGGgggUUUUUuuuRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrLLLLLL!

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Thanks.

Just a minor point (for Axe’s enjoyment):

I am a GGgggggGGgggggGuuUUuuUUuUUuuuURRrrrRrrrrrrRRRRRRRlllllLLLllLLLllLLLL!

eL3vEntY!!!!!1111!!11!!!!!!11!

:-)

Resist We Much on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Evening, Scrumpy.

predator on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Thanks Axe… next time I will through you a bone too! :)

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

oops, meant throw… damn keyboard!

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

*No one ruin it this time

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

You have the popcorn made?

AZfederalist on February 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I simply don’t know. Until a FOIA about this becomes public, we will not know and I believe several attempts at getting an FOIA has been blocked…

They are buying them up for a reason, speculating does no good at this point…

Tho my imagination could run completely wild with this!

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

YAY! Here it comes . . . I love this . . . wait for it . . .

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

She is a man baby. Not

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Hmmm…Oddest thing.

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Hi Ken, I will provide the same service as I promissed Axe LOL!

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

….no executive should have unbridled power to determine who gets killed.
onlineanalyst on February 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Exactly.

0 thinks he is special tho…

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Scrumpys’ got a squeeze box,
when daddy Spark comes home,
he don’t get no rest

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

There is so much potential political fodder here for the right candidate.

Imagine the next presidential debate. The Republican candidate points at the Democrat one and says “his/her party supports the killing of Americans without a warrent or a trial. Just fill the tank, point the drone, and kill an American. In my first day in office I’ll resind this un-American policy and return the rule of law back to its rightful place!”

itsspideyman on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Evening!

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Good Evening to All! Just trying to tidy up some unfinished book keeping. TGIF!!!

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

;-) so bad so bad… lol…

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I don’t think it really matters very much to the regime whether ‘civil unrest’ starts on the left or the right…as long as it is big enough to warrant an imposition of martial law; and mobilizing Northern Command to put it down.
No matter who starts it, the right will be the ultimate target of the regime. WE will be the ones who will bear the brunt of the actions taken by the regime to “restore civil order”…and WE will be the ones to lose or Freedom, Rights and Liberty.

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

RWM is a GGGGGGgggUUUUUuuuRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrLLLLLL!

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

hahaha.

H/t:
1. Axemellow
2. uncommon sense
3. RWM
4. KCB
5. My hat tipper
6. My hat

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

…lose our

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Obama demonstrated his CIC competence and gravitas during the attack in Benghazi on 9/11/12. He was AWOL. He went for a smoke and then to bed. Support for him at this point is insane.

Basilsbest on February 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

*clink*

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I am a GGgggggGGgggggGuuUUuuUUuUUuuuURRrrrRrrrrrrRRRRRRRlllllLLLllLLLllLLLL!

eL3vEntY!!!!!1111!!11!!!!!!11!

:-)

Resist We Much on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

*sigh*

I love this relationship. :)

RWM is a GGGGGGgggUUUUUuuuRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrLLLLLL!

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Talk to your ass later.

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

*clink*

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Clink

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

*clink*

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

*clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Bartender! *Clinks* for the house!

predator on February 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

WE will be the ones who will bear the brunt of the actions taken by the regime to “restore civil order”…and WE will be the ones to lose our Freedom, Rights and Liberty.Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM

My sentiments just didn’t want to voice it… Thank you

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

itsspideyman on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

And he’ll be immediately branded a “squish” on National Defense by the leftists and their media lackeys. And that’s all you’ll hear from them.

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I am a GGgggggGGgggggGuuUUuuUUuUUuuuURRrrrRrrrrrrRRRRRRRlllllLLLllLLLllLLLL!

eL3vEntY!!!!!1111!!11!!!!!!11!

:-)

Resist We Much on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

He should have consulted me..
I know of such things :)

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Electrongod, *clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

*clink*

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Pretty much… and the American Idol, Amazing Race watching pubic hairs don’t see it coming.

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Bartender! *Clinks* for the house!

predator on February 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

So you are buying this round?

Nice!

One whole page of *clinks!* Scrumpy, *clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM

We make a toast..
Then the trolls come…….

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

itsspideyman on February 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

A great talking point for Hot Gas but too “nuanced” an argument for the typical low-information parasite. Keep it as simple as their tiny little stupid greedy minds.

The Republican candidate points at the Democrat one and says “his/her party wants to kill Honey Boo Boo.”

Happy Nomad on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Bartender! *Clinks* for the house!

predator on February 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

In that case, bartender, I would like a a dram of 30 year Balvenie… please put it on Predators tab :0 LOL!

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

One whole page of *clinks!* Scrumpy, *clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM

You are gonna give Bluegill a stroke!

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

….no executive should have unbridled power to determine who gets killed.

onlineanalyst on February 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

That’s just not correct. The Executive is in pretty much full control of foreign policy and the US Constitution doesn’t extend outside of our sovereign territory.

The problem with the drone killing is not the killing, itself, or the targets, but the fact that the people running the operations had railed against American interests so much, had screamed bloody murder about friggin underwear on Iraqis’ heads at Abu Grhaib (as if that was something horrible, which it wasn’t), had worked against American interests on so many accounts that it is insane to think they would be now happily wielding this power which they were so fervently opposed to as they called assassinations to be war crimes, … And, worst of all, there is the problem that the current pretender Commander-in-Chief is not even eligible for the position, which puts every single policy decision (almost all of which have been decidedly anti-American and anti-Western) of this administration under serious suspicion.

By their own arguments and actions, this administration should be droned the minute any of them steps foot off of American territory, but that has nothing to do with the actual power that the American President is supposed to have, and outside of American territory, it’s quite extensive … though the left has fought against this with every fiber of their pathetic beings for decades.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I’m itchin’ for a scrap… ;-)

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Breaking:

A would-be Islamic terrorist tried to ignite a civil war this morning by bombing a bank in Oakland, California, saying that “he wanted the bank bombing to be blamed on anti-U.S. government militias”; luckily, the FBI thwarted his plan:

A man who was hoping to start a civil war in the United States with a terrorist attack in the Bay Area was arrested early Friday after trying to detonate what he thought was a car bomb at a Bank of America branch in Oakland, federal prosecutors said.

Matthew Aaron Llaneza, 28, of San Jose was taken into custody near the bank at 303 Hegenberger Road after pressing a cell-phone trigger device that was supposed to detonate the explosives inside an SUV and bring down the building, prosecutors said.

His supposed accomplice was an undercover FBI agent who had been meeting with him since Nov. 30, according to an FBI declaration filed in federal court. The declaration said the FBI had built the purported bomb, which posed no threat to the public.

The FBI agent quoted Llaneza as saying he supports the Taliban and wants to engage in violent jihad.

In the Nov. 30 meeting with an agent who posed as someone connected to the Taliban in Afghanistan, Llaneza said he wanted the bank bombing to be blamed on anti-U.S. government militias, triggering a government crackdown, a right-wing response and a civil war, the FBI declaration said….

[Llaneza] laughed and hugged the undercover agent after the agent showed him the SUV in a storage unit rented by the FBI. Llaneza also stated he wanted to travel to Afghanistan so he could train Taliban fighters, according to authorities.

Here is the official FBI press release about the incident, released a few minutes ago:

Resist We Much on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

*Clink*

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Resist We Much on February 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Do it again, do it again;)

MarshFox on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Did someone say there’d be toasted troll?

thatsafactjack on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

To Drones!!! *clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I have a theory on this. I’m going to get it up on my nick in a couple of days. You have SWalker, et. al. thinking this is all deliberate action; but I think it’s something else. It’s just — I’ve having to choose words and sources carefully ’cause I don’t want to be black helicopter’d.

Axe on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I’m just curious because I had seen this.

[Comment deleted, user banned. -- Ed]

Adjoran on November 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

It must have been a fake, because I’ve never been banned that I know of, and certainly never asked for reinstatement.

I know I hurt feelings sometimes, but some things just shouldn’t be sugar-coated.

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

So you are buying this round?

Nice!

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

No problem. I know the bartender. He lets me run a tab.

predator on February 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM

…yeah right!…I remember Gibson Guitars being a looming threat to our country… people trying to build houses on land that was NOT wetland that the EPA wanted to make examples of…the voters of Arizona were threatening…various Sheriff’s…etc…etc…THERE ARE SO MANY THREATS to THIS COUNTRY!…oh wait!…oh?

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

To the Fruitland MudHop!!!! *clink*

MarshFox on February 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM

uncommon sense, *clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

You are gonna give Bluegill a stroke!

KCB on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

You say that like it’s a bad thing. :EG:

AZfederalist on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Martini?

thatsafactjack on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

To Drones!!! *clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

To the readiness of the State Dept..
*clink*.

Oh…

To Shillary as our President…
3 AM call and all..

*clink*

To Obama and is timed AWOL..
*clink*

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I just don’t want to see Predators bar tab LOL!

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Careful now. Too many *clinks* can lead to idle chitting and frivolous chatting. Chit-chat, as it were. And there are, as we’ve been warned, places for that sort of thing…other than on a “serious political blog”. ;-)

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Solaratov on February 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

And where is this serious political blog you speak of? :)

uncommon sense on February 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

…well…I know my name ain’t Lollipop !

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Llaneza’s stated goal was to trigger a governmental crackdown, which he expected would trigger a right-wing counter-response against the government followed by, he hoped, civil war.

This guy has no clue that it wouldn’t be the right who would start this, but the left against the right, if it was to be so…

RWM ty for the link!

Scrumpy on February 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

*clink!*

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

*taser*

opps, I could lose my job. MG is watching.

SparkPlug on February 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

No problem. I know the bartender. He lets me run a tab.

predator on February 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM

So you know Tim Geithner…

Electrongod on February 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM