Cuomo abortion bill outrageous, says … Democrats for Life

posted at 9:01 am on January 21, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Are there such people as pro-life Democrats? We had a few in Congress a few years back, as I recall, but then they voted for the ObamaCare bill without language that permanently protected taxpayers from funding abortions.  Nevertheless, there still seem to be a significant number of Democratic voters who remain pro-life, even if there doesn’t seem to be many Democratic politicians.  One group in New York, Democrats for Life of America, is outraged over a new abortion-expansion proposal from Governor Andrew Cuomo in what is already arguably the abortion capital of the nation, which would eliminate parental notification requirements and allow non-doctors to perform abortions:

By promoting one of the most expansive abortion bills in American history, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has opened a civil war on two fronts: with his church and with elements of his own party.

Cuomo is pushing for a massive expansion of access to abortion in the state, including lifting restrictions on third-trimester abortions, allowing non-doctors to perform the procedure, and enshrining a fundamental right to “terminate a pregnancy” in New York state law.

Democrats for Life of America deemed the proposed bill “the most sweeping abortion legislation in the nation.”

“The abortion language would allow late-term abortions, allow non-doctors to perform abortions, and supersede any reasonable restrictions such as parental notification,” the group stated.

“It is out of touch with the views of most Americans, out of touch with the views of most Democrats, and could hamper real reform for women’s rights,” the Democratic group concluded.

Democrats for Life offer a few points for Cuomo to consider when making such proposals:

First, there are 21 million Democrats who self-identify as pro-life and otherwise much diversity within our Party on this issue of abortion.

That diversity of opinion is as follows:

• 61% of Democrats support parental consent for minors seeking abortion (Gallup, 2011);
  • 60% of Democrats support a 24-hour waiting period for women seeking abortion (Gallup, 2011);
  • 84% of Democrats support informed consent (Gallup, 2011);
  • 49% of Democrats support an ultrasound requirement (Gallup, 2011);
  • 59% of Democrats support a ban on partial-birth abortions (Gallup, 2011).

We didn’t hear much from this majority during the “Julia” debate, though. Instead, we are hearing from the traditional opponents of abortion — the Catholic Church, and Republicans.  My good friend Deacon Greg Kandra delivered a powerful homily yesterday on the subject of the proposed law, reminding his congregation of some very uncomfortable facts about abortion in America and in New York specifically:

1.2 million abortions a year – roughly double the number of 40 years ago.

The total number of abortions since 1973: 54, 559,000—and climbing.

In New York City today, 40% of all pregnancies, nearly half, end in abortion.

Among minorities, it’s as high as 60%.

In some neighborhoods, it’s 67%.

And that’s just the beginning. To some, it seems, that’s not enough.

In Albany two weeks ago, the governor of this state proposed an abortion bill that threatens to make New York the bloodiest state in the union.

It would permit unlimited late term abortion on demand – right up to the ninth month.

It would allow people who are not doctors to perform abortions.

It would declare that the “state shall not discriminate” against the right to abortion, a declaration that could threaten the very existence of Catholic hospitals. Long Island alone is home to six hospitals that could be crippled by having Medicare funds withheld if they refuse to comply.

If enacted into law, this bill would declare that abortion is a fundamental right that cannot be denied. No parental notification for minors, no limits on taxpayer funding of abortion, no limits on late-term abortions.

The bishops of New York warn of the danger to religious liberty inherent in this proposal to make abortion a “fundamental right,” and blast Cuomo for his attempt to link the bill to efforts against human trafficking:

Governor Andrew Cuomo’s re-packaging of an extreme abortion bill into a so-called ‘women’s agenda’ is a desperate attempt to push through an abortion expansion that’s been around for six years and has failed to gain traction as a stand-alone bill. Make no mistake, this bill, first championed by Eliot Spitzer, is radical and far out of the mainstream, even by the standards of New York, a state with an abortion rate twice the national average. It will permit more late-term abortions, allow non-doctors to perform abortions, and will preclude any reasonable restrictions on abortion like parental notification. Moreover it would permit the state to pull the operating certificate of Catholic hospitals and agencies that ‘discriminate’ by not performing or referring women for abortions.

Sound familiar?

The extreme nature of the bill has seriously limited its support in the Legislature. So now the governor is attempting to tie it to important initiatives such as helping victims of domestic violence and human trafficking, and ending pregnancy discrimination in the workplace. He believes the ‘all-in’ strategy will make it harder to oppose. The public and lawmakers should not be fooled. We must not let victims of abuse and discrimination be held hostage to Governor Cuomo’s ideologically driven political agenda, an agenda that is extremely harmful to mothers, infants and religious liberty.

Looks like Cuomo has adopted Barack Obama’s cramped reading of the First Amendment to imply that it only applied to the four walls of a church.

This comes at an interesting moment.  The Catholic Church started a nine-day campaign of prayer in connection to the 40th anniversary of Roe v Wade to end abortion and to provide comfort to those victimized by it.  The bishops are already organized for this fight.  Meanwhile, one Catholic blogger over the weekend shared a very painful part of her life to express appreciation for the effort:

What happened next was sheer panic. I never wanted to have an abortion, I was just stupid and believed there was no other choice. No other way. And it was just a clot. A big menstrual clot. That’s what they told me. Yet that glass container told me otherwise. And I suddenly felt every urge to run from the room screaming, but I was frozen in place. When a staff member came back into the room she found me still standing there clutching that sheet and staring at the vacuum.

Something inside me clicked off and I mentally shut down. I allowed her to guide me to the table and the procedure was started. When the abortionist [I will never call them doctors] came into the room he didn’t even acknowledge me but when he wheeled that vacuum over toward the table and switched it on I sat upright and tried to jump off the table. No hell no, I thought. But it was too late.

And this is what I remembered this morning. My first waking thought that greeted me at dawn. The memory of the “nurse” growing impatient with me and the abortionists barking at me to lay still. And then my ears where filled with the wet suctioning sound of that hideous vacuum aspiration machine.

I had completely forgotten, until this morning, that when it was all over I made myself look at that thing again. As the staff member held my arm and steadied me out of the room I reached over and yanked the sheet off again. I made myself look at that blood filled glass canister. Somewhere in their was my child and he/she deserved to have me be haunted with the memory of what I had done and where I had left him/her. I remembered thinking to myself, “Don’t you ever forget what you’ve done. You don’t deserve to forget”.

But I did forget. Not right away. I was suicidal for months after, drinking and consuming every pill I could find. I took the entire contents of mine and my roommate’s medicine cabinet one night. All I did was sleep for two days straight and no one checked on me. I think it was during that time that I eventually managed to bury those memories.

For whatever reason they chose today to pop back up. But instead of feeling hopelessly lost in that old dark abyss something different overcame me. Not a peace. No. I don’t think that I will ever know true peace. It was a comforting feeling. Like a hundred people praying for me right at that exact moment. Then I checked my email and I realized that they were. Today marks the beginning of the 9 Days of Prayer, Penance and Pilgrimage sponsored by USCCB.

Be sure to read it all, and if you’re so inclined, join us. Heck, a bunch of us may even be Democrats, but we all want to change hearts to end abortion — and stop a culture of death from turning it into a secular sacrament.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Despicable. The GOP needs to field someone to take this bastard on.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Sorry, Dems. I just don’t believe that a person can be a Democrat and be “for life.” All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing, and by continuing to give your part your tacit support, you are aiding in evil whether you consciously desire to or not. Get out. Make a statement that actually means something.

gryphon202 on January 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I am surprised Cuomo didn’t include the right to kill babies after they are born and are shown to have a birth defect.

David in ATL on January 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM

David in ATL on January 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM

It’s just a matter of time. Progressives always get there sooner or later.

forest on January 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Cuomo is pure liberal slime. Unfortunately, many of his constituents covered with the same putrid goo.

rplat on January 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

More maneuvering for ’16…these clowns are out to top one another as to who is the most left wing.

And part of his proposal includes allowing non-doctors to perform abortions? They’re not even pretending to care about “safe” and “rare” anymore, are they?

changer1701 on January 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM

He thinks that issues like this is what the majority wants and it will get him to the White House.I believe most Americans don’t care for abortion.

docflash on January 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM

You know, if Democrats like Cuomo would take on far more important issues like, oh, say the ECONOMY and UNEMPLOYMENT with the same fevered sweat-invoking fervor they employ when tackling issues like gun control and abortion and immigration, I think we would actually see things improve in this country, instead of the moronic misdirected stupidity we are seeing right now!

pilamaye on January 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Ahh stupid Democrats…. when Obama and the Democrats take all your extra income in taxes… with what will you fight for your cause du jour? Fiscal conservatism must trump social issues.

Socmodfiscon on January 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM

C.I.N.O – A Catholic in name only.

diogenes on January 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Science and Abortion: The Scientific Basis for a Prolife Position

(…) Contrary to what many non-scientists believe, human beings are not constructed in the womb – they develop. In fact, all the major organ systems are initiated within the first few weeks after conception.

The process of embryonic development is a continuous process, with no obvious point at which the fetus magically becomes a “person.” In fact, the development process continues well after birth, including many characteristics that determine our personality or personhood.

What are the stages in human embryonic development? Science tells us that the heart of the human fetus begins to form 18 days after conception. There is a measurable heart beat 21-24 days after conception. This is only 7-10 days after a women would expect to begin her menses. Since most women have cycles that can vary by this amount, they do not discover they are pregnant until after this point. Therefore, all abortions stop a beating heart, even “early” abortions. However, most abortions do not occur until 4-6 weeks after the fetus begins to form. The human brain begins to form on day 23 is formed enough to produce brain waves by 6 weeks, which means that most abortions destroy a functioning human brain. (…)

Pork-Chop on January 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM

If Cumo (as Jesse Jackassin’ calls him) goes to Church, I would hope Cardinal Dolan has given orders not to let him receive Communion. I’m betting he’s not a practicing Catholic though.

8 weight on January 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM

That piece on Patheos shook me to the core

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Good for Cuomo.

What better way to attract the kind of citizens New York wants.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM

When will people understand that the democrat party died decades ago?

The politicians posing as democrats hate life, hate liberty, hate choice, hate self reliance, hate our Bill of Rights, hate free markets, hate the military and hate God. They want nothing less than total control and as much money as they can steal from us.

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Won’t someone think about the children?

Flange on January 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Despicable. The GOP needs to field someone to take this bastard on.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

lol. Like they did in 2010 right? You binary narrow-minded thinking conservatives will never learn will you? STAY THE HECK OUT OF WOMEN’S VAGINA. Anyway what do i care? Makes winning elections much easier for my side.

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Gawd…what sort of mindless savage would you need to be to make that sort of decision.

It would allow people who are not doctors to perform abortions.

It’s your body, you want some Alternative Medicine Man hammering a hand blender inside your body, by all means go for it.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Now that he has a Democratic majority in the state senate that he may not have after the 2014 election, Cuomo is not wasting a minute. The gun bans & the abortion mandates/”rights” already and it is just starting.

KW64 on January 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Now that the Democrats’ platform explicitly calls for unrestricted, taxpayer-funded abortions that party is pro-abortion, not pro-choice. I hope the Democrats for Life switch parties.

Opposing parental notification is a sign of someone with a completely seared conscience. The typical justification is that the parents might hurt the pregnant child. While that would be bad, of course, the logical conclusion of that kind of thinking is that teachers could never give bad grades, police couldn’t arrest kids, etc. because the parents might hurt the kids.

eMatters on January 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Cuomo is even more despicable than I thought.

Naturally Curly on January 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

One has to wonder how killing the weak came to become a celebrated central plank in the progressive platform. Of all of their misguided causes, this one stands out as pure evil.

VA_gent on January 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Yup.

It seems to me that we could even label these people as evil.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM

But, but, but, they love the 1st graders of Sandy Hook so, so much /

hillsoftx on January 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Cuomo is even more despicable than I thought.

Naturally Curly on January 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

The lust for power destroys. Cuomo has now made it known he will do anything for it. He fits in rather well with other liberals.

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Man, just when I think you libiots can’t sink any lower.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

All Faiths need sacraments. It’s just tragic that Progressives chose human sacrifice as theirs.

xkaydet65 on January 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Late term abortions and no Doctor involved sounds like a potentially bad combination to me. You could lose the mother as well as the baby.

KW64 on January 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

It seems to me that we could even label these people as evil.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Absolutely

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I’ve never understood how one could be an abortion “doctor”.

I get upset having to put a dog down, how does a person live with themselves after dragging a baby’s corpse from a woman and casually tossing it in a bin, and doing that day after day. How have these people not gone insane?

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Stop making me pay for it, ya fucktard.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Why don’t you stay out of their vaginas? You promote sex at younger and younger ages then promote murder through abortion.

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Cardinal Dolan should excommunicate him and announce it from the pulpit of St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

These people are evil to the core. Jesus Wept.

Naturally Curly on January 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

***************Cuomo is Coo-Coo **************************!

canopfor on January 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Cause taking the life of a baby in the womb and not having any guns to defend yourself goes hand in hand with tyranny. The people of NY deserve this. On the bright side, they won’t be able to put up much of a fight when the New New York rising occurs.

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Man, just when I think you libiots can’t sink any lower.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I don’t think we have seen the bottom of it yet. The libs are so totally drunk with power I can’t even imagine what they will do next, I hope it destroys them.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

VA_gent on January 21, 2013 at 9:24 A

It’s always been part of their platform. Progressives are nothing more than repackaged tyrants, dictators, socialists, Nazi’s and communists. They’re all the same.

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Stop making me pay for it, ya jackass.

Stay out of our wallets, you bloodsucking leech. It’s the freaks of society like you that bring about such moral depravity and degradation.

Worse, you CELEBRATE it, and that’s why I hate you liberals so.

You freaks put the blood of younglings on your mantle, and you proudly display it as some sort of homage to your modernity, your “tolerance,” and your “forward thinking.”

If the dismemberment of life is “forward thinking,” let me run backwards as fast as I can.

When we are smothering the elderly to save money in hospitals, and killing babies out of the womb because they have some defect, it’ll be freakshows like you that we can turn and look to.

The rot. You lowlives are the core of it.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Evil… Pure Evil…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I remain highly skeptical when people talk about ‘pro-life Democrats’.

Abortion is now not only freely available it is free. Democrats will not be happy until their are abortion drive thrus and do it yourself abortion kits at home depot and lowes.

CorporatePiggy on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

How have these people not gone insane?

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

The answer you seek lies within the question.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

KW64 on January 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Would we really miss those mothers?

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Man, just when I think you libiots can’t sink any lower.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

There’s plenty of time yet, Dog Eater’s true agenda hasn’t yet surfaced.

Just hang in there, leftists always manage to horrify even when you think they’ve already hit rock bottom.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM

…The memory of the “nurse” growing impatient with me and the abortionists barking at me to lay still. And then my ears where filled with the wet suctioning sound of that hideous vacuum aspiration machine.

So, when can we expect the trolls to pop up and whine about vaginal ultrasound being a form of rape?

Mitoch55 on January 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Yep, he’s on the gettin’ qualified to run for prezzy path. Good first step there, Gov, actually a 2nd step what with the gun control bill you got passed last week. Kinda reminds me of a young state senator back in the 90′s that liked to take care of the children before birth, too. The dems care so much for the children. Question for his priest, will he still get to take communion, him being such a good Catholic and all? If the churches are serious about being pro life, then they need to get serious about following the tenets of the faith.

Kissmygrits on January 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Can we please have this supporter of murder (of the innocent I might add) be banned?

nobar on January 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I think it is interesting that in the protection of womyns’ vaginas, the librul dhimocrapts are progressing us back to the back alleys and coat hangers. That is exactly what Cuomo is calling for. Well, I wish him success. If there is anything this world needs is fewer New Yorkers and fewer libruls. At least this is self limiting!

Old Country Boy on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

The rot. You lowlives are the core of it.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

The worst part is when someone points that out to them they just sit and smirk. It’s sick.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

The answer you seek lies within the question.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

That must be it because I hit a psychological wall when I attempt to understand their daily lives.

I mean seriously, dude walks in the front door after work and the wife says “Hey honey, how was your day?”

“Oh it was fine, processed a dozen units today.”

“Well that’s nice, dinner will be ready soon, we’re having spaghetti.”

I can’t understand these people.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

You are Evil… You support death… You promote death… You enjoy death…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

You are Evil… You support death… You promote death… You enjoy death…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Celebrate death, you left out celebrate.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I can’t understand these people.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I know what you are saying brother and I don’t get it either. Hence my post, they must be insane or as evil as can be.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Celebrate death, you left out celebrate.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Celebrate death, you left out celebrate.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Yes you are right… These evil scums celebrate death… or shall we call it murder…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Anyway what do i care? Makes winning elections much easier for my side.

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

You are Evil… You support death… You promote death… You enjoy death…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Pretty sicking. Killing babies helps that scums side win elections. Wow.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

All for murdering the innocent, yet fight to save murderers. Go figure.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Pretty sicking. Killing babies helps that scums side win elections. Wow.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It is beyond belief… May be the evil scums should have a party to celebrate in front of the abortion-murder clinics everytime a woman murders her baby…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I’ve never understood how one could be an abortion “doctor”.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I think they were insane to begin with.

Night Owl on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Cuomo

…Crazy Eyes…!!!

KOOLAID2 on January 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I really don’t know why conservatives bother with the abortion issue. No conservative woman will willingly perform an abortion anyway, except for very compelling moral or medical reason. As for liberal shemales, they don’t have any soul worth saving and neither are their spawn. So, where is the problem?

Archivarix on January 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

All for murdering the innocent, yet fight to save murderers. Go figure.

cozmo on January 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

And that is what EVIL is about…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

and allow non-doctors to perform abortions:

That is Cuomo’s compromise. I’m amazed, though that the Church didn’t speak up first.

I’ll be extremely disappointed if the Cardinal Dolan does not instruct the appropriate bishop declare Cuomo a heretic, give him his two admonitions and if Cuomo doesn’t revert, excommunicate him.

Dusty on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM

How cute, HAL stinking up the place with those same old high pitched notes. Rot in heII.

Bmore on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Archivarix on January 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Because we care about LIFE… Because we have to fight EVIL… Check the article: “The Democratic governor introduced the bill to cheers during his January 9 State of the State address, shrouding it in the name of “women’s equality.”… They are cheering death and murder…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Archivarix on January 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

It’s not all about politics all the time. The baby is a innocent life.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Eugenics is the driving force behind politicians like Cuomo and abortion advocates.

workingclass artist on January 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

@HotAirLib – Please take the time to Google and view an abortion before you celebrate the act.

The Oven on January 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM

STAY THE HECK OUT OF WOMEN’S VAGINA.

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I sure wish you librul/marxists would stay out of my bed room! What the OCG and I do with her vagina is none of your business!

Old Country Boy on January 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Interesting stat that 50% of people were against ultrasounds before an abortion.

Because it really is hard to go through with murder if you have to look at the victim up close. Yeah, can’t be having any of that.

CorporatePiggy on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Archivarix on January 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

“Progressives” never stop.

As with other “progressive” issues … they will attempt to expand abortion until it’s forced on women by the government. “Progressives” will only stop when either they’re all dead, or they’ve killed everyone else.

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM

They also cheered taking God out of their platform at their convention. Anyone who remains in the democrat party is nothing more than a degenerate looking for cover.

Night Owl on January 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Archivarix on January 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Genesis 1:28:

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

nobar on January 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM

darwin on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

A week after they kill everyone else, they, too will die. Such is the fate of the parasite.

ROCnPhilly on January 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Night Owl on January 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I remember that. It was an awkward couple of minutes and then back to business as usual. Sickening.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

The Oven on January 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM

This evil communist scum Hotairlib knows exactly what abortion is but yet he is celebrating it… We are dealing with evil people here…

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Perform a live late-term abortion during the Super Bowl halftime show, right there on a stage on the 50 yard line. Surely there is a liberal woman out there willing to do such a thing to show America just how cool it is.

Wassat? What? You’re all busy that day? Huh, go figure.

Bishop on January 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM

So the Democrat party wants women to be able to go in for a major surgery, where they risk higher rates of death (including suicide), infection, uterine perforations, cervical lacerations, cervical or ovarian cancer, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, and Endometritis, and not even see a Doctor.

And the Republicans are engaged in a war on women.

cptacek on January 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

mnjg on January 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It’s how he keeps the number of his baby-mommas at a reasonable level.

Night Owl on January 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I think the third term abortion barbarity will turn people off. The pro abortion people’s casual support for it as “just like any other surgery to remove unwanted tissue” put people off their cause in the 80s.

I’ve never based my vote on abortion and I’m a bit of a squish on it, but the late term abortion without medical cause is bloody savage murder.

Also as far as this being about equality for women, abortion for sex selection is on the increase, and it’s girls who are being selected for termination.

juliesa on January 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM

It’s not all about politics all the time. The baby is a innocent life.

VegasRick on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I am not so sure about the latter. Life, yes. Innocent, possibly. But human?

Archivarix on January 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM

“… I’m amazed, though that the Church didn’t speak up first.

I’ll be extremely disappointed if the Cardinal Dolan does not instruct the appropriate bishop declare Cuomo a heretic, give him his two admonitions and, if Cuomo doesn’t revert, excommunicate him.”

[Dusty on January 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM]

Okay, I’m a little behind on events here. Cuomo intro’d this Jan 9 and Cardinal Egan responded the same day with a letter to Cuomo.

So, I’ll run right bast the extremely disappointed milestone and head right on over to the outraged milestone. I’m at a loss for words right now, and filled with an animosity towards the hierarchy of the Archdiocese of NY for letting this deadly poison be generated in the Church and, while being duty bound to keep the faith and Church untainted, failing to eject it.

Dusty on January 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Archivarix on January 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Eugenics is an evil tool of Godless Totalitarian Statists.

It is not the place of anyone to judge the value of any human life…and it is the moral responsibility of every Christian to be concerned with the state of every living soul. Isn’t this at the heart of Christian Evangelization? Isn’t this the nature of the battle against the old pagan enemy…To battle the lies that endanger the souls of individual persons and the mechanisms used by the pagans to devalue life?

Since we live in a constitutional republic that allows for freedoms to worship or not worship as each conscience dictates, the responsibility of expressing moral criticism and ethical legislation that protects the natural law in our constitution becomes more important than ever as we are in a generational crisis fed by the decades of erosion in education at every level and the attack on traditional community structures, like churches that strengthen families. We will as a culture act in willful rebellion against the wisdom of experience to our own peril, just as we see this happening in Europe and other countries that have chosen moral relativism to justify statist policies.

workingclass artist on January 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

So why hasn’t the Catholic Church excommunicated Cuomo? He is openly advocating for the murder of innocents and publicly committing a sin in so doing.

This is going to be another issue upon which the split between the states will occur. These blue states like NY and CA that are actively promoting such great evil should be part of the states from which the Constitutional Stafes separate themselves. They will then be free to perform their sacrifices to Moloch.

AZfederalist on January 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

workingclass artist on January 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Very well written response.

AZfederalist on January 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

He’s a ghoul. Like his father. Like all leftists.

rrpjr on January 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

David in ATL on January 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM

The number of selective abortions for Downs Syndrome steadily increases.

workingclass artist on January 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

What a joke! People up in the NE must be brainless twits. New York, Massachusetts, etc……. morons electing morons. Elections have consequences. Enjoy your taxes, your draconian gun legislation, and your abortions, you idiot liberals.

ultracon on January 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

HotAirLib on January 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Yeah because libs really care about women. C’mon how many females die because of sex selective abortions? How many third term babies will be female? And furthermore, letting a non-doctor perform these procedures when doctors have screwed up them enough.. Yeah that is really caring about women.

And like other say, stop making me pay for your irresponsible vaginas. How about letting “modern” women take some responsibility for their actions mmmm? Or would that be treating women like adults and less like children?

melle1228 on January 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

And the Republicans are engaged in a war on women.

cptacek on January 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

This ^^^

They don’t care about women. They just think they are dumb..

melle1228 on January 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

CorporatePiggy on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Because they want it to be a “choice” but not an informed choice.

melle1228 on January 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Won’t someone think about the children?

Flange on January 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

No, children are a responsibility and sex is fun.

vityas on January 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Leftists like Cuomo and Obama support infanticide and nothing less will satisfy them. By encouraging partial birth abortions and lack of parental notification they are desiring the murder of fully developed children who just happen to still be in the womb. They are murderers. This is the path of the left. Nothing less than full scale genocide on the level of China will do to them. And then they’ll hide behind the little ones and say “it’s for the children” as they continue to murder their brothers and sisters.

All of you abortionist supporters better look at the blood on your hands. Think about your actions and realize you’ve sold your soul for murdering the next generation.

njrob on January 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Democrats on abortion:

Safe
Legal
Rare

tommer74 on January 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Why do I think, with anti-Catholic, Catholics like he and Pelosi, Judgement Day is going into overtime?

Don L on January 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

“The abortion language would allow late-term abortions, allow non-doctors to perform abortions, and supersede any reasonable restrictions such as parental notification,” the group stated.

What the hell is wrong with this creep?

I don’t expect others to think the way I do about everything, but abortion is just so blatantly murderous and sickening, I don’t see how anyone can be so supportive of it, much less wanting to allow abortion to happen even later in the pregnancy.

These abortion Libs are NO BETTER THAN LANZA.

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I remain highly skeptical when people talk about ‘pro-life Democrats’.

CorporatePiggy on January 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

There is no such thing as a ‘pro-life Democrat.” The left won’t be happy till abortion is mandatory. They want life to be created with only government permission. The same as China or Huxley’s, Brave New World.

njrob on January 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

HAL is more interested, as he stated, in his side winning elections. C’est la vie!

Let the liberals cull their own herd, then. They have a culture of death, which one day will catch up to them. When botched abortions start causing twelve-years-old to need more medical care, will the parents have to pay even though the law says minors don’t have to tell their parents? Can the baby killers be charged with malpractice or something? How many women will never be able to have children after their first or third abortion, this possible sterility thinning the liberal hordes to come?

I know that sounds cruel, but people reap what they sow. Liberals don’t care to hear anything that conflicts with their selfish puerile wants, so I leave them to their individual fates. All I need knowing is the type of woman who won’t have an abortion, and that’s where my respect goes.

Liberals are on their own.

Liam on January 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Your rants aren’t true. And even if they are, this is a good thing because we can easily scrap Obamacare and roll out the single payer health care system.

HotAirLib on November 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

STAY THE HECK OUT OF WOMEN’S VAGINA.

Square that circle.

rogerb on January 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

AZfederalist on January 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I understand and share your frustration…as do many active conservatives and conservative Catholics.

Canon law has been weakened by liberal influence within and outside of the church throughout the modern era…not in principle so much, but in practice.

Liberals have sought to undermine the traditional authority of the Pope and have succeeded in confusing the flock with the abuses of Vatican II.

In short Vatican II was botched…and the results have been alarming.

This has happened at every level within the church through the lowering of seminary standards, irresponsibility of the bishops in governing their dioceses,clerical abuses,liturgical abuses,financial abuses,erosion of educational standards in parochial schools and what has amounted to an eradication of Catholic Identity at the family level and the community level.

Pope Benedict XVI is doing what he can to reform and he has drawn the line.

He is exerting his papal authority and has been clear saying to Catholics at every level… “We will be a smaller but purer church”

He is using his teaching authority to return us to “First Principles” as the Body of Christ.

He is using his formidable theological authority to find ways to shelter traditional protestants who feel betrayed by their own denominations, allowing Anglicans to keep their culture while giving them a liturgical bridge to cross over and he is working within for a similar way for Lutherans, that offers some hope for troubled traditional Christians. It is these new members, and the revival of Catholic Conservatives who are breathing new life into the church.

He is truly a remarkable Pope responding by using his remarkable gifts in these historic times….imho

The Church expects this to be an increased era of persecution and they are preparing the flock to act as we have always done at the individual level and at the community level.

In her long history of pilgrimage….The Church has seen many Neros.

workingclass artist on January 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

If the GOP was smart, it would find a way of converting a large percentage of these 21 million Democrats, but we all know the GOP isn’t smart.

bw222 on January 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Despicable. The GOP needs to field someone to take this bastard on.

blatantblue on January 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Unfortunately, there is no way a Republican can win a statwide race in New York. We need to concentrate on states we can win and New York isn’t one of them.

bw222 on January 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM