Quotes of the day

posted at 9:21 pm on January 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit issued a decision finding that the Jan. 4, 2012 recess appointments of three members to the National Labor Relations Board were invalid. In response, Chairman Mark Gaston Pearce issued the following statement:

“The Board respectfully disagrees with today’s decision and believes that the President’s position in the matter will ultimately be upheld. It should be noted that this order applies to only one specific case, Noel Canning, and that similar questions have been raised in more than a dozen cases pending in other courts of appeals.

In the meantime, the Board has important work to do. The parties who come to us seek and expect careful consideration and resolution of their cases, and for that reason, we will continue to perform our statutory duties and issue decisions.”

***

Pearce, in short, is indicating that the NLRB’s strategy is to act as if the court’s ruling that the appointments were unconstitutional somehow only applies only to the particular case that went before the Appeals Court and hope that the White House can get the Supreme Court to quickly review the case.

It’s a pretty brazen strategy, but consistent with a broader administration strategy to simply ignore the court’s ruling.

***

Under the court’s decision, 285 recess appointments made by presidents between 1867 and 2004 would be invalid.

The Justice Department hinted that the administration would ask the Supreme Court to overturn the decision, which was rendered by three conservative judges appointed by Republican presidents. “We disagree with the court’s ruling and believe that the president’s recess appointments are constitutionally sound,” the statement said…

If the ruling stands, it would invalidate more than 600 board decisions issued over the past year. It also would leave the five-member labor board with just one validly appointed member, effectively shutting it down.

***

In the current atmosphere of partisan gridlock, which often involves thwarting of presidential nominations, the ruling provides a major new opportunity for a minority in the Senate to deny the President the authority even temporarily to put a new government officer to work in a vacant spot. When a vacancy arises while Congress is in session, and the Senate does not act on it, the President will not be able to fill it during the next time the Senate takes a break. The ruling came one day after the Senate chose not to make a major change in its filibuster rule, which is the main weapon of a Senate minority seeking to challenge presidential action…

The ruling, however, is not confined to the situation at the NLRB. As an interpretation of the Constitution’s words dealing with temporary government appointments, it would extend to all federal agencies whose officers are nominated by the President and require Senate approval — including federal judges. In practical effect, the decision basically will confine presidents to making government appointments in the usual way: sending nominees’ names to the Senate, and then letting the Senate proceed — or not — to give its “advice and consent” to such nominations.

***

The judges observed that no president from George Washington through Abraham Lincoln ever attempted to make an “intrasession” appointment (that is, an appointment when Congress was in session) without the advice and consent of the Senate, as Obama attempted to do. From the end of the Civil War through the end of World War II, only three such appointments were attempted. In the judges’ words, “[I]t is well established that 80 years after the ratification of the Constitution, no President [had] attempted such an appointment, and for decades thereafter, such appointments were exceedingly rare.”

***

Possessing only the dimmest memory that I’d written about the recess-appointment controversy before, I looked it up to remind myself of the details. Only then did I remember that … oh dear … I thought Obama’s recess appointments were probably unconstitutional at the time. Reviewing my arguments, and the facts, I find myself persuaded all over again. (For a contrasting view, read my TNR colleague Jon Cohn’s defense of the recess appointments.)

The Senate was not technically in recess. It was being kept by mischievous Republicans in a kind of self-induced coma over the Christmas holiday break, expressly to block Obama from making any recess appointments. So Obama basically said, “If it quacks like a recess, it’s a recess, so here come my recess appointments.” The problem with that approach is that there were comparable periods when the Senate was non-functional but clearly not in recess–say, weekends. Weekends quack like a recess too! Was Obama implicitly giving himself the power to make recess appointments 52 weeks a year? That didn’t sound kosher to me. Most troubling of all, nobody seemed able to come up with any persuasive precedents.

***

Here’s the deal. Senate Republicans have decided that the way to prevent regulations they don’t like is to simply refuse to confirm any nominees to any agency they don’t like. They’ve done it with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. They’ve done it with the National Labor Relations Board. And they’ve done it with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. “We don’t like these agencies so we’re going to starve them of people and resources.” It’s a classic Republican play…

The way to handle obstructionist senators isn’t by empowering the executive beyond constitutional limits. It’s for non-obstructionist senators to work within the rules to find solutions that allow the body to move forward on the people’s business despite the bad faith of a vocal minority.

***

Over the past year, many companies and conservatives have criticized Obama’s NLRB for issuing a slew of sweeping pro-labor rulings. But Kate Bronfenbrenner, a labor expert at Cornell, says the past year hasn’t been particularly unusual. Labor boards appointed by Democratic presidents tend to look more favorably on workers and unions, while those appointed by Republican presidents tend to side with employers.

“It’s always been a political agency,” she says, “and it always swings back and forth.”

Bronfenbrenner adds that if the D.C. Circuit Court’s ruling is upheld and the NLRB does have to shut down — and if it sees a year’s worth of work invalidated — that could make the agency even more dysfunctional in the years ahead. That’s because all of those cases from 2012 will have to be reheard, and new cases will keep piling up. “If and when the Senate finally does confirm new appointees, the new board will have to confront a huge backlog.”

***

Our constitutional-law-professor-in-chief ignored this advice and is now hoist on his own petard. He is worse off than he was when he started, because the court’s ruling invalidates all appointments made during recesses that occur in the middle of a Senate session…

The third setback for the administration is that many of the actions of the Consumer Financial Protection Board (CFPB) are in doubt as well. Richard Cordray, who received a purported recess appointment on the same day and in the same manner as the three invalid NLRB members, would have been the first head of that agency. Thus, no prior head of the agency could have made lawful delegations of authority. Moreover, the CFBP’s organic statute provides that no acting head may issue regulations. The eventual effect of today’s decision on pending and future CFPB actions will take many months to sort out, but the rest of the D.C. circuit is bound by the ruling today unless the entire court reverses it.

Our unilateral president must take his unilateral medicine.

***

Consider the utter chaos caused by Obama’s power grab. In all likelihood, the rulings in the cases above will be voided. What happens to the employee who paid money into a union as a result of one of those cases? An employer who had to pay higher wages or pay money into a union pension plan? What if an employer had to shut down because of a union contract that he never should have been forced to sign? The myriad of complications and the economic and personal dislocation could be tremendous.

This, by the way, is the very reason why the rule of law is so valuable — it provides clarity, dependability and finality. But not in the Obama era.

***

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Thank you 4Grace. Things are starting to return to a bit of normal. I have been covered up busy with work and of course the rest. But yes, better each day. I have started to come here to HA more as a distraction at first. But its starting to feel more like the old grove. I have to be away quite a bit here shortly. So…..

Thank you for thinking of us, it means the world to me. xoxo

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Kool has me returning a favor over on the Palin thread. He wants to hit 1000. Still a ways to go. ; )

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

You’re a good man, B. I’m fresh from a hot shower & feeling so nice & mellow. Ain’t no way I’m wading into that thread. Lolz

(I did skim it earlier & I’m glad I wasn’t logged in. I wanted to do physical harm to BG.)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Evening Jackie! All is well for you I presume?

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Help Me Baby – Ten year After

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

The honor is mine..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Good evening, Bmore! It’s wonderful to see you this evening!

Yes. I’m fine. I’ve been very busy… lot’s of things to do… people to see… places to be! LOL!

I hope you and Mrs. Bmore are very well. :)

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Lol! You know me, love to rile them up when I can. They love it! ; ) Guess I’d better get back over there for a few. Kool has always had my back so……….

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

And Palin has done more for …. wait… wrong thread. Sorry.

BoxHead1 on January 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Thank you for thinking of us, it means the world to me. xoxo

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

XO :)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Sorry, no cutting in line.

katy the mean old lady on January 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Good evening and welcome, Jackie.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM

…(making an early heads up for the morning crew)
There’s coffee and dougnuts over at the Palin thread!

KOOLAID2 on January 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Good evening, Grace! Always a pleasure to see you here. You sound like you’ve had a very nice evening. :)

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Haha. Give ‘em hell, B!

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I have a legal question. If the Labor Board is going to proceed as usual, does any person or business have a legal obligation to follow their dictates? I mean, can they just flip them the bird, or must everyone wait until SCOTUS rules?

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I think it depends upon the degree of risk those people want to take on. Based upon the court ruling, none of the board’s actions taken since the illegal appointments are valid and no one is obligated to follow any rulings issued. However, if the decision is overturned by Benedict Roberts and company, then those people who have defied those board dictats could find themselves fined and owing retroactive compensation.

Note: I am not a lawyer, this is based upon various readings in the past regarding other cases.

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

MarshFox on January 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

While in truth I am not the most humble individual on earth, far from it no doubt, I do appreciate your kind words. Provoking people to think is exactly what I strive to do with each of my articles.

Something that I noticed early in my life as a consequence of my reading habits, was how profoundly our generations thought processes had changed from those of the older generations. The change becomes profoundly noticeable in the writings of various authors from late 18th and early 19th centuries on.

Oscar Wilde, in “A Picture of Dorian Grey” seems to be attempting to make that change in thought process evident. Dorian’s obsession with the now as a constant moment seems to me to be an extrapolation on how society itself was changing it’s way of thinking based on the metronomic ticking of the second hand of the clock.

Many a conspiracy theory exists regarding ancient monolithic structures,and those conspiracy theories exist primarily because of that shift in thinking. How could the ancients possible have built the Great Pyramid or Puma Punku with the technology they had at hand.

Well, the answer is, that they did it slower and with brute force because they did not think the same way we do now. They did not think in terms of how many months would it take to build a massive structure. They thought in terms of, how many generations would it take.

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

The honor is mine..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

It’s Friday night. Let’s spin some tunes, friend!

Remember THIS ONE?

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Sorry, no cutting in line.

katy the mean old lady on January 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

LOL. I think there were enough of us to take shifts & have it more than covered.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

That’s great, man.

Rusty Allen on January 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Good evening, Bmore! It’s wonderful to see you this evening!

I hope you and Mrs. Bmore are very well. :)

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Ken and I were playing some of your favorite songs last night hoping it would provoke your appearance… ;)

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

BoxHead1 on January 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Exit Stage left..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

78 more, get your ass back here Kool!

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Crap wrong thread.

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM

You sound like you’ve had a very nice evening. :)

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I have! Was a stressful day, so I’m finishing it off with a hot shower, an adult beverage, a brownie and time with HA friends. :)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:04 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Think Airplane!

katy the mean old lady on January 26, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Good night everyone, mid afternoon here and much to do.

I’m late / I’m late / For a very important date. / No time to say “Hello, Goodbye”. / I’m late, I’m late, I’m late.

Bmore, good luck with the Palin thread, and Jackie try and keep him honsest:)

4Grace, we haven’t formally met, but I had seen one of your post earlier this week, I had an answer for you but since your all off when I am working, I will try and find it get back to you:)

MarshFox on January 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Good evening, Bmore! It’s wonderful to see you this evening!

I hope you and Mrs. Bmore are very well. :)

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Good! We are doing well thank you. I am glad you too have been busy. An idle mind can make for a very empty purse. ; ) I am over on the Palin thread for just a bit. Be back shortly.

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Thanks, AZ!

BTW, how is your eye doing? Healing properly, I hope.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM

That’s great, man.

Rusty Allen on January 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Like I said, read enough of the ancient texts, the Mahabharata, The Egyptian book of the Dead, Socrates, Plato, Sun Tzu, the Bible and it will eventually become obvious to you that our perception of time has profoundly altered the way we think and perceive our world.

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM

lolz..Only if you remember this one..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Think Airplane!

katy the mean old lady on January 26, 2013 at 1:04 AM

ROFL

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM

MarshFox on January 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

No, we have not formally met, but I admire your comments and will never have the words to thank you for your service! Take care out there!

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM

BTW, how is your eye doing? Healing properly, I hope.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Hi Grace. Had a Dr.’s appointment today; no real news, the cataract that the treatment has induced is getting to where he can’t see how things are going. I don’t think I am seeing any shading, but it’s hard for me to tell as well. I just need to be patient, my next appointment is in two weeks. Makes for too much time to fret. I have to keep remembering that this is all in God’s hands and that I can’t do anything to improve the healing nor prevent scar tissue formation. I can only do things that would cause harm to the process. I will be able to go back to work in a week since I have a desk job.

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Only if you remember this one..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Yeah! Another blast from the past. Wow, it’s been so long since I heard that.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Remember this??..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM

We are hoping and praying for the best!!!..:):)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I want a brownie!

Rusty Allen on January 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Thought you would enjoy the white rabbit quote:) Had to answer that post though. I agree I have seen that too, that is why I said that the collapse is inevitable, we cycle not just as a certain country but as planet, we live on an organism, a living breathing organism, and most of the ancients understood that, we however don’t. It will heal itself, fight infection and all that, in its time in spite of us. I think the ancients were way smarter than we give them credit for. Maybe it is the farmer in me, I am more fascinated buy what is around me then I ever will be with technology. The engineer in me would love to really see how they accomplished things. Like them walking the heads on Easter island, like you said, so simple its obvious. I am going to give you a little secret insight, not to long in the future, I am going to release a series of essays about my childhood probably on my wifes website, in it you will see I hope that site you were talking about that we have lost, maybe:) Btw, no I don’t beleive in the global warming hoax, I think it is all a natural cycle that for me, was made by God. I know, I am Catholic and libertarian, what a combination, oh and just to dispell, I am not a Ronulian, plus I understand national defense in a way his followers don’t. Ok I am out:)

MarshFox on January 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I will continue the prayers. If you are anything like me, patience is one of those virtues that I have to constantly re-learn. :D

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Minor food fight over on Palin thread. I might have to shoot some trolls with a high pressure fire hose. Then wet tasering.

SparkPlug on January 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

…it’s ok!…her scales are falling off…the nuttier she gets…the more the scales fall off…fish need them to swim and get oxygen…Did you see her on the threads about cyber relationships? (regarding the Notre Dame football player)…she’s scary!

KOOLAID2 on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Wow..There are 3 novels?..What is the name of the one we have not mentioned??..:)

PS..Thanks for the comment..Looks like I have some reading to do!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Actually, it is now up to eight Bob Lee Swagger novels …

Bob Lee Swagger Series
1.Point of Impact (1993)
2.Black Light (1996)
3.Time to Hunt (1998)
4.The 47th Samurai (2007)
5.Night of Thunder (2008)
6.I, Sniper (2009)
7.Dead Zero (2010)
8.The Third Bullet (January 2013)

Sorry for the delay in responding, my dog and I were out listening to the night.

I made him come in … 19 degrees and he’s perfectly happy laying in the snow.

PolAgnostic on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

glad handing and all — the usual qotd folks…
Very nice to see INC, yay!
Nothing, really doesn’t matter.
Bait for a Bish, er lure.
Siberian Khatru just like that
Heh, haha.
… the Glade
Talk, talk, talk, appear on ‘a show’.
Perhaps some of the best of Bill Bruford. No kidding.
Yep.

mickytx on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Remember this??..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Haha, dang. You are so good at pulling up those songs. Forgotten, yet instantly remembered.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Remember this??..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Splat….

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I want a brownie!

Rusty Allen on January 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Come on over, Rusty! They’re actually brownies with peanut butter topping. You know, health food. :)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM

PolAgnostic on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Wow..I have some reading to do..Serious reading..I will be honest..I had no idea there were this many..:)

PS..Thanks for the reply back and the info..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM

MarshFox on January 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

You might enjoy reading up on Kondratieff Waves if you haven’t come across them before. This is just a starting point:

PolAgnostic on January 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Let’s play an Ace..Our only Ace..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

SparkPlug on January 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Can’t believe that thread is still going. Once per day HA just needs to throw up a thread entitled Palin. Lolz, it will always get a bazillion comments.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Patience is tough, it’s just too easy to postulate bad things happening and after two previous surgeries that were not fully successful, it really makes it too easy to be pessimistic. I know that God’s will will be done, I’m just not sure what that will be.

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

No, I missed that one. I heard it was an instant BG classic.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Those are the best!

Rusty Allen on January 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM

mickytx on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

OK, I gotta admit that your comments are always a trip. Can’t tell if you’re drinking, or just free-form writing. Both?

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

MarshFox on January 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

It never occurred to me that you might be a Ronulan, no need to dispel. As a Constitutional Conservative who leans Libertarian I must confess that most Ronulans strike me as Bi-polar individuals who have stopped taking their meds.

The intensity with which they are convinced that only they and Dr Paul are intelligent enough to understand what is transpiring around us, that the rest of us are all fools easily duped along with their whole Art Bell two feet past the outfield fence vibe just leaves me feeling sorry for them.

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Splat….

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

That’s one of those songs that gets stuck in my head. (For better or worse)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Let’s play an Ace..Our only Ace..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Yes, the only one!

And now, for something Sweet…

(P.S. I just know you’re jealous of the dude’s hair.)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Nice..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Well, if I ever needed a reason to abandon my atheism…

lol

Resist We Much on January 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM

These guys might be up your alley, then! Part Time Christians

Bowling Pin Massacre

Do it!

Check it out
I’m a kingpin, a bowlin’ fool
I’m here to tell you why bowl punks rule
See we mow ‘em down when put to the test
We’re the B-O-W-L-O-S
Bowling pin massacre!

Understand that 300 pins must go down
For you to be the grand poobah of your town
Everybody rock the house to the bowlin’ beat
Get into the alleys, off the street
Bowling pin massacre!

My turn
I stagger to the wood, grab the ball
The pins see it comin’, down they fall
I turn to my homeboys & say with a grin
“I’m a damn good bowler for the shape I’m in!”
Bowling pin massacre!

B-b-b-bowling pin massacre!
Strength

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Well, time for me to get out of here for the evening. Goodnight all.

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

AZfederalist on January 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

You just hang in there..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Oh, and it was a perfectly good monitor, too.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Yay! Victory!

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

lolz..Speaking of jealous..Someone left a pack of smokes!!..:)

PS..Not my brand!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Goodnight, AZ!

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

(P.S. I just know you’re jealous of the dude’s hair.)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Bahhh, he has sissy feathered hair… Something better…

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Yay! Victory!

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Perseverance is a very admirable trait, Mr. B. :)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Man, the Palin thread was a marathoner. :-)

tommy71 on January 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Yes, the only one!

And now, for something Sweet…

(P.S. I just know you’re jealous of the dude’s hair.)

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I like their take on “The Immigrant Song”!

Sweet – “Burning”/”Someone Else Will” (R-rated live version)

How are you, 4Grace?

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Oh, and it was a perfectly good monitor, too.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM

?????

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Here ya go Kool.

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

lolz..Speaking of jealous..Someone left a pack of smokes!!..:)

PS..Not my brand!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Haha, good teaser. I had no idea what song it was going to be!

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:54 AM

BG has a few screws loose. Thats the only thing that makes sense.

tommy71 on January 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

MarshFox on January 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Good afternoon, to you, MarshFox! Sorry I missed speaking with you. I’ve only just popped back in, myself. So much to do, no goldbricking for me,either, even in the Glade. :) Take care and I’ll see you soon! :)

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Is Jackie around?

tommy71 on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Dire Straits

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

One man’s “scary” is another’s “sexy” – bluegill, like fine wine, keeps getting better with time! :)

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Bahhh, he has sissy feathered hair… Something better…

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Lol, I was joking. His hair looked like something from one of the Abba chicks.

Gawd, we played that album to death when it came out. Thin Lizzy!

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

mickytx on January 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Just trying for the music of the sad draining of our Republic.
I am not amused. I am not giving up. I’m not giving down, either.

I don’t mind what you think of me, at all.
Don’t worry that I occasionally speak (write) in proper English…
Where are the punctuation nazzes when we need them?

You, the commenters, keep me alive and I you.
Just so you know…

Admittedly horrible at formatting. That too is funny.

mickytx on January 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM

tommy71 on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Around where, Tommy? LOL!

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM

How are you, 4Grace?

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Wow, that intro pierced my eardrums. lol

I’m groovy, AC. How about you?

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Oh, lol. Jackie, KCB left a message. He says that hes sorry he couldn’t stick around to meet up with you. Just thought I’d convey it.

tommy71 on January 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Just trying for the music of the sad draining of our Republic.
I am not amused. I am not giving up. I’m not giving down, either.

I don’t mind what you think of me, at all.
Don’t worry that I occasionally speak (write) in proper English…
Where are the punctuation nazzes when we need them?

You, the commenters, keep me alive and I you.
Just so you know…

Admittedly horrible at formatting. That too is funny.

mickytx on January 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Prose in Anapestic tetrameter no less… o_O

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM

tommy71 on January 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Thank you, Tommy, that was very kind of you. I appreciate it very much. :)

I’m sorry to have missed Ken, too. We’ll catch up with one another soon.

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM

?????

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

The Ronulans/Art Bell comment made me spew my drink. Too funny. Thus, the monitor remark.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 2:04 AM

As The Years Go Passing By – Moore

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on January 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM

?????

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Ahhh, sometimes my snark comes out to play, and get a little rambunctious… O_O

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Winters. I always put on weight in winters, and lose them in summers. Hate the winters. :-)

tommy71 on January 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM

lolz..Speaking of jealous..Someone left a pack of smokes!!..:)

PS..Not my brand!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

When I posted some Rupert Holmes last week, annoyinglittletwerp said it was grounds for banning!

ZZ Top – “Cheap Sunglasses” (live)

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Explicit Message To Obama, His Administration, and His Propaganda Media

williamg on January 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Here ya go Kool.

Bmore on January 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

…thanks!…just wanted to see one 4 digit comment thread for a change!

KOOLAID2 on January 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

…yeah!…but you’re talking YEAST here !

KOOLAID2 on January 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM

mickytx on January 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I didn’t mean to offend. I just have a difficult time following your posts sometimes. Don’t worry. Contrary to what some would have you believe, I don’t think there are many of us that are willing to give up or give in.

Again, apologies if I offended you. I should have worded my response differently.

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Wow, that intro pierced my eardrums. lol

I’m groovy, AC. How about you?

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Glad to hear it – both about your eardrums and your grooviness lol :)

This represents my present feelings pretty well, when I think about bluegill

Mrs. Miller – “A Groovy Kind of Love”

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM

We will have to file a protest!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Mrs. Miller – “A Groovy Kind of Love”

Anti-Control on January 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM

OMG, I cannot breathe! That sucker is bookmarked. BWAHAHAAA

4Grace on January 26, 2013 at 2:17 AM

SWalker on January 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I agree..That is the signature..But this is the full monty..:)

Dire Straits on January 26, 2013 at 2:18 AM