Rep. Blackburn: I’d love to go skeet shooting with the president — I bet I’d beat him

posted at 11:31 am on January 29, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

I hope President Obama didn’t think he’d be able to make such a shameless pander and get away with it completely unchallenged. President Eisenhower originally installed the skeet shooting range at Camp David, and of the time he does spend at the presidential retreat, no doubt President Obama has checked it out once or twice — but an “all the time” aficionado? Let’s be real.

Hey, Tennessee Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn has an idea — if the president is a skeet-shooting fan, why not host a bipartisan group of lawmakers at Camp David, and kill two birds (pun alert!) with one stone? It would provide an opportunity for some positive PR in terms of both across-the-aisle outreach and quelling Second-Amendment enthusiasts’ fears that Obama might be an anti-gun zealot? And if the “fact” that the president enjoys skeet shooting really is so very trivial to the overall gun debate we’re having, why did he bother mentioning it at all?

“If he is a skeet shooter, why have we not heard of this? Why have we not seen photos? Why hasn’t he referenced this at any point in time?” Blackburn said on CNN on Monday night. …

She added: “I tell you what I do think — I think he should invite me to Camp David, and I’ll go skeet shooting with him and I bet I’ll beat him.” …

Blackburn was back on CNN Tuesday to again reiterate her challenge.

“I would think that if the president says that he’s been skeet shooting, I would like to know with what regularity he is out there shooting those clay pigeons,” she said.

“I want to know if he’s shooting with a 12-gauge or a 20-gauge; I prefer a 20-gauge,” she said.

Sadly, even the president’s preferred outdoor leisure activity of golf is most often reserved for a close-knit group of White House advisors and friends rather than political shmoozefests. Ah, well.

Comments

Is there a skeet range at Camp Devoid?

BobMbx on January 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Of course Obama will wimp out. Just like he wimped out when Scott Brown challenged him to a game of hoops.

JohnTant on January 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

and I bet I’ll beat him.

The key to ruffling a narcissist’s feathers. Challenge him some more. Call him a coward, who doesn’t want to compete against a woman because he’s afraid he’ll lose. Then get him on camera losing.

LoganSix on January 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Doesn’t she know that you can Rule 4 souless Marxists?

nobar on January 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Video of Obama Skeet Shooting.

portlandon on January 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

The only gun Obama has ever shot was while playing Duck Hunt.

He kept hitting the dog.

Then fantasized about eating it.

JohnTant on January 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Cheney should offer to go shooting with him.

29Victor on January 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

He won’t even release video of him missing free throws and being a very mediocre basketball player. He claims to be into basketball but won’t show his inability. He won’t let anyone film him golfing. He says he loves it, but by all accounts he sucks at it. So of course he won’t allow this to happen, it’s just one more lie that liberals will lap up.

Flange on January 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Thanks Rep. Blackburn for the challenge to bho for a shoot! You really don’t think bho will take you up on though do you Ms. Blackgburn? bho just opens his lying mouth and thinks no one will find out it is a lie?
L

letget on January 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

JohnTant on January 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

This should be Obama’s standard response:

Cause I’d kill you. It’s real simple, I’d kill you and your parents would sue me and it’d be a big mess and I don’t care enough about you to bother.

29Victor on January 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM

*can’t (my vision must be fading).

nobar on January 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Bark would show up with a single shot .410, spend 5 minutes trying desperately to keep the 9mm round he keeps loading into it from sliding out the barrel, and finally claim he has an important meeting and declare “You people go ahead, I have some things to take care of.”

I wouldn’t be within 25 feet of Bark while he holds a shotgun.

Bishop on January 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Why would the President agree? Being beaten by a woman is an experience he can get aplenty at home.

Archivarix on January 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I rather have Obama meeting Ray Lewis, late-night, in an Atlanta bar.

sentinelrules on January 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM

He’d probably hit her hair.

DarkCurrent on January 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Video of Obama Skeet Shooting.

portlandon on January 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Lol, Brooks is great.

jawkneemusic on January 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

They could have a beer summit first.

percysunshine on January 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Video of Obama Skeet Shooting.

portlandon on January 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

WINNER!

katy the mean old lady on January 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Bishop on January 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Can you imagine competing in any sport against Obama? I’d bet my last dollar that he’d be one of those guys who blame the wind, the sun, “cheaters,” the grass, the rain, etc for every bad shot/hit/play.

29Victor on January 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Bishop on January 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Thank you, Bishop! I needed that.

blammm on January 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Oh, you mean suck-ups who will let the emperor win.

Oldnuke on January 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Bishop on January 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Nonsense. He wouldn’t load his own gun. He has people for that.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if he had people to shoot the targets for him.

Lily on January 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I bet I’d beat him

No doubt….which is why Barry would never accept such an invitation.

hawkeye54 on January 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Assault Skeet Shooting.

aryeung on January 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

We’d love to see you beat him too, Mr.Blackburn.

MelonCollie on January 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

She should invite him to a turkey shoot just so we could watch the outrage from PETA.

antipc on January 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Archivarix on January 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM

OUCH ! … (and a rim-shot)

listens2glenn on January 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Progs (and yeah, they’re really saying it): ‘No way will POTUS take her up on her offer. He’d beat her easily, but that would be construed as a victory for the war on women. No, thats for the republicans, not us’. Bwahahaha.

tommy71 on January 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

He doesn’t actually shoot the clay pigeons, but he does approve the “kill list” of pigeons to be shot – after contemplating the teachings of Sts. Thomas Aquinas and Augustine.

notropis on January 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Nah. Skeet shooting, like so many other things, is “above his paygrade.”

Galtian on January 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Called out for being a continuous liar. Since the press never challenges him on any of the rest of his continual lies, they just get more outlandish each time. But the press will cover for him again and this will go away.

michaelo on January 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Obama never said he actually went skeet shooting. He said “we do skeet shooting all the time”.

Keep in mind he’s a Marxist. The term “we” doesn’t mean it includes him. “We” means he speaks for others. Any reference you ever find of Obama using the term “we” it’s always used in a manner where he excludes himself from the group, while maintaining solidarity with the group.

When asked if his family goes up there his answer was “but oftentimes guests of mine go up there”. No one asked him about his guests. They asked him about his family.

I think all we can take from his answer is that the skeet range is used “all the time”, just not by him.

ButterflyDragon on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

question: “Mr. President, do you use a 12 gauge?”

Oblamer: “Well, yeah, uh… 12, 13… whatever it takes.”

Dexter_Alarius on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Oh yeah, great idea going skeet shooting with Barky.

You use a 20 gauge, he would use a Predator to take out the entire range.

Mommy issues…

CorporatePiggy on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Video of Obama Skeet Shooting.

portlandon on January 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
WINNER!
katy the mean old lady on January 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

“Count DeMONEY!! Count DeMONEY!!

Khun Joe on January 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Video of Obama Skeet Shooting.

portlandon on January 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

. . . . . . . . . . I represent the owners of all copyrighted Monty Python content, and this sketch is clearly a rip-off of their “intellectual property.”

Otherwise, it’s GREAT ! … : )

listens2glenn on January 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I remember well the day my 10th grade AP History teacher went into detail about how Madison and Jefferson convinced the Constitutional Congress Congress that The Second Amendment was essential. After tyranny by foreign and domestic powers was pooh-poohed, and the sanctity of the home ridiculed because two other Amendments dealt with that minor issue, Madison nailed the argument down when he broached the subject of skeet shooting! “Hear, hear” they all shouted. “Skeet”!
Does Obama use a musket?

pat on January 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

“Show some respect.”

That’s what my wife was told on Facebook. A bunch of libs had been circulating a “Thank you, Hillary” post for whatever she did as Secretary of State. My wife commented “What the hell for?” And a fascist-ling posted back: “Show some respect.”

That’s what you’re going to get in the coming order: liberal/progressive shame and conformity. They were against it, before they were for it.

Axeman on January 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM

She appears to have a couple of years “seniority” on me, but I believe I’d like to go skeet shooting with Rep. Marsha Blackburn.

I wouldn’t care how much she “upstaged” me, either … : )

listens2glenn on January 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Dexter_Alarius on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Dang! Beat me to it. Those few lines there at the end just begged for a Mr Mom reference.

Jack Slade on January 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Shoots like he bowls…

Kuffar on January 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

we’re safe now so get rid of your guns?? how stupid.

You’re not sinking so go ahead and take off that lifejacket.

Seriously this guy can’t even believe his own line of thinking can he?

earlgrey133 on January 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Well seeing as how Obummer thinks women can do everything in combat that men can do, this should be fun to watch.

Nutstuyu on January 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Triple. Dog. Dare.

GadsdenRattlers on January 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM

question: “Mr. President, do you use a 12 gauge?”

Oblamer: “Well, yeah, uh… 12, 13… whatever it takes.”

Dexter_Alarius on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Couldn’t Larry Sinclair answer that better? Is he even still alive?

Nutstuyu on January 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Triple. Dog. Dare.

GadsdenRattlers on January 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Too warm today.

But he may put his eye out if he accepts the challenge.

Jabberwock on January 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Like Michelle would ever let him shoot.

LetsBfrank on January 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Obummer has drones take out the clay pigeons. And he got Bin Laden, too, remember?!? /s

KS Rex on January 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I used to work at the White House and have been to Camp David on many occasions. I can vouch there is a skeet range there.

I would also say – though Ogabe may not be the most proficient skeet shooter – he’s probably used that range more than once. President’s will often engage visitors in various activities they may be interested in – and it wouldn’t surprise me if skeet shooting was one of those activities.

There are a lot of military personnel on Camp David – and when I was there, the skeet range was pretty popular among military staff. Another thing – military staff often get engaged in activities there with the families of the POTUS and V POTUS. I myself had the honor of playing a game of pickup b-ball with Vice President Quail and his son.

Why does it matter? The 2nd amendment isn’t about skeet shooting.

HondaV65 on January 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Like Michelle would ever let him shoot.

LetsBfrank on January 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Maybe he sneaks out to the range when he’s on a smoke break.

Maybe THAT’s why we don’t have any video of him shooting hoops. He tells the little woman that he’s going out to shoot some hoops but really he’s out at the range with the guys poppin’ a few targets and takin’ some drags on a cig or two.

And now his cover is blown.

Lily on January 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM

No way the Secret Service allows anyone with a gun anywhere near this guy.

Adjoran on January 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I wouldn’t be within 25 feet of Bark while he holds a shotgun.

Bishop on January 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I’d want more than 25 feet. You’re brave.

trigon on January 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Why does it matter? The 2nd amendment isn’t about skeet shooting.

HondaV65 on January 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM

By the time Obama is done with it, it will.

This whole thing is about giving him some cred with the public.

Blackburn is poking fun at him. And bursting that bubble.

Jabberwock on January 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Maybe he sneaks out to the range when he’s on a smoke break.

And now his cover is blown.

Lily on January 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM

He’ll be wanting long pants soon.

trigon on January 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM

O/T

As if they don’t already know what gunfire sounds like in Chicagoland…

Resist We Much on January 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Is it just me, or did his saying that he goes skeet shooting “all the time” have an echo of someone insincererly saying “some of my best friends are minorities”? Totally patronizing, in addition to being a flat-out lie.

I believe his saying he shoots skeet about as much as I believe Biden’s story about hearing the shots from the Amish school massacre in Pennsylvania. Which is to say, not at all.

iurockhead on January 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

By the time Obama is done with it, it will.

This whole thing is about giving him some cred with the public.

Blackburn is poking fun at him. And bursting that bubble.

Jabberwock on January 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM

She should be careful what she asks for then. She’s asking for Ogabe to host a big Congressional skeet shooting bash. Were I Ogabe – I’d say … “Hey great idea”. Hold the skeet meet, let the cameras roll and the LSM makes me look like a “good ole boy” who’s a sportsman … comfortable around guns.

All the while pushing to ban them.

Makes his job of banning much easier.

HondaV65 on January 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I’d want more than 25 feet. You’re brave.

trigon on January 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

That’s twelve and a half people standing in between.

Flange on January 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

So plays with his balls with select friends??

ChuckTX on January 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

CHICAGOLAND: School Shooting Drill To Include Blanks Fired In Hallway To Familiarize Students With Sound Of Gunfire!As if they don’t already know what gunfire sounds like in Chicagoland…

Resist We Much on January 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

That city is terminally ill.

Jabberwock on January 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Obama is constantly lying – there’s no way he’s going to compete against a Republican (LET ALONE A WOMAN!) and be beaten.

Can anyone say with certainty how many times he’s been to Camp David, which he hates?

disa on January 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM

So plays with his balls with select friends??

ChuckTX on January 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Ha a woman EVER been included in one of these golf outings?

I wonder if maybe those rumors about Michelle being his “beard” are true…

disa on January 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Lily on January 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Can totally see this.

LetsBfrank on January 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM

All the while pushing to ban them.

Makes his job of banning much easier.

HondaV65 on January 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

And allows all that may, the opportunity to, as you point out, say that 2nd is not about skeet shooting.

It would take a hell of a lot of selling to convince ANYONE that Obama is a “good ole boy”. His whole image is opposed to that.

Jabberwock on January 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Rep. Marsha Blackburn might be a better shooter, but I would prefer that Obama go skeet shooting with former VP Dick Cheney.

Steve Z on January 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM

question: “Mr. President, do you use a 12 gauge?”

Oblamer: “Well, yeah, uh… 12, 13… whatever it takes.”

Dexter_Alarius on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Oh, man! I wanted to use that.

Cheney should offer to go shooting with him.

29Victor on January 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I’d watch for a knock on the door.

freedomfirst on January 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Bishop

Do you honestly think that the Marines who are the security and range officers at Camp David would A ) hand the Prezzy a .410 shotty, B ) hand him a 9 mil round, C ) not load a firearm with appropriate ammunition?

chimney sweep on January 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Conservative women: doing the job the grand old boys won’t.

Thank you for taking this clown to task.

Nordeast on January 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM

ButterflyDragon on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I think you have it right. He never said he went skeet shooting. Just that “we” do it at Camp David. The way a tour guide would say “we.”

Weasel wording all the way.

Missy on January 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

CHICAGOLAND: School Shooting Drill To Include Blanks Fired In Hallway To Familiarize Students With Sound Of Gunfire! As if they don’t already know what gunfire sounds like in Chicagoland…

Resist We Much on January 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Trust Rahm to sneak in a few live shots and blame the resulting deaths on Second Amendment and assault weapons.

Archivarix on January 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Once again, conservative women demonstrating that they’ve more balls than conservative (or liberal) men.

Jeddite on January 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Steve Z on January 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I would prefer that Obama go skeet shooting with Saddam Hussein. Tomorrow.

Archivarix on January 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

He’d probably hit her hair.

DarkCurrent on January 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Ha ha! Love me some big, rockin’ 80′s hair :-)

yubley on January 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

My kids would love to get in on that match – and skeet isn’t even their best discipline.

2nd Ammendment Mother on January 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

– Rep. Marsha Blackburn

Seems Erika is selective about concerns over pandering.

verbaluce on January 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM

chimney sweep on January 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Oh, I dunno. I remember my brother telling me about the time President Clinton came aboard his submarine and how all the sailors saluted very sharply with their fingertips touching their chins instead of at eyebrow level or whatever it was supposed to be. (I have never served) He said Clinton never seemed to notice the disrespect being shown him and none of the officers said a word to anyone after the fact. My father who had also served in the Navy was shocked beyond words to hear it. Especially that the officers let it go.

Of course setting up his guns is a little different than salutes, but I bet they could come up with some little way to put him in his place.

Lily on January 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM

O/T

As if they don’t already know what gunfire sounds like in Chicagoland…

Resist We Much on January 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

LMFAO. Return fire with live rounds likely.

tom daschle concerned on January 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM

SkeeterGate.

There…someone had to say it.

ProfShadow on January 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Resist We Much on January 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

In a related story, the schools in my community are training students to “duck and cover” by rolling up in a tight ball under their desk in the event of an armed intruder.

Great training to become easy passive targets as sitting ducks.

hawkeye54 on January 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

She would probably beat him in arm wrestling too.

chewmeister on January 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I’ll bet she also looks better than him in mom jeans.

29Victor on January 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Buuuush made me miss….

dentarthurdent on January 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I wouldn’t care how much she “upstaged” me, either … : )

listens2glenn on January 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Same here. I think she’s pretty hawt. And being able to handle a gun only makes her more so.

UltimateBob on January 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Obama: “I shoot skeet all the time.”
Blackburn: “Really. You shoot 12-gauge or 20-gauge?”
Obama: “Um, uh, uh, the first one, I think, whatever you said.”

If Obama shoots like he throws a baseball Blackburn better duck behind sandbags when it’s Obama’s turn.

CrustyB on January 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Time for a Skeet “summit”…….

Bring your lasers.

FlaMurph on January 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Is she kidding? Dumb-ass Jug Ears doesn’t even know which end the pellets come out of!

GarandFan on January 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Barry Get Your Gun!

Blackburn sings, “Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you!”

The Rogue Tomato on January 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I’m sure no skeets were harmed during prezzy’s visit to the range.

Kissmygrits on January 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM