Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 118 119 120

Scrumpy on June 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

…and guess who’s paying for all this!…so glad the politburo press is raging about this 24/7!…so glad that the House leadership is on top of this 24/7 too! W T F ?

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

…wow!…20% on the way toward a bicentennial thread!

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2014 at 11:57 AM

120 !!! WTG, Champ!

Opinionator on June 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Ah, so sparkling enthusiasm it is. I always finish QOTD the next morning.

I liked my theory, too. Perhaps a feast is still in order.

Opinionator on June 7, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Opinionator on June 7, 2014 at 12:19 PM

…yep!…hope everything finds you ok!
I’m finally planting flowers…beginning of June?…haven’t trusted the evenings until now…and I don’t have time to bring things in and cover them up. Planted 3 flats yesterday and see already that the deer have been pulling some out…and then spitting them back…right in the pots by the porch. The raccoons and skunks like to create havoc too for some reason digging around in the fresh dirt…but that stops once the plants get established…so I do a patrol every morning for a couple of weeks replanting what they dig out.

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2014 at 12:43 PM

June is busting out all over. The sun has been out full blast all day so it was kind of hot. I lost a lot of plants in the cold this winter and the only thing I have trouble with is the cats diggin in the containers before the plants are up. I cover them with various pieces of fencing.

crankyoldlady on June 7, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Hey.

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM

crankyoldlady on June 7, 2014 at 5:29 PM

…you feeling better?
…yes tough winter is right… most of my evergreen type bushes got hit with freezer burn or something…it wasn’t wind burn I don’t think since the darn things were covered totally by snow for a couple of months. Looks awful.

Hey.

davidk on June 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM

…Hey You!

…I’ve trimmed them hoping that some new growth will pop up under the brown

KOOLAID2 on June 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM

That butterfly bush I cut back in early spring didn’t make it :(
I’ve heard the cold weather did alot of damage to alot of stuff…so I’m blaming the cold weather!

wolverinefan on June 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM

…Hey You!

…I’ve trimmed them hoping that some new growth will pop up under the brown

KOOLAID2 on June 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM

…didn’t even notice that ^
that was to col above that! …lol!

KOOLAID2 on June 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

That butterfly bush I cut back in early spring didn’t make it :(

wolverinefan on June 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Yeah, I lost my butterfly bush, 3/4′s of a Japanese Maple and five rose bushes. The rabbits are fighting my attempts to grow some vines, new roses and various perennials. Grrr…

From this morning upstairs:

workingclass artist on June 8, 2014 at 7:45 AM

My perennials and rose bushes are being decimated, eaten to the ground, by the rabbits this year, so I decided to set out a trap and relocate a few of the varmints. This morning, I caught a little baby bunny. I couldn’t help myself. I let it go. I told hubby what I did and he said, you should go down and work at the border. Doh!

They are sending children for a reason.

Fallon on June 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Fallon on June 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Oh, Hey, Koolaid Man!

Congrats on the W T F page turn. Very appropriate.

The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 120

The number 120 can symbolize a divinely appointed time of waiting. After God saw how sinful and dedicated to evil man had become after the garden of Eden, he determined a one hundred and twenty year period would be given for repentance and then the flood waters would come (Genesis 6:1 – 3).

The meaning of the number 120 is seen in its Exodus role when Israel left Egyptian bondage. Scripture states that the Israelites who left Egypt had 600,000 men (Exodus 12:37). When the Egyptians heard about their former slaves leaving the country they complained to Pharaoh, who then amassed 600 chariots to pursue the children of Israel (14:5 – 7). 600,000 is 120 times 5,000 and 600 is 120 times 5.

We also find 120 playing a part in the Book of Revelation. In the end time, God will save 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel for 144,000 (120×1,200) total (Revelation 7).

Appearances of the number one-hundred twenty

After Jesus’ resurrection and ascension to heaven, 120 disciples that were gathered in Jerusalem chose a successor to Judas Iscariot (who committed suicide) to be among the special eleven disciples who were witnesses of Christ’s entire ministry (Acts 1:14 – 26).

How is the number 120 related to captivity?

One hundred and twenty is a factor in the number of Kingdom of Judah captives who returned to Jerusalem and the land of Palestine from Babylon. According to the book of Ezra, 42,360 captives (120×353) came back to resettle the land (Ezra 2:1, 64).

So, there’s that to contemplate… :-D

Oh, I made a mixed berry cobbler for tonight. I’m making a couple of batches of homemade baked potato chips, too, for snacking or dinner, if they last that long. There’ll be a blue cheese and a French onion dip to go with them.

Fallon on June 8, 2014 at 4:32 PM

My heart is heavy but I know Dredd and the rest of the gossip mongers/crew will have a great time with this post! Have at it!!!!!! My parting gift, Gulchers. .

I cannot bear to wake up in the morning to QOTD people who I’ve never met or even talked to wanting ‘get the goods’ on a Schad and I exchange – or for him to give his rendition which forgets mine and further denigrates me……..or high fives from Scrumpy to Schad in the midst……….

I cannot bear to wake up to paralysis and my leaking roof,
as I’m one of the awful 25% on the dole everyone disdains (and Schad recently denigrated here) for getting back what I paid in high taxes into the fund and which is what you’ll get if YOU get paralyzed!!!! Do you even know that your disability payment is based upon what YOU paid in taxes?? I am at the high end and cannot survive on it without food banks. I’m horrible for being one of the 25%, no?

I cannot bear to hear that I’m supposedly ‘owning this thread or web site’, merely because I’ve loved you here and tried to protect you.

I cannot bear getting slammed because I don’t think the world of RWM (her legal analysis with respect to “birther” issues, for example, is faulty (she thinks anyone who questions his credentials are, ultimately, nuts) – or Schad – who professes to ‘love’ SP and ‘know her better than I ever will’ (talk about hutzpuh!) but hasn’t even been here at Sarah’s Gulch for over 100 pages!!!………and who calls people like me who merely support her names like “worshiper” – how blasphemous indeed lol.

I cannot bear to watch the old LGF crew – I was one of you – delight in perpetual troll wars and find every scintilla of nothingness to fault people with you don’t know or even care to know! Bunch of highschoolers……………. Gangs who flay a bright attorney who dares to challenge your ‘chosen’ BRITISH attorney, or someone who has heart and is, in fact, spiritual.

For defending people like that I have been flayed, over and over again.

And yet, we’ve known each other for a very long time. I was banned twice at the end of LGF as we once knew it. You would know me be my name there. I was spiritual then, too…..I pleaded for you to give up the troll games there, too.

I fought jihadis on the earliest of blogs………and got the CIA involved – who sent USCENTCOM instead to deal with it.

I will continue to do whatever I can to “restore” (HT SARAH PALIN) our nation around paralysis and a leaking roof.

I cannot any longer bear to wake up and read your QOTD in the morning and find it’s – in part at least – about me in a derogatory way. Certainly not on top of my heart breaking into a trillion shards over the loss of my once great nation. I spent 40 years all told in legal training – and then helping people – when the rule of law mattered. It is all in tatters now.

I will continue to always wish you HAians – and especially the Gulchers – well! I will always pray for you and love you!!

Fallon……….Champ…………..tears…………….I will be with you always.

Opinionator on June 9, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Ru Roh. What happened?

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 7:47 AM

I guess this is it.

Fallon on June 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Bruce Dern? Or Joan Baez?

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Bruce Dern? Or Joan Baez?

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Huey, Dewey and Louie.

Fallon on June 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Ah, the drones. Its always the drones. Still though, I feel as if I have messed something.

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Still though, I feel as if I have messed something.

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM

If you have messed something, I have missed something… I don’t understand a lot of what is going on.

I don’t know what’s happening but it feels like the last two little drones will take care of this place long after we’re gone. (I had forgotten that Louie didn’t make it.)

Fallon on June 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Well maybe Op will explain it to me. I have been very busy with other housekeeping tasks. Not to mention life. ; )

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM

What happened? Even when I’ve disagreed with her-I’ve always found Opinionator to be a great conservative with a big heart.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Opinionator on June 9, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Seek psychological help, pronto, because you appear to be beyond delusional. Something not good is going on in that head of yours and it has little to do with reality.

Best to you, whoever/wherever you are. Also, YOU make things about you.

Also, thanks for continuing to try to fix the once good land.

Here is the hard part. Sarah Palin does not approve of your erroneous assessments.

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM

In no time this thread will be at page 121 now, which proves that Capitalism is way cool, still. This part SP loves, loves, loves.

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I suspect the gilled one.

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Opinionator on June 9, 2014 at 3:56 AM

….just peeked in…will have to get back with you…with all you have been struggling with…I would get ‘in a mood’ and ‘crack’ once in a while also…so take a deep breath.
…we have a media progressive in the Detroit are…name of Mitch Albolm…he has written some books
(tuesdays with Morrie…is one of them)…and he wrote an Ernie Harwell ( beloved Detroit baseball radio announcer…for eons) play and used another progressive acquaintance I know very well to play Ernie. I can’t stand the guy as a sports writer(he got caught cheating on some of his columns) or his politics…especially his politics! But!…he has that sensitive side and if I have to listen to the shit from the left…he’s the only one I can listen too…to get the lefts perspective on crap. _
He always says…at the end of his show…”We gotta Go!”….and his partner screams out “YOU CAN’T GO!…ALL THE PLANTS ARE GONNA DIE!”…I always say that to people here…when they want to quit on something!…and every one of them knows what I mean!
Op!…YOU CAN’T GO!…ALL THE PLANTS ARE GONNA DIE!…later!

KOOLAID2 on June 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Before I take a needed break, I’ll leave it to you to decide if I’m in need of psychological assistance, delusional, making things about me, etc.

This was an exchange I read upon waking a few days ago:

Street Judge, shoot.

Schadenfreude on June 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM

*Stallone voice* “Don’t tempt me citizen.”

Seriously. What is OP’s problem with you at the other place? Have you two never really gotten along?

Judge_Dredd on June 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Judge_Dredd on June 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM

No problem, whatever. I communicated our ‘pupil’s status, the one who makes us laugh. OP thought that I outed their nest. I did not. Then went on to remind me of my not so fond comments of SP, when I ribbed them about it, which I will continue to do. I know SP well and she does not approve of undying worshiping. OP had not followed up on the date/time stamps and thought that I brung the foes over.

All got cleared up and we all love SP, except I don’t worship her, and if I feel like it will criticize her and them.

COL, I think wanted me thrown out of there, or maybe not, but the comments were strange. I then left them a funny comment. Somewhere Lance, Apple and Sparky figured, but they don’t know what I do for all 3, and thus it was/is.

My nom didn’t give a damn, which it never does, then that got debated :) Sheeple and Hell figured in it too and nothing will change. I don’t believe in “better red than dead” and NO one will shut me up. It w/b ironic beyond belief it they’d kill me.

Bottom line, we are family.

p.s. directly to your question, I don’t recall, nor care to look back at “getting along” or not. I will tear apart the left, middle, right, and will tell bluegill, coolr, or libfree, when they are objective. No rightie will shut me up either. Yes, that was another issue, that I occasionally side with the gill, etc.

Schadenfreude on June 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Later Scrumpy gave her support…a bit further into QOTD.

There are several mischaracterizations in Schad’s rendition but what the hey, I can’t type well enough to spend a day going into every one. I have never spoken to the other guy in my life. Obviously people read here who are unfamiliar with me and who never speak to us. Even though I missed a date stamp vis a vis Schad’s earlier comments, others who don’t speak could realistically be drawn here to learn more about these Palin supporters. Are we a cult or worshippers? You get the idea. Enemies would delight. . .

The larger culture of gossip and attack mode is evidenced in HA on virtually every thread. I know that many here arrived in the closing days of LGF. I’m tired of the little battles in the face of all that’s occurring outside this blog.

My reference to ‘the 25%’ had more to do with my own frustrations with being one of them (akin to OW who lost his job and all savings in an effort to survive)- whose various businesses were lost due to the socialists in charge, my blood pressure going through the roof (unbeknownst to me), suffering a stroke and getting paralyzed, leading to being on the dole involuntarily. There are millions who have become disabled directly as a result of the admin.’s policies. I know that Schad didn’t intend his reference of the 25% as a direct slight against me – he doesn’t know me or my personal circumstances.

Nor does he know the flak I’ve received here over time for defending bright attorneys or those who are heart driven and spiritual. I didn’t suggest he was the culprit other than a comment or two thrown my way a long time ago. I don’t have it in me to spar in what I have come to view as a refuge from all the rest on my plate. And if Schad has a direct line to Sarah to the extent she’s commented on my “erroneous assumptions” I’m all ears.

Am I heart broken about the state of my country? You bet. I suggest anyone who isn’t needs the psych. So I lamented that heartache as well.

Tired of typing. I’m not cracking up, Champ :) I’ll work on the various ‘stuff’ – as in house, insurance, etc., I’m dealing with and regroup. Until then, y’all take care of each other!

Thank you Fallon, Bmore, Champ and Alt for your kindness and concern. . .

Opinionator on June 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM

One more thing. My reference to jihadis was to advise Schad that I’m painfully aware of the ‘nature of our enemies’ and have engaged them directly. . I’ve received direct threats as a result and sought assistance. This is another reason I have tried to protect the Gulch. The battery of enemies we are facing from various quarters are lethal.

I’m sure being paralyzed adds to one’s feeling of vulnerability and I am no doubt a bit more skittish about such threats as a result. It’s real and iiwii.

Opinionator on June 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Bottom line, we are family

KOOLAID2 on June 9, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Opinionator on June 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I don’t really understand what has transpired above, all I can speak to is what you have done for me! I know I’ve told you before how much your words have comforted me, inspired me and given me a reason to hope again. Maybe I’m being selfish but I don’t want you to go permanently. We all need a break some times to regroup and I hope you return when your reinvigorated. We need you here, OP, now more then ever. You of all people know what we are up against and I feel your leaving is a victory for evil. The goal is to divide and conquer,to weaken us, making it impossible to overcome the evil in our times. You can see this playing out in our HA family as it is across the nation/world. Please reconsider your decision…pray about it…and I trust you will come back to us much stronger and wiser!

wolverinefan on June 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Opinionator on June 9, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Tell me Opinionator. Where did that come from? I ask a simple question on the QOTD and you call me a gossip monger? And now I have to come in here and instead of just following the conversation I now must taint these pages? What did I ever do to you? I have not been here long enough IMO to speak here even though I was invited to. I asked a simple question about what the problem is between you and Schadenfreude because I was of the opinion that Schadenfreude was more or less a universally loved commenter. And you are another conservative not a troll. I asked a question and it was not any kind of attempt to sow dissention and I’d kindly thank you to keep that in mind from now on. I wasn’t “gossiping”. Perhaps I should have just e-mailed somebody instead. If you and Schadenfreude don’t get along that’s fine. I just thought there was something I missed. As long as I’ve been reading, I still don’t know everything about this place. I still get Newtie & Scrumpy mixed up sometimes for God’s sake.

Judge_Dredd on June 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM

I don’t really understand what has transpired above…

wolverinefan on June 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM

You are not alone.

Judge_Dredd on June 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM

There was NO reason for me to think anything about the interaction btw. Opinionator and myself, at least nothing less than “we fight for the same”.

Then I communicated with Bmore about Lance. The rest began conjecture after conjecture in this place, which is the property of HA. Some, unwittingly, suggested that I or someone else be “thrown out of here”, or some such. I was not the one who brung the foes here, and I will not type the nom.

You asked, and I explained what I recalled about it. I harbor nothing toward anyone.

Opinionator, you do whatever you please, of course. Above all, take good care of yourself.

There are few things that are more disgusting to me than circle-arguments. I intend to not get into their vortex with you, because you are neither my enemy, nor someone I ever disliked, nor will. God bless you in all ways.

About this thread – I will visit, or not, whenever I damn please. Let that be very clear. I’ve contributed news about SP when I found them, and I’ve been here occasionally when Bmore sent me to. I’m a free person, with a strong will, and NO one will dictate who comes here.

One more thing, if you say you’ll go, just go. Only leftists threaten to leave and they hardly ever do.

On the other hand, if you stay, it’s not for me or someone else to put up with insinuations and directives of who comes here, when, why, who’s allowed, who gossips, who doesn’t. Bigger fish to fry, as we all know.

Outside of here, bad/good things happen to all people. For the bad I’m very sorry and I wish/pray that they all get better.

OC, if you show up, pray hard, and often, for all. This entire episode is made up from whole cloth.

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2014 at 11:15 PM

…*whispers*…(everybody just keep talking!)…I don’t want to say *ditto* after names…just keep talking. We all have different sensitivities…just due…to LIFE!…families talk!…members don’t leave…THEY…just ARE!

KOOLAID2 on June 9, 2014 at 11:23 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 9, 2014 at 11:23 PM

And don’t be so sensitive, not you, God knows :)

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM

good evening ladies and gents..

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on June 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM

It’s getting weird here….

KCB on June 10, 2014 at 12:39 AM

…yeah…whatever!
oh!…and hi Ken!

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Hi KA2. Just dropped in to see what is happening. Looks like a Standard Republican circular firing squad.

KCB on June 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM

You folks are going to be picked off one by one by the traitor in your midst. Take extra caution and pay close attention to who turns up missing. I have clued you on this several times. There are traitors in our midst. I meant it.

Bmore on June 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

My head is spinning…

I hate carnival rides. Lanceman and Sparky… but there were others. Why is this still so foggy?

Gotta clean up the Gulch. I hate the smell of rotting fish and grubby trolls. I’ll be helping the staff changing out the linens. I need to keep busy so I don’t go nuts.

Op!…YOU CAN’T GO!…ALL THE PLANTS ARE GONNA DIE!…later!

KOOLAID2 on June 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Like Huey and Dewey, I’ll help with the plants until OP returns. I can’t guarantee that the food will be as good as OP’s but I’ll do my best until I hear the wonderful sound of OP banging pans and shouting out orders in Japanese and French in the kitchen.

Coffee’s on.

Fallon on June 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM

My head is spinning…

Coffee’s on.

Fallon on June 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Its complicated, but not as complicated as it might seem. I wish I could clue you in further. Not on thread. Would be a bad idea. You Fallon are and will be fine. You do not push the edges here. Its more of a concern for the ones that push the hardest. With a few exceptions. ; ) Not to worry. All things come to pass. Good coffee! Have a lovely day.

Op, do that which you need to do for your own well being. Nothing else matters. Pay no mind to the noms here. The place has become a sock drawer. The un-laundered variety. This place HA is not significant enough to worry with anymore. Be well. xo

Bmore on June 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM

One other thing Fallon. Before I came to HA, there was a flame war here participated in by some of its well regarded members. Perhaps you remember. This latest mutation has a similar MO. I have researched those days and have been informed of much pertaining to the event. It is happening once again. The summer may prove to be very hot indeed.

Bmore on June 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM

P.S. I will not be back down here for some time. Thank you for everything. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM

P.S. I will not be back down here for some time. Thank you for everything. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM

…no!….thank you!…and don’t forget to lurk!

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Fallon on June 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Well I won’t be much of a help with the cleaning and cooking around here, can’t even do it at my homestead! I hate crutches!!! But, I can help keep the gulch a positive, relaxing place to visit. So some good news to tell…we are heading to Florida for my nephews wedding tomorrow :) I will be traveling in style (like a princess according to my SO). Bed made up in the back seat of the truck, foot elevated, and when I want to sit up I can prop it up on the counsel between the fronts seats, supported by a pillow of course! We’ll take our time, stopping frequently to stretch and walk around. Looking forward to the change in scenery. Also, my family will be there so i”ll have plenty of company coming and going from my condo!

wolverinefan on June 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM

wolverinefan on June 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM

…I just did…a happy dance!

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM

wolverinefan on June 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM

:) That is great news! Be safe and have fun … family is the best to be around during your trying times.

pillepalle on June 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Great news, Wolvie. Milk that injury for the whole weekend, lol.

From upstairs.. Cantor Open Thread:

From the Palin thread last month where she criticized the GOPe Establishment for gloating after some primary wins:

AP is right — when the Tea Party has victories, you bet we’re going to gloat ALL OUT, not in some half-assed, squish way either. ;-)

ShainS on May 7, 2014 at 7:34 PM

ShainS on June 10, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Gloat, gloat, gloat. :-D

Fallon on June 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Gloat, gloat, gloat. :-D

Fallon on June 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I wish she would “gloat” a little about this loss :)

wolverinefan on June 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM

…I can’t catch up on all the threads…the Cantor thread has so many new people on it that never commented before…that victory brought out hope in a lot of people. Too bad Ms. Lindsey had 6 people instead of 1 to run against. Bet a couple were bank-rolled by Senator Herself!
Have a safe trip wolvie!
Love you Op!

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM

…Tea Party is dead!…now…they have taken over the Republican party!…why are they all so confused?

KOOLAID2 on June 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

It’s a beautiful slow, rainy day in the Midwestern Gulch.

A little late, but coffee’s on.

The TEA party is dead! Long live the TEA party!

Fallon on June 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Fallon on June 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM

…talk radio is going to be enjoyable today!

KOOLAID2 on June 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Sarah Palin and Palin fans:

The issue we need to all focus on is illegal alien amnesty. Illegal alien amnesty would eventually and irreversibly transform the country and move the electorate to the left more than any other one act would.

Palin, don’t be shy about firing up all your followers about this issue.

bluegill on June 12, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Palin, don’t be shy about firing up all your followers about this issue.

bluegill on June 12, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Wow. You! deign to give Sarah Palin advice? Really? Quite frankly, how dare you.

You are just as narcissistic as O.

And you are just as dangerous. You have maligned SP more than anyone I have ever heard from in my life.

G’night, Gulchers…………….

Opinionator on June 12, 2014 at 4:38 AM

((((((Opinionator)))))

Fallon on June 12, 2014 at 9:22 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Op}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}……….!!!!!!!!!!

KOOLAID2 on June 12, 2014 at 10:30 AM

…Op!….she’s off the meds again!…she’s making a complete ass of herself again upstairs…and I knew it was just a matter of time before she looked for breadballs (ht Bmore)…down here!
…Ha ha!…the character didn’t deviate!

KOOLAID2 on June 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM

blueballs on June 12, 2014 at 4:08 AM

…she took her last crap on the QOTD at 1:46 AM this morning!…she must take these shits…^…while she is sleeping!

KOOLAID2 on June 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Opinionator on June 12, 2014 at 4:38 AM

So glad to see your post :)

In Destin, FL. It is absolutely beautiful!! I can sit on the balcony overlooking the pool (we’re on the 12th floor) and look at the full moon over the gulf! They just had fireworks on the beach in front of our condo. I am so glad I made this trip! So wonderful to be surrounded by family. Hoping for some sunshine tomorrow so I can work on my tan, calling for 50% chance of rain though. This sure beats sitting at home in my lazy boy. lol

wolverinefan on June 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM

wolverinefan on June 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM

…glad you are there safe!…the gulf side is my favorite side…cleaner water. Usually the rain comes and goes quickly…and usually comes at night…at least on the ocean coasts it does….besides that!-screw your weather people!…I just looked at the 10 day forecast!…use mine!…partly cloudy tomorrow…clear Saturday Sunday and Monday. (White Beaches… and in the 80′s with a beautiful de-humidifying breeze!)Thunderstorm Tuesday and Wednesday…(so that means 1/2 hour each!)…Clear again Thursday. They can’t get the weather right four hours before they give it the way land mass effects wind currents…so enjoy!
…Any ship lights off the coast?…you got to have THE view! I was disappointed in St. Augustine…I only saw one boat the entire week…not even pleasure boats.

KOOLAID2 on June 13, 2014 at 1:18 AM

…beautiful moon out tonight!

KOOLAID2 on June 13, 2014 at 1:44 AM

KOOLAID2 on June 13, 2014 at 1:18 AM

lol! I like your forecast better! You’re right though, they never get the forecast right. I’m watching a pleasure boat pass by now but haven’t seen a cruise ship. I love watching sailboats, haven’t seen one yet. Wedding is tomorrow, outside, overlooking the gulf, so hoping the rain holds off!

wolverinefan on June 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM

It IS for the children.

- Sarah Palin

Indeed! She sounds almost as PO’d as I am.

Have fun today wolvie, rain or shine. .

Opinionator on June 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM

It IS for the children.

- Sarah Palin

Indeed! She sounds almost as PO’d as I am.

Have fun today wolvie, rain or shine. .

Opinionator on June 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I just read this, too.

“These victims are brought here (by SOMEONE in authority in their own countries) facing sweltering 110-degree Arizona heat, illness, unsanitary conditions with unbelievable hygiene issues, Texan food the kids don’t like because it’s too foreign to them, and possibly sexual exploitation. By any definition, this is child abuse!”

She’s right, again.

I heard this poem on the Disney Channel today (I know, I know, but little one likes Sophia.)

I don’t know why but I had to find it. It’s not really on topic or important. I just liked it.

Once They All Believed In Dragons

Once they all believed in dragons
When the world was fresh and young,
We were woven into legends,
Tales were told and songs were sung,
We were treated with obeisance,
We were honored, we were feared,
Then one day they stopped believing–
On that day, we disappeared.
Now they say our time is over,
Now they say we’ve lived our last,
Now we’re treated with derision
Where once we ruled unsurpassed.
We must make them all remember,
In some way we must reveal
That our spirit lives forever–
We are dragons! We are real!

~ © Jack Prelutsky

Fallon on June 13, 2014 at 2:07 PM

200 U.S. contractors surrounded by jihadists in Iraq

Latest horror story unfolding. . . Prayers!!!

Yes, Fallon, ‘someone’ is financing the whole southern invasion. Think I know who.

I like the poem. . . :)) A nice counterbalance. . Thanks for your smile :)

Opinionator on June 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Interesting read here. Reading it again and still trying to puzzle it all out. These people are twisted and determined to get what they want.

h/t bluefox in last night’s QOTD

pillepalle on June 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM

wolverinefan on June 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Sorry. I was rushed this morning. Full moon and fireworks. Perfection. Hope the wedding is wonderful.

pillepalle on June 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Strange things happening all around. Ukraine, Mexico, Iraq… Almost overwhelming.

Fallon on June 13, 2014 at 6:17 PM

…the southern border is just out of control while everyone is diverted by all else.

KOOLAID2 on June 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM

…full moon tonight!

KOOLAID2 on June 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM

…full moon tonight!

KOOLAID2 on June 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM

And Friday the 13th :)

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Sprinkling a wee bit of the fairy dust…………on all of the true Gulchers. By that I mean actual SP supporters, who have cared enough to have been here and lived the Book of Gulch……………and who love each other as family. Those who don’t know us have never been here at all.

We only survived the ‘not being moved to the LEFT side of the page’.

HA!

I love you!

Sleep oh-so-well.

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 2:58 AM

OP .. glad to see your still here … I really enjoy reading your posts …
if you were part of LGF … might I suggest a site …
you may find some friends …..

conservative tarheel on June 14, 2014 at 10:05 AM

conservative tarheel on June 14, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Thank you! I have heard of that site and will check it out soon. I have a special NC treat planned for Father’s Day to honor all of our Great Gulch fathers. .

Meanwhile, I am attempting to connect some dots re O’s various moves, set forth briefly below. . .

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM

O on Father’s Day weekend, without his children. . .staying with a couple of gay blades in Rancho Mirage, and using the excuses of Indians and a UCI speech on global warming to have another taxpayer funded vacay while Iraq burns:

The president and first lady arrived at the Palm Springs airport Friday night after visiting an Indian reservation earlier in the day.

They are staying with White House decorator Michael Smith and his partner, U.S. Ambassador to Spain James Costos, at their vacation home.

No dots being connected here except w/respect to Iraq (below).

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM

For a long time now I have suspected O’s Sunni ties drive most of his foreign policy decisions as he seeks to advance the caliphate.

PP, that Shoebat article (thanks to you and bluefox) connects a few more dots, as I’ve suspected O was behind the video production to begin with. I plan to follow that web site more closely and also visit MEMRI.org more often as we watch Iraq dissolve.

Ever wonder why the MB was never declared a terrorist organization by GWB or O? Or why O insisted the MB be present at his first speech in Cairo? Or why he backed Morsi and the MB….fomented the Arab Spring….bowed most deeply to the Saudi Prince….was reluctant to off OBL….has gifted back Taliban leaders….doesn’t plan to do diddly with Shiite led Iraq, etc., etc., ect.? Failure to reign in Iran’s nuclear program will aid in focusing the target on Israel’s back. Gas prices going through the roof will help to further destroy the U.S. economy.

The MB is Sunni. So is the Taliban. All funded by SA and their partners.

Benghazi, I believe, presented multiple opportunities for the MB infested admin. (including Hillary, Huma, et al.). Perhaps a nice trade of our Ambassador for the blink sheikh, gun and arms running for Syria via Turkey for the upcoming ISIS moves in Iraq. . We know O has no qualms about giving up Taliban/Sunni terrorists. It also explains the video links/production (on Benghazi), failure to move to help our Embassy personnel. . . and yet another stand down order re our Embassy in Iraq as we speak.

The defense official told Fox News the United States had been watching the swift gains made by the Sunni group known as Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) for months, adding “this didn’t just happen.”

“This is bad,” the official said, adding that “there is not much we can do (militarily). We are way behind the curve.”

The official said people in the U.S. Embassy feel threatened, but it’s too “politically sensitive” to evacuate them right now.

There might be a bit of good news on at least some of our U.S. citizens in Iraq.

If’s O’s moves are viewed from the eyes of Sunni interests, might we at least have a shot at predicting further action/inaction in the coming days?

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 5:00 PM

A few more dots on Fast and Furious along with the current Southern Invasion:

Perhaps it’s simply this: O is deeply in league with the Mexican drug cartels. Arming them would accomplish several ‘goals’. . . .provide arguments for disarming us while strengthening them [I would not be surprised to learn that we are heavily funding them as well.]. . .while receiving their assistance in flooding our border.

Cartels Control Coyotes: Drug Cartels Thriving as a Result of Illegal Immigrant Influx

In an interview with Breitbart Texas, NBPC Vice President Shawn Moran revealed that the Mexican cartels control the flow of illegal immigrants across Mexico through the monopoly on coyotes, otherwise known as human smugglers. “Mexican cartels are exploiting this crisis to get their shipments through. They know our schedules, our shifts, our manpower, and how we react to these situations,” said Vice President Moran.

“The cartels control the flow of people from south of our border. The coyotes are mostly at the employ of the cartels. They rent the smuggling routes that are protected by the cartel enterprises. We are being completely reactive and chasing the cartel activity.

Couple this with O freeing 36,000 criminal aliens and an open door for gang members. . .

IMO, there is no way all of this hasn’t been orchestrated for a very long time.

O proceeds to ‘transform’ us apace.

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Okay. I feel sick. . .

But I would rather understand the depth and breadth of treachery in this admin. than continue to wake up in shock day after day.

You’ll please forgive me for retreating (often) to food………heh.

Happy Flag Day!

On that note, this ties right back in to who O & Mooch are visiting this weekend:

The Tel Aviv embassy gesture to the local gay community is not the first of its kind though. Last month, according to Spanish media reports, the gay pride flag flew over U.S. Ambassador James Costos’ official residence in Madrid, and last September, the flag was unfurled by Ambassador Theodore Sedgwick at the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava, in Slovaki.

Just ducky.

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 5:59 PM

You are just as narcissistic as O.
G’night, Gulchers…………….
Opinionator on June 12, 2014 at 4:38 AM

How dare I? How dare you! Who the heck do you think you are?

You think you can tell me whom I can and cannot appeal to? Sorry, it doesn’t work like that. You may hold sway among 2 or 3 regulars of Ted’s Gulch, but bluegill isn’t about to bow down before you. Far from it!

I’m sorry you can’t cope with hearing people criticize your infallible deity Sarah Palin, but the truth is that she is not without her faults. Have I criticized her in the past? I certainly may have here and there. Honest criticism of politicians is better than slobbering worship of politicians.

And, yes, the illegal alien amnesty issue is absolutely key and trumps everything, and I would like to see Palin fire up her supporters more about it. Does Palin have the same level of influence she might have had once, or is it waning? I don’t know. But I do know that she ought to be using whatever influence she does have to marshal support in favor of secure borders and against the traitorous push for illegal alien amnesty.

bluegill on June 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM

…Phuck off! Lowlife!

KOOLAID2 on June 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM

…GOOD posts Op!

KOOLAID2 on June 14, 2014 at 9:51 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Two days ago: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/06/12/palin-amnesty-will-decimate-main-street/

davidk on June 14, 2014 at 10:23 PM

…than you davidk!…(as usual).

KOOLAID2 on June 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM

thank…

KOOLAID2 on June 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Beautiful, davidk. Bravo!

BTW, the links you continuously provide out there are awesome.

Thanks to you, too, Champ ;)

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 10:52 PM

bluegill on June 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM

STFU and GFY Susan.

RickB on June 14, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Thanks to you, too, RickB. Hehehe..

And might I add that your musical taste matches mine to an uncanny degree. Almost every night you take me back to a place and time where life was normal and cheer me up before sleeping. . Extremely well done :)

Opinionator on June 14, 2014 at 11:11 PM

To All Our Wonderful Gulcher Dads:

May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.

May you hear from your children – or have time with them – today. We honor you! And we remember those Dads who are no longer with us. . .and those who wanted to be Dads but never were.

Ribs are ready! They were rubbed with a fine sprinkling of magic spices two days ago. Then they were placed on racks in roaster pans. We added 2 1/2 C of water and 1/2 cup of liquid smoke to each pan, covered them with foil and slow cooked at 300 for two hours. Now they’ll be finished on the grill and slathered with your choice of bbq sauces.

Here’s an easy Carolina sauce: simmer equal parts of yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar and molasses for 30 min. That’s it!

We also boiled baby red potatoes, pressed them into discs, dunked them in garlic oil and butter with paprika and onion powder. . . and will crisp them on the grill. . .along with lots of fresh, grilled asparagus.

We have wings and other chips & dips. . .salads galore. . .and a wide variety of desserts to fill you up.

Ice cold beer and a nice selection of whiskey is ready at the bar.

We bought more fluffy pillows like wolvie has for each of your hammocks – in case you need a nap.

I’ll be happy to grill so you can just relax.

We Love You and appreciate you now more than ever, Gulcher Dads!

Opinionator on June 15, 2014 at 3:52 PM

sharrukin gets it on QOTD tonight. And a few others.

G’night, Gulchers……….

Opinionator on June 16, 2014 at 3:18 AM

…was a lively QOTD last night!…I usually don’t stay up for that long….I know I’m getting to a liberal…when they call me vicious…vulgar…and a bully!…they never tell me I ‘hate womenz’ though….I have to improve…in that area!

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Hello Gulchers :)

Opinionator, I truly do not know what I have done to offend you.

I regularly High 5 Schadenfreude for a lot of what he says, from a political sense…

If you could direct me to this ‘offence’ I shall be glad to make an apology to you, I don’t know what this is about!!

Thanks OP :)

Scrumpy on June 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Thanks OP :)

Scrumpy on June 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Ah, Scrumpy. I referred to your later quoting Schad (the same quote that I gave here) in that QOTD thread – you’ll find it if you look – and voicing support for his comments about our exchange. I was sad that you brought it up again. And I was chagrined to wake up and read I had been a topic ‘out there’ to begin with, again calling attention to the Gulch. Judge was just asking a question and Schad was just answering it, but again the spotlight was directed on this place and me in particular. If all that had taken place on this thread instead of QOTD it wouldn’t have triggered my exasperation or feelings of exposure and vulnerability. As I’ve said, the true dangers we face, coupled with my own physical limitations combine to form perhaps a heightened sense of protectionism for all of us.

As far as I’m concerned, Schad and I are fine. My efforts to protect this place from unknown/unwelcome eyes have been a glorious failure since the beginning of this thread. Repeated discussions about it ‘out there’ only piques more interest about those so-called ‘worshippers’ who populate this place. That in itself couldn’t be further from the truth, but people who are anti-Palin or who don’t know us might suspect otherwise given so many lies spouted by the fish in particular.

I’m sure your Schad support that night ultimately had nothing to do with me. You are family to me as well – so no worries, eh? You are a treasure and delight! And no apologies are necessary. I’ve decided to stick it out here with those I love regardless of the danger factor. It is my hope and prayer we’ll be able to support and help each other as times get even more tough. . .

Opinionator on June 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM