Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 20 21 22 23 24 114

Sarah ousted by Toure’s praise on abortion.

Oh, the irony.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM

bluegill on January 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Yeah. That whole Mittens episode was pretty ugly. Good thing we don’t have to defend him anymore.

Glad we could reach a consensus.

steebo77 on January 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Listen, I was an original Palinista. I knew and liked her way before you Johnny-come-lately’s jumped on the bandwagon. Most of you are just wannabes. In the spring of 2008 I hoped and predicted she would be chosen. No joke.
In the years since, I have come to the OBVIOUS conclusion that Sarah Palin is not ready for primetime. You guys need to stop treating her like an infant and making excuses for her at every turn.
In closing, as this thread dies out and is relegated to the dustbin of the archive section, please remember to try to resist Sarah Palin’s encouragement to resent and oppose other conservatives. Palin loves to feed off division, but don’t give in.
Many of you are already mad at Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann, Fox News and now HotAir (?!) over something Palin-related or because they have succeeded or may succeed where Palin failed. Palin does more harm than good.
The Tea Party does NOT need this woman to act as its self-appointed spokesperson.
It is time to let go of Sarah Palin. Take a deep breath. You all can do it. Let’s move forward together. Unified. Never again willing to settle for an incompetent candidate that constantly embarrasses us and who we have to keep making excuses for.
bluegill on January 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Since this will likely be the last page of comments for this dying thread, I wanted to make sure that my final words were not bumped off.

Let’s all remember that we agree on more things than we disagree. Let’s not let Sarah Palin drive us apart.

No use tearing each other apart.

Be well, you all!

bluegill on January 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Last screen snap I got before it rolled off the front page. Kool its right here.

Bmore on January 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Be well, you all!

bluegill on January 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Don’t forget to take your meds gilled one.

Bmore on January 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Bmore on January 28, 2013

(:->)

KOOLAID2 on January 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Yes, maybe. I’ve just noticed that her whole argument re. Palin rests on one obsessive incantation: “This woman MUSTN’T run”.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I was just getting at the stridency behind (sexy) bluegill’s Palin obsession.

Look at the goofy posts she just wrote – her criticisms/intolerances of Palin are so unwittingly revealing of her own abnormal psychology. bluegill is a haughty, attention-seeking narcissist with a messiah complex, and she’s an obnoxious, terribly unpersuasive debater as well.

She doesn’t let any of that stop her, though! :)

Anti-Control on January 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM

bluegill on January 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM

First, I don’t believe you.

Second:

It is time to let go of Sarah Palin.

Why? I don’t want to. Why is it such a problem for you? I don’t care if you like Romney or anyone else (but I CARE for the fact that you brainwashed peeps into backing a sure loser, that, yes). I don’t care if anyone loves Rubio, or Ryan, or Christie. How that stuff is my business? People can back whoever they want. Since when can you decide for others who they should be backing or not? This is so strange.

NOT.

As a matter of fact, you remind me of Erickson and his hissy fits against Palin in 2011: what was killing him was this: he wanted to back another (squishy) candidate, but the Palinistas wouldn’t bulge. They would just wait patiently for Sarah’s decision.

Erickson couldn’t understand this kind of loyalty (as you can’t understand it – and that’s why I tend to think you’re a paid GOP operative) and SO, obviously, it was “a cult”. Because how dare those rubes be so faithful to that dimwit?!

Let me brief you then.

I’m not a cultist, I don’t know if she will run for anything in the future or not – and for the moment, I don’t care – BUT THIS: this woman is the only politician I trust because she’s not bought.

SHE DOESN’T BELONG. She cannot be blackmailed, intimidated, bought or corrupted. Plus, say what you want, but she wouldn’t be STUPID ENOUGH to declare that with Clinton at the helm, we would be out of the fiscal mess, like one of your smart asses just did.

So I trust her and she’s, by far, the only one I trust.

But be at peace, because she won’t be your leader until you deserve to be led with integrity. And this, it won’t happen in the near future, unless you jump off the cliff for good.

Obama is what you deserve. I’m sure you feel better off.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM

(:->)

KOOLAID2 on January 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Kool, keep a link to this thread in case we ever need a place to talk privately off thread in the future. ; )

Bmore on January 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Just my opinion, I believe the person in question is the sock puppet of a long time commenter who covered her/himself in such shame they were required to take on a new persona.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Thanks for the head-up.

Anyhow, she’s a little bit more articulate than crappyfeet and/or simplesimon (but nonetheless as stupid as TheWall). Oh well.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM

The funny thing is that I don’t believe him/her to be a liberal, just so careless about her remarks that it overshadows anything relative or poignant that she might have to say. It’s really a shame.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Oh, I don’t think she’s a liberal either. Just somebody who wants the Republican status quo (using the money and the votes of Conservatives only to shut them up afterwards) to go on forever.

No reformer. Hell no.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM

not ready to let this go …yet
BG with ya there … I agree … Sarah strikes me as speaking from
the heart … she may or may not run …
but she is a powerful influence none the less …

and CSM – you maybe right about the gilled one ….
for awhile I thought she was a paid troll … but
now not so much …

conservative tarheel on January 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Since we have Mitt’s HotAir spokeperson in attendance, maybe s/he/it will answer a couple of questions on behalf of the Governor…

1) How does Gov. Romney feel about being less than “a ham sandwich”?

2) What is Gov. Romney’s response to his son being quoted as saying that his Dad (Mitt Romney) didn’t really want to win?…

Gohawgs on January 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

When’s the press conference?…

Gohawgs on January 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Be well, you all!

bluegill on January 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Be … well ?

listens2glenn on January 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM

THREAD COUNT

2000 Count reached by Opinionator on 1/27/13 @ 11:24 PM 2000
additional until renalin on 1/28/13 @ 7:32 AM 73
additional from renalin until Gohawgs on 1/28/13 @2:24 PM 43

Total Count per above 2116

If anyone gets a different count, please post:-)

Start was Opinionator was 2000! Congrats! You and the gilled one will be enjoying an all expense paid holiday at the fishing hole of you choice!

Bmore on January 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM

and CSM – you maybe right about the gilled one ….
for awhile I thought she was a paid troll … but
now not so much …

conservative tarheel on January 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Perhaps someone would remember when she landed on HA as bluegill. I’ll check some of my files too. This “change of heart” B.S. is just that.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM

ah, no surprise. kurtz article was drug from the wastebin of the daily beast to the trash dump that is cnn’s front page.

THE RISE AND FALL OF SARAH PALIN.
renalin on January 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM

You know that saying, wish in one hand and ____ in the other and see which one ____

As you say, they’ve tried most everything and Sarah is still STANDING, LOL

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM

On the bright side, to quote Obama,

“I WON!!!!!!!!”

steebo77 on January 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I take it this is right before it went to the archives?

Good job!!

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

To bad this came to late to generate some heat.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Still going strong for a dying thread.

Sharr on January 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM

How many times did they bury this woman alive? Just how many?

* shaking head in disbelief *

PS: I can’t believe this thread is going on. Kudos, kiddos!

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

That said there is worse:

$16 per word

* facepalm *

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Thanks for posting that. What do you all think about using this thread for Sarah Palin news? In case we don’t see any more on the front page?

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Don’t forget, the W.P. is the rag the invented the “racist rock”:-)

One of the commenters said: Momma bear earned every penny … You betcha !

They are obsessed!!

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Some people (author of article) have far too much time on their hands.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM

This may sound funny since I have been a consistent commenter on this thread and others about Gov. Palin, I am actually okay with letting the news come as it may. I think most people could get updates from her facebook page, I don’t do facebook. I guess what I am using far too many words to say, I’ll let her make the next move. I still think it’s funny to see this thread continue. Ultimately I will forget about it though.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM

And the National Review wonders (and asks) if she has any political future.

Because when you stop talking on Fox, your political career is over.

That’s called logic in RINOLand.

Whatever, I suppose.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM

It’s exactly what we heard from all corners of the Establishment during the whole 2011 year (and it started one week before the 2010 victory, in which Palin played a major part).

Again, I don’t know (and even care for) what Palin will do in 2015. But why shouldn’t she compete? Because she might win?

That said, I hope she sticks to her recent words to Bannon and don’t ever let them decide for us who will be the nominee.

Go for the jugular, Sarah!

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Here’s what bugs me. Those not wanting her to run, would rather lose with a squish than with an actual Conservative – Which they claim they are but say “we need to appeal to the middle”. Yeah that worked out so good twice before…

I mean, sure the actual Conservative could still lose, but at least its an honest loss, presumably fought to win rather than appease. Which is how I know Sarah Palin would wage it.

Sharr on January 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I don’t do Facebook either. Hopefully, HA will post threads on her. We’ll just have to wait and see. After what they did with this
Palin thread and then burying it in the Archives, hard to tell.

I hope HA doesn’t adopt a policy of ABP!

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Piling on again are they? LOL She stopped talking on Fox a long time ago. What, she was on maybe once a month and that was on Greta at 10PM!

Speaking of RINOS, I’m sure Romney and they are happy. Especially Rove, since I saw where he renewed his contract, duh! If it weren’t for Fox, you wouldn’t know he existed. Can’t stand that pompous back stabber.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I hope HA doesn’t adopt a policy of ABP!

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Mainly, it depends on her.

Personally, I would like her to wage a war against the GOPe – lead an insurgency – but I don’t know if she can or wants it.

But if she does it, I don’t see how they will avoid to talk about her.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Sharr on January 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

You are totally right on the money here, but the dirty secret is this: no real Conservative must compete because a real Conservative might win, and hence do what’s right for Country. Which is out of the question for the Boomtown Rats.

And they’re all Boomtown Rats.

But she’s not. So she will never be acceptable, let alone accepted. I have to say that I often wonder why she’s still in the GOP: they are beyond repair, every entry on this blog proves it.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Tokyo Rove is a monster. He (and his pal Gillespie) sum up everything that’s wrong with the GOP today.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I agree and am with Sarah all the way!

tim c on January 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Sharr on January 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I agree. It’s the Establishment Republicans/Dems/Administration that don’t want her to run. They have done everything to slander & attack her from the beginning along with the MSM.

Why did they do that, if they didn’t/do fear her and think she would win? That’s a lot of powerful ammunition against one person in my opinion.

Whether Sarah will run or not will be up to her. I don’t think she decided to not run in 2012 due to any fear of any of them. I think she didn’t want to risk being the reason if losing that B.O. would be elected. Further, she’s wise enough to know that without control of the House & Senate leadership, it would be as it is now.

Hence her constant campaigning and supporting for Conservatives in the Congress.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 6:07 PM

on January 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I like the term “Leader of the Opposition”

That Boomtown doc.really convinced me that D.C. is totally corrupt and has no redeeming quality.

I came across an article that explains it all, but it’s so long, I hate to post it. It was an eye opener too. Maybe I’ll send it to Hannity to give to Bannon. I copied it to notepad, so it’s all text.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM

You don’t have a link to that article? What was the source?

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Hot damn! I love it! This thread is still going, even if it doesn’t show up on the main page. Good going folks. And for all of you Palin haters, ESAD!

Mirimichi on January 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

You don’t have a link to that article? What was the source?

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I think it was something that I picked up and copied from somewhere. Had it in a folder on my old desktop and just came across it while looking for something else. Had forgotten about it.
Perhaps another blog?

I’ll look at it again a little later and post again. I don’t know of any way to condense it so it’s a link.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

A tip: post a sentence or two, and/or the title. Google will find it. I’ll look for it, if you want. :)

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM

To bad this came to late to generate some heat.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM

another post mortem. meh. I smell a comeback for The Cuda. Its still early in the fourth quarter.

renalin on January 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Glad to see you guys and gals are still here. Rock on!

Fallon on January 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Fallon on January 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I have to say this is hilarious. And quite the first time I see something like this here.

We’ve moved the topic on the left unilaterally. lol

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Ok, I found it again:-) It was written by a Charlie Reese, former
columnist for the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper, entitled 545 People.

Hope that helps. I would search for it, but am in the midst of cooking, LOL

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM

We’ve moved the topic on the left unilaterally. lol

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM

It is funny, LOL I’ve never seen this happen before either!

Does this make us Cultists? ROFL

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

To bad this came to late to generate some heat.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM

cilliza says that Sarah’s support is a mile deep but only an inch wide.

like thats a bad thing. I look at it as a great start. we have an awesome foundation and are focused on one goal, and we know time is up.

we’re already a mile deep. we can definitely get more inches. easier to go sideways.

renalin on January 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

What should I do when WordPress “eats” one of my post? Repost the whole thing or wait for it to appear?

Asking because the post with the link hasn’t appeared yet.

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

The second post didn’t appear either. What gives?

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Third attempt:

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Third attempt:

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Oh, wow. Glad you found it. Common sense and should make anyone reading it really think.

Thanks a bunch!!

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Does this make us Cultists? ROFL

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Nah, but it feels a bit subversive, lol.

Fallon on January 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Fallon on January 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

You mean like the underground resistance working for the Leader of the Opposition? LOL

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Just a FYI. When I got to the end of that article, it did not contain what I have. I’m going to print out and then post the rest, which is very very interesting! Have to do it that way since it’s on my old desktop and for some reason it’s not coming online.
Don’t want to take down my network, router, etc right now. The desktop is old and gets a glitch now and then:-)

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Another suggestion if you don’t mind:

Post the first sentence of the part missing. I’ll find a more complete link.

And it’s me who thank you. :)

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Well, I changed my mind and found another link that has the entire
final column he wrote.

I hated to leave the last part out since it was very informative as well as the other.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Thank you very much! Gonna read this carefully and share the link :)

Have to go now. See you tomorrow, same place (I just came back from the so-called “Good news” thread and it’s utterly depressing).

See ya ;-)

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I must have been searching too:-) I would have had to type about 2.5 notepad pages!

This was his final column for the Orlando paper. Well, he couldn’t have said it better.

I’ve been looking for some info to see if I can identify that fish.
It could be that CM may be right what she said. I know she despised Sarah since the fish and I went round and round. When I find what I’m looking for, I’ll post it. A troll is a troll, paid or unpaid. Their purpose is to spread disinformation and take over a thread. If they can get everyone talking to them, they have less time to talk about the topic of the thread. Just a troll tactic, LOL That’s my experience with them anyway.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM

See ya ;-)

BabyGrace on January 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Oh, that’s fine. I’ll check out some of the other threads too. Have some info on Rubio/Jeb Bush:-) Oh and Romney too.

Hope you get a chance later to read that last link I posted. Sickening! No wonder everyone is broke.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Bmore on January 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM

…I have a throwaway email after you told me to get one!
OMG! this is hilarious!…I came home from work just now and thought I would see if steebo77 got his wish!…this is funny!…has to be historical!

KOOLAID2 on January 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I love my daughter. She came over to watch the recorded Screen Actors Guild Award Show and she fast forwarded through the Julianne Moore part. I looked up and saw her fast forwarding. I didn’t ask her to… she just did it ’cause she knew it would tick me off. I thanked her for sparing me the aggravation.

Fallon on January 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Did someone say Cuda?

tom daschle concerned on January 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I’ve seen that Reese column before, but I’d forgotten about it. Thanks for linking to it.

INC on January 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Fallon on January 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Awww, that was nice of your daughter. If my daughter and I are watching a movie that has something she knows I don’t want to see, she tells me to close my eyes. Then when that part is over, she says ok, you can watch now:-)

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Did someone say Cuda?

tom daschle concerned on January 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Yep! I call it The Palin Thread, so I can keep the threads straight.

Hope your Dr. appt went well.

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM

INC on January 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Between BabyGrace and I, we finally got it right:-)

bluefox on January 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM

January 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2013 at 12:26 AM

You’re just a bit off, KOOLAID…

Gohawgs on January 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM

22 pages of irrelevant comments. And, without Mitt’s HA spokesperson holding a press conference. Whodathunk?…

Gohawgs on January 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM

…Last week with Bill O’Reilly, Charles Krauthammer discussed the loss of 2012. While O’Reilly is continuing to obsess about changing demographics, Krauthammer finally told the truth:

“Obama did not have an opponent who presented a coherent and strong argument for let’s say the Reaganite perspective of smaller government, less taxes, less dependency.

[…]

What was the difference between 2010 and 2012? In 2010, there was no presidential candidate at the top of the ticket – it was a purely ideological election which was largely on ObamaCare.

[…]

The candidate they chose in 2012 had passed RomneyCare which was the equivalent of ObamaCare.”…

Seems CK may have heard all this before. Probably from some “irrelevant” person…

Gohawgs on January 29, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Last! Its a new old game Scrumpy and I would play.

Bmore on January 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

There have been at least a gazillion obituaries written in the last 24 hours rejoicing in the death of Sarah Palin.

sadly the Boy Scouts and our border also went down the toilet, in yet another defeat for Palinistas.

i sure hope Sarah runs and gets us out of this mess.

renalin on January 29, 2013 at 6:19 AM

You’re just a bit off, KOOLAID…

Gohawgs on January 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM

you know!…my kids even tell me that!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM

It’s like having a Secret Garden…

Fallon on January 29, 2013 at 8:31 AM

yet another obituary http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/Ken-Walshs-Washington/2013/01/29/bye-bye-sarah-palin

she’s irrelevant, doncha know?

renalin on January 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hello cultists! /s

The Great One rips Joe Scars:

This guy can’t hold a candle to Sarah Palin – Mark Levin rips Joe Scarborough for trashing Sarah Palin

BabyGrace on January 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Hello friends, or as csdeven would have called you, my fellow worshipers at the Church of St. Palin the Victimized.

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM

P.S. I kinda miss bluegill.

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Last! Its a new old game Scrumpy and I would play.

Bmore on January 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Beat’cha . . . . . . . . nyaah nyaah de boo boo !

listens2glenn on January 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

bluegill on January 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

It’s not Palin tearing us apart, it’s numbnuts like you, that will not stand for their principles and are willing to compromise everything you believe in at every turn.

I believe in what Palin stands for.
I admire what she has accomplished despite her meager beginnings…..and all on her own.
Palin loves this country, God, and the military….those are all the things I love…..and Palin isn’t shy about shouting those ideals from the rooftops and doesn’t care who hears it.
I love that she is honest…to a fault and says what she feels.
I love that she “walks the walk”.
I love, love, love that she speaks in “common speech” that everyone can understand completely.

I’m having a heard time believing that you appose any of this and I think you just like to argue….otherwise why all the hate?

tencole on January 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

P.S. I kinda miss bluegill.

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Hush your mouth. I swear if you and Bmore start throwing out doughballs to get her here, I’ll scream. Errr… well, I’ll type that I’m screaming. Granddaughter is sleeping, there’ll be no actual screaming, it was an empty threat. Nevermind.

tencole on January 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I keep posting excerpts from this article. Here is another one:

And that’s why Sarah had to go. Whether she understood it or not, she threatened us right down to our most fundamental, meretricious, elitist, sneering, snobbish, insecure, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders bones. She was, after all, a “normal” American, the kind of person (or so I’m told) you meet in flyover country. The kind that worries first about home and hearth and believes in things like motherhood and love of country the way it is, not the way she wants to remake it.

Fallon on January 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Fallon on January 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

This article by Kahane was a masterpiece. So right on the money. Maybe the most truthful thing ever written on the roots of this unending (and so strange) hate.

As was the first one:

Thank you for reminding me of their existence.

BabyGrace on January 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Fallon on January 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

BabyGrace on January 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Along the same lines, here’s one of my favorites:

Peggy Noonan: Sarah Palin Jealous
By Stuart Schwartz

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM

You’re Peggy Noonan and you’re jealous.

That must have driven the Pegster crazy. Thanks.

And, thanks BabyGrace, I knew the article I was quoting was a follow-up but I never went back and read the original.

Fallon on January 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Don’t know if TEMS is audio archived, but Andrew Malcolm’s answer to a question on Palin (late in the ‘cast) is certainly worth a listen.

wolfsDad on January 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM

wolfsDad on January 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Can you sum up what he said? Pretty please :)

BabyGrace on January 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM

He went on at some length about her television skill set and even speculated on her potential in talk radio. His take on her reality tv show was detailed with evident admiration.

wolfsDad on January 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM

she’s irrelevant, doncha know?

renalin on January 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Well, it’s good evening everyone for me. Had a very busy day!!

They like to blame Sarah for McCain’s 2008 loss. I’m glad McCain chose her, but too bad he took a fall.

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Fallon on January 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I just read the one BabyGrace linked to. Where is the one you are talking about? I don’t recall reading the first one at all.

Thanks

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Along the same lines, here’s one of my favorites:

Peggy Noonan: Sarah Palin Jealous
By Stuart Schwartz

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Wow, what a piece. I wonder, did Noonan ever respond? There probably is a word for that kind of writing.

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will be a panel speaker at Southeastern University’s 2013 National Leadership Forum March 7 through 8, Mary Toothman, The Ledger reported.

Brian C. Carroll, vice president for university advancement, said the event was created from a desire to teach students and the community about the ideals of servant leadership.

“This is not a political forum, by any stretch of the imagination,” he said. “Sarah Palin is going to be talking about overcoming obstacles in leadership, and she’s overcome a lot of obstacles.”

Sounds like this will be a good format for Sarah. So glad she’s done with Fox, so she can do her own thing:-)

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Oh, Sarah’s Birthday is coming up on 2/11/13.

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Just a heads up. Colin Powell be on O’Reilly in a few minutes bashing Sarah Palin. Should be fun.

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Not sure if this CPAC speaker list is complete, but Sarah is not on it yet.

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Thanks!

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Colin Powell warming up by bashing Sununu (“lazy is a dog whistle,” etc.).

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Well, I didn’t hear much bashing of Sarah by Powell. Was this O’Reilly’s build up? LOL Funny how they don’t like Sarah, but like to use her. Pitiful!!

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM

O’Reilly used Palin to sell the segment, but there wasn’t too much bashing after all. I’m not sure Powell even said her name. It was O’Reilly who brought up the “shuck and jive” stuff.

Bill is such a lame-o.

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Colin Powell warming up by bashing Sununu (“lazy is a dog whistle,” etc.).

steebo77 on January 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Some of these people use anything as a dog whistle. Always looking for something to be offended by. I’m offended by actual things, like the Boomtown Congress!!!

bluefox on January 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Colin Powell, a democrat who pretended to be a republican…..to get ahead and now bites the hand that fed him. Really a pitiful person.

tim c on January 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM