Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 117 118 119 120

Schad -

For the most part I appreciate your reply. I have gained understanding of you and your position(s), particularly with regard to SP.

I may form faulty impressions or misunderstand as I clearly have with you – but I am no liar. Information you gave the night Koch showed up in my opinion encouraged googling to find us. My suggestion you ‘lead people here’ was based on that. It was a poor choice of words on my part as it wasn’t meant in the literal sense. For that I apologize. Nor do I believe any of our Gulchers ‘knowingly’ or ‘intentionally’ lead the enemies to our door. It is based on my love for our family here that I am so passionate or even hyper-sensitive about protecting them, all of us, from harm. Every time I see a link to this place alarm bells go off – and have from the beginning of this thread.

You say your nom “really exists to not give a damn”. My impression of you is that you care quite deeply about the state of our nation, as do I. As I scroll down a page I know it’s you before I see your name. I have always admired your fearless courage in stating reprehensible facts – and appear quite the opposite of not giving a damn. Your back stage efforts (heretofore unknown by me) are appreciated. But your staunch statements like these: “The world deserves all it’s getting. Stupid people deserve to be sheep, especially when they vote to be exploited. Masses can’t help themselves.” are absolutely true to your nom.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM

This brought tears. . .that you or any one of us should have to even consider that possibility is heart breaking and quite surreal.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:59PM

When I read all her works as a teenager, had someone told me I’d witness it unfold in my lifetime – in this country! – I would not have believed it. “Prescient” indeed.

I’m glad I was wrong about you so there is ‘that’, heh. All of us are laboring under pressures and sadness from the news we face daily. My efforts to remain ‘cheerful’ are not always successful. For that I apologize to all the Gulchers.

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Dear Opinionator, the only exciting thing about the 2008 election was SP’s appearance on the scene.

Ok, but I did not lead the trolls/socks here. It’s available to see but it was done by mistake and I will not rat the person out. It wasn’t me. My comments, even of laments that they made it here, were after the fact.

Those comments were after Koch had found the “here”. I know the intricacies of searching very well and realized that they had the right code. After that it was out of our power. It’s really futile to continue to talk about it.

My suggestion you ‘lead people here’ was based on that.

It was erroneous, but it’s done and I really don’t harbor anything negative toward anyone. It’s really nothing compared to what we deal with, especially outside of here.

Accepted, but really, I’m not even upset. I was just accused wrongly and explained why, without divulging why they got here/how.

True, they did it by mistake.

Yet, they linked the place many times. I saved it once, just to know where it’s at, to share SP news, perhaps the kind I see, here and there…but didn’t care to share the link with others.

You say your nom “really exists to not give a damn”.

It is. I really like my nom and chose it very carefully, based on the following.

Indeed, I care, about our land, which has self-debased itself so badly.

Hence, my nom and the absolute enjoyment in it.

Can’t you see that it is out of love of what was given up? Yes, you can! How can anyone not feel like this toward a majority of sheeple who voted twice for such? Too bad that the rest of us have to suffer through it, perhaps never to recover from it fully.

This is, however, reality. I have a big cross on my head. However, I will not back down. I don’t believe in “better red than dead”.

Hence my nom, and how totally right you are!!!

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Speaking just for myself, and my nom :), I understand you 100%. I have no peeve with anyone here. My enemies are only the leftist thuggish trolls and the ones who voted for the disaster we’ve got. The big enemies are outside of HA and they are more than a load.

Think NO more of this, please. I bid you and all the gulchers, this gulch, and the other, only good. I’m on your team even if you didn’t want to be on mine…kidding, just kidding. In earnest I am on your team, in the general/bigger sense.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM

This part should have been in quotes, by Opinionator.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Ahem…

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

For the page turn….

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Ahem…

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Nah, we be sharing the same bread and salt, really.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM

…and the same side of the coin too…

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Any news yet on Our Absent Propeller?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Ahem…

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

For the page turn….

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM

…nice to have adults in the house isn’t it Gohawgs?…(well except for me…my kids know I’ll always be a juvenile child)
Nice page turn!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Any news yet on Our Absent Propeller?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 6:47 PM

…has anyone even figured it out yet?

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM

…has anyone even figured it out yet?

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Yes, more than one.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 7:05 PM

In earnest I am on your team, in the general/bigger sense.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM

And for that I am – now – grateful :) Thanks. I feel ever so much better. . .

I have lots of words for the idiots who brought us here, but none are adequate to describe my utter contempt and loathing.

I didn’t check the time stamps on yours vs. Koch’s comment here. Again, I apologize. That was a dumb mistake on my part.

As you’ve said, we have bigger fish to fry. Team Gulch is stronger with you here :) If there is anything I can do to help you ‘out there’, please say the word. I figure we’re all marked by now anyway. Might as well go for the gusto and, as Sarah says, make every effort to “restore” our great country.

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Schade, wrong place and wrong time? I still can’t believe something THAT detestable was submitted…too out of character…

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Opinionator, just continue doing what you do. Regards.

NatB, he was reported by one of the enemies, in a thread other than Ed’s. For now that’s all that can be said.

One way or another it all will be fine.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM

…my bride has always been politically astute. She listens to Fox News in her car sometimes when not in a music mood…but no other talk radio like I insistently do. She goes on Rush’s site every day…and links to Politico, etc. everyday. (She does remind me periodically that my Romney sign is still up…and I’m being stupid!)…she makes statements to me about politics…never rants. It is not a major force in her day.
OMG!…this Bergdahl situation has her flabbergasted! Not doing their homework on this guy to get the VA lips flapping about something else and hoping the press will cover their backs again…has her hoping around the house and not talking about anything else. She hasn’t been this chatty about a political frame of time…since Romney lost the election…and that was just for two days!…she has been wound up like a kid on sugar since this story broke!…it’s all she wants to talk about!…(even on the phone with her sisters!…we’re talking hours!…I think she spit on the TV screen when Susan Rice’s statements were replayed!)

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM

This story is so big and bad…and it has just begun, and has backfired on the powers, in all ways, also just begun.

Watch Brad Thor on the Kelley File tonight. He has all the info, from the sources, from day one.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Hawgster – LOL! As long as it involves our mutual sustenance – and it does, it’s all good.

Champ – Thanks :))

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM

…my wife doesn’t like Lin Graham much…I guess he must have just been on Greta…because she just came running in here telling me that she agrees with the dress about JugEars not leaving “anybody behind”…Benghazi!…she just replayed Benghazi for me the last 10 minutes…shining the light on the target for the drone…everything!…she is wound up!…I’m praying this feeling and outrage will increase all around the country and the media CAN’T let it go away!…I’ve never seen her like this!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Thank you, Schade.

[setting Sparkie's spork out...spins...]

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Would be nice to see Mrs KOOLAID2 at the next Open Registration, KA! ;-)

Until then, be afraid…be very afraid… o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 7:41 PM

…that’s not for the bride!…staying up with the news is just part of her day…like eating…exercising…chores…her spare time is for hockey and baseball or multi-task while she is doing that. I multi in my own way. Have Mark Levine on right now…as I’m working on the landscaping…come in once in a while and check the threads as I go by…when I do sit here…I’ll have Fox on too so I can see the scroll at the bottom while I’m listening to talk or a game and can pop on the sound if someone interesting comes on.
She has a half a dozen sisters!…you know what THAT means!(:->)

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM

It’s a mad, MAD world….

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM

That your rugrats have 1/2 dozen Aunts?

That you have 1/2 dozen sis-n-laws??

That you can never get a word in, edgewise???

That after 30 yrs, you tend to accelerate, weave and make hand gestures while on roadtrips with the family????

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM

She has a half a dozen sisters!…you know what THAT means!(:->)
KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Um…during family cookouts/food fests the estrogen isn’t comparably balanced by testosterone? o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Gohawgs wins with door #3!
…when they all get together…we can hear the conversations like we are sitting next to them at the kitchen table…………and we’re outside…with the doors and windows shut!
They can visit like that for six or seven hours straight (without one pause of a second in the conversation…because they have two or three conversations going at once)…and then!… call each other as soon as they get home. Everyone of the hubs thinks its hilarious!…even our kids are amazed. None of them drink (maybe one drink at Christmas and New Year) or smoke…and believe me…for decades the guys have tried to get them to drink when they get together (every month or two)…just to see what would happen! The guys think when we retire…we will all have to live together in one place…they are that close!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM

It’s a mad, MAD world….

Gohawgs on June 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Mad world Sorry if you prefer the Tears for Fears version but I like this slower one from R.E.M. better.

Coffee is on, we’re gonna need it.

pillepalle on June 4, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Coffee is on, we’re gonna need it.

pillepalle on June 4, 2014 at 5:30 AM

That’s Gary Jules. I bought the CD for that song and nothing else sounds like it on the rest of the album. Another one of my musical missteps. Sorry, for being such a geek, lol. Love this version.

Thank you, for the coffee.

Wolvie, hope your ankle is healing. My head is spinning… Glad everyone is working things out. I have to say, I’m a bit confused about what is going on. I’m usually good with puzzles and cryptic quotes but I’m feeling overwhelmed again.

Pille, it’s so funny to have Mad World playing in the background while I’m typing. I feel like I have a soundtrack to my life, lol.

Local politics are draining. I’m doing good work but still getting froze out by the powers that be. On the bright side, I’m meeting lots of others exiled to Siberia. Much like Gulchers, we seem to be able to find each other when we need to…

Gulchers, ah… nothing really to say. I really appreciate all of you. Stay in the light.

Fallon on June 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Fallon on June 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I knew it wasn’t REM! Faked out by bad titling on youtube. :( Thanks for the correction of my error and no apologies are necessary. My mom loved this song and introduced me to it knowing that the Tears for Fears version was the soundtrack of my youth. She also made musical missteps, bought the album for Lady in Red and it was the only song on it that she listened to.

Lost another long post to a refresh (because I was undecided if I really wanted to say all that) so I’ll keep this one a bit shorter.

Politics are draining, can only imagine being in the thick of it. I applaud you for what you are doing and am somewhat jealous as I can only cheer from over here and hope my absentee ballot gets counted. Hang in there and know that many are behind you!

The rest I decided I really didn’t want to say :)

pillepalle on June 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM

The surgery went well…plates and screws…I did a good job messing it up! I have a splint on for 2 weeks to allow for swelling. Keeping elevated and ice packed. I have 2 catheters of nerve blocking medicine so I’m not in pain. This will last 3 days so once it runs out hopefully the pain meds. will do the job. Will get cast put on for 4 weeks (?) and then a boot with therapy. It’s going to be a long haul. This on top of getting radiation treatments every day! Needless to say I’ve shed many tears. I hate being helpless, and for such a long time :(

The trip to Florida next Wed. might happen. My nephew’s wedding is next Sat. Believe it or not but he’s an orthopedic surgeon. Half the wedding party are surgeons or some kind of doctor! He said as long as the pain is under control, I keep it elevated in the car, and take our time getting down there, stopping frequently to walk (hobble) around it would be alright. He said what better place to be with all those Drs. around :) If I have to sit around I’ld rather be in Florida sitting by the pool surrounded with family. Will make the final decision Mon.

wolverinefan on June 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Thank you to all the gulchers for your thoughts and prayers, you don’t know how much it helps to have the support and prayers!

I thought I said I wasn’t going to talk about this :)

wolverinefan on June 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Fallon on June 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I’m with you, Fallon, I don’t understand what is going on in the darkness,so to speak, at HA. I’ve been staying away from the news for the most part, just skimming the headlines, just can’t handle it right now.

wolverinefan on June 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM

The rest I decided I really didn’t want to say :)

pillepalle on June 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Better than asking to be banned, illiberally, like the HA leftists

himmellherrgottsakramentzerfixhallelujahmichlektsamarschscheissklumpvereckts :)

Schadenfreude on June 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Exactly, Herr Schadenfreude!

leckst, aber du macht mir lachen. Danke ;)

pillepalle on June 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM

wolverinefan on June 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Dashboards DO come in handy, Wolverine…so do seatbacks… ;-)

I so hope you decide to make the trip down! After everything you’ve been through, you need the break respite and Family Fellowship!

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Dashboards DO come in handy, Wolverine…so do seatbacks… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on June 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

That should be a no-brainer decision, Doctor’s orders with pain under control :) Hope you can, would be great for you to get away and be with family under the sun.

pillepalle on June 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM

…bluefox is back!…still missing wolfsDad!
…I have to check my email a little more often!…just saw I had warnings from days ago…I must not be repeating the same violation more that once …I haven’t been Sparked or Lanced yet!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 1:22 AM

KOOL,

Who sent the warning(s)???

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Um, MrKool, when Bmore and Schad tell you to turn it down a notch you should expect that you had warnings in your inbox. :) You were called the most vile poster on HA by someone (you should know who) yesterday … we need you, so watch yourself please!

pillepalle on June 5, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Poland isn’t tooooo far from Austria. Maybe the obamanation can stop by on the way to Normandy…

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM

…the boss.
…yes pp…I see there are several of them out…they know how to push the envelope…and when to back off…but it is a little too obvious to most of the people…the one you are talking about is a joke…he finds ‘spokeslut’ to be vile…I’m dialed back-like the growth in the economy!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 1:28 AM

…I think he speaks Austrian…he needs to find some kind of friendly country!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Omg, please no! As if the German tv isn’t showing his face every single day, when he is over here they have to show his speechifying too. Have to shut that off before I throw something at it. I will say, that is the one time I do not mind the German translation voice-over …

Thought his next stop was Brussels where he will do more speechifying?

pillepalle on June 5, 2014 at 2:02 AM

I’m dialed back-like the growth in the economy!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Coffee snorted out through your nose is NOT a nice thing!

pillepalle on June 5, 2014 at 2:04 AM

the boss.

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Don’t lie, Michelle Malkin didn’t email you. One of those beta boys did…

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM

where he will do more speechifying?

pillepalle on June 5, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Normandy. He’s finally going to a D-Day Rememberance after skipping it to golf before some fundraiser the previous 5 years…

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Champ – you are our ebullient one :) I thought you were vile in the beginning, too, you know. But then……..hahahaha…….I got you and you got me. Casual observers won’t take the time or care so flippin’ be careful, eh?

I know. . . that regardless of what anyone says (except your wife) you’ll just do what you do :)) She has your number. Oh, Champ’s wife? Please rein him in lol!

I’ve been thinking about and missing bluefox and wolfsDad too! Come home – come home to us, Gulchers!

I want to speak to every one of you but I’m just too dang tired. Roof stuff today..

So I’m just going to tuck all of you in and put some fluffy pillows under wolvie’s leg (tibia or fibula?)…………. Trust me, it’s okay to be a turtle woman for awhile :) We’ll be with you……..every step, starting in about three days :) Until then, I’m very grateful you aren’t in pain.

Prayers all ’round. Sleep tight, Gulchers.

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I’m dialed back-like the growth in the economy!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 1:51 AM

So glad you are…who would I banter back in forth with about Michigan football :)

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Bimalleolar…I really did a number on my ankle…the fluffy pillows are much appreciated :)

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM

I haven’t been Sparked or Lanced yet!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 1:22 AM

spark plug is gone? good grief why ???

conservative tarheel on June 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM

…ht/Ed

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM

spark plug is gone? good grief why ???

conservative tarheel on June 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

…one little statement…a little out of character…and I remember seeing it…and when I went to look for it later to see if he could claim a double entendre…it was gone. When Spark isn’t entertaining and really has something to say…he’s a very smart/astute individual.

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM

/Ed

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Figures…

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM

…anybody notice a lot of their posts going into moderation down here?…simple little posts even?

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM

No. But I still have a dot by my name in preview.

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Maybe the pissant put you on double secret probation…

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I’ve had a few go into moderation lately, but Bmore said it was because I had too many links in them (more than three)…

Maybe it’s an attempt to coax you into compliance?

Newtie and the Beauty on June 5, 2014 at 1:55 PM

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM

So very sorry :( Sigh. I’ve known a couple who experienced that along with similar surgery. Glad to know you’ll have the advantage of therapy! My Dad fell from a ladder in his 70′s – had a bit longer recovery as a result. A girlfriend had pins and plates placed in almost every bone on one side following a horrible motorcycle accident (in which her husband didn’t make it). She had also lost her 16 year old son only sixth months earlier. . . She has zero physical effects after the fact, remarried a few years later, and started a foundation to raise money for children who suffer the same (usually undetected) condition. She is truly an inspiration – and truly a wonderful woman to boot! Whenever I’m feeling sad about my own ‘stuff’, I only have to remember someone like her. . .

I hope you’ll be able to make the FLA trip with a driver you love. Remember, when one is forced to move slowly you really do get to stop and smell the roses so to speak ;) And as you regain mobility you will experience triumph after trimph! Driving again and all that. . . All the things we take for granted will bring new found joy.

At this stage I hope you have help with all necessities and someone to pamper you until you’re up and about. .

TTSP (this too shall pass), but I know it may seem overwhelming at times. . . Hang in there, wolvie!

Would you care for any special Gulch treats? :)

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 2:00 PM

OP-this posting hit home for me! You are so right…this to shall past. Their are many suffering or are incapacitated more then I. It takes an attitude adjustment…accept the situation and make the best of it.
I have a wonderful support system. My S.O. is taking good care of me. He’s been doing jobs close to home and can stop home to make lunch for me. Between family and friends I have many offers of help and people to talk to! Yes, I am fortunate. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

As for Gulch treats…ummm…let me think…maybe a chocolate chip cookies? lol

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Again Kool, be on your best behavior. Thinking you are being closely monitored!

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 2:40 AM

70 years and he wants to be Ronald Reagan, who died 10 years ago, today. He also thinks he’s Washington, Lincoln and FDR, but in reality is “chimpey” and Nixon or steroids, ironically.

He is really the Clarabell presidency, very destructive though.

Rest well, president Ronald Reagan. This punk doesn’t deserve to spit on your shoes.

Schadenfreude on June 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM

To be sure, Spark is always very smart and astute.

Reminder, he was banned by someone other than Ed. However, Ed is willing to reinstate him. Background work in progress.

Schadenfreude on June 5, 2014 at 3:00 PM

…testing…weeding…is not my favorite sport!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Excellent! And a special thank you to your S.O. from the Gulchers :) But you’re still allowed to cry on occasion – it helps, too :)

Giant, chocolate chip cookies are in the oven.

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM

…testing…weeding…is not my favorite sport!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Maybe just consider a little trimming – you’re good at that :) Did you finish those trees and bushes yet?

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM

wolverinefan, take good care and get well soon.

Schadenfreude on June 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Hmmm…how did you know I was shedding tears :(

I just hobbled outside to take the dogs out, what a beautiful day! Love the bow on the cookie…its delicious :)

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Schadenfreude on June 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Thanks Schad.

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I hope Sparky is reinstated soon. QOTD isn’t the same!

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM

…yes…done with that.
I wrote a big long post to wolvie…sent it…didn’t see it…sent it again where it warned me that I duped it. Then I did it as a document and sent it 10 times. WTF?

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM

What does “duped it” mean?

Can you send it cut up in several posts so it won’t get “duped”?

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM

duped = duplicated post

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I liked them better as cars

Gohawgs on June 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Pizza sized cookies all tied up with bows can’t be a bad thing :)

I know how serious, multiple layers of challenges feel, m’Dear.. so I guess I was just projecting :)

Meanwhile, notice how many hobblers of all kinds there are when you’re out and about. The beauty is yours will be relatively short-lived. Nonetheless, I know how hard it is so rinse and repeat with tears as necessary.

Once when I was low about something, I took myself outside to sit at my outdoor table. Looking down, I noticed an inchworm making it’s way s l o w l y across the patio. Then a fly hopped on it’s back and stayed there for a good 10 minutes as they traveled together up and down. I had to crack up as I knew God sent those two to cheer me up. Another time a ginormous monarch butterfly landed right next to my hand and then delicately climbed onto my baby finger and rested with me for a long time. Again, God was reminding me. . .

If you watch, He’ll send you incredible gifts – especially during this time. In that sense you will be more than Blessed. I’m going outside after this to drink in His artwork :) Glad you hobbled out. This is also your special time with Him…

I want to thank you for reminding me of my old friend earlier today. I have a call into to her to meet up for a long overdue lunch :)

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Maybe it was just too long? This may sound lame, but try turning off your computer for a little bit. Logging back in to HA may speed things up. Or change a few words and retry. . . [Or maybe you're getting a little patience lesson, too, hmmmm? lol] TTSP!

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

…duplicate…it seems you’ve already said that…like the ‘you’re posting to fast’ one.

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 7:46 PM

…just did a short one of a paragraph or two…damn!…if these all hit at once…the number of times I’ve sent them…we’re going to be on page 200!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 8:05 PM

..too fast!…I hate to and too!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I did an ‘into to’ right above you lol. Looking forward to all of them :)

Opinionator on June 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM

…short version…when you get off the drip and get onto the pill meds…monitor your pain wolvie…I took them for two or three months after…before I realized I didn’t need them…and it took me two or three months before I could sleep normally again…was getting addicted!

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Hmm…just responded to you and it didn’t show up! Wonder if using the name of a drug that starts with a “P” is not allowed?

Anyways, I’ve been taking a pain killer so once this drip is done, probably tomorrow, I’ll have it in my system. The nurse said I would “know “when I won’t need them but I guess that isn’t always true! Thanks, I will monitor myself.

wolverinefan on June 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Thats so strange! I can’t get back into QOTD comments, they are not there….

Gonna say Good Night from down here!!

Good Night all :)

Scrumpy on June 6, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Scrumpy on June 6, 2014 at 2:14 AM

G’night, Scrump, from one lol’er to another :) That is very weird. Gremlins are afoot.

Also a note to Bmore re QOTD:

I just want to know if you’ve updated Susan’s blog and whether she has any comments at all after all this time (!). The dog at least looks nice.

No need to apologize out there. We’re all feeling it. . .

Sleep very well, Gulchers.

Opinionator on June 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM

BTW Bmore….. She’s following you on twitter. Click on her tweets (if you haven’t already) and scroll down. And some Chinese woman tweeting in Chinese (my guesses)?? There will be a treasure trove for anyone who cares to investigate further.

G’night.

Opinionator on June 6, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Finally, news that doesn’t make you want to vomit!

Sleep well, Gulchers :) Coffee will be ready when you wake.

pillepalle on June 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM

pillepalle on June 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM

How refreshing! Now if other states, like Ohio, follow, their lead! You can not believe how many waiver days and teacher workdays we’ve had trying to change the curriculum to follow the Common Core goals. Not to mention the testing that is involved.

wolverinefan on June 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Finally, news that doesn’t make you want to vomit!

Sleep well, Gulchers :) Coffee will be ready when you wake.

pillepalle on June 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM

…there’s hope!…maybe down the road…a domino effect will occur…state by state!

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Opinionator on June 6, 2014 at 3:19 AM

…her name was spelt wrong!…(because she uses that ‘thingy’ and has a history of difficulty with it…she hit “u s a n “…between the S and the T!…she meant to hit the H and the I!

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Her iPad at Denny’s? HA!

Opinionator on June 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Now There Are Three: Oklahoma, South Carolina Join Indiana in Exiting Common Core

A total of 17 states have pushed back against Common Core–including Alaska, Nebraska, Texas, and Virginia, which declined to sign on rom the beginning. In Missouri, a bill to exit Common Core currently sits on the governor’s desk for approval.

Up to 21? Thanks for a bit of good news for once, PP. . .and for hot coffee :)

Opinionator on June 6, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Nicely done, Sarah.

Barack Hussein Obama, there you go again.

Opinionator on June 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Nicely done, Sarah.

Barack Hussein Obama, there you go again.

Opinionator on June 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM

…who can’t…at least ‘like’ that woman?

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Pls. welcome Parmenides with sparkling eyes.

Schadenfreude on June 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM

…or with sparkling champagne…

Schadenfreude on June 6, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Pls. welcome Parmenides with sparkling eyes.

Schadenfreude on June 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM

…I must have been tired or dense…it took me a while…and than I broke out the Zima!

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Schadenfreude.

Bmore on June 7, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Sorry, hit submit by mistake. Hush. Please.

Bmore on June 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Hush. Please.

Bmore on June 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Are you hunting wabbits???

Gohawgs on June 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hush. Please.

Bmore on June 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Parmenides: a new —- dedicated to truth and opinion.

What took y’all so long?

I’d welcome it with sparkling eyes, sparkling champagne and mimosas with umbrellas on top.

If I’m wrong, oh well :)

If I’m right, a feast will be in order. . .

Tucking you in, Gulchers.

Opinionator on June 7, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Good Morning Gulchers :)!!

I opened my local Lawton OK newspaper this morning and was faced with this headline: Officials (in OK) object to housing youths at Ft Sill.

Rep Cole Sen Inhofe and Gov Fallin are upset that Ft Sill is being asked to house and care for 600 and up to 1200 ILLEGAL children at the army base starting June 10th. This admin FAILED to notify about its plan to use our Mil. facilities to house these ILLEGAL children.

Cole called this approach “de facto amnesty”.

Another interesting piece to go along with this:
Americorps to provide LEGAL aid to these ILLEGALS!!

Atty Gen Holder has created a new arm of Americorps called ‘Justice Americorps’ and has enlisted the help of hundreds of lawyers and paralegals to assist these ILLEGALS once they arrive here. Holder said, and I quote, ” This new program represents a historic step to strengthen our justice system and protect the rights of the most vunerable members of OUR society.”

These ILLEGALS are NOT memebers of our society!!

The govt estimates that 60k to 90k CHILDREN TRAVELING ALONE could be apprehended at the US-Mexican border this year alone.

How is this happening you may ask?

The SA govts of various countries are running PSA’s on their local tvs, informing people that the US border is open and to send their kids, who will be housed and fed, and then they can follow on later once the kids are settled. Glenn Beck talked about this yesterday.

Wolly has been commenting on what has been happening down in TX, now it is drifting upwards, AZ has these kids flown in!! I guess here also or bussed in.

WTF can we, anyone do about this INVASION!!

I guess it may come down to our southern states individually closing our state borders…

This is INSANITY!!

Rant Off…

Scrumpy on June 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Pls. welcome Parmenides with sparkling eyes.

Schadenfreude on June 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM