Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on January 13, 2013 by Allahpundit

Conservative ideas work. Numerous states are demonstrating that low taxes, right-to-work laws, school choice, energy development and other common-sense policies improve the lives of everyone. Conversely, progressive central planning has failed throughout history and is still failing today…

One lesson I learned in marketing is that, for consumers and voters, perception is reality.

November’s election results and exit polls suggest that a majority of Americans agree that government does too much yet still voted for more of it. The election taught conservatives that we can no longer entrust political parties to carry our message.

We must take our case to the people ourselves, and we must start where all good marketing starts: with research. Conservative policies have proved their worth time and time again. If we’re not communicating in a way that makes that clear, we are doing a disservice to our fellow citizens. We need to test the market and our message to communicate more effectively.

***

DeMint’s opinion piece represents a broader sentiment within the conservative movement, that its establishment leaders simply lack the ability to point a way out of the political wilderness.

The rise of taxman (or, more accurately, anti-taxman) Grover Norquist and the ongoing power of radio talker Rush Limbaugh affirm that the power center of the GOP increasingly rests outside of its elected leaders. (That shrinking of establishment power was never more evident than when Speaker John Boehner was unable to find enough votes for his “Plan B” that would have exempted all but those making $1 million or more from a tax increase.)…

The weakening of political parties is a long-term process — driven by the growth of the Internet and its capacity/influence as an organizing and fundraising tool. But, the fissure within the Republican party between its party leadership and its base (and those figures tied to the base) has accelerated that movement.

***

Fact No. 1 is to realize a political party isn’t a church nor a cult but a mechanism to get diverse people who share some things in common to work toward a common position of power that none could achieve on their own. Fact No. 2 is that unless you can convert your principles into actual policies, standing upon them does no one a favor. If you believe in your principles but can’t convert others, you are not an asset. If you antagonize them, you and your principles are a real liability, and perhaps you should shut the hell up.

Fact No. 2 is that because no coalition big enough to win power can ever be pure or completely united, and no pure wing or segment can be big enough to win or rule on its own, it is in everyone’s interest to cherish the mavericks. Each party needs members who vote with them sometimes. Conservatives dreamed of the day they could rid themselves of the Snowes, Lugars and Castles; that day has come, and they and their party are weaker than ever. Many conservatives would kill now to have those seats back.

Sometime soon, before the debt ceiling crisis writes a thrilling new chapter, Republicans should sit down together and try to agree on four things: to name the shared goals that they want to move forward; to decide what to do to in a practical manner (in the real world, not an imagined alternative); to find their best spokesmen, and have him (or her) speak for them all; and to remember exactly who their real enemies are — who, in the real world, are not themselves.

***

If you are conservative you are skeptical of concentrated power. You know the bullying and bossism it can lead to. Republicans should go to the populist right on the issue of bank breakup. Too big to fail is too big to continue. The megabanks have too much power in Washington and too much weight within the financial system. People think the GOP is for the bankers. The GOP should upend this assumption. In this case good policy is good politics.

If you are a conservative you’re supposed to be for just treatment of the individual over the demands of concentrated elites. Every individual in America making $400,000 a year or more just got a tax hike that was a blow to the gut. Regular working people are seeing their payroll deductions increase. But private-equity partners who make billions enjoy more favorable tax treatment. Their income is treated for tax purposes as a capital gain, so they’re taxed at far lower rates. This is called the carried interest exemption, and everybody knows it’s a big con.

The Republican Party should come out against it in a big way. Let the real rich pay the same percentage the not-actually-rich-but-formally-declared-rich are paying. If the Republicans did this they’d actually be joining the winning side, because carried interest will not survive the new era. If congressional Republicans care about their party they’ll want it to get credit for fairness, as opposed to the usual blame for being lackeys of the rich.

Republicans make too much of order and discipline. Sometimes a little anarchy is a good thing, a little disorder a sign of creativity and independence of thought.

***

The GOP should spend 2013 rebuilding an agenda based on a defense of family. It should couple that with an aggressive attack on cronyism, pivoting the GOP as the outsiders’ party…

The Republicans must have serious tax reform ideas. Those ideas should start with a much flatter tax with far fewer deductions. Those deductions should favor married couples with kids making it easier for one spouse to stay home through high deductions for a household with one earner. But likewise, the Republicans should consider in a two income household of joint filers, the second income earner should pay less tax on that income.

While the default rule should always be to never use the tax code to encourage or prohibit behavior — it should just be about raising revenue — as long as Washington intends to do that, the Republicans should favor a tax code that rewards two parent nuclear households with multiple children and, through the use of generous deductions, provide incentive for one spouse to stay home. That would not only help reduce the supply of workers in the workforce at a time of decreased demand for workers, but would also ease the burden of the social safety net.

***

By all means, Republicans should fight to keep spending as low as possible and block new efforts to expand the reach of government. And they should continue to present a vision for reform in bills that they can pass through the House. Let Obama propose his outrageous budget, and counter with a House-passed budget that actually addresses the nation’s spending problem. Haggle over the numbers and details, attack the Senate for their failure to pass a budget, and then cut the best deal possible. Laying out a governing agenda would give them something to build on if they can retake the Senate in 2014 and gain the presidency in 2016. And it would avoid the spectacle of trying to make the case for small government at a time when financial markets are freaking out because the debt ceiling hasn’t been raised and when there’s no hope of enacting their preferred policies anyway.

Conservatives should recognize that even though they can block key items of the liberal agenda with control of the House, they cannot advance the conservative agenda with Obama as president and Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader. With this in mind, it’s short-sighted to advocate a strategy whereby Republicans dig in their heels at every opportunity in exchange for a few crumbs of concessions from Obama, at best. This strategy risks lasting damage to the conservative brand that will prevent real reform.

***

Meanwhile, Obama is preparing to prioritize immigration reform on his second-term agenda, a move that would do as much to divide the GOP as it would to score points among Hispanic voters. It would threaten to engulf the GOP in a heated internal debate that would make the fiscal-cliff arguments seem like child’s play. Immigration sparked the beginning of the Republican rebellion from George W. Bush, well before the tea party emerged as a GOP force. And the wave of tea party-aligned freshmen, most representing homogeneous districts, aren’t at all inclined to embrace positions they once railed against. Most Republican strategists believe that, without a jump in support from the growing Hispanic population, the GOP could become a permanent minority party—and immigration reform is the ticket to win them over. But they would acknowledge that quickly adding more Hispanics to the voter rolls could further damage the Republican party’s long-term standing as well. Conservative talker Sean Hannity, the day after the 2012 election, reversed course and came out for some version of comprehensive immigration reform; the next day on his radio show, Rush Limbaugh doubled down on his opposition…

I’ve long been skeptical about the feasibility of a third party, but I’m beginning to entertain the possibility that the GOP could become split apart as these policy debates come to the fore. It was only three years ago that pundits viewed the tea party movement as a legitimate third-party threat in the heat of their activism; instead, activists worked from within to nominate like-minded candidates and press their agenda.

Is it that much of a stretch to believe that, by 2016, the grassroots base will have taken control of the Republican Party, and the establishment will be looking to bolt?

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Got that video link from here.

Schadenfreude on January 14, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Gotcha.

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Jim Demint makes some good points..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Schadenfreude on January 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Unfortunately the repub loser pols are helping to prolong the day of reckoning. Even though the so called “cliff” would have stung me, I wanted it to bite the numnutz Obots and no-care others right smack in the bung hole and get their attention.

I believe you were the one who turned me on to this nice lady the other night. thx

arnold ziffel on January 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM

LoLz..Thanks for not making fun of me..I just heard it on the radio today..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 12:42 AM

lol

I bet you like this girl, too!

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM

The people voted against Mitt Romney more than against Odumbo thus Odumbo won. The people generally do that do not change horses for no real reason the people are not to blame the GOPe and especially Mitt are.

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I blame everyone who enabled Obama’s bringing and keeping. You and yours can all go to Hades and may he destroy you all, into oblivion. I don’t care what happens to any parties or the land. The people who brung and kept Obama must suffer from their actions.

Schadenfreude on January 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM

You cant get numbnuts Steveangell to admit he has any responsibility for Obama getting reelected, he thinks Romney is even more evil than Obama. Personally I think Stevie boy is a religious bigot who could vote for Romney because Romney is a Mormon, not that he will admit to that either.

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

arnold ziffel on January 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM

You’re so right, Arnold. Also, you’re welcome.

Schadenfreude on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM

No..No..No..I did like this one..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I sounded the alert earlier..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Response to Anti-Control/Gang Green

The Freeze – It’s Only Alcohol

It’s only alcohol,
you can’t call it a drug…

the Specials – friday night saturday morning

Out of bed at eight am
Out my head by half past ten
Out with mates and dates and friends
That’s what I do at weekends
I can’t talk and I can’t walk
But I know where I’m going to go
I’m going watch my money go
At the Locarno, no

When my feet go through the door
I know what my right arm is for
Buy a drink and pull a chair
Up to the edge of the dance floor
Bouncers bouncing through the night
Trying to stop or start a fight
I sit and watch the flashing lights
Moving legs in footless tights

I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning
I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning

I like to venture into town
I like to get a few drinks down
The floor gets packed the bar gets full
I don’t like life when things get dull
The hen party have saved the night
And freed themselves from drunken stags
Having fun and dancing in
A circle round their leather bags

I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning
I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning

But two o’clock has come again
It’s time to leave this paradise
Hope the chip shop isn’t closed
Cos’ their pies are really nice
I’ll eat in the taxi queue
Standing in someone else’s spew
Wish I had lipstick on my shirt
Instead of pis$ stains on my shoes

I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning
I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning
I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning
I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM

arnold ziffel on January 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM

She reminds me of this lady:

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Nora Jones is awesome..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

…we have already determined…that he is mentally retarded…he just appears… function able.

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

No more than I can get you to admit Mitt was not the most electable even after he proved he could not win an election.

Seem you are in complete denial.

It is simple.

2010 Republicans won Nationwide with a Conservative message.

2012 GOPe message was run and Republicans lost Nationwide including Mitt Romneycare.

Yet you persist in not believing the facts. You even had the gull to blame those same people that gave us the House in 2010 for the 2012 losses. The people did not change the message did. How do you not get that?

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Or this:

Hint: Don’t listen to him. I haven’t intentionally done that since 2008.

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Good advice!

Alice Cooper – “You Drive Me Nervous”

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 1:18 AM

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Now you two are reduced to Saul Alinsky blabbering so sad.

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM

…I think its time for your shots!…Goodnite!

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Nora Jones is awesome..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

She is. This was next to it in YouTube. Haven’t heard this one in years:

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

No..No..No..I did like this one..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I liked it, too, but Ms. Hynde is a fruitcake! :)

The Pretenders did a decent job covering this, but I like the original better

Divinyls – “Human On the Inside”

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Now you two are reduced to Saul Alinsky blabbering so sad.

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

…Dude!…you don’t want me to bring up all your threads showing how much you repeat yourself…or as you just caledl it…”blabbering”!
Get your shots!…now go pull your own finger!

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Funny how you persist in this lie even though I have told you time and again I am a Mormon. Look up my Great great grand uncle Truman O Angell he was the architect of the Salt Lake City Temple and a lot more in SLC Utah. His sister Brigham Youngs first wife ( well technically his first died after three years of marriage so she was second). That is about as Mormon as it gets.

Read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. It is the most true book on earth and completely validates the Bible.

But just like Harry Reid, also a Mormon, Mitt is a very evil man. I just call it like it is. Our church seldom excommunicates powerful men.

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

What is going on? How come everything is so crappy?

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Get your shots!…now go pull your own finger!

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Then at least do not lie about me. You did go Saul Alinsky.

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Awesome..I almost played this earlier!!..:)

PS..Both ladies have awesome voices..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM

now go pull your own finger!

…and…he did!

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

(:->)

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

sorry can’t read reformed Egyptian hieroglyphics.

tom daschle concerned on January 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

It must be fun to play a kook on the internet..You are good at it..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Then at least do not lie about me. You did go Saul Alinsky.

Steveangell on January 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

…go get biblical…and reincarnate yourself blabbermouth

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Pee?

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

sorry can’t read reformed Egyptian hieroglyphics.

tom daschle concerned on January 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I don’t have Seer stone to talk through my hat with…

SWalker on January 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Harlem Nocturne – Stitt

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Steveangell on January 14, 2013

…you’re a nice kid sometimes…you just don’t know when you have a screw loose…and what to do with it!

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Schumer asks retailers to stop sales of “assault weapons” while Congress debates…WTH?

d1carter on January 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Good to see Schumer is still in the discovery phase of his debate. He will undoubtedly be disappointed when he finally finds out what an assault weapon is.

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

d1carter on January 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

The only industry in this country that is making any money is supposed to just quit selling something because he wants them to? LOL! I’m sure they’ll get right on that.

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Good evening..Hope all is well..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Harlem Nocturne – Georgie Auld

An entirely different feel and sound. My personal favorite.

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

…Schumer is an expert… on PORK!

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM

The Freeze – It’s Only Alcohol

It’s only alcohol,
you can’t call it a drug…

the Specials – friday night saturday morning

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Very good choices.

I want to put 0dumba on their skateboard :)

Gang Green – “Skate To Hell”

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Good to see you Dire! Nice road trip? Profitable I hope. ; ) P.S. things are fine.

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:46 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Right now it’s seems someone put a jinx on me. I was wondering if you could cancel the jinx so tomorrow won’t be as lame as today.

I hope its a one day jinx. Maybe almond cake will cancel the jinx.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM

In A Sentimental Mood – Zoot Sims

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Lilly was here..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Mostly paying respects..:(

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Awesome..I almost played this earlier!!..:)

And, what stopped you?

PS..Both ladies have awesome voices..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Yes they do.

I like this chick’s voice a lot, too – it’s fantastic!

“Somewhere in Paradise”

Jeff Beck w/Karen Lawrence – “Back On the Street”

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Every bit as important. ; )

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I’m sorry to hear that, Spark.

Don’t fret, this will pass, evaporating like mist in strong sunlight. In the meantime, I recommend the almond cake for good measure! :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Thank you, I figure if the almond cake doesn’t remove the jinx then at least I still got to eat almond cake.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Oh……on second thought…….sorry to hear that. : (

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Very cool! Love Candy. Good evening, Dire! Very good to see you back.:)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

You can eat your almond cake in the glade, bathing in moonlight and the healing waters of the pool. :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Hey everyone, just a quick stop.
Home of gun owner outed by NY newspaper robbed …….

Let the lawsuits begin……

angrymike on January 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Good evening, Bmore! It’s wonderful to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Oh, goodnight all…..*poof*

angrymike on January 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Oh…I forgot to mention… I love almond cake! :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Wow, BMore and Dire are here when both were gone for a while.

Somehow they summoned each other thru a conjuring trick of some kind that we don’t yet fully understand the ways of the universe.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

angrymike on January 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Goodnight, Mike! Sleep well. Tell Double Trouble ‘hello’. :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Perhaps that’s true… maybe we should investigate.

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:59 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM

…just make sure he’s not up in the balloon bathing in the moonlight… while you’re down in the glade………….never mind…I’ll tell you later!

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Now that would make my day. I’ll save you some and you can put your special ambrosia nectar on it.

BMore would prolly plop some ice cream on his piece.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Evening Jackie! Nice to see you and nice to be seen. ; )

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Thanks..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Lilly was here..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM

The Who – “Pictures Of Lily”

Very cool! Love Candy. Good evening, Dire! Very good to see you back.:)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Montrose – “Rock Candy”

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

The Lady can definitely play the saxaphone..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Lol! Magic! Got read Scrumpy’s poems about us. They were great! She is really very clever with it. ; )

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM

What is going on? How come everything is so crappy?

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Strange, my daughter said this is the best day ever. First, we made sushi for the first time and it turned out very well. Second, she said she wanted a trench coat, and I told her there was one in the closet. (It’s not one of those black ones like school shooters wear, it’s taupe.) Of course, she may just be much easier to please than you. :)

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM

You missed some good conjurings. I summoned Jackie twice. Scrumpt summoned me once.

Dire was about to summon me but I summoned him instead.

No one can summon Axe cause he double super *poofed* himself away and can’t doubke super *unpoof * without an incantation he forgot.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Got to……..

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM

LOL! I think I know to what you refer. I understood those to be unsubstantiated rumor, so I’m prepared to ‘look the other way’! :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Axe is a masterpoofer.

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I thought Bmore was more of a pie fan…but I’d bet he’d enjoy some almond cake just the same. :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM

She is awesome..:)

PS..imho this lady has an awesome voice..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Prolly. Im just a cranky wanker today. I have a lot to be thankful for.

1. Still got a magic 8 ball
2. Kate Upton has never answered my emails but at least she didn’t tell me to get lost.
3. Pistol Shrimp are making a huge come back
4. B9

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Truth be known, I love all deserts, most sweets too.

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Yep. He is a pie guy. So am I actually but i don’t think pie can remove jinxes.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I have a sweet tooth, too. :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Axe is a masterpoofer.

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Yep. And if he can grow a set of hooters SWalker has to hire him back to play tambourine.

That’s what the magistrate said. Otherwise is descriminating since SWalker hired a new tambourine player that has nice hooters.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:14 AM

PS..imho this lady has an awesome voice..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

She does. I wished I liked her music more. :(

This is one of the best HM songs imo \m/

Yesterday and Today – “Fast Ladies (Very Slow Gin)”

This one is great, too – I bet you and Scrumpy can relate to it! :D

Yesterday and Today – “Alcohol”

I went to a party just the other night
Well everyone was there it was out of sight
After a while, things got crazy
A fight was startin’ over someone’s old lady
Bottles were breakin’, the windows too
All because someone drank too much brew yeah

Tomorrow mornin’ I’ll be climbing the walls ’cause of the
What I did tonight I don’t want to recall

You fight and you move and get all loose
When you got a bottle of that crazy juice
Fight and shout and cause a brawl
When you’re out drinkin’ that alcohol
I know it’s true, I wanna tell you all
The meanest trip is alcohol

Tomorrow mornin’ I’ll be sick as a dog on that
Alcohol, alcohol
Help me out a little bit boys
Please help me that’s all

After the party I was drivin’ home
Who did I see on the side of the road
Danny P in a V8 Ford and he was
Spread-eagled on a police car door
The cop held a bottle in one of his hands
He said, “Now look here now, Danny Boy,
This here the law of the land”

“Come on now peacefully, Danny Boy,
Down to City Hall”
Alcohol, alcohol
Danny’s sleepin’ down at city hall, that’s all

I finally got home
I was goin’ to bed
I remembered the bottle of Tequila I had hid
Undid the cap and I started to drink
My head got fuzzy, I couldn’t think
I laid down in my bed and it took to shakin’
Walls were green and my gut was achin’

Alcohol, alcohol
What I’m doin’ tonight I don’t want to recall because of
Alcohol, alcohol
Tomorrow mornin’ I’ll be climbin’ the walls
Alcohol, alcohol
This mean hangover’s got me by my, my
Alcohol, alcohol
We all had a ball drinking that alcohol
Tomorrow mornin’ I’ll be climbin’ the walls ’cause of that
Alcohol, alcohol
A little help Lord, please, just help me one time, that’s all
Alcohol, yeah-ah-ah, alcohol
Tomorrow mornin’ I’ll be sick as a dog on that
Alcohol, alcohol
Will ya help me out, please Lord, help me, that’s all

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:14 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM

If thinking about all that doesn’t cheer you up, there’s this:

Good night!

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Axe can get out of any oubliette. The oubliette that could hold him has never been built. Axe knows oubliettes.

Also, he can’t forget the spell, he’s got the book right there with him. He’ll unsuperpoof as soon as he finishes his business. Being a wizard is tough work, you know.:)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Night Owl on January 14, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Hahaha. Made me laugh.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Rolling In The Deep – Brian Landau-tenor sax

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM

The Lady can definitely play the saxaphone..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Elvis Hitler – “Shove That Sax (Up Your @ss)”

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:14 AM

LoLz..We all need heavy fuel sometimes..imho..:)

PS..My wife is a huge Sarah McLachlan fan..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Let Me Call You Sweetheart – One Man Barber Shop Quartet

I love this guy’s work. :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Oh…I forgot to mention… I love almond cake! :)

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Gregg Allman Almond – “Midnight Rider”

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM

As The Years Go Passing By – Moore

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on January 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Sorry, I was off wandering aimlessly. I have it on good authority I need to do it more. I’m told its good for my health and Conservatism. So…………

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Is a set similar to a pair? Only more.

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM

LoLz..We all need heavy fuel sometimes..imho..:)

haha

PS..My wife is a huge Sarah McLachlan fan..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Sarah M’s music is like chick flicks are to me! :)

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Bmore on January 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I think so. A set might be bigger than a pair but the legal decision was kind of vague on that.

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I understand..But some of us must make concessions..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:42 AM

SparkPlug on January 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Did you get with Megan McCain???..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I understand..But some of us must make concessions..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Yes, I understand. :)

My ex liked chick flicks, but I never had to sit through any with her, fortunately! Our taste in music overlapped well, so that part worked out at least.

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I hear you..:)

PS..It sells..:)

Dire Straits on January 14, 2013 at 3:02 AM

My ex used to have a crush on Ian Astbury lol

The Cult – “Angel” (“Lil’ Devil” demo)

Anti-Control on January 14, 2013 at 3:25 AM

***********NorthKoreanGoon Alert *****************

It Looks like the Liberal Anti-Gun Posse’ DoGooders are on the wrong trail,….Biden should be all over this,….North Korean
Nukes blown up at will,with zero Re-precussions from the West!!

Reports: North Korea has informed China that it intends to conduct a new nuclear test in the next week – @Telegraph

13 mins ago from http://www.telegraph.co.uk by editor
==================================================

By Julian Ryall in Tokyo and agency
8:46AM GMT 14 Jan 2013
**********************

canopfor on January 14, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Colin Powell love fest on morning joe natch

Why cant rhe rest of the gop be like him

What he says is significant for yhe gop

Puhleeze

cmsinaz on January 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM

The extreme right has taken over the party because of all the guns purchased recently… oh my

Beware gop you will lose in 2016…according to mj

Idiot

cmsinaz on January 14, 2013 at 6:14 AM

apparently there are only extremists on the right…the left is awesome!!

cmsinaz on January 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM

cmsinaz on January 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I can’t believe that anyone ever thought Powell was a Conservative.

Oh…about Obama’s Illegal Immigration push…My Take.

kingsjester on January 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM