Quotes of the day

posted at 10:36 pm on February 6, 2013 by Allahpundit

Amid new controversy over his administration’s targeted killing of American citizens overseas by drones, President Barack Obama has yielded to demands that he turn over to Congress classified Justice Department legal advice seeking to justify the policy, an administration official said.

The president’s move comes on the eve of confirmation hearings Thursday for his CIA director nominee John Brennan and amid complaints from senators, including several Democrats, about secrecy surrounding the drone policy…

The president, the official said, was turning over the information because he believes the scrutiny and debate is healthy.

***

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I really don’t understand this sort of hysteria over the idea of killing Americans who have taken up arms against the United States. Thousands of Americans, Southerners, died in Antietam without any due process. When we stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-day, and Americans approached German bunkers, I don’t think anybody asked if they were any German-Americans here, I want to read you the Miranda rights. If you take up arms against the United States you were a target because it was an act of war and you forfeited those rights.

Now, the question is, it’s a different war, these people are in a guerilla war, a terrorist war, we don’t have the same lines. They aren’t representing a country and we need guidelines. I think the critique of this administration, is in the guidelines that you indicated, they were probably written by somebody in the lower quintile of his law school class.

They want to pretend that you can only hit an American al-Qaeda operative who is an imminent threat and then define the imminent threat out of existence by saying al-Qaeda is continually hatching plots, so he’s always, all day and all night, an imminent threat; i.e., that criterion is meaningless. I think that we really have to have an effort in the Congress and in the executive and in the country, have an argument about what are the guidelines, who is the soldier and who loses all rights in this kind of shadow war?

***

As early as 2002, Obama was publicly carving out a decidedly progressive stance on these issues, using a Chicago television appearance to defend the civil liberties of American terror suspects who were being detained indefinitely without charges.

“There always has been a distinction between citizens, and non-citizens,” he said. “It means something to be a citizen. And that’s important.”…

Similarly, when George W. Bush signed the controversial Military Commissions Act of 2006, he did so at a desk with a sign on the front displaying the words, “Protecting America.” Obama was a vocal opponent of the law, which was criticized for its broad definition of an enemy combatant, its justification of torture, and its apparent encroachment on habeas corpus rights.

“I’m still disappointed, and I’m still ashamed,” Obama said in a Senate floor speech in September 2006, criticizing the bill. “Because what we’re doing here today, a debate over the fundamental human rights of the accused, should be bigger than politics. This is serious.”…

“In the future, people like this may never have a chance to prove their innocence,” then-Senator Obama said.

***

But before tomorrow’s Brennan hearing gets underway, Paul had lots of outstanding questions about drone warfare.

“We’re very concerned about having one person in the executive branch get together with some flash cards and decide who they’re going to kill around the world, particularly American citizens,” he said. “There’s never been any answer from the executive branch on the killing of the 16-year old son of somebody who was an admitted terrorist. The son never was. The statement that came out, that was leaked, is particularly concerning — the statement that the condition of an operational leader presents an imminent threat of attack to the U.S. does not require the U.S. to have clear evidence that a specific act will take place in the immediate future. One of my staff said, only a team of lawyers could define ‘imminent’ to mean the exact opposite. I agree completely.”

***

SCARBOROUGH: Here you have something truly chilling. Here you have the United States government saying, we can kill you, American citizen. You have no constitutional right to a jury by your peers. You have no constitutional right even to probable cause or to due process. You have no right to a lawyer. You have no right to counsel. You have no right to anything. If we suspect you, just suspect you, without evidence, that you were thinking about committing an act against the United States of America, we can kill you.

There are no checks and there are no balances. We can kill you. We can pick you out of a list and drop a bomb on you, and not only can we kill you, we can then kill your 16-year-old son who is not even affiliated with al Qaeda, and then we can blame it on the father for us having to kill the son.

***

The intelligence and targeting challenge presented by our enemy’s systematic violation of the laws of war — by hiding amongst civilians, refusing to wear uniforms, etc. — is exactly the same regardless of whether the target is an American or Pakistani or Iraqi. In prior wars, American forces have reacted to targeting challenges not with greater restraint, but with greater firepower — for example, one of the reasons for the firebombing of Japanese cities was the decision by Japanese leaders to disperse key manufacturing facilities across urban areas, rendering European-style daylight bombing raids essentially fruitless. We were faced with the terrible choice between area bombing and leaving much of the enemy’s war machine essentially unmolested — in the midst of an existential struggle for our existence. We chose area bombing.

In the current war, we go to great lengths to avoid targeting the wrong individual (when I was in Iraq, our targeting decisions were typically based on multiple, overlapping pieces of intelligence). Killing the enemy while sparing civilians is sound counterinsurgency, and it is sound morally. But when civilians do die, the responsibility for their deaths lies with the enemy that unlawfully used them as human shields.

If all this sounds harsh, or “chilling,” or scary, that’s because it is. War is hell. And there is no constitutional doctrine that exempts American citizens from that hell when they choose to wage war against their own country. Any other legal doctrine will create yet another perverse terrorist incentive: Can an American terrorist now be a unique human shield to prevent direct attack? An American al-Qaeda member would suddenly become the most deadly and dangerous of terrorists — enjoying unique legal protections not enjoyed by, say, Americans who wore German uniforms in World War II.

***

[H]ere’s the ugly truth: Obama is giving us what we want.

We have an unspoken agreement with the president. Obama never promised America he wouldn’t kill people more aggressively than his predecessor. But with a wink and a nod, he gave us plausible deniability.

Americans, it turns out, don’t really have the stomach for the unseemly business of taking prisoners, extracting information from prisoners, and then (maybe) going through the emotional, time consuming, and costly business of a trial.

American citizens want someone who will make the big, bad world disappear. Problems only exist if we have to confront them. Obama has made warfare more convenient for us — and less emotionally taxing. We should thank him.

This dynamic helps explain why some other liberal policies become popular. Ignorance is bliss.

***

Via National Review.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

First or not lets see eh! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Says I am lol…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Could keep going I guess…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

It’s lonely at the top!!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Oingo Boingo…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Drone me ya sucka!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Drones with portable Due Process option

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hiya EG!!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Sorry Scrumpy :)

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I can see Mediaite, NBC but not the National Review link. What is up with that?

O is pulling in way too much power — for me this one is way over the top but yet I am hearing nothing but support for this from MSM.

I am more than curious to see the Brennan hearing tomorrow where it is sure to come up.

CoffeeLover on February 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

It’s the dishonesty and hypocrisy of the state run media…

d1carter on February 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Can’t believe this thread is this open:-)

bluefox on February 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Lol for what? Lol…

This is QOTD right?

It’s the fun place to be on a dark and damp and dreary night!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Hiya EG!!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Cheers friend…

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Townhall servers shot again, I see.

John the Libertarian on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

ObamaFirster Touré Goes Full ‘Tard

He’s the Commander in Chief. RT @kirstenpowers10: You are fine w the White House deciding who is guilty and who should die?”

— Touré (@Toure) 5 February 2013

Frighteningly ignorant.

Touré: The Ultimate ObamaFirster

Resist We Much on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Lol for what? Lol…

This is QOTD right?

It’s the fun place to be on a dark and damp and dreary night!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I broke your..

Bishop…

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Scrumpy!

KCB on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

O/T Fox news has not renewed Dick Morris Contract; CNN????

bluefox on February 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Townhall servers shot again, I see.

John the Libertarian on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Is that what it is. I figured they were screwing with the java script again to pile more ads in.

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM

This has to be stopped! George Bush is using drones to kill people without a trial, military tribunal, or at least a hearing. And recently the Justice Dept has released a memo stating he or any other top ranking official can legally kill an American Citizen anywhere in the world without a trial military tribunal or hearing. And top official means Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, or any appointed cabinet member can do the same. Imagine if he appoints Sarah Palin ???? This is insane. I can see GWB being tried as a war criminal in the Hague for this. People of America Wake up !!!!

murrayjones on February 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

No no no no nooooooooooooooooo!!

It’s all for the Bishop!! :-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

excerpt: Allahpundit

This time, I’m the cynic … big time.

First or not lets see eh! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Says I am lol…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Wellllll … don’t let it go to your head. . : )

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

KCB on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Ken! (who likes expensive boots) ;-P

How are you this evening!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Well, now, isn’t this cute?

Old & Busted:

“I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God.”

- Evan Thomas, former assistant-managing editor of Newsweek

New Hotness:

“That the rule of law, that the rule of law, could not simply be in the hands of a king and could not be arbitrarily applied. And that’s precisely what this is, is in the hands of an American king.

- Jon Meacham, former editor-in-chief of Newsweek

What are we to make of it when the “Boyz From The Artist Magazine Formerly Known As Newsweek” DEMOTES Obama from God to King?

lol

Resist We Much on February 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Resist We Much on February 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Ha! I was ready this time. ; )

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Moi? Get a swell head?

Hmmmmmmmm, yeah and why not eh! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Well I came to Hot Air to hate on Rubio, I just gotta hate on him and call him every name I can think of and hate and hate and HAAAAAATE and I can’t do anything but hate and hate Rubio ackpfft the scum of the earth I hate and hate and my pair is ordered and I can’t tell you how much I hate and hate and HAAATE!1!11! the slimy scumbagz if one law breaker breaks the law the whole republic is lost for all timez!!!111! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhh111!

John the Libertarian on February 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Drone me ya sucka!

Scrumpy
on February 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I don’t know that I’d taunt them, after what they just did.

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Ha! I was ready this time. ; )

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

lol. I just found that tweet of his. He’s really flying his dicKtator freak flag now.

Resist We Much on February 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Thanks. I needed that. I feel much better now.

John the Libertarian on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

OT Seriously ,
Am I the most naive person ever ?
Spouse google my screen name .
It’s all there … I was shocked .
All connected to HotAir .
Anyone else not know this info
was on Google ?
Sorry to be OT .

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

No one is resisting the idea of killing an American citizen turned enemy combatant. No one is trying to create another legal doctrine.

Americans wearing German uniforms could be targeted.

It’s the capriciousness of the thing.

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Obowma is only three weeks into his new term…

Seven Percent Solution on February 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

S’arrright, I got drone seeking missiles and drone hunting radar on my broom stick!

I can fly faster than a speeding bullet!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Resist We Much on February 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

An American King has only one way to go..

He’s toast that got jammed..

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Anyone else not know this info
was on Google ?
Sorry to be OT .

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Most of your previous comments can be found on Google. You didn’t realize that? :)

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Obowma is only three weeks into his new term…

Seven Percent Solution on February 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

If that doesn’t make you want to hibernate for 4 years I don’t know what will

gophergirl on February 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Yep. All your ‘dirty’ deeds on HA ‘R’ Belong to Google now!!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Moi? Get a swell head?

Hmmmmmmmm, yeah and why not eh! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

That was awfully hypocritical of me, what with my “swelled” head.

But I figure I can justify mine, ’cause I’m perfect !: )

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM

The video came up for me on the Blue Buddha thread, gonna watch it. You know something I hadn’t noticed before. He’s a tiny little dude.

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM

John the Libertarian on February 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Which dude is smaller in build Blue Buddha or Rubio?

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

OT Seriously ,
Am I the most naive person ever ?
Spouse google my screen name .
It’s all there … I was shocked .
All connected to HotAir .
Anyone else not know this info
was on Google ?
Sorry to be OT .

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

This would only be a problem if you’re a closet Republican married to a Democrat.

conservative pilgrim on February 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

“I also will reject a legal framework that does not work. There has been only one conviction at Guantanamo. It was for a guilty plea on material support for terrorism. The sentence was nine months. There has not been one conviction of a terrorist act. I have faith in America’s courts, and I have faith in our JAGs. As president, I will close Guantanamo, reject the Military Commissions Act, and adhere to the Geneva Conventions. Our Constitution and our Uniform Code of Military Justice provide a framework for dealing with the terrorists.

This administration also puts forward a false choice between the liberties we cherish and the security we demand. I will provide our intelligence and law-enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists without undermining our Constitution and our freedom.

That means no more illegal wire-tapping of American citizens. No more national-security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. And it is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorists. The FISA court works. The separation of powers works. Our Constitution works. We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers, and that justice is not arbitrary.

This administration acts like violating civil liberties is the way to enhance our security. It is not. There are no short-cuts to protecting America, and that is why the fifth part of my strategy is doing the hard and patient work to secure a more resilient homeland.

Too often this administration’s approach to homeland security has been to scatter money around and avoid hard choices, or to scare Americans without telling them what to be scared of, or what to do. A Department set up to make Americans feel safer didn’t even show up when bodies drifted through the streets in New Orleans. That’s not acceptable.”

- Senator Barack Obama, 2007

That is, until I become President, then civil liberties go out the window…

Part of what makes us, I think, still a beacon to the world is that we are willing to hold true to our ideals even when it’s hard, not just when it’s easy. What I’ve said — and I will repeat — is that waterboarding violates our ideals and our values. I do believe that it is torture. I don’t think that’s just my opinion; that’s the opinion of many who’ve examined the topic. And that’s why I put an end to these practices.”

- President Barack Obama, 29 April 2009

…but, denying Americans due process and summarily executing them by drone “hold true to our ideals and values”…all because I say so.

Resist We Much on February 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Why yes, yes you are! ;-)

Perfection itself personified and multiplied and every kind of ‘ied’! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Scared? You type it is forever. It will last way longer than your gravestone. Historians will be chuckling at all of us, not to mention a few lawyers.

Run!

Limerick on February 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Sorry to be OT .

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

You’re on the right thread for going “off-topic”.

That is interesting, but not necessarily surprising, considering that ALL internet search engines gathering data from internet users.

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

@Lucano

Which is why you have to make decisions about anonymity, and how deep it your cover should go. You are probably OK and everything, Lucano. Freaked out if you just found this out, but — OK nevertheless.

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Outstanding. Bouncing around a bit. You?

KCB on February 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

EVERYTHING!! Lucano… every teensy tiny little detail… O-o

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

*it

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Lucano, how do you think rogerb and I find the stuff we find. You didn’t think we were storing it ourselves did you? Do this. Type HotAir, a commenters name, a phrase or topic. Its how I check someone out when I’m not familiar with the nom. I like to know who I’m dealing with generally. Example: Hotair lostmotherland, ditch.

See what you get. ; )

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

This is just pathetic policy. Just imagine if the Chinese use drones to take out one of their citizens who they SUSPECT of terrorism right in the middle of NYC. And if there is collateral damage, they turn around and say: Sorry, my bad. Are we gonna say: Kewl, we have the same policy? Dumb is as dumb gets.

tommy71 on February 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Reporters used to volunteer to be waterboarded “tortured” in order to criticise Bush.

They should be consistent and try out Obama’s “‘Due Process? What’s that?’ Execution Programme For American Citizens.”

If they do not, however will they know for certain that being “tortured” is worse than being summarily executed?

Touré?

Resist We Much on February 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM

An American King has only one way to go..

He’s toast that got jammed..

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Dear God, I hope you are right. The crap this president gets away with is becoming scary.

I have had so many conversations with friends who, conservative or liberal, don’t know what the heck is going on.

Something needs to be done about the media in this country. It’s criminal what they are getting away with…

ccrosby on February 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I saw a lot of people in here so I thought…

*Swoosh*

Hey watch out! Scrumpy is flying around on her Broom stick. Almost messed up my fancy hair do.

SparkPlug on February 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Oh wow!

This thread got rolling along and I didn’t say but Hi to EG!

Good evening fellow HArians! Ladies and Gentlemen, Hello!!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

The way I see it Obama is a MURDERER; killing a 16year old kid because he was the son of a terrorist is what it is….murder. Despite some pseudo-conservative acceptance of this policy, it is a slippery slope we don’t want to go down.

I wish nothing good on Obama and wouldn’t care if he got removed as president; does that make me a terrorist?

Tater Salad on February 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

SparkPlug on February 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Checking for Drones… with my anti drone missile capable broomstick!

Radar is a bit glitchy tho…

DUCK!!

;-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Why yes, yes you are! ;-)

Perfection itself personified and multiplied and every kind of ‘ied’! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

OKAY … enough already !

If my head gets any bigger, I won’t be able to fit into our Queen-sized bed, with my wife.

Then she’ll forbid me from going back on Hotair.com.

Then I’ll have to leave her … and everything !

Once the “reaction-chain” starts, there’s no gettin’ it back.

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Outstanding. Bouncing around a bit. You?

KCB on February 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Well yeah, since I had to go find the thread that comment went with. :)

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Better to kill a citizen than capture and waterboard him. It only makes sense in an upside-down world, a world to which we have been delivered by a man who throws and shoots like a girl. How utterly perfect is that?

TXUS on February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

You got it bad eh!?

Let me see (rummaging in my bag) Here take one of these ‘O’, it will lessen the swell…

Can’t have you not fitting in your bed or getting banned from HA!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hiya Scrumpy. *waves* Thank you for that awesome poem last night. Hope you saw my return comment.

tommy71 on February 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

EVERYTHING!! Lucano… every teensy tiny little detail… O-o

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

After watching Glenn Beck interview Ray Kurzweil on his video broadcast, NOTHING surprises me.

After that interview, it’s impossible for me to ever be surprised again.
I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but I’m sure it’s the TRUTH.

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Deming NM, 200 miles shy of home. Just couldn’t pull it off in 4 days. Battery went bad in Luling TX. Thank God for my super-smart batphone(android) that after a $75 jump start guided me to the. Nearest walmart.
Houston is a spectacle. Not in a good way. What a hellhole.

You’ll be happy to know we have ceded El Paso over to mexico. The border to NM on I10 is well before there, but the welcome to NM sign comes after. Guess they don’t want that to be your first taste.

Google map doesn’t even recognize El Paso. It’s just Juarez, with an El Paso airport. Symbolism, of it used to being America.
Ugliest place I’ve ever seen.

I-95 was beautiful. So was most of Texas. Hill country especially.

Mobile AL had roaches. LA east of the Mississipi.

Man,, what a drive.

wolly4321 on February 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

3 minutes in, liking Blue Buddhas take on Islam.

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM

tommy71 on February 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Yes! I did! Thank you {hugs}… :-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM

wolly4321 on February 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Go easy that last 200 miles! Take no chances nor risks, pull over if you get sleepy!

God Bless you on the rest of your journey!

Take Care :-)

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

You got it bad eh!?

Can’t have you not fitting in your bed or getting banned from HA!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Aw yeah … that’s the stuff. Now my wife will never know. : )

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Sorry I can’t stay and chat, but I will be lurking.

Stay thirsty my friends.:)

MarshFox on February 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Pffftt!!!!!!

If anyone ever used my Hot Air nom de plume to figure out I used to be Jimmy Hoffa, then I’d be worried.

Wait! I can explai…..

PolAgnostic on February 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Serious trouble in we are…

Obama has got to be stopped, he has gone over the edge.

I find him repulsive.

I also find him very scary now.

I can say now in all honesty, I do hate the man and what he stands for.

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM

MarshFox on February 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Good day!! Hope its going well where you are…

Be safe and God Bless!!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Lucano on February 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Pffftt!!!!!!

Wait! I can explai…..

PolAgnostic
on February 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM

You’re going to bring some unwanted visitors down on you.

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

…half an hour AFTER QOTD is posted…it shows up for me?…I give up!

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

For a hundred and fifty years being American was validated by the love you had for this country, your allegiance was your citizenship, only after the farce of birth right citizenship has there been any kind of quandary of whether or not you were worthy of protection.

Speakup on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

…half an hour AFTER QOTD is posted…it shows up for me?…I give up!

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

“Browser” difficulty?

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I find him repulsive.

I also find him very scary now.

I can say now in all honesty, I do hate the man and what he stands for.

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Someone who doesn’t follow the law of the lands…
But creates his own..

Should be feared…

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I can say now in all honesty, I do hate the man and what he stands for.

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM

…I know it’s not right…BUT I DO TOO!

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

ok this is strange. I went to see if I could get the Rand Paul speech on the other thread. Came back to this one………….and all the posts disappeared…poofed.

I swear I haven’t had anything to drink stronger than coffee!

CoffeeLover on February 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

williamg on February 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

From one classy lady to another:

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Then she’ll forbid me from going back on Hotair.com.

Then I’ll have to leave her … and everything !

Once the “reaction-chain” starts, there’s no gettin’ it back.

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That’s nothing.

What if you trip and stumble, and your ice cream cone gets tossed into some stranger’s cleavage, and she starts shrieking because she was just talking about gang violence, and for just a moment, thinks she’s been shot, and you instinctively jump back but fall over the escalator’s rail, and start tumbling to the first floor, and when you stand up at the bottom, bleeding, you reach out for people’s help, but accidentally grab a kid for a moment, and the mom grabs him back and starts screaming for the police, and everyone backs away and you look up at the man at the top of the escalator shouting “DON’T MOVE!” — and you reach into your pocket for a handkerchief to wipe your eyes so that you can see, but the cop thinks you are pulling a gun and starts opening fire, and you have to flee outside, knock a guy down, steal his car, and spend ten years in a Mexican jail being tattooed “Jaime’s B!tch” while you await extradition for being in the country illegally!

Get back to me, hombre, when ice cream makes you shudder!

Wimp. :)

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM

…I know it’s not right…BUT I DO TOO!

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

It is right…
The guy is a scumbag,liberal,Fluck..that has many people kneeling to him..

Not American…

The way we remember it…

Electrongod on February 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Stay thirsty my friends.:)

MarshFox on February 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

lol :)

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

He totally scares me… and I don’t scare easy :-O

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

<a href="go to design page“>”Well, would mind telling me WHO it was that we ACTUALLY ELECTED by Voting for Ron Paul, and Staying Home and HATING mmmBOOOOOOOOOOSH??!”

williamg on February 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

CoffeeLover on February 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Click refresh… it’s been hinky for days now…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

“Browser” difficulty?

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

…I’ll have to check it out with my kids…others have had problems…but I have had threads show up for the first time after I have been in and out of the site…an hour or two later!…even at work today two threads came up at the same time…that were not there 5 minutes before!

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Axe on February 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM

WOW!! Gobsmacked!

Vivid much? lol…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Now that there is downright spooky!

It’s 0 I tell you!

He hates HA…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM

CoffeeLover on February 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Click refresh… it’s been hinky for days now…

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

that’s the really weird thing. I refreshed 3Xs lol.

Koolaid….it’s the site.

CoffeeLover on February 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM

CoffeeLover on February 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Mine’s hinky but NOT that bad!!

Scrumpy on February 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM

The US Constitution doesn’t extend to the entire universe. It applies only to our sovereign territory.

I have no problem vaporizing anyone abroad who is a threat to this nation. I have a huge problem with traitors who demand that Afghan terrorists be mirandized in Afghanistan, who make a big deal about terrorists held at Gitmo, who try as much as they can to reveal American national security secrets to the enemy, who unilaterally disarm this nation, who try to expose CIA interrogators and their families to the enemy, …

By the White House’s own procedures, it would be perfectly appropriate to drone attack anyone from this traitorous administration the minute they step off of US territory. Works for me.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Deming NM, 200 miles shy of home.

wolly4321 on February 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

You’re late for the duck races.

RickB on February 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

“Browser” difficulty?

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The symptom you’ve described is unfamiliar to me, otherwise I’d offer some advice. That’s a strange one.

listens2glenn on February 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Man,, what a drive.

wolly4321 on February 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Wow. I can’t imagine that long of a drive.

Nice update info.