Open thread: Feinstein assault-weapons ban stage show

posted at 10:01 am on January 24, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

It begins at 11 am ET, and it should be a big event.  Senator Dianne Feinstein will surround herself with dozens of weapons that her new bill, being introduced today in the Senate, will ban.  According to Dana Bash at CNN, she’s learned something from David Gregory, too:

Actually, I’m not sure that the DC police would have done anything about it anyway.  Article I, Section 6 states clearly that:

They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

I guess it could have been considered a felony to have all those weapons together in one place, but if so, doesn’t that undermine the need for the ban? Still, better to get the police informed up front rather than have the DC AG give a lame excuse later for not prosecuting a lawbreaking stunt. Katie Pavlich has more on the substance of Feinstein’s proposal, and this part will be the most contentious:

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

ATF, ATF … say, wasn’t that the agency that shipped the same weapons over the border without demanding fingerprints, registration, or even an attempt to track them?  Sounds like putting a tax cheat in charge of the Treasury.  Oh, wait

As Katie wrote earlier, this basically treats current law-abiding citizens like criminals for conducting perfectly legal transactions in the past.  It will, in fact, turn them into criminals at some point if they don’t comply with this intrusive requirement.  And that will prevent school shootings how?

Don’t expect that to survive in the Senate anyway.  The Hill reports that Harry Reid will open the floor to amendments on the gun bill, perhaps in hope of gutting it without his own fingerprints on the knife:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday pledged to hold an open amendment vote on a major gun reform bill — a move that could trim the scope of the expansive measures being sought by liberal Democrats and gun-control groups.

The decision could significantly increase a bill’s chances of passage, granting centrist senators on both sides of the aisle more leeway to vote safely on specific aspects of gun control that could otherwise haunt them at the polls in 2014. …

The open amendment process also holds the potential to weaken the bill by allowing Republicans to put forward amendments tempering the measure’s strong language and broad reach.

The bill will need 60 votes to pass, don’t forget, even under Harry Reid’s proposed filibuster reform. Right now, with Democrats like Joe Manchin wavering and at least a half-dozen other red-state Democrats having to face voters in 2014, I doubt they can even get a simple majority for this kind of bill.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Jeez, people! Rather than whining about the “bend-over, fold-up, ineffective GOP” all the time…why not start doing something for ourselves. Lead the way…instead of waiting around for a leader. Take the initiative.

Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Unfortunately, we do have a few Hudsons on our side:
“Maybe you haven’t been keeping up on current events, but we just got our @sses kicked, pal!”
“Game over, man. Game over,…”

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Boyo,the Dems are Heart-Stringing the Emotional Violins!!!

Emotional OverLoad!!

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Sounds to me like someone needs to invent a gun bag/case that swims

koaiko on January 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I really, really hate this lying, scheming, hypocritical, war-profiteering piece of pretentious minature poodle poop. Poetic justice dictates that she gets blasted in the crosswalk by a vintage VW microbus driven by a dreadlocked vet with a ‘script for medical marijuana for his PTSD on his way to TJ with a DOJ-arranged load of guns for the cartels.

M240H on January 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Sounds to me like someone needs to invent a gun bag/case that swims

koaiko on January 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Well, until that happens I’m sure not going to take my entire gun collection with me next time I go fishing – uh, well, if I were to ever get any more guns since I uh lost my last collection……

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hey Bishop,are you in the Freezing Zone!:)

atellite captures ice forming near the western shore of Lake Michigan, a result of the prolonged cold spell – @NOAA

5 mins ago from http://www.crh.noaa.gov by editor
==============================================

Ice Forming Near Western Lake Michigan Shore

The visible satellite image below shows ice forming near the western Lake Michigan shore:

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

She gonna stop packing heat?

(I didn’t think so.)

TimBuk3 on January 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Yeah, that’s strange, all my guns must have been made out of that new disintegrating type of metal, they all just turned to dust this morning. Huh, funny that. As soon as I read about this new Crime against the Constitution, POOF, gone! Must have been made in China or something.

Meople on January 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Sen. Feinstein on re-introducing assault weapons ban: No weapon is taken from anyone. We’re trying to dry up the supply – @ChadPergram

6 mins ago from twitter.com/ChadPergram by editor

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Nope – not possible – must be an optical illusion.
Ice can’t form there due to globull warming…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) will be brandishing a panoply of scary-looking guns at her press conference/rally in Washington D.C. today, reports CNN. I’ve taken a look at the D.C. gun law and don’t see a political-speech exception for use of banned weapons and accessories such as the high-capacity magazine David Gregory held up on Meet The Press. Yet according to CNN, “Feinstein’s office ‘coordinated completely’ with the Washington Metropolitan Police Department and U.S. Capitol Police for the display.”

We know that Feinstein may claim Constitutional immunity from prosecution as a Member of Congress, but the case of David Gregory, which was clearly acknowledged as a violation of D.C.’s law, is troubling.

Although I am not and have never been a gun owner, I believe in the Second Amendment as a bulwark of American liberty and the individual right to self-defense. So I recently joined the National Rifle Association as a Life Member.

It seems that the District of Columbia has established a “political-speech exception” to the application of its otherwise strict gun-control regime. That makes me wonder: Shouldn’t that same exception be extended to NRA members and other concerned Americans who may wish to rally in Washington D.C. with THEIR banned assault rifles and accessories, as props for THEIR political expression? If not, why not?

Brendon Carr on January 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I guess it’s too bad that I had an accident and my guns are rusting at the bottom of a really, really big lake. No compliance required now, I guess.

Physics Geek on January 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Just goes to show……

You should never mix fishing and shooting.

Unless, of course, you’re shooting fish…
…in a barrel…
……though, how the fish got into the barrel, I don’t know.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

What about the gun owner that can’t get an ID because it is an undo burden? Are they required to comply with this?

TexAz on January 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

This would be the precurser to the gun grab. They need to know who has them.

I woukd consider buy a gun just to defend myself from those who want to know.

TerryW on January 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Nope – not possible – must be an optical illusion.
Ice can’t form there due to globull warming…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Maybe it’s the reflection off of the palm trees and cactus along the shore…

Which thrive there now because of Globull Wormening.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Just goes to show……
You should never mix fishing and shooting.
Unless, of course, you’re shooting fish…
…in a barrel…
……though, how the fish got into the barrel, I don’t know.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I’ve heard dynamite is much more effective anyway…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Sounds to me like someone needs to invent a gun bag/case that swims

koaiko on January 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Word to the wise, don’t take all your guns on a tour of a metal recycling works…

Galt2009 on January 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Loved it. Cops behind her, a priest to say…whatever you call that spiel…this performance would struggle to rate a Don Delmonte F-.

CorporatePiggy on January 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Unless, of course, you’re shooting fish…
…in a barrel…
……though, how the fish got into the barrel, I don’t know.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Flying fish?

Liam on January 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Feinstein: ‘The Purpose is to Dry Up the Supply of These Weapons Over Time’
Jan 24 2013-11:35AM
********************

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Flying fish?

Liam on January 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

In that case you’d need a shotgun with bird shot, right?
Would a flash hider thingy and a bayonet lug help with those?

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Nope – not possible – must be an optical illusion.
Ice can’t form there due to globull warming…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

dentarthurdent:

I blame Mother Earth,er,The Sun,for attempting to murder off
Michiganders!

Its OutRageous!
(snark)

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

My response to every gun grabber and gun control thread –

Come and get it!”

VegasRick on January 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Flying fish?

Liam on January 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Walking Catfish…

You might have to shoot the buggers out of your backyard.

Invasive species, you know. :)

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

The first amendment to Diane’s gun grab will be that all signatories in the yea column must first spend a week in back ally Detroit, Chicago and Watts, between the hours of 10 PM and 4 AM unaccompanied and unarmed.

A map of dots representing which senator is at all times will be printed in each major east coast newspaper prior to such ventures.

Don L on January 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Flying fish?

Liam on January 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Liam:

One could lose an eye,I wouldn’t screw around,
the Mini-Gun,would be my choice!:)
(sarc)

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Pennsylvania’s largest gun show postponed following show’s decision to ban assault weapons – @pennlive

3 mins ago from http://www.pennlive.com by editor

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Any passage of these blatant restrictions on legal gun owners will make them ALL CRIMINALS in short order. Once the criminal complaints are filed, the only remedy is to confiscate. Be very aware of the fine print in the legislation. The real motive for these liberal fanatics is the end game, to completely disarm the general public.

And that will prevent school shootings how?

This was/is never the reason for the liberal fanatic’s agenda—it is only the tool to justify the means.

Rovin on January 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

@jwpetersNYT tweeted:
An arsenal to flank Dianne Feinstein at her assault weapons ban press conf. Pic attached. http://t.co/ImxuMjlS

58 mins ago from twitter.com by editor
==========================================

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Listening in and it is one emotional manipulation after another, and all the senators and rps are hitting different memes in careful coordination. Feinstein hit loopholes, McCarthy the tragic familial loss, Durbin the ‘weapons of war’ angle, Schumer we arent coming for your hunting / sport / self defense guns. CT Senator police are outgunned. Then the Aurora and Newtown Representatives tearing a those scabs. And now the Bloomberg pets.

Feinstein has a drum-fed RPD machinegun on the table, something that is NOT in the legislation, something that is already tightly regulated via NFA

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I hope those guns don’t suddenly jump off the wall and massacre everyone in the room.

Bishop on January 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I doubt they can even get a simple majority for this kind of bill.

Does`nt matter Ed, the boy-king 0bama will simply do an end-run right on past Congress and rule by fiat….as usual

NY Conservative on January 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Bishop on January 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I might enjoy seeing that happen with that room full…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Now comes the victim parade.

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Now comes the victim parade.

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I am sure Chicago is well represented.

Jabberwock on January 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Bishop on January 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Bishop:)

Terrific,Guns that are possessed,…Gun Walkers!
(snark)

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM

The whole spectacle is disgusting. The lies, the parade of victims, the fearmongering. Using mass shootings that didn’t employ so-called assault weapons as a reason for this garbage is just ridiculous.

Having a guy like Charles Ramsey advocating for this is ridiculous. This is a guy who’s been in charge of police departments in some of the most violent cities in the country, including Chicago, DC, and Philadelphia. The only thing he’s an expert on is increasing gun violence.

At least it’s god to know this nonsense is going nowhere. If they really had the people on their side, the Eastern Sports Show wouldn’t have been canceled…

PetecminMd on January 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Yeah, the “hero” Milk was quite the scumbag. But Mayor Moscone was quite well liked and Dan didn’t seem to have a beef with him. Oh well, “what difference does it make” now that Twinkies are off the market.

NOMOBO on January 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

LOL

rayra on January 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Funny how it’s OK to parade these victims in front of the cameras but try and put a commercial on that shows the gruesomeness of a late term abortion and the left will cry foul.

Our country is beyond political repair. The sooner we all realize it the sooner we can fix it.

bgibbs1000 on January 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

In reading this thread, I’m going to hereby nominate one
of our very own posters for THREAD OF THE YEAR.

Yes, BISHOP offered up a post last evening for the
“Girls like AR-15′S Thread.

Refer to his post on that thread to see the sheer
Brilliance of prose on display.

That, my friends, is how it is done.

ToddPA on January 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Of course, our feckless GOP has no counter for any of this BS. They just sit there and look like dunces in the corner as the show goes on…

Mr. Arrogant on January 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

What about the gun owner that can’t get an ID because it is an und[ue] burden? Are they required to comply with this?

TexAz on January 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Exactly! Feinstein’s bill is racist! Where’s the DoJ on this? (yeah, yeah, I know…….)

My response to every gun grabber and gun control thread –

“Come and get it!”

VegasRick on January 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I prefer Come And Take It!

GWB on January 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Come on, it’s not like women need to be afraid of crazed psychos entering their house to murder them, isn’t that right Sharon Tate?

Bishop on January 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Read it and weep, Leftist scum.

ToddPA on January 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

No surprise that they got the loony lefty from the liberal Episcopals who has taken over the National Cathedral (they didn’t build that, by the way, the originators of that church are probably spinning in their graves) to make a political speech.

The Episcopal Church is also known for holding up Gene Robinson, the adulterous, fornicating and lying bishop (who happens to be gay) as a moral example for the public. No thinaks.

Tom C on January 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Feinstein: ‘The Purpose is to Dry Up the Supply of These Weapons Over Time’
Jan 24 2013-11:35AM
********************

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Well, there’s one thing that nasty old bat knows it’s “Dried Up’.

BigWyo on January 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

ESOS show cancelled now, due to stupid decision to not allow ARs at show.

The boycott movement worked!

2nd amendment wins this round, at least :)

http://myneod.com for details

Sirdude on January 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

If it’s beyond repair, how—oh, never mind. It’s like watching chimps play with typewriters.

lostmotherland on January 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Walking Catfish…

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Is there a special trick to pulling a lure through grass to catch these things?

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

lostmotherland on January 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Irony.

kingsjester on January 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

lostmotherland on January 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

so sayeth the slowest chimp on the line….

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

lostmotherland on January 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Comparing yourself to a chimp??

Wow, we knew you were self loathing, bit isn’t this a little
harsh??

ToddPA on January 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Is there a special trick to pulling a lure through grass to catch these things?

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Train the cat to retrieve.

katy the mean old lady on January 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

Odd that this is being proposed by someone OPPOSED to the requirement that you show a valid photo ID prior to voting on the grounds that obtaining said ID would be BURDENSOME!

GarandFan on January 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

TexAz on January 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

ding ding ding

racists!!!

cmsinaz on January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

ToddPA on January 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Link? Can’t find it.

Barred on January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Train the cat to retrieve.

katy the mean old lady on January 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

That seems almost cannibalistic to send the cat after a catfish…..

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

lostmotherland on January 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Don’t you mean, like shoveling a ditch. P.S. Yours awaits you.

Go find a ditch to die in.
lostmotherland on December 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Bmore on January 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Link? Can’t find it.

Barred on January 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

ToddPA on January 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Comparing yourself to a chimp??

Wow, we knew you were self loathing, bit isn’t this a little
harsh??

ToddPA on January 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

We’re getting honesty from libs the past two days. Let it keep going!

The key word the troll left out in his weak attempt at attack–by design–is political. That was the prime thrust of the original comment made by whomever noted the truth.

Another typical liberal tactic.

Liam on January 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

GarandFan on January 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Yea, Feinstein is one disghusting vile anti-constitutionalist bigot.

I am not aware of any lists regarding the ‘worst senators of all time’, but there is no doubt that Feinstein would be right at the top of that list with Ted (hic, sorry about that Mary) Kennedy.

Freddy on January 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM

We have two party rule in America….

The Democrat Party and their media.

The gop is of no consequence AND DEAD DEAD DEAD.

Boehner will be faxing over his plan to end “gun violence” and it will be the same as Feinsteins in 5…..4……3….

PappyD61 on January 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I’m a bit rusty on my 18th century Englisj, but I really don’t see how that clause protects them as much as they think it does. I commit breach of peace if my music is too loud, and isn’t there some book that says everyone commits 3 felonies a day? Plus I don’t think there is such a thing as treason anymore the way the left has twisted the 1st amendment.

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

GarandFan on January 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Since the libs insist voting is also a “right” on par with the 2nd Amendment, here’s my proposal for voter registration just to start with:
- Must prove that you actually voted, and how you voted in every election since you reached voting age.
- Must show photo ID, proof of citizenship, and be fingerprinted at registration and when voting.
- Must provide certification from local LE that you are not a felon.
- Must provide doctor certification that you are not crazy.

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM

They treat sex offenders better.

pat on January 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Reading the passage plainly, I would have to wonder if possession of those weapons is considered a felony count in the District of Columbia. If so, then DiFi is not protected and therefor subject to arrest.

Liam on January 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I don’t have any guns. Maybe now’s the time to get one. So they can take it away or throw me in jail for having something to protect myself with. Or have some psychologist tell me I’m too crazy to have it.

scalleywag on January 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Tom C on January 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

That one just blew my mind. Have those Episcopal idiots never read 1 Timothy 3:1-3?

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

scalleywag on January 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

If you don’t have one already, it’s going to be difficult to find one now – depending on what type you want.
Simple hunting rifles and shotguns and some handguns are still fairly plentiful – others not so much.

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

- Must provide certification from local LE that you are not a felon.
- Must provide doctor certification that you are not crazy.

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Add to this list:
- Must show proof that you successfully passed a training course on the US Constitution.

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I’ve emailed the DC AG, asking for permission to possess cocaine in large quantities inside the District.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

BobMbx on January 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

“Voting to pass this bill shall be considered a violation of their oath of office to uphold and defend the Constitution. By voting to pass this bill, voters are signifying that they have willfully violated their oath, shall step down from office immediately, and shall be prevented from holding an elected office for a minimum of 10 years. Voting to pass this bill, and failure to comply with the consequences, shall be considered an act of Treason against the country, and said voter shall be taken into custody immediately and charges brought against him/her. The penalty for treason in this case shall be public hanging on the Washington Mall.”

Strangely, I’m ok with this…

dominigan on January 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Dianne Feinstein’s assault-weapons ban – will have to gain significant Republican support to pass.

Bmore on January 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Drink in the irony:

A room full of zealot anti-gun supporters and one of them waving guns around.

sslluuuurp!

BobMbx on January 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM

scalleywag on January 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Now that I can see again I’m buying one just for sheer spite.

katy the mean old lady on January 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

This is further evidence yet that the Feds are expecting some trouble from the U.S. citizenry. Feinstein is, after all, the chairman of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. The “mission” of the committee can be found from the “About the Committee” section of the government website and sounds like an agency that is designed to protect the best interests of the U.S. from outside threats. It wouldn’t take much imagination to understand that she and the 14 other members of the committee are fully aware of both “internal” threats to the U.S. as well as “external.”

Personally, I believe most of the D.C. “people in the know” are in agreement of a coming implosion of our country. Feinstein and others want to get the firearms out of the hands of citizens as quickly as possible to protect what might be left of a government and to minimize casualties when the !@#* hits the fan. I would imagine they are fighting against the clock and they are in a semi-panic mode right now.

As many are pointing out from all over the country, the government is entering a phase to confiscate as many guns as possible in a controlled, orderly fashion. There will be buy-back programs from coast to coast, and there will crusades to just simply “do the right thing” and turn in one’s firearms. Surprisingly, they will get millions of guns in this manner.

Then comes the “voluntary” phase of registered and lawful gun owners to turn in their firearms coupled with a time frame of 3 months. Follow that with daily fines for non-compliance and, again, the government will get millions of firearms. I am talking about simple revolvers, small semi-automatic handguns and common, everyday shotguns.

At this point, it’s all over for the patriots and liberty lovers of this country. There will be pockets of resistance, but our military, state and Federal, will quickly wipe them out. And then comes the implosion and who knows what from that point on.

metroryder on January 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

OH Sh*t,the Bayonets are AWOL!

UK Ministry of Defence lost 8,000 pieces of equipment, including 115 bayonets, since 2008, records show – @BBCNews

2 mins ago from http://www.bbc.co.uk by editor

canopfor on January 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Uh, didn’t you hear Baraka? There are no bayonets anymore.

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Bayonets are better than liberals because they are sharper.

Roy Rogers on January 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) will be brandishing a panoply of scary-looking guns at her press conference/rally in Washington D.C. today, reports CNN. Brendon Carr on January 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Will it be live, or green screen.

Akzed on January 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hey Ed, can you at least replace that pic of Feinstein with Kirsten Powers. I am sure she has tweeted something about this bill!

can_con on January 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

As a Catholic I am outraged.

Today, God became a prop in a political circus.

I’m just curious- where was God during Obamacare and the debate on abortion?

Our conversation on religious liberty?

The church should be ashamed. Their moral inconsistency and hypocrisy is destroying our religion.

Marcus Traianus on January 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Just read a great story in the Washington Examiner. Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, the nation’s largest outdoor show, just got cancelled after the NRA and 170 exhibitors and individuals backed out in protest of the expo company’s decision to ban AR sports rifles.

The company claimed that the environment wasn’t conducive for family enjoyment. The reality is that it was the number of big sponsors that withdrew in protest. The Second Amendment apparently still has some life in it.

Happy Nomad on January 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

can_con on January 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I’d even settle for Austin Powers. An image of anybody or anything but that old radical prune.

Happy Nomad on January 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

As a Catholic I am outraged.

Today, God became a prop in a political circus.

I’m just curious- where was God during Obamacare and the debate on abortion?

Our conversation on religious liberty?

Marcus Traianus on January 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I left the Catholic church some time ago when I realized that Church officials (from the Pope on down) were pretty much going to abandon any fight and resistance to the Obamacare contraception mandate. After much thought and pain, I simply decided “to hell with any organized religion” and I now enjoy a peaceful and fulfilling one-on-one relationship with God. Even the owner of Hobby Lobby is putting up a bigger fight than the Catholic Church ever contemplated.

metroryder on January 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Uh, didn’t you hear Baraka? There are no bayonets anymore.

Nutstuyu on January 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Well of course there are and they’re mounted using the gun’s sling attachment. And as we all know they are used as spears. If you don’t believe me just ask the Chicago Tribune. LOL

Deanna on January 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Marcus Traianus on January 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

It’s waking up, but I understand what you’re saying. : (

listens2glenn on January 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Onward 2nd amendment soldiers. Or something.

Galtian on January 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Marcus Traianus on January 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

That’s nothing new. The prophet Isaiah said pretty much the same thing about the Jewish leaders and their religion of the time, and that was in 630 BC. It is interesting that the bible warns us that one of the things the Philistines did after conquering a Jewish community was to disarm them.

tommyboy on January 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I just wish some brave Republican senator (I know, I know) would introduce an amendment to Feinstein’s bill imposing ‘common-sense media controls’. After all, it makes no sense at all to let the pornographers of violence urge some nut on to his moment of glory with their irresponsible, profit-driven wall-to-wall coverage of school shootings.

This wouldn’t have been constitutional before Heller, but now it is.

Of course, it wouldn’t (and shouldn’t) pass. But oh, the hearings would be delightful!

PersonFromPorlock on January 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM

BAN POLITICIANS first……then we’ll talk about banning a defense from their tyranny!!

“Infringe”

If it does……it’s freaking UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

PappyD61 on January 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Remember, it’s “for the children”.

Tater Salad on January 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

As soon as Reid can get Baccus, Landrieu, Pryor, Johnson, Begich, Hagen, Manchin, Udall and the other red state Democratic Senators to vote for it wake me up. Until then we need to worry about the debt.

Tater Salad on January 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

How long…..before the Federal Govt or some other govt agency tells us the proper way to urinate?

Piss……..boot…….politicians.

PappyD61 on January 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

How many gang members and drug dealers are going to submit to all of this registration of their weapons, fingerprinting, photographing, etc.? None.

This tyranny is staring us right in the face and is all aimed at you and me, the lawful, law-abiding gun owners.

TarheelBen on January 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I do not think “intrusive requirement” means what you think it means Ed. The United States Constitution says in no uncertain terms, “Shall not be Infringe” yet you are perfectly ok with a certain level of firearms registration. Firearms registration of any kind is a Unconstitutional Infringement on the Second Amendment.

Until you can find a way of reconciling any kind of firearms registration with the phrase “Shall not be Infringed” you basically don’t have a rational or logical leg to stand on when using the phrase “intrusive requirement”. And no Ed, “Reasonable” and “For public safety” do not count as rational or logical arguments.

SWalker on January 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Please remind her to keep her freaking finger out off the trigger guard!

Bmore on January 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM

That’s booger hook off the bang switch!!

44Magnum on January 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Since it is too much of a burden to have people get an ID to vote, why not have motor-votor-gun-owner registration. That way every American, illegal alien, live or dead will have a gun owners permit, rendering them useless. No ID checks at the gun store either, that would be an unreasonable burden on womyn, minorities and the elderly. After all, if you cannot place restrictions and taxes/fees on voting, how can you do it on the 2nd Amendment Right? Oh yeah, you can do same day registration and buy guns on provisional permits, with no evidence whatsoever…Then if you are searched or checked, you can do a same day provisional, same as voting… no loophole there, right…

Spartacus on January 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Walking Catfish…

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Is there a special trick to pulling a lure through grass to catch these things?

dentarthurdent on January 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

That’s why you need to shoot’em….

Hook manufacturers haven’t kept pace.

Solaratov on January 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM