Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 116 117 118 119 120

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Hiya stranger!
*waves*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Look at you!!! Waltzes right on in (after 100+ pages) and turns the page…

Bet you’re still glad to be out of PotterRahmville…

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Hey! Whassup?

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 12:28 AM

We hit 3 years here in April. Lovin’ it!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 30, 2014 at 1:01 AM

MORNIN’, OC…

Congrats on Sasse…

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Alt,

EVEN Lubboch is a step up from Rahmvile. A big step up…Plus no state income tax!

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 1:29 AM

MORNIN’, OC…

Congrats on Sasse…

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Thanks. I am pretty stoked about him…

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM

*waves*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM

A waving Twerp turn. That’s a first. LOL

Coffee’s on. I’m waiting on an appliance repair guy. The microwave is on the fritz. Two big political events this weekend. I’m a little frazzled.

Carry on, Gulchers. Enjoy your vacation, Koolaid Man. Wish I could take one.

Fallon on May 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2014 at 10:52 PM

KoolAid, I’m happy to know you’re alive and enjoying your vacation, for the most part ;-)

When you get back from vacation, you know where to go and whafo’… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on May 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Sparkie, do the right thing and hurry back!

Newtie and the Beauty on May 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hellooooo Gulchers,

Long time no talk! I’m going to try to catch up briefly, in shorthand :)

Champ and wolvie, so sorry I didn’t send you off on your FLA trips properly. I hope both of you are having great times with family and friends! Wolvie, I also hope your doc visit went more than satisfactorily. .

Bmore – thanks for the visit! :)) and photo of your beautiful berries. I trust that aside from jam, you were able to put some away for winter pies and rolly pollys.

PP – I recently bought some leggings, for use with long tops of course lol!

Well, Guys, it’s been a long week. One sleepless tight emptying pans of rainwater in my bedroom. Wrote a long missive to the insurance company in an effort to extract more cash for porch repairs. On Monday will hook up with grant woman to find more contractors for roof, etc. Had a bit of a scare with the doc – a couple of spots on my face turned out to be pre-cancerous and were frozen off (it only hurt a few minutes). . .

Fallon, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your beautiful and poignant description of white dress shopping. The sign!!! How perfect that you were led to finding the shop – and dress – for your daughter. Will look forward to future wedding updates :) Also, I’m with you in putting out a few annuals today – impatiens, trailing lobelia and sweet alyysum in pinks, purples and white. . Hope your political events are productive this weekend. Knock ‘em dead with your smile and ETC. HA! :))) I’ll look forward to chair shopping tomorrow morning with coffee. Thanks! Haven’t had time to even look yet.

Welcome to new and returning Gulchers. Very sorry to hear about Sparky. IMO, he and AXE are perhaps the wittiest of all on HA (and that’s saying something!). Hope he’ll be back soon.

Our Sarah’s been busy. Here are a few links to catch up without proper link etiquette: https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10152462480928588 and https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10152463499333588 Sorry I missed her on Hannity with a live audience last night!

Shinseki and Carney OUT. It’s only a tiny start.

Today I had to turn down an invitation to be one of a handful of caterers/vendors for the athletes and thousands and thousands of the public for five days of IRONMAN activities this summer. Sigh. Almost ranks up there with Gordon Ramsay. . Not quite, but I could have made a lot of moolah and fed people. Oh well. Maybe some day again. The door is open.

Okay, Guys. Headed into the sunshine and a day with flowers to balance my week. Will catch up with you just a bit later :))

I’m making Roman Steak for The House tonight. At least I can feed you ;)

Opinionator on May 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Happy you checked in Op, been thinking of you. That nasty c word again … glad you got those spots checked and taken care of, as for the pain, I would hope you will believe that it was worth it. To the roof, sorry about your wet nights and hope and pray that that ordeal is repaired for you soon (it has been too long already). Fresh air and sunshine are exactly what you need to bring your spirits up, enjoy planting!

Bummer on the catering deal, but only you know your limits. You do what is right for you no matter what. There will be other opportunites, so don’t dwell on it.

Roman steak sounds wonderful but I just returned from an evening of tapas (again) and a bottle of Spanish red wine. Happy and mellow, now to stay that way … will deal with the threads tomorrow.

pillepalle on May 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM

There is a traitor in our midst. Be wary.

Bmore on May 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

There is a traitor in our midst. Be wary.

Bmore on May 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

You mean, besides the Spelunker et al?…

Gohawgs on May 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM

There is a traitor in our midst. Be wary.

Bmore on May 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

They are socks of the old cabal of traitors. HA tolerates them, for his.

#cot

Schadenfreude on May 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM

There is a traitor in our midst. Be wary.

Bmore on May 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Yeah, it was funny when the sock found its way here without a link and didn’t think we’d notice. Doh!

I’m making Roman Steak for The House tonight. At least I can feed you ;)

Opinionator on May 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I had to look that up. Sounds delicious. Red wine anyone? Blackhawks anyone? No? Okay…

Fallon on May 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

They are socks of the old cabal of traitors. HA tolerates them, for his hits.

Schadenfreude on May 30, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Jazz just doesn’t work for me. Weekends(when I have time to post) are lame.

I(m sure he’s a nice guy. But being the weekend guy isn’t working.

Jt’s like he’s out of touch. Off in his own world of scotch and coddled eggs.

The comment #’s reflect as much.

wolly4321 on May 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Would someone please direct any lingering treacherous traitors to their very own special hammocks?

Gulchers are known for our hospitality.

Opinionator on May 31, 2014 at 1:28 PM

For non-cabally Gulchers, coffee’s on. (I know, I know and I’m sorry! Fallon’s busy and it is what it is (iiwii).) We also have lots of toad-in-the-holes and bacon, bacon, bacon this lovely Saturday morning.

Opinionator on May 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM

pillepalle on May 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Thanks, kiddo :) That pain was truly a walk in the park – maybe a 2 on a 10 point scale. Yes, I’m also glad they caught it and dealt with it!

As for IRONMAN, iiwii :)

Glad you had a tapas/wine, mellow evening. . . .

32 plantlings are settling in nicely. Now I just need to keep them alive! The raccoon that seems to love to dig in one planter as he makes his way to cat food doesn’t help. He uses the dirt to clean his food. Well, now at least he’ll have some fresh, delicious dirt to enhance his meal.

Opinionator on May 31, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Fallon on May 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

You looked it up – here or elsewhere?? I made it up about three pages ago lol. Okay now I’m going to look it up ‘out there’. . . If you meant this it does look decent. Amazing the NYT produced something of value!

I finished off the red wine and slept like a baby, thanks :)

Opinionator on May 31, 2014 at 2:00 PM

wolly4321 on May 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Wolly, aside from being in page building mode I’d like to extend an especially warm welcome to you. You don’t need any special invitation to rest easy with us in Sarah’s Gulch. We’re bringing in more special chairs for all newby’s (see below). But if you really want to experience all of the Gulch’s fine amenities, you’ll have to read The Book of Gulch. Bmore used to make every single newcomer (or at least some of them :) do that. It’s optional at this point. . .but like sipping a fine wine, it is really the only way to savor the flavor :)

We’ve laughed, cried, ranted, lamented, nurtured each other and pulled our individual and collective hairs out together! Most importantly, we are family. Welcome!

Opinionator on May 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Oh, and wolly? Fallon is our Finest Hostess in the World and everyone is kind enough to put up with my passion for feeding people. [Even our Guys who may think recipes are stupid and beneath HA like to eat here!] Let’s face it, our daily news and political diet hardly provides anything more than heartburn, hot gas and annoyance. . . .

About those chairs. Fallon shopped for sources for us back on 117:

OP, found some indoor chairs here, here and here. You get first pick.

Fallon on May 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Wow. Now I’m torn. All look quite cozy :) In the first I could rest my head and not fall over when taking a nap. In the second all I would probably ever do is take naps. But the third!! Nice clean lines and color. A bit laid back and a bit fringy. I could drape my legs over the sides. . . Yep, number three is for me! Thanks :)))

Have at it, newby’s! And if there’s anything your big hearts desire, we can rustle it up for you in the blink of a link. . . We have unlimited cash, here. Fallon set up our own Gulch Department of the Treasury a long, long time ago. We feel free to dip in for whatever we want, kind of like ‘our betters’ do with ours theirs.

Opinionator on May 31, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Kool, dial it back. If not you’ll be gone. Trust me bud. I will bring you up to speed when I see you. We will have to do it via email. In the mean time heed my warning.

Bmore on May 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Kool, in fact go as soon as you can and apologize for your 6:33 a.m. comment at QOTD. Do it now. A storm is coming. Do it now!

Bmore on May 31, 2014 at 5:30 PM

This is BS.

KCB on May 31, 2014 at 5:46 PM

A storm is coming. Do it now!

Bmore on May 31, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Please share what you can.

Champ, we cannot afford to lose you!

Hi Ken. If you mean the recent round of time outs/worse. . .what the heck is going on?

Opinionator on May 31, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Hot here in Ohio country and hotter tomorrow.

crankyoldlady on May 31, 2014 at 6:45 PM

If you’re going to go off the rails it’s best not to do it online.

crankyoldlady on May 31, 2014 at 6:55 PM

That ain’t mud, folks…

Kool is ok unless establishment Ed is in one of his moods…And/or AP isn’t embarrassed by comments on RedState about Lourdes’ 17 hour lying liars lying rant…

Gohawgs on May 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Bmore on May 31, 2014 at 5:30 PM

…Hi bud!…just got in from Florida. I like that drive up Georgia on 95…………….way better than EVER getting near Atlanta!
…I guess I get wet!…shouldn’t have used the word “b!tch’…(when it is!) …nothing wrong with the phrase after the “/” either.
I may start dialing it up!…that one has a very crappy disposition. I’ve seen the “mean” in “its purpose” down here periodically…you lurk enough and see what she does at times upstairs.
The other day…when it blatantly threw OW under the bus!…I thought when I got back…I might start bringing out the ratchet again…like the old days (a year or two ago).
I couldn’t bother while I was on va-ca…their internet wi-fi was like a tortoise dial up…and it kept kicking you off every two or three minutes!…was cool though!…my kids were so frustrated…after just one day…the lap tops went into the suit cases…and we had fun and conversations…like 10 years ago!
Imagine that!

KOOLAID2 on June 1, 2014 at 5:17 AM

I see trouble on the way. Now if only I understood what kinda trouble … best to lurk.

Coffee is on and a happy Sunday to you all, Gulch family.

pillepalle on June 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Coffee is on and a happy Sunday to you all, Gulch family.

pillepalle on June 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Same to you. I know somebody in Germany. He always says greetings from rainy___, or sunny___. Whatever the weather is.

crankyoldlady on June 1, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Good news

Schadenfreude on June 1, 2014 at 6:30 PM

and we had fun and conversations…like 10 years ago!
Imagine that!

KOOLAID2 on June 1, 2014 at 5:17 AM

I am happy for you and yours. : ) Do you remember where the place was I informed you I needed to be away for two weeks or so for ***? If you do, don’t say where it is. Just go there.

Bmore on June 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Bmore on June 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Intrigue…..

KCB on June 1, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Intrigue…..

KCB on June 1, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Nope.

Bmore on June 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I smell pie. Delicious pie.

KCB on June 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Later, a bit later. Lolz!

Bmore on June 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Bmore, #cot.

Schadenfreude on June 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Bmore on June 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

…got it!…no big deal!…all I do…is “needle” trolls.

KOOLAID2 on June 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM

KOOL, stay cool. You’re needed here.

Schadenfreude on June 1, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Bmore on June 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM

You and your subversive music…Same as it ever was…

Gohawgs on June 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I’m a little irked.

There’s a reason I fought to keep this place safe from way back in the beginning – remember Champ? Bmore?

I am tired of people giving information to the world up there – who aren’t even Palin supporters to begin with – and who haven’t bothered to stick with us or participated for over a year, here.

You want it for your little hideaway to speak in tongues about intrigue and coming storms?

What about those who you lead here with all the talk up there about this place?

The bigger storm is outside HA – and the ‘trolls’ who follow us here.

BEWARE, Gulchers. There is a reason I rarely speak up top. It’s not because my only focus is upon recipes and chairs.

BEWARE.

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 3:45 AM

From Mama Grizzly’s facebook page:

UPDATED:
Barak Obama just released Islamic terrorists from GITMO, exchanging the murderers for a soldier who ended up in enemy hands five years ago amidst unexplained circumstances. Obama glowingly suggests now that he succeeded in negotiating with terrorists to seal the deal, violating America’s agreement with our allies that we would not be so reckless, short-sighted and stupid as to negotiate with terrorists – and now these Islamists who hate us are free to go about their business of killing us. Meanwhile, we have a U.S. Marine detained in Mexico who is ignored by Obama – it’s like someone said: “our Marine is the ONLY one Obama won’t let cross the border.” Obama needs to hop on Air Force One and visit our neighbors to the south to seal THAT deal because surely the Commander-in-Chief lives up to his word and 230 years of U.S. Military ethos promising we “leave no one behind.”

This feel-good story doesn’t feel real good, America. The timing of this is to distract from the VA scandals and other Obama Error disasters. Now more than ever we need a cornerstone of our democracy to do its job and get the answers to what the devil is going on in the White House. Media, that would be you. You prove yourselves idiots if you take for an answer that there’s nothing amiss on this one either, “not even a smidgen.”

As for the released soldier, let’s hope he can enjoy his freedom back home. It would be wonderful for him to make it back to Idaho in time for Father’s Day. Perhaps around a traditional all-American barbeque for pops, he can convince his dad there’s no need to continue his anti-American rants that tear the fabric of the flag to which his son pledged allegiance.

See this article for more on that:

White House Breaks the Law Releasing These Gitmo Terrorists, Of Course Claims “Exigent Circumstances”

These concerns were passed on to me today. There will be much follow up on this very concerning situation, if the media does it’s job. Let’s have faith that light will shine truth in all this, via media or elected Republican leaders who are now asking questions about the Obama Administration’s continual disregard for law. What do you think?

“The current Democrat administration has just released the 5 most dangerous detainees held at Gitmo in exchange for Army SGT Bowe Bergdahl. The terrorists which Obama approved for release are high ranking Taliban leaders and are responsible for murdering countless Americans (these 5 are also credited with forging working relationships with the terror group Al Qaeda in a joint effort to slaughter as many Americans as possible).

So let’s get this straight, Democrats admit to breaking the law, again, (with justification of course) all in an effort to free Islamic butchers so they can pick up where they left off in terrorizing and murdering Americans and innocents around the globe.”

This concerned American also linked the following:

I’ve been to the beautiful state of Idaho many times; t’was born there. Can’t recall EVER thinking it was much like Afghanistan.

- Sarah Palin

pillepalle on June 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM

The bigger storm is outside HA – and the ‘trolls’ who follow us here.

BEWARE.

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 3:45 AM

To add to Pille’s Sarah post…

From Sarah’s brother, “Does anybody else out there think that the world has become a more dangerous place after the Bergdahl exchange? Something feels very wrong here.”

Coffee’s on.

You know that hell is freezing over when a room full of Illinois’ Republicans feels somewhat optimistic. Weird stuff.

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Further thoughts. The internet is a big rope web. Rope can be very useful, but given enough rope…

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Opinionator, a few items, respectfully, just for the historical record:

1. HA is not your site/blog, and that includes this thread.

2. There are many people, on all sides, who know how to use Google, extremely well. It takes them one second to figure things out.

3. One of yours gave away this gulch, naively. Out of respect I will not name the person. It’s all available to see. From there the enemies found it.

4. Conjecture is not your friend.

5. None of it has anything to do with Sarah Palin.

And, most important of all, whom you think are your foes are not.

HA is infested with obama-operators, set to destroy us/HA, and it seems that the DIABLO/RINOs of HA are helping out a lot.

Bmore knows exactly what’s going on.

Meant in the best of ways, since there are very big fish to fry, outside of HA. HA is just a symbolic microcosm of what ails the USA.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Op, its why I left. Patience. Please extend me some patience on all this. It will come soon enough.

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I was worried about you over the weekend. Glad to see you.

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM

…I noticed he’s been dialing it down lately!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I was worried about you over the weekend. Glad to see you.

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Tried to tell you that I was #cot for Spark. It makes me incredibly mad that the good ones go and the trash remain, no matter what.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 8:56 AM

…beside the Bergadahl exchange…releasing 36,000 criminals into the general public scares the hell out of me!…I know how much effort it takes…just to get authorities to even get to the point to even go after them and use resources…to get them into prison…only the ‘tip of the ice-berg’…go to prison.

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Sorry, not discounting your friendly concern, Bmore. Thank you.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM

#cot

…I’m a little dense today!…I think I know what you’re saying.

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:53 AM

…Applehead too.

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:51 AM

And all the influx of illegals, often children, dumped into AZ, to punish Brewer for going against the oaf, and into Texas…most not from Mexico, but the rest of the Central/South-American latrines…

obama is a traitor to the land and needs to be punished for it. Alas, the wussies in DC deserve the same. Boehner enables him, and thus is more culpable.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM

…Applehead too.

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Quit worrying about him, in a good way.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM

…I’m a little dense today!…I think I know what you’re saying.

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Was not commenting for days, in protest of SparkPlug being banned.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM

; ) : )

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Or should that read? # ; ) : ) Lolz!

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

…surprising how inept the left appears… to some!…when they are scarily experienced masters at what they are doing!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM

They are always totalitarian thugs, friend. They need to be fought as such, not with silky gloves, at all levels.

Just be more subtle on how you want them to go. Need you in the fight.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

And, for the record, many of us have given the address here, under mostly naively, friendly circumstances, myself included.

I love a good mystery but this stuff is getting weird. I’m guessing there is a big shake-up coming to HA. Maybe, Prince Alwaleed has bought a majority interest? LOL… or not.

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM

[lays out spork for Sparkie...]

*sniff*

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 4:18 PM

[lays out spork for Sparkie...]

*sniff*

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Wipe away the tears. We’re holding a fundraiser tonight, PSSD. Pork on a spork for the Spark in the dark.

I wish I was better at this, lol.

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I keep listening for the swoosh swoosh swoosh of his propeller :-(

You did better than I could, Fallon! Thank you for the light at the end of the tunnel! :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I suffer no delusions of grandeur regarding thread/site ownership, Schad (??!!). I’m sorry you felt the need to suggest otherwise. I am also well aware of the nature of HA’s infestation and our foes.

Regardless of the history of the Gulch and who’s said what when, I see zero utility in even mentioning this thread at this point in time. Or for some to answer questions about it, or feel compelled to describe it as a place where Palin supporters congregate. Such information only encourages googlers. And it does have to do with Palin in the sense that her supporters have extra large X’s on our backs in the eyes of our foes.

I expressed my opinion in an effort to prevent additional unwelcome eyes here. I care a very great deal about our Gulch family. We obviously live in dangerous times.

People are free to take or leave my opinions like any others expressed on HA.

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Bmore on June 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Will do because I happen to trust you. As I’ve often admitted, patience has never been my forte. . .

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Glad to see you back, Champ! We missed you.

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM

HA! I’m guessing the same as to the first. As to the second, literally nothing would surprise me at this point.

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM

…I love you Op!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I wish I was better at this, lol.

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM

…heck!…I don’t know!…you make me laugh!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM

…I love you Op!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Thanks, I really needed that :) You know I love you too!

Opinionator on June 2, 2014 at 5:05 PM

As soon as I logged out of the Gulch, this appears on FB:

“I don’t have to agree with you to enjoy your food, or like you, or even respect you,” he added.

Hardwick said that what he sees in general is people being “dismissive” of those with whom they disagree, an attitude (Anthony) Bourdain said he found “intolerable and unforgivable.” As a “New York liberal,” he may be conditioned to not like “red state America” where everyone has Sarah Palin stickers on their cars, he said he actually has a great time in those places and finds a way to get along with the people who live there.

Bourdain contrasted that attitude with the one he sees on networks like MSNBC. “I hate preaching to the converted,” he said. “A nightmare would be for me to sit in a room where everybody totally agrees with everything I say.”

Hmmm… I haven’t seen a Sarah Palin sticker on a car in years, but I get what he’s saying. She does live rent free in a lot of liberals’ heads though, lol. Going back to what OP said, liberals still use her as the litmus test to identify us as “the other”.

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Bmore knows exactly what’s going on.

Schadenfreude on June 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Am I reading all of this correctly…their are some (maybe many) who are trying to get many regulars banned on HA? Many we think are friends are in fact working for the enemy? Does it go as high up as the owners of the site? The purpose is to silence all opposition? It will only increase the closer we get to the elections? Open registrations are a magnet for the trolls and hired Obama trolls to infiltrate the site?

What bothers me the most is the friction it is creating among those of us on the same side so to speak. We have to stick together and support one another. Divide and conquer seems to be the strategy and sometimes I think they are succeeding :(

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Kool…hope you enjoyed the trip to Florida with the kids! The place wasn’t the same around here without you :)

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Opinionator on May 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

OP…the Florida trip is off the table! I broke my ankle Sat. night and I’m scheduled for surgery tomorrow! Yep, this is just what I needed now // I’m not talking about it-to upsetting :(

On the bright side I will have plenty of time to spend on HA, lurking or otherwise.

Glad to see you you are doing well, I thought we had lost you there for awhile!

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM

…the wi-fi wasn’t any good there…hoped to catch up…instead…I gave up!
…broke your ankle?…ok…I won’t talk about it!………..geeeeeeeeeez!

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Fallon on June 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM

…on my trip…I still saw Bush stickers on cars and trucks…(no Senile Senator or Romney left overs!)…whenever I saw an OBlowMe sticker on a bumper…for some reason…I had to stare at the driver as I blew by…and my hand and finger uncontrollably jerked up in front of my uncontrollable nodding head…much to my families verbal consternation as they ducked down in their seats… every time they happened to see a certain color scheme on an upcoming bumper!…I don’t know what they were embarrassed for!………….and I don’t know why they were warning each other…I was busy driving and wouldn’t have noticed a number of them!…heck!…their consternation made me crossover several lanes a couple of times…so my car and my body would have those uncontrollable actions!………what’s up with that?

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM

OMG!!! Thanks for the laugh! My kids would probably tell me to pull over and they’d get out and walk to FLorida. lol

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 9:51 PM

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I hope for a speedy recovery.

KCB on June 2, 2014 at 10:16 PM

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Prayers for a successful surgery from your doctors to you, Wolverine! May your recovery be speedy as well!

Newtie and the Beauty on June 2, 2014 at 10:40 PM

wolverinefan on June 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Oh………………………………

I will pamper you.

Prayers.

Tucking you in – and all the Gulchers.

When you wake up, wolvie, know that I’ll be honored to hobble along with you for a spell.

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Schadenfreude:

I believe you and I need a clearing of the air.

Remember that night you were in league with A-C (spit) against me for defending someone who touted Sarah’s spiritual bent? Fortunately, L2G brought sanity to that exchange. But the dark side trailed into this thread. . .where he met his demise. Haven’t heard from him for awhile now. Thank you, God.

I do.

I don’t believe you have a modicum of respect for Gulchers or Sarah Palin or me, quite frankly.

You may be our current Hall Monitor but that doesn’t mean I’m on your team.

You show zero respect for Palin – or us.

You defend the likes of fishface and A-C.

You lead people here.

You denigrate this place. For example, you suggested to RWM that this Gulch isn’t that ‘big word’ Gulch. Well, it might surprise you I’m sure to find out that I named it after Ayn Rand’s gulch.

Surprised? We are all just so stupid here, right?

I’ll show you respect when you do the same.

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Aside from all that, Schad?

I am very much concerned for your own safety.

I agree with 97% of what you post.

But I am worried for you! Please stay safe, Schad.

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Is it possible to kick somebody off here?

crankyoldlady on June 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Is it possible to kick somebody off here?

crankyoldlady on June 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM

?????????????

pillepalle on June 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM

…I didn’t realize there was an undertow going on here…it looked so calm on the surface!
I think from what I see…two people that I really love can work this out. I think there maybe a little misunderstanding. Some people can really express their feelings…and some of us suck!
I always think I’m pretty astute to people’s feelings…but personally I suck at expressing emotional feelings. I think it’s a male sexist deficiency thing with me…you know…European parents…etc…(the men can’t cook either) . Thank gawd my bride has always been able to read between the lines. Yes…sometimes I can find what I’m feeling on a Hallmark card…and use that…or once in a while jot something down and leave it……….sometimes…when watching a movie and there is some romantic or some other emotional touchy/feely thing going on…I get to verbally express myself…citing that scene…as to my feelings about something………………….but generally…I SUCK at expressing my feelings…and I think most men do!
You know those two cable channels that always show ‘chick flicks’ and the women think men should go away and watch sports…while they watch ‘their film’!…*whispers (un-ashamedly) *… my bride and girls let me stay!………..*barely whispers into your ear-so no one else can hear*… they say… It brings out my ”feminine side”…so most of the time my girls laugh at me when I say stuff during the show…but my bride knows that I don’t have 2 x chromosomes when it comes to expressing my emotions…and encourages that y chromosome…when I make the attempt. (:->)
He11! … I don’t why I just wrote this drivel!
…I’m just saying Op…we all have different levels of sensitivity…and express ourselves differently…and don’t mean to be detrimental.

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Is it possible to kick somebody off here?

crankyoldlady on June 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM

…just Trollcot or Sockcot them by 100% of the people…after a period of time…it drives them insane and they get desperate and get so stupid they end up saying stuff that gets them banned…works every time!…If not…some just leave and come back much later…or as a sock after an open reg.

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I look forward to the day I can wake up in the morning, read the headlines and not want to vomit.

Harbingeing on June 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM

This, a million times this. Every.Single.Day. And it is only getting worse. Sad because the two young men that grace my life will get caught up in what is coming. They are why I stay aware of what is going on at home, the rest of my family can take care of themselves.

pillepalle on June 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Schadenfreude:

I believe you and I need a clearing of the air.

Not really, because my nom really exists to not give a damn.

I do.

I don’t, but I fully stand by all my fights, against the left/right. Some may have been wrong. At this point I don’t care. I usually don’t care about old and gone waters.

I actually like some of the these gulchers, a lot. I know SP better than you ever will and always told you the truth about her. I not only respect her, I love her. I have occasionally, very honestly, laughed at some of the worshipers of SP. Some of you understood and some of you never will. It still will change nothing of what SP does, which I reported honestly over time.

On the respect, meh, it’s overrated, both ways.

You may be our current Hall Monitor but that doesn’t mean I’m on your team.

I’m not anything other than a freedom-fighter for the right side, as opposed to the wrong one. I never asked that you be on my team.

You show zero respect for Palin – or us.

You are totally blind then but I fight for your freedom to be wrongly opinionated.

You defend the likes of fishface and A-C.

When they are right I even defend the slave of HA, libfreeordie. It’s extremely rare, but I’ve done it, and will continue to do so. I have that right. Try to take it away and you become them.

You lead people here.

You are a liar. I tried subtly to communicate with Bmore and others and I will not communicate by e-mail, because I’m watched by the true enemies of all of us. I have worked my ass off to get Lance back and doing things you’ll never know about, to help the right side. One of your very close-knit ones lead the enemies to here. It’s someone you love.

You are dead wrong. I tried to inform RWM that the two gulches were being confused…the Koch person was confused too…I like it that the two gulches are confusing to those who s/b in the dark.

Surprised? We are all just so stupid here, right?

Never considered anyone stupid, except the truly obtuse leftist thugs, whom I despise. None of us are Einsteins, to be sure.

I’ll show you respect when you do the same.

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Truly, and you can take this to the bank. I neither seek it, nor care to focus to give it. I’m here to fight for the right, as opposed to the dark wrong, which has engulfed the world, but very sadly the land. That’s all.

Best to you, always and be cheerful. You imagine a lot of what is not there, or is wrong.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Btw, Op, I was late getting here because the Bergdahl story is very near, too close for comfort, and lots going on above.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Is it possible to kick somebody off here?

crankyoldlady on June 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM

No matter what you meant, this statement is incredible, in the history of HA. Think about it.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I am very much concerned for your own safety.

I agree with 97% of what you post.

But I am worried for you! Please stay safe, Schad.

Opinionator on June 3, 2014 at 3:54 AM

You should never worry. I will say it how it is, as a proud and free U.S. American. If/when they get to me, I will gladly die for what I believe in. It will be the ultimate of all ironies if the goons kill me, or have me killed.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM

In case you wonder, dear friend, KOOL, I will post here every time I want, unless I don’t want to :)

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM

One more item, Ayn Rand, heh.

Thank God she’s dead. I wish she’d be here to fight the left/RINOs, but I’m glad she is dead. She was the most prescient of all the people.

The world deserves all it’s getting. Stupid people deserve to be sheep, especially when they vote to be exploited. Masses can’t help themselves.

Now a full 1/4 of all the U.S. Americans are on one or the other form of handouts. See Drudge. It’s truly despicable to observe.

Rest well my beloved AR.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Wolverine, I pray all went well during your Opening Day Ceremony. Prayers ascending for a full and speedy recovery!

Newtie and the Beauty on June 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM

…well…not quite the Rodney King thing I was looking for…but hey…he drowned anyway.

Schadenfreude on June 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM

…hey!…I know you better than you think!…it took me a while to get used to Mark Levin and Michael Savage too!…not everybody I like…is a Bill Bennett!
Wolvie…do you get a walking cast eventually?…surgery is a lot more serious then just “setting it”…so crutches it is for a while…but don’t push yourself!…when I was young and dumber than I am now…I mangled my foot and was supposed to be on crutches for 6 to 8 weeks…and ended up on them for a year because I thought I could still go off of diving boards if I could tape plastic around the cast…or hop up and down 3 flights of stairs without crutches in the dormitory…I always ended up at the podiatrist for some reason… where I was only within a week or so of being off the crutches. Wasn’t worth it!
pp!…watch out for yours!…God be with them while these kooks are in office!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM