Great news: Obama shot a skeet once, or something

posted at 2:31 pm on February 2, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Barack Obama recently told the New Republic that he understands the concerns of gun owners, because “in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”  As critics chortled over both the notion that skeet shooting is what concerns gun owners and the idea that Obama shoots clay pigeons “all the time,” the White House has finally released a photo to back up its claim … and only one photo, dated August 12, 2012:

That led to a barrage of questions from journalists about whether the White House could offer proof that the president had gone shooting. It also led a Republican congresswoman to issue a challenge for a shoot-off. The White House has not responded to the challenge, but it has now uploaded this image[.]

And here it is:

Fox News reported earlier this week that there’s not likely to be more photos:

News of President Obama’s apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president’s “awkward” attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons.

This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.

“The only time he shot skeet was for President’s Cup,” said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. “I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn’t leave fast enough.”

Skeet shooting “is very hard,” said the source. “Especially for someone not used to guns … He couldn’t have been more uncomfortable.”

The source said a friend of his recalled Obama skeet shooting one other time at Camp David — very early on in his first term.

That didn’t stop Obama’s advisers from bragging about the photo this morning, though, and sneering at “skeeters” (via Twitchy and Weekly Standard):

I’ve done plenty of target shooting, but I’ve never gone skeet shooting. Nor is that the reason why most gun owners want their rights respected.  The publication of the photo, and especially the defensive attitude of Obama’s advisers, speaks volumes about their insecurity on the gun-rights issue.

But this certainly makes for a great weekend Caption Contest.  Have at it in the comments!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

I actually wish they hadn’t released the photo.

verbaloon on February 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Translated: “I have no idea why they did!”

A+

Del Dolemonte on February 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

“Hey! You didn’t pull that!”

cinnabar on February 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Fox:

“The official photo apparently depicts Obama – wearing protective glasses and earmuffs — firing the rifle Aug. 4, 2012. ”

Yea…’apparently’. Really needed that word in there.
Ha.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Hey Biden, can you please run a little slower?

rukiddingme on February 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

LOL! Nice one!

Conservative_Hippie on February 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

First time he shot off something other than his mouth.

BigOil on February 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Yea, sure.
I actually wish they hadn’t released the photo.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Damn straight. That photo is a joke example of “skeet shooting”, just like his other jpegs. Numbers that don’t coincide with known indexing and classifications … skeet shooting at eye level …

Yep. You guys are friggin sooper-geniuses.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

BobMbx on February 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

/thread

The excitement from his sycophants over this is ridiculous. Why do people hero worship politicians?

tom daschle concerned on February 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Because the same people identify government as their “god”.

Politicians are “the government”, to them.

listens2glenn on February 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Translated: “I have no idea why they did!”

A+

Del Dolemonte on February 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Release a photo!!
Show as a pic!!
Prove it!!

Hey…why did they release a photo?
Why the need to provide a pic?
What are they trying to prove?

TOO good.
Never give up. Way too entertaining.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Now we we won’t have as many conspiracy theories to entertain.
Of course…we’ll still have some.
We’ll always have some….

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Right, you idiot. Because WE somehow were the ones that PUSHED THIS???

The New Republic Pushes Fake Picture of Obama Skeet Shooting…Then Blames Twitter. (UPDATED: Original Golf Photo Included)

He gives an interview with Chris Hughes, the owner of The New Republic, who was a HUGE campaign donor. He first mentions that he “shoots skeet all of the time.” Then, Chris Hughes and The New Republic start pushing a laughably FAKE photograph as evidence of Obama shooting skeet with other outlets on the Left weighing in to support AND YOU SIGH AND WONDER WHY THERE ARE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS???

BTW, why don’t you have a little conversation with your friend, chumpThreads:

chumpThreads: Trig Truther

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

1. He, the sissy, is not taking Ms. Blackburn up on the challenge.

Asked for a reaction to Blackburn’s challenge, Carney responded, “I have none.”

2. I also wish he wouldn’t have released the photo. It maks the president of the once strongest land on Earth appear meak and cheap.

3. You’d have been better off staying out of this thread, just a friendly note. You must like being clay target :)

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

TOO good.
Never give up. Way too entertaining.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I recall how your kind were with all the R presidents. It’s fun, isn’t it?

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

One pic does not constitute “all the time”. Release more than four in pics in different clothes and different stances and then I might…might believe! Otherwise Obama continues to lie to the people!

fbcmusicman on February 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

verbaluce, Obama received the Nobel for nothing.

Reagan, with help, downed the communist bloc, without many shots (some were fired, contrary to claims)…nada.

It’s a weird world, indeed.

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Of course…it’s staged!
I mean…where is his shell bag…and vest???
Ha.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Unless they release a full video (not pictures) of ALL the shots he fired, it’s “staged.”

He’s given us more than sufficient grounds basis for that cynicism.

listens2glenn on February 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Yep. You guys are friggin sooper-geniuses.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

It took that long for him to be able to lead it.

In fact, it’s probably already hit the ground and is sitting on a hill in the distance and Obama decided it was a perfect opportunity to pull the trigger.

ButterflyDragon on February 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Of course…it’s staged!
I mean…where is his shell bag…and vest???
Ha.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

But, the golf glove hanging out of his pocket was a nice touch. /

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Right, you idiot. Because WE somehow were the ones that PUSHED THIS???

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM

‘YOU’ did.
Deny it all you want…I know you will.
Obama was asked a question. He gave a simple answer, and a perfectly modest one. Wasn’t saying anything more than he’s shot some skeet.
And the collective panties of you and yours go into full twist mode.
And what’s the issue now…that he’s not good at skeet shooting or something?

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

He’s shooting the economy.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM

But, the golf glove hanging out of his pocket was a nice touch. /

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Yea…run with that pic.
Ha.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM

And what’s the issue now…that he’s not good at skeet shooting or something?

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

One photo does not equal “all the time”.

You believe Obama is an avid skeet shooter? Yes or no.

ButterflyDragon on February 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

“Hey! You didn’t pull that!”

cinnabar on February 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Nicely played!

Conservative_Hippie on February 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

He’s shooting the economy.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM

: )

listens2glenn on February 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

And what’s the issue now…that he’s not good at skeet shooting or something?

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

The issue is that he lied about how he likes to shoot skeet. He doesn’t know how to hold the shotgun.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

i don’t care if it’s staged or not. Barry looks butch, and i’m……excited.

GhoulAid on February 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM

But did he yell “FORE” as he pulled the trigger?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on February 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Can I get me a skeet hunting license?

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

So, O shoots off his trap about shooting skeet all the time, the left provides cover by photo shopping a fake pic, then they double down with another fake shot of him shooting (skeet) and tell us not to dare photo shop it.

Got it.

Opinionator on February 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

verbaluce, Obama received the Nobel for nothing.

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Why care about the Nobel?
But I do pretty much agree with you on this point.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I like to shoot skeet.
No doubt I don’t hold the shotgun to your liking/approval.
Whoopdeedo.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

meh. I like chooming better.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Awful low aim angle to be taking a good shot at an actual flying clay pigeon.

PaCadle on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I didn’t check to see if anyone mentioned it yet, but apparently the White House issued a warning to anyone who would alter or use the photo in a manner not approved by the White House. From Breitbart:

“This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.”

In my not-so-humble political cartoonist opinion, there is absolutely NOTHING they can legally do about it.

cartooner on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

You believe Obama is an avid skeet shooter? Yes or no.

ButterflyDragon on February 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Based on his comments, no.
He said he’s had and has enjoyed the opp up at Camp David. Didn’t offer that this was a big hobby of his.
You?

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Ground skeet.

khacha on February 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

The shot heard around the world.Putin was fishing shirtless.
Somebody had to post this.Might as well be me.

docflash on February 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Awful low aim angle to be taking a good shot at an actual flying clay pigeon.

PaCadle on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

“Hold it still, Bosworth.”

Axe on February 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I like to shoot skeet.
No doubt I don’t hold the shotgun to your liking/approval.
Whoopdeedo.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

So the President of the United States, who likes to shoot skeet all the time, never bothered to have someone tell him how to use a shotgun?

No one said, “Mr. President, you’ll do better if you hold it like this”? Obama didn’t take any instructions because this was just a photo op.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

caption-

Narrator: “Doggoneit Valerie, I told you not to put real ammo in this thingy”

Conservative_Hippie on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Ground skeet.

khacha on February 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Snipe? :)

Axe on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

So we know at last why he needed so much time on that trip to Vegas.

Too bad he didn’t pay attention to lessons. MOST skeet shooters use earplugs, not head gear. It gets in the way.

Though that does look a nice set of the electronic ones.

But yeah. Why didn’t they put out a decent photo we could look at more closely? They learned to save it as a JPG with lower quality (higher compression.)

If you look at the area near pixel 550 x 310…strange artifacting.

ProfShadow on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

In fairness, this is as ridiculous as Romney claiming he’s a hunter.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Shot skeet once, when I was a teen. First time holding a shotgun and firing one (been only one other time since – though I wish there to be more). Got three shots at three skeet. 50% (I nicked one) But I’ve also fired at live moving targets before and fired rifles, so perhaps there’s that. What was the President’s tally I wonder?!

Logus on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

And, as others have said, the Second Amendment isn’t about sport shooting.

The Second Amendment is about “tyrant shooting” should the need arise.

ProfShadow on February 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM

caption-

Narrator: “Doggoneit Valerie, I told you not to put real ammo in this thingy”

Sorry I eant to say,

Barack: “Doggoneit Valerie, I told you not to put real ammo in this thingy”

Conservative_Hippie on February 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

The Second Amendment is about “tyrant shooting” should the need arise.

ProfShadow on February 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM

That is exactly what this released photo is. A tyrant shooting.

tom daschle concerned on February 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Why are his elbows so low?

Why is the butt positioned so high upon, and awkwardly into, his shoulder?

Why is the barrel level, rather than pointed upward?

Remember this must be the best of ALL the photos they have of him shooting.

I look forward to seeing pictures of prime athlete Secretary of Defense Kerrey wearing lycra cycling and windsurfing in the general area of Nantucket.

Between them, they’ll have Syria, Iran, Pakistan, and Egypt shaking in their shoes.

I can only await the appointments of Jane Fonda, Barney Frank, Pee Wee Herman, and Tiny Tim, and their undoubted contributions to national security.

Limpet6 on February 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Didn’t offer that this was a big hobby of his.
You?

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

“Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time,”

That sounds like a big hobby to me. “All the time” is a pretty bold statement for something that a person isn’t all that interested in.

ButterflyDragon on February 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

So gay. So fake. So obama.

Pork-Chop on February 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Why are his elbows so low?

Why is the butt positioned so high upon, and awkwardly into, his shoulder?

Why is the barrel level, rather than pointed upward?

Remember this must be the best of ALL the photos they have of him shooting.

Limpet6 on February 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

My questions also!

Conservative_Hippie on February 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Aiming a bit low for skeet, ain’t he?

farsighted on February 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Why the warning?

We paid for it, we own it.

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

If you look at the area near pixel 550 x 310…strange artifacting.

ProfShadow on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I put it on the table, but I don’t see the artifacting. Pulled out, it’s noisy, but that . . . that just looks like blurry, dry grass?

Anyway, now I know it’s been handsomely sharpened. Excellent job, whoever did it. Great pic.

Axe on February 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

What a wuss.

kingsjester on February 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

‘YOU’ did.
Deny it all you want…I know you will.
And the collective panties of you and yours go into full twist mode.
And what’s the issue now…that he’s not good at skeet shooting or something?

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

How did I push a fake photo of Obama shooting skeet? I didn’t photoshop it. I didn’t claim that it was an accurate representation of what it purported to be.

You have me confused with Progressives, Chris Hughes, The New Republic, Politico, and Ben Smith at BuzzFeed.

If you are INCAPABLE of understanding that MY post is calling out those IN THE MEDIA pushing a LAUGHABLY FAKED photograph, WHO CLAIMED TO HAVE GOTTEN THE PHOTO FROM THE WHITE HOUSE WEBSITE, then you are dumber than a box full of rocks.

The photoshopped image came from THE NEW REPUBLIC, idiot.

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I like to shoot skeet.
No doubt I don’t hold the shotgun to your liking/approval.
Whoopdeedo.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Would someone explain to the troll that “shooting skeet” is NOT the same thing as “shooting sheeeit”?

Let’s not even get started on trying to explain to him why form is so important in any competitive sport vis a vis holding a shotgun.

He might realize someone making that silly a$$ claim shoots skeet as often as the SCOAMF does.

PolAgnostic on February 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Why care about the Nobel?
But I do pretty much agree with you on this point.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Because you claimed that we are rough on the One.

Glad we agree.

You’d have sooooo much more credibility if, on topic, you’d have just said

“I wish he wouldn’t have gotten into this, at all”.

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

No shell pouch? I guess he’s going to take them out with one shot.

BDavis on February 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Kim Jung Il made a hole-in-one the first time he played golf. Dictators don’t need shell pouches.

Happy Nomad on February 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Awful low aim angle to be taking a good shot at an actual flying clay pigeon.

PaCadle on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

“Hold it still, Bosworth.”

Axe on February 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

LOL.

farsighted on February 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Isn’t there a Reuters story about Barry spending that day golfing with his buddy Bill?

CrazyGene on February 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

In fairness, this is as ridiculous as Romney claiming he’s a hunter.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

EXACTLY!

‘I’ve been a hunter pretty much all my life.’ – 5 April 2007

‘Any description of my being a hunter is an overstatement of capability.’ – October 2007

“I’m not a big-game hunter. I’ve made that very clear. I’ve always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will.” – April 2007

Hey, verb, I know that you abhor it, but I can say with CERTAINTY that I posted those quotes on my blog on 4 December 2011.

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:48 PM

CAPTION

Played for a fool, as usual, John Boehner discovers too late his Secret Service code name is “Skeet”.

;->

PolAgnostic on February 2, 2013 at 4:48 PM

The photo they forgot to release to the press…

Jabba The Cat on February 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM

“The photograph may not be manipulated in any way” Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I hope they didn’t put any money on that.

Cindy Munford on February 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM

The Second Amendment is about “tyrant shooting” should the need arise.

ProfShadow on February 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Which is why the left hates the Amendment.

IMO, what we need is to revive a healthy distrust of the government. It worked for centuries then FDR decided to make government into a provider. JFK/LBJ furthered that mindset. Now we’ve got a cult leader and plenty of greedy stupid people who think more government is the answer to any problem.

Happy Nomad on February 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Cindy Munford on February 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Jabba The Cat on February 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM

See, I told you. Very nice.

Cindy Munford on February 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Happy Nomad on February 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

But in the 1990s – another moment in time when an event in North Korea varies (some say it happened in 1991 and others in 1994), the late dictator, then 50 (or 53) years old, set a golfing standard that will assuredly never be surpassed. It occurred at the grand opening of the Pyongyang Golf Complex, which contains North Korea’s only 18-hole golf course.

After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34 at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces. Naturally, the event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency.

Marxist dictators accomplish amazing feats as a result of the love they receive from “the people.” We shant question the miracles that are achieved through “people power.”

Believe, you naughty skeptic, BELIEVE.

lol

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Pull!

BallisticBob on February 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

POTUS shoots clay targets on the range at Camp David on Aug. 4, 2012
Must have been a pretty busy day for our POTUS if I remember correctly President Obama played golf for six hours that Saturday before he an Michelle flew off to Camp David to celebrate his 51st. birthday…then he went skeet shooting ???????

Not that I disbelieve Team Obama … but ;)

philly_PA on February 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Never give up. Way too entertaining.

verbaloon on February 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

You certainly are!

Way too entertaining.

Del Dolemonte on February 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM

The “Alone” gunman.

chickasaw42 on February 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM

TOO good.

Never give up. Way too entertaining.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I recall how your kind were with all the R presidents. It’s fun, isn’t it?

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Yeah, the Left never Photoshopped photos of President Bush between 2000 and 2009…

Including the Mother of All Bush Photoshops, namely making it look like he was holding the book upside down in the classroom on the morning of 9/11…

And Daily Kos once actually accused Bush of Photoshopping extra troops into pictures showing him interacting with them.

When you do a Google search on “photoshopped pictures of President Bush”, you get 1,160,000 results.

Del Dolemonte on February 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM

One pic, not a spread, one pic of a dude who loves to be photographed?

ROFL, what a fake.

Bishop on February 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Happy Nomad on February 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM

A healthy distrust is exactly right and those are great examples, and might I humbly add just another example maybe a little earlier on perhaps. Socialist President Wilson gave us the direct elections of senators and income tax, you know, security and democracy instead of Federalism, great things back then to the great unwashed, and then the Republicans killed their brand and gave FDR his loving Father persona when the stock market crashed and people were in fear, so veterans lined up to get their bonuses they were owed, only to have their own military turn on them and their Hoovervilles burned down(not the governments thought per say) but it made the Rs look like villains. So here we are today.

MarshFox on February 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM

He must have gotten that skeet cornered in it’s lair.

ghostwalker1 on February 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

What a fool.

Poor fool.

avagreen on February 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

And yeah for a guy who shoots shotgun all the time his form is terrible, his scores must be laughable.

Bishop on February 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

What a fool.

Poor fool.

avagreen on February 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

And, unfortunately, our fool.

BallisticBob on February 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM

The AP already gave it to us

The official White House photo released Saturday is dated Aug. 4, 2012. The caption says Obama is shooting clay targets on the range at Camp David. Obama is seen holding a gun against his left shoulder, his left index finger on the trigger and smoke coming from the barrel. He is wearing jeans, a dark blue, short-sleeved polo shirt, sunglasses and headphones.

Headphones, LMAO

Fenris on February 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM

But, the golf glove hanging out of his pocket was a nice touch. /

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Yea…run with that pic.
Ha.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Too late. The New Republic already did…along with claiming that they obtained it from the White House.

Resist We Much on February 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Great news: Obama shot a skeet once, or something

Late in making this point but the rat-eared wonder might have shot at a clay pigeon once or twice but no evidence the bastard actually shot it.

Happy Nomad on February 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Bishop on February 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

It’s ok, because everyone is a winner at Camp David. Each shooter gets a participation trophy.

STL_Vet on February 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM

One pic, not a spread, one pic of a dude who loves to be photographed?

ROFL, what a fake.

Bishop on February 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

No, no, no. That is the photo of when he took out been laden.

VegasRick on February 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Yank!!!

Barnestormer on February 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM

The Obama presidency in a nutshell. Out: The War on Terror In: The War on Clay Pigeons.

Buy Danish on February 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM

He, the sissy, is not taking Ms. Blackburn up on the challenge.

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Oh, come on.
And you complain when he comes off as the grown up in the room.
That’s only because of childish remarks like Blackburn’s.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

The bravery of being out of shooting at a range.

His staff must have had him pose for this photo (last August) just in case the 2nd amendment came up during the debates.

kregg on February 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Bark didn’t ice Bin Ladlad with a shotgun, he used his bare hands and did so while humming “God bless America”.

Bishop on February 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I recall how your kind were with all the R presidents. It’s fun, isn’t it?

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Example?
I’ll reflect and report back.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

D*mn goats in my choom patch again!

bluesdoc70 on February 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Looks like the folks with Photoshop skills are extending a collective Middle Finger regarding the White House’s quaint “Don’t Shop Me, Bro” ultimatum.

Best one I’ve seen so far? One of Dear Leader (with the image flipped, so he’s shooting from Left to Right) shooting skeet from the turret of a tank. In the other hatch on O’bamna’s side? Mike Dukakis.

Another one has him shooting skeet in Benghazi, and yet another has flowers coming out of the end of the gun barrel.

More here

There are also a couple of comparison pictures, one showing Ike skeet shooting at Camp David, and another showing Bush family members doing the same. All of them are aiming much higher than Dear Leader is.

If Dear Leader were “winning” on this gun issue, he wouldn’t need to release this photo. It’s a pity that the Low IQ O’bamna Voter would rather be waterboarded than admit such an Inconvenient Truth.

Del Dolemonte on February 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

And you complain when he comes off as the grown up in the room.

verbaloon on February 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Example?

“I Won.”

You really need 2 shovels-one for each hand.

Del Dolemonte on February 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Well even this isn’t as comical as John Kerry explaining how he skillfully crawls on his belly to hunt whitetail on Cape Cod.

Don L on February 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

MarshFox on February 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM

MarshFox-

Yes, Wilson was a socialist that gave us the income tax but the real criminal here was FDR who instituted the withholding aspect of taxation. Before then, income taxes were a yearly bill. I honestly think we need to go back to the old system where folks have to pay thier income taxes annually. Let them have to pay the full bill at once to make them understand just how much the government is taking from them.

Happy Nomad on February 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Verby forgot about all the “Chimpy McBush” monkey pics.

Bishop on February 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

In fairness, this is as ridiculous as Romney claiming he’s a hunter.

El_Terrible on February 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

But it’s fiction that Obama was bragging…or saying he was an avid long time skeet shooter…or knew lots about guns.
I bet he’s not that good. But I doubt he doesn’t enjoy it. It’s fun.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Poor verbaluce is trying his best to derail this thread. Poor guy. The petulant President is a pansy.

kingsjester on February 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Bishop on February 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

It only goes to prove that he isn’t one of the masses, it actually makes him even more elite looking than the elite, why, because even the elites, some of them at least do some type of shooting as a hobby, if for no other reason than to be able to claim some gun credibility, I mean this is a poor attempt at optics, which too me only adds to the ledger of incompetence that is already filled. Then Verbulance comes in and tries to spin it here, look, after the faked op, they should have gone with the better to be thought a fool, then to open ones mouth and confirm it. However critical thinking skills are in short supply in the world these days unfortunately.

For Verbulance, this man espouses the very definition of hubris with his entire being, not sure you want to be around when his Nemesis comes knocking as it always does.

MarshFox on February 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Didn’t offer that this was a big hobby of his.
You?

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

“Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time,”

ButterflyDragon on February 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

To you.
But you gotta really wanna to be able to extrapolate that.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Gotta be fake…You know every fly in Maryland would be on him.

bluesdoc70 on February 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Why care about the Nobel?
But I do pretty much agree with you on this point.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Because you claimed that we are rough on the One.

Glad we agree.

You’d have sooooo much more credibility if, on topic, you’d have just said

“I wish he wouldn’t have gotten into this, at all”.

Schadenfreude on February 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

By all means be rough…but don’t be silly.
And do not tell me this isn’t silly. This is like low calories birtherism.

verbaluce on February 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM