Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 25 26 27 28 29 120

Sarah’s Shire: a place where hobbits find peace and quiet.

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM

And, it’s almost time for second breakfast, lol. Gotta go pick up my grandbaby hobbitses. Curious to see if anyone follows the pastry crumbs here today…

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Oops, sorry, Steebo.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM

27 pages woo hoo …

conservative tarheel on February 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

él está dispuesto a legalizar ilegales

Press 1 for English.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Check QOTD. Left you a querry.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM

…just saw that…and answered that there…(:->)

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Unfrickingbelieveable…

This is still going?

Is this a record?

K2 you rock and you too Bmore and Fallon and CT!! :-)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM

; )

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Scrumpy on February 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM

…if everybody keeps coming back…it will be a new record!…we gotta be different!

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Press 1 for English.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM

…I laugh every time I see you do that on a thread!
(:->)…my biggest pet peeve regarding ‘assimilation‘ instead of ‘balkinization

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Butting in because… well, I can.

I think the disagreement started when Hey, Koolaid Man! tried to Beetlejuice (or is it Candyman?) a certain kelpie. Some of us were confused as to whether he actually invited it here or whether he was just goofin’ around and it just appeared (because, well, it does look for Palin threads to try to poop all over them and kill the sounds of laughter, happiness and harmony.) I hope this is just a misunderstanding amongst the kinship, but I never misunderestimate the mucky evilness of a certain ichthyoid.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Strike some of those “justs”. Sometimes, my writing just stinks. Aw, dammit, I did it again.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM

él está dispuesto a legalizar ilegales

Press 1 for English.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Heard an interesting interview on NPR this morning with Rep Labrador of Idaho. If you have time, I’d like to hear what the peeps here think.

I listen to NPR in the car when my normal radio station goes to commercials. If it’s interesting, I stay and listen. (I feel like I have to defend my actions, lol. It’s good, every now and then, to take a listen to what the enemy my tax dollars are up to…)

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I will listen, only because it is a request from you. I’ll let you know.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Someone should invite bluefox back, as we seem to have acquired equipoise.

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Thank you.

Ooh, I saw your double dog dare to Ichy in the “Savior” thread, lol. Bold move, Bmore. I wonder if that is how Scrumpy found Sarah’s Shire… Gulch… Place… Cabin in the woods… whatever.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Sarah’s Shire… Gulch… Place… Cabin in the woods… whatever.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Igloo.

steebo77 on February 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Okay. Firstly the interview is framed with the typical NPR propagandist spin. This continues through out the entire 6:11 of the interview. Labrador starts off fairly well, then seems to stumble at this point, “I hope its not significantly different from the President”, I don’t think that is exactly what he meant, He then kinda contradicts himself in the same sentence. This makes for a distracting muddying of the issue. He seems to recover from this to move on to what I think is the key difference between himself and the Dims. I suppose on balance it was a decent way in which he comports himself during the exchange. My over reaching fear in all/any of this is that by the time any honest ideas get through the mill, it will become molested from its original form and perverted in the end. I still feel certain that this issue ultimately does harm to us it the short term and long term. The reason for even bringing it up at this juncture puzzles me. On the one hand, yes most of us agree, it needs a fix. On the other hand this has been a nagging issue for so many years now, why now all of a sudden? Political. At any rate glad I could hopefully help you out on this one. I do dislike NPR. ; )

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Hey, not trying to mind your business. You know how I don’t like it when someone does that to me. Whats up with you and Opinionator? Saw the remarks and was a bit taken a back? History?

Bmore on February 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM

…sorry B…crashed early last night…no history!…I only pee on trolls…but that one was ragging on me for the fish coming down under (Op wants a haven from it)…so I suggested a tampon!… I think it is going to keep menstruating about it anyway it seems.

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM

You only pee on trolls, like “FO dipshit” – and the rest of your kind insults above! I criticized you for your big mouth. Seems I wasn’t wrong about that, either.

So now, Mr. Nice Guy, I guess we have a history. You can’t seem to keep your crass mouth shut. Rag on. . .

And Fallon, the crumbs you left were perfect. Mr. Cool could take a few lessons from you.

I don’t know that I’ll stick around. Foul mouths and loose lips are not my cup of tea. If Bmore and others support it, fine.

Opinionator on February 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

P.S. Fallon, I am trying not to become a cynic. Frankly, I don’t trust any of them. Excepting 2 or 3.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Opinionator on February 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I stray away from the management of relationships between folks in real life and here on the interwebs. I take responsibility for my relationship with any and all that I have one with. I will say this, the abruptness of your comment in question to Kool was what threw me off. You are free to make of Kools techniques what you will. I do. Kool has been a loyal friend to me. I get him. Not everyone will. Foul mouths are everywhere, always have been. I am the son of sailors. As far as my support, I support that which helps me and mine accomplish the protections of that which I hold sacred. Not all messagers and protectors of which are palatable to all. Vulgarity and crassness I will suggest to you has a place and a vital role in confronting the evils of our world. These things are of the language evil understands. Now so far as me breaking my own rule pertaining to management of others and the complexity of their relations. I hope that you and Kool can shakes hands in a good sportsman like many and except each other for the unique individuals you both are. You are playing for the same team. Just different positions with a need for differing techniques. Hope you will consider this as I like both of you.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM

many=manner

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Hmm

Rusty Allen on February 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Folks, this has been a lot of typing for yours truly. I have to get back to work. ; )

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Have to agree with Bmore on “I hope its not significantly different from the President”, being not of a piece with his contention that those who “knowingly” break the law shouldn’t be able under any circumstance to gain citizenship. Rep. Labrador’s approach is commendable on the whole. He could use practice dealing with the msm, but who among us couldn’t?

Kudos to Bmore for throwing in the actual time (6:11) of the recording, as it’s an entirely useful bit of information.

Opinionator on February 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Better hold off on that bluefox invitation.

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Crap, just lost two posts to you Bmore. I am beyond frustrated. Anyway, I agree with most of what you posted. The fact that NPR is tax supported makes it even more of a crime that it exists at all. It is one of the main propaganda wings of the Democrat/Socialist/Progressive party masquarading as an independent news source. That damn propaganda bird has more appendages than a box of KFC chicken wings. :)

I liked some of what Rep. Labrador had to say. I think the part I liked was about guest visas and then getting in line for citizenship. I really hate the idea of rewarding criminal behavior but we’re not even supposed to call them illegals. (Though that is an apt description, in the country illegally.) I dunno, it’s all Cloward and Piven, isn’t it? Gun control, amnesty, gay marriage… Sheesh. Like playing tennis with a freakin’ octopus.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Opinionator on February 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

One other tid bit I would like to share with you so that you might better consider my perspective in all this. I noticed a few pages back you mentioned you had been gone a while. I was here. At the time I enjoyed troll hunting a good bit. You see it is my nature. When this place was literally being run over with the worst ilk of troll. Kool and I were here. Hunting them. We did a very good job together. Many were walked to the door because of our efforts. We didn’t do it to quell speech. We did it for the pleasure of the hunt. The techniques varied greatly. I employ a different method than Kool. No more or less effective however. I gave up the hunt per a request made by a favored commenter here at HA. I have held to that request largely. Though I do still dabble a wee bit. Lol! Please keep this in mind in the best way possible. Kool and I were here in the trenches together. It creates a unique bond.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

You and I are in agreement. Fancy that. Lol! ; )

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I hope that you and Kool can (eventually) shakes hands in a good sportsman like many and except each other for the unique individuals you both are. You are playing for the same team. Just different positions with a need for differing techniques. Hope you will consider this as I like both of you.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Opinionator, I hope you stick around, too. I’m a middle child in a large family and I try to smooth feathers and make everyone get along, sometimes to the point of my own destruction. It bugs me when they hate each other but I can handle it when they all hate me. That said, there is room for both of you here. Please take a break if you need to but come back. Please come back.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Someone should invite bluefox back, as we seem to have acquired equipoise.

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I had to look up the meaning of equipoise:-) Then as I was reading further, I saw this:

Better hold off on that bluefox invitation.

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM

So now I suppose I need to read further back in order to understand this. BB

Yes it does appear the anti-troll spray worked:-)

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Oops, grandbaby just woke up. Hope to see all y’all later. (I’m a Yank (actually, a Midwesterner), but I learnt that in Texas.)

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 1:43 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Welcome back. Good to see you. Just (heh) thought maybe we should wait until K2/OP contretemps runs its course.

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Thanks. I get aggravated as others do having to deal with that troll.

It was not Kool’s intention or motive that gill showed up here. I wish that a little teasing Kool about it hadn’t turned to a disagreement as it has between the two. Sometimes any one of us can be more emotional over things than at other times. I remember Opinionator and BigMike a year or so ago and Opinionator was going thru some hard times. I was glad to see OP back.

Hopefully they can each put that in the past and continue on as before. The longer it goes on, the worse it gets.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM

LOL, I remember that detective work. Maybe someone blocked the House troll from this thread? I know wishful thinking:-)

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Yeah, that escalated quickly.

Rusty Allen on February 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Bluegill would have found her way here whether or not someone told her. She needs it.

Rusty Allen on February 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Rusty Allen on February 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I agree.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Opinionator on February 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

(:-<)

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM

This article I found from a Palin website. It is great in understanding what is going on with the R party/Rove. Bookmark it if you don’t have time to read it. 6 pages, but very very informative.

“Karl Rove and the Cotton Conservatives”

Modern Day Whigs and the rise of the Party of Lincoln and Reagan.

by Jeffery Lord

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

bluegill, Breadball?

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Great article, bluefox. Hmmm… Let’s see, how to do this.

As Winston Churchill said, “An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile – hoping it will eat him Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

(Winnie might not have used all those exclamation marks.)

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Fastastic Speech by Dr. Ben Carson, Director of Neuro Surgery at John Hopkins.
Jess Sessions introduces Dr. Carson around 34:00 and his speech ends about 1:01 or so.

It is a most delightful, informative and pointed speech. A little of his background and politics. You can tell that B.O. was not pleased:-) He opened his speech with several Scriptures. Very worth your time as he says some things about Healthcare/Taxes etc that have never been said to B.O. Kudos Dr. Carson. I was very impressed.

That’s all I have for now, have errands to run before we get more snow/bad weather late tonight and Friday. Ugh.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Glad you thot so too. It helped me as I’m not the best student of History. Oh, I saved that Churchhill site; great man. Thanks.
Do you live in OH? I do.

Hmmm. I just hit Preview and got a “Preview error” Will now just hit Submit Comment & see what happens.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I lived in Norwalk, Ohio for ONE week. Hubby took a lateral promotion that offered room for growth, so we moved. We arrived on a Sunday. Our furniture arrived on Tuesday. I told myself to stop crying and unpack on Wednesday. Hubby got a promotion and reassignment on Thursday. (We don’t think HR knew we had just moved.)

I told myself I should have cried one more day while repacking on Thursday and Friday. Our furniture left on Saturday and we drove back to Illinois on Sunday. Our money stayed in Ohio for two weeks after we left because the bank there thought we were pulling a scam.

I was born in Wisconsin. Moved to Illinois as a child and have lived here (against my will, lol) most of my life – except for the one week in Ohio and one year in Texas (another hubby career move gone wrong).

Oh, and I could never really live in Ohio. I have a weird Ohio/Iowa confusion which would have been horribly embarrassing if I lived there. One of my former neighbors just moved to Columbus. She’s not fitting in yet, but she will. She’s a Queen Bee type that will, in time, find another hive.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I have to ad one of these ! every time I call it. If I don’t its a duplicate comment. I’m up to 18.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Dr Carson is a good and decent Man, as is Dr. Manson, Dr. Lee, not so much.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

…THANKS foxy!

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Fallon and bluefox. Setting the example for how we roll, here in the underground.

Oh, and Fallon, congrats on beating AP to covering the Rep. Labrador interview this a.m.

Bmore, you may be many things, but last? Not happening.

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Your travel to OH: I cannot imagine what I would have said or done under those circumstances; probably wouldn’t have been a sane response:-) Then reality would have settled in and done what you had to do. I’m familiar with Norwalk, close to Lake Erie. That city would not have been the best place to form an opinion tho.

From about midway in the State, is the largest or 2nd largest of the Amish population. Farms among the rolling hills, just beautiful.

Glad you got settled after your fast move!!

I prefer Columbus for the big city. One thing, your friend will find a restaurant on almost every block:-) Like any large city, nice areas and the other kind.

Mark Levin is not happy about those Benghazi & Panetta!!

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Dr Carson is a good and decent Man, as is Dr. Manson, Dr. Lee, not so much.

Bmore on February 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Oh, I could tell that about Dr. Carson within 5 minutes of listening to him. Not familiar with Manson or Lee.

Dr. Carson mentioned that he and his wife wrote a book entitled “America the Beautiful” and the Education chapter covers his opinions on that. He is quite talented and a caring individual. I may order his book.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM

…THANKS foxy!

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM

You’re welcome, Mr. Kool:-) I think I’ll print it out, great insight from J. Lord.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM

He’s a Seventh Day Adventist.

Good Bless Brother Carson. For God created man on the 7th day, and then He rested.

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Nice of you to say. We’ve got so many different names for “our place” Doesn’t matter as long as it’s here.

I think during these trying times, everyone needs a place of solitude.

HA has a great group of people, talented in so many different areas of interest. Some have such a quick wit!! Takes me by surprise if I’m just reading:-)

I’m a people person and enjoy the many different personalities expressed here on HA.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM

He’s a Seventh Day Adventist.

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I’ve read about that faith, but really don’t recall having a particular opinion.

For any that haven’t had a chance to listen to him today these are the Scriptures he quoted first:
Proverbs 11:9, Proverbs 11:12, Proverbs 11:25, II Chron. 7:14.
I sensed there were some squirming when hearing those.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM

He’s a Seventh Day Adventist.

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I have relatives who are Seventh Day Adventists but I know very little about the religion. I was just at a funeral a couple of months ago for my aunt. It was actually an interesting sermon/service. I’m spiritual but not religious, so I can be sparked to intently listen to religious teachings when they move me and I was at my aunt’s funeral.

I wasn’t going to listen to the speech (for the reason just stated) but I figured bluefox’s posts are interesting. I’ll give it a go. Not only did I listen to Dr. Carson, I posted the video to my FB and made hubby listen to it when he got home. LOL

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM

LOL. my mom would kill me. put the comma in the wrong place. man created on sixth, God rested on the seventh. Adventists worship on Saturday. Like the Jewish reigion. from sun up to sundown. no fish without scales, no cloven hooves.

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM

he chose those scriptures for a purpose. Dr. Carson speaks in parables. His entire speech is a rebuke of obama. you could tell michelle and barack thought he was on the plantation, at the start of the speech.

by the time he talked about tithing the poor a dollar, obama was craving a beer and a cig.

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM

It was hard not to watch Obama looking for a reaction. Obama was so uncomfortable, he went to his happy place. I’m guessing many of his college professors saw that empty look often, lol.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Thanks, I sent it in as a tip to HA before I posted it. I was in the right place at the right time when I heard it this morning. I was shocked to be agreeing with someone on NPR regarding immigration, lol.

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Fallon on February 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Sorry for your loss of your Aunt. I’ve been to funerals that if you had your eyes closed, you would have thot you were in Church.

Glad you decided to watch Dr. Carson. Hope your hubby enjoyed it as well. On FB? Good for you!!

I’m particular on what I listen to and watch:-)

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM

He had a sour look on his face I thot. I thot Dr. Carson’s solution to Healthcare made so much sense!!! Actually, he made a lot of sense in everything he said.

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Well, Breitbart picked Dr.Carson’s speech up:-)

Doctor Slams National Debt, Political Correctness, And Health Care In Front Of President Obama

I know Rush played some of his comments several times. Rush said this man solved the Healthcare Issues in 43 seconds, LOL

“A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great
men.” Proverbs 18:16

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

So, the new CIA director to be thinks waterboarding is wrong, wrong, wrong!!! But, it’s ok to blow people up via Hellfire missles…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

obama was craving a beer and a cig.

renalin on February 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM

…more likely!…a joint!

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.” fixed it for Ralph Waldo Emerson. Or something.

wolfsDad on February 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

That was my thot when I heard that. I don’t recall listening to so many people since 2008 that truly something is wrong with their minds. Is there a brain disease that’s catching in D.C.? What is wrong with these people?

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

The left is a disease all by itself. They don’t need “no stinkin’ badges reason” to be an inconsistent mess…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I like blowing up Islamist’s. I just don’t like the hypocrisy on the other side and who’s pulling the trigger. But killing the enemy. The more the merrier.

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I am still around. I think it’s instructive to find out who is supportive of Mr. K/Cool. You have a history with him – more than my own.

I highly doubt that Sarah Palin would countenance misogynistic, preteen, tampon rants – or – Mr. K/Cool’s tough guy attacks on a woman who wishes to prevent Sarah’s Gulch from being overridden by paid trolls – and their overseer handlers!

Bmore: thanks for your explanation of being his troll hunting colleague – and the need to fight evil. I suggest you examine whether you support good when your cohort is spewing that same evil to one who is not – out in the open threads where I get maligned libeled in the process. You invited him there.

Fallon: thanks, m’dear. You are truly a good egg.

Bluefox: thanks for your sane analysis. You remember well. I have been missing around here because I had a stroke and was paralyzed on my entire right side – no brain damage, thank G-d. The last 1.5 years have been all about survival – by myself for the most part – no PT – going to food banks since who can survive on disability when one owns a home of 20 years?? I’m at 80% and can type somewhat well again.

I was not able to type and communicate, but I have always been a prolific reader of many web sites, including – most particularly – HA.

To ALL: you sustain me!! Your intellect and wit are quite precious to me! I learn a great deal from you. And I was so very excited to think that I had finally found – through happenstance. . .and G-d’s will?. . .a place where true Palin supporters could truly coalesce in one fine place – far from the madding crowds, RINOS and those who seek to decimate us.

So I hope you’ll forgive me for being a MAMA GRIZ in trying to protect us – in Sarah’s Gulch – from harm from trolls, those who pay them, RINO’s and those who would destroy us/the U.S.

Sending love to All – yeah, including you, Mr. K/Cool. I’m not into internet wars, expletives deleted, or misogyny. I hope your tough guy act is just that.

Opinionator on February 8, 2013 at 4:05 AM

bluefox on February 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

We are twinsies! Every time I see your name I think it is me.

Anyway, what has Sarah had to say about Rubio lately? Seems like her crazy fans/cultists on here have been rather negative towards him. They seem to get that way whenever any Republican other than Palin enjoys time in the spotlight. They were resentful of Paul Ryan, Bachmann and Perry, as well.

bluegill on February 8, 2013 at 4:49 AM

24 Hour Trolls. Soros must pay well.

Opinionator on February 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Another day begins. The Iron Dog on Feb 15. Terry Schiavo April 5.

Sarah’s gone dark. Gotta BIG pot of coffee brewing and am wearing my fat clothes. might as well get comfortable.

renalin on February 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

as long as it is the correct people the left doesn’t mind blowing people up. I wonder how much information the census takes ends up in other peoples hands.
“this house is conservative” lock GPS coordinates and wait.
:D

conservative tarheel on February 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM

…trollcot!
see that now Hillary is the most popular politician…who is not in office…61% approval rating…where do they find these people to poll?

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

A troll post still adds to the total. See, every cloud has a silver lining. Awaiting Steebo’s count update…

renalin on February 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM

LOL I told myself I didn’t have to workout today since I shoveled two times yesterday (heavy wet snow) and once this morning. As long as I’m dressed for it, I love being outside in cold weather and snow.

Here is a good tip for cold weather newbies. Son worked as a porter in a car dealership when he was in HS and learned this trick. When there is sleet, freezing rain or wet snow, he puts his wipers up when his car is parked outside. He lifts them right off the windshield so they don’t freeze in place. I thought it was clever. It makes scraping the ice off the windshield easier, too, as you don’t have to scrape around and possibly damage the wiper blades that would have otherwise been stuck there.

Fallon on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

24 Hour Trolls. Soros must pay well.

Opinionator on February 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM

…problem is…THEY don’t spend it on the medication they need!

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Fallon on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

…Ha!…I did that last night to both cars! (Michigan)

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Here’s a fun question, what do Sarah Palin, Jeb Bush, Tammy Baldwin and Sheryl Crow have in common?

Fallon on February 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

The question of assassinations

I have a question about this. My hope is perhaps you all will help flesh this out for me. Is a Marine sniper on the battlefield from, lets say, two clicks out committing and assassination when he pulls the trigger on a enemy?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

In a word, no. Especially as he would be operating under legitimate military orders. The fleshing out part was handled admirably last night by Resist We Much in a face off with sharrukin on the QOTD thread.

Now about Fallon’s query. What do you have?

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

What do you have?

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I read through all of the exchanges between RWM and sharukkin. It seemed to me they were arguing two different points.

So if a Marine is the person who pulls the trigger on a drone attack against an enemy, that would be okay?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Fallon on February 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I have a fun question too. What kind of pie did the better half make from scratch this a.m. for me?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Indeed. Still operating under valid military orders. Assassination wouldn’t come into play, in any event, absent a specifically identified individual.

You’re a bad man. Fallon has me completely stumped, too.

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Boysenberry.

steebo77 on February 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Awaiting Steebo’s count update…

Fallon on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

2,688.

steebo77 on February 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Boysenberry.

steebo77 on February 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

No, but it sounds good however. ; )

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Fallon has me completely stumped, too.

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I will stand by my original guess on Fallon’s querry. 0

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

querry = query

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

2,688.

steebo77 on February 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

It seems we’ve settled on Sarah’s Gulch. Igloo was pretty good, though.

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I will stand by my original guess on Fallon’s querry. 0

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Sorry, didn’t see what you did there.

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Sorry, didn’t see what you did there.

wolfsDad on February 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Yes, it increases my chance of being correct by 2.

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM

True dat. Will you fill me in on trollcotting? Is it similar to gazing ala LGF?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Shoofly? [Isn't that your fav?]

Opinionator on February 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Shoofly? [Isn't that your fav?]

Opinionator on February 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I do like a good Shoo-Fly pie, but no, that’s not it. If I had to pick a fav, it would be difficult indeed. Pecan Pie rates high, though that’s not the answer to this one either. My favorite isn’t really a Pie, though the ingredients are much the same. Blueberry rolli-polli. In days gone by it was known as Huckleberry rolli-polli. Served hot with a cold custard sauce. Yummy!!!! Also spelled roly-poly. Good guess though. ; )

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM