Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 40 41 42 43 44 114

Garym on March 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I got 2 mins into that! Oh yeah, libs heads exploding!! Love it!

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I turned the page!! Woo Hooo!!!

Celebrate!!

Three Dog Night…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Put on fresh coffee (Dunkin) and we have donuts and chocolate chip cookies!

Enjoy!

:-)

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM

And now for somthing completely different!

Right angles are ‘racist’…

This guy is funny…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM

And for those of us following ‘Climategate’ here you go!

It’s breaking… :-)

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Cyprus from another view…

How it’s hitting retired brits!

Teaser:

However, on behalf of 12,000 British pensioners in Cyprus, where the Cypriot government has threatened them with a 6.75% – 9.9% haircut on their savings, not on their weekly income, but on their excess savings – the media is in a furore!

The Government is threatening to stop sending their pension to Cyprus to ‘save it from being stolen by the EU bandits’!!!

The headlines are full of the desperate plight of those poor pensioners…

I love the smell of fresh hypocrisy first thing in the morning.

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM

If you ever wanted to find out everything about music, this is the place to go:

The lists go on and on and on…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

*munch munch sip sip*

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

It’s going to be a nice day here…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

The Mask of Anarchy:

Written on the Occasion of the Massacre at Manchester

By Percy Bysshe Shelley:

Then all cried with one accord,
`Thou art King, and God, and Lord;
Anarchy, to thee we bow,
Be thy name made holy now!’

And Anarchy, the Skeleton,
Bowed and grinned to every one,
As well as if his education
Had cost ten millions to the nation.

For he knew the Palaces
Of our Kings were rightly his;
His the sceptre, crown, and globe,
And the gold-inwoven robe.

So he sent his slaves before
To seize upon the Bank and Tower,
And was proceeding with intent
To meet his pensioned Parliament

When one fled past, a maniac maid,
And her name was Hope, she said:
But she looked more like Despair,
And she cried out in the air:

`My father Time is weak and gray
With waiting for a better day;
See how idiot-like he stands,
Fumbling with his palsied hands!

`He has had child after child,
And the dust of death is piled
Over every one but me–
Misery, oh, Misery!’

Then she lay down in the street,
Right before the horses’ feet,
Expecting, with a patient eye,
Murder, Fraud, and Anarchy.

When between her and her foes
A mist, a light, an image rose,
Small at first, and weak, and frail
Like the vapour of a vale:

Till as clouds grow on the blast,
Like tower-crowned giants striding fast,
And glare with lightnings as they fly,
And speak in thunder to the sky,

It grew — a Shape arrayed in mail
Brighter than the viper’s scale,
And upborne on wings whose grain
Was as the light of sunny rain.

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

*tidying up a bit*

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

It’s kinda lonely here all by myself…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Time flies when one is having fun!

I must away :-(

Take care and God Bless all who venture here in the “Gulch”!!

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

*swoosh*

Forgot somthing lol…

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

*swoosh*

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM

*swoosh*

One for luck!

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM

You go, Scrumpy. As long as the Gulch remains, you’ll never be alone.

wolfsDad on March 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

It’s going to be a nice day here…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Sure is :). Thanks for all the links and the snacks lol.

Here’s my favorite of the day – lifted from the Obama/Satan thread:

#ObamaIsNotSatan

LOL

Is this a great country or what?! :)

Leaving a big tray of corned beef sandwiches for afternoon munchers.

Opinionator on March 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

You go, Scrumpy. As long as the Gulch remains, you’ll never be alone.

wolfsDad on March 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

So true ;) I’m thinking we’re going to need to build a lot more cabins along the ocean/lakes/rivers/streams/brooks to house all our ‘new’ Gulchers.

Opinionator on March 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Forty…. TWO! Yeah!

It’s kinda lonely here all by myself…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Celebrate

Slippin’ away, sittin’ on a pillow
Waitin’ for night to fall
A girl and a dream, sittin’ on a pillow
This is the night to go to the celebrity ball

Satin and lace, isn’t it a pity
Didn’t find time to call
Ready or not, gonna make it to the city
This is the night to go to the celebrity ball

Dress up tonight, why be lonely?
You’ll stay at home and you’ll be alone
So why be lonely?
Sittin’ alone, sittin’ on a pillow
Waitin’ to climb the walls
Maybe tonight, depending how your dream goes
She’ll open her eyes when he goes to the celebrity ball

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music
Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music
Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music

Looks like we’re going to need some formal clothes as well as cabins… We’re having a dance tonight in Scrumpy’s page turning honor! I’ll bring my two dogs, we just need one more, lol. Whoo hooo!

Fallon on March 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

And, this is cute. Maybe, we can submit our own pics tonight:

Liberty Pose

Fallon on March 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Leaving a big tray of corned beef sandwiches for afternoon munchers.

Opinionator on March 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I’m putting some plastic wrap over the rest of them and saving them for tonight. Formal clothing, corned beef sandwiches, cabins, dogs and dancing. No wonder this place is picking up members, lol.

I love it here. I was thinking of going classic tonight but I think in honor of it being a Celebrity Ball, we should all wear bling, too. Guys, you’re in, too. There’s enough cufflinks and tie tacks for everyone.

Fallon on March 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Hey Cultists ;-)

Sarah is back in a poll about… 2016 (chez Fox, no less).

Let’s vote her up in honor of CrazyFish!

BabyGrace on March 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I’ll bring my two dogs, we just need one more, lol. Whoo hooo!

Fallon on March 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

hahahaha

Also, your cabins, poses, swanky dress (nice!), tiaras for all gurls and bling for the boys for tonight are purrrfect. lol I can’t imagine we’ll ever run out of reasons to celebrate around here!

Since I’m in a ‘let’s just build it’ mode, what do you think about a combo art gallery and library and 5 Star Restaurant/snack bar somewhere near the pachyderm roasting arena? We could have a nice replica of bmore’s Lady Liberty standing Mama Griz guard at the door to protect our treasures, including all poses, temporary collections & permanent bmore originals, Fallon’s blog book, Sarah’s new Christmas book, other books, videos and etc. I have a slew of cook books and cooking supplies to feed up to 500 to donate to the cause.

Might as well add a bar where we hold St. Patty’s day mass and other libation celebrations while we’re at it, no??? Heck, yeah.

Let’s vote her up in honor of CrazyFish!

BabyGrace on March 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Absolutely and pleased to meet you!

See y’all tonight with bells and bling on.

Opinionator on March 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I turned the page!! Woo Hooo!!!

Celebrate!!

Three Dog Night…

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM

(:->)

KOOLAID2 on March 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Oh I am soooooooo ready to party!!

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Fallon and Opinionator and babyGrace and KA2 and wolfsDad…

Lets get ready to partaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!

I’ll be back later… ;-)

Scrumpy on March 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Where’s Steebo, anyway?

wolfsDad on March 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM

…pouting?…didn’t turn the page…

KOOLAID2 on March 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

This is the craziest party there could ever be. .

Uncovers the corned beef sandwiches, adds some fresh grilled Reubens, cole slaw and kosher dills.

Clinks all ’round! Everyone looks absolutely stunning!!

Hoping for a big bonfire later.. .

Opinionator on March 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Wow! Everyone looks great. Scrumpy is dancing the night away. Wow!

Opinionator, my dad was a gruff WWII vet and High School principal but Mama Told Me Not to Come was one of his favorite songs. He would always sing along when the song came on the radio. It still makes me smile to remember his exaggerated expressions when he’d sing Open up the window let some air into the room. It was so funny. Wait a minute, that’s what I do here, lol. Thank you for bringing back his memory tonight.

Steebo! Bmore! Bluefox! BabyGrace! There’s a few more missing…

Fallon on March 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM

wow 42 pages … wonder what the record is ….

do you relies there are young folks who do not know what a vinyl record is?

wow

anyway … it is time for bed … just dropped by to say hi folks …
glad I am not in Cyprus right now ….
however I fear it is coming to the US … along with the gov’t seizing
401k’s and IRA’s ….
too much free money there … the gov’t needs to buy votes …

conservative tarheel on March 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM

conservative tarheel on March 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM

So glad you stopped by… Yesterday, for some reason, I thought about the first record album I ever bought. Paul Revere and the Raiders. This one. I had bought 45′s before but this was my first album.

I’m fearing for our savings accounts, too. You know that union pensions are going to go untouched. Grrrr….

Fallon on March 19, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Fallon on March 19, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Agreed.

Iron Butterfly was my first album, if memory serves.

Hope a clip-on is ok. Really have to learn to do a bow tie.

wolfsDad on March 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I love Three Dog Night.

My husband’s been looking up things on The Takings Clause from the Bill of Rights.

“. . . nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation. “

(Amendment V)

From Heritage:

The Takings Clause

Edward Sullivan

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE TAKINGS CLAUSE

INC on March 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Scrumpy,

You need to write on poem on how the Left always makes up things in the Constitution to get what it wants, and ignores things in the Constitution to get what it wants.

INC on March 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM

For instance, here’s the entire 5th Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

The Left loves the due process clause and finds it infinitely malleable.

INC on March 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM

BTW The Heritage Foundation has an online guide to the Constitution that is part of their First Principles project.

The Heritage Guide to the Constitution is intended to provide a brief and accurate explanation of each clause of the Constitution as envisioned by the Framers and as applied in contemporary law. Its particular aim is to provide lawmakers with a means to defend their role and to fulfill their responsibilities in our constitutional order. Yet while the Guide will provide a reliable reference for lawmakers and policy-makers, and be especially useful for the trained jurist, it is written to be explanatory and educational, accessible and helpful for informed citizens and students of the Constitution generally….

In addition to the text of the Constitution itself, and as reflected by extensive references throughout the Guide, we have taken three widely recognized sources to be especially authoritative in this project. First, The Records of the Federal Convention of 1787, the definitive collection of the records and debates of the Constitutional Convention, written by participants of the Convention, including in particular the extensive notes taken by James Madison. Second, The Federalist Papers, the great series of essays written by Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison in 1787 and 1788 to defend the Constitution during the debates over the document’s ratification. And third, Joseph Story’s Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, a classic and substantive work on the meaning of the U.S. Constitution, written in 1833 by one of its best scholars and one of the greatest justices of the Supreme Court.

INC on March 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

INC on March 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Great information, Inc. Thank you. I am working my way through the links.

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Who gave the best speech at CPAC?

Huh.

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Who gave the best speech at CPAC?

Huh.

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

…my wife put it on a CD for me…since I don’t have the high tech stuff in my 5 year old car…I get the chills!
The left hates it!…the detractors hate it!…a speech like that has to make the pubic hairs above the lip of someone like bluegill…fall out!

KOOLAID2 on March 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM

“We stand together because peace must come to the Holy Land,” Obama said. “Even as we are clear eyed about the difficulties, we will never lose sight of the vision of an Israel at peace with its neighbors.”

Anyone else hear or see this? Cleverly worded as if it is Israel’s fault that there is not peace in the Middle East.

If Arabs laid down their arms there would be peace, if Israel laid down their arms there would be no Israel…

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Grrr…

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Oh, coffee‘s on. Sorry so late but worth waiting for… :)

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

INC on March 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Good Morning INC! Political poems are not my forte.

PercyB and Cheshire Cat and VorDaj actually do a wonderful job at that! They don’t write that often tho…

I will tho give it a shot!

Thanks for the great links too! :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fallon: Coffee is great! Thanks lol…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

First Sarah!! yeaaaaaaaaaah!!

Second Dr Carson…

I was torn and voted for Dr Carson…

Both spoke so eloquently…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

great catch. Hotair reported only the top 10 names in their post. they left out the other 13 names and/or group it with the cat “other” which means she beat the following people:

NH Senator Kelly Ayotte
AZ Governor Jan Brewer
KS Governor Sam Brownback
Former IN Governor Mitch Daniels
SC Governor Nikki Haley
OH Governor John Kasich
NM Governor Susana Martinez
VA Governor Bob McDonnell
IN Governor Mike Pence
TX Governor Rick Perry
OH Senator Rob Portman
SC Senator Tim Scott
SD Senator John Thune

So Bluegill is exposed as a liar or a dumbas@ either way it works. but its a straw poll so the results don’t really matter either w3ay but with the additional information seems like Gov Palin is doing well enough in people’s minds since the majority of people think she isn’t runnning for anything atm. also many of the names she beat like Perry and Martinez and MCdonnell are talked about a lot as possible candidates in 2016. I guess it would suck to be a Perry supporter with dreams of 2016. But buck up Perry supporters its only 2013 and its a freaking straw poll so doesn’t really matter much

unseen on March 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM

unseen on March 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

unseen on March 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Worthy of a Paul Harvey ending…

And, now you know the rest of the story.

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM

unseen on March 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

The gilled one is hardly if ever truthful…

I am glad you pointed this out! Not that he/she/it will even notice or acknowledge.

Thank you tho for posting the, as Fallon said, Rest of the Story!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Re: ROVE’s comment

“…if I did run for office and win, I would serve out my term, and I wouldn’t leave office midterm.”

Not according to Rove’s own words in his own book. I would assume rove wrote the book himself and/or signed off on it:

With Gillespie in place, I could leave with confidence that an experienced hand would be on board to handle anything that came up (pg 493-4).

The Plame investigation had exhausted more than my physical reserves. It had also burned through a significant portion of my family’s finances. I’d made sure that no one really knew just how big of a bite my legal tab had taken out of my savings, but I had juggled as long as I could without putting my family’s financial security at risk. More important than money, however, was the toll that my life had taken on my wife and son. I could see more clearly how the press attention, the protesters surrounding our house, the ugly anonymous letters and snarky Internet postings had weighed on them, evening if I’d been able to block most of it out (pg 494).

I felt angry that financial circumstances were forcing me to leave, but I felt grateful the president supported my complicated decision (pg 495).

Karl Rove like Bluegill and other Palinhaters out right liars.

h/t Courage and Consequence: My Life as a Conservative in the Fight [Bargain Price] [Paperback]
Karl Rove
Karl Rove (Author)

unseen on March 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Once again upstairs we have yet another SSM thread.

When is enough enough?

How many different ways can we express ourselves as to our opinions?

They have no right to use the word marriage, civil union yes, for the granting of legal rights under the law same as heterosexual couples have.

That’s it!

I am sure tho that the thread will go on and on and on as all the others have, and the same ol’ stuff being said again and again.

Rience Preibus is a wan*er… and so another wan*er bites the dust.

Rant Off…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM

…Rinsed Peni$…and up to November 6th…I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread …he’s like Karl Rove and Dick Morris to me…burnt toast!

KOOLAID2 on March 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM

We are slowly discovering they are all cut from the damn same cloth!

There is NO discernable difference, they all have a slightly different way of saying the same damn thing…

Pandering Bastages…

A POX on them all…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I had held out some hope, but I guess the all important ‘vote’ means more than what we, who support them, want from them, to follow the damn platform!

If they are not going to live by it, then rewrite it, so at least we know where the frack we all stand!

They are falling one by one to the wayside of socialism/fascism…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Once again upstairs we have yet another SSM thread.

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM

At least it hasn’t gone to the Top Picks side. Yet.

Anyway, hope everyone has seen the vid of the 11 year-old asking the Minnesota legislature which parent doesn’t make the cut?

On the cultural front. Wondered if anyone noticed the Volkswagen ad dialogue. Mediaite did.

wolfsDad on March 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM

wolfsDad on March 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Out of the mouths of babes… Comes such wisdom that the so called adults in the room are stumped…

I have here a must see video of Trey Gowdy going after the ICE director…

I hadn’t noticed a thing on this upstairs… it is worthy a look see!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Hey, everyone!

Fallon on March 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

You’re welcome! Heritage is a literal treasure trove.

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hi Scrumpy! I didn’t know VorDaj wrote poetry. I’m missed that.

INC on March 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Sarah Palin has 50% of the votes at the moment. The other eight split the rest.

INC on March 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM

wolfsDad on March 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I read about the little girl. I thought that was great. MN has been taking lessons from the French. The French have been saying, “the rights of children trump the right
to children.”

INC on March 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM

INC on March 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Yeah on occasion he does, short n sweet n to the point!!

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

The government called its bill “Marriage for All,” so the marriage activists called their movement “The March for All.”

More here:

INC on March 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I will watch for it.

INC on March 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM

For the French site.

INC on March 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM

For Rusty!!

Hi, and welcome!! :-)

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM

INC on March 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Don’t be shy! Post these in QOTD! We need to see it upstairs!!

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Hey

Rusty Allen on March 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I write poetry.

Rusty Allen on March 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Thanks, INC. Very nice work.

wolfsDad on March 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I posted some of the French links last week. I think I’ll wait until the next marriage thread to post them again. It probably won’t be long, you know.

The French are supposed to have another march this Sunday in Paris. I’ll definitely post more then. They’ve been in an uproar over permits. Evidently the administrative tribunal of Paris rejected their request, and they’ve appealed to the Council of State. I imagine they’ll do it one way or another. I think it’s probably why they’ve now put a big black X over the mouth of the woman in their profile photo.

They’ve been holding rallies and posting photographs. They have a boutique as well.

INC on March 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Rusty Allen on March 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Good!

wolfsDad on March 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Glad you like the links. I’ve been fascinated by what’s been going on in France. They’ve cut to the chase with a lot of common sense.

“Un enfant, bien sûr, a besoin d’un papa et d’une maman!”
“A child, of course, needs a dad and a mom!”

I don’t know French, but my daughter does. When Bing doesn’t make sense, I ask her.

INC on March 21, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Meanwhile our DOJ in a brief to SCOTUS has said that having a mother and father is superfluous. Anyone will do. This flies in the face of reality and research.

Our prez has big issues with abandonment. I think his entire tenure has been making us pay for what his mom and dad did to him.

INC on March 21, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Opponents of the marriage for all change of branch [probably s/b route]: their Parisian event on Sunday will follow the avenue de la Grande Armée until place Charles-de-Gaulle Etoile, rather than follow the Champs-Elysées (see map of location). The administrative tribunal indeed rendered its decision Wednesday afternoon, unsurprisingly, confirming the prohibition to scroll on the prestigious avenue.

This decision comes as this Wednesday morning, the commission of the acts of the Senate adopted the Bill on same-sex marriage after his vote by deputies in February. The draft will be considered by the House from April 4.

The tribunal has however agreed to door alternative route Jersey-place Charles-de-Gaulle Etoile via avenue de la Grande Armée, in continuation of the Champs-Elysées. A podium will be installed near the Arc de triomphe. Despite the change of program, the collective hopes to gather more people than on the occasion of the January 13 event, during which the police prefecture had identified 340000 participants.

INC on March 21, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Whether or not you know French, the video is great to watch.

La Manif Pour Tous – Teaser 24 Mars

INC on March 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

INC on March 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I am glad the French are tackling this head on!

Power to the People!!

Thanks so much for posting :-)

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Good morning, Gulchers!

Grandbaby is sleepy today. She just sat on my lap and let me read her, oh… upwards of about twelve books. I’d finish one and she’d say “Book!” So, I’d read another. Then she laid her head down and said “Ni, Ni” so… up for a nap. That was easy. She started walking a few weeks ago so most of her visits have become the dogs and me chasing her around the house, lol. I know, this is sickly sweet and too personal… That’s why I posted it here, lol.

Welcome Rusty!

Shocker! There is another SSM story (Young opponents of gay marriage undaunted by battle ahead) up in the headlines today but it is just about to fall off the front page.

Fallon on March 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Oh this takes the cake!! You will get a good laugh then maybe cry over the wasting of our tax dollars.

Teaser:

“Take the grant that has just been awarded to three Doctors at Yale University. Under the circumstances I think I can refer to them as Quacks.

They’ve been given $384,949.00 under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 that was set up to invest money in the sort of job creation scheme that Ed Balls would like to see the UK undertake. $384,949.00 is a lot of money to feather your academic nest with, and I’m sure the good Doctors won’t get their feathers ruffled if I take a closer look at what precisely they are doing with this money.”

The meat: “For working under the august figure of Professor Richard Prum (please note: that is Prum, not Plum. You will be grateful for me mentioning that…) and enlisting the politically correct assistance of ‘high school students from under-represented minorities’ they have embarked on a four year long ‘exciting opportunity’ to, er, write a lengthy and earnest manuscript describing their progress, er, measuring the erect penis of hundreds, if not thousands, of Ruddy Ducks.”

H/T To Anna Raccoon! http://www.annaraccoon.com/

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Oh I had set up a nice comment and it got eaten!

Anyhoo, read this here and see where some more of our stimulus $’s went and for what!

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Fallon on March 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Good Morning Fallon!!

Hope yours is gonna be a good one!!

Going upstairs to check out headlines right now!!

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on March 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Morning Kids!

At least we all know where Sarah stands on life!

Another day goes by. Still no televised interviews since she left Fox news. What does she have up

renalin on March 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM

This is not my poem, but it is fitting for the time we are in:

This once great nation
Can no longer stand the inflation
Brought about through manipulation,
Greed and politically correct capitulation
To the puppets put in place by your corporations,
Agents of the beast the bringers of this abomination.

It’s all been foretold you too can read the end
If they haven’t led you too far astray
With the purchase of the watchdogs of the people
The media who sings their praises from hymnals up a steeple
Of purposefully disseminated government approved misinformation
Another of the deadly plagues spewed forth from every single station.

Children are starving across the nation
While you yet again go on another vacation
Grandmothers die in the un-air-conditioned heat
So on fancy five hundred dollar sheets you can sleep
A mother is threatened with jail for growing vegetables for her child
A soldier billed for risking his life so you can wage war for what you revile.

Money Power Oil Redistribution and Control
When was it exactly that you sold your very soul?
You have to know that a far greater hell for you awaits,
For all of those who commit evil through legislative mandates.

Where will you go when your money is not your own
When you can’t afford to live and you no longer have a home
Do you think they will take care of us all then the ones we elected
Do you think your family your rights your very life will be protected?

Prepare now my friends you are living the very end
They won’t help you and you best take heed
If you don’t believe me just research their deeds
Open your door and look outside
What you see may make you want to hide
We all may have to do so and very very soon
Please wake up now and stop marching to their tune!

God bless and keep we the people
From being assaulted from all sides by your evil
In the end as was written what is good will hold sway
The question is how many of us will be alive on that day.

Thank you all for your attention.
Can you yet smell the nations’ dissention
We “Will not go quietly into that good night”
Prepare ourselves for one hell of a fight.