Piers Morgan: Alex Jones is the best advertisement for gun control you could wish for

posted at 4:01 pm on January 8, 2013 by Allahpundit

Last night’s cable-news car crash reminded me of how reporters used to go to tea-party rallies and seek out the nuttiest people they could find for self-discrediting quotes and photos. A cheap tactic to smear the whole group, but an effective one. Took Morgan awhile but somehow he figured out that insulting soft-spoken gun-rights advocates to their faces is less persuasive than letting a guy famous for 9/11 conspiracy theories shriek about guns and 1776 and the New World Order on camera for 15 minutes. Dave Weigel says the segment was actually proof of how lame an interviewer Morgan is since he failed to really challenge Jones at any point. I dunno. The segment was designed to be a freak show that would hopefully alienate fencesitters from the gun-rights cause. Why interrupt the star attraction during his performance? It’s like criticizing a skeptic for inviting the “experts” from “Ancient Aliens” on and then not asking thoughtful questions about aerodynamics. Just wind ‘em up and let ‘em go.

“He was the best advertisement for gun control you could wish for,” Morgan told POLITICO.

“That kind of vitriol, hatred, and zealotry is really quite scary. I didn’t feel threatened by him, but I’m concerned that someone like him has that level of influence,” Morgan said. “There’s got to be a level of discourse that can rise above what happened last night. It was undignified, unedifying.”…

“Sometimes it’s better to let somebody have the rope they need to tie themselves in knots,” Morgan told POLITICO, noting that he had been far more vocal and more passionate in previous interviews with gun advocates. According to Morgan, Jones continued ranting straight through the commercial break that divided the two-segment interview…

“He is clearly a smart guy under the craziness,” Morgan said. “Look, you could tell from the way he ranted that he’s not a stupid man. But that makes him more dangerous. There will be lots of people who follow him avidly who are not so intelligent, who believe everything he says.”

As a chaser after yesterday’s shot, skip to 2:40 and listen as Mike Bloomberg’s plot to assassinate Jones with NYPD mafia dressed as crackheads is exposed. Any follow-up questions, anyone?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Jones sounded and acted like a nut case…too bad, if he used 1/2 the words, paused, took a breath, he would have been convincing. All he did was garner the support of his supporters, and further alienate gun control advocates…(right2bright)

Again, I’ll say we should be dissecting what Jones says and for those things we agree on we should repeat loudly. Then blow off the crazy. Conservatives and libertarians are soooo quick to devour one of their own. And before anyone says Jones is not one of ‘our’ own, I say look at what he says pick out the stuff that furthers the cause/makes the case and do not acknowledge the crazy. Exploit it.
As to Morgan, I don’t give a rats pa-tootie about the murder rate in GB.

darlus on January 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

At least he has balls, unlike most Repubs. He’s totally right on the gun issue.

WhatSlushfund on January 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM

And wrong on everything else. Just because a scumbag maniac agrees with you one point, doesn’t make him LESS of a scumbag maniac.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Maybe you’re right. Like I said, I’m new to learning about this guy. My only exposure has been the Piers Morgan interview and this Youtube video, so that’s all I’m basing this on. Maybe he does have some other views that would cross the line for me. For example, if he said anything remotely apologistic about Islam, or advocated a Ron Paulian-ish hippy isolationist stance, that would definitely change my position. What I said was based on very limited knowledge of this guy. But he is completely right on the guns issue. And if he’s just some harmless loon in other ways, well, those types are a dime a dozen.

WhatSlushfund on January 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

You said he spit on her face. He didn’t. Watch the video.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Well Michelle made a joke about not catching a contagious disease. Why would she make that joke if he didn’t spit on her?

terryannonline on January 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Conservatives and libertarians are soooo quick to devour one of their own.

He’s a freaking anarchist. He’s not one of us.

terryannonline on January 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

WhatSlushfund on January 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

He’s a 9/11 truther…for starters.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

WhatSlushfund on January 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Alex Jones is a crazy loon. Just cuz he’s right on the 2nd amendment doesn’t make him at all trustworthy. That’s the main problem with this post. AP is publicizing Piers Morgan and Alex Jones, two idiots who don’t need more media oxygen.

sauldalinsky on January 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Interesting.

Bmore on January 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM

This guy isn’t on any side that I identify with.

Banning all guns would be effective. I don’t necessarily subscribe to that position, and yes, it wouldn’t eliminate 100% of gun deaths, but it would be effective in limiting gun deaths.

segasagez on December 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM

The Second Amendment doesn’t seem to be on his radar at all, and he would do well to look up what happened in Rwanda and what weapons were used.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

to be fair to dante’ s boy Jones, he sounds pretty jowelly. I bet he showers spit on anyone within a meter of his rapacious maw.

tom daschle concerned on January 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

You must have missed where the self-appointed arbiter of what’s relevant settled the argument. You’re not allowed to disagree anymore. We must all now concede that making death threats is mitigated by the entirely relevant issue of book titling, First Amendment be damned. We’re not allowed to refer to that incident in establishing that person’s credibility.

CapnObvious on January 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Dante the idiot a fan of Alex Jones…you don’t say. Dante go eff yourself.

CW on January 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

terryannonline on January 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Oh, her “making a joke” means he spit on her? So you didn’t actually watch the video; you just decided to make false claims about something you never saw.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I acknowledged that he was a Truther in my original post. I think that’s nuts, but that doesn’t make him wrong on the guns issue. A person can be crazy on one thing, but right on another.

WhatSlushfund on January 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Poor thing, he just said “kill Michelle Malkin” and his brain dead fans joined in the chant.
Gee, that makes it a lot better, huh.
You are an easily lead boob who has been sold a raft of BS by people who make their living off your gullibility, yet Ironically you think the same thing about others. Funny.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Another lie, and another host of false assumptions. Jones did not say, “Kill Michelle Malkin”

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

He’s a freaking anarchist. He’s not one of us.(terryannonline)

So you disagree with every thing he said in the interview with Morgan, right? You are proving my point – devouring.
Have you ever listened to Bob Beckel respond to a question regarding something crazy some other democrat says/does? He picks out the points he agrees with and never acknowledges the crazy. I get so mad I want to throw something at the TV. But he rarely admits to anything his party does in the negative sense. Conservatives etc.. address the negatives of our own over and over, there’s where the sound bites are.

darlus on January 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM

The amazing thing is that you think anyone will come away from that video thinking he is anything other then a deranged lunatic. You refer to it as if it said great things about his character. What does that say about yours? (What else needs to be said at this point.)

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Does anyone even watch Piers Morgan?

GarandFan on January 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

He clearly says “kill Malkin” at :058. You are the little liar.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM

darlus on January 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

He makes his living validating the hallucinations of the clinically paranoid. He is most definitely not one of us.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Funny thing is that I was like many of you. Held many of the same beliefs as you. Fan of and admired Malkin. Read her website and commented in many of the threads saying many of the same stuff that you say here. Watched this same video thinking and saying the same things about Malkin and Jones as you do. Desired limited government and a government that followed the Constitution, defended Bush and interventionism with the same arguments the political class make.

Then I grew up and realized that the people I read or admired weren’t seeking limited government, weren’t defending limited government, and weren’t supporting or defending the Constitution. They are arguing for the same things as “the other side,” except there was no other side.

Here we have Michelle Malkin defending the progressive FDR and his rounding up of citizens, depriving them of due process, and incarcerating them indefinitely and without trial. And she was defending this. Someone who would have you believe she is an advocate for liberty, limited government, and the Constitution.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Eh, anyone watching Morgan’s vapid show is already an anti-gun moron.

Bishop on January 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

WhatSlushfund on January 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

sauldalinsky on January 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I didn’t say he was “trustworthy,” just that he was exactly right about the guns issue. As for publication of this exchange between Piers Morgan and Jones being ‘problematic,’ I think that our side will never win unless we welcome a full and open (and fully viral) vigorous discourse regarding such issues. Let the better team win. And we need to win. Our Republic depends on it, so strap up.

WhatSlushfund on January 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

If Morgan thinks Jones is crazy, he doesn’t have the slightest idea what the hard core 2nd amendment types are like. The reality would cause Morgan to turn white and immediately buy a plane ticket back to the cesspool the UK has become. If the Dimocrats try what they seem to be wanting to try, there will be blood in the streets. We are not subjects.

Quartermaster on January 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I saw the video quite some time ago and thought it was awful how he treated Michelle BUT if she is asked about him now, she would be wise not to play into the Democrats’ hands about this Morgan/Jones video by discussing the past. Just use the opportunity for 2nd amendment soap box.

darlus on January 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

He clearly says “kill Malkin” at :058. You are the little liar.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM

No he doesn’t. Are you on drugs?

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

The guy did say “kill Malkin”, and they were chanting “Love! Peace! Justice!” and then in true nutter fashion switched to “Kill Michelle Malkin”. Also didn’t Alex Jones say “not let Michelle Malkin leave”, which is kind of funny for a guy who runs a website called PrisonPlanet?

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM

He’s a freaking anarchist. He’s not one of us.

terryannonline on January 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

That word doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Although your mind’s opaque
Try thinking more if just for your own sake

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM

A guy said it, not Jones.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

A guy said it, not Jones.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

It was him.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Then you started consuming the effluence of the Ron Paul cult of personality/conspiracy industry and suddenly found people like David Icke and Jesse Ventura credible…

“Then I grew up”

Hopped on the conspiracy bandwagon you mean.

“Here we have Michelle Malkin defending the progressive FDR and his rounding up of citizens, “

I’m not a fan of Michelle Malkins (sorry folks, I remember 08 and her trashing the GOP all the way to defeat) but she does have the right to walk down the street without having your pet lunatic screaming that she should be killed and rallying his lemming followers to do the same.
Alex Jones isn’t an advocate for “liberty, limited government, and the Constitution.” He is little bully who lines his pockets off the paranoia and gullibility of his listeners and will say anything against the USA to make a buck from idiots like you.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

No, actually I criticized Paul for the same things many here do, including you. My path naturally led to a rethinking of his positions when I discovered that I was wrong on things.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Low info type I presume. ; )

Bmore on January 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM

No he doesn’t. Are you on drugs?

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

It’s at 0:58, he clearly says “kill Malkin, and he and his IDIOT followers proceed to chase her down the street chanting it.
Are you so far gone that you wont hear what you don’t what to hear?

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

No one has a right to walk down a public street at a public gathering without being yelled at. Where do you come up with this “right”?

And still clinging to the lie disproven by your own linked video. Funny that you call him a bully and not the woman defending a tyrant who rounded up citizens and put them in camps without due process.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Dainte / Her Portable Goalpost 2016!!!

CurtZHP on January 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Are you so far gone that you wont hear what you don’t what to hear?

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Oh, there’s definitely someone hearing what he wants to hear, but it’s not me.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Go continue your path of rethinking, you are lost in the woods somewhere.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM

One last thing. segasagez, when you come onto a gun thread at HA, my advice, come well armed. Lol!

Bmore on January 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Oh,……….. Alex!!!!!

Bmore on January 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Oh, there’s definitely someone hearing what he wants to hear, but it’s not me.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Amazing, you haven’t even had time to listen to it since I posted that. Go to the link and listen, at 0:58 this little scumbag takes a break from stating 9/11 was an inside job and Cheney was planning on sinking our own ships to say “Kill Malkin”.
He’s a scumbag, and so are his lunatic followers. Including you.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

She was right about McCain, and they did it again with Romney. In 2016 they will probably run Jeb Bush, and there will be people yelling that this is insane. Those warnings don’t generate the Republican defeats, they just predict them.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

darlus on January 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I agree that Alex Jones is an ally against statism but it’s also true that he is a fringe ally who believes in cockamamie conspiracy theories that most people find disagreeable. If Alex wanted the widest possible base of support for his appearance on Piers Morgan he should have stuck to the 2nd amendment.

FloatingRock on January 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM

She was right about McCain…
sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

He was the one who came through the primaries. No, she was wrong and it helped in some measure to bring about Obama which is the worst thing to befall this country since Vietnam.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

He’s a scumbag, and so are his lunatic followers. Including you.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I’m not a follower of is, but I’m not going to lie and said that he yelled, “Kill Michelle Malkin” when he most certainly didn’t.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM

She was right about McCain…

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

So did Bob Dole. So did Mitt Romney. So will Jeb Bush.

If Nancy Pelosi runs and wins the GOP primary, are we all obligated to support her as well?

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM

He said “kill Malkin” you nut. He said it at 0:58 on this video.
It’s there for anyone to hear; great to see your disassociation with reality.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Sure does sound like he says it.

Bmore on January 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Obama’s the worst thing to befall this country ever, but nothing Michelle Malkin did to criticize McCain brought about Obama’s election. What a ridiculous grudge.

sauldalinsky on January 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM

It’s funny Morgan stopped himself from using the correct saying, “enough rope to HANG himself with”. Can’t have any violent metaphors when trying to show how violent the guest is.

A.C. McCloud on January 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM

So did Bob Dole. So did Mitt Romney. So will Jeb Bush.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Provide us with a better candidate. Don’t like Jeb bush? OK, get out there and run. Don’t just whine that everything that has been done for you isnt perfect and that’s why we should just stay home or toss the vote away on a completely unviable candidate.
You and I have been down this rod before, there is NOTHING worse for the country then sitting back and allowing Obama to get elected.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM

No. People have their own lives to live and they are under no obligation to provide their votes to whatever crappy candidate the GOP trots out.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM

sauldalinsky on January 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM

In 2008 4.1 million Republican voters simply stayed home rather then vote for McCain. (In 2012 it was 6.6 million more than in 2008) Malkins anti McCain rants, right up to the end didn’t help. There is no intelligent conservative case to be made for Obama (like “got to go through Carter to get to Reagan) and that has been confirmed by the past 4 years and his re-election.
Regardless, she should be able to walk down the street without Alex Jones screaming that she should be killed… No?

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Wouldn’t the candidate need to support Conservatism in order for Conservatives to support him?

Don’t go off on me. I held my nose and pulled the lever both times.

kingsjester on January 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM

The GOP didn’t “trot out” anything, there is a primary process. Remember? Don’t like the results? Run. At the end you will be given a choice between 2 viable candidates. In this case it was a choice between a boob and an existential threat. Congratulations, you didn’t do whatever it took to keep the existential threat out.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Your dog food tastes like crap.

The dogs won’t eat it.

The person telling you it tastes like crap, isn’t your enemy.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Can someone explain to me how Morgan even got a show on CNN? He’s about the most uninteresting blowhard on television. And who gives a rat’s back-end about Alex Jones and his moronic 9/11 troof and a bunch of other conspiracy theories…heck, I’m still waiting for the black helicopters to swoop me up and drop me at a FEMA concentration camp.

Jeebus, those two make Jerry Springer sound smart.

JetBoy on January 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Neither did you, or the GOP. They nominated a progressive, and you voted for one.

My views are progressive” – Mitt Romney

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Jones might be crazy – but just like Hunter Thompson, he’s getting paid for it – so its OK. The Left has plenty of “Crazy” in their ranks, and they never apologize, they just promote.

famous amos on January 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

The person telling you it tastes like crap, isn’t your enemy.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Sorry, sometimes being a patriot means biting off your share of the dog food. Especially considering the alternative.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

segasagez on December 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM

What are you smoking?

Mexico has the most strict gun laws in the world.

Mexico has the highest likely hood of being murdered by a gun in the world.

So exactly how can you make such a stupid statement?

Furthermore 75% of gun murders in America are drug related. Moron they would just get their guns from their drug contacts like they mostly do right now.

Britain has a violent crime rate five times higher than we do and all crime statistics are up. Their gun ban has made it worse not better and in fact gun murder rates are also up. They have just always been low there not the weapon of choice there is all.

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Some “process.” I was told that it was over months before I even got a chance to vote in the primaries. Anyway – Sorry. Voted for McCain and Romney. Not doing it again. You and your statist GOP are forewarned.

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I’m not sure how y’all got to discussing McCain ’08…but V7_Sport may just be the first HA’er to see the realization that McCain lost in ’08 in part due to lack of support from Republicans who saw themselves as too conservative to support him. If anything, most of the attacks against McCain came from conservatives, not liberals/Democrats.

It was nice to see at least a rally behind Mitt Romney this past election, and if we had that kind of cohesion in ’08 the nation would be a different place than it is now.

JetBoy on January 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

What’s the alternative? I voted for Romney and Obama is still president. Romney was clearly going to lose because it was clear that he was going to fail to provide the people a reason to vote for him. If a GOP candidate has a hard time getting the easily gettable votes, he’s going to lose. So there is absolutely no obligation to vote for him.

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Neither did you, or the GOP.
sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

And again, we have already done this. I’m not going to argue in circles with you for another couple of hours of my life. Sometimes you don’t get everything your heart desires. Sometimes you have to do the right thing even if it’s not what you want to do. Sometimes taking your bat and your ball and going home just empowers the very worst alternative. Thinking it a brilliant strategy (the frog will jump out of the boiling water) has just gotten more of the same, worse even because “our side” is in perpetual disarray because of the perpetual defeats and there side is treating the country with downright contempt.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM

The most important issue Alex Jones brought up are these SSRI drugs which most mass killers are on or suffering withdrawals from. Notice how so few in the mainstream media mention this? The correlation between the mainstream prescribing of these drugs, mass shootings and gun free zones is unmistakable.

I don’t agree with Alex Jones on everything, but so what? I don’t have to agree with him on everything. I agree with him on GUNS.

fatlibertarianinokc on January 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

There was no alternative provided, just a slightly less rabid version of the same insanity.

You tell me the difference here?…

And my campaign has made it very clear: the President’s cuts of $716 billion to Medicare, those cuts are going to be restored if I become President and Paul Ryan becomes Vice President. – Mitt Romney

When it comes then it should come on our watch, not our children’s.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

. Not doing it again. You and your statist GOP are forewarned.

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Good thing they aren’t running. It’s not ‘ statist” to be willing to make momentary compromises to keep a full on socialist out. I am not a statist, thank you.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM

The game is fixed. You know that.

When a conservative runs he has to also run against the Establishment Republicans in the General Election. In fact they are generally a far worst enemy in the General. Ask Mourdock or Akin. They lost because of Republicans back stabbing them no other reason.

We know what wins we are just to stupid to try it very often. We have three times in the last 20 years with huge success.

1994 we had historic wins with Contract with America Conservatism.
2000 we had historic wins with Compassionate Conservatism. We took all three branches of elected government.
2010 we had historic wins with Tea Party Conservatism.

But the Establishment would much rather vote with the Democrats than allow Conservatives to set the GOP agenda. Establishment Republicans act a lot more like DNC agents than anything else.

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM

JetBoy on January 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM

That is absurd. It is the likes of Noonan, Brooks, and Frum in the middle who put Obama over the top against McCain. Better Obama as President than Pain as VP they thought, evidently.

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Brilliant strategy???? did it ever occur to you that certain people are just flat out digusted and tired of the GOP? you sound like some dumb woman who constantly makes excuses for her abusive husband. “oh, i can make him change….” LOL. some of you are more insane than the left.

GhoulAid on January 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Don’t go off on me. I held my nose and pulled the lever both times.

kingsjester on January 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Then you deserve to be criticized. You are the problem.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Michelle Malkin speaks her mind and takes a principled stand for Conservatism, and doesn’t parrot establishment talking points. We need lots more right-of-center commentators like her, not less.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Well, glad we can agree on that at least :)

sauldalinsky on January 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Sometimes you have to do the right thing even if it’s not what you want to do.

It isn’t the right thing.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM

The GOP isn’t on ‘our side’. They don’t want to cut spending and they are treating the nation with just as much contempt as the Democrats.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the latest triumphant deal includes $2 billion of cuts for fiscal year 2013.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

If you can’t see a difference between either McCain or Romney then you are too far gone.

And my campaign has made it very clear:

How well is your campaign working? Did the frog jump out of the boiling water? After Carter did we get Reagan? No. We are probably looking at Clinton next.

This isn’t chess where you sacrifice a few pawns here and there to get the queen, it’s football where you are fighting for yards. Losing elections, (it should be obvious by now) doesn’t gain influence.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I have no problem with momentary compromises. That is a strawman and a red herring. Romney is a statist. It is a lie or delusion to claim otherwise. He made momentary compromises to pretend to be conservative. Regardless. I don’t care. I’m just not voting for a statist again. Period. You and your statist GOP can do with that as you will. Probably nothing.

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Exactly. They are playing a part and when in power they cut nothing. It’s just cheap posing for the crowd.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Tell me the difference?

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

GhoulAid on January 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Seeing as the Senate and the executive branch are in the hands of the democrats I would think that would be what you would be flat out disgusted with. Seeing as we have just lost another election to people who are out of control with their spending how are you liking the alternative?

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Go vote for hillary then. You will have plenty of company.
How about this? Work to see that less “statist” politicians run and get elected. That’s probability more effective then throwing up your hands while the other side runs circles around us.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Right.

Translated to English from CBO garbage.

After the ignoring the 4 Trillion in tax increases there was 2 billion in cuts. We also ignored hundreds of billions in other increases because of the difficulty of figuring out the exact size of these increases.

CBO operates under a weird set of rules purposefully designed to increase spending yearly while lying that it is not increasing. In fact under the CBO a 10% increase is often portrayed as a decrease. Because of the arcane rules you can rig the figures to be anything else you can spend the same money multiple times for example.

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Sure there were differences – in degree of statism. But, Romney held Obama tight on policy during the election. So, the uninformed masses can be forgiven for not being able to figure out the differences and sticking with the horse that they knew.

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

actually sweetcheeks, i am disgusted with the non-testical, drunk, tanned, crybaby. and all the spineless cowards that voted him back in. I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y!

GhoulAid on January 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

And it’s not going to stop until it collapses under its own weight.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Go vote for hillary then. You will have plenty of company.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Right. Vote for the lesser of evils.

Sorry but I will not vote for evil period. Got it.

I did not vote for Romney or Obama. Both were pure evil neither deserved my vote and neither got it.

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Did the GOP have spending under control with Bush in charge?

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Tell me the difference?

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:05 Pm

The difference is the un-ideal versus the completely unacceptable.
Honestly, I think that in-actction and encouraging others to peruse the same wrong headed path in the face of this existential threat to the country is nothing less than traitorous.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Go vote for hillary then. You will have plenty of company.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM

You can be as indignant as you like. I was indignant that Romney refused to make a case for free market and individualist principles and policies. After watching the same story two Presidential cycles in a row, I’ve given up expecting much of anything from the GOP. We’ll see who is forced down my throat in 2016 (because the “process” will be decided long before I get a chance to vote in the primary) and whether or not they can make a half-assed compelling case to vote for their candidate. If they can’t convince me when I want to be convinced, my vote will be meaningless anyway because the GOP will be going down in flames once more.

besser tot als rot on January 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM

How well is your campaign working? Did the frog jump out of the boiling water?
V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Most of us voted for Romney and McCain, include Malkin I’d guess. Yelling at hotair commenters for not running presidential campaigns is silly. We live in a country in which, until very recently, voters self-identified as conservative over liberal 2:1. The best way for the GOP to win is to run a full spectrum conservative. Romney was a progressive, and McCain was only conservative on national security. They both lost. Same thing will happen if another moderate is the GOP nominee in 2016.

sauldalinsky on January 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM

The person telling you it tastes like crap, isn’t your enemy.

sharrukin

Funny…isn’t that what Obama told us about Romney? And you joined in with him. No wonder you’re ok with his re-election.

xblade on January 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Piers Morgan hosts Alex Jones? Does it really make him look better, or just more ridiculous?

tom on January 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Being yelled at does not equal being threatened with death.

So, are you dishonestly arguing against Dowdified quote fragments on purpose, or do you just fail at reading comprehension?

CapnObvious on January 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Then you deserve to be criticized. You are the problem.

Dante on January 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

KJ is a mensch and a patriot.
YOU are classless trash.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

And it’s not going to stop until it collapses under its own weight.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

That’s the country you are talking about. The USA. You think it best to sit back in the face of that… Yeah, this is at the heart of my problem with folks like you, you don’t wish the worst on the country in order to tech it a lesson like you don’t send your daughter out to get gang raped to teach her about chastity. I’m a patriot, I can’t sit by and watch the collapse.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Calling people traitors isn’t going to do the trick either.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Yes McCain against Obama Care.

Romney all for it and more.

McCain most told the truth.

Romney flipflopped so much he did not need to buy fuel when using his Yacht. He was pro choice to those that wanted him to be that pro life narrowly to those that wanted that. He would not abide by the GOP platform on Pro Life though he was too statist to do that.

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I’m a patriot, I can’t sit by and watch the collapse.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

True.

You seem to be trying very hard to engineer the collapse yourself.

Steveangell on January 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM

xblade on January 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

He was right, and so was Romney. They are both useless men who are totally inadequate to the task at hand.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I remember a certain number of websites website doing the same thing with unions recently. Can’t exactly pinpoint which websites but maybe someone else can.

lester on January 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Ok, this is where I blow up…

SINCE WHEN HAVE ANY OF THESE D@MN COMPROMISES BEEN “MOMENTARY”?!?!?!?!?

Please… name these compromises that have been momentary!

dominigan on January 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I’m a patriot, I can’t sit by and watch the collapse.

V7_Sport on January 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

It’s cute that you think you’re going to have a choice. It is going to happen because neither party is even prepared to cut back on making the problem worse, much less try to fix anything.

sharrukin on January 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM

It is clear from Allahpundit’s past and present blogs that he has little in-depth understanding of at least some parts of the Constitution.

I refer commenter’s here to Dr. Vieira’s new two volume work entitled; “The Sword and Sovereignty: The Constitutional Principles of “the Militia of the Several States” (Constitutional Homeland Security). After reading it one might really understand the full meaning of the 2nd Amendment and perhaps the preamble to the Bill of Rights often not included even by the Heritage Foundation’s copy of the Constitution/Amendments.

No free American needs any special reason, excuse, license, or permission to possess firearms or to go armed at home or in most public or private places, because these are not only constitutional rights, but also constitutional duties.[1] The Constitution is every American’s reason, license, and requirement to be armed. And therefore the notions that whole classes of firearms suitable for Militia service can be proscribed by giving them bad names, or that huge geographical zones can be carved out in which individuals can be prohibited from exercising and performing their constitutional rights and especially duties, dissolve in the acid of their own absurdity. See his 8-part series here (http://edwinvieira.com/edwin16.htm)

{1] The limiting adjective “most” is necessary, because some exceptions are conceivable: for example, when a citizen visits a prisoner in a public jail; or when a private owner requests that his guests not bring firearms onto his property.

Despite his demeanor and frustration (understandable with the legacy media) just about every point Jones made was basically correct. Let’s take the weak-minded bloggers here who commented about Tower 7s collapse on 9/11 and their “Truther slures.” The collapse reached free fall speed for over 2.5 seconds meaning 405 structural steel member connections had to be precisely severed every second for that building to collapse as it did. Impossible for a Class I building suffering minor damage and fires already mostly extingusihed at the time of collapse tp undergo. The 9/11 Commission refused to include its collapse in their 2004 Report because it was embarassing to its conclusions. In violation of national fire codes and regulations, materials were removed before forensic material science experts had a chance to collect everything needed to complete a full and comprehensive investigation – but private investigators collected enough to prove the building was intentionally brought down late on the afternoon of 11SEP01. NIST was finally forced in 2009 to admit its collapse reach the acceleration rate for a free falling object in air and to admit they intentionally neglected to investigate for explosive forensic evidence. Tower 7 is the smoking gun and preplanned/executed explosive demolition is the only way Tower 7 could have collapsed the way it did..

Falcon46 on January 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM