Loathsome nanny-state mayor: I don’t ‘force anybody to do anything’

posted at 12:41 pm on January 17, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Behold the delusional vanity of the man who knows what’s best for eight million Americans (300 million, if God forbid, he could rise that far). Mayor Michael Bloomberg was asked if he remembers when he became an anti-gun crusader:

No, but I did get interested in public health a long time ago, as you know. And I think, as mayor, my responsibility is to do everything I can is to do everything I can to protect the health and safety and increase the longevity of the people that live in this city. As an American, and as a human being, I have a responsibility to not push, to not force anybody to do anything but to explain what I think and to educate people to the extent of what I believe that would be in their self-interest.

When he has used government power to restrict distribution of pain pills, ban Big Gulps, extract every trans-fat, and eliminate even outdoor smoking, he was merely explaining his point of view so convincingly that the entirety of his giant city was successfully converted at the point of a sword wonder of his intellect. One wonders how many people he’d convince without a police force.

As Bloomberg once said of this form of persuasion in a moment of greater candor: “We’re just forcing you to understand.”

If only he’d been more intent on persuading city services and infrastructure to be prepared for Hurricane Sandy.

Comments

Liar liar pants on fire.

Mr. Arrogant on January 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

The man who would be God!

Don L on January 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Strange little man – time to come out of closet Mr. Bloomberg

jake-the-goose on January 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

For someone who opposes guns of any kind in the hands of anyone but the government, everything he does is forced upon his victims under the threat of their use.

Try disobeying this tyrant. Try selling 20oz bottles of Coke in New York City. I guarantee you people with guns will be used to stop you.

wildcat72 on January 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

This dude’s entire life is built on his overriding small-man’s complex.

But hey, if true that Bloomers never pushes then NY’ers will kick him out of office and rescind all the stupid policies.

Bishop on January 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Reminds me of Bill Maher claiming he’s libertarian.

John the Libertarian on January 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Napoleonic complex…

d1carter on January 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Liars, damn liars, and michael bloomberg.

Either that or don’t let him have a gun at home – he is not mentally stable enough.

Old Country Boy on January 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Spoken like a true Al Capone… Bloomie.

viking01 on January 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Speaking of double standards for Progressives…..

Barack Obama: Beyoncé is the perfect role model for my daughters

Barack Obama has revealed the extent to which he is a fan of Beyoncé, claiming she is the perfect “role model” for his daughters.

The singer and her husband, Jay-Z, hosted a fundraiser for the US president’s re-election campaign in New York on Tuesday. Tickets cost $40,000 per head.

The couple held the event at Jay-Z’s 40/40 club, with Beyoncé taking to the stage to introduce Obama, saying they “believe in his vision”.

The president – who has two daughters, Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14 – returned the compliments when he took over the microphone.

“To J and B, thank you so much for your friendship. Beyoncé could not be a better role model for my girls,” he said, according to US Weekly.

Rules for us……….and but only suggestions for them (our Progressive rulers).

PappyD61 on January 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM

It’s amazing what liberals will say with a straight face.

Liam on January 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I force them not to do things. There’s a difference.

-Nanny Bloomberg

Bat Chain Puller on January 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

…what a phuckin liar!

KOOLAID2 on January 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM

When I don’t let my children do something, it doesn’t mean I’m making them do something else.

But then, they’re my children, not my employers.

CurtZHP on January 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM

“TAKE THAT MITCHES”

Taking a swipe at Romney supporters, Beyoncé sent out this Instagram shortly after learning that President Barack Obama had been reelected:

The “Single Ladies” singer may have gotten the idea from her husband, Jay-Z. At a rally for Obama in Ohio on Monday, he rapped: “I got 99 problems, but Mitt ain’t one.”

Rapper Ludacris also found a way to swap out “b—h” for “Mitt” in one of his songs. He tweeted early Wednesday: “MOVE MITT! GET OUT THE WAY!”

To Progressives like Beyonce and Jay-Z and Mayor Bloomberg all us little people are just a bunch of “MITTCHES”.

PappyD61 on January 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Bloomberg is proof positive that large population centers exerting voter tyranny over large swathes of territory are a very bad thing,

Speakup on January 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Such charlatanry s/b punished, harshly.

Schadenfreude on January 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I don’t force anyone to do anything…..but there are a lot of things I won’t let them do, either.

DaBird on January 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Dear God,

Thank you for making me 6 foot 2. i realize that with my height, i do not have the psychological problems men like bloomberg have.

GhoulAid on January 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Stay the heII out of my affairs a s s hole.

Bmore on January 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Neither did Mussolini, right? Bloomberg is simply a fascist.

rbj on January 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Flashback to last year’s Big Gulp debate. Bloomberg himself: “We’re simply forcing you to understand.”

poorrichardsnews on January 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

POS

Bmore on January 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Me thinks this fellow Boomberg suffers from SGS.
Short Guy Syndrome.

Endless stream of preposterous statements about what must be done to assure safety of the masses. All from a little fellow with armed personal bodyguards within spitting distance from him when is his out and about.
Again, a prime example of a complete and utter fraud.

Missilengr on January 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

He would have made a good and faithful capo at Auschwitz…Oh the irony!

Twana on January 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Go fly a kite, lying liberal POS. Make it out of tinfoil, use copper wire for string, and fly it from the highest skyscraper you have left. Pretend you’re Benjamin Franklin trying to discover electricity.

MelonCollie on January 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM

“We’re not telling them what to think. We’re just telling the how.”

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I hate being stuck in NY.

Iblis on January 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

God Save the King!

I dare Mayor for Life Mike to do what Ed Koch used to do:

Walk the streets of NYC and ask; “How ‘em I doing?”

Wander on January 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Progressive dream come true…..

We are ALL this group of youth.

PappyD61 on January 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM

You just can’t make this stuff up. Though I clearly dispute the idea that a nanny-state liberal crusading the trashing of the Constitution and a clear advocate of the left’s culture of death is either an American or a human being. He is the eptiome of the parasite class that has no value to society and could well disappear tomorrow without any sort of impact.

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I hate being stuck in NY.

Iblis on January 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Now that’s a T-shirt I haven’t seen!

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Apparently he doesn’t grasp the office he holds.

Being the executive head of an entire state is the very DEFINITION of “forcing people to do things”. The trick is what to do with that kind of power.

Putting criminals in jail. Check.
Signing and enacting state budgets. Check.
Managing public roads and infrastructure. Check.

Telling people the appropriate size soft drink to consume… probably stretching it just a bit.

The Schaef on January 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Mayor, would you kindly pee in this little cup? I think it’s long past time to know what’s causing this.

michaelo on January 17, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Loathsome nanny-state mayor: I don’t ‘force anybody to do anything’

The Midget Stalin, his pea-brain and the train of transparent lies.

New York deserves this miserable little POS they re-elected for an extended third term. May the city drown in its own filth, nastiness and idiocy.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 17, 2013 at 1:12 PM

“We’re not telling them what to think. We’re just telling the how.”

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I would suggest you are wrong. Bloomberg is a lesser tyrant who doesn’t give a damn what or how you think. So long as you obey. For this rat bastard traitor to make the claim that he is a proud American is almost as appalling as surrounding yourself with children, Hitler-like, to announce that you’re going out after private gun ownership.

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yep, he kinda lifted the kimono right there, didn’t he?

You own it, NYC. That & the 114% Obama approval rating. Nice work.

With Christine Quinn waiting in the wings, as long as there’s a D next to the name, it’s all good, right?

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on January 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM

jake-the-goose: “Strange little man – time to come out of closet Mr. Bloomberg”

He’s waiting for Barry to take the 1st step.

Belle on January 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I hate being stuck in NY.

Iblis on January 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

i’m stuck in Chicago. i feel your pain.

GhoulAid on January 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM

The Schaef on January 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Yeah. If he had only stopped at banning salt, smoking, and donations to homeless shelters he would have been lionized as a true American hero. But soft drink sizing was a step too far.

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Forcing people to do do things isn’t the same thing as forcing them to do things.

Big difference. /

catmman on January 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Not. Forgot the not. Darn iPad…

catmman on January 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM

i’m stuck in Chicago. i feel your pain.

GhoulAid on January 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Whaaaaa???????

You’re living in a gun-free city made into a “utopia-on-the-lake” by Barak Obama, Rahm Emmanuel, and like minded citizens who have demonstrated the kind of civic pride that makes Chicago such a stand-out success story! Quit your complainin’ ;0

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM

It was a quote as best I remember from the movie “Serenity”. The little girl River says to her teacher that the government meddles in the affairs of people telling them what to do and what to think. The quote was the teachers response.

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Me thinks it’s more than just his short height he’s tryin to make up for…

SwabJockey on January 17, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Hey! Mikey is a LEGEND in his own mind.

GarandFan on January 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Wow, New York, Illinois, & California with their super demon majorities; I think when The King grants amnesty to 30 million plus illegals, the rest of the country will follow the same downward path.
Add to that all 4 branches of government are in Barry’s pocket, thanks to turncoat Boehner, Cantor, Ryan, McConnell, McCain, Roberts & the rest of the republicrats.
Re: the media, Fox has already gone liberal. Next they’ll silence conservative talk radio. & I’m sure Big Sis & Holder are watching these blogs.

Belle on January 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Big difference. /

catmman on January 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Not. Forgot the not. Darn iPad…

catmman on January 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM

For a minute there, I thought this was another discussion on what the word “is” meant! Because, after all, forcing people to do things like buy smaller sodas (i.e. eliminate choice) is IN FACT different than forcing people to do things like turning in their legally-owned firearms (i.e. eliminate freedom). Bloomberg is guilty of both.

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Whaaaaa???????

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM

i’m living in a hellhole. but you’re right, i should stop complaining as everyone says what a “beautiful” city it is. lol. beautiful until you get mugged by holder’s people that is.

GhoulAid on January 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Bizarro America 2013.

1+1=POTATO

jukin3 on January 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Bloomberg: You fu**ing idiots are to stupid to understand.

equanimous on January 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Reminds me of Bill Maher claiming he’s libertarian.

John the Libertarian on January 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I believe those two are mostly “interchangeable”.

listens2glenn on January 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Such charlatanry s/b punished, harshly.

Schadenfreude on January 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

…MKH should take the mousie midget mf’er over her knee and whack him with a belt?

KOOLAID2 on January 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

GhoulAid on January 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hey, along the same lines. Yesterday’s photo-op at the White House didn’t address your city’s (or any city’s) homocide problem. All those gun-related deaths that don’t conveniently involve a mentally troubled individual killing 20 white children in an affluent town in New England. Yet we are to believe that those deaths were somehow more tragic or meaningful than the death of 17-year-old Tyrone Lawson who was shot outside Chicago State University.

And just as absurd. By yesterday’s pompous “executive actions.” Major Nadal Hasan, as a mental health professional, should have had to turn himself in for having firearms and being a threat to himself or others. Not to mention ignoring base policy by bringing a privately owned firearm onto Fort Hood. Where’s the legislation and “executive actions” to prevent this kind of workplace violence? /

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I DESPISE THAT MAN.

He is a world-class hypocrite and diminutive tyrant.

Resist We Much on January 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM

For those of you that didn’t know where John Mackey (the Whole Foods version of Colonel Sanders) stands on Progressive ideas. He’s backtracked his earlier comments. He sounds like he’s on the side of something like Gift Card Capitalism. Where the Government subsidizes everything by giving you a card………and then the CONSUMER gets to decide where they spend the money.

Not gonna happen John.

From NPR:

UPDATE: Many of you wrote in to tell us you were taken aback by Whole Foods top executive John Mackey characterizing the health law as fascism in an NPR interview, and apparently, he’s feeling a little sheepish.

About three minutes into his otherwise amiable chat with CBS This Morning hosts on on Thursday, Mackey walked back his comments in response to a direct question from Norah O’Donnell:

“Well, I think that was a bad choice of words on my part … that word has an association with of course dictatorships in the 20th century like Germany and Spain, and Italy. What I know is that we no longer have free enterprise capitalism in health care, it’s not a system any longer where people are able to innovate, it’s not based on voluntary exchange. The government is directing it. So we need a new word for it. I don’t know what they right word is,” Mackey says.

PappyD61 on January 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Chutzpah? More like liar. I wonder how many people miss their 32 oz. drinks?

sadatoni on January 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Chutzpah? More like liar. I wonder how many people miss their 32 oz. drinks?

sadatoni on January 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

What people don’t realize is that you can still get your big drinks at convenience stores. Which is why such nanny-statism is so hypocritical and absurd to begin with.

But more amazing to me is the number of stupid New Yorkers who agree with and support all this tyranny.

Happy Nomad on January 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I’d like to pimpslap that silly petit tyrant.

rayra on January 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

He is correct on one thing. He cannot force me to do anything. Because I avoid New York City voluntarily. I refuse to visit uncivilized parts of the world, and that include cities like New York City that seem to permit human sacrifice.

No Truce With Kings on January 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Technically, he didn’t force anyone to do anything. All he did by these acts was deprive people of basic liberties in life. But it’s all semantics for this tyrant.

blammm on January 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM

The delusion on display reminds me of…

Joe Scarborough claims to be a ‘really conservative guy’

John2A on January 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM

There are two differences between the average liberal and every tyrannical dictator who ever lived:
1) Power, and
2) Absolutely nothing else.

As utterly psychotically narcissistic as it sounds, every liberal honest-to-God DOES believe that normal people desperately want to follow his wonderful “suggestions” — it’s just that a lot of people don’t quite realize that yet.

The prisons, the Gulags, the Laogai, etc., etc… All the things collectivists call (with a perfectly straight face, mind you) “re-education camps,” are munificently provided for the BENEFIT of the people who don’t yet grasp the Godlike wisdom of whoever happens to be our Fearless Leader at the moment.

logis on January 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Loathsome nanny-state mayor

…I think he has “a little teenie wienee one“…and is trying to compensate for IT!

KOOLAID2 on January 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I don’t know who I loathe more, Bloomie, Obambi, or Stalin. All three are such adorable little communists.

*SPIT*

Gothguy on January 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

“Yes, the poor will have to suffer a little bit.”

- Nanny Doomberg, who will NEVER suffer

Resist We Much on January 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The people of NYC deserve him.

Bmore on January 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM

lol. beautiful until you get mugged by holder’s people that is.

GhoulAid on January 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

All that is simply a result of being cowardly and not having a conversation about race.

Next time you’re being mugged, just suggest that you and your assailant sit down for a reasonable conversation to find out the root causes of his frustration and need to ‘act out’ those aggressive tendencies.

Be sure to let eric holder know the results of your ‘conversation’.

Solaratov on January 17, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You forgot locking up the baby formula in all the hospitals and forcing — oops, encouraging — new mothers to breast feed.

JoAnn1965 on January 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I am a dentist. I dream of the day Out-Of-His-Blooming-Mind Berg comes into my office with a cariously exposed nerve. I will NOT give him any narcotic analgesic, instead telling him that there is a law prohibiting me from doing so.

Really, soda is one thing. We can all find some dark humor in that. But limits on pain medication? That is pure evil.

NOMOBO on January 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Bloomberg is so mentally ill that his forcing to not allow those who want to buy 32 ounce drinks proves his total incompetence. It is impossible to enforce especially if the person buys two 16 ounce drinks instead. Liberal brilliance is destroying our country.

volsense on January 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Loathsome nanny-state mayor: I don’t ‘force anybody to do anything’

Alternate Headline: Noted Government Figure Has No Clue What Government Is

How can you be a mayor and not know that government laws are, at bottom, the expression of force?

Clueless is of course too nice. He knows better. I guess he thinks everyone else is just stupid enough to buy it.

tom on January 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM

lol funniest thing i’ve seen all day..this guy is unbelievable..the worst mayor in the history of mayors.

sadsushi on January 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM