Quotes of the day

posted at 9:51 pm on January 11, 2013 by Allahpundit

President Barack Obama is trying an end run around the NRA — rallying groups as varied as churches, medical organizations, retailers and the Rotary Club to build support for new gun regulations…

During one session with a dozen religious leaders on Wednesday, Biden made a specific request to those gathered to preach to their congregations about the importance of enacting stronger gun control laws, said the Rev. Michael McBride, a participant in the meeting and a community organizer for the PICO Network, an alliance of faith-based organizations…

“He knows that it’s going to be a tough road to come up with the legislative package that would make everyone feel happy,” McBride said. “So he was appealing to our strength and our unique call as moral and faith leaders to help emphasize in our own faith traditions the importance of not only legislation but changing the culture of violence in our country.”

***

Improvements in background checks would be the easiest to pass in Congress if the proposed changes don’t get gummed up with more controversial elements like the much maligned assault weapons ban. Background checks have been identified by gun control advocates as the best way to curb gun violence. Forty percent of gun sales take place at private gun shows where no background checks are required, and 19 states don’t send names to the national database that identifies people who are legally prohibited from owning guns–drug abusers, convicted felons, people with restraining orders on them, etc.

Even so, lawmakers are also focusing on assault weapons, ammunition, video games, and mental health issues. Democrats have yet to tip their hand on how they will proceed: Either to insist on a big package that could be shot down by opponents or offer individual slices of the package, which may doom some ideas but bolster others. Democratic lawmakers and aides have said they want to make sure their response to the Newton, Conn., massacre and other gun crimes is wide-reaching, encompassing mental health and violent imagery in the media as well as gun restrictions. But they also want to be pragmatic.

Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., sits on a House Democratic task force on guns. He told National Journal that he would prefer to deal with background checks first, since it has the broadest support, and tackle other issues after that. “There’s evidence that in certain states where they tightend their background checks, they dramatically reduced the gun crimes. That would be the fastest way to make an impact,” he said.

***

Vice-President Joe Biden’s gun panel is set to report to President Barack Obama next Tuesday. The common view is that any legislation that is at all controversial would have a difficult time getting passed by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives. Now, Biden has raised the possibility of getting gun control measures by executive order.

My advice for the president as someone who reads polls: go for it, if it’s what you want to do. There is much discussion that acting by executive order would be seen as a “totalitarian” action and provoke a backlash. Nonsense, so long as the order is supporting a measure the public favors…

Past history suggests that the president can’t wait around until he gets a Congress that is willing to cooperate. After the Columbine shooting in 1999, Americans’ support for stricter gun laws jumped by 5-10pt. After a year or two, the spike had abated and appetite for stricter gun laws continued its slow decline to the minority position it held just before Newtown.

***

Today, the most vociferous defenders of gun rights tend to be white, rural males who oppose any regulation. But theirs was once the ardently held position of radical African Americans. Notably, in the 1960s, Black Panthers Bobby Seale and Huey Newton toted guns wherever they went to make a point: Blacks needed guns to protect themselves in a country that wasn’t quite ready to enforce civil rights.

In one remarkable incident in May 1967, as recounted in The Atlantic by UCLA law professor Adam Winkler, 24 men and six women, all armed, ascended the California capitol steps, read a proclamation about gun rights and proceeded inside — with their guns, which was legal at the time.

Needless to say, conservatives, including then-Gov. Ronald Reagan, were suddenly very, very interested in gun control. That afternoon, Reagan told reporters there was “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

The degree of one’s allegiance to principle apparently depends mainly on who is holding the gun.

***

The idea that the government can regulate or ban its way into a world where there are no tragedies, no premature deaths, is quite simply ridiculous. But that is precisely the assumption behind phrases like “if only one life is saved, it’s worth it.”

Which brings us to the dangerous part. Pay attention to what Biden is saying. The important thing is for government to act, not for the government to act wisely.

And that’s the real problem with this kind of rhetoric. Not only does it establish a ridiculously low standard for what justifies government action — indeed, action itself becomes its own justification — but it also sets the expectation that the government is there to prevent bad things from happening.

***

Add to this one consequence of President Obama’s intransigence on a debt solution: His other priorities are in limbo. Mr. Biden will announce his recommendations next week, just as Congress prepares to tackle the debt ceiling. At what point will Democrats have the spare bandwidth to address gun control? Also open to question is whether the White House intends to spend its political capital on that perilous subject, rather than on presidential priorities like immigration reform.

The White House is playing its usual fuzzy double-game. Does it intend to stick to mental-health recommendations and slough off on Congress any gun decisions? Or does it intend to embrace gun control in its liberal remake of the country? Was the leak that the Biden task force is debating big gun restrictions a signal of a fight to come? Or was it a deliberate head fake—to make smaller proposals look more reasonable? No one has a clue.

Whatever the White House intends, it is already in a tough position. The task-force leak, combined with Mr. Biden’s tantalizing suggestion of a gun-related executive order, has seriously raised expectations. Anything less than the dismantling of the Second Amendment will earn Mr. Obama a lambasting from his left.

***

Via the Examiner.

***

Via Newsbusters.

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

#1 TROJAN HORSE TO WATCH FOR

Background checks on ALL PRIVATE sales. That means if you want to sell/give your gun to a friend, you have to go through the government to register then transfer. It would be like a property title chain. The government would know at all times who owns what guns. Then it would only be a matter of legislating and confiscating them away… one… by… one…

Glenn Jericho on January 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Ed Rendell: “The good thing about Newtown is that it was so horrific that it will galvanize our side” Burn in Hell, Ed Rendell.

Jackalope on January 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

He’s infinitly beyond jerk status.

I would so love it if he was not ever associated in any way with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He’s developing into a bigger embarrassment than Snarlin’ Arlen Specter, and that’s saying something. The problem is that none of the 49 other states would want him.

PatriotGal2257 on January 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

….don’t know about that!…Michigan…California…New York and MassaHighCheeks… seem to be like South American havens for people like Rendell!

KOOLAID2 on January 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Let it burn, I’m moving here:

wolly4321 on January 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Glenn Jericho on January 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Yeah it’s gonna come to that, I feel it…

Obama will waste no time in implementing it for sure… via EO!

Scrumpy on January 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Isn’t it wrong of churches to talk politics because they are a non profit entity?

Is Biden asking them to break the law perchance?

Scrumpy on January 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

That only applies if they are expounding conservative principles. If it is left wing liberation theology nanny state big government policies, no problem; it’s all good.

We are in Soviet territory here, the rules only apply to some while the party in power is exempted.

AZfederalist on January 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

AZfederalist on January 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

That leftist lib theo is crap for sure…

Scrumpy on January 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Schadenfreude on January 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Allen West: The only gun control is your index finger.

Schadenfreude on January 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM

But until more facts are made public, it can’t be proven.

listens2glenn on January 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Those facts will never be made public.

Scrumpy on January 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM

The initial reports are usually the most information-ally accurate.

Cleombrotus on January 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM

The Dictator vs. The Constitution

This promises to be epic.

Tim_CA on January 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Rendell, you oaf, your side has galvanized the opposition. Leftists are not bright. They, the ‘nuanced’ ones think only in simple abstracts.

Schadenfreude on January 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Resist We Much on January 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Otis McDonald ain’t ‘African’ ANYTHING. He’s a patriot who just happens to be black. I met him @ Chicago’s 2010 Second Amendment Rally.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Resist We Much on January 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Examples of American terrorists with “assault rifles”.

TxAnn56 on January 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

When I look at you America, what I see
Is a country that once belonged to me
And even though that melody plays on
You all too soon may be completely gone

When I look at you, America is standing there
I can almost breathe you in like summer in the air
When I look at you, America is touching me
I would reach for you, but who can hold a memory?

Oh America, you were once that something
I followed like a star
Then suddenly you changed
And now I no longer know what you are

PercyB on January 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Scrumpy

The name you are looking for is Lila Munro, you will find her on Amazon, remember I warned you, naughty:)

RWM

, I stand by my comments about you 100%

Schade

If ever I am half as wise and cultured as you, then I will have accomplished much in life!

MarshFox on January 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I’m aware of that. I’m using the Left’s characterisation and focus on skin colour to prove that they are quite wrong on this being an issue about race. It is not. Contrary to what people like Dershowitz and Schaeffer claim, gun control is quintessentially racist. It is not those that support the Second Amendment with the racist biases.

I have a video of an interview of Mr McDonald on my blog. You will, likewise, note that I called him first that what he is: A PATRIOT.

Resist We Much on January 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

MarshFox on January 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Thank you Marshfox!! I am sure I am in for a delightful read!!

Scrumpy on January 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM

PercyB on January 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Good to see you!! I love your poems!! You must visit more often :-)

Scrumpy on January 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM

TxAnn56 on January 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Thanks!

One of the more infuriating elements of this entire debate is the abject ignorance about guns on the Left. Most of them have never even fired one. They use silly terms like “assault weapon.” A knife, iron frying pan, cricket bat and a pair of hands can be “assault weapons.”

Try this on them:

Which one of these two guns was banned under the original AWB a/k/a The Prohibition On Certain Guns With Cosmetic Changes That Make Them Look Skeery And Are Painted Skeery (And Racist!) Black Act of 1994?

Resist We Much on January 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM

PercyB on January 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Sad, but true. Ashes and Sackcloth are needed. That’s what the Religious Leaders need to preach.

bluefox on January 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM

MarshFox on January 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Thank you, kind sir. Give my regards to Mrs MarshFox (not her real name).

:-)

Resist We Much on January 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM

This weekend I’m leaving my husband (and the state) with my toddler and my unborn baby…and all the guns. He doesn’t know that last part yet. Anybody else have big weekend plans?

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Just some football….

KCB on January 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Resist We Much on January 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I most certainly will, she just went to sleep a bit ago, or so she texted me. She doesn’t sleep all that well when I am not at home. Of course of the last nine years I have been gone six, so you can see how this has worn on her. She likes your spitfire attitude btw, you two have much in common personality wise, she likes the way you smack down trolls:)

MarshFox on January 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Scrumpy on January 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Not sure what your looking for but she has two lines, soft naughty, and hard naughty, both are great, and yes I am bragging, but she is a really great story teller so don’t think your getting all naughty and no plot because that is the the actual opposite of why she writes in that genre.

MarshFox on January 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM

PercyB on January 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Good one. ; )

Bmore on January 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I always am on the look out for new authors, saucy or not!! the quality is what counts not the quantity… :-)

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

WHAT!!!!??

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I am also gobsmacked!!

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Trying to make light of the end of my marriage and the break-up of my family, but make no mistake, it really really sucks.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

It’s okay Cleo,, she’s leaving the TV remote.

wolly4321 on January 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

nope, I thought I’d sleep in because its cold here. Good luck, best wishes. HA never ceases to amaze. Not making light just surprised.

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Oh my dear. This is bad news. No way to save it, huh?

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I am sorry it’s breaking up, but for your sake and the safety of your kids, you know the choices you are making, and for the reasons. God Bless you and I sincerely wish you well!!!

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I apologize,,, I thought you were joking.

wolly4321 on January 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I’m afraid not. He has addiction and depression issues and I need to get away.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

It’s okay Cleo,, she’s leaving the TV remote.

wolly4321 on January 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

So wrong ;)

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I apologize,,, I thought you were joking.

wolly4321 on January 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Me too. sorry.

KCB on January 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Thanks all- fear not, I have a good family support system and I can still login in to HA!

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Thank you, kind sir. Give my regards to Mrs MarshFox (not her real name).

:-)

Resist We Much on January 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM

MarshFox on January 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Realmantica

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Then God Speed!! And good Luck my dear… (hugs)

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I’m afraid not. He has addiction and depression issues and I need to get away.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Well, sounds like you know what you’re doing. Good idea about the guns.

Wolly, a good joke might not be a bad thing right about now.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I take zero offense at the jokes. I’m well aware of the late night QOTD tone, and I love it.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

You have my sympathies and prayers, jackalope. I was just caught by surprise. Never like to hear about marriages breaking up. But I understand.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Schadenfreude on January 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Very true sir. When I read the quote from fast eddie I thought “we’ll see who is galvanized fkr.” Be like a reaction of hydrochloric, sulfuric and nitric acid—nice. I just don’t think that is the same as galvanization though.

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

…good luck…strength…and prayers for you!
…you have friends here…

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM

a good joke might not be a bad thing right about now.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

…where’s Sparky ?…shaving his back and buttocks again?

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Protect your kids, yourself, and make sure he doesn’t know where the guns will be. However, he can get others. Be very careful and cautious. Not to take anything for granted, and good luck.

Hopefully he’ll get help and will not hurt you and the kids.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

One other thing. I noticed you today on another thread. With all you have going I’m glad you still have strength and sense of humour. We need you in the HA brigade.

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Gotta look good for QOTD! Wait, you didn’t??

KCB on January 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

You got it:) It started with military romance, obvious reasons, but she wanted them to be gritty and real, but to always have a happy ending, honestly, I get engrossed when I read them because of the story, I get called in on technical questions as well. Unfortunately when you are the husband of an author or at least in my case, I only get to read a chapter at a time sometimes just a few pages, I rarely get a read through on the finished product. I am honored to have such a wonderful wife though, she is truly exceptional!

MarshFox on January 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM

…where’s Sparky ?…shaving his back and buttocks again?

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM

lol, his nuts. He has to be careful, they take awhile and he doesn’t want to hurt the little fellas.

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I got a jackalope for Christmas one year. The battery operated wall mounted one from cabelas with the motion sensor.

wolly4321 on January 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Jackalope

I knew a young Lady like you once, she too had grit and determination as you do, I wish you luck, and safety, and I will pray that you and the children stay protected! Oh, that young lady, she turned out just fine as I am sure you will. When things are better for you I will tell you her story:)For now it should be all about you and the kids:)

MarshFox on January 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM

You’re right about that. The circumstances are really not in my favor. But you are very kind and I appreciate that. I was told by my doc that I might consider abortion, but that’s off the table. Strength in the Lord.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Yeah, it’s gotta be tuff, and I’m sure you’re more concerned about the children than anything so I’m thinking you’re doing what’s best in the circumstances. Takes strength.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

And I really didn’t mean to hijack the thread. We can get back to guns now.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

You Palin-worshiping, Mitt-bashing shut-ins don’t represent conservatives nor anyone else but your own sad selves.

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

a good joke might not be a bad thing right about now.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

…nah!…I have missing hormones or something!…had ‘one’ hair by my navel once… years ago…then one day IT JUST DISSAPPEARED!…I tried to put out an APB for it…I was crushed!

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

You in big twubble now boy. Just give me a few minutes.

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Strength in the Lord.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Now you’re talkin’

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Anti-Cotrol it possessed by bluegill.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

…drinking cheap booze are yah?

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I am wise to you now lol ;-)

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I hate when that happens.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Jackalope, ignore Anti-Contol. Is just mimicking bluegill.

You take good care and be very careful and strong. Also, don’t worry about the thread, or anyone/anything else, just you and the kids, and your safety and well-being.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Anti-Control is the joke we’ve been waiting for.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM

The singing bass is pretty cool, too.

wolly4321 on January 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM

;-) Hi Scrumpy

KCB on January 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM

And I really didn’t mean to hijack the thread.

Jackalope on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Um….I thought that was the POINT of QOTD.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Hi Ken!!

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM

You in big twubble now boy. Just give me a few minutes.

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Your name always pops up in these comment threads, but you never add anything to the discussion beyond cheap little insults and bandwagon-jumping pile-ons against whomever isn’t going along with the Mitt-bashing or the embarrassing Palin worship.

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Why can’t everyone just get along ?: (

listens2glenn on January 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I hate when that happens.

Cleombrotus on January 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM

…Ha!…I didn’t look or preview that the old ‘paste’ was there again!…I was talking to my kid and not paying attention (:->)

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM

My sympathies go out to all of you, Jackalope.

But earlier…

#1 TROJAN HORSE TO WATCH FOR

Glenn Jericho on January 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I suspect a hundred million guns might cease to exist. I know my “hypothetical” guns would. That would include the new “hypothetical” Ruger LCR .38 special I may have purchased for my wife today. May it protect our family.

God bless the USA.

freedomfirst on January 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I go crazy…

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Anti-Cotrol it possessed by bluegill.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Anti-Cotrol? What, are you going to “great” me for an encore, and remind me of the fetching bluegill, my most beloved lass? :)

Some of you need to realize that this comment section is not your personal chat room. Many, many people come to this site to read about politics, and enjoy reading comments related to the articles. Some of you regulars feel the need to great each other, say g’night, share personal stories and generally behave as if you are in some kind of chat room. I’m sure most people dont care to have to scroll through all your inconsiderate chit chat. It is getting old, and you guys really need to stop and be more respectful of others who read this site. This comment section is not your personal chit chat hotline.

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Blues In My Heart – Chick Webb (1931)

thatsafactjack on January 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Sorry, s/b Anti-Control :)

p.s. she sure grates.

———
Hi Jackie

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Tuesday Afternoon :-)

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM

You really s/b Out-of-Control :)

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Crazy

KCB on January 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Hello Miss Jackie!

KCB on January 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Flapper Girls 1920′s

thatsafactjack on January 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I am wise to you now lol ;-)

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Nothing gets by the clever (and adorable) Scrumpy, does it? =P

I go crazy…

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Paul Davis – “I Go Crazy”

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

KCB on January 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Good evening, Ken! So pleasant to see you this evening. :)

thatsafactjack on January 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I go crazy…

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Nice one. I thought you linked this one.

freedomfirst on January 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Good evening, Schadenfreude! Always a great pleasure to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on January 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Correct on all counts. I’m a cheap slut and like to get a free kick in on whoever is at the bottom of the pile. My wife thinks I’m a pig. And I do have a bunch of saved Palin pics along with my other “favorites.”

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Hello and good evening Jackie!!

Ride my See-Saw…

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Oh but you did ;-)

My mind is winding down this time of night (my excuse)!!!

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

You were quicker on the draw!

freedomfirst on January 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

LOL!

This has probably already been posted, and, frankly I’m too drunk to check, but this is hilarious:

We seriously have a mental invalid as VP.

WhatSlushfund on January 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Paul Davis – “I Go Crazy”

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

That song always cheers me up.

seriously, very nice.

arnold ziffel on January 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Moonlight Bay – Leon Redbone

thatsafactjack on January 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Scrumpy on January 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Good evening, Scrumpy! Lovely to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on January 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM

…drinking cheap booze are yah?

KOOLAID2 on January 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

No – it’s very, very, very expensive booze! :D

“Little Ole Wine Drinker Me”

If this is how you find joy in life, then I feel a little bad for you. Maybe you should get out once in awhile. You know, hoping for an opportunity to scream “[I told you so]” on an internet message board is no way to live one’s life.

Anti-Control on January 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM