National Cathedral to begin performing gay weddings

posted at 8:14 pm on January 9, 2013 by Allahpundit

It’s nominally Episcopal but I’ve always thought of it as the beating heart of ceremonial deism, so no surprise that it would shift as the wider public does.

Say this for the dean, too: He makes no bones about his political intentions. Although if you’re head of the National Cathedral and reaching out to press a hot button, why bother doing that? Why pretend it’s a purely religious decision when it’s not?

“I read the Bible as seriously as fundamentalists do,” Hall told the AP. “And my reading of the Bible leads me to want to do this because I think it’s being faithful to the kind of community that Jesus would have us be.”

Celebrating same-sex weddings is important beyond the Episcopal Church, Hall said. Church debate is largely settled on the matter, allowing for local decisions, he said. The move is also a chance to influence the nation.

“As a kind of tall-steeple, public church in the nation’s capital, by saying we’re going to bless same-sex marriages, conduct same-sex marriages, we are really trying to take the next step for marriage equality in the nation and in the culture,” Hall said.

This comes on the same day that lefties are grumbling at Obama for letting the benediction at his inauguration be delivered by a pastor from Atlanta who opposes gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a sin, and thinks Christ can help lead gays out of their “lifestyle.” Looking forward to the official White House statement about how those views are allegedly too far out of the mainstream of Christian thinking to earn him a spot at the national table on the 21st.

Exit question: Second look at the blessings of atheism instead?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

…abortions next?

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

…yuck!

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

God is not mocked.

Key West Reader on January 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM

…no!…I did not mis-spell yuck!

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM

No house of God would allow such an abomination.

The National Cathedral is no house of God.

madmonkphotog on January 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM

This is not the National Cathedral anymore. It is the theater of the absurd, with farce being the main attraction.

God will hold accountable the perpetrators of this sacrilege. Count on it.

hillbillyjim on January 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Given that video as a case in point, there appears to be a narcissistic underpinning to the whole gay culture.

onlineanalyst on January 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

You’ll make a beautiful bride, allahpundit. :)

Blake on January 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Now for a word from Actual Jesus:

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? – Matthew 19:5

AbaddonsReign on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

What a pity, I used to love visiting the Cathedral when I lived out there. While I’m not terribly religious, I do believe it’s bad juju to hang out in desecrated holy places, so I won’t be visiting the Cathedral ever again.

quikstrike98 on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

who cares, its just a silly old building like most churches are.

nathor on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

A den of social panderers .

Cleansing of the Temple – part deux

EnglishRogue on January 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

no!…I did not mis-spell yuck!

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You are correct, however you needlessly hyphenated misspell. *_+

Rio Linda Refugee on January 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM

This is no longer a Christian church. If this man has truly read the New Testament, he must have read it in a language he doesn’t understand.

Rose on January 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM

National Cathedral DISGRACE

HotAirian on January 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I seem to remember a lot of espicopalians converting to catholicism in protest at the ordination of women.

Presumably this kind of thing will have the same result.

CorporatePiggy on January 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

who cares, its just a silly old building like most churches are.

nathor on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

That’s surely the most thoughtful comment I’ve seen in the last six seconds. Congrats.

hillbillyjim on January 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Episcopalians I meant – that was not a racial remark.

CorporatePiggy on January 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

From the Gospels: “You should be able to do whatever you want, as long as you don’t hurt anyone. You should be able to love whoever you want, and not have people hate you for it, be driven out of the military for it, or be denied housing or employment, or the ability to conduct sleepovers as a Boy Scout scoutmaster. To deny a man laying with another man is an abomination. Bring your farm animals out to the front lawn, so that we may know them.”

Paul-Cincy on January 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

quikstrike98 on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

You use this term and expect us to believe you are not religious.

Rio Linda Refugee on January 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Have they wheeled out the Golden Calf?

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

As long as “the next step” doesn’t involve legislation or jurisprudence requiring ALL churches to allow same-sex marriages, then to each his own. Otherwise, you’re looking at mass civil disobedience easily on the scale of the various 60s civil rights protests.

Robert_Paulson on January 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Liberals rewrite history to suit their needs. I guess they think they can change God’s Word to suit themselves as well. They will have to answer their maker eventually.

rich8450 on January 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Paul-Cincy on January 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Well played

Rio Linda Refugee on January 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

there appears to be a narcissistic underpinning to the whole gay culture.

onlineanalyst on January 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

As provocative as Ann Coulter can be, she made the same point once, and you have to give it some credit.

Paul-Cincy on January 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Lefties grumble, but they don’t tear each other apart like Republicans do.

Wigglesworth on January 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Have you seen the pipe organ player? C’mon, y’all. This can’t be a surprise.

SouthernGent on January 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

And thus nathor makes his usual kind of statement…

The Episcopal denom has been walking down this path for decades. As for the church, I don’t see how it can be “national”. Yeah, that’s its name, but a name doesn’t always mean something is truly that which it states. No church, no denom, etc. can represent the nation… Least of all the episcopalians.

Logus on January 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Have they wheeled out the Golden Calf?

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

…bestiality is next?

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Freedom of Religion. The Episcopalians have the freedom in this country to celebrate and perform gay marriages. Catholics, Baptists and evangelicals also have the freedom to not perform gay marriage.

However, neither side has the right to impose their beliefs on everyone else, thus the restrictiveness of anti-gay marriage crowd does not creep into our separation of church and state and First Amendment society.

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Rose on January 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Ever heard of Shelby Spong? The Episcopal denom has been eaten with theological rot for decades.

Logus on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

CorporatePiggy on January 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM
The Episcopals as a denom have been splintering and bleeding out for quite a while. It will indeed continue.

Logus on January 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM

…bestiality is next?

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

they already allow human-liberal marriages, so its already happening…

nathor on January 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Dude knows his history. First century Jews were well-known for their progressive-minded endorsement of gay couples.

Cicero43 on January 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM

God also said “be fruitful and multiply”. How does that work exactly? I’m glad I don’t live near DC, that is definitely going to be God’s ground zero.

ctmom on January 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

bazil9 on January 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

…abortions next?

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Jesus would have wanted it, or something.

Cicero43 on January 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM

It’s a little-known fact that Jesus also supported gun confiscation.

Cicero43 on January 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM

AbaddonsReign on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

That’s quite false. About 1% of human live births exhibit some degree of intersex (male and female) characteristics. Everything from genetic disorders, to ambiguous genitalia or to hormonal conditions.

Of course, the 1st Century Jews who wrote the Bible couldn’t have possibly known that. They were unbelievably ignorant of their surrounding world to the point where we would struggle even imagining it.

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM

It’s a little-known fact that Jesus also supported gun confiscation.

Cicero43 on January 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM

he wants all your swords for himself!

nathor on January 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM

When an Episcopal church leaves the US Episcopals and joins the worldwide Anglican Communion, that is the first step for it being a church blessed by God, instead of an impostor.

22044 on January 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Disgusting, simply disgusting. Yes, I am Catholic.

MNDavenotPC on January 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Dear Mr. Very Reverend Dean Gary Hall, I’ve got a lightening rod business out here in North Dakota but we provide service nationwide. Judging from what I’ve read in the press I believe your building needs at least 12 of our Satan-Master 5000 units. These are our best. Strong, no maintenance and suitable for harsh climates. I myself don’t worship at the Episcopal Church but in brotherly charity I urge you to protect your building. Free estimates. Google us at our Episcopal hotline at blasphemer@thepitofhell.net

Mason on January 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I grew up Episcopalian finally my church broke with TEC and now we worship as traditional Anglicans. Unfortunately,we don’t have a building but we don’t have to put up with the pro abortion bishops anymore.

OliverB on January 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM

yep, this is about the time Jesus came in and cleansed the temple of all the money changers.

no metaphors from me this time, cause we are in the end times.

renalin on January 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM

It’s a little-known fact that Jesus also supported gun confiscation.

Cicero43 on January 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Nope.

FURTHER, why would the Holy Spirit, through Luke, put all of this down in writing? Why are we all sitting in front of our respective computer screens, poring through our Bibles, reading and discussing this 1979 years after the fact? Dude. It is not sufficient at this point to simply declare me a bloodthirsty, gun-toting war monger and then walk away. You have to refute and rebut the logical progression I just laid out. Good luck with that.

Now, let’s go to verse 49. They’re in the Garden, and Jesus has gone through His agony. Now Judas, with the Jewish guards, approaches. Judas kisses Jesus to show the guards which man they should arrest. The apostles see this and ask, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?”

Dude, they’re STILL ARMED. With ASSAULT WEAPONS. If Jesus was disgusted with the swords back in the Upper Room, why are the apostles wearing SWORDS (which are assault weapons, remember) in the Garden? Don’t you think that hippie, pacifist Jesus would have told them to LEAVE THE SWORDS BEHIND? And then scolded them? He didn’t do that. They put on their swords (which are assault weapons) and walked to the Garden. You know why? Because Jesus is neither a hippie nor a pacifist.

Next, Peter (and we know it was Peter from John 18) struck one of the guards and cut off his ear.

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

…bestiality is next?

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Probably… but my reference is to what Moses had witnessed when he returned from the mountain with the Ten Commandments…

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Letting peaceful individuals declare their love for one another would only infuriate tyrants and thugs. As such most fundamentalists are and everything I stand against. Your unthinking, vile and disgusting hatred has no place in a society which defends liberty of minorities.

I can hope that your mind will be changed, but I doubt it. Those who have the threat of physical hell held over them by a tyrannical God and yet still serve him, become tyrants themselves and often do not see themselves for what they are.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

rich8450 on January 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

We were never at war with Eurasia. :)

Theophile on January 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I hear the president’s actually read the Constitution. Doesn’t mean he follows it.

tom on January 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Worry much?

HotAirian on January 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

If you had a clue, you’d be embarrassed. Maybe someday you will.

Cicero43 on January 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Now for a word from Actual Jesus:

AbaddonsReign on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Nothing to worry about. He actually read that before deciding to ignore it.

tom on January 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Do you mean New Testament? Christians wrote it and paid with their lives.

Guess, you didn’t get his point about God creating man and Woman to be to be together to produce offspring.

Why bring the subject of Hermaphroditism?

b1jetmech on January 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM

peaceful individuals

LMFAO appeal to emotion. Way to go. does not follow.

would only infuriate tyrants and thugs

only tyrants and thugs? No room for others? such a closed mind.

LMFAO! somebody let that godless reprobate sodomite Dan Savage know ASAP.

in a society which defends liberty of minorities.

We don’t live in that America anymoer do to the homo-commies.

alas.

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM

AKA, a pastor.

tom on January 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM

“Jesus wept.”

Kevin K. on January 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM

So Episcopals are no longer Christians. Gotcha.

njrob on January 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Yawn. Worship whatever you like. The Great Cosmic Bagel, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or the Maharishi. No skin off my back. But don’t claim to be Christian, and endorse homosexual marriage. The Jewish and Christian texts are crystal clear about homosexual marriage. If you’re a Christian, and you endorse same-sex unions, you are blaspheming. That’s your soul, not mine, but don’t expect me to tell you that it’s cool.

quikstrike98 on January 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Episcopalians once again beclown themselves.

Nessuno on January 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM

tom on January 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM

A real one. I didn’t think Obama knew any.

Rose on January 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Letting peaceful individuals declare their love for one another

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Got “straw man arguments” training from Obama? You’re right in his league with that comment. Which is, I guess, some kind of compliment, in some circles. I don’t see it that way, myself.

Paul-Cincy on January 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Do what you want in your Church; just don’t for it upon mine.

The fact that people here can be openly gay in this society and the debate is about whether or not they can marry says a lot for our society that is good. In many places in the world, they still stone gays to death or throw them off of cliffs.

Conservatives are tolerant; the Left is not. You don’t see conservative newspapers publishing the names and addresses of all gay people the way that the one liberal newspaper (redundant, I know) published the names and addresses of all of the gun-owners in their state.

Theophile on January 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Quit preaching to the rest of us about clauses no where to be found in the Constitutions.

Also, if your not a believer then please don’t give unsolicited advice to believers. Unless your one of the few examples that God used unbelievers to pass judgement on Israel.

b1jetmech on January 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

*for (in the first sentence) = force

Theophile on January 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

quikstrike98 on January 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I know you’re a tyrant, but you don’t set the definition of Christianity. Your judgements and condemnations mean nothing to anyone but yourself.

Have fun, loser.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Bring your farm animals out to the front lawn, so that we may know them.”

Paul-Cincy on January 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Nice ending touch!

/Please, no puns about touching ends….

tom on January 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM

ctmom on January 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Turkey basters and sperm donors, of course, as laid out in the 15th chapter of 3 John.

tom on January 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM

The New Testament sets the definition of Christianity. Any church that refuses to accept it is not Christian.

Rose on January 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Episcopalianism considered itself the beating heart of ceremonial deism too, AP – which why it has shifted as the wider public does for decades. It ceased being a Christian denomination a long time ago. That’s why the Cathedral ended up this way, it reflects its owners.

Presumably this kind of thing will have the same result.

CorporatePiggy on January 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Even more – a LOT more – left over the ordination of an actively gay “bishop” almost 10 years ago. The Episcopalians thought they were going to appeal to libs who would then pack the pews. It didn’t happen. They didn’t realize that people who don’t give a damn about real faith don’t need a church at all, not even a fake one.

Eren on January 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Your judgements and condemnations mean nothing to anyone but yourself.

Have fun, loser.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I’d say the same to you, oddly enough…

Gee I guess we are at a closed-minded bigot impasse~!

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen(and Undecided): it’s official. Game Over. I’ll just sit here and wait for the Goths and the Vandals to sack DC…

affenhauer on January 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Oh look, I’ve angered the tyrants.

As long as you think peaceful gay couples getting married somehow violates your liberty or faith, you’ll always be mindless tyrants who have no idea what freedom and liberty is. The only way your liberty would be violated is if gay marriage ceremonies were forced by government upon you or your church. This is not happening so your liberty is not in any way being violated. In short, get over it – it does not affect you.

Don’t support gay marriages?

Then don’t have one.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Have fun, loser.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

LMAO. You “know” I’m a tyrant? You know two things about me. Jack, and sh!t. And the only loser I see in this discussion is someone who’s running around calling a fairly unreligious guy (who’s done a fair amount of reading and college level coursework on religion) a “tyrant” for telling you that the Christian Bible is incompatible with homosexuality. Period. Now, there may be other religions out there which are amenable to homosexuality, but a passing familiarity with the Old and New Testaments will show you that they do NOT endorse homosexuality. Now, I’ve done some wild, crazy, hedonistic things. I’ve done some things old Father Rocheford wouldn’t approve of, I was a Marine after all. I had great fun doing them, I’d like to do more of them again. But I don’t run around asking for God’s blessing of my sinful activities.

quikstrike98 on January 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM

FLIOKC should have a good meeting with God someday.

22044 on January 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I’d say the same to you, oddly enough…

Gee I guess we are at a closed-minded bigot impasse~!

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Indeed, I’m personally against those who advocate for the use of government force against peaceful individuals.

There’s no greater tyrant who seeks to use the power of government to keep people they don’t like from being married.

You’re pathetic.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

FLIOKC should have a good meeting with God someday.

22044 on January 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM

abrupt!=good

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

AbaddonsReign on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Now, why would Romans 1 be popping into my head at this point?

tom on January 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

FLIOKC should have a good meeting with God someday.

22044 on January 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Oh, and a libertarian…that’s a laugh, when he tries to bash a group that has beliefs different than his.

Heal thyself.

22044 on January 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM

quikstrike98 on January 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM

This +1,000,000

melle1228 on January 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM

You’re pathetic.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Quote me where I advocated for anything related to what you accuse me of.

Can’t so stuff it. failedinokc.

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM

ctmom on January 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

From this post (main, not yours), I’d conclude that the fruits have already multiplied to critical mass…

affenhauer on January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

A supposedly Christian leader says he has found justification for condoning sin in the Bible. We, as Christians, have the right to point out the fallacy of his statement and consequent actions.

Rose on January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I love people who aren’t believers arguing against the Bible.

You do realize Zach that part of being tolerant is tolerating others views. Tolerance works both ways..

melle1228 on January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

SODOMerica!!!

Followed by pedophilia, beastiality, hunger type games for sport, and then onto a Large FEDEX type field where the homophobes, bigots and global warming infidels can be made sport of for the depraved masses.

ROME……..here we come!

PappyD61 on January 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM

It’s a little-known fact that Jesus also supported gun confiscation.

Cicero43 on January 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM

he wants all your swords for himself!

nathor on January 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Actual quote from Jesus:

35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

tom on January 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM

In short, get over it – it does not affect you.
Don’t support gay marriages?
Then don’t have one.
fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

OT, I know, but what’s your take on gun control..?

affenhauer on January 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Don’t support gay marriages?

Then don’t have one.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Your comment would make at least some sense if there were laws against sodomy, and sodomites were being prosecuted. They’re not. They’re free to peacefully express their love and draw rainbows with unicorns that poop skittles to their hearts’ content. THEY ARE ASKING FOR THE IMPRIMATUR OF THE STATE ON THEIR PERVERSION. That is entirely different, and absurd, to anyone with a modicum of common sense, which is admittedly a small and decreasing portion of the populace.

Ted Torgerson on January 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

AbaddonsReign on January 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I love people who aren’t believers arguing against the Bible.

melle1228 on January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

You’re entitled to your beliefs, hun, but you are not entitled to your own facts. :)

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

ROME……..here we come!

PappyD61 on January 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Sure…but the Roman trains ran on time and they had free healthcare, so there’s that.

Bishop on January 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Nowhere in this incoherent post is there anything close to resembling a point. A strawman seems to be implied, but I might be giving it too much credit.

besser tot als rot on January 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

ctmom on January 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Can infertile couples marry in a Christian church?

lexhamfox on January 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Rose on January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

As far as religions go, Episcopalians have been a joke for a while. I stopped being religious awhile ago, but before I was an Episcopalian. I remember in early this decade during their annual conference that the difference factions couldn’t even come to a majority vote that the Bible was the word of God or divinely inspired- something that is pretty universally accepted within Christianity.

melle1228 on January 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I love people who aren’t believers arguing against the Bible.

melle1228 on January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Tolerance, by DEFINITION, requires disagreement.

The modern leftist redefined tolerance to mean accept these ideas or else.

Where else is intolerance and is therefore incorrect thought,; which necessarily requires extinction or reeducation.

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I’d say the same to you, oddly enough…

Gee I guess we are at a closed-minded bigot impasse~!

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM

You’re pathetic.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

You’re obviously not personally opposed to straw men. There’s been no government force applied to keep people “they don’t like” from getting married. There is an attempt, however, to use government force to make the rest of us accept same-sex ‘marriages.’ It’s the same-sex marriage advocates who are seeking the use of government force against people they don’t like.

tom on January 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

viking01 on January 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

(:->)
…I know

KOOLAID2 on January 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Can infertile couples marry in a Christian church?

lexhamfox on January 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

are they infertile sodomites?

tom daschle concerned on January 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM

ZachV on January 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

First off, I am not a believer- something I have told you numerous times. Secondly even if the ancient Jews accepted a genital condition your condition is a preference not a medical condition hun..

melle1228 on January 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM

If I were single I would demand that the government force me to marry Katherine Webb.

Bishop on January 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM

In short, get over it – it does not affect you.
Don’t support gay marriages?
Then don’t have one.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

You are not asking for legalization of gay marriage because it is already legal. So, try a different argument.

besser tot als rot on January 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM