New NRA ad: Let’s redistribute school security

posted at 8:01 am on January 16, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

The NRA seems to have adopted a new strategy in their efforts to push back gun control: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.  Oh, they’re not falling in line with gun bans and magazine limits — they’re just adopting Barack Obama’s playbook in arguing against them.  Via Buzzfeed, here’s a new 30-second ad painting Obama as “just another elitist hypocrite” for disdaining the NRA’s proposal to subsidize armed guards in schools while send his own children to a school that has armed security on site.  Why should the rich and powerful be the only families with armed security guards for their children?  Redistribute the security!

You have to admire the strategy, even if you may be skeptical of the proposal.  These types of events are rare to the point where most armed guards won’t ever see anything close to a Newtown over the course of their lifetimes, and school security isn’t a federal issue; it’s local, and schools can add guards now, if they want them.  This is more of a pushback against the scorn heaped on the NRA for proposing the idea in the wake of Sandy Hook, even though the same scorn-heapers backed Bill Clinton’s COPS program, which subsidized armed guards in schools.  That blatant hypocrisy had the White House at least belatedly considering the NRA’s proposal as one part of their response.

The NRA must be doing something right in public relations, by the way.  Either that, or the nation’s best gunseller is even better than we imagined:

A day before President Barack Obama is scheduled to release Vice President Joe Biden’s recommendations to curb gun violence in the United States, the National Rifle Association told U.S. News and World Report that they have seen membership grow by 250,000 in the month since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Politico reported membership had grown by more than 100,000 five days ago. The NRA says that when Politico reported the story, membership was close to 200,000, but the number has drastically grown in just five days. The association now has over 4.25 million members, but the NRA says that number is always fluctuating as memberships expire and new members join.

“I would say that every time President Obama opens his mouth and Sen. [Dianne] Feinstein opens her mouth and they talk about gun bans and restricting the rights of law abiding Americans, people pay attention to that and sign up,” says Andrew Arulanandam, the NRA’s public affairs director.

Yes, I think people are paying very close attention these days to Washington and the gun grabbers.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

And of course, you’re here as the official bearer of false witness.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

In your Bizarro World, true is false.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM

cmsinaz on January 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I hate it when I’m right.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM

So which one of the seven is you squidforbrains?

HumpBot Salvation on January 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

these are common sense eos that only strengthen the laws on the books…this was wonderful
-lib talking head

cmsinaz on January 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Excellent call, as always!

I guess now that Oligula made the laws ‘stronger’, every criminal will go out of his way to obey.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

You can get away with saying that now.

But unless you’re very “advanced in years”, you’re going to live to see a time that you would gladly smell like pig manure, if it meant having something to eat.

listens2glenn on January 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I’ll stick with Gun Owners of America. I think the NRA does good work in terms of protecting the firearm industry, but GOA is truly committed to protecting 2nd Amendment rights.

Hat Trick on January 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM

listens2glenn on January 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Nah, chitforbrains was just admitting his olfactory senses have diminished from living in the sewer of NYC for so long. He’s become immune to his own scent.

HumpBot Salvation on January 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Typical snobbish overbearing liberal.

I so much love when you vermin out yourselves.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Wow, weak stuff from the trolls this a.m. Have you thought about moving your clueless charade over here?

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Since when have liberals ever had a solid leg to stand on?

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM

are you advocating the murder of millions?

nonpartisan on January 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM

You mean like that buddy of Obama’s, Bill Ayers, who said they would have to kill the 25 million of us who won’t go along with the leftist Utopian dream? I think his estimate was very low, but he did say we all need to die, as do some of Obama’s sycophants and advisers. You leftists are creepy and almost frightening, you do not hold any moral high ground on this topic or any other.

Night Owl on January 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Obama speaks on gun violence prevention:
• Obama proposes 23 “executive actions” on gun control
• Obama’s 23 actions can be implemented without Congressional approval
• Obama’s 23 “executive actions” costs some $500mil in FY 2014 budget
• Obama proposes requiring criminal background checks for all gun sales
• Obama directs CDC to conduct research into causes, prevention of gun violence
• Part of Obama’s CDC direction includes influence of video games
• Obama proposes ban on armor-piercing bullets through manufacture, import ban
• Obama proposes program to allow schools to hire 1,000 “school resource officers”
• Obama calls on Congress to pass new gun trafficking laws
• Obama calls for reinstatement of assault weapons ban
• Obama proposes 10-round limit on ammunition magazines
• Obama nominates Todd Jones to be Director of ATF
• Obama urges Congress to confirm Todd Jones

canopfor on January 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I think you might be missing the point. Biologically speaking, there really is only one human race. At one time there were very isolated gene pools, but there has been a lot of mixing and there will continue to be.

Besides, I thought it was a liberal thing to overemphasize the importance of so-called race.

bluegill on January 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Wow, you’re doing yeomans work today…
…..this isn’t a PALIN thread…

ToddPA on January 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

23 ways to circumvent the Constitution.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

If my doctor asks me about any “guns” he is going to get a big fact “F.U.”, and it won’t be a whisper.

right2bright on January 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I’ve been saying for years that there is only one “human race”.

Are you rejecting that?

listens2glenn
on January 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Now we’re getting into nitpicking territory. “The human race” is a generic reference to all humans. That reference does not negate the existence of specific races within the human race.

Unless you’re going to make the liberal claim that we’re all the same in every way, but I highly doubt you are.

MelonCollie on January 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Doesn’t fly.

Unless you’re claiming to be a Darwinian atheist, we all descended from Noah.

Liberals claim that “we’re all the same in every way”, but they don’t believe it. They began this “chant” to aid in hijacking the Civil Rights Movement, and nothing else.

I come closer to believing “we’re all the same in every way”, than they do.

listens2glenn on January 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I’m certain that you smell more poop, urine and vomit than any farmer.

Night Owl on January 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

So why isn’t the NRA spewing fire and brimstone at gun show operators for abridging people’s 2nd amendment rights?

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

When did the NRA or gun show operators become the government? The Second Amendment applies only to the government.

As an attorney, I would guess that the insurance policies on gun shows PROHIBIT loaded weapons.

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

In your Bizarro World, true is false.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM

No, in my world when you accuse a person of lying, without proof, and that accusation is shown to be false, AND you refuse to retract your statement and apologize, you have borne false witness against that person.

As a self-styled Christian, I’m sure you can find a verse for that.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

canopfor on January 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM

nonnpartisan most injured by this. Lol! Say, do we know if Nasa still handles the Arabic thingy? Nice to see the CDC branching out. Lol!

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Yes, because the streets of our fair city smell so much better, especially when Occupy Wall Street is in camp.

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM

As always KJ

Spot on

cmsinaz on January 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Youre still hung up on the fact that I called Hillary a liar, little person?

Tell you what…go ask Vince Foster to help you refute that.

I’ll wait.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Yeah? btw, you don’t have to thank me for my tax dollars, which we so lavishly waste on you flyover folks. i just like to help.
sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Good. Keep it coming, sap.

Cleombrotus on January 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Thought about replying, chump has me on ignore, Coward Peon strategy me thinks. Insurance would be just a wee bit of an issue. I did notice they framed it as a request. Not a command.

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

For sure Liam

Funny the lsm is praising the trafficking eo

Hello fast n furious????

cmsinaz on January 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Like a liblet like pitiful putrid YOU would hold Chris Matthews to that standard.

Pffft!

You’re more phony than a nine-peso wooden coin. Typical liberal.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Fair enough. Point taken.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

‘liberal’ is not a profanity

nonpartisan on January 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Yes it is.

Night Owl on January 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

We in fly over country may have to smell it every once in awhile but at least we’re not full of it.

gophergirl on January 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Assuming, and it a big assumption, that you have a job that pays enough where you actually pay taxes…I suspect you are about 24 years old, waiting for that “just right job”, meanwhile, flipping burgers??

right2bright on January 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Matt Yglesias: Sorry haters, Obama’s kids are worth more than yours

Pretty comfortable saying that the president’s children are in fact more important than yours: youtube.com/watch?v=2bKw7Z…

Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) January 16, 2013

How low can he go?

He pathetically tried to qualify his shameful statement:

Sorry haters, a kidnapping of the First Kids would be a way bigger deal than a kidnapping of your kids.—
Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) January 16, 2013

Before shamefully doubling down:

And, yes, I know your kids are more important TO YOU. But they’re less important to the country. That’s the point.—
Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) January 16, 2013

Southern by choice22 on January 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

on the other hand, i get to spend my life in nyc.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Not sure that is such a winnah! I’m outta here as soon as I can unload this place.

Galt’s Gulch is the place for me.
Free livin’ is the life for me.
Liberty spreadin’ out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that rugged-individualism-side.

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I’m certain that you smell more poop, urine and vomit than any farmer.

Night Owl on January 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Hey! Leave Sequispedalian’s mom out of this.

Happy Nomad on January 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

gophergirl on January 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Comment of the day!

+1000

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Yeah this is going to work on the folks who buy their guns on the streets
-mr cmsinaz

cmsinaz on January 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Youre still hung up on the fact that I called Hillary a liar, little person?

Tell you what…go ask Vince Foster to help you refute that.

I’ll wait.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Still waiting for that verse from the Bible, kingsjester. C’mon, there’s gotta be something in there about bearing false witness.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

As a self-styled Christian, I’m sure you can find a verse for that.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

You mean like when Harry Reid made those accusations about Romney’s tax returns and refused to retract when he was found to be flat out lying? Is Harry going to hell?

Night Owl on January 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

How sweet, chump ♥’s RWM. Lol!

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Fair enough. Point taken.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

BTW cT. This is but my own hunch; I have no proof of it. But I suspect the request is actually honored. Good people. Funny, that.

Jabberwock on January 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

gophergirl on January 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

KAPOW!!!!

ToddPA on January 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

New thread up trolls just for you, cause they are listening to the good people of America.

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Southern by choice22 on January 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

As painful as it is…it’s the truth, if your kids were (God forbid) shot, front page news in your home town paper…think it would be the same for Obama?
The term “martyr” would take on a whole new level of understanding.

When Kennedy was shot and killed, do you think that was just a few days of reporting, that it was over in 48 hours, that is was not that much of a bigger deal than if I had been shot?

Reality is not a fun place to live sometimes…

right2bright on January 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

They don’t. According to BEA and IRS 2010 data, NY gets back $1 in Federal benefits for every $1 it sends to the Federal government in taxes.

From 2010, scroll on down…

The Blue Social Model’s Biggest Threat

Oh, and before you start screaming that I got my info from some member of the VRWC, know that it comes from TALKING POINTS MEMO — a left-wing mouthpiece.

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Store shelves up your way completely out or something. How many tender loins does a pig have?

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Prove to me that she’s not a liar.
Here’s one for you, though:

Claiming to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 11:22 (ESV)

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I thought their release of the target shooting video game was a fantastic move. I’ve been having a great time handed asses back to my various Facebook friends who were screaming “It’s Not The Video Games!” after Sandy Hook, but who then fell over themselves to post “OMG The Irresponsible NRA Has Made A Video Game About Guns!!1!!” the other day.

Sharke on January 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Nice touch!

I can’t quote chapter and Verse, but all wisdom comes from God.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Thanks, but it probably doesn’t add up to much after you deduct the extremely high taxes you pay for living in a socialist paradise.

Night Owl on January 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

But your other half has to wake up to it every morning.

RickB on January 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

As you well know, I study Genetics. If what some on the thread have said is true, we are to belive the Southern Redrumped Warbler versus the Western Redrumped Warbler is a legit disctinction, but yet human races are not legitimate. It cannot be both ways.

The idea of a sub-species gives bad optics when applied to humans, which is why it will never be allowed, (because of the word “sub”). Based on what some here have said, if two Asian parents have a kid it could pop out as Causasian. This is NOT the case. Population genetics is a “real” thing. Meaning that unless the two parents from two different population groups breed, you will not see intermediate progeny.

Scientists establish a sub-species or race as having distinct characteristics from the species as a whole. These can be physical, cultural, mating behaviors, geography, you name it. So saying “race” isn’t real is a lie. It is like saying “Italian” isn’t real or “Chinese” isn’t real.

antisense on January 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Sharke on January 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM

There’s another one out there where liberals get to shoot Wayne LaPierre instead of paper targets.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Why yes, Yes there is….

Maybe you can defer to a certain woman in Congress named
Nancy Pelosi (D) CA.

Afterall she reads the Good Book! The “word is the Word”
and all that happy horsesh*t she spews….
..I call it that, because she does not believe one “word” of what she says…

tell us, have you emailed her office to ask why she
“Bears false witness”?? (CIA ring a bell)?

kingjester is a poster on a website..she on the other hand is
an elected official…I would certainly think you would be
REALLY upset with her….come now, you can admit it….

You like people who “Bear false witness” as long as they
share your idiotology…

ToddPA on January 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

RickB on January 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

RickB !!! Where you been?

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

right2bright on January 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Same here. But in my part of PA the density of bitter clingers is so high that my doctor will be quickly schooled if he dares to ask anything like that.

petefrt on January 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Southern by choice22 on January 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

They severely overestimate that slacker’s value to this country. I have yet to figure a way to put my thought’s about this in such a way that I don’t get banned or visited by some government agent.

Night Owl on January 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

at least i don’t have to smell pig shit every morning.

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

To a hog producer, that’s the smell of money.

catsandbooks on January 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

The next time a Lib stands up and says something like “the founders never envisioned AK-47′s in the hands of the people”…..

Just remind them the musket was what was available 250 years ago, it was what people could get their hands on then, and that’s exactly what other high powered weapons are today.

They are todays’ muskets.

PappyD61 on January 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

petefrt on January 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

My doctor reads my Blog. He will not comply.:)

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Before shamefully doubling down:

Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) January 16, 2013
Southern by choice22 on January 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I am not against SS protection for the First Kids. Goes with the territory.

This character misses the point. My kids ARE more important to me and I have, not only a right, but an obligation to protect them.

If this Yglesias clown wants to pit the First kids against mine, mine come first.

Jabberwock on January 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

antisense on January 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Absolutely brilliant summary.

MelonCollie on January 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM

PappyD61 on January 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

If liberals are so hot and sweaty over muskets, let them keep theirs and nothing more. The rest of us have the firearms we personally choose to hold.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

your site is da bomb, good stuff

DanMan on January 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

This ad’s mostly B.S. If Obama’s kids were not protected by guns, they’d have a half life of a Florida snowflake. The video’s production is hokey and cheap. Seem the NRA could do a lot better with their quarter million new members’ dues last month.

We don’t need a big government conservative $4B expansion in Federal spending, especially not this one. Allow school staff who want guns to have them, especially if they’re not teachers. That alone should cut Sandy Hook type incidents dramatically.

elfman on January 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Actually, we won’t thank you, because Obama supporters like you don’t pay them.

Besides not paying those pesky taxes, Mr. Rangel had other reasons for wanting to hide income. As the tenant of four rent-stabilized apartments in Harlem, the Congressman needed to keep his annual reported income below $175,000, lest he be ineligible as a hardship case for rent control. (He also used one of the apartments as an office in violation of rent-control rules, but that’s another story.)

Mr. Rangel said last fall that “I never had any idea that I got any income’’ from the villa. Try using that one the next time the IRS comes after you. Equally interesting is his claim that he didn’t know that the developer of the Dominican Republic villa had converted his $52,000 mortgage to an interest-free loan in 1990. That would seem to violate House rules on gifts, which say Members may only accept loans on “terms that are generally available to the public.” Try getting an interest-free loan from your banker.

The National Legal and Policy Center also says it has confirmed that Mr. Rangel owned a home in Washington from 1971-2000 and during that time claimed a “homestead” exemption that allowed him to save on his District of Columbia property taxes. However, the homestead exemption only applies to a principal residence, and the Washington home could not have qualified as such since Mr. Rangel’s rent-stabilized apartments in New York have the same requirement.

Indeed, your Obama himself doesn’t believe either he or his supporters should have to actually pay taxes.

Now, back taxes have been a problem for the Obama-Biden administration. You may recall early on that Tom Daschle was the president’s top pick to run the Health and Human Services Department. But it turned out the former Democratic senator, who was un-elected from South Dakota in 2004, owed something like $120,000 to the IRS for things from his subsequent benefactor that he just forgot to pay taxes on. You know how that is. $120G’s here or there. So he dropped out.

And then we learned this guy Timothy Geithner owed something like $42,000 in back taxes and penalties to the IRS, which is one of the agencies that he’d be in charge of as secretary of the Treasury. The fine fellow who’s supposed to know about handling everyone else’s money. In the end this was excused by Washington’s bipartisan CYA culture as one of those inadvertent accidental oversights that somehow never seem to happen on the side of paying too much taxes.

And under Geithner’s expert guidance the U.S. economy has been, well, wow! Just look at it.

Privacy laws prevent release of individual tax delinquents’ names. But we do know that as of the end of 2009, 41 people inside Obama’s very own White House owe the government they’re allegedly running a total of $831,055 in back taxes. That would cover a lot of special chocolate desserts in the White House Mess.

So don’t try to threaten us with what you don’t pay, sesquipedalian. Indeed, the fact that you openly endorse, support, and vote for tax cheats just demonstrates what lying, lawless hypocrites and pigs Obama supporters like you actually are.

northdallasthirty on January 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM

your site is da bomb, good stuff

DanMan on January 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Thx. :-)

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

elfman on January 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Liberals don’t like that. Why, you ask?

Because they simply don’t like it, so it can’t be allowed. A sign that says “Gun Free Zone” is much better.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

antisense on January 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Ruh roh, PC alert. Off to re-education camp with you.

petefrt on January 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Chicago aldermen approve $33 million to settle two cases of police misconduct

Only the police should have guns?

southsidetom on January 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM

(To his handlers…)
Hey, guys, wait a minute! Where are you taking me? I’m on your side, remember?? Well, yeah, I went to a right-wing website from time to time, but that was to stir up sh-t, like you told me to! I DID WHAT YOU WANTED!! DON’T PUT ME ON THAT TRAIN!!!

sesquipedalian on January 16, 2016

CurtZHP on January 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM

right2bright on January 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

petefrt on January 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

And, of course, there are some doctors who will not ask….because I don’t want anyone asking about mine. :)

SubmarineDoc on January 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Prove to me that she’s not a liar.

Wait a minute! YOU made the accusation! YOU have the burden of proof to show that she is a liar!

You can’t do it, yet you refuse to concede, retract and apologize.
Doesn’t your Jesus teach you anything about honesty and humility?

Here’s one for you, though:

Claiming to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 11:22 (ESV)

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Yeah, here’s one backatcha from the book of chumpThreads:

Hypocrite! Thy name is kingsjester!

Chapter and verse, Christian.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

They are todays’ muskets.

PappyD61 on January 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Right – the Brown Bess was the standard issue arm for British troops.

Just as the M4 is the standard issue arm for our Troops.

Now, the given the reason for the 2nd amendment to be a bulwark against tyranny, shouldn’t the people have some parity with the ‘regulars’?

Galt2009 on January 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Hey Ed,

We are all sitting here patiently waiting for your Open thread post covering the speech. Will ya hurry up, he’s gonna starting speaking about a ……

NVM

can_con on January 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Ooooooo. I’m crushed.

The “Book of Chumpthreads”? Heck. you’re not even smart enough for a .pdf.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Latrine rats don’t smell what they feed on.

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Lucky you. If my doc ever asked me about guns, I’d replace him with a doctor who didn’t.

petefrt on January 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I’ve told you for a time now to always answer “NO” when asked by any hospital questionnaire or dr. if you own/use guns.

“N/a” will get you in trouble.

“Yes” will too.

You thought it was fiction. Today it became reality.

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Latrine rats don’t smell what they feed on.

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Good point.

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Took you an hour to come with that, did it?

What were you doing in the meantime–protesting the impending execution of a serial child-killer?

Pffft! You sanctimonious liberals are all the same.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

The “Book of Chumpthreads”? Heck. you’re not even smart enough for a .pdf.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Ha! Lol! ; )

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

And while the signs are being made I think NYC should add a few that say “No pushing people in front of trains!!11!1!” and end the recent rampage of subway killings.

Bishop on January 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I think they should shut down the subway and ban the trains. After all, the things are dangerous! They kill people all the time!

totherightofthem on January 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

“N/a” will get you in trouble.

“Yes” will too.

You thought it was fiction. Today it became reality.

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hey, where is the ACLU on this invasion of privacy?

(wanted to get a laugh in this serious atmosphere)

Galt2009 on January 16, 2013 at 1:16 PM

President Obama’s remarks on new gun control actions, Jan. 16, 2013 (Transcript)

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: Before — before I begin today, let me say to the families of the innocents who were murdered 33 days ago, our heart — our heart goes out to you. And you show incredible courage — incredible courage being here. And the president and I are going to do everything in our power to honor the memory of your children and your wives with — with the work we take up here today.

It’s been 33 days since the nation’s heart was broken by the horrific, senseless violence that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Twenty — twenty — beautiful first-graders gunned down in a place that’s supposed to be their second sanctuary. 7

BIDEN: Six — six — members of the staff killed, trying to save those children. It’s literally been hard for the nation to comprehend, hard for the nation to fathom. And I know for the families who are here, time is not measured in days, but it’s measured in minutes, in seconds since you received that news — another minute without your daughter, another minute without your son, another minute without your wife, another minute without your mom.

I want to personally thank Chris and Lynn McDonnell (ph), who lost their beautiful daughter, Grace (ph), and the other parents who I had a chance to speak to, for — for their suggestions and for, again, just for their — the courage of all of you to be here today. I admire — I admire the grace and the resolve you all are showing.

And I must say, I’ve been deeply affected by your faith as well, and the president and I are going to do everything to try to match the resolve you’ve demonstrated. No one can know for certain if this senseless act could have been prevented, but we all know we have a moral obligation — a moral obligation to do everything in our power to diminish the prospect that something like this could happen again.

BIDEN: As the president knows, I’ve worked in this field a long time in the United States Senate, having chaired a committee that had jurisdiction over these issues of guns and crime, and having drafted the first gun violence legislation — the last gun violence legislation, I should say. And I have no illusions about we’re up against — what we’re up against, or how hard the task is in front of us. But I also have never seen the nation’s conscience so shaken by what happened at Sandy Hook.

The world has changed, and it’s demanding action. It’s in this context that the president asked me to put together, along with cabinet members, a set of recommendations about how we should proceed to meet that moral obligation we have. And toward that end, the cabinet members and I sat down with 229 groups — not just individuals — representing groups, 229 groups, from law enforcement agencies to public health officials to gun officials to gun advocacy groups, to — to sportsmen and hunters and religious leaders. And I’ve spoken with members of Congress on both sides of the aisle, had extensive conversations with mayors and governors and county officials.

5 More Pages!

canopfor on January 16, 2013 at 1:16 PM

canopfor on January 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Bmore:Lol,Arabian NASA!:)

canopfor on January 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Ooooooo. I’m crushed.

The “Book of Chumpthreads”? Heck. you’re not even smart enough for a .pdf.

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

You can’t reply to the substance of my comments, that much is clear.

Go tell Jesus that chumpThreads spanked you, hack Christian.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Pigs are clean.

Rats eat pig sh*t.

Rats spread diseases.

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

You can’t reply to the substance of my comments
chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

You’re a liberal. Which means you have no substance.

The only reason any of us bother knowing you exist is because you keep being a liberal.

Liam on January 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

You can’t reply to the substance of my comments, that much is clear.

Go tell Jesus that chumpThreads spanked you, hack Christian.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

There’s no substance to any of your comments or even you, mostly because you’re a liberal heretic with the debate capacity of a drunken circus clown.

And you couldn’t spank a disobedient toddler, weakling, much less someone in an argument. Go thank Jesus he’s saved you from being so stupid that you spontaneously forget how to breathe and suffocate.

MelonCollie on January 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I’m not apologizing for calling a liar a liar.

Is that direct enough for you, idjit?

Now, go upstairs. Mom has your lunch ready. I hear it’s Spaghettios!

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM

You can’t reply to the substance of my comments, that much is clear.

Go tell Jesus that chumpThreads spanked you, hack Christian.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Actually, we respond just fine.

Your problem is that facts are anathema to liberal bigots like yourself, who insist that they should be exempted from the laws they demand everyone else follows.

northdallasthirty on January 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

chump Lol! Fool that chump is. Daily getting its a s s handed to it. Smells a little like……….I presume. Funny!

Bmore on January 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I’m not apologizing for calling a liar a liar.

Is that direct enough for you, idjit?

“You shall not bear false witness.”
Is that direct enough for you, Christian?

Boy, things are bad when an atheist has to quote the Bible to correct a so-called Christian.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Oh, and is ChumpThreads screaming about “bearing false witness”?

Too, too, TOO precious.

But of course, ChumpThreads is just a screaming little hypocrite who got spanked by the fact that he supports and endorses his Obama lying at every opportunity — and that he says it’s OK for a “good Christian” like Obama to lie.

northdallasthirty on January 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM

“You shall not bear false witness.”
Is that direct enough for you, Christian?

Liberal retard, you have no authority to speak about bearing false witness. If you were hauled into court as a witness, they’d have to throw you out because everything you said would be questionable at best and more likely a flat-out fib.

Boy, things are bad when an atheist has to misquote the Bible to throw a strawman argument at a Christian whose boots he isn’t worthy to lick.

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

FTFY.

Go sit back down in your little chair and pound your fist at God, foolish child. At least then you’ll only be making a fool of yourself to the heavenly observers and not us as well.

MelonCollie on January 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM

right2bright on January 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

When our pediatrician (a dozen+ years back) asked about guns in the home we promptly got a new doctor.

GWB on January 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

You’re beclowning yourself…of course, that is nothing new.

Do you have that proof for me that Hillary is not a liar, yet?

kingsjester on January 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM

chumpThreads

If you have to ask, you’re probably too stupid for the answer. In your case, it’s guaranteed you’re too stupid for the answer.

xblade on January 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Require criminal background checks for all gun sales

According to the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, 93% of all firearms used in criminal acts are obtained illegally, ie, on the street, through theft, etc. Thus, even if we had universal background checks, it would only affect 7% of the guns used in the commission of criminal acts.

According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from:

* a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%

* a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%

* family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%

In other words, criminals don’t get their guns from gun shows.

Per the FBI:

“Offenders armed with handguns committed one in every eight violent crimes–rape, robbery and assault–measured by BJS’s National Crime Victimization Survey. The other violent crime victims were attacked or threatened by offenders who were either unarmed or were armed with such weapons as rocks, sticks, knives or other types of firearms. The most common violent crime, simple assault, by definition does not involve the use of a weapon.”

So, going after firearms only goes after 12.5% of the violent offences.

Only 2% of prison inmates used a military-style semiautomatic gun.

“According to the latest available data, those who use guns in violent crimes rarely purchase them directly from licensed dealers; most guns used in crime have been stolen or transferred
between individuals after the original purchase.”

If a criminal is going to commit a crime, he is not going to obey a law which subjects him to a criminal background check.

Universal background checks are just another way in which the government can monitor the activities of law-abiding citizens.

Resist We Much on January 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Is that direct enough for you, Christian?

chumpThreads on January 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

But totally irrelevant when one shows how said atheist both supports and endorses lying AND insists that a proven liar is a “good Christian”.

Which demonstrates nicely that chumpThreads is not making a judgment based on actual tenets of Christianity, but instead is using a bigoted and biased interpretation to try to manipulate a Christian.

That only shows what a pathetic coward and liar chumpThreads is. Nothing more than a typical liberal troll, an Obama liar and puppet.

northdallasthirty on January 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM