So Chris Christie is really going big on this bipartisanship thing, huh?

posted at 1:21 pm on January 9, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

And it’s apparently working like a charm. New Jersey is really loving the “I’m so moderate and above-the-fray, I’m perfectly willing to excoriate my own party and I simply adore compromise” tack, with the added bonus that the media cannot seem to get enough of the Republican-on-Republican crime and is helping Christie to expand his national profile by plastering his face everywhere. He really piled the bipartisanship on thickly in his State of the State address on Tuesday:

Speaking to a standing-room-only crowd packed into the New Jersey State House, Christie called on Congress to pass immediately a multibillion-dollar package of emergency aid in the aftermath of super storm Sandy — legislation that has been tied up in Washington. …

A Farleigh Dickinson University poll released Monday showed him with a 73 percent overall approval rating among registered New Jersey voters. And in a particularly encouraging sign for his re-election prospects, 62 percent of Democrats approved of the job Christie is doing in this deep-blue state. …

“See, some things are above politics,” he said to sustained applause. “Sandy was and is one of those things.”…

“Let’s put aside destructive politics in an election year,” he said. “Let’s put aside accusations and false charges for purely political advantage. Let’s work together to honor the memories of those lost in Sandy. Let’s put the needs of our most victimized citizens ahead of the partisan politics of the day. …

Call me cynical, but whenever anybody feels the needs to specifically reiterate how very truly and sincerely something is absolutely not in any way political, I say that’s usually a pretty great indicator of exactly how political it really is. Methinks thou doth protest too much, and this “could Christie be the rescuer the GOP really needs?” question is conveniently gaining a lot of steam.

He is just everywhere lately, and it certainly isn’t merely because of the continual coping with Sandy’s aftermath:

So, of course, the question is: Wily and savvy political planning in filling the “moderate, aisle-reaching, bold leader” role for which a lot of the country is clamoring in reaction to our gridlocked federal government, or is he walking down a path that will burn bridges with bona fide fiscal conservatives as well as alienating establishment types just a little too enthusiastically?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Sigh…… another one kills any chance of higher office.

ultracon on January 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

No, he’s just going big. And every body loves it until it’s time to vote. It was a running gag in the 90s up to 2008, that lefys would tell you that they had a lot of respect for McCain & they would vote for him if the gop ran him. lol!

Blake on January 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I’m beginning to hate RINOs more than democrats.

At least they’re honest about wanting a one party fascist state, RINOs want to just pretend we have two partys.

Rebar on January 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Christ Christie is aiming to survive politically.

He knows the gop is dead and he must be a more obvious get a long with the Democrats (the winners in our political environment).

And as a bonus, he’ll probably go ahead and switch parties and grab guns.

WINNER.

PappyD61 on January 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Firstly, it’s quite big.

Schadenfreude on January 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

C-YA, Christie Creme!

Resist We Much on January 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Is it wrong that I pray for his heart attack?

Mr. Arrogant on January 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I would say that I wouldn’t trust Christie as far as I could throw him, but I wouldn’t even attempt to even pick that fat ass up, much less throw him.

Mark1971 on January 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I like Christie, I think he’s exactly the type of sensible no-nonsense politician that the republican party needs to embrace. He’s the only viable candidate on the republican side for 2016 imo.

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Great. Another RINO who can’t possibly win steps up to the plate.

HopeHeFails on January 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Well…when all he does is kiss Obama’s a$$ then spend his time attacking Republicans for fighting against wasteful government spending (like the billions of it in the Sandy Bill)…
……..I’m going to guess he is burning some bridges with the base.

If Christie thinks the democrats won’t do everything they can to tear him apart in a Presidential election…..he’s a dam# fool.

Baxter Greene on January 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

He’ll get it dialed in. He’s smart enough to know that the D’s now supporting him won’t translate into many D’s actually voting for him.

MarkT on January 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

He’s the only viable candidate on the republican side for 2016 imo.

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

good sarc doesn’t need a tag.

renalin on January 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Oh I definitely agree. He just has mass appeal.

arnold ziffel on January 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Christie Two Thousand NEVER!

nazarioj001 on January 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Well first of all he’s trying to win reelection as governor in a very blue state. So the GOP-bashing and moderate posturing makes sense from that standpoint.

As far as 2016 is concerned, CRISTie ain’t a dumb guy. I think he knows that hailing from the northeast was already gonna be an issue with the conservative primary voters(especially in the wake of fellow Northeasterner Romney losing a very winnable Presidential race). And he did his brand potentially fatal damage with the Obama public lovefest the last week before the election. So if he’s going to run for President, he really only has one play to make. And that’s the Jon Huntsman route as an anti-Republican, anti-conservative, anti-ideological candidate. It’s a surefire loser IMO, but at least the odds are slightly more favorable than if he suddenly tried to pass himself off as anti-Obama, anti-Democrat, and pro-conservative the moment the primary season begins.

Doughboy on January 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM

He is the surest way to guarantee a Hillary Clinton Presidency

lm10001 on January 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Al Gore,,300% to fat.

Chris Christie ,,400% to fat.

Now put them together:

New invesment idea for them.

“Big Chairs For Big People.com”

go public with a Fat Man IPO

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

We tried to warn you about the RINOs. But no you called us kooks. We were right.

Look at Arlen Spectre, Crist and Christie for example, or even McCain.

SparkPlug on January 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

The bigger they come the harder they fall. Let’s brace ourselves accordingly cause it will register on the Reichter scale.

It will be epic for him to experience the John McCain treatment from the press.

DanMan on January 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

So Chris Christie is really going big on this bipartisanship thing, huh?

Alternate headline: Big Man Sniffing Presidential Ambitions

tom on January 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

As a part-time New Jersey resident, long time giver and Christie partisan last time he ran I think this BS cannot be taken at all seriously.

He’s running for re-election in a state where evil Democrats are legion; he was talking to a Democrat audience; and–most importantly– he’s about to engage in either a monster battle ot end all battles over the state’s enormous pension liabilities or work with senior Democrats to hide the problem for four more years. Either way, he needs big approval numbers to intimidate anyone who is thinking about coming against him.

In this instance I advise you pay no attention to the elephant in the room. He’s full of BS, the GOP needs to ignore whatever he says as driven purely by parochial New Jersey concerns and he’s in no sense a viable national politician.

MTF on January 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I’d be yelling at Lautenberg, Menendez, Schumer and Gillibrand for allowing all that pork in there in the first place, jeopardizing its immediate sailing through the House and then not sticking around, just in case there were problems. The Arrogant SOB’s in the Senate are a major part of the problem.

Secondly, Boehner deserves the grief he’s getting. Just imagine, for the sake of conversation, he’d taken up the disaster bill first, pulled out the things he had objections to, and sent it back to the Senate (which wasn’t there because they’re so arrogant). Instead, this moron makes Republicans, the House, and himself look uncaring and arrogant. Oh well, we get the government we vote for and his colleagues kept him in the Speakership. Ah, if we only had someone creative up there.

bflat879 on January 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Nothing is above politics when it comes to politicians.

RadClown on January 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Christie add for Pres.

“Not all commies are bad” vote RINO.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Posting from the Onion?

tom on January 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

he’s in no sense a viable national politician.

MTF on January 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Never was.

Happy Nomad on January 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yup, he’s gearing up for 2016….

Duncan Hines has signed on as a “Mega” Donor already…

ToddPA on January 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

And as a bonus, he’ll probably go ahead and switch parties and grab guns.

PappyD61 on January 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

As the gubernatorial campaign commenced in June last year, Michael Symons of the Asbury Park Press reported that:

Chris Christie supports the assault weapons ban and all current gun laws. He opposes attempts to permit conceal and carry laws in New Jersey – hardly the NRA position.

The link is a great comprehensive assessment of the RINO Democrat that is Chris Christie.

TxAnn56 on January 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Christie to deliver GOP convention keynote speech

If you were expecting a convention where Republicans just sang kumbayah and hoped Americans liked them for the passivity, think again. The Republican organizers have tapped Chris Christie to set the tone for the convention…

Conventions usually like to emphasize continuity from grand traditions in both parties. It’s telling that the Republican convention organizers are assigning key roles to people who represent the future rather than the past.

posted at 8:41 am on August 14, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

sauldalinsky on January 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I think he’s good for the Republicans. He wouldn’t be a governor in the South, but we really need to make up some ground in the Northeast, and the true conservatives aren’t going to get elected there. You may not like it, but you have to play the game. The democrats did, and we got Obamacare, there’s no reason we can’t as well to advance our policy goals.

Is he my ideal pick for ’16? No, but I’d be a hell of a lot more enthusiastic about him than Romney. Would I rather see him in the White House over Biden or Hills? Yes.

Archades on January 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Watching Christie’s ascent, crash-and-burn, and now zombie-like existence is a classic study in power corrupting the soul.

Once an apparent breath of charismatic “fresh air” (though he was always a RINO) with some rarely-seen-anymore individual virtues, he’s quickly transformed himself into yet another mind-numbing, need-to-be-loved narcissistic, robotic, assimilated component of the Borg beehive pol collective mentality.

[In my best early Brando: "He coulda been somebody! ... He coulda been ... a contenda."]

ShainS on January 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Nothing is above politics when it comes to politicians.

RadClown on January 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Politicians are never above politics.

tom on January 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Alternate headline: Big Man Sniffing Presidential Ambitions

tom on January 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I don’t think Hillary would like that. And we all know what normally happens to people that get in the way of the Clintons.

Happy Nomad on January 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Dole, McCain, Romney and compassionate spendthrift W. Not voting for it again.

deepdiver on January 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Ann Coulter had a serious Ann crush on him a year ago. I wonder how she feels about him now.

antifederalist on January 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Newt won some states, which caused Mitt stress.
So Chris was sent to Meet the Press.
He made his bones, then met The Boss.
November came–his gain, our loss.

cbenoistd on January 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Poll: Chris Christie’s favorability rating hits an all-time high

According to the latest Rutgers-Eagleton poll out Tuesday, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s favorability rating has reached a new high, with a full 50 percent of registered New Jersey voters giving him the thumbs-up. It’s the best rating he’s had since taking office in 2010 — and I gotta’ say, it’s always refreshing when the realities of holding public office actually do something to improve a politician’s public standing.

posted at 4:06 pm on June 12, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

sauldalinsky on January 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Please someone make him go away.

gophergirl on January 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM

“A RINO moderate “maverick” Republican governor from a blue northeasternish state: now he is ELECTABLE. Make him the next GOP POTUS candidate right now.”

Bend over, because here it comes again.

MidniteRambler on January 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Chris Christie / Haley Barbour 2016! (sponsored by Dunkin Donuts)

Archivarix on January 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Christie might get NJ with this crap but he won’t get the country.

ctmom on January 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM

antifederalist on January 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I don’t see how the opinion of Bill Maher’s mattress pad should be of any importance.

Archivarix on January 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hmm – have to see if I can recall all the people who saw Christie as a potential POTUS candidate, how he was going to be our future how he was so honest and just told it like it was. Who’d thought he was just another self-serving politician? /s

katiejane on January 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

antifederalist on January 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I wonder why anyone gives a sh-t anymore what Coulter thinks.

Doughboy on January 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I wonder if his supporters on the left will give him money. Because despite non-stop e-mails from him , I am not giving him a penny. Let him go hug his friend President Obama, and ask him for money.

milcus on January 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Archivarix on January 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

LOL!! Honestly, I don’t think she believes half of the so called principles that she peddles. I think she is in this for the money.

antifederalist on January 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Who cares about Christ Christie and Guns and the Constitution.

What the crap is going on with American Idol and the whole Niki Minaj mess?

Go out to Yahoo and see what people really care about. Hint: It’s not about the Country and it’s future.

TEATERMERICA……………..Latch on 2013!

PappyD61 on January 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM

How’s NJ’s budget? Deficit? Surplus? That’s all I want to know. His political gymnastics aside, at the end of the day it’s all numbers.

So how are his financials?

beatcanvas on January 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

If we ignore it, perhaps it will go away.

Illinidiva on January 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Oh, and for the record, a minute after I typed that I was not giving Christie a penny, I get an e-mail asking for between 300 and 50k.

It’s a shame I cant reply, “go ask Obama,” and insert a picture of Chritie hugging Obama.

milcus on January 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

According to the lsm he’s all that plus a bag of chips

Why can’t all gop be like him
Puhleeze

cmsinaz on January 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

He’s working himself up to switching parties.

Doomberg on January 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

So how are his financials?

beatcanvas on January 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

He is amazingly good at pulling my state out of financial shithole a string of liberal loons left it in. It must be noted, however, that the additional funds Chris Christie squeezes out of feds far surpasses whatever savings his alleged fiscal conservatism may have yielded. The key to his success as a Governor is political flexibility, not business savvy.

Archivarix on January 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Oh I definitely agree. He just has mass appeal.

arnold ziffel on January 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Well, he has mass anyway.

stukinIL4now on January 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM

It’s a shame I cant reply, “go ask Obama,” and insert a picture of Christie hugging Obama.

milcus on January 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Last time I got a fund raising letter from Christie – somewhere after Christmas, I believe – I sent it back with a suggestion to perform an obscene, anatomically challenging act that Christie could only do if his physical flexibility matched his political one.

Archivarix on January 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

So Chris Christie is really going big on this bipartisanship thing, huh?

Why does Erica hate fat people?

/leftist spew mode

thuja on January 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Wait til election time friend. There is a fool born every minute.

tomas on January 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Oh I definitely agree. He just has mass appeal.

arnold ziffel on January 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

*applause*

Well played, sir, well played.

kim roy on January 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Archivarix on January 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I doubt she would be too comfortable. Hardwood floor would be better.

arnold ziffel on January 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

antifederalist on January 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I wonder why anyone gives a sh-t anymore what Coulter thinks.

Doughboy on January 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Three cheers for Romneycare!!

besser tot als rot on January 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Could we at least weigh putting Chris and Al Gore together?

They could storm the White House.

IlikedAUH2O on January 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

He’s the only viable candidate on the republican side for 2016 imo.

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

He’s about as viable as Romney was in 2012.

besser tot als rot on January 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

It will be epic for him to experience the John McCain treatment from the press.

DanMan on January 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Remember Gov, The Press loved John McCain too for all his mavericky maverickness.

Then he got nominated.

’nuff said.

WisRich on January 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Could we at least weigh putting Chris and Al Gore together?

They could storm the White House.

IlikedAUH2O on January 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

We could weigh waiting to add Frum for a mass attack.

besser tot als rot on January 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM

kim roy on January 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Thx kim. Are you still a Romneybot? ;) Those that called you that apparently don’t pay attention.

arnold ziffel on January 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Happy Nomad on January 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I’d pay serious money for video of Hillary dragging that around in Rock Creek Park.

trigon on January 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

He is the surest way to guarantee a Hillary Clinton Presidency
lm10001 on January 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Correct. The only way to get a conservative turnout would be a third party

It will be epic for him to experience the John McCain treatment from the press.
DanMan on January 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

He is already getting the love fest and he is dope enough to believe it. If the RINOs kiss his royal behind, he will go like McCain, although it is hard to believe he can make it through the primaries. McCain used a bunch of placeholder candidates to suck votes. Won’t work this time. Obama made his move on guns early.

They would have to pay the DEMs to rig the vote. DEMs might buy that.

Christie was tagged to open the last convention, which means RINOs want him up there. There is a saying ‘Cr@p floats’. Right now he is eating the Kool Aid

Not a lot of good things to talk about these days but it will be a pleasure to watch Big Boy morph – down

entagor on January 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

My only hope is that he goes away quietly after he loses in the primaries in 2016. However, my gut tells me he either is going to

(a) run as an indy or

(b) become a bitter media lap dog BURYING the GOP and its candidate like we’ve never seen before.

If he’s smart, he stays in freaking NJ where he is needed and welcome in one of the bluest of bluest states. Crushes the re-election and then takes out Menendez in 2018.

cdog0613 on January 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

One could spot this liberal a mile away by his self-aggrandizing posturing and bullying. It is after all, liberals that have perfected the game of controlling others with intimidation. Witness the White House….

Acid Anne Coulter owns him along with the failed Oromney–pride of the establishment country club circuit.

Don L on January 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Archivarix on January 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Lol. Lucky you that you dont get e-mails. I literally get around one a day.

I would have gladly given him money pre-Sandy. But to have screwed Romney over, and then to come back and ask me for money is unacceptable.

milcus on January 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Chris Christie is the defacto leader of the Vichy Right. The Jersey slimeball should go the way of all Vichy.

What a pathetic waste of flesh.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Three cheers for Romneycare!!

besser tot als rot on January 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter tore into Romney campaign spokesperson Andrea Saul on Wednesday night, urging the campaign to fire Saul after she touted the former governor’s health care overhaul in Massachusetts. Coulter is one of a number of conservatives who condemned Saul’s comments. Source: Livewire Talking Points memo

I have to give Ann props. At least she backed a candidate who seemed to speak his mind and attack. Maybe if we spliced and shoehorned him into where Mitt settled, some more debate points would have been made. At least he may have scared Candy the shill by charging her desk.

Come to think of it, the larger of us usually have an affinity for one another…she may have actually done her job and respected the idea of accurate information concerning of the administration’s handling of a siege which was the event of the deaths of four Americans…..nah…no.

IlikedAUH2O on January 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I guess having a strong fighter with the wrong values is okay but you might well ask 1930′s Germany how that worked out for them first.

Don L on January 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Charlie CRIST

Chris Christie…..

I see something here….

powerpickle on January 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Lesson from King Harold of Wessex.

If he dies and any nation or anyone get possession of his body, you’d better hope they have not studied history.

The next day Harold’s mother, Gytha, sent a message to William of Normandy offering him the weight of the king’s body in gold if he would allow her to bury it.

IlikedAUH2O on January 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

His 15 minutes are about up

J_Crater on January 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

The moral of the Chris Christie story is to never sell out to somebody when you can sell out to everybody.

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

nonpartisan on January 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

It truly would take the whole party to give Christie a proper embrace. Sort of like Hands Across America.

steebo77 on January 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Christie needs to just go ahead and switch parties

workingclass artist on January 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM

“Christie needs to just go ahead and switch parties”

So long as it’s not “independent”.

cdog0613 on January 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

This is exactly what drives me nuts about the bloated, self-important, grandstanding, calculating, RINO fat-@ss.

The msm is hawking the traitorous scum as the “Sane” republican. Conservatives want to punch him in his kfc-stuffed mouth.

Tim_CA on January 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Is it wrong that I pray for his heart attack?

Mr. Arrogant on January 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Shump on January 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

yep!

nathor on January 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I suspect Christie was trying to curry favor with the Republican base by trashing Boehner. Let us not forget that going into the final moments of the fiscal cliff negotiations, it looked not like Boehner was weak, ineffective, and unpopular, but also that he might be unseated in a conservative coup.

What Christie failed to note was that pulling the pork-laden Sandy relief bill was about the only thing Boehner has done in the last year that was popular with conservatives.

In other words, he shot from the misread public sentiment, shot from the hip, and made an ass out of himself.

Not the first time, not the last.

Christie is not ready for prime time. He is a decent governor, and about the best thing conservatives could hope for in a state like New Jersey. Christie might make it to senator if he is lucky, but I doubt he could even get through the vetting process to be President.

Mr. Arkadin on January 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Mr. Arkadin on January 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Yep. But “in the last two years” works even better.

Christie isn’t much of a thinker. He’s pretty bright for a democrat, though.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

PLease keep the fat statist in frickin’ NJ and don’t infect the country with this fat fool!

el Vaquero on January 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Just a passing thought… since Chubs has officially burned his bridges with conservatives. Wouldn’t he be the appropriate choice for the GOP while conservatives run our 3rd party? Let Chubs divide the GOP and Dem vote up.

Divide and conquer friends.

lucyvanpelt on January 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Let’s work together to honor the memories of those lost in Sandy

Why does that have to involve huge sums of federal dollars? Unless, of course, Christie’s just being a demagogue.

theperfecteconomist on January 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

fatboy should run in the democRAT primary if he wants to be prez

burserker on January 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Is it wrong that I pray for his heart attack?

Mr. Arrogant on January 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

What about severe angina?

ok, ok…

Acute Explosive Diarrhea?

Tim_CA on January 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Christie chief of staff Ronald McDonald said this is all part of the governor’s plans to supersize his ,er, self-aggrandizement appearances.

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

lol, good one. Innocent me just read that and thought “I bet he takes a lot of guff over that name” and then realized the joke.

arnold ziffel on January 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

arnold ziffel on January 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Worse yet, Chris Christie’s security chief Col. Sanders voiced worries about crowd control….

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

…. and did I mention that Captain Dees flies Chris Christie’s jet?

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I have a question for the people that found it perfectly acceptable for Republicans in the South and Flyover country to vote against replenishing the Flood Insurance for NJ/NY.

Why is it ok for the Evangelical “get the Government out of my Medicare” politicians to vote for money when hurricanes/flooding hit the South and Tornadoes hit the Midwest but when NJ/NY (you know the people that actually pay money to the Federal Government) need the help, the hypocritical politicians in the South and Midwest lie and claim they support “small government?”

NJ/NY gets killed on Federal taxes and barely see anything in return while the South pays next to nothing and gets to suck on the tit of the “big” government they allegedly hate.

The Evangelical South is a welfare state that bleeds the North East dry and but when it comes time to helping out the people that subsidize them they vote no because they are all about “small” government.

TEPJoePa on January 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM

It is always entertaining to see some in the blue North complaining about the red South then to watch the North scrambling to move to the South as fast as they can, in droves.

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

TEPJoePa on January 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Roseanna? Roseanna? Is that you?

No answer.

If it is not one thing…it is something else!

Anyway, are you that actress on SNl who used to say “Never mind.” right after she made a complete ass of herself?

IlikedAUH2O on January 9, 2013 at 4:33 PM

If the media is for him, run away very quickly. Sigh.

We cannot allow the media to pick another RINO for us to run. We must choose a conservative.

Theophile on January 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM

TEPJoePa on January 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Many Republicans voted against the first version of the bill and local pols are demigogueing

Please:

Historically, Congress has passed hurricane relief bills in the immediate aftermath of storm damage, but Sandy is a different story. Why? Congress wrote up Hurricane Sandy Relief legislation and then Harry Reid’s Senate loaded it with pork. What’s in it? Many things that hardly count as relief for victims.

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill “Sandy Scam.”

Get a subscription to Townhall Magazine. “pork Filled and Non relief Sandy Bill” Jan 5, 2012.

IlikedAUH2O on January 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM