Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 61 62 63 64 65 120

…OP!…you said you were relieved that the re-fi came through on the house…and it was such a relief…and gave several ‘until’ scenarios…and one of them…was your health…
just from the months we have been down here…and reading what you have been doing…and your whole attitude…I think your health is improving!…you may not see it…but when it comes slow…d a y by d a y…you may not notice it…but your whole cosmology is indicating that to me!…keep on trucking buddy!
Fallon…I have a bunch of “Trumpet Vines” that I started growing to creep up the bark on a dying tree in the back yard 15 years ago…and had it trimmed to about 30 feet high where only the thick branches where left…it now looks like a solid tree of trumpet vines…you should see the humming birds going in and out of those orange blossoms!…I had a mom, dad and a baby all at once…it freaked me out!…I started a whole fence of them out in front…they really attract the hummingbirds!…problem is…the vines start showing up in the lawn and 40 feet away else where!…it’s a job to keep them away where you don’t want them…but it is wroth the amount of hummingbirds I get…you would think there are bee-hives of them around on certain days.

KOOLAID2 on August 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM

O V E R!
W T Heck!

KOOLAID2 on August 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM

…I was looking at so many links and comments on the last page…didn’t realize how quick we were going… we already juiced through 62!

KOOLAID2 on August 24, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Surprise and congrats, Koolaid Man!!! lol

Again, I am caught ill prepared. Um, I’ve got some crackers and a few light beers. This will have to do on such short notice. But tomorrow, I will try to recreate the watermelon bbq ribs from my contrarian cook days.

Woooooot! Woooooot! Kool does it, again!

Fallon on August 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Sarah was all fired up last night on Greta!!!

bluefox on August 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

…saw that!…the lady pulls no punches!

KOOLAID2 on August 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Congrats, again, Kool…

Gohawgs on August 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

and the thread goes on.

renalin on August 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I will say that many of us have a book inside tho. I’ve often thot of writing mine, but then think, who would believe it? LOL I have witnesses tho as I’m sure you do:-)

bluefox on August 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I would believe it and likely read it cover to cover in one sitting. You’re an extremely bright, gifted and compassionate woman. I know you’ve earned that compassion. If I might encourage you to share your stories – I’m sure you’d help a great many people and make God so very proud!

Can’t wait to hear the relevant scriptures. Again, not my area of expertise. From my childhood exposure, I can only say that the love parable – for me – was and is the most important of all. . .

. . . Until I hear what you have to say :)

Opinionator on August 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM

KOOLAID2 on August 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM

First, congrats on another very smooth turn :) Are things accelerating around here? Whoosh. .

Can’t wait for Fallon’s ribs :)

Thanks for your dear, dear encouragement. Almost two years ago – this week – I had a stroke in which I couldn’t move a finger or toe on one side. My brain wasn’t impacted – although sometimes I wish I hadn’t experienced it in living color. Of course it’s been a slog and I basically decided I wasn’t going to be paralyzed for the next 30 years (I was only 57). No therapy existed except my own. I’ve worked hard.

When I met you guys here in the Gulch, I was just starting to be able to type a bit better. Still not stellar in that regard. Only Gohawgs had I known from long ago. . . truly a great guy!

At that point (end of January) I was still in survival mode on all fronts. Mortgage processing co. number one had illegally denied my HAMP app. twice over a year period. I had been dealing with the federal regulators to force compliance for several months. When it was clear I was going to win they sold my note. No recourse existed except to file for HAMP a third time with the new co. – another grueling 50 pages of crap. Wonder of wonders they approved it but then followed several months of trial payments and other ridiculous federal requirements.

It has taken six months to get through all that and receive a signed contract and reduced payments – which was solidified only yesterday. Trust me, an additional $600 a month on disability means a very great deal.

Basically, I’ve been in extreme survival mode for some time now on all levels. I’m hobbling along but certainly couldn’t resume my prior business – or anything else which requires standing, using my hand and arm, blah blah.

At this point that only leaves my brain for a possible source of future income. [I'm not giving up, ever!] But God has just offered up some possibilities even given my current status – which is, quite frankly, a miracle.

So yes I’m doing better. No. I can honestly say life is quite wonderful at this point – full of hope and. .

I’m sorry to have caused y’all to experience this particular rabbit hole but I can tell you this. I will be forever grateful for your support and laughter in this chapter of life – and hopefully I’ll be in a ‘better mood’ going forward :)

You all mean the world to me!

I will never, ever forget. Neither will God – for all you’ve done to help me through. May his blessings shower you. . .

And yes, renalin, our (heart)beat goes on :)

Sweet dreams!

Opinionator on August 25, 2013 at 3:32 AM

It’s 2:00 a.m. I’ve been reading. .

Headed to bed. Here’s a most beautiful song by a most beautiful singer. .
It’s been rolling around in my head all day/yesterday.

I’m sure you guys know it: Breath of Heaven (Mary’s Song) by Amy Grant.

If I might just borrow the refrain. . .

Sleep tight.

Opinionator on August 25, 2013 at 5:14 AM

and the thread goes on.

renalin on August 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

blueballs mentioned that she has been missing you on the morning threads up top!…don’t you feel special?
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

You know who never comes here in the morning anymore… Renalin.

bluegill on August 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

…(in case you think…I’m telling you an Obama!)

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Kudos, Koolfellow. Another page on the books. Keep it up and we’ll be asking after Guinness, which isn’t a bad idea even absent a singular event.

wolfsDad on August 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

wolfsDad on August 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

…I’ve been going back to the election threads from Hot Air since those usually had the most comments…can’t find one this long…what is the longest one?

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Trumpet vines, I love them. I’ll just have to find a place to plant one somewhere in the open space across from my house, lol. I do think one would take over too much of my yard.

Ribs are in the oven. Hubby’s not here so I’m not grilling them. The watermelon slush is reducing in preparation for the BBQ sauce. I picked some corn from daughter’s garden. Strike that, I picked all five cobs of corn from her garden, lol. Hey, it’s her first garden but she’s willing to share. Her tomatoes are still producing lots of fruit. Hopefully, we’ll make sauce again soon.

I have to admit I checked in this morning and shed a few tears listening to OP’s musical selection. I had forgotten how pretty Amy Grant’s voice is…

But, now, driving into the sun while a bit stressed, I’ve triggered a headache. It’ll eventually go away. They always do.

The bright side? The ribs are starting to smell really good. Did anyone remember to get napkins?

Fallon on August 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Ok, Gulcher Mr. Kool has been speeding again!! Lucky for you we don’t have a speed limit here:-) We should keep track of the page “overs”

Now I’ve got to go back to 62 since I’ve lost track of where I left off, LOL

bluefox on August 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Fallon on August 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Glad you were able to get the info you needed for your Dad.

Those R wimps not defending Sarah make me sick. We were able to see them for what they are. I miss Breitbart as many do. Cruz, Lee and Paul are doing a pretty good job tho, just not what Andrew was able to do. He was “outside the box”:-)

bluefox on August 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

This one has to be the record. I don’t recall ever seeing one like this.

Not sure but I think maybe an election thread had perhaps at the most 25? Will try to check when I have some time.

We could probably have a good guess at the number of comments on a thread and compare to this one.

bluefox on August 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I went into see my mom this morning and deliver some clothes to her. I wrapped her baby doll up in a blanket and snuggled it into her shoulder. She laughed and then smiled at me and proceeded to fall asleep snuggling the baby in tight. It is what it is…Fallon on August 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM

What a loving touch Fallon.

bluefox on August 25, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Opinionator on August 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Thanks for your confidence OP:-) Not sure if I have all those qualities you kindly expressed. I think as we go thru life and face difficulties and struggle, we learn to overcome and are stronger for it. We can look back and remember as teenagers it was all about us!! LOL The world revolved around us, or so we thot:-)

Amy Grant is so talented. I’ve always liked this one:

About a week or so ago on Hannity’s radio show, he interviewed her.
And then he played this song of hers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYUmQduBPjg

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Opinionator on August 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Just to let you know, I use the KJV:-) Sometimes when I’m reading something that is written or spoken, it reminds me of a certain Scripture. In person I relate it, but not too much on a blog:-) These are a couple that came to mind while reading your comments.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

You will have to be the judge of whether they may address what you wrote or even was thinking, but not expressed:-)

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Coffee’s on!

Gooooood Morning, Gulchers!

Day 2 of headache. I think I’m going to lie low today. There are just a few ribs leftover from last night. The watermelon bbq sauce is such a weird change of pace from traditional bbq…

In a bout of “crazy grandma”, I bought granddaughter a little ukulele. I know, ri-i-I-I-I-ight. It’s pink. It’s sooo cute. I’m feeling a bit like an overindulgent nana, so I will put it away for Christmas. I don’t know what got into me. LOL

Fallon on August 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM

The Palin family is enjoying this horse and its winning ways:

Congratulations to Dance to Bristol for winning the Ballerina Stakes today! This amazing horse is on a great winning streak. It’s wonderful to have something more fun to write about at a time when so many troubling things are in the news…

But in the meantime, here are some articles about Dance to Bristol:

Dance to Bristol wins Ballerina Stakes

Fallon on August 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Fallon on August 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM

BBQ ribs for lunch sounds good:-) I’m sure the little one will love that ukulele. You may have a musician in the family:-)

Hope your headache goes away. Maybe you’ve been doing too much. I get a headache if I wait too long between meals.

Grocery shopping for me today & checking in with my sis on upcoming neighborhood garage sale. Thinking about taking some things over that I don’t need anymore. It’s amazing how many items
we’ve collected over the years:-)

Enjoy your day!

P.S. OP and I were chit-chatting quite a bit huh? LOL

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Fallon on August 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I don’t follow horse racing, but that was impressive. I agree the Palin’s were loving that name:-)

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Just to let you know, I use the KJV:-)

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Seconded. My childhood curiosity as to how ‘divers’ plied their trade before scuba equipment notwithstanding. Of course, as an old school sort, my preference is for the the Federalist Papers over the ‘translations’.

wolfsDad on August 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

wolfsDad on August 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I would say the divers went about their work very quickly:-)

Agree on the Federalist Papers; not that I have read them all tho.
However, when it comes to History the older the better imo.

I’ve collected a few old books over the years and enjoy the autobiographies the best. Right now I’m reading a 1944 copyright, 7th edition of Walkin’ Preacher of the Ozarks by Guy Howard. Very interesting. I think the setting is around 1930 or so. How times have changed!!

Also, have a full set of The World Book Encyclopedia, 1944 edition. I’ve been known just to read a book or two:-) Boring, I’m sure for some, but informative to me, LOL

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Boring, I’m sure for some, but informative to me, LOL

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

The sales figures and book-signing crowds for Levin’s latest don’t support the concept of reading as boring.

The 1944 World Book! How cool is that? From the people who brought us the heroes of D-Day, no less.

wolfsDad on August 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM

wolfsDad on August 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM

From what I hear, he’s had great turnout at his booksigning events.
I preordered it in July and received it a few days after it was released.

Believe it or not, I bought that World Book set for 5.00 at a Rummage sale more than 10 years or more ago. I have a Compton’s set that was given me for helping someone move, but am missing 4 volumes. It’s a 1949 edition.

I really enjoy reading:-)

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

bluefox on August 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

One of my favorite sets of books is the 1961 Childcraft series. I loved the poetry and folk tales. I read them as a child and then to my children. My daughter found a set at a flea market, so now, my granddaughter will hear the same stories.

I used to sit and read the World Book Encyclopedias, too. Kids probably have very limited knowledge of these resources today. Sad.

Coffee’s on! It’s going to be a hot one here today. How ’bout some iced tea, too.

Busy day. Granddaughter is over. Bathroom is still not finished. A screw up with the hardware and no info about the shower door, yet. Unbelievable.

This Labor Day may prove to be very interesting. I’ll fill you in later… Carry on.

Fallon on August 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Someone has decided to act right and straighten up. My wish is this course correction can be a permanent one.

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Alexandria, VA — Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin signed the official petition to defund Obamacare Tuesday and made the following statement:

Excerpts: Today, Todd and I joined with many of our fellow citizens to urge those in the U.S. Senate to not fund Obamacare.

Join us in urging Senators — Don’t Fund Obamacare! Just remember – if you fund it, you own it!

Senators Mike Lee & Ted Cruz expressed their gratitude to Sarah.

P.S. I heard there is a large protest by Tea Parties and others in
Boehner’s District 8 in Ohio today. They are calling Obamacare now
BoehnerCare.

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Not likely as she swims in her own excrement

Gohawgs on August 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM

OP,

NO road trip to your neck of the woods this year as my worthless and weak buddy backed out…I do, however, plan to fly into Spokane (probably in Oct) and will be riding with another friend on I-90 from GEG to St. Regis and then on to Columbia Falls , MT. If the flight time and travel times permit maybe I’ll be close enogh to stop and say hello…

Gohawgs on August 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM

They are calling Obamacare now
BoehnerCare.

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

And why not? He’s funded it with CR after CR after CR these past 2.5 years…

Gohawgs on August 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

After what the person has done for more than 2 years, it’s too little too late for me. A wolf is still a wolf even when wearing sheep clothing.

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

And why not? He’s funded it with CR after CR after CR these past 2.5 years…

Gohawgs on August 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Yep, a traitor is still a traitor.

I checked some Ohio papers and didn’t find a mention of it, even on the Dayton, Ohio paper.

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Fallon on August 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I did enjoy the coffee:-) Thot I was among the few reading encyclopedia books, LOL

Kids today are being so cheated in school, unless the parents have good books at home. If I had school age children, they would NOT be in public schools or College for that matter!

Can’t believe you’re having so much trouble with your home repairs etc. I hope if the workers can finally complete the work, they give you a nice discount. Or pay you, LOL

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Agreed. It was just an observation. My course remains unchanged.

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Agreed. It was just an observation. My course remains unchanged.

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I noticed it too, but without so much as an apology or stated regret by this person for such hateful attacks it doesn’t sound genuine. You and others if even a minor misunderstanding is made always apologize. That’s how I look at it.

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM

@OP I am reading a book and came upon this passage by the author and immediately thot of you. It would be applicable to anyone going thru difficulties of life tho.

“It has been my experience in life that always, when the skies are overcast, when trials are heavy and we feel we have almost reached the end of the road, somehow, without effort or anticipation by us, something happens to relieve the situation. I know this is God’s mercy and loving parenthood.”

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM

A wolf is still a wolf even when wearing sheep clothing.

Didn’t see that coming.

wolfsDad on August 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM

wolfsDad on August 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM

…it took me a while…but I love the guy!
regarding the stench…I have to give it some time…JugEars knows how to say the right things too!…sometimes…

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Didn’t see that coming.

wolfsDad on August 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM

:-) Am I too outspoken?

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I think Levin has to grow on a person. He does much to support our Constitution & Liberty behind the scenes.

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

…I’m looking…I’m not finding!…

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I think Levin has to grow on a person….

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

…well!…you took NO TIME to grow on me!…he took awhile!

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM

…well!…you took NO TIME to grow on me!…he took awhile!

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM

You and Sparky keep us smiling!! So much going on that it’s hard to keep up!!

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Am I too outspoken?

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Not a chance. You weren’t referring to mine, after all.

…it took me a while…but I love the guy!

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

As it happens, the ‘cuda released a photo of herself (in camo) with the caption:

I’m just waiting for the guys to finish loading up gear, so I’m using the “wait time” to finish reading Mark Levin’s great new book “The Liberty Amendments.” It offers a real solution and way forward to restoring our republic. Please get this book, read it, and let’s make it happen!

- Sarah Palin

wolfsDad on August 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM

wolfsDad on August 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM

(:->)
…she’s so ‘yesterday’…isn’t she?

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Am I too outspoken?

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Not a chance. You weren’t referring to mine, after all.

Oh MY! NOW I get what you are saying, ROFL No, I certainly wasn’t referring to you:-)

I was having one of my blonde moments!!

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I was having one of my blonde moments!!

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Are you a blonde bluefox?

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM

bluefox on August 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Are you a blonde bluefox?

Bmore on August 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM

As a matter of fact, I am:-)

bluefox on August 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM

No one has responded to my last post from a couple of days ago, including Mr. Kool who evoked it.

Not that you’re required to.

Interesting. So. Um.

Well. The rain came in my bedroom two nights ago so I had to sleep on the couch to escape.

Sending love.

Bluefox. Thanks for the scriptural references, which were awesome and on point. My conversation with God has nothing to do with all that. . .

My paralysis is not my first rodeo. When I say I’ve earned my wings I truly do mean it.

God knows.

Opinionator on August 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I sit corrected.

My last post was responded to by Fallon……………….sweet one.

It concerned ‘Breath of Heaven’. She and Blufox both appreciated Amy Grant – as we all should.

Maybe I’ll get the sheet music and try to play it for my first time out. . . it’s slow:)

Would be lovely if I could do it!

Opinionator on August 28, 2013 at 3:09 AM

bluefox on August 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Has always been my weak spot. ; )

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Just so you all know Sow got banned. Here. He went very quietly. Lolz!

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Couldn’t help sharing relating:

Ford Introduces First Bacon-Wrapped Car, Satisfying Even the Most Insatiable Appetite
1 hours 51 minutes ago – DJNF

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ —
– Ford gives “breakfast to go” a whole new meaning by wrapping a 2014 Ford
Fiesta in bacon to mark International Bacon Day Aug. 31

– Ford Fiesta drivers can now buy bacon wraps for their ride to fully express their personality and commitment to pork’s crowning
jewel

Nothing but love, OP, our Formidable One. Hope Gohawgs does manage a visit. The evolution of your relationship with KA2 has been something to behold, and a major subplot of the chronicles of the Gulch.

Sorry, Bmore, but who’s Sow?

wolfsDad on August 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Sorry, Bmore, but who’s Sow?

wolfsDad on August 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I agree. Amazing grace.

I believe Sow’s name begins with Capitalist. We’ll offer up a prayer for him. :)

Op, I do want you to know I try to read everything here. I have been very distracted lately on many fronts so I have frequently reduced my postings to…

Coffee’s on! Just to let all y’all (learnt that in Tejas) know I’ve been here.

OP, I hope your winning streak continues. I am teaching my granddaughter to play piano, dance and sing. I should not be doing any of these things since my talents are very limited. I can’t read music, I line dance and, while I am not completely tone-deaf, I need a bucket to carry a tune, lol. But, we have fun. I really wish I could competently play an instrument other than tambourine.

Just a little jealousy here of bluefox, too. I was born blonde but seemed to outgrow it around fifth grade. Read into that what you will, lol. Redheads are treasured in my family, too. INC, if you’re out there. We miss you and hope you are doing well. How’s that for a segue?

I signed up for a pickling class tonight. I told my hubby not to worry if I come home a bit pickled tonight, lol. Don’t be surprised if there are pickles on the table tomorrow morning with the coffee. What? Yeah, you’re right, that sounds like a terrible pairing. Maybe, for lunch?

Fallon on August 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Sorry, Bmore, but who’s Sow?

wolfsDad on August 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I made a deal with Ed not to mention or use the names of the banned. ; ) Click the above link and look at the comment directly above Eds.

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Fallon on August 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I love pickles and redheads as well. ; ) My Mother in law does the finest job with putting up beets I have ever seen. Yum!

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM

wolfsDad on August 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Thanks, wolfsDad. Love back to you. You are our erudite one as I’ve noted before.

It seemed Mr. Kool might have been a bit unclear on the nature of my injuries. . . so I somewhat painfully laid it out, heh. I realize he means the best. Heck, my millionaire siblings were trying to manage every facet of my financial life (and get me out of my house) until I pointed out that I wasn’t brain dead – and ETC. Of course, none of them ever came here to see me to truly know my status. Blah, blah. It is common for people to think you’re drooling if you have a stroke. Many different types of injuries result. .

I look at Mr. Kool as my big brother protector now. In the early days I was doing my damndest to prevent trolls and watchful eyes from following us here. We see how well that worked out lol. But we also now know how watchful those eyes actually are in reality.

Love that bacon story in Dearborn! Hehehe

Gohawgs – love it that you will passing through! Please let me know (when you know, heh), and I could recommend a place to meet. That way we won’t have to divulge any personal information. But please know you guys are most welcome to stay overnight if you have the time. . . and I’d love to cook for you! P.S. – The mudspitter was hilarious!!!

More later. . .

Giving Fallon a break and making coffee.

Opinionator on August 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Fallon on August 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

It seems we have a lot of coffee this morning haha. Thanks, Fallon, for all that. I threw in the rain in my bedroom comment last night to show that I’m not exactly swimming in luck – although I well may be soon heh – but I was able to take it a bit more in stride even as it was happening.

I swear to you I have pickling liquid on the stove to make sort of instant garlic pickles as we speak! How wild is that?

Love it that you’re exposing grandbaby to all those wonders and joys of life!

Saying a big prayer for you and your hubby – that the dang bathroom will be finished properly and soon – and that you’ll be able to get those people out of your home forever :)

Opinionator on August 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Sorry, Bmore, but who’s Sow?

wolfsDad on August 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

…I call him Socialist Fog !
.sorry Op…been tied up getting the kids off to school and started a job 40 miles closer to home…and fighting to get going…so I am a little pressed for time…only get on her at night now.

KOOLAID2 on August 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM

…I call called him Socialist Fog !

KOOLAID2 on August 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM

…thanks for the correction!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on August 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Its what friends are for. ; ) Be on the lookout for Karmi or kaltes. May be socks. Batcrap crazy the both of em.

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Busy day.

@Bmore & Mr. Kool Check this out. It’s the worst I’ve seen from this poster.

Thanks

GWB on August 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

bluefox on August 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM

bluefox on August 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Definitely trolling. The rape thread as well. His blog is very pro Palin anti 0 and such. Then I spotted this little gem.

UPDATE: Baring any setback before closing, it looks like I will be staying in Florida – Dixie County, Florida – north of Old Town, and .7-miles from the Suwannee River’s Turner Point Landing boat ramp. Great location, i.e. its private and the area is ideal for poaching manatee – with Manatee Springs State Park nearby. Manatees are another one of the Government’s “protected species,” so poaching is best done under the cover of darkness. I will be able to leave at sunset, harpoon a manatee or two, and be back at the skinning-shed long before sunrise. My new 16’ harpoon should arrive this week:
harpoon

Well, actually remote land shopping, since I will be building the ‘HUT’. Just sold my property in Florida and will close on it around 8 May ’09. Lots of work packing then moving stuff to storage, and looking for property at the same time … hoping to end up around the Okefenokee Swamp, probably around Fargo, Georgia.

You know I may get banned taking this one down. So, if I do, I’ll be back. You all will recognize me. You are my friends. ; )

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Oh bluefox, my mistake you were talking about mnjg. Lolz! He is always like that. Lolz! ; )

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM

When he’s being trolled. ; )

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM

bluefox on August 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM

…well…mnjg… was precisely correct!

KOOLAID2 on August 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Of all the commenters at this site, the gilled one had one jump in the boat with her Kool. Funny.

Bmore on August 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Of course could be her sock?

Bmore on August 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Fallon on August 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Piano, Blondes, Redheads and Pickles!! You lead an interesting life Fallon:-)

We had one redhead show up in our family and eveyone said ? Turns out another family member remembered the mother had reddish hair when born, LOL The mother wasn’t even aware of that…so funny.

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I just read enough of that rape thread and agree. Wow, what a pair. Noticed Karmi never did answer you on his blog post you revealed. You busted him, that’s why..good job Bmore!!

As you know, many trolls etc if given enough rope, take themselves down.

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Bmore on August 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM

bluefox on August 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM

…well…mnjg… was precisely correct!

KOOLAID2 on August 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Whether the opinions expressed by mnjg were correct or incorrect was not my point. It was the f words toward other HA commenters that disagreed with mnjg’s comments that were made. Even on the rape thread, no one used that kind of vulgar insulting language towards others.

It wasn’t just one time either. That’s why GWB listed them.

Even the ‘gill hasn’t sunk to those low hateful depths.

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Bmore on August 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

That was funny, LOL I haven’t read that thread but I don’t think TeaParty is a moby. TeaParty is either a troll, Obot or a Dem. So therefore I disagree with the ‘gill..yet again:-)

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Even the ‘gill hasn’t sunk to those low hateful depths.

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Morning Gulchers!

I may have sunk to depths so low, I eff the One now quite a bit…
but like that saying, eff him :)

My bad, I am not in a mood to pu$$yfoot around any more…

Things are turning bad in a hurry, and I can’t do a darn thing about it, makes one feel very helpless…

God Bless our wonderful Gulchers!!

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Got another one. red_herring

Bmore on August 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Scrumpy on August 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Morning Scrumpy:-) Well, you don’t use the f word against other HA commenters that simply disagree with your comments! The bad guys deserve the eff word.

You have class, that mnjg doesn’t. One can be correct politically, but still an Ahole.

I know it all looks bad, but we know the bad guys don’t have the final Word:-)

Cheers!!

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Got another one. red_herring

Bmore on August 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Better than fishing:-)

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Would be lovely if I could do it!

Opinionator on August 28, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Oh, I think you’d enjoy trying that if you play. I took lessons when about 5 years old, but I think all but where middle C is has been forgotten:-)

Rain inside is never good, LOL

Wishing you success on your many endeavors!!

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Rain inside is never good, LOL

Wishing you success on your many endeavors!!

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Thanks, m’dear! Just as I was reading this it started raining lol. If it comes inside this time at least I’m not trying to sleep :) Hopefully it will be fixed before the big Fall rains, so meanwhile, I’m adopting Fallon’s ‘it is what it is’ (what my Dad and I refer to as iiwii) along with my new/at least improved God comfort zone to take it in stride. T’will be fine :)

As for playing the piano, I was never great at it to begin with – taught myself to play. It involved memorizing where notes on the page are to keys on the keyboard. There was a light bulb moment when I realized one flat in a piece of music is always on the same note across all octaves on the bass side – same for sharps on the treble side – and I worked up to multiple flats and sharps reading music from there. I don’t know fingering, timing, etc., just do my own thing. I took two half hour lessons in my 30′s after practicing my approach. I explained ‘my method’ to the teacher and haltingly played the first few pages of Moonlight for him. He gave me Rachmaninoff for my first assignment (!) Even though I was making good money then, I couldn’t see spending $30 a half hour so one more visit and that was it.

I’ve always been a private player so as not to bother others heh, and I’ve resisted trying to play and failing miserably with my ‘bad hand’ because I didn’t want to ruin my love. But I’m close to giving it the old college try :) Breath of Heaven will be my first effort – when it happens. I figure that way I’ll be crying tears of gratitude no matter the result!

Coffee’s on for late morning drinkers. Can’t wait to hear about Fallon’s pickling adventure. I’m gonna finish those garlic pickles today, by gum. Need to chop a few more things and got distracted yesterday. What should have been a 20 min. process total has turned into a two day affair. So much for quick pickles hehe.

Hi Scrumpy :)))

Way to go, all troll slayers :)))

Mr. Kool, you are family. I hope your new job goes very, very well!

Opinionator on August 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM

A note on Syria.

Clearly O will support his Sunni bros no matter the consequences: lost American lives in Benghazi and beyond, the rule of law and Congressional strictures be damned. My disgust and disdain is only exceeded by my hatred for the destruction he metes out daily.

I worry for Israel. .

Today I’m praying for Israel as well as all of us/you.

Opinionator on August 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Breath of Heaven will be my first effort – when it happens. I figure that way I’ll be crying tears of gratitude no matter the result!Opinionator on August 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Good attitude!! You did more learning piano than I did. Of course I was young and wanted to go out to play:-)

Thanks for the coffee. I’ve been changing curtains around, reorganizing that closet, watering the plants etc. So, I’m taking advantage of the coffee and “my” chair:-)

Well, with your garlic pickles and the ones Fallon is making, we’ll have a nice variety for Labor day. Which reminds me I need to see what the family is doing.

Troll slayers, LOL

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary, Todd and Sarah!

A couple of nice pics!

A great open thread also:

How it all started 5 years ago:

Great memories!!

May God continue to bless you Sarah, Todd and your family.

bluefox on August 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Bmore on August 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

…OMG!…I never go to the Headlines…I see she… for the umpteenth time… is giving definitions identifying Moby’s or Trolls.
…I actually agreed on a couple of posts she made lately…maybe different meds or something!…I may give the ‘stench’ a chance…but the smell she created for two years made all the HAIR fall out of my NOSE!…it may take awhile to grow back!
…saw INC up top!
….thanks again for the links bluefox!
Scrumpy ! …FINALLY a POEM! 8/26…I looked for over 20 days…AND MISSED IT!
.Op!…I thought someone came by and temporarily patched your roof!…waking up in the middle of the night to sleep on the couch…is not a patch…was it a band aid?…check with Bmore…next time someone volunteers to ‘patch’…he is one of the handy guys at Hot Air and can probably tell someone what to do…(and I think you had a flat roof)…he could build the whole monstrosity like the Disney Swiss Family Robinson had…by himself!….stay dry!

KOOLAID2 on August 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Guess she didn’t recognize herself in those definitions, LOL

I’m just chillin’ on the Palin site:-)

bluefox on August 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I made myself go to the piano and try – without the music – which I don’t have yet.

OMG.

Tears streaming. It was, quite frankly…………………………………………. wonderful.

I’M COMING BACK.

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 3:12 AM

!!!!!

There are no happy dances which could do this justice.

Wow. I cannot wait to be fully back!

But this will certainly do.

Tears. More thanks than I can express, Dear ONE. I now have MUSIC !!!!!!!!!!

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Sorry to be so self absorbed here.

But you know what, my family?

I’m ECSTATIC!

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Opinionator:

Glad you have renewed your love for music. My parents brought an accordion from a door to door salesmans and i was relegated to taking lessons while others played outside,

Today the accordion sits in our memorabilia room. thankfully silent.

renalin on August 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Of course i do have to mention Sarah’s newest facebook post.
Mr. President, please give America justification before you spend blood and treasure to intervene. Start with: who are you rooting for in this?

somedays i wish she let us know either way. the anticipation is killing me.

renalin on August 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I’M COMING BACK.

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 3:12 AM

……..*whispers*……..(told yah)!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM

renalin on August 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Isn’t it funny how we want what we cannot have – even as kids. I was dying to take piano lessons as a child but that wasn’t possible. Sorry you were ‘forced’; that would be awful, too. Maybe try another instrument that pleases your ear?

For me, the possibility of playing – even if somewhat badly heh – is, yes, to regain my love and also to feel a bit normal. I have a ways to go but progress is good!

I didn’t mean to ‘yell’ at y’all last night. I guess I was trying to see what I’d written through the tears lol.

As for Sarah, I know what you mean. Yesterday when bluefox congratulated her and Todd directly I almost addressed a post to her as well. Sometimes I think she might be with us in her Gulch by namesake. If I had done so, I would have beseeched her to stand up and tell us she’s running now, so this country can rise up to support her and have hope going forward. We sorely need her leadership immediately if not sooner.

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

……..*whispers*……..(told yah)!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Ya did and you were right :)) !!! If I may, I’m calling you Champ from here on out. It fits.

As for the roof, only bandaids were applied (and not at the drain). Obviously work needs to be done around the lip of the drain (where it leaks in the bedroom) and that is part of the bid. It’s weird, though. It rained pretty hard yesterday when I was talking to bluefox yet no water came in as it had the other night. Quirky.

It doesn’t surprise me that Bmore can build anything. I’ve seen pictures. . . He is a Master – Craftsman – Artist all rolled into one.

Thanks, Champ. Love ya.

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Thinking of a Labor Day menu built around pickles. Only about the best thing in the world springs to mind: burgers! I’ll get charcoal and propane today so we can use both Q’s. I may throw some nice cheeses in our smoker. And yes, Fallon, we’re good on paper products hehehe.

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM

……..*whispers*……..(told yah)!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Quite the perspicacious fellow, you are. The first comment on this very page offers ample evidence of your acumen. Proud to know you.

Go OP.

Fallon, Illinois Review has a two-day-old post which includes:

This revelation of Brady’s exploitation of the influence gained from his leadership position should awaken Illinoisans to the danger of electing Bruce Rauner who supports legalized feticide in the first trimester and has publicly stated he will sign into law the same-sex “marriage” bill if, as governor, it should cross his desk.

Haven’t seen any actual statements by Rauner himself, so caution is assessing the situation is recommended.

wolfsDad on August 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Thanks, Champ. Love ya.

Opinionator on August 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM

…I’m no Champ Op…you are…one step at a time!…something like what you just did… motivates you to keep taking those baby steps…when you’re down…we all can tell…that’s when bluefox and Fallon and the others take over !
(;->)