Report: Palin parts ways with Fox News

posted at 6:51 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Her choice, not theirs, according to a source who spoke to RCP.

After a three-year run as a paid contributor to the nation’s highest-rated cable news channel, Sarah Palin and FOX News have cut ties, according to a source close to the former Alaska governor.

“It’s my understanding that Gov. Palin was offered a contract by FOX, and she decided not to renew the arrangement,” the source close to Palin told RCP. “She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion.”

The source declined to say whether Palin would pursue a television contract with another news network, such as CNN.

Not surprising given what happened last year at the convention, although the Times claims she and Fox were negotiating a new contract as recently as last week. Maybe she has another offer on the table that’s sweeter than theirs?

My first thought when I read the RCP piece was that Mark Begich is up for reelection next year and is already preparing for a strong conservative challenge, but NRO’s Robert Costa tweets some skepticism:

I thought challenging Begich, a weak blue incumbent in a very red state, was her best bet back to political office, but maybe she’s transitioned to Arizona now. (Costa hears that she’s still occasionally in touch with Joe Miller, who appears to be planning to challenge Begich himself.) If not politics, then what? Hard to believe she’d trade Fox for CNN. Maybe … Glenn Beck’s network, The Blaze? It had 300,000 online subscribers as of last summer and must have many more now, especially since Dish Network started airing it in September. And Beck’s aggressively trying to promote it, from making a bid on Current TV to gain a platform on basic cable to opening foreign bureaus in hopes of becoming a sort of libertarian alternative to Fox. She’d instantly raise the network’s profile and bring in new viewers. And there’s plenty of room on the programming schedule for her: The channel currently airs from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET with a two-hour block free from 2-4 so they could give her her own show if that’s what she has in mind. If I had to bet, I’d bet that’s where she goes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 111 112 113

A link dedicated to news of Venezuela. New one to me, so do as Reagan suggested, “trust but verify”. Wiki (gag) suggests that they lean conservative and are business friendly.

Afghanistan news link. Again, unclear of the source as it is new to me but anyone that prefers to hire women in a country like that wins at least a nod from me.

That should get you through at least the first cuppa :) Maybe more later …

pillepalle on April 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Meh, I flipped it. Some good links at the bottom of the last page if you care to go back … as said back there, coffee is on.

pillepalle on April 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM

pp!…nice turn!…nice links!…and you’re darn tootin’ I’m going back for the other links!
…had a few cups of coffee already…with the BAILEYS Coffee Toffee Almond Creamer!…smells good!…tastes good!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

pillepalle on April 4, 2014 at 7:04 AM…I was surprised at the low number of comments ….following the article…but some of the other articles you could link too from there …were great!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

U of M hurt…in that… the last second loses hurt more!

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Don’t mean to brag or anything but I just got back from the Bahamas! I missed the b-ball games…kinda glad I did knowing now my team lost :( Oh well, hope WI takes it all :)

Trying to catch up after a week away…glad so many new (old) people are posting on this thread!

wolverinefan on April 4, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Some fun … A Tale of two Monarchs

And the follow-up to that an intersting read about the Papal visit from 0 … Potus and the Pope

Want to see Mooch’s new additions to the garden? Check out the snark at MOTUS

Late for me … enjoy the start of your weekend!

pillepalle on April 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM

wolverinefan on April 4, 2014 at 3:48 PM

…glad for you!…nice to take a break from the cold!…two days of rain and we still have snow on more than half the property!…we will get away in the beginning of May…as soon as the kids get out of school. My bride works for H & R Block…so for 2 months she has not had a day off…and she substitute’s for the local High School every day since January (as they have been short of subs)…so she is gone at 6:30 AM…and home by 10-10:30 PM…with a 15 minute break at the school…and a 15 minute lunch at night. She does this 3 1/2 months every year…and has the summer off…but she is pooped!
Hope you soaked up some sun!…I mean vitamin D!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM

…just went to our other refuge spot…where we were headed, when this thread was having problems…wanted to see who had been there…the one with the great… loving personality…had nothing to do!
(:->)
…just amazing!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Wowser! I would laugh but it is to cry.

Glad you’re losing snow, finally. Making some sustenance for your wife to take on her breaks! May she be able to rest soon.

Wolvie, so glad you were able to escape for some sun! I am truly envious, and white :)

Fallon – I’ll help clean if we can get some animals to help like last year lol. [Then maybe they can come over here and help me with leaves.] As for your meeting I say, go Griz…………nicely of course. Leaders are not meant to follow. No time like the present.

I finally got reimbursed from the Feds for deducting Medicare Part B payments from disability – which I never signed up for but they charged for it anyway! It took two months. I hope the snafu with your Mom’s payments got worked out. . . and that she is faring well.

More on my house stuff later.

Tucking you in Gulchers. Sleep tight :)

Opinionator on April 5, 2014 at 4:23 AM

Since Microsoft is ending support of XP, I thot this latest info may be helpful. I updated everything Windows had today. There was this notice also.

On 4/8/14, there will be no more support/updates etc for XP and in addition, Office 2003 and Microsoft Security Essentials will also end.

Been very busy. Finally had a break yesterday evening.

P.S. I didn’t have to uninstall Firefox, since I never used it. I’m an IE fox:-)

Speaking of FF and I know many like it but I found some interesting info. 3 years ago, the version was 4.0. Today, it is vs 29.0, Beta 5!! Good grief!!

bluefox on April 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Bmore posted the Eagle Cam in Decorah Iowa and two eaglets have hatched. The third is in progress.

Enjoy!

Thanks Bmore!!!

bluefox on April 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I try to play upstairs but it’s just not worth it. I even brought cocktails tonight, oh well…. LOL

So, I made some ginger syrup today. A shot of Captain Morgan’s Special Batch, 1/4 cup ginger syrup and the juice from a whole lime. It’s a sipper and quite good.

Ginger syrup: 3 cups diced ginger root, 2 cups sugar, one whole lime zest and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until reduced by half. For ginger ale: 1/4 cup ginger syrup and soda water.

Fallon on April 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM

…happy Spring!…still have snow on the ground…and mud!…but it was sunny and 50 degrees out!…managed to bury the tractor up to its axles in mud today!…haven’t done that before!
…beautiful birds…thanks!
…enjoying the Gulcher’s up on top!

KOOLAID2 on April 6, 2014 at 10:07 PM

That libation sounds real good Fallon. Too good in fact!

Murphy9 on April 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM

…enjoying the Gulcher’s up on top!

KOOLAID2 on April 6, 2014 at 10:07 PM

lol I still feel like I’m not allowed to sit at the cool kids table up there. The rebel in me thinks eff it, but then, I remember, I’m a lady, lol.

That libation sounds real good Fallon. Too good in fact!

Murphy9 on April 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Yes, I actually had two, lol. Now, I should stop posting but I won’t until the CMAs are over, lol. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, or something like that…

Fallon on April 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Goodnight, Decorah eagle… Sleep tight little eaglets.

Fallon on April 6, 2014 at 11:05 PM

We now have 3 eaglets. From what I can tell, it hatched around 3PM today. Looks like a cotton ball:-) So tiny.

@Fallon, that ginger syrup sounds refreshing. What is Captain Morgan? Do you dice the ginger root yourself?

Ginger Ale is one of my favorite soft drinks. I like it better than any other non-cola.

Sort of a rainy lazy day. Finished my errands today, so just relaxing a bit.

Hannity comes on after Rush and since 3pm, he is b-o-r-i-n-g the entire time. 45 minutes of dog talk. I like pets, but good grief!

bluefox on April 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM

…nice song up there…Fallon!

What is Captain Morgan? Do you dice the ginger root yourself?

…I don’t know what recipe you are talking about bluefox …I know Fallon mentioned bringing the remainder of the syrup down here…but Captain Morgan is definitely a “non-cola”…use lots of it!
…then…the Ginger Ale will come in handy…after the hang-over!
…settles the stomach!

KOOLAID2 on April 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM

…then…the Ginger Ale will come in handy…after the hang-over!
…settles the stomach!

KOOLAID2 on April 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM

LOL, I figured it was some kind of alcohol, but rum, brandy, whiskey what I wondered.

I think on the 8th, we should all have a toast to the best Microsoft OS ever. Long live XP!!! So, I will have one of Fallon’s
ginger syrup drinks with ginger ale.

Right now, I’m burning my XP Favorites to CD’s. Then I’ve got to see about my emails on XP. Not all transferred over to my Win7 and why I have no idea.

I have a feeling I need to get this done, before Microsoft turns my XP into a pumpkin at midnight. They have warned me that they are stopping MSE.

bluefox on April 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Just a bit of info on XP. Microsoft has a way to transfer files, etc to Win7, 8 or 8.1 There are Free transfers but if you want applications, then they offer a paid program.

Note: Both the XP you are transferring from and the PC you are transferring to, must be connected to the internet.

A Free Help Line is posted also. So it seems like they are making it easier to do.

bluefox on April 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Shame on Jeb Bush. I’m bringing this down from upstairs:

No more ‘Bush’es…no more ‘Clinton’s…and no more Obama!

easyt65 on April 8, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I agree!! So Jebbie is saying all breaking of our laws are “acts of love” as long as they are not felonies? WOW, no wonder I thot it was Obama speaking on the audio clips Levin played of Jebbie last night.

It’s really hard to believe he can be so ignorant. I doubt if a Candidate running for a House seat could be elected with that belief.

Such a concern for illegal aliens, but no concern for the American people. Shame upon Jeb Bush

bluefox on April 8, 2014 at 12:58 PM

YAHOO WARNING:

Because of a major bug in OpenSSL, Yahoo users are advised not to log in to their email and instant messaging accounts, and other services until the bug is fixed.

By Zack Whittaker for Between the Lines | April 8, 2014 — 17:44 GMT (10:44 PDT)

bluefox on April 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Microsoft releasing final patches for XP today. Mine came down just a few minutes ago & updating.

bluefox on April 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM

…Jeb is dead to me!

KOOLAID2 on April 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM

….Bishop is back!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2014 at 1:05 AM

…everybody must be doing yard work in the Gulch…because it is finally NOT below freezing…for a change!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Where did everyone go? I’ve been busier than usual. Family Wedding and Birthday in a short time. Just finished up taxes! Now I’m trying to catch up on the house which has been neglected. I did vacumn once, LOL

Started Spring cleaning yesterday and usually do one room at a time. Well, started in the bathroom, up on a step stool to clean the light fixtures. All was going well, until the last one came out of it’s place!! Can’t get it back in as the attachment screws for some reason won’t screw!!

Then had to deal with XP, then the heartbleed bug came up. Trying to find out what to do about that. It’s been one thing after another.

Prayers for the rancher in Nevada that the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) came out with guns & dogs against the family while others were taking his cattle. Just heard that Hannity is going to have Mr. Bundy on his radio show for the full hour.

Mr.Kool, I was working in the yard on Wed:-) Trimmed the 2 rose bushes and the hugh butterfly bush, along with the Holly bushes, etc.

Well, that’s what is going on at my place!

Hope all of the Gulchers are enjoying the nicer weather, whereever you are:-)

P.S. I did take time out to see my hairdresser, so I’m blonde again:-)

bluefox on April 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM

bluefox on April 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Been following that, scary stuff. Followed a link in the comments of some article and found that it is actually about frac’ing? Go figure that the feds will run people off their land (seems other ranchers were forced ‘out of business’ and Bundy is the last one left) for their own profit. Watching the video of the protest crying wondering what happened to the land I grew up and spent most of my life in?

Top it all off with the drudge headline “Stocks continuing collapse” …

Sorry, negative Nelly tonight … main reason I have not posted lately. Prayers for all, we certainly need them!

pillepalle on April 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM

pillepalle on April 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Hi pillepalle! Since most of the news is negative, it’s hard not to be sometimes. I get p.o.’d at it, LOL

Mark Levin is on this BLM heavy handed attack on the Rancher.

Twitchy have an article about it also that Dana Loesch has tweeted about.

This site has more threads than any that I’ve found:

Here is Mr. Bundy’s daughter’s statement:

bluefox on April 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I’m getting a message from Internet Explorer that this website has security certificat errors.

bluefox on April 11, 2014 at 8:17 PM

UPDATE! BREAKING!! Possible Deal Struck Between Nevada Rancher And Government Officials

bluefox on April 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM

bluefox on April 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM

They’re retreating for now. See Drudge. Harry’s little deals beg for exposure but I’m not holding my breath.

In other news: Palin on Burwell

Uggggghhhh!

Opinionator on April 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Opinionator on April 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Thanks OP, nice to see you. Will read your link when I get back from errands, LOL I’ve been putting them off!! Too much going on!!

bluefox on April 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM

How have y’all been, Gulchers??? I share your angst, PP. Every single day the hits keep on coming.

And yes, Champ and blue, I’ve been up to my ears in leaves. I’m averaging two large lawn bags for every four square feet. Miles to go before I sleep lol.

Also, I’m still spending a lot of time attempting to actually get help with home repairs. The grant people recommended two of the three contractors I went to for bids last summer and chose the one we were to use. He had a series of health problems (spanning seven months) and managed to screw up the city building permit – which was denied. [I was never involved in any of that as he was supposedly a reputable, licensed contractor.] There was a parting of our ways and I had several meetings with the building and permit people, planning and zoning – and the grant people – to correct wrong information (on the city’s part!) re setbacks and blah blah blah.

The way forward has been paved but we’re back to almost square zero after nine months! I am now in the process of submitting part of the work as an insurance claim (recommended by several contractors along the way) and don’t yet know how it will turn out. That involved yet another contractor bid recommended by my insurance agent. If it is accepted, the grant money will pay the deductible – and yet another two week delay was involved to obtain approval for my specific request in that regard. The good news here is that the grant program will now afford other disabled people additional help if they have valid insurance claims, as their deductibles will now be covered by the grant. My own claim has been confirmed to be ‘valid’ by multiple contractors but it remains to be seen whether the insurance company will cover it.

And so, every day I click here to see what you’re up to but haven’t had it in me to type all of the above and catch up – until today.

I’ve been missing you guys! Can’t wait to hear from our other quiet Gulchers lol. We may need to fire up the BBQ’s to celebrate our recent thaw in many parts of the Gulch. And we can always benefit from our mutual good cheer in the face of all challenges. . . .

I’m pulling for all of you with prayers daily and sending love.

Nice to see you, too, blue :)))

Opinionator on April 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Welcome back Op :) Glad to hear you have movement (although backward) on things. Let’s hope that that huge step back helps things move more quickly to get things to rights in your world!

Interesting read here with lots of links to related things. Awful quick for them to pull out after the Hairy dude’s connection came to light!

Weather here has been lovely, and I have been taking the spring cleaning room by room. No more than one room a day (and many days less than that!) as I can only tolerate so much dust, grime and other people’s crap to pick up and put up. By the time I finish, it will be time to start all over again where I started …

Ribeyes on the grill and a pot of brussel sprouts in cream sauce with chocolate, chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven for a sweet treat. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my favorite HA people!

pillepalle on April 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Glad to hear you have movement (although backward) on things.

pillepalle on April 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM

LOL!! No kidding!!! :) Thanks for the article and web site. Yep, DH has some splainin’ to do. I truly look forward to the day that many of our ‘leaders’ are criminally charged and convicted. What a travesty they have wrought upon OUR land!

It’s nice to hear you have nice weather and that you’re battling the never ending cleaning war lol. I’m taking little stabs at that too, around other stuff. I actually opened a few windows for the first time this past week. Yay!

Yummm to the food :))) Hope you have a great weekend, too!

Opinionator on April 12, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Made Op’s broccoli and cheddar soup tonight. Wow was that good!

I used some spanish smoked paprika in it for good measure, and parboiled the broccoli for ~4 min till it still just snapped putting a knife through it. Thanks Op!

Murphy9 on April 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

….doing something I haven’t done since I’ve been here………….going through the threads upstairs…and lurking…not commenting. I’m going to do that for a while.
…was going to comment on the links bluefox had upstairs on the BLM thread…then find some down here… and Op has good ones!….down here!
…geez Op!…I am getting frustrated for you…on the repairs!
…Op has the leaves!…I spent the day starting to tackle 20 years of overgrowth. I have an acre…in a three acre zone (for home permits-mine was grandfathered)…Before the kids were born, I planted over 1000 trees and bushes around the edges of the property. First…a row of bushes and fruit trees. and layered two rows of Christmas trees behind them. Well…the lawn and borders around the house look great after 20 years…and the Christmas trees look good…no one can see me! The busses and trees were not taken care of…since the kids took up that kind of slack time. OMG!10 hours today…and I only got through a tenth of what has to be cut and pruned…broke 3 blades on the trimming saw already and my arms look like the cats were using them for a scratching post! I’m going to have some bonfire! I can’t walk in between the rows it was so thick.

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Murphy9 on April 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I am so very glad you tried it and enjoyed it :D! You made me so happy to know I could somehow feed people again. . Smoked paprika is the way to go unless you’re making goulash, in which case sweet Hungarian is perfect. .

Thank you for your comment re your ‘peasant’ meal. That sent me on a lovely one hour search of quintessential goulashes. . . I made it years ago but that was before the internets. lol! Perhaps you’ll share your own with us? I’d love to know what you do.

Murphy9 on April 13, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Now try this on for size for me, eh? [Keith isn't playing but this is the part I'd like you to hear.] I know I’m older. . . but I used to try to play this on the piano. I still think it’s absolutely beautiful, particularly at about 3:24 ……………………………..

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 3:32 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Ah, Champ………. love you. Too tired to type any more right now.

I’ll catch up with you in the a.m.

Sleep oh-so-well………….

Tucking you in, Gulchers.

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 3:36 AM

…geez Op!…I am getting frustrated for you…on the repairs!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Well, it’s now very late morning here :)

I know the house saga seems to just drone on and on. I’ll be very happy when it’s no longer a focus. At least rain in the BR has been reduced (and only drips a bit during big storms) but damage on the ceiling and main roof remain part of what I need to have fixed. Eventually I’ll git ‘er done. . .

What stunned me as I read your post last night was the fact that you planted 1,000 bushes and trees ??!! That is an amazing amount of landscaping, Champ! Forget my leaves. I only wish I could help you with all the trimming, which sounds like a gargantuan task. Please be careful with all the sawing and ladders and scratches. . And let us know when you’re ready for the bonfire. Gulchers love a good bonfire with fireworks :)

The single blue spruce I planted last year seems to have survived its first winter. I planted one tiny tree (that won’t shed leaves) to your 1,000! Wow.

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Bluefox – great job on all the Bundy links! You are our resident linkmaster and we’re proud of you.

Here’s an ‘interesting’ bit of background on Dirty, dingy, duplicitous Harry’s Real Estate Investing Plan. I’m sure it’s only the mere tip of his particular iceberg.

May all the crooks have their due.

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Fallon. . . oh Fallllllllllon. Where the heck are you? We’re suffering here for lack of your delicious coffee, wit, stories and charm. Hope all is okay with you and yours! And what’s cookin’ on the political front??

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 3:36 PM

bluefox on April 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I have a butterfly bush and wasn’t sure if I should trim it back now. It grew alot last summer and want it short and shaped up. So it’s ok to trim it now I guess?

wolverinefan on April 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I’m pulling for all of you with prayers daily and sending love.

Opinionator on April 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I could really, really use those prayers OP!

Got back from the Bahamas and ended up sick for three days…then I had a follow-up mammo and the radiologists doesn’t like the change with an area on it since the last one 6 months ago! Waiting for the the HOP to call and set up an appt. for a biopsy. I am very, very nervous,,,he tried to reassure me saying 3/4 of the biopsy’s are negative so I’m holding on to that hope!

Don’t mean to get so personal but I really am asking for my fellow gulchers, whom are prayerful, to keep me in your prayers!

wolverinefan on April 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM

wolverinefan on April 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Oh wolvie, I am so very sorry you have to deal with this!! I have had to wait for test results very much like that twice now. . . and understand.

You must rely on that good stat you received! It is an excellent number!!!

Whenever I have to face fear, I try to remind myself that I can choose either faith or fear, so which would I prefer? It is so easy to say that, but I have found the most peace of mind when I am able to just turn things over to God.

I am holding you very, very close in my heart, thoughts and prayers. You are a Most Blessed One and you are not alone!

Sending lots of love and hope your way! Stay close to us here, wolvie, hold tight and know it is going to be all right.

I promise. I have already begun my conversation with God on your behalf…

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM

wolverinefan on April 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM

…prayers for you wolvie!
…you’ll be ok!…(and thank you Op for your words!)
…I’m thinking of getting a Butterfly bush…they do bring in the butterflys…the neighbor has a couple.
I just ordered another 150 seedlings from the soil and conservation department. Norway Spruce, Red Cedar, Highbush Cranberry, Ninebark and Button Bush. I need to get a half a dozen nursery bushes though for close to the house…so a couple of Butterfly Bushes sound good. I always keep the bushes trimmed around the house…but I’m paying for ignoring the ones away from the house!…somehow the deer could get through all that growth…I’ll be keeping them trimmed a couple times a year now.

KOOLAID2 on April 14, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Aw… Damnit.

I just lost a very long post. Grrr… I should know better.

I don’t know if I have the patience or will to rewrite it all again.

I’ve missed you all and am praying for all the Gulchers. I am very frustrated with local politics and the entrenched GOPes in my area. More of them than you realize.

I have to go to see my mom today but I’ll try to get back later to give the big recap… again.

(Usually hitting the back arrow recovers the post, but it didn’t this time. Grrr…)

Oh, coffee’s on!

Fallon on April 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Just logging on & heard that either Clive Bundy or his Dtr is going
to be on Glenn Beck radio show. I didn’t catch which, but about 11am EST.

Will read comments in a few minutes. Have a few things to do, phone calls, etc.

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Glad to hear it survived. Leafless shrubs/bushes/evergreens are the way to go OP!! I get enough leaves from my neighbors on both sides and back, don’t need anymore, LOL

Our little evergreen survived also. It had a little freezer burn on a few of the tips, but that I think was to the new growth before winter set in.

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

In other news: Palin on Burwell

Uggggghhhh!

Opinionator on April 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Finally read that! Sarah nails it again. We can’t expect anything from B.O.’s selections other than those that are willing to carry out his orders. Like Hillary for example, who Jebbie adores and loves so much he gave her the Liberty Medal last year.

An insult & sickening as I posted upstairs on the QOTD.

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Mr. Kool, you have a forest:-)

May all the crooks have their due.

Opinionator on April 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Yes, may they reap what they sow.

Oh, on my links? LOL If I posted all I have just on the Bundy issue, ya’ll would ban me!! I’d say I have about 30 to 50 at least.
I research and collect, LOL I try to limit posting the most important.

Oh, coffee’s on!

Fallon on April 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Hi Fallon!! Hope your visit with your Mom is pleasant today. Oh I hate losing a long comment, grrr is right. Coffee is good:-)

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM

bluefox on April 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM

wolverinefan on April 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM

It’s best to trim it now. If it’s growing well, then it depends on how tall it gets. Mine gets about 10 ft or more tall, so I cut it back to about 5 ft. I cut going around the bush. Start with cutting the most outer branches first & shorter, then the inner branches a little longer using the ones you just cut as your guide.
Then another round with these being a little longer than the ones you just cut. I cut the tallest branches the least, since I want them longer than all of the others. Once you do that, you will then see if any need a trim here or there.

I cut mine back to about 4 ft last spring and it grew so much!!

It took mine about 2-3 weeks the first time I cut it back and I thot I killed it:-) But then I saw all the green sprouting out!!

Hope that helps.

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 14, 2014 at 1:48 AM

You might like this book. We bought this a few years ago. It shows various landscaping designs, plants/shrubs/trees etc all identified. What I liked about it, it shows what the design looks like in spring, summer, fall and winter. Well worth the price too.

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Someone mentioned they didn’t have garden/flower bed space but I can’t remember who. Scrumpy?

Bulbs are nice in containers. You can plant Spring/Summer/Fall & Winter Flowering bulbs and have something blooming year around!

Be sure to check for your zone & hardy vs non hardy!!

Of course you don’t need to order from this website, it’s just one to give you ideas:-)

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Made Op’s broccoli and cheddar soup tonight. Wow was that good!

Murphy9 on April 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Ok, now you have giving me the incentive to make it too!! Been so busy but now am going to make time.!!

Spanish smoked paprika, huh? Well, I’m up for that!

Thanks for your feedback Murphy9!! We know that anything OP makes is yummy!! Thanks OP!!!

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 12:46 PM

wolverinefan on April 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM

That can be scary, I know. Let’s pray everything is fine as we hold you up to the Lord to watch over you and calm your fears.

Sometimes the Doctors order many tests out of the fear of being sued too. Several of my family members have recently went thru a few of those, but all turned out well.

Sorry you got sick after such a nice vacation!! We’re used to our own area “bugs”, but not others:-)

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Mr. Bundy is going to be on Hannity’s TV show this evening.

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM

…WTF?…3 inches of snow on the ground…and it is still snowing!
…broke a record from the 1800′s.

KOOLAID2 on April 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 12:34 PM

….got something like that 20 years or so ago. Took me months of planning! I took out every ‘scrub’ tree or bush on the property…went crazy at season ending nursery sales for vegetation around the borders of the house…and ordered about a thousand seedlings (12″ to 36″) from the soil and conservation department. Those are all 40 to 90 feet high now!
I put plastic down around the house borders and put pea gravel on top…but mulch was too expensive for three rows of vegetation around the property…so I would hunt up the tree trimmers in the area , cutting limbs away from electric lines (before they dumped their chips at nursery’s…and offered them a case of beer for every load they dumped at my place. No weed whacking…and five years later they were on their own!
They say when you have overgrown bushes…you should only cut them back…about a third of the way – to where you want them, each time you trim…so it should take a couple of spring and fall trims – so you don’t ‘stress’ them……………. well…Nope!…I’ve been doing what wolvie and you have done….they look naked! I cut them by half!

KOOLAID2 on April 15, 2014 at 8:50 AM

…WTF?…3 inches of snow on the ground…and it is still snowing!
…broke a record from the 1800′s.

KOOLAID2 on April 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Only got an inch and a half but it’s stuck to the ground. Pretty, pretty snow, I missed you, lol.

What a difference a day makes.

One of my primary winning candidates let me know that my precinct gave him the highest percentage of votes in the entire county. I needed to hear that.

I cornered a county official last night and unloaded all my concerns and gripes with the local party. It was great. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders. I will most likely be blacklisted for a while, but it was worth it, lol.

Tomorrow night, at the county convention, I will vote my conscience and not be a rubber stamp for the good ole boys. That’s why I ran for PC, to make a difference not friends. Hope I feel as brave tomorrow. LOL

Coffee’s on.

Fallon on April 15, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I will most likely be blacklisted for a while, but it was worth it, lol.

Coffee’s on.

Fallon on April 15, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Hahahahaha re the first sentence! I have no idea why I woke up so early but I came here first and you immediately had me laughing! Good to see you :), Sis. You’re good for me/all of us.

And your coffee beats my instant any day – thanks.

Won’t your vote be private? Or is it the situation where you’d be the only vote against the GOB’s (heh) and they’d all immediately know it was you! LOL. Be brave, Mama Griz.

I was thinking about getting one of these for the Gulch. What do you think? I have no idea how they work but the fact that they can roast a whole pig in four hours sounds pretty cool to me, particularly since money is no object :)

Opinionator on April 15, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Opinionator on April 15, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I’m partial to the red one on the bottom right but any of them would be wonderful to play around with…

It’s a voice vote. I have to stand, announce my name, precinct and for whom I cast my vote(s). The votes are weighted to reflect voter turnout in your precinct. I, unfortuntely, don’t have a large precinct and had a normal turnout (not large due to it being a primary). Empty precincts must be voted in the same percentage as the elected precincts. So, say 9 PCs in a township vote one way and 1 votes another way, if there are empty precincts, all things being equal, the empty precincts are cast 90% for one and 10% for the other. Which gives the one opposing vote a bit more clout when added to the other townships’ votes. It should be interesting.

Fallon on April 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Fallon on April 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Interesting. Are you voting for leadership positions within the party at this convention? Are ‘empty precincts’ those without any representation? The weighted system appears to be fair (with respect to them, at least) – other than the vagaries of size of precincts – and no doubt the GOB’s are from the larger districts.

I know it’s easy for me to sit here and say this, but I believe you should be true to yourself and your reasons for running in the first place, vote your conscience and any possible fallout be damned. You are a woman of substance and integrity. I’m quite sure that you will continue to make inroads bit by bit, regardless of any initial flak you might receive. I also suspect you will garner respect in the process, even from purported ‘enemies’. I know I found that to be true in the legal arena with opposing lawyers – over time. .

[Side story. I once worked on a case against the famous Melvin Belli (known as 'the king of torts'). Our world renowned neurologist was nervous about being cross examined by this notorious pit bull of a lawyer. I took him to lunch, reminded him of his own awesome credentials - and reminded him that all of us sit on the very same pot (ahem). He performed spectacularly and we won the case.]

As for the roaster, I’ll order the red one – that’s my favorite, too :). We can figure out how it works when it gets here, pre-assembled no less! I’m also ordering a lot of charcoal for it and a variety of woods for smoking this summer.

I hope you and Champ enjoy your last (short lived!) snow of the season :).

Opinionator on April 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Wolvie – I woke up with you (and my insurance claim) on the brain. God is going to get sick of my constant yammering in his ear, but I will be relentless until I know all is well. . .

Making some grilled cheese sammies and tomato soup for you and all the Gulchers on this snowy (and in my case, rainy) day.

Opinionator on April 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Okay. Martha and Roberto show us how to cook a suckling, Hungarian pig, with a mojo (Cuban – but I’d also add some rum as you would in a mojito drink) injected marinade and spice, served on Portuguese rolls (!). Now what could be bad about that??? HA!

Looking forward to our new toy :) Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. [I once made mojito marinated pork (with black beans, rice & etc. for a bunch of dentists and I promise it's mighty good :)]

Opinionator on April 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Popping in and out. If Levin is back, he’ll be discussing the Liberty Amendment. I read that Michigan has passed it & that should be the # of States now that are needed.

Also he’ll most likely discuss Mr. Bundy. A lot going on there and it doesn’t sound good. Pray for them.

I’m preparing fillet of Cod with a potato/cheddar/chive crust browned in butter. White rice with butter & parsley. Then steamed broccoli to go with it.

We got snow too overnight/early morning. Maybe 2 “. It looks like patches of cotton candy on the grass, LOL Cold tonight too, 18-20.

Will catch up with your comments later.

bluefox on April 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

…It’s a smoker too!…I like everything to come assembled!…I hate it when I have to assemble things and the directions say “approximately 30 minutes to assemble”…and I’m done over 3 hours later…and then have parts left over!…when there shouldn’t be any!

KOOLAID2 on April 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM

IKEA is your store!

Murphy9 on April 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM

IKEA is your store!

Murphy9 on April 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM

….funny you should say that!…I just spent all day putting a new bedroom set together for my daughter… from that store…of course I had her ‘supervise’…so she didn’t have ‘extra parts’ (:->)…and yes…I think I needed twice the time ‘normal people’ would take to put it together.

KOOLAID2 on April 15, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Opinionator on April 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I can’t thank you enough, OP! Your words are truly inspirational and have given me hope. I’m scheduled tomorrow for the biopsy so keep on yammering :)

wolverinefan on April 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM

…prayers for you wolvie!
…you’ll be ok!…(and thank you Op for your words!)
KOOLAID2 on April 14, 2014 at 1:48 AM

bluefox on April 14, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Thank you both for your prayers and encouragement. With all these prayers ascending I know I’m in good Hands!

wolverinefan on April 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM

wolverinefan on April 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM

You were in good hands before all the prayers, but more going up for you.

@Fallon, you amaze me. Be courageous and vote your conscience. You ran to make a difference and have your voice heard. Let it roar :)

@Op, such a kind, generous heart you have. You do make me smile.

@MrKool, I’m seriously jealous and miss the acres I once had to plant and play on!

@blufox, it was me that has no place for planting. My window sills are festooned with orchids, african violets and other assorted greenery to bring a bit of nature indoors. Thanks for the ideas!

And lastly, if you missed this on QOTD, give this a read. Pointnclick nails it! Must warn of colorful language though.

Coffee is on!

pillepalle on April 16, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Coffee is on!

pillepalle on April 16, 2014 at 4:09 AM

…he is good!…(I always have to press 1 for my colorful language…and then 2…for English)I had him bookmarked when he first started here…and he had been writing regularly…and his archives were entertaining…then there was nothing for months…I would check periodically…and I hope with his talent he keeps it up again.

…(and everybody…Yammer!)