Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 112 113 114

bluefox and Fallon

…(I was… briefly on the Harry Reid thread…figuratively/literally kind of statement got me some emails that I never checked…until I couldn’t get in!)…you have a good Easter too!…will be in a good place to yammer!)

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM

….okay – I have posted in “The Gulch”……think I did before…..but I just wanted to make it official….

williamg on April 18, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Welcome back, williamg! Your cabin is still available. We’ve scheduled a helicopter Easter egg drop for Sunday, so enjoy the temporary peace and quiet in the Gulch.

And, happy “triumphant return” page turn, Kool. It is a fitting honor.

IRL – We had a large family gathering last week, so I am dragging my feet on the Easter meal. I need to kick myself in the posterior to get going on this.

Fallon on April 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Well, first congrats on the page turn Mr. Kool!! It’s been some time since you turned it:-)

I never made it to the Reid thread. If you received warnings, then lay low for awhile:-)

bluefox on April 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM

williamg on April 18, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Ok, now Fallon will get your membership card:-)

Have a Blessed Easter Holiday too williamg!

bluefox on April 18, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I posted our Gulch link on last night’s QOTD for crankyoldlady just awhile ago.

bluefox on April 18, 2014 at 11:02 AM

And here I am. I can’t believe this has been going on so long. Good thoughts for all of you with health problems.

crankyoldlady on April 18, 2014 at 1:19 PM

bluefox on April 18, 2014 at 11:02 AM

crankyoldlady on April 18, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Welcome to the Gulch COL!! It’s a neat place as you will find and hope you’ll be back often as you like. We do everything. Fallon is our Hostess, OP (Opinionator) is our Master Chef. I must warn you we do a lot of chitting & chatting down here, LOL

Oh, OP is also our Purchaser in Chief too. Whatever we want, she buys.

Wishing you a Happy Easter Holiday. Enjoy your posts upstairs too.

I have a busy weekend and then a Family birthday and a Family Wedding next Saturday!

bluefox on April 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Good news and bad news. I’m NOT getting laid off for 7 months, but everybody below me is. I would be getting laid off, but one of the senior guys(UAW…yeah yeah!) is taking a voluntary layoff till he retires…which kept me in my job.

God is good, and He works in mysterious ways!

I’m trying to be a rock for the younger guys getting laid off. This is a horrible time to lose a job like this that pays well and doesn’t require a degree or certifications.

Murphy9 on April 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM

God is good, and He works in mysterious ways!

Murphy9 on April 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Yes He does! Good to hear you won’t be layed off after all. With this employment situation a layoff is terrible. Hopefully, you will be able to help those under you in some way.

bluefox on April 19, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I plan on posting this on Ed’s Sunday Reflections, but thot I’d share it here first.

Resurrection Painting

or this one: http://www.cbn.com/tv/1549446100001

bluefox on April 19, 2014 at 2:33 PM

That Resurrection Painting, was from C4P by commenter Palmerguy. I thot I saved the link, but can’t find it.

bluefox on April 19, 2014 at 2:50 PM

INC, if you happen to stop by, I want to wish you a Happy Easter with your family. Nice to see you upstairs. I left a comment for you.

Other than concern about the state of the Country, I hope you & family are doing well.

bluefox on April 19, 2014 at 3:06 PM

…Happy Easter to every one of you!
…Love each and every one of you!

KOOLAID2 on April 20, 2014 at 1:32 AM

My prayer for those who enter HotAir, especially Gulchers …

Ephesians 1 ….

15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

pambi on April 20, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Happy Easter, Peeps!

Sending lots of love. . .and an extra dose of prayers for all of you today. God is putting up with all my yapping. . .

The church bells are ringing gloriously just a few blocks from me.

Especially today, I have great hope.

We will all be just fine, Dear Gulchers.

Opinionator on April 20, 2014 at 12:53 PM

…off to Church…and the sis-in-law is cooking!

KOOLAID2 on April 20, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Revelation 1:17,18
I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Murphy9 on April 20, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Happy Easter, Gulchers!

Is it time to start eating the leftovers yet?

Fallon on April 20, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Happy Easter, Gulchers!

Is it time to start eating the leftovers yet?

Fallon on April 20, 2014 at 8:39 PM

*burp*

On yeah!

Murphy9 on April 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Happy Easter, Gulchers!

Is it time to start eating the leftovers yet?

Fallon on April 20, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Happy Easter to all!

All ready accomplished! Even had a second piece of chocolate cream pie. I’ll have to hit the gym every day this week to make up for the extra, extra calories….ugh!!!

wolverinefan on April 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM

…leftovers?…oh gosh!…I had to put sweat pants on! I’m so full I don’t think I can eat till tomorrow night. Tenderloin, ham, roast beef, kielbasa, party potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, asparagus, cauliflower, Greek salad, two other kinds of salad and other stuff I couldn’t even look at!
…I am writing down that potato recipe wolvie had upstairs…sounds interesting. Hope everyone had a good Easter!

KOOLAID2 on April 20, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Congrats on the page turn, Kool…

Which mamby pamby DLW sent you the email(s)???

Add rice and you’ve found me…

Gohawgs on April 21, 2014 at 12:44 AM