Quotes of the day

posted at 9:26 pm on January 21, 2013 by Allahpundit

President Barack Obama’s second inaugural address was the most liberal speech he has delivered as president — a blunt summons to wage war on poverty, defend entitlements for the middle class, end “perpetual war” overseas and move past the calibrated progressive agenda of his first term.

Gone were the pleas for bipartisanship of his first inaugural, vaporized by years of partisan battle and Obama’s own sense of a new mandate — achieving bipartisan results through force, not conciliation

The language came as a relief to liberals, who have long decried Obama’s caution and unwillingness to make a larger case for their views. Atlantic Editor James Fallows, a former White House speechwriter, tweeted that the address was “the most sustainedly ‘progressive’ statement Barack Obama has made in a decade.”

***

Even that word—progressive—doesn’t quite do the speech justice. That is a euphemism taken on for defensive purposes, when the traditional word for an ideology that believed in robustly using federal power for humanitarian ends—liberalism—came to be used primarily as a weapon against its adherents.

That was one of the most striking elements of Obama’s address: There was nothing defensive about it. He clearly believes that the 2012 election, for all its snarling and divisive tone, served a useful purpose. By his reckoning, it demonstrated that there are more people on his side— immigrants, minorities, liberal-minded young people and women, beneficiaries of big government—than there are on the other side—older whites, cultural traditionalists, wealthy and upper-middle class earners who recoil at what they see as the remorseless expansion of government and resent being stuck with the bill.

***

President Obama’s second inaugural address won’t be remembered for stirring lines, but then its purpose seemed to be more political than inspirational. Mr. Obama was laying down a marker that he has no intention of letting debt or deficits or lagging economic growth slow his plans for activist, expansive government.

Inaugurals usually include calls for national unity and appeals to our founding principles, which is part of their charm. With the election long over, swearing in a President is a moment for celebrating larger national purposes. But Mr. Obama’s speech was notable for invoking the founding principles less to unify than to justify what he called “collective action.” The President borrowed the Constitution’s opening words of “we the people” numerous times, but his main theme was that the people are fundamentally defined through government action, and his government is here to help you.

***

For Abraham Lincoln, even the gravest national crimes involved shared fault. For Obama, even the most commonplace policy disagreements indicate the bad faith of his opponents. In his first inaugural address, George Washington described the “sacred fire of liberty.” In his second, Obama constructed a raging bonfire of straw men.

This will, no doubt, please the president’s strongest supporters, who are grateful that he has given up the pious balderdash of bipartisanship. They welcome his sharper political edge. They describe him as “wiser,” “wary” and more realistic about the unchangeable obstructionism of his opponents…

This is not a problem if the president is merely one participant among many in a series of zero-sum political battles. But this approach has serious drawbacks if a president is called to play a leadership role in reforms that require both parties to trust each other and take simultaneous risks.

***

Even so, you could see why comparisons with Ronald Reagan are not so far-fetched. It is not so much that Obama can deliver a decent speech (though he’s not as good a communicator as Reagan was) rather the manner in which he couches his argument. Obama, more than most politicians but rather like Reagan, talks in such a fashion that you suspect he finds it hard to believe that anyone could truly and honestly and decently disagree with him and certainly no intelligent or generous person could. The goodness of his ideas and his intentions is presumed; opposition to them must be predicated upon something sinister. Reagan could speak like this too and, like Obama, he made it seem as though there might be something disagreeable about disagreeing with the President.

***

So, what does all of this mean, particularly as applied to the Reagan era?

It means that a self-described conservative, Reagan-loving electorate has twice voted for a hardcore leftist, Barack Obama, to, in effect, end the Reagan era. That wasn’t the intent, but that’s the result.

Thus, it also means — and this would shock Ronald Reagan — that we conservatives really cannot trust the American public. Reagan, of course, insisted just the opposite; he was the quintessential optimist, with an unflagging faith in the American people. He had the greatest confidence in his fellow Americans.

The deeper truth, however, is that the American voter cannot be trusted; the American voter cannot be depended upon to vote rationally. Other elements, far more decisive, influence their voting behavior, such as (among others) the personalities and personas and public images of presidential candidates, the campaigns run by the candidates and their advisers (the David Axelrod factor), and, most critically of all, the liberal mainstream media that serves as a 24/7 full-time partisan/propaganda arm of the Democratic Party. In fact, related to that media point: what Ronald Reagan actually said was that if the American public is presented with both sides, it will always make the right choice.

Well, maybe.

***

Finally, to all the centrist wise men and reasonable-sounding conservatives — how do you like me now? You said I couldn’t get re-elected unless I was more bipartisan, more moderate, more Clintonian. You blamed me for Washington’s gridlock and assumed the country would as well. You said I should campaign on Simpson-Bowles, of all things, instead of social issues.

Well, guess what? I did it my way, and it worked. I got tax increases without entitlement cuts, I flipped the script on the culture war, and now Marco Rubio is going to help me pass an immigration bill. I’m still up for a grand bargain, but I don’t need one: The economy’s limping back, the deficit should stabilize in the short run, and the long term — well, that’s my successor’s problem. I’d like to win on gun control and climate change, but I’ll settle for making the case and seeing whether a Biden administration (you only think I’m kidding) can finish the job…

And oh, you centrist chin-strokers who kept saying I was no Clinton? You were absolutely right.

I’m the liberal Reagan. Deal with it.

***

“This man has already done an absolutely remarkable job,” Biden explained praising Obama for passing his healthcare initiative, ending the war in Iraq and supporting gay marriage.

“I want you to know something else about this guy Barack Obama — he’s just getting started,” Biden added. “He’s just getting started.”

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Via Greg Hengler.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Miss me yet?

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Look at Drudge!

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Early…

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The spending will stop one way or another…

d1carter on January 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Look at Drudge!

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Restart the clock…

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Kicking off the music:

1461 MORE DAYS…

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Allahpundit

Nothing unexpected. It only goes downhill from here.

listens2glenn on January 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM

So the speech was basically about how great being a moocher is. Fantastic. We have a President who endorses being a lazy butt.

1461 days and counting.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

He did say that we must come together…
Right now…..

Over me…

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

1461 days and counting.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I have reserved day 1460…
As a day to thank all my friends here on HA..

Why wait..

Thanks GG..

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Thanks GG..

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Right back at you!

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

The war on terror is to be replaced by the war on productivity.

This will not end well.

jukin3 on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

One week until my Chicago trip. I feel less safe already.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Thanks GG..

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I meant that as a friend..

I re-read what I posted…

it could be taken two way..

I joined HA in 2008 (guess the month)

And the four years has been bearable..

Thanks.

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Give him all the debt that he wants… Oppose him strongly in public and then lend him few Republican votes in the House just to get his destructive spending goes on… and let the economy crush… Then rile up the producers against the Welfare State… Make the Welfare queens and kings the face, heart, and soul of the democrat party… Wage a relentless and ruthless war against the Welfare State… Nothing would make the producers angrier than seeing their hard earned money taken from their and the future of their children to fund the welfare queens and kings… Anger against the Welfare State, its parasites, is the only way to destroy the democrat party…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Reagan was likable, Americans felt drawn to the man, it’s how he won 49 states; even diehard demorats felt the pull of Ronnie’s personality and vigor.

Bark? He isn’t fit to shine RR’s old shoes. The man is a condescending jerk who acts like a condescending jerk. If he wasn’t promising everything to everyone he couldn’t win more than the state of Illinois.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Read somewhere that it is getting pretty dang cold in your neck of the woods.

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Right back at you!

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Thanks..

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Gee, thanks for the stench of stagflation and the noxious flesh irritating tax increases Barak.

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

1461 days and counting.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I don’t care, I ain’t counting.

The man has screwed over the state I live in every chance he has gotten. I am returning the favor, but being a better man than him, I am only ignoring him.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

One week until my Chicago trip. I feel less safe already.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Bring a wood saw just in case you get attacked by someone wielding a 2×4.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Read somewhere that it is getting pretty dang cold in your neck of the woods.

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I have two quilts on – three pairs of bootie slipper socks and I’m still cold.

It’s going to be like this all week.

I hate winter.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

No. You are giving him too much credit. He’s a narcissist that now actually believes his press. He now really believes he’s who they think he is.

We are in dangerous territory here.

Cleombrotus on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Better bring some long johns. Brrrrr. Chilly

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Love to have you in Texas!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Ha.
I’m flying-that means the pepper spray and stun gun will have to stay here.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I just have the overwhelming desire to do something. To make a difference in some way.

Not sure how but I am just so angry I want to go knock on every door and shake people until they “get it”.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Nice! Quality night shift showing up early!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Love to have you in Texas!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Believe me I’m trying.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I’m only going to be there over-night. It’s supposed to be 38. In order to not have to deal w/ putting my winter coat through X-Ray, I’m wearing a long-sleeve shirt and my hoodie(along with heavy jeans and my cowgirl boots).

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Love to have you in Texas!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Seconded.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM

‘Toon of the Day 2: The Three “Truth” Men

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Is there an Lying An Anonymous?

That toon would fit..

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Hello darlin’!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

More free stuff!

John the Libertarian on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

It’s only -7 with a -30 windchill here in my area, that’s practically shortsleeve weather. Plus it kills all the spiders.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Where are you?

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Hello darlin’!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hiya, Handsome!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Gosh, Ma’am!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Hes just getting started. All the way down the drain.

tommy71 on January 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That’s what my Dad always says – at least it kills the bugs.

I’m freezing though

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Hello darlin’!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hiya, Handsome!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM

You rang?

listens2glenn on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I like spiders. It’s 38 now, will be mid ’60′s tomorrow, and 70+ on Wednesday. I love Texas.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Spiders die when it gets cold. Xenomorphs just wait it out quite comfortably.

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Washed the car today. Took the dogs walking. Cooked steaks on my new grill. Geez, winter sucks!

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

These folks were friends at one time too. I think it was post Lincolns first inaugural.

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Yeah that will go over well.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

If you want to be the center of attention blabbing about your private life as you do on every thread go to f***ing Facebook…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

You will never be any version of Reagan. Deal with it.

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

“He’s just getting started.”

I’m not sharing the joy in that statement…

… I have a 10 year old son whom I’ve had to completely change plans for his future.

When we get to $20 Trillion, don’t forget blame the media that allowed this to happen…

Seven Percent Solution on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Since Chicago’s high for Monday is 38, I just stepped outside-sans boots-to test my hoodie. I’ll be cold-but I’ll survive.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I have two quilts on – three pairs of bootie slipper socks and I’m still cold.

It’s going to be like this all week.

I hate winter.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

That’s just great, I’m still in Prague, flight cancelled due to snow in Frankfort.

Hope you enjoyed the coronation today//////

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Go blow.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Isn’t it the great Orb spider that overwinters in the ground?

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I also owe the management & friends here a thank you, for making a potentially terrible day for me not so bad.

Re the weather, it’s gonna get pretty cold here for a few days. But not as cold as Minnesota.

22044 on January 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Where are you?

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Michele Bachmann territory.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM

We can’t tell that until the voters are given a choice. Don’t nominate some unelectable squish and then, when that squish gets hammered at the polls, moan and groan about the voters.

ddrintn on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

You are a really annoying little twerp… Every time you come to a thread you talk about your personal life… Who give a f*** about you and your personal life… If you are seeking attention go to a stupid site called Facebook…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

New Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At

Government Authorized Storage Depots

Wow. Isn’t a jail a gubmint authorized storage depo for people.

So they want gun jails now.

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Hope you enjoyed the coronation today//////

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Didn’t watch one second of it.

Wore my GOP elephant necklace today just to make sure people knew I didn’t vote for that SOB.

Safe trip!

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

With the coming of this sad day, it’s time to revisit the campaign. Someone said about Obama: “The only reason we survived the first term is because he is inept, and an idiot.” So true, with endless idiotic gaffs like “you didn’t build that.” But this hints at another point: the reason O got reelected is that, despite his Harvard MBA and JD, Romney is an even bigger idiot.

I could talk until hell freezes over about how Romney ran one of the most stupendously stupid campaigns I’ve ever seen. But let me just highlight a single example. It was the end of his not well-received nomination acceptance speech. You know, where Romney says (paraphrasing) “Obama wants to save the world and turn back the rise of the sea.” Then Romney paused, a long pause, and you know what, the audience was silent. Because the Republican audience knew full well that Romney had an essentially pro-warmist but ambiguous position on agw, and the audience didn’t know how they were supposed to react. After several painful seconds passed, people realized that this was meant to be a joke, and people started laughing. Then Romney continued, with his signature smirk, saying (paraphrase): “Obama wants to turn back the seas, I want to help you with your pocket book.” End of speech. That was it??? He didn’t have the guts to say that O was wrong on climate change, but just that he wasn’t going to be concerned about it. How crass. Lowly, inane. Romney had just broadcasted that he would abandon noble principles and loftier goals for personal greed. If Romney had made it clear that agw was bull, that would have been fine. But the way it came off I know that a lot of independents went away from the end of that speech thinking “you know what, I’m not that selfish; the bigger ‘save the world’ goals are still important… I’m voting for jug ears.”

By the way, AGW (man caused global warming) is bullshit: see — and share so the people know — this key 3 minute video that exposes Al Gore & the IPCC for their deception on CO2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_WyvfcJyg&info=GGWarmingSwindle_CO2Lag

anotherJoe on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Now that Obama doesn’t have to worry about being reelected, we’ll see his true colors in all its glory. Remember that anti-colonial deconstruction article? Its true.

tommy71 on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Spiders die when it gets cold. Xenomorphs just wait it out quite comfortably.

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Texas spiders = Xenomorphs = Cold blooded human-killers.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Dude, what’s with the belligerence…?

22044 on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Safe flying, please.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Oh chill out. We are not mindless drones that just talk politics non-stop. We have other facets to our personalities – we are like people that way.

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Heh! Intending to play the gentleman, I was about to come to your defense. I see that there is no need. :)

OldEnglish on January 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Look at Drudge!

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Yeah, except President and Mrs. Kartrashian will be around being celebutards for another three or four decades after 2016. They won’t be going away. Hell, the dimwits of this country are still electing Kennedys to national offices. The Kartrashians are here to stay. Like lice.

Rational Thought on January 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM

ddrintn on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I don’t think there is any doubt left that the majority of voters are either leftist or low info types.

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I’ve been nose to …something with a brown recluse. You. Don’t. Scare. Meeee.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Is this real, cause if it is it is awfully rude.

KCB on January 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM

So he can claim bipartisanship spending? He’s already rubbing the Republicans’ noses in it. “The Republicans agree that we must raise taxes …”

There are too few producers and too many people who are not embarrassed, heck they’re not even slightly bothered, by living off of the government dole, and they will do everything in their power to defend what they feel is rightfully theirs.

And who exactly is going to present your idea for the rest of us to see? Will the media present the hard working producers in a positive light? Or will we see the same stories about how the “rich” aren’t paying their fair share?

Yes, there was a tad bit of rhetoric in there.

Let
It
Burn

VibrioCocci on January 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Prolly right. That spider must be one of those hairy spiders. Those freak me out. I hate big snakes and big hairy spiders.

Little spiders like daddy long legs are ok.

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM

OldEnglish on January 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM

‘Blow’ was used by the late Lewis Nixon(BoB) in a bar after a drunk tried to start something with the still uniformed Richard Winters(BoB).
*grin*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

To many big government teet suckling ignorant leeching sponges to do anything major at this time.

You know the meaning of the term “going Galt”?

I bid jobs according to a potential client’s political beliefs. I have greatly changed the way I spend, and what I do with my resources.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I like all kinds of beetle bugs.

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Safe flying, please.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Safe trip to Chicago to you too. When I get back you need to weed out the Alex Jones nutballs following me over at twitter.

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Texas spiders = Xenomorphs = Cold blooded human-killers.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

You got that right. Texas is lethal to libs.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Burns can be extremely painful and slow to heal. They can also leave you maimed.

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Look at Drudge!

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

He looks like someone I saw…

Climbing out of the ditch, asking for help.

Electrongod on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Here is your inauguration Three-Fer: Mooch rolling her eyes, Mooch chowing down as everyone else sits back, and your POTUS picking his nose.

Enjoy.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

tommy71 on January 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

He’s gonna be in for a shock when he comes up against the reality of congressional dems wanting to be re-elected. It ain’t gonna be pretty when they realize he is the scorched earth president. The pendulum swings….

can_con on January 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

VibrioCocci on January 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Everything starts at grass root level… It begins with us… The war against the Welfare State starts with us the voters… The 2010 elections was won on the grass root level….

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

We’ve had one of these in our house.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Enjoy.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

tom daschle concerned on January 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Will do.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Safe trip!

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Well, stay warm or at least try to.

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM

If you haven’t seen…

NY Democrat Pleads With Republican Not To Share Document Proposing Confiscation Of Guns

New Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At Government Authorized Storage Depots
Unhinged: Nevada Democrat Assemblyman Arrested For Threatening To Shoot Democratic Assemblywoman, Who Is Speaker of the House

Resist We Much on January 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Thanks for posting those.

If any of you haven’t seen these, the first two are particularly relevant.

listens2glenn on January 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

What did gramms think of Balkanization?

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Really dude? If you don’t like the way folks blow off steam on QOTD, go where ever the likes of minnisoter went to be deep.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Well I guess today has unfortunately sealed my fate, though in truth I am not really that sad, it really gives me all the excuse I need to live the isolated life, and for my friends here at Hot Gas I say beware of associating with me in anyway, it would seem that I have been deemed an undesirable, an agitator, of and a likely domestic terrorist by those very intelligent academics at West Point./s Yeah right like I give a dam@ what they think. All this on the same day that a great General gets ousted from his job because he dare question those pogs in Washington, I think they should really think long and hard about the actions they are taking, plan or no plan I think the underestimate a few!!!!!!

MarshFox on January 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Wow. Moochelle sure knows how to shovel the food into her nasty gaping canine maw.

SparkPlug on January 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Impeccable source! :)

OldEnglish on January 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Well, stay warm or at least try to.

JPeterman on January 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Thanks

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Cruz put it best when he said this guy is drunk on his power. They’re going to blow another gaping hole in the debt, but at least we can block any of their more ridiculous ideas.

crrr6 on January 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I just thought of something – we were all supposed to be in Vegas celebrating today :(

Stupid Romney campaign
Stupid moochers

gophergirl on January 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Kirsten Powers is always a big dummy.

Schadenfreude on January 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM

SparkPlug, these type of spiders. Among my favorite. Very big. Quarter to half dollar sized.

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Oh, for the love of . . . . . . . . . .
If ‘twerp ever stopped telling us about her personal life, the rest of us would wonder what’s wrong.

I’m truely disappointed you find it offensive.

listens2glenn on January 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM