Just a reminder: Obama’s still lying about his position on gay marriage

posted at 6:51 pm on January 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

Actually, this is a reminder to me too. I meant to congratulate The One yesterday on having the sheer balls to lecture America on equality for gay couples after he lied and lied and lied for years, pretending that he opposed gay marriage for no grander reason than that doing so might help him in purple states. Even the media, which has been willing to spread his disinformation with an eye to getting him reelected, couldn’t quite let him slide on that before his cynical nationally-televised “evolution” last spring. You’d think that his second inaugural, where he finally emerged from the fake-pragmatist cocoon as a leftist butterfly, would have been a fine occasion for him to admit that he’d love to impose gay marriage on all 50 states. After all, if your local legislature isn’t qualified to decide which guns should be legal, why should it decide which marriages are?

And yet, if you take O seriously, he thinks that should be decided locally — even now, after yesterday’s soaring inaugural pander. He has no choice: There are too many vulnerable red-state Democrats in the Senate for him to inch out on the limb much further on gay rights before a big national audience, so for the moment, almost uniquely in his approach to domestic policy, he’s a federalist on this issue. To believe he’s on the level, you need to believe that Obama would greet a Supreme Court decision extending marriage rights to gays under the Equal Protection Clause as something to be lamented rather than an occasion for leaping high fives all around in the West Wing. No one — no one — believes that. Not even the media.

Click the image below to watch. Exit quotation via Mark Hemingway:

Comments

He’ll act to support the gay agenda behind close doors.

That’s what true politicians do, even when they are a GOD/KING.

PappyD61 on January 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM

“Position” was an awkward choice of words….

viking01 on January 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM

chump will be so disappointed. Lol! Good!

Bmore on January 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

This about that Obama-inspired erotic novel, isn’t it?

RedRedRice on January 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

The poor, poor little bear will be devastated.

Bmore on January 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Politicians makes strange bedfellows?

kingsjester on January 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I don’t know why, but this story has put me in a better mood.

Huh. Maybe someone can explain to me… >_>

Aizen on January 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM

WHAT !!! ?!?!!?!

I don’t believe it !! You mean obama bin laden lied to win the election !!!

I AM SHOCKED !!! SHOCKED !!!!

cableguy615 on January 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM

hahahahaha gheys are just another tool in the box.
fools.

bazil9 on January 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM

The One isn’t really lying…he’s simply appeasing the big liberal gay groups like he does with every special interest group. It’s about as surprising as his initial nuanced stance on gay marriage…meaning it isn’t surprising at all. It’s a shame that most Americans only judge gays by those big vocal gay groups…it’s those organizations that do more harm than good.

What I don’t understand in this instance, is why Obama would put gays on his 2nd term agenda list. Would public opinion on that issue really hurt Democrats in the next congressional elections? Meaning, would red/purple states swing away from more centrist/conservative Democrats?

Either way, Obama has shown time and time again he can’t be trusted on just about anything.

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Love Love Love Love Love Reggie Love

Jeddite on January 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM

or should I say gay card..
next to the race spade.

bazil9 on January 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM

hahahahaha gheys are just another tool in the box.
fools.

bazil9 on January 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Bingo.. They are useful idiots whose “rights” will be used as a bludgeon to take out political enemies just like sexism/women and racism/minorities has been used..

melle1228 on January 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Used.

CW on January 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Ho Hum,another inauguration another lie.Gay marriage backers will be livid.O left the money on the night stand again.

docflash on January 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Yes melle, I know.
I am no ones tool. Many are quite useful..
like the rest. I see many trolls are gay and black..double
dumb and blind.

bazil9 on January 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM

When I was in the Army we described this kind of b-s-ing talk as “shooting someone some grease”. A serviceable term. Is it still in use?

Mason on January 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM

You mean our gay brothers and sisters can’t expect an EO mandating gay marriage any time soon?

ctmom on January 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Just a reminder…Jay Carney is still a simpering little frog turd…..

BigWyo on January 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I have a lot of trouble figuring out what are Obama’s core values. With Bill Clinton it was tough, but I settled on an interest in civil rights, and the value of education, both rooted in his experiences growing up.

With Obama … I find his moral compass simply indecipherable. When he so blatantly misuses Christian scriptures to argue for his positions, or when he misunderstands the Founder’s intent in the Constitution by miles, he does it in such a clumsy way that I can’t see a moral argument behind what he’s saying, not even a moral argument that I disagree with.

To this point I have to conclude Obama’s morality is piecemeal wholly derivative of other moral sources in a kind of hit and miss way. I wonder if he picks up a lot of the values of the women in his life. As far as I can see, he’s utterly unable to articulate the moral underpinnings of his morality.

And Obama’s position on gays and gay marriage falls under this category too. So he put gay equality in his 2nd inaugural. So, what IS his moral attitude towards gays? Who knows! You’d think, he speaks about it yesterday in the historical speech of his 2nd term, you’d think there’d be SOME moral clarity. You’d think! No, it’s just something he threw in there. Sigh.

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM

He has lied about so many things that it is taken for granted now

HAGGS99 on January 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM

50 Shades of Gay.

hillsoftx on January 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM

bazil9 on January 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM

It is so refreshing to see someone that doesn’t have to follow groupthink.

Jetboy seems of the same mind.

Barred on January 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Thx Barred.

bazil9 on January 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law, for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal, as well.

What is he saying? That men should be able to marry men, and women should be able to marry women? Why doesn’t he just come out and say it. If he’s talking about the LAW, the LAW doesn’t care what is someone’s sexual orientation. How could being “gay” or “straight” have anything to do with marriage laws? Is there a law you have to love someone to marry them, or even be sexually attracted to them? If there is I missed it.

Does anyone know what he’s saying? Is this support for “gay marriage”?

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Well put. I agree with everything you said there. And I’d ask the same question: What are Obama’s core values?

The answer to that would have to be gleaned from prior to the 2008 Democratic primary season, when he ran for the Senate…and even that election was a “gimme” for Obama…he slid into home base without a catcher.

It would include Rev Wright…his family…upbringing. But being exposed as he was to Chicago-style politics, and then his run for POTUS (that he said he wouldn’t do just a few weeks before he did run) and he learned how to be nuanced and become the caricature of a stereotypical politician who will say and do anything that his staff and pollsters tell him would be beneficial.

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Exit answer: No

MT on January 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

…THEY slid their lips… right around it!

KOOLAID2 on January 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

It is so refreshing to see someone that doesn’t have to follow groupthink.

Jetboy seems of the same mind.

Barred on January 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Seems?

ಠ_ಠ

heh, Yeah, I wish I was able to record some of the more lefty gays and their expressions when they find out I’m not one of them. Stuff like “traitor to your own people!!” and “Don’t you know conservatives/GOPers hate you?!? and a few names that I can’t spell out here.

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Then what amuses me is his typical, common moral outrage, or at least moral “high and mightiness”, where I’m not even understanding how he got to his moral position, except through, as you say, “nuance”.

I mean, how many times has he (mis)quoted Scripture, or talked about the “kind of nation” we should be, or “that’s not who we are as a country”, or “it’s the right thing to do”. Making these moral appeals, and I don’t even know what he’s talking about or where he’s coming from. I don’t even understand him enough to take him to task on his moral territory. I don’t know what it is.

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM

He doesn’t have any. It’s all a show. Many people pointed out that reelecting this fool didn’t just mean reelecting him.

You get the whole cast of characters…or their clones…Geitner, Holder, Sebeilus, JARRET. et. al.

Obama-lama-ding-dong will continue to do the song and dance while an army of liberal socialist egomaniacs continue to take a giant &#it on what’s left of this country.

BigWyo on January 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Oh well, I’m the type of guy who you’ll never pin down
Where pretty boys and girls are well, you know that I’m around
I kiss ‘em and I love ‘em ’cause to me they’re all the same
I hug ‘em and I squeeze ‘em they don’t even know my game

They call me the panderer
Yeah, the panderer
I roam around, around, around

Oh well, there’s Mo on my left and there’s Valerie on my right
And Vera is the girl with that I’ll be with tonight
And when she asks me, which one I love the best?
I tear open my shirt I got Reggie on my chest

‘Cause I’m the panderer
Yeah, the panderer I roam around, around, around

HumpBot Salvation on January 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Seems?

ಠ_ಠ

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

No, you are truly a conservative with the exception of your love of “charlie Christ” and your support of gay marriage.

And I understand completely why you support gay marriage.. now Charlie Christ may have been a brain fart on your part.

And furthermore, if I could be guaranteed that more gays are like you than Dan Savage; I wouldn’t care if you got married. Unfontunately gays have an unholy alliance with Dems who will use their rights to anniliate their political enemies.

melle1228 on January 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

with the exception of your love of “charlie Christ”
melle1228 on January 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Yeah..couldn’t figure that one out either…

Tasty Hat Sammich…

BigWyo on January 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM

What are Obama’s core values?

It would include Rev Wright…

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM

That’s just scary right there.

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I heard a pundit say that every pres gets 2 or 3 lines in the history books. zero’s first line is “the first black president”. He may be hedging his legacy just in case. 2nd line may be “first black president to say gay in inauguration speech”.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Oh I forgot

3rd line “Worst president evah”

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I disagree on the reasoning behind him not showing full public support for gay marriage. The whole notion is a huge cash cow for the left; take it away, and a significant number of high-income lefties lose a precious influence-peddling position. It also generates a lot of funding from the $2 donator, both gay and straight-but-sympathetic.

The last thing the gay agenda wants is their signature issue to go away.

When was the last time we talked about gay soldiers?

BKeyser on January 22, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Yeah.

And yesterday, he said this : For our journey is not complete until our wives, our mothers, and daughters can earn a living equal to their efforts.

socalcon on January 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

with the exception of your love of “charlie Christ”
melle1228 on January 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Yeah..couldn’t figure that one out either…

Tasty Hat Sammich…

BigWyo on January 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Crist was an epic fail on my part. I take full blame for that debacle.

melle1228 on January 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

There are quite a lot of gays that fall into lock-step with the lefty activist types. How many? I really can’t say….but I do know that the militant activists are the loudest…so they most often drown out the rest of us.

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I’m thinking his first instance of an inflated ego came when said…oficially, mind you…that the Cambridge police “acted stupidly” when they believed a black professor (professor?) to be a burglar.

And Obama didn’t get that way by himself (“you didn’t build that” haha) he surrounded himself with “yes” men and women that acted as Obama’s propaganda ministers.

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

He got beat to that by Bill Clinton.

JetBoy on January 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Yeah.

While the MSM ignores this…

Women in Obama White House earn less than men, amid ‘equal pay’ debate

socalcon on January 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I am afraid I have to agree with this analysis. Men in General watch other men and after a few hours you can generally figure out what they like and dislike. I am in Real Estate so I have trained myself to watch behaviors and cues in people to look for deep interests.

With Obama, its impossible. For Example: What really is his feelings on the Environment vs the pipeline? What really is his feelings on Freedom and being free? Why does he and Holder hate Whites so much, so openly?

On some Issues you can tell, he hates guns in the hands of the people, for example, but that was obvious back when he was supporting the Wash DC ban while saying he was for gun rights. Laughable, but you had a clear feeling of his thinking.

The deeper issues are a total blank. His speeches give no clue, he gins up hatred (“punch back twice as hard”, “they are the Enemy” while at the same time trying to seem reasonable.

Frankly, I have given up. I only watch his moves, because his moves and his mouth are guided by different minds. This is America 2.0 and we are no longer a Republic. We are “ruled” (his words) by an executive King. This is the endgame of the Frankford School, which should have been ended with the fall of the Soviet Union, but now wishes the payback to the USA for what it did. Things are going to get much worse.

Bulletchaser on January 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Does anyone know what he’s saying? Is this support for “gay marriage”?

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM

What he’s doing is redefining the issue to appease the drones.

Many of the Gay actvists are framing the issue as Gay Oppression of which the marriage demand is but one part.

It’s pablum to consolidate the grievance lobby and will likely move into a ne phase of equal pay for gays…yada…yada…yada

The idea is to perpetuate the grievance like minorities and feminists have done.

This is one tactic minority grievance groups use to fatigue the opposition.

workingclass artist on January 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Paul-Cincy on January 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Obama is a Disciple of Machiavelli.

He has no moral compass…he is a consumate pragmatist and a consumate hypocrite.

He relies on propaganda as a tool to meet an agenda of power…

workingclass artist on January 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I’m surprised that more people aren’t thinking about this from a “revenue” standpoint. Just consider what would happen if gay marriage became legal in the eyes of the federal government: gay partners could file jointly, the feds can no longer tax the value of health insurance benefits for gay partners in states that allow marriage, and – most significantly – gay partners would be able to collect social security should their spouse die and also avoid death taxes. Also, you might start seeing same-sex friends and even sisters or brothers “marrying” for purely financial reasons, to shelter money from the federal government. (Because of reproductive issues, relative cannot currently marry – but if same-sex marriage becomes legal, that argument goes out the window.)

Do you honestly think Obama and the Dems want to lose all of that revenue nationwide?

Logic on January 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Every time i see this knucklehead press secretary, I shed a tear for Tony Snow. Let perpetual light shine upon him. RIP.

Fuquay Steve on January 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM