Open thread: Feinstein assault-weapons ban stage show

posted at 10:01 am on January 24, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

It begins at 11 am ET, and it should be a big event.  Senator Dianne Feinstein will surround herself with dozens of weapons that her new bill, being introduced today in the Senate, will ban.  According to Dana Bash at CNN, she’s learned something from David Gregory, too:

Actually, I’m not sure that the DC police would have done anything about it anyway.  Article I, Section 6 states clearly that:

They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

I guess it could have been considered a felony to have all those weapons together in one place, but if so, doesn’t that undermine the need for the ban? Still, better to get the police informed up front rather than have the DC AG give a lame excuse later for not prosecuting a lawbreaking stunt. Katie Pavlich has more on the substance of Feinstein’s proposal, and this part will be the most contentious:

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

ATF, ATF … say, wasn’t that the agency that shipped the same weapons over the border without demanding fingerprints, registration, or even an attempt to track them?  Sounds like putting a tax cheat in charge of the Treasury.  Oh, wait

As Katie wrote earlier, this basically treats current law-abiding citizens like criminals for conducting perfectly legal transactions in the past.  It will, in fact, turn them into criminals at some point if they don’t comply with this intrusive requirement.  And that will prevent school shootings how?

Don’t expect that to survive in the Senate anyway.  The Hill reports that Harry Reid will open the floor to amendments on the gun bill, perhaps in hope of gutting it without his own fingerprints on the knife:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday pledged to hold an open amendment vote on a major gun reform bill — a move that could trim the scope of the expansive measures being sought by liberal Democrats and gun-control groups.

The decision could significantly increase a bill’s chances of passage, granting centrist senators on both sides of the aisle more leeway to vote safely on specific aspects of gun control that could otherwise haunt them at the polls in 2014. …

The open amendment process also holds the potential to weaken the bill by allowing Republicans to put forward amendments tempering the measure’s strong language and broad reach.

The bill will need 60 votes to pass, don’t forget, even under Harry Reid’s proposed filibuster reform. Right now, with Democrats like Joe Manchin wavering and at least a half-dozen other red-state Democrats having to face voters in 2014, I doubt they can even get a simple majority for this kind of bill.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

They treat sex offenders better.

pat on January 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

That’s because they like sex offenders better.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

After the Dems overreach and shoot their eye out, they will sob and blame it on a falling icicle.

Christien on January 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Time magazine says that 600 round magazines for the AR-15 are readily available for only $25.95. Something must be done!

claudius on January 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Until you can find a way of reconciling any kind of firearms registration with the phrase “Shall not be Infringed” you basically don’t have a rational or logical leg to stand on when using the phrase “intrusive requirement”. And no Ed, “Reasonable” and “For public safety” do not count as rational or logical arguments.

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Weren’t 18th century militia expected to report for duty with equivalent equipment to the regulars, i.e. the infantry? If so, than anything less than this

is an infringement.

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

That’s why you need to shoot’em….
Hook manufacturers haven’t kept pace.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Well then, 12 gauge with birdshot may be ok for flying fish, but I spose I’ll have to get out my .22 varmint rifle for catfish in the yard…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM

claudius on January 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

They didn’t happen to print any order forms did they?

trs on January 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM

claudius on January 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Does it say where I can get one of them?
I’ve seen 100 round drums, but no mags bigger than 40 rounds (got one of those for my AK… uh that I uh lost in the lake…).
A 600 round mag should be long enough to double as a standup shootin pole – but gonna be heavy as he!!…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM

All show and no go.

Mirimichi on January 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

claudius on January 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Yeah, and I’ve got a 600 mm d*ck.

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

This is tyranny, pure and simple.
History has shown that the worst will come after they remove our weapons.
We are not somehow immune to what has repeatedly happened elsewhere. I suspect that those who suffered genocide in Germany, the Soviet Union, Cambodia and elsewhere were equally skeptical when the storm clouds were forming.

Feinstein and her ilk are the enemy. They have long ago moved from people with just a different political view, to enemies who seek to destroy everything upon which the country was founded and which we hold dear.

Good lord, the Revolutionary War was fought over grievances that were trivial compared to what is happening now.

When will we wake up?

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM

When will we wake up?

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM

At the rate we are going, only when we hear the gates of Bill Ayer’s Concentration Camps closing behind us.

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM

A 600rd mag would have to be a drum. And likely wider than Moochie’s caboose.

Liam on January 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 2:47

Well, I like to keep a .416 Rigby or .470 Nitro Express double rifle handy…just in case a Cape Buffalo wanders into the yard.
I guess either one would do for walking catfish (have you seen the size of those suckers!).

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM

The scariest thing about this press conference wasn’t all the “Assault weapons” displayed on the pegboards; it was all the Fiscal Sexual Assault Weapons standing around the podium.

djm1992 on January 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

What happens when someone who breaks the law by not registering like they are proposing, drops the hammer on either local law enforcement or the Feds that are stacked up outside their house getting ready to execute a no knock warrant? That’s my question, the even bigger question is the public reaction and especially on blogs like this. We shall see soon enough I think, and some of you may well be surprised at the reaction. Btw, it has already happened, and I am not talking about Waco or Ruby either!

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Indeed.

I’ll say one thing about Feinstein’s proposal. If you make over half of the country into instant felons, the genie will be out of the bottle.

Not only will respect for the law decline even further than it has already, vis-à-vis illegal immigration and the like, but we new felons will have very little to lose by going full bore against an increasingly corrupt and increasingly illegitimate government.

I love my country. I increasingly despise the occupying government that is corrupting and destroying it.

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Feinstein’s list:

List of Firearms Prohibited by Name

Rifles: All AK types, including the following: AK, AK47, AK47S, AK–74, AKM, AKS, ARM, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Rock River Arms LAR–47, SA85, SA93, Vector Arms AK–47, VEPR, WASR–10, and WUM, IZHMASH Saiga AK, MAADI AK47 and ARM, Norinco 56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S, Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS; All AR types, including the following: AR–10, AR–15, Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, Armalite M15–T, Barrett REC7, Beretta AR–70, Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Colt Match Target Rifles, DoubleStar AR rifles, DPMS Tactical Rifles, Heckler & Koch MR556, Olympic Arms, Remington R–15 rifles, Rock River Arms LAR–15, Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles, Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles, Stag Arms AR rifles, Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 rifles; Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1; Beretta CX4 Storm; Calico Liberty Series; CETME Sporter; Daewoo K–1, K–2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C; Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL, LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000; Feather Industries AT–9; Galil Model AR and Model ARM; Hi-Point Carbine; HK–91, HK–93, HK–94, HK–PSG–1 and HK USC; Kel-Tec Sub–2000, SU–16, and RFB; SIG AMT, SIG PE–57, Sig Sauer SG 550, and Sig Sauer SG 551; Springfield Armory SAR–48; Steyr AUG; Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rife M–14/20CF; All Thompson rifles, including the following: Thompson M1SB, Thompson T1100D, Thompson T150D, Thompson T1B, Thompson T1B100D, Thompson T1B50D, Thompson T1BSB, Thompson T1–C, Thompson T1D, Thompson T1SB, Thompson T5, Thompson T5100D, Thompson TM1, Thompson TM1C; UMAREX UZI Rifle; UZI Mini Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine; Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78; Vector Arms UZI Type; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine.

Pistols: All AK–47 types, including the following: Centurion 39 AK pistol, Draco AK–47 pistol, HCR AK–47 pistol, IO Inc. Hellpup AK–47 pistol, Krinkov pistol, Mini Draco AK–47 pistol, Yugo Krebs Krink pistol; All AR–15 types, including the following: American Spirit AR–15 pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR–15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR–15 pistol, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol; Calico Liberty pistols; DSA SA58 PKP FAL pistol; Encom MP–9 and MP–45; Heckler & Koch model SP-89 pistol; Intratec AB–10, TEC–22 Scorpion, TEC–9, and TEC–DC9; Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol; The following MAC types: MAC–10, MAC–11; Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol, MPA460 Pistol, MPA Tactical Pistol, and MPA Mini Tactical Pistol; Military Armament Corp. Ingram M–11, Velocity Arms VMAC; Sig Sauer P556 pistol; Sites Spectre; All Thompson types, including the following: Thompson TA510D, Thompson TA5; All UZI types, including: Micro-UZI.

Shotguns: Franchi LAW–12 and SPAS 12; All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following: IZHMASH Saiga 12, IZHMASH Saiga 12S, IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP–01, IZHMASH Saiga 12K, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–030, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–040 Taktika; Streetsweeper; Striker 12.

..seems to me here are some venerable companies and pretty questionable assignments of “traditional” weapons (Ruger Mini-14) in that list. She might just be up against some formidable opposition from “powerful gun lobbies”.

Tangential: banning the Mini-14 but not it’s older brother the M1A? Does this old skank realize that the Federal Government is selling its citizens semi-automatic assault weapons?

The War Planner on January 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Feinstein’s list:

List of Firearms Prohibited by Name

..seems to me there are some venerable companies and pretty questionable assignments of “traditional” weapons (Ruger Mini-14) in that list. She might just be up against some formidable opposition from “powerful gun lobbies”.

The War Planner on January 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

..sorry, I spazzed out on that one.

The War Planner on January 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

You will never see it for what it really is. When that happens the Fifth Column Treasonous Media will gin up public sentiment by declaring those individuals to be terrorists and homicidal nut jobs.

And the majority of Bloggers will follow the Fifth Column Treasonous Media’s lead and condemn them as terrorists and homicidal nut job criminals. Most “Professional Blogger’s” are a scant two steps away from being Journolisters.

In summary, I will not be surprised, I already know what is coming, and it isn’t pretty.

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

That’s booger hook off the bang switch!!

44Magnum on January 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Lol! Sorry upon rereading my comment I spelled of, off. Thanks!

Bmore on January 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM

The War Planner on January 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hey, alright – I’ve got 3 winners!!!

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

You and me both my friend, you and me both, and it saddens me that what I have spent 25 years of my life defending, my families sacrifice, is for not. Your right, they will turn their soft underbelly over to the government and the resisters will be labeled traitors. I wonder how many realize that they are being observed on this site, no wait, that could never happen. SWalker, all I wanted was to retire in peace, to be left alone, to enjoy what time I have left on this earth with my wife, we have spent way too much time away from each other as it is, way too much, the one precious thing in my life, and its not going to happen is it? I know, just crazy talk to some, the libs think that is unhinged talk, the rest, just hyperbole, yet history is repeating itself, right before our eyes.

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I wonder how many realize that they are being observed on this site

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Surely, in this day and age everyone realizes that that is being done?

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Here, I’ll prove it:

“I am going to corner the lobster market, so that only I and my friends will ever be able to enjoy a lobster.”

“I am going to corner the Kool’s cigarette market and prevent any further shipments to government addresses across the nation.”

I expect the SS to call any second.

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM

If I were you I would leave immediately and torch your house, I mean that was worse than fomenting any type of resistance to government confiscation of private property:)

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM

You can find me at the Costa Mesa gun show this Sat. Looking for big numbers just like Chicka Fil.

newportmike on January 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

The Marxists have learned a great deal from their previous failures and they are using what they have learned to corrupt America from the inside out. What will in the end happen is yet to be seen, they may succeed, or they may fail. The ending is anything but written at this point. But you are right, we are seeing history repeat itself.

Some of the “Professional Bloggers” may wake up and sound the alarm, the Fifth Column Treasonous Media is mostly lost to us though. It is lost to us for the exact same reason that the public education system is lost to us. We, the patriotic conservative American’s fell for a Marxist lie. We believed that “It can’t Happen Here”.

We went to work to earn the best possible living for our families, to provide the best possible futures for our children and we seceded education and the Media to the liberals, know knowing or understanding that they were our mortal enemies.

Well, it not only could happen here, it did happen here. If we are to wrest control of our Republic back from the Marxists we must regain control of the educational system the media and the judicial system. Otherwise they will continue to indoctrinate future generations into believing that Marxism was what the founding fathers really intended the American experience to be.

I know that bad things are coming, what I do not know is which side will eventually prevail.

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM

What an opportunity!

Once us law abiding citizens have been corralled and neutered, I’m sure Sen Feinstein will be take the opportunity to propose a significant reduction in the Capitol Police and ATF budgets and elimination of the security at her places of residence.

Say what?… You mean criminals will exempt themselves from this law too? So, she’ll be justified in keeping her security but we aren’t.

WestTexasBirdDog on January 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

We might as well give up our guns completely.

I mean really…at what point are Conservatives going to peel the “I Support our Troops” stickers off their cars and start shooting?

Never.

Excerpts from above article:

“Is it when the government starts telling you what you can do with your property? Well, we haven’t had that right since the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the various additions, court rulings, and regulatory expansions have restricted it further. While the abuse of eminent domain hasn’t quite reached Chinese levels, the Kelo ruling from the Supreme Court gives government the right to confiscate your property for minimal recompense, in order to help the investments of the rich.

How about government taking your children from you? Well, they can do that. It can be because you lost a divorce case. It can be because the government doesn’t like the names you gave them. It can be over your political beliefs. It can be over your religion – assuming they don’t just kill your family in order to “protect” them, like they did at Waco and Ruby Ridge. It can even just be for the hell of it.

How about telling you what you can eat or drink? Well, the government sends armed men to arrest people for drinking raw milk in the land of the free. And don’t you dare try to open a lemonade stand.

Shutting down your business and destroying your livelihood? Well, that happens all the time. It can be because of the “environment.” It can be because of “racism.” It can be regulation. It can be because they just don’t like you.

Waging wars of aggression based on faulty information? Well . . . conservatives, at least some of them, tend to like that. But yeah, we do that too….

Here’s the problem. You have a country where whites are officially discriminated against by the government and having their earnings savaged by taxes and inflation. They work long hours if they are lucky enough to find a job so they can subsidize people who hate them. They send their kids to schools which teach them they are evil. Meanwhile, other laws are openly ignored so nonwhite immigrants can displace them from jobs, resources, and political power. If, out of desperation, they join the Armed Services, they will be sent to die in wars fought for the benefit of someone else. In fact, one of the people they are supposed to be fighting “for” will probably be the one who shoots them. And there’s no way out.”

Liberals should just ban them and call their bluff.

Bulletchaser on January 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM

The War Planner on January 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Seems to me the companies will simply rename the weapons and continue selling them.

RickB on January 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I agree, arresting it back, especially education, I found out quite by accident that our school system is modeled after the Prussian system from old, where they mold the children to be mindless drones not to question authority, this started happening in the 1800s here, the Prussians did it because they had too many soldiers who questioned authority on the battlefield supposedly, anyway, and so it goes, but your right, it was subtle none the less, we have grown way to soft, and security and ease are way to hard to give up for true freedom.

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM

and security and ease are way to hard to give up for true freedom.

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM

True freedom is even harder to get back once lost.

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM

When will we wake up?

justltl on January 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM

NEVER.

That said, there is an answer as to when people will finally be ready to start shooting back. People will use their guns against the government . . . when the government comes to take their guns.

Of course, this has it all backwards. The guns are supposed to protect something other than themselves – property, family, liberty, anything. Instead, Americans are only willing to use their guns in order to defend their guns.

The fact is this country is far more repressive, tyrannical, and totalitarian than anything we revolted against the British for. As James Mason points out about His Majesty George III, “This man could have been called a lot of things but he couldn’t be called evil.” The American government, as a collective entity, is evil. Yet here we are, pretending we are free, defending our revolutionary heritage when all of the critical battles have already been fought and lost. If self-government means anything, we already lost it. If tyranny means anything other than “scary uniforms,” it’s already here.

Conservatives aren’t going to shoot anybody. They soil themselves when someone calls them racist, for Odin’s sake. And we are supposed to believe that they are going to take down the “God bless our troops” stickers off their SUVs and start mowing down the Marines?

Even though I despise gun grabbing liberals, let me give them some unsolicited advice. Call conservatives’ bluff.

Let’s have progressives ask conservatives when they think it is right to start killing people. Let’s cut the nonsense. Let’s see what conservatives actually think they are fighting for and what they think is important. My guess is they don’t even know.

Bulletchaser on January 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I’d “Question Authority” … but I’m afraid she’ll scream, “What difference does it make anyway!”

RedManBlueState on January 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM

You are right, and I agree, it all reminds me of the old saying about how the dead are the only ones who have truly seen the end of war. That goes for tyranny too and they are free!

Bulletchaser on January 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I think we will get our chance soon enough to see who will stand and who will roll over, I honestly believe that there will be a lot of surprised people on both sides, the libs, that someone actually stood up, the conservatives for how many actually rolled over.

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM

The War Planner on January 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hey, alright – I’ve got 3 winners!!!

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM

What do we win for three in a row? Is there a bonus replay?

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

What do we win for three in a row? Is there a bonus replay?

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Perhaps a personal congratulatory visit by DiFi with a SWAT team escort, and a long vacation at a federal resort of their choosing?…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Bulletchaser on January 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I’d be happy to go right now to an abortion “clinic” and provide a little Judge Dredd justice. I wouldn’t mind going all “Phinehas son of Eleazar” on a few sexual deviants I know too. Unfortunately, the law enforcement apparatus is a little more sophisticated than it was in the 1700s or in Exodus.

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM

What do we win for three in a row? Is there a bonus replay?

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I’ll take the Club Fed that Jon Corzine is staying at…oh wait, he’s never been charged with a crime has he?

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM

The best way to beat this is to show that no matter what law they put in to “dry up the supply” it will not happens and show drugs that are illegal by dozens of laws in every aspect are not drying up the supply. There has never been a store where you can buy cocaine in the last 80 years and the supply is not drying but increasing even more. They tried to make the country a “dry” country before and even put it in the constitution and in the end they did not get the people for alcohol violations but tax evasion.

The legal gun trade has to be a near trillion dollar industry and one wave of a law will not make that go away. It will just become a trillion dollar underground trade. There are not enough jails in the world to put near 40% of the population. Most people in jail are for drugs and then now for gun violations.

tjexcite on January 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM

tjexcite on January 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Ya, really. How hard would it be for the Mexican cartels to insert a few ARs and “high mag assault clips” into their bails of pot that continue to come across the border?
I wonder what they’ll charge us to buy back the guns Holder and compnay sold them?

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I’ll make a deal – give me the same sentence in the same resort as Holder gets for his part in F&F…….

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

FU, DiFi.

Resist We Much on January 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Bulletchaser on January 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM

This female libertarian thinks it is right to start killing people BEFORE they rape and/or murder me.

Resist We Much on January 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Go to hell Diane Feinstein.

tom daschle concerned on January 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Mark Levin taking Feinstein’s statement apart!! Said Boehner & Reid need to bring this to the floor and have an up and down vote, LOL

bluefox on January 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Just read a great story in the Washington Examiner. Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, the nation’s largest outdoor show, just got cancelled after the NRA and 170 exhibitors and individuals backed out in protest of the expo company’s decision to ban AR sports rifles.

The company claimed that the environment wasn’t conducive for family enjoyment. The reality is that it was the number of big sponsors that withdrew in protest. The Second Amendment apparently still has some life in it.

Happy Nomad on January 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

The NRA had fvck-all to do with that snowballing boycott. THey are once again tacking their name on someone else’s homwork. And the left / media are eager to blame them for the financial loss to Harrisburg – which voted overwhelmingly for Obama anyway.

You want to know what REALLY happened in that growing boycott, read this topic at arfcom -
It started with a couple small vendors taking a stand for the 2nd against the British promoter who banned AR-type rifles and related gear. The growing boycott got much more momentum when Cabelas – whose freshly printed catalog features an AR- in hunting mufti on its cover – pulled out. Then the other big vendors started bailing out.
and here

The NRA was nowhere on this, not when Reed announced the ban from the show, and not when the boycott unfolded.

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM

…SWalker, all I wanted was to retire in peace, to be left alone, to enjoy what time I have left on this earth with my wife, we have spent way too much time away from each other as it is, way too much, the one precious thing in my life, and its not going to happen is it? I know, just crazy talk to some, the libs think that is unhinged talk, the rest, just hyperbole, yet history is repeating itself, right before our eyes.

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Yes sir it is, and we who have taken the oath are going to have to fight to prevent yet another national socialist genocide, this time in America itself.
And that fight won’t be won by waiting for the no-knock in the night. It will require more active measures against our marxist / socialist domestic enemies.

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM

The first Progressive? Lucifer.

The father of Progressive thought despised the freedom of humanity.

He sought to disrupt the status quo and preached “you can be God” to those that would listen, all along wanting to CONTROL as God the very ones he told he would liberate.

He puts everything in the way of man exercising dominion over the earth that was given to humankind. Lucifer will use climate worship, exalting animals above man and ultimately extols killing in the womb as the ultimate “choice”, when it denies the very choice (of the unborn) to those weakest to object.

And wouldn’t he love to have people disarmed against the tyranny he wants to unleash on a free people (and the world)?

Darwin believed man was no better than an Animal and these modern day Progressives would agree.

You see Lucifer and Progressives look at man and see Cain and the corruption and someone easily persuaded to do evil. While Conservatives tend to look at man and see the goodness, kind heart and pleasing sacrifice of Abel.

Conservative and Progressive thought is as old as man, and actually even older. Lack, evil, the depravity of man or the goodness, love and ultimate kind heart of the human soul. Two very different views of the world and of mankind.

Do Obama, Biden, Feinstein and the other gun-grabbers see man as Cain or Abel?

You decide.

PappyD61 on January 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM

3%. Same as it ever was.

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Well, lets be fair and hear what President Lincoln II has to say on the subject on the attempt to blatantly usurp the frickin US Constitution 2nd AND 4th Amendment…

:crickets:

Yeah, figures.

BlaxPac on January 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

And 3% of the overlapping set that are 100M gun owners and 25M veterans will be more than enough to hunt down and eradicate the marxist cancer in this nation.

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM

MarshFox on January 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM

When confronted with police at the door, the vast majority of people will comply. I don’t care what noises people make now, it’s mostly bluster. A few make realistic plans ahead of time, and more may resist after the fact. But resisting a home invasion by the police is just a death sentence.

Fenris on January 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Fenris on January 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I think the main problem will be not only with those that would resist, but those that would be sent to do the “no-knock” notices.

I’m under no illusion: Most LEO’s and Gov agents (yes even the Feds) will NOT comply…but there *will* be a sizable enough contingent that will do so…some with regret…but others will do so happily and willingly.

Fortunatly, they’ll be outnumbered by those that believe in owning their firearm of choice…the scary thing is how much it seems that those that forgot ALL about F&F and how the AG that would be in charge of such a roundup has his fingerprints over trafficking the very weapons they want to deny us…ALL of them gotten illegally, I might add…and at least 1 set that was used to shoot up a block party in Mexico not that long ago.

Lastly, where are the vaunted champions of the Constitution from the Left? ACLU, SPLC, etc should be screaming from the rafters about these types of tactics, especially when we ALL know that the Law is USELESS unless you are willing and able to physically secure the weapons.

BlaxPac on January 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Christien on January 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM

No, they will blame it on BUUUUUUUUUSH!!!! We are talking about dims here, right?

clinker46 on January 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM

PappyD61 on January 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

…”old as man” Some things to think about and understand that the enemy will use anyone that wants to be used. Some are used and are unaware, so it’s necessary to be vigilant.

bluefox on January 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

The bill won’t pass. Feinstein got greedy. Back to the drawing board.

SoulGlo on January 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM

The bill won’t pass. Feinstein got greedy. Back to the drawing board.

SoulGlo on January 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM

This was simply the first shot over the bow. It was never intended to pass. She fired this shot to set the tempo of the debate knowing they would have to settle for something less. The question is: how much less?

As an aside, how did they manage to leave out the abundant SKS?

stvnscott on January 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

All this talk about “losing” guns in a lake is just evidence that people won’t stand up for their rights, not will they take the steps to get like-minded people involved en masse to stop any possible gun grab. This is the time to gather to take preventative measures to act as one against an unlawful gun grab. And to invite law enforcement to meetings to let them know our intentions are to protect our rights. Involve them and, who knows. you may find them on your side. But don’t go hiding and withdrawing. Engage proactively and prepare to stand up for our rights without violence if possible, or with it if pressed. Strength in numbers, vast numbers, will secure our rights against these marxist liars.

HiJack on January 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM

So, which is it? With whom should one’s loyalty lie?

With those ordained as priests or the Bible?

With the duly elected officials or the Constitution?

I believe the answer to such a question (Yes, it is the same question), when posed to each American citizen, will determine the rise or fall of the republic.

ROCnPhilly on January 25, 2013 at 9:02 AM

The War Planner on January 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Nice to know my Yugo SKS with bayonet and grenade launcher isn’t on the list. Probably an oversight…

dominigan on January 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM

As an aside, how did they manage to leave out the abundant SKS?

stvnscott on January 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Probably because it comes in a traditional wood stock and doesn’t look that scary…

dominigan on January 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

HiJack on January 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I guess you missed all the overt and implied sarc tags on those comments. Read them again and look for the signs. Some of us still have a sense of humor about this – or are at least willing to laugh off some of the ridiculous aspects.

In my county (El Paso, CO) because we elected a Republican Sheriff in a heavily conservative area with a lot of military – our Sheriff has already publicly stated he will not support any federal effort to infringe on the 2nd Amendment. So I’m not really concerned about having to hide my guns. Republican legislators here and in other places are also already pushing bills to say the same – as well as threaten any federal official with jail time if they try to infringe on the 2nd Amendment.

dentarthurdent on January 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

dominigan on January 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Are their guns better than their cars?

dentarthurdent on January 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM

dominigan on January 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I don’t know – my son’s Romanian AK-47 has a wood stock and fore grip and it’s on the list. So is my new Draco AK pistol (wood fore grip, no stock).

dentarthurdent on January 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM

As an aside, how did they manage to leave out the abundant SKS?

stvnscott on January 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Aren’t they Chinese made?
If so, that tells you right there why difi exempted them – her Chinese handlers told her to leave them alone.

dentarthurdent on January 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

You can get permission from the police to break the law?

federale86 on January 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM