Quotes of the day

posted at 9:49 pm on January 29, 2013 by Allahpundit

Rubio doesn’t back down. This is his moment. As the charismatic and articulate son of Cuban immigrants who rose to prominence as a tea-party ally, Rubio has a singular place in the conservative firmament, and he could likely hold onto that status for years with little effort…

Rubio is pleased with how receptive many conservatives have been to having a civil conversation about immigration, both on the radio and on Capitol Hill. “To do this right, this can’t be about politics, but about a process,” he says. “I was working on this, then I started to work with the group. Our principles aligned, and when people agree with you, that’s an opportunity you take.”

Another reason for the Republican calm, beyond Rubio’s charm offensive, is his ability to turn concerns about granting amnesty into a conversation about preventing amnesty. Rubio argues the president and many Democrats would likely encourage fewer conditions if Republican leaders weren’t involved…

Conservatives have not yet revolted, though there is grumbling on many conservative websites and on the radio. Rubio says he’ll keep reaching out, asking his fellow Republicans and conservatives to help him shape an unavoidable national debate. “Buy-in is important,” he says. “You can’t come up with something behind closed doors and then expect people to accept it.”

***

“This is going to be tough for Republicans and the recidivist elements in our party,” said GOP strategist Alex Castellanos, himself a Cuban-American.”It will all be fine until there is a GOP primary, say for president, and one candidate breaks out as the anti-immigration candidate and appeals to GOP fears and not hopes.”…

But, all of that doesn’t mitigate the political risk for Rubio in getting so far forward on the issue. In a November Washington Post-ABC News poll, just more than one in three (37 percent) of self-identified Republicans supported a “path to citizenship” for those in the country illegally as compared to 71 percent of Democrats and 59 percent of Independents who favored some sort of path…

“Senator Rubio’s path to the Senate provides some inoculation to the downside risk because he has ‘street cred’ with the coalition of the party that has the greatest concern about this issue,” said Rob Jesmer, former executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee and now a partner at FP1 Strategies.

***

During a March 28, 2010 Fox News debate against then-Gov. Charlie Crist, Rubio said: “He would have voted for the McCain plan. I think that plan is wrong, and the reason I think it’s wrong is that if you grant amnesty, as the governor proposes that we do, in any form, whether it’s back of the line or so forth, you will destroy any chance we will ever have of having a legal immigration system that works here in America.”

In a CNN debate on Oct 24, 2010, moderator Candy Crowley asked, “So your plan is that you’re going to close the borders, get the electronic system, fix the legal system, and then do what?” Rubio responded: “And then you’ll have a legal immigration system that works. And you’ll have people in this country that are without documents that will be able to return to the — will be able to leave this country, return to their homeland, and try to re-enter through our system that now functions, a system that makes sense…Earned path to citizenship is basically code for amnesty.”

The legislation Rubio backed Monday requires illegal immigrants to pass a criminal background check, hold down a job, pay fines and back taxes, learn English, and go to the back of the line – just like previous proposals…

“He took a right turn on immigration but he’s slowly coming back to where I think he’s naturally oriented,” said Marshall Fitz, direction of immigration policy at the liberal Center for American Progress.

***

So this time, Republicans, led by McCain and Sen. Marco Rubio, have insisted on provisions they claim will ensure the new system will be tough. “Individuals with probationary legal status will be required to go to the back of the line of prospective immigrants, pass an additional background check, pay taxes, learn English and civics, demonstrate a history of work in the United States, and current employment, among other requirements, in order to earn the opportunity to apply for lawful permanent residency,” says the five-page bipartisan proposal.

But the bottom line is, those who are here illegally now, unless they have some sort of serious criminal record, will be made legal on the first day the new law takes effect. So wouldn’t day-one legality be an incentive for more people to come to the U.S. illegally?…

Other GOP senators are equally skeptical, at least for now; don’t look for many to jump on board. “There’s no reason to embrace a five-page, notional product now, when the Judiciary Committee will almost certainly pull it farther to the left,” says another Senate Republican aide. “Everybody on our side wants Rubio to succeed, but I think a lot of members will think it imprudent to sign off on this so quickly.”

***

“It is not inevitable,” [GOP Rep. Lamar] Smith said on “The Laura Ingraham Show.” “I don’t think it’s going to happen for lots of good reasons.”

“This is nothing new, the same individuals who have been for amnesty in the past are for amnesty today. That shouldn’t surprise anybody,” he said, explaining he hasn’t seen a surge of new support for the idea “that we should legalize everyone in the country.”…

“I certainly do not see a majority of the House voting for mass amnesty and legalizing everybody in the country illegally.” Smith reiterated. “Maybe the House is going to be the firewall here but we still need to come up with ways to attract Hispanics to the Republican Party, but we can do that economically not playing in the field of the Democrats.”

***

One of the lesson’s we’ve learned from divided government over the past several years is that nothing at all gets done unless it absolutely has to. That’s been the case with the deals that have been struck to avert government shutdowns, raise the debt ceiling and avoid the “fiscal cliff.” But America’s immigration system falls into the category of problems — like entitlements — that should be addressed, but won’t be because there’s no date certain that they must be.

Whether or not lawmakers are earnest about wanting to resolve the issue, politically, all sides could live with doing nothing. Democrats would still be able to use it as a wedge issue and Obama could argue he really tried on immigration this time, but Republicans were simply intransigent. Conservative House members could go back to their districts and say they successfully blocked amnesty. Republicans like Rubio could argue that they really wanted immigration reform to happen, but Obama was simply unwilling to compromise to get it across the finish line. As long as all sides have fall back positions in the event that nothing gets passed, it’s hard to see how this survives the legislative meat grinder.

***

[G]ranting illegal immigrants legal status, while also denying them federal benefits but still promising citizenship in the future, Rubio will have made the Republicans political situation worse, not better. Greg Chen, director of advocacy for the American Immigration Lawyers Association, notes that the Senate bill calls for border security to “apprehend every unauthorized entrant.” “If that’s going to be the standard, that’s essentially an unrealistic, impossible standard to meet,” says Chen.

So either those granted legalized status will eventually get citizenship without border security, or they will be stuck in eternal limbo. “Is this citizenship in name only? If so, there is going to be some pretty dramatic backlash,” Mary Giovagnoli, director of the Immigration Policy Center, told The Washington Post.

Come 2016 Democrats will be more than happy to help immigrant communities direct that backlash directly at the Republican presidential candidate, whoever that may be.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

I almost fell in the bathtub.

Rusty Allen on January 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM

…who tripped you?
bluegill?
…hope you had a shower cap on!

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Scrumpy on January 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Bourbon (Woodford Reserve) over a couple of cubes.

KCB on January 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Axe having an Axe moment again? :-)

tommy71 on January 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Bmore on January 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Axe on January 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

You wax poetical, you are insightful and scary in those thoughts.

You give a different view…

Scrumpy on January 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

*********************** OOPS ******************************

Correction:

THE SUEZ CANAL,not Panama………..
======================================

44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.

38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.

SWalker on January 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM

SWalker:

I’m thinking that the Muslim BrotherHood Goons are eyeing that prize!
—-:)

canopfor on January 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM

canopfor on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

No union evil can come to the glade, by the way. All union evil poofs at the border into . . . well, you don’t want to know, but it doesn’t come into the glade. :)

Cast that one myself.

Axe on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Axe on January 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I could fictionalize all day long trust me and they would still know. Too much and it detracts from the story. Look, my grandfather despised the now Vice President with a passion when he was a senator, that is well known in our town, his son is a Libertine who is now in jail and married to a hooker,(third wife) my mother god love her is a Dixiecrat who has voted for Republicans for some time now and on husband number five. Her family has been plowing the same ground since before the Revolutionary War, and were treated terribly at the hands of Federal troops during the Civil War, even though they had never owned a slave a day in their lives. Matter of fact they had tons of kids to work the farm, cheap labor:) Yes, good story but really to well known to put it out there for the masses without my siblings getting attention, I am their big brother and evidently I must exercise better judgement then them with the way their lives have all turned out, but that is another story:) No, I think I will just tell tales of childhood and sprinkle a little bit in as I go, lesser pain that way. Ok, back to the shop and lurking, dag nab it.

MarshFox on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

And what would I say myself? On Sketchbook, for ten people to see?

Axe on January 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I cover stuff like that on my blog, because while it is a little tiny insignificant blog which virtually nobody reads, it is my voice online. And Damn it, I will not be silent and watch what is happening without saying something.

All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. While I may not have the reach or impact of other “Professional Bloggers” I refuse to do nothing.

SWalker on January 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Dire Straits on January 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Evening Dire! Big storms on the weather map. Will they adversely affect you?

Bmore on January 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Axe on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Nicely done Axe!

KCB on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

canopfor on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

You need to check out the “totty” site..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

You see, Scrumpy? This is what happens when Axe starts thinking. ;-)

tommy71 on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

canopfor on January 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Good evening..:)

PS..Hope you and your family are doing well..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Dire Straits:A-1,and to yours as well!:)

canopfor on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

katy the mean old lady on January 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

katy, thank you for the wonderful laugh today. Your wit is as good as ever seen. ; )

Bmore on January 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

“Yes, I mentioned that to President Romney” ?…That one?
…I hade to use wipes!

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Axe on January 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I understand… and for what it’s worth to you… I agree with you regarding the media.

However, ALL adults must take personal responsibility. They must be self reliant and not expect any single source or compilation of sources to hand them all of the relevant or important information. It’s their job to make the effort to stay informed. Just as you make the effort to be well informed, and to put the effort into actually thinking about issues and events that are difficult to embrace or analyze.

You can only do as much as you can. No one can ask any one of us, or all of us collectively, to do any more than our best, but we can ask every one to take responsibility for themselves, and to do their best.

thatsafactjack on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM

It’s midnight, Detroit!

Rusty Allen on January 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Axe on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Well done, indeed, Axefellow! :)

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM

; ). Evening Kool! I think her timing is impeccable.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I almost fell in the bathtub.

Rusty Allen on January 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Rusty Allen:

Be careful,we don’t want you to pull a HilRod BumpaRoo!:)

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Bluegill hates me. I try so hard. But no luck.

Rusty Allen on January 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

MarshFox on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Evening MarshFox, nice area for farming up that way.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

ACT NOW!!!!

Resist We Much on January 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM

lol — omg don’t let me ever piss you off

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Indeed, double vision could lead to going home with Bill.

Rusty Allen on January 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

canopfor on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

My family is fine..Thanks for asking..:)

Dire Straits on January 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

They need to recognize English as the official language of The United States.

SouthernGent on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

A Gush of Words by Raymond A. Foss

Metaphors, images, concepts, pictures
thoughts welled up
spilled over
washed over me
from her words
his words
From the pulpit,
His table
In prayer
and in blessing
A cascade of ideas,
ideas to communicate the feelings
the sense of urgency
the covenant
the unity
the communion of creation
our place in the web
fealty to our cousins,
the earth, our brothers
the birds, our extended family
coral reefs, jellyfish
the rocks
A single being
Creation

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Rusty, use a helmet. Gotta protect the head. Especially if bluegill is around. ;-)

tommy71 on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

P.S. MarshFox, best cantaloupes in the world! Or marsh mellons if you prefer.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

IOWA MAP,under the ahem,gun!

D_avitable Danielle Avitable 2h
Lillo’s lost half it’s roof and received internal damage from the storm. Fire officials saying it’s from a tornado pic.twitter.com/HL01lWuW

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Rusty Allen on January 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Wear it as a badge of honor.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

; ). Evening Kool! I think her timing is impeccable.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

…Always!…

KOOLAID2 on January 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Bluegill hates me. I try so hard. But no luck.

Rusty Allen on January 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Keep trying. Don’t give up on her. She will be quite the catch once you land her!

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

SWalker

Gotta go back to lurking but before I go, you got it right, no checks and no registration, period. They are so stupid, do they think that they will stay the tyrant forever, what happens if a right wing tyrant comes, could happen, ok, maybe not but you get my point, you would anyway preaching to the choir. There are other threats out there as well, guess they just want us too roll up under who ever no matter what because they believe even with an outside tyrant they will be immune. Not likely. No, Father, I bow to no man, and I will resist until I reach the halls of Valhalla where I will sit at the great council fire with those who have gone before me!

MarshFox on January 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Looks fierce on the map.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM

LIVE STREAMING ON AIR:

Johnny Kelly ‏@stormchaser4850

Live severe weather coverage from the Memphis, TN area: WREG-TV http://bit.ly/J1i40Z

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Be nice to Rusty KCB, Lol!

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Bluegill hates me. I try so hard. But no luck.

Rusty Allen on January 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

…well then!…(I already asked on this pages Bishop)…who tripped you in the bathtup?

KOOLAID2 on January 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Touche:)

*poof*

MarshFox on January 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM

You see, Scrumpy? This is what happens when Axe starts thinking. ;-)

tommy71 on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

:) Cut that out or I’ll turn you into a moon bean and show you to Spark.

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Every Day I Have The Blues – Clapton

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Been talking to you forever. Call me Ken.

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM

who tripped you in the bathtup?

KOOLAID2 on January 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Gravity

SWalker on January 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM

lol

tommy71 on January 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Good Night MarshFox, Sleep Well.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i like the way you are keeping the place nice…

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

tommy71 on January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Yeah, and I like the way he thinks, makes me think!

You guys here are my best conversations I have all day!

I hate to miss even 1 QOTD!

This time of night is like being with family {hugs}

I mean that :-)

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM

But I like KCB, it took me a long time to get it right. lol! ; )

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Good Night Keeper of the Flame, Marshfox!!

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Vertigo

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Looks fierce on the map.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Bmore:Heres another good map:)
===============================

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Either way, as you wish my friend!

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM

A certain dude: Fight, my friends, fight with me.

tommy71 on January 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

MarshFox on January 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Ug. It breaks my heart! :) So rich and wide and deep! Any writer could write all day! Any wanna be could! Hell, I could!

You gotta do what you gotta do, but . . . tragedy. I can’t imagine what Mrs. MarshFox (not her real name) must feel.

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I hesitate to mention this to my fellow commenters, but I think that where MarshFox is… he’s in the early afternoon and in the midst of his shift. :)

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Sorry, I had to step out and shred some files and then file some shreds.

You won’t find me tied up with any darn Union.

SparkPlug on January 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Question – is grahamnesty going to be primaries next year? If so, by whom?

karenhasfreedom on January 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

All that nasty weather passed over here during the day with very warm temps and high humidity…

I feel for those who are now in danger.

I hope they heed the warnings!

God watch out for them all Amen…

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Isn’t it the Scouts who coined the phrase, “Be prepared.” That and sleep one eye open.

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

This time of night is like being with family {hugs}

I mean that :-)

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Scrumpy:Back at ya,you get two cookies at the Mess Hall:)

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Ken and Jackie as always wonderful musical interludes!!

Thanks both :-)

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Amen

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Must be around 4pm at MarshFox place. Possibly.

tommy71 on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

lol — omg don’t let me ever piss you off

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Among other farcical things, the dude claims to be a RETIRED FLEET ADMIRAL. The last Fleet Admiral was Chester Nimitz and HE DIED IN 1966!!!

The dude is Comedy Gold.

Resist We Much on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Ooops, sleep with one eye open

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

That he is…

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Resist We Much on January 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Evening RWM, how was the hunting today?

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM

i like the way you are keeping the place nice…

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

The Moon Goddess does that. :)

. . . I just . . . try to remember to wear pants outside.

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM

More Eagles

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Out of curiosity, how many of you have heard of Common Core?

If you’ve heard of it, what do you know about it?

These aren’t trick questions. I sincerely want to know.

INC on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Huge Thanks:

To RWM for her comedy gold!!

To Bmore for linkys!

To canopfor also for linkys!!

To SW for tunes!!

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Oh sh*t,here I have had my eyes glued to the Weather ordeal,this popped up…..

FBI raids Florida office of doctor linked to New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez – @miamiherald

12 mins ago from http://www.miamiherald.com by editor
==================================================

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM

. . . I just . . . try to remember to wear pants outside.

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Thread winner?? I’d probably vote for it.

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM

INC on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Hiya! Sorry never heard of it…

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Sloe Gin – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

INC, I’ve never heard of it.

tommy71 on January 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM

That POS is ass deep in so much sh!t!! Dems will elect anything!

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

First song of his that turned me on to him!

wonderful!

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Leaving?

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Sloe Gin – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Sigh, was a time back in my misspent youth, when that was my drink of choice… Don’t think I’ve had any in at least 15 years.

SWalker on January 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I recall you mentioning that one evening. :) It’s an excellent tune.

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Did Rusty pass out in the bathtub?

tommy71 on January 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM

These aren’t trick questions.

INC on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Not falling for that again!

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM

SWalker on January 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Blackthorn. :)

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Question – is grahamnesty going to be primaries next year? If so, by whom?

karenhasfreedom on January 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

According to Wiki it looks like he’s up for reelection next year. I don’t know by whom.

INC on January 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM

karenhasfreedom on January 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Karen:

Here is my response to you from the Kerry thread (I think this an important topic that should be discussed, hence the cut and paste):

First I agree with alot of what you say.

However we all knew this disgrace Kerry was going to be confirmed. Especially with more than enough RINO’s like Grahamnesty, McLame, and McConnell to go along with it.

So knowing that kerry would be confirmed, why did the real so called conservatives like Rand Paul have to vote yes?? Why not even make a principled or symbolic protest type of vote?

Especially when Paul got alot of credit for the tough questions of Kerry last week. I’m sure many will remember or give Paul props for doing so and forget that he actually vote yes. So it helps his presidentail ambitions but shows us he can be a fraud just like the others.

Beck was sucking up to Paul on his show last week. I wish he’d call him out for this.

LevinFan on January 30, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Entirely possible. I haven’t seen him post in 20 min. or so.

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Hey, Scrumpy!

Thanks, tommy71.

Axe, my name’s not Bishop!

INC on January 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM

No Ken not yet!

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM

canopfor, we have these things called widgets on macs. press F 12 and they pop up. Do you have these on P.C.’s?

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM

No Ken not yet!

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM

:-)

KCB on January 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Huge Thanks:

To RWM for her comedy gold!!

To Bmore for linkys!

To canopfor also for linkys!!

To SW for tunes!!

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Scrumpy:Your too kind Scrump:)

canopfor on January 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Evening RWM, how was the hunting today?

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Score x 2!

Of course, I was hunting in a baited Proggie field. lol

Resist We Much on January 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Axe, my name’s not Bishop!

INC on January 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Yeah, well, that’s exactly what Bishop would say.

Axe on January 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Not exactly true. You can make a semi-auto act like full auto like this . However, it is just that, acting like full auto. Fun but probably not very useful You can do the same thing with a string.

AZfederalist on January 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Or a fast finger … or fast hands – Bob Munden was fast enough to shoot two shots on a single action revolver that couldn’t be heard as separate shots. I guess Feinstein will be going after single action revolvers, too. And we all know from the Bible the damage that can be done with a simple slingshot … We might as well just lock everyone up – just to be safe :)

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Lest we forget, takes time to find songs and linkys to interesting stuff!!

You are so welcome :-)

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Scrumpy on January 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I’m telling you the stuff writes itself.

Resist We Much on January 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Stop – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on January 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

tommy71 on January 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM

tommy71, did you see that alt returned no worse for the wear?

Bmore on January 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM