Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on January 10, 2013 by Allahpundit

Dear President Obama:

I am writing to you today as a strong supporter of women’s rights. We cannot advance justice for women in the United States and around the globe without women’s leadership at all levels of government.

I am concerned that the current trend in your cabinet appointments has excluded women and people of color. Women, especially women of color, are being disproportionately affected by current debates over the federal budget, education policy and access to health care, and their perspective needs to be represented among your top advisers. There is no doubt that qualified women exist for each and every position you will be called to fill, so there is no excuse to consign the vast majority of decision-making power and authority to men.

***

President Barack Obama suffers from Groucho Marx syndrome: He favors those in the club he doesn’t belong to. Otherwise how to explain why he is fighting for Chuck Hagel to be secretary of defense but didn’t for Susan Rice to be secretary of state?

At the rate he is going, Obama is going to have a Cabinet that looks more like the Augusta National Golf Club than America. The four top Cabinet posts will probably go to white men: John Kerry at State; Jack Lew at Treasury; Hagel; and the replacement for Attorney General Eric Holder at Justice — the short list of which consists of, you guessed it, men.

Obama to Mitt Romney: Could you please send me your binders full of women?

***

Obama promised women “contraceptives and free abortions” to get their votes, but “never promised women would have seats of significance at the table of power,” Huckabee said.

“You remember back during the Democratic [National] Convention, how he accused the Republicans of waging a war on women? And a lot of women must have believed it because he got 55 percent of the female vote, Mitt Romney 44 percent,” he said.

“Give ’em contraceptives and abortions. But don’t worry about positions of authority. They shouldn’t be asking for such things,” the former presidential candidate said.

***

Last summer, National Journal surveyed 717 women professionals in the beltway, and their answers make it clear: Women feel there are more opportunities for men in this town. Here are the highlights:

73 percent of the women said that men have more opportunities to get ahead than women do.

Half said they had personally experienced discrimination at work because of gender.

60 percent said it is harder for women to rise to positions of leadership…

The number of women and men employed on Capitol Hill is roughly equal, but more than twice as many chiefs of staff are men. The disparity is even starker among Republican members, who employ more than four times as many men than women in their top staff spots. In offices headed by Democrats, the number of male and female chiefs of staff is almost equal in the House, while men still outnumber women 2-to-1 in the Senate.

***

There is an insatiable desire, in the hearts of Republicans, to shame Democrats when they give big jobs to white dudes. It happened when Obama chose Joe Biden for vice president. It happened on January 3, when the Washington Free Beacon became one of the first sites to publicize that “Obama and dudes” photo — five days before the New York Times story (by much-missed former Slatester Annie Lowrey). On Twitter, conservatives have groused about the “hypocrisy” of Democrats, who made fun of Mitt Romney’s claim that he had “binders full of women” when he needed to make hires…

It’s just a huge distraction. The reason “binders full of women” sounded risible was that Romney was asked this question: “In what new ways to you intend to rectify the inequalities in the workplace, specifically regarding females making only 72 percent of what their male counterparts earn?” He dodged the policy question and reminded moderator Candy Crowley that he’d personally tried to hire some women. Previously, Romney’s campaign had tried to deflect questions about contraceptive coverage and pay equity by asking everyone to get very angry at Hilary Rosen, who said that Ann Romney had “never worked a day in her life.” Tokenism and personalization have very, very little to do with the policies that make the average woman more likely to avoid unwanted pregnancy or keep her job when she decides to have a baby and needs maternity leave. Democrats made this point when they voted for male Violence Against Women co-sponsor Joe Biden instead of noted female politician Sarah Palin. And the utter lack of attention now paid to the VAWA holdup in Congress (no stories about it in the Washington Post’s print edition) is a sister to the concern trolling.

***

Another reason why this is particularly ridiculous is that on the whole, Obama’s Cabinet is actually fairly diverse. We have two Asian Cabinet members: Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki. Attorney General Eric Holder, an African-American, is staying on for Obama’s second term. Also staying on are Kathleen Sebelius at Health and Human Services and Janet Napolitano at Homeland Security. Do these people not count? And in spite of the fact that Holder, Shinseki, and Chu are not white men, does the fact alone that they are men make them not count?

There is, of course, one more reason why this whole thing is completely ridiculous. Obama still has Commerce and Labor secretaries to appoint. Commerce has had an acting head since last year, and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis stepped down this week. Obama hasn’t announced their replacements yet, so maybe we all should reserve judgment on the makeup of Obama’s second-term Cabinet when it’s finalized.

***

I can’t believe that Mike Huckabee and Elaine Chao (Bush’s former labor secretary) have reportedly taken President Obama to task for not having a “diverse” enough set of Cabinet appointments for his second term.

You can call him a hypocrite for insisting on selecting the best-qualified applicants while his Justice Department is telling the Supreme Court that it’s not a good idea for universities to do so, but hypocrisy is, after all, the tribute that vice pays to virtue. And Obama is, for once, being virtuous in insisting on hiring the best-qualified candidates, regardless of race, ethnicity, or sex (they are not the people I’d choose, but that’s a different story).

***

Diversity as a numbers game is arguably necessary but surely insufficient. You can add up the numbers of African-Americans and women and gays and say “This looks right. This is just,” but surely there are other ways to define identity…

There’s always going to be something lacking. The larger question for a president is whether there’s a diversity of ideas and experiences as well as races and genders. Hiring more Ivy Leaguers who vacation on Martha’s Vineyard — whether they take a house in African-American-rich Oak Bluffs, like Valerie Jarrett, or own in whiter up-sland like Steve Rattner — isn’t really widening your horizon that much. Leaving aside whether or not the president should have fought for Susan Rice, is her background (National Cathedral School, Stanford, Rhodes scholar) so much more diverse than that of John Kerry (St. Paul’s, Yale, Boston College)?…

[I[f we can’t see past the most obvious categories of diversity — race, gender, sexual orientation — then we’re missing a lot. It’s not how we’d want to be viewed, and its too simplistic a way of looking at the Cabinet.

***

This is the media’s idea of “holding Obama accountable.” In other words, in the media’s fevered, left-wing mind, hitting Obama for not playing the identity politics game is the media’s idea of holding his feet to the fire — you know, because he wasn’t liberal enough…

It’s all theatre. Through this growing, coordinated criticism, the media is deliberately pushing the idea that identity politics is a virtue above and beyond one’s qualifications. And that’s their only opposition to these nominees: gender and skin color (remember when such a thing was called “discrimination?”). And yet, the media refuses to oppose the likes of a Chuck Hagel over his record and statements surrounding Israel and Iran. Good heavens, the media can’t even bring itself to criticize Hagel for his opposition to abortion in cases of rape and incest — something any other Republican would be vilified for.

***

“I can tell you, from working in Democratic politics, and having worked in the Clinton White House and so on, that this is something that Democratic women will complain about behind the scenes. If you look at pictures of President Bush, Condoleezza Rice is always by his side. You look at a picture after 9/11, it has Karen Hughes, Mary Matalin, Condoleezza Rice in the picture. Bill Clinton’s inner circle were all men, pretty much mostly white men. And I think the issue is that if you’re going to go out and claim that you are the party of women, I mean give me a break. There is no women? It’s ridiculous.”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Wow. Schad proposed to RWM? They would make a great couple.

SparkPlug on January 11, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Pffft – that’s nothing. I proposed to the #1 prize, bluegill, and she said, “Yes”, but only on the condition that I help her police this joint, which is why I have been trying so hard to get all of you cliquey hipsters to stop your idle chit-chat and juvenile video-playing tonight.

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM

thatsafactjack on January 11, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Night Jackie

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM

That’s why I bring my Magic 8 Ball on Dates. Gives me a big edge when the topic turns to things I don’t know about which seems to happen a lot.

SparkPlug on January 11, 2013 at 3:06 AM

All I ever get, is the answer is uncertain, try again later LOL!

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I understand the frustration and the tension it causes all too well.

thatsafactjack on January 11, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Not really frustrated. My mellow is nearly harshless. About such things anyway. :)

“Just happy to be here.”

(Guy I worked for back in my yute laughed his ass off when I told him that; still have no idea why. I meant it. He repeated it for days. People. Sheesh.)

*** Somone spin something so I don’t find myself endlessly looping Gangnam Style and staring at the Hyuna bits like I’ve never seen them. Where’s Dire? ***

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I once told bluegill I bet everyone she knows in the real world hates her. I can’t picture her married, but Good Luck! Will she be mad at you, I wonder, when she finds out the chitting and chatting has been about her?

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon… all of you… and…

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

thatsafactjack on January 11, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Night Jackie.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Here is another Donnie Iris song that will be Obama’s new theme song:

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM

“Just happy to be here.”

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:11 AM

In my f’ed upedness at this time, may I spin this for, as friends don’t let friends do gangnam style! :)

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:11 AM

The engagement ended when she found out – like McKayla Maroney, she was not amused!

She couldn’t quit being a harpy, so I played her this song

The Slaves – “Shut Up”

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM

anti climate or whatever: I really do think you are very smart, so why would you hide behind an embicile like bluegill?

Adios: vaya con dios

Fred

it’s time

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM

She couldn’t quit being a harpy, so I played her this song

The Slaves – “Shut Up”

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:20 AM

That is too bad. If you had any annoying habits, she would have been the one to whip you into shape. You’d probably get a report every day on how you could improve. Opportunity lost.

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Yeah, that works.

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Yeah, that works too. :)

Listen. For what it’s worth, and it might not be much. I noticed I carry my dad in a different place. I miss him, and that can be hard. All the might have beens, that kind of thing. But it’s different. The “line” feels more like a line and less like poetry. The continuing bit — in a way more real than I thought was really possible, I feel like . . . we’re still going. Anyway, there’s no “sick feeling” in it, no ugliness. It doesn’t feel like a burden (anymore).

And the way I look at me boy is tempered by it. . .

Probably so much nonsense; I probably didn’t get that out properly. I apologize if it went sideways, and for the presumption. In person, I’d just hand you a beer or a slice of pizza or something and shut up. I’ll shut up anyway.

Anyway, heart goes out to you.

. . . now on with the tunes. :)

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:25 AM

LOL

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:35 AM

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM

The thing is, I am so smart, like the great bluegill herself, that I can see her true beauty in a way y’all snowbilly Palin cultists miss!

Why do you have to make HotAir host your nightly chat fests about random songs? You guys can take that elsewhere. You turn this place into a cliquey chat room, turning off a lot of readers in the process.

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:37 AM

LOL — still laughing at the missed opportunity to enjoy the love of a good woman.

Hey, that’s on topic!

Obama, too, is missing out. I mean, not counting his wife. She has a pretty robust bone structure and can probably provide discipline on multiple levels. But, in general, he’s missing out, what with the surrounding himself with too many men and not enough women.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Anyway, heart goes out to you.

. . . now on with the tunes. :)

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Thanks Axe, you always were a big softy :) and for your tune pleasure!

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:37 AM

May I suggest that you ply your trade on other threads, as QOTD is for the purpose that you stated above… as it is the end of the day, and by this point nobody feels the dramatic urge to continue the debates of topic. :)

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:37 AM

so i was right to begin with. you are bluegill in disguise. look chump QOTD has always been a release from the days bs a place where we can come and just be ourselves not progs not rinos not cons just people where we can just enjoy life without all the crap that you seem to promote.Tomorrow morning we’ll discuss the crap, tonite we’ll just be. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!

Fred: a proud cowboy from wy who will kick your ass if given the chance

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Heres a Tune,going back to 95′,called “BrainWashed Public”,
By ProgressivePunkBand,with Front Man Holder,on vocals!
(snark)

Flashback 1995: Eric Holder Launches Anti-Gun PR Blitz to Brainwash Public
****************

Published on May 22, 2012

Eric Holder’s skewed anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment ideology has been festering for years, not just raising its sickening head with Fast and Furious, as this 1995 video clip shows, where Holder put into motion a PR blitz to “brainwash” (his words) the public about “how carrying a gun is wrong” (again his words).

Obama refuses to fire Holder, so Congress should fire Holder (i.e., he should be impeached). After that, they can get around to firing (again impeaching) the Community-Organizer-in-Chief for his role in Fast and Furious (i.e., it is an open secret that everyone from Obama down, including Holder, Hillary Clinton, and Napalitano knew about Fast and Furious from Day One). We can’t wait until November, for with a President corrupt to the core, who knows what he is capable of, whether voter fraud, suspension of elections, collapsing of the economy, etc.

Produced by Obama Files http://web.me.com/kzvideo/OF/Obama_Files_Home.html
===========================

canopfor on January 11, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:37 AM

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM

lol — AC, you gonna do this all night?

Fred, U a cowboy from WY? I had no idea. Your comments belie any stereotype. I thought you were urbanite.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Hey, that’s on topic!

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Do I lose points for being on topic? All the songs I played were titled with women’s names, which is also on topic. (Except that last one, and the only part I think is on topic is where he tells her to stop all her bitchin’, get back in the kitchen.)

Also, I think you could safely count his wife.

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Only once a day? I wish I could have been so lucky during our engagement!

“Honey, you forgot to put the toilet paper under again.” “Sweetie, I told you to screw the toothpaste cap on 5 times around – any more than that is too tight for me to be able to unscrew w/o assistance of some sort.” “Darling, that snowbilly Palin is on Fox again – will you change the channel for me? She makes me sick as she and her cliquey little cultists ruin the GOP brand!”

I [am] sick and tired of seeing the “Quote of the Day” threads taken over by rude, cliquey regulars who, thinking they own the place, force HotAir to host their little nightly music video chat fests that have absolutely nothing to do with politics.

I would rather have more people like her [Joana] commenting than a bunch of cliquey posters chit chatting about off topic subjects all the time.

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Flashback: Unserious People

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Wow, someone shat in somebodies granola flakes this morning.

If you can’t find levity in life, your government, or that which goes about your day. You will find the world a very upsetting place. With that being said, most everyone here is less than pleased with the way that our government, and political class are taking this country., but short of armed revolution (not that this is a bad idea) the odds on anything changing in the next 2, yea 4 years is probably not going to make much of a difference. The class mongers have made their choice and will now have to live with it, so you may either enjoy (or not) the wild ride that we will be subjected to, or enjoy life and make of it what you will. As the old saying goes; “You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but after an election, you can’t pick your government.”

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM

so who’s holding a gun to your brain dead head? just go away!

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Dear President Obama:

Answer:

Honey,

Thank you for writing me using a NOW prepared “letter.”

As you may not have noticed, my entire economic team has run away from me recently faster than rats on crack being shaken from a burlap sack, and all my previous appointments have worked about as well as the average American Thanksgiving dinner. To put it succinctly, I need butts in the seats to continue to govern.

Try not to be an hysterical, completely irrational cliche, and try not to let our hype about diversity cloud your judgement. As you would know if you were man with reasoning skills, we say that “diversity” thing in public, but when it’s “go time,” actually using that calculus would be national suicide.

Hoping you are pretty and marry well,

Barry

Office of Hypocrisy & Revenue
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest,
Washington, DC 20500
(202) 456-1111

PS: *call me*

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM

to go with my last post, and just for you AC.

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:18 AM

so i was right to begin with. you are bluegill in disguise.

No, you are wrong – she is my soulmate, however! :)

Fred: a proud cowboy from wy who will kick your ass if given the chance

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I Wanna Be a Cowboy [and you can be my cowgirl]

lol — AC, you gonna do this all night?

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM

I dunno – how long does the night last? :)

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Yep

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM

I dunno – how long does the night last? :)

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Good question, I suppose as long as you want it to, especially if you have the blue pill. Though if it last longer than 4 hours you should probably call your doctor. :)

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I give! you are a worthy opponent, however an internet battle is not nearly equivalent to a real one. If you are so inclined let me know now, otherwise this is getting tiresome and it is way past my bedtime. Oh, by the way: if you are female I beg forgiveness, but if you are of the male persuasion would you like my current location?

Fred and yes axe i really am from wy

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:34 AM

to go with my last post, and just for you AC.

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Just for you, u.s.!

Here is another Donnie Iris song that will be Obama’s new theme song:

Night Owl on January 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Do You Compute

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Do You Compute

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Why, yes, yes I do

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Yep

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Adjusting mental picture. :) Pointless, but in the spirit of accuracy.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Fred and yes axe i really am from wy

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:34 AM

I’m Not That Kind Of Boy

I was selling flowers by the side of the road
And you came to the flower stand
I was telling you about pansies and roses
But you tried to grab my hand

I’m flattered, but it’s my choice
Sorry, I’m not that kind of boy
You may see a heart as a toy
Sorry, I’m not that kind of boy

You think love is a game, whatever you wish
But for me it’s years till that magical first kiss
I’ll wait until my heart’s on cloud nine
Your lust-filled existence is far out of line

I’m flattered, but it’s my choice
Sorry, I’m not that kind of boy
You may see a heart as a toy
Sorry, I’m not that kind of boy

You dared to ask me for a date alone
I was shocked you didn’t want a chaperone
You were attractive, but way too fast
How could you expect this to ever last?

I’m flattered, but it’s my choice
Sorry, I’m not that kind of boy
You may see a heart as a toy
Sorry, I’m not that kind of boy

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Re-spamming: Off topic on topic.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:43 AM

rotflmao

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:41 AM

this might also be of some use. :)

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM

adios: vaya con dios again

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:50 AM

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Night

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Re-spamming: Off topic on topic.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:43 AM

I actually think that one person [Axe] ought to be banned. He has posted off-topic, disruptive comments far too many times in efforts to provoke the other readers here. The back and forth that follows is the expected partisan argument, and that’s where I think it’s important to put the provocateur in his place.

I was actually speaking of the clay troll Axe.

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:52 AM

this might also be of some use. :)

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Pretty In Pink

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:56 AM

rotflmao

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM

That’s how I feel about it. :) I love that thing.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Fred

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Night Fred.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 4:57 AM

I was actually speaking of the clay troll Axe.

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:52 AM

The Eve of St. Agnes is Awesome

And . . .

I think we should stop wasting time and study Japanese

And . . .

Re-spamming: Neurons in Debt/A musical poem by the nonetheless heterosexual poet Axefellow

– Because the national debt is about to be 17 trillion and the poem will be out-dated. :(

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Pretty In Pink

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 4:56 AM

That’s funny, I was just http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDFmRETqKTs, but to end the evening I will part with this. Have a wonderful rest of the evening, morning, night or what ever.

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM

The Eve of St. Agnes is Awesome

And . . .

I think we should stop wasting time and study Japanese

And . . .

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Looking at trends, we’re screwed! But, as a Christian, you know we shouldn’t worry unduly about the future! :)

Graham Parker – “Discovering Japan”

Graham Parker – “Don’t Get Excited”

Graham Parker – “Waiting For The UFOs”

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 5:09 AM

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Ah. OMD, If you Leave. *sigh* Her name is Angie and every letter she ever sent me still smells like perfume. She had a great butt — but then, I’m a romantic.

Night uncommon sense.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Graham Parker – “Waiting For The UFOs”

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 5:09 AM

You-Foes. :) That was new.

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 5:16 AM

uncommon sense on January 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Thanks (almost bedtime) – likewise! :)

Anti-Control on January 11, 2013 at 5:19 AM

*** Going away for a while. Someone look after Resist. She seems invincible, but she’s not — she has a gooey center. Anyone asks, tell them “Jail,” or something equally interesting, please. :) See you guys . . . on the other side. Be a little while. ***

*super poof*

Axe on January 11, 2013 at 5:29 AM

smackdown on morning joe….

lolololol

priceless

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 5:55 AM

joe not on set today….will it become the mika show????

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:02 AM

my bad…joe just showed up….

so we are supposed to listen to mark mckinnon about gun control…we will be the stupid party if we don’t go with what dear laeder wants

PUHLEEZE

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:07 AM

joe on his high horse on gun control once again…the gop are idiots if they don’t back universal background checks…the gop is doomed…
the nra are scaring you by saying the gov’t will take your guns away….
what an idiot

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:20 AM

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:07 AM

mark mckinnon? kinda tough to make a case for gun control when your wearing a scarf.

renalin on January 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM

renalin on January 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM

heh

morning :)

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM

O/T: I’m sorry you broke your arm. Here’s a Flintstones Vitamin. And, Grandma, we’re ready to escort you to your ice floe.:)
My take.

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

heh

cuda was right…

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:41 AM

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Yes, ma’am, she wws. But, you’ll never hear that from the Obama sychopants and the Vichy Republicans.

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM

tru dat kj…

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Gosh, I didn’t know that the constitution established “representation” by every possible special interest group, based upon every criterion imaginable. Sea worm diggers of Maine need representation
Until we take a strong stand against two things; a. the Political Correctness weapon, and b. the left’s successful planned division of Americans into opposing enemy groups, (as Hitler used the Jews) the left will continue to divide and conquer us. Next to God, guns, and truth, our unity is what they fear most.

Don L on January 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM

lol…they voted with their lady-parts?

Tim_CA on January 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Did they just swap barefoot and pregnant, for high-heeled and barren?

Don L on January 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM

cmsinaz on January 11, 2013 at 6:41 AM

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM

great read:)

renalin on January 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Nice hat tip to the Palinator. Now, I want to see the movie The Savage Innocents again. My mom would cry when grandma was put on the ice.

Fallon on January 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Fallon on January 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM
renalin on January 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Thank you!

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Nice job. And Good Morning.

KCB on January 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

KCB on January 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Good morning! And, thank you!

kingsjester on January 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM

jrsrigmvr on January 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM

ROTFLMAO…Sorry Fred, you have been Bishop’ed and but good… ;p

SWalker on January 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Well, I guess Anti got me too, cuz I fell for his schtick hook line and sinker!

Sitting here telling myself to ‘lighten’ up!!

(Think meds have messed with my cognitive skills)…

Anyhoo!! Now that I got ya Anti… lol…

You are pretty cool… :-)