Ed Schultz: Gun laws apparently don’t even exist in Chicago

posted at 9:38 pm on January 7, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop and Newsbusters, gun-control fans can be notoriously ignorant about the subject — ask them to define “assault weapon” or explain what “semiautomatic” means — but I’m tempted to give Schultz the benefit of the doubt here just because I can’t believe his ideological blind spot could be quite this large. Even if you didn’t know the law in Chicago offhand, couldn’t you guess what it is based on the fact that the city’s been governed by Democrats since forever? And if you couldn’t deduce it, wouldn’t you at some point at least have stumbled across news about the landmark federal court rulings on the Second Amendment that have originated in Chicago over the past three years? Pro tip: There’s a reason constitutional challenges to gun laws tend to come out of deep blue jurisdictions like Chi-town and D.C. rather than, say, Tennessee.

So I’m thinking, maybe he was just being sarcastic? I.e. he’s saying gun laws “apparently don’t even exist in Chicago” because he thinks the cops have done such a terrible job enforcing them and getting guns off the street? He can’t possibly have meant it the way this sounds. Dude?

Comments

No, he’s that dumb…

d1carter on January 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM

The man is incoherent when he isn’t downright delusional. Why would anyone expect rational commentary from him?

novaculus on January 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Gun laws apparently don’t even exist in Chicago.

Well there are laws, it’s just that the Obama voters don’t obey them. Hence people get murdered every day.

SparkPlug on January 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

He lives in the twilight zone….

Scrumpy on January 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Complete the following -

Ed Schultz wouldn’t know a fact if it . . .

dissent555 on January 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

No, he’s that dumb…

I disagree. He isn’t dumb. He’s a liar that uses his lies to pull the wool over the eyes of the dumb. That is far worse than being merely dumb.

Warner Todd Huston on January 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM

AP. You’re over thinking this. Sometimes an idiot is just an idiot.

Weight of Glory on January 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Go Ed!! If you actually have that long over due coronary on TV, maybe people might watch your network…

I know I will.

BigWyo on January 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

“I know no-THING!”

ThePrez on January 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

This I had not seen :-(

Scrumpy on January 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I’m going to go with… I’ll take “What the hell has Allahpundit been smoking” for $1000.00 Alex…

Jihad in America: The Grand Deception.

SWalker on January 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

It was pretty clear that he was letting his mouth spew about something he has no knowledge of. I am sure he probably doesn’t know that the thingamabob where the bullets go is a magazine or that semi-auto means one squeeze equals one boom for semi.

Southernblogger on January 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM

A lunatic giving information to the voters..

Hence the existence of..

Low Information voters

Electrongod on January 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Heh. Chicago has been a one-party metropolis for decades. Under the control of the Demonrats, the ghetto, the illegal aliens, and the union/mob.

Jaibones on January 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Ed Schultz wouldn’t know a fact if he smeared himself with fact pheromone and ran slowly through a library.

SurferDoc on January 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

He’s that dumb yesterday he hung up on a guy calling him an idiot because he was saying Bill Clinton was tried inthe Senate after he was impeached. Schultz insisted that he wasn’t and that the Senate had declined to prosecute him.

Curmudgeon on January 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Warner Todd Huston on January 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Nope, he had ND in tonight’s game…he’s dumb.

d1carter on January 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Someone should post a side by side comparison between the laws in the two cities. Bet there’s not much difference

AZfederalist on January 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I can’t quote chapter or verse, but I’d guess Chicago has more gun laws than Schultzie has brain cells.

locomotivebreath1901 on January 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Ed Shultz is that dumb…And he’s a wife beater.

sentinelrules on January 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Yep that’s what he meant and he is that dumb. He was clearly discussing laws, not enforcement.

Fezzik on January 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

The man is a flaming liberal. That means bending reality to suit his own purpose. ie ‘There is a lot of gun violence in Chicago, therefore there must be very lax gun laws there, therefore we need to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens’.

ChrisL7412 on January 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Southernblogger

You oaf … bullets don’t go in a magazine … those “blow subscription cards” go in a magazine …. ;)

BD57 on January 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

dude.
this BCS game is suckin so bad that I might even think about commenting about ed shultz

ted c on January 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

A special kind of stupid.

Philly on January 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Ed Shultz is that dumb…And he’s a wife beater.

sentinelrules on January 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Ed Schultz is so damned stupid, if you handed him a 1911 and asked him to check if it was loaded the first thing he would do is try to look down the barrel, and probably shoot himself in the head.

SWalker on January 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Blatantly stolen from another blog for the PAIN….

brookly red
77 | January 7, 2013 9:45 pm

wow hate to disturb the football but a poster on the Washington Examiner just blew me away…

U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts: $385

kinda scary…

SWalker on January 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM

SWalker on January 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM

At least he would miss any vital organ.

Curmudgeon on January 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM

In keeping with my new code of selective recusal of all things which might increase the popularity, funding or legitimacy of any lying liberal traitor, this is my last ever post on anything having to do with Special Ed Schultz:

Ed Schultz is a douche bag.

Thank-you.

ROCnPhilly on January 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Things were not so peachy during the crack epidemics in DC and New York, either.

IlikedAUH2O on January 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Maybe he can do a live broadcast from there, a little south of U of C, for the next week or so.

Right….

WryTrvllr on January 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Results for #guncontrol

canopfor on January 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM

This morning, I flushed something down the toilet that was more introspective, more discerning, more sublime than Ed Schultz.

And it did not require me to plunge same in order to properly evacuate the bowl.

turfmann on January 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I don’t thing it is stupidity. These bastards will boldly lie to promote their agenda because they won’t get called on it. They don’t care what we say because we are a lost cause to them. The average Joe out there may or may not be an idiot, but he is very misinformed/uninformed and will believe what he hears. They count on it. That’s why you are hearing about people being pissed about their checks this week. How did that happen?

KCB on January 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Yet he somehow remains employed as a “commentator”. Think about it. Then say to yourself, “Senator Al Franken”. If any liberal ever calls you a dumbass, laugh. Laugh loud and long.

SurferDoc on January 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I wouldn’t know either way. I haven’t watched this dumbass since before the election, nor have I watched any news on tv. I’m finished. They’re all liars to me. Including, and especially, Fox News. Fool me once, and I won’t give you another chance. Liars. All of ‘em.

HiJack on January 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM

turfmann on January 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Well, that could be anything!

HiJack on January 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Tracking homicides in Chicago
2012 Chicago homicides up 15% vs. 2011
By Tracy Swartz posted Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:00 a.m.
*************************************************

Crime reports

Welcome to EveryBlock’s Chicago crime section, formerly known as chicagocrime.org
****************

canopfor on January 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Not only is Schultz is illiterate, he doesn’t know how to operate electronic devices. This severely restrict his ability to stumble across news. Don’t be fooled into thinking otherwise by his eye movements when he’s on air. Reports are his teleprompter actually just a standard three-light traffic signal with flashing left arrow unit added.

Dusty on January 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Chicago cares about money. You want to see which laws will be enforced? Follow the money…

A monthlong test of speed cameras near Chicago schools and parks ended quietly Thursday but Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration won’t say how it went, what happens from here or when cameras will be turned on for keeps…

…Mayor Rahm Emanuel is counting on up to $30 million in fines from speed cameras installed near schools and parks to help bankroll his “children first” budget without raising taxes.

Fallon on January 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM

And there are no drug laws in Chicago that fill the jails with drug crimes.

tjexcite on January 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Ed Shultz is that dumb…And he’s a wife beater.

sentinelrules on January 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

SWalker on January 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM

You say that as if it would be bad thing. You can rst assured no vital organs would be damaged

AZfederalist on January 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Ed Schultz= Sofa King WE Toddit

Rio Linda Refugee on January 7, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Ed Schultz: Gun laws apparently don’t even exist in Chicago

…can’t we get Ed to go by himself on the South side by himself at night and interview “the man on the street!”…p l e a s e !

KOOLAID2 on January 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM

[Jaibones on January 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM]

I was going to clarify your “decades” by finding the last Republican Mayor of Chicago, but I think I found that the problem may be simply that it’s Chicago.

Dusty on January 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM

In most cases with liberals it is exactly what it appears to be which is total stupidity and or total lies… Over analyzing what a liberal is saying is waste of time and energy….

mnjg on January 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Then let’s Start with Chicago, Ed -I know nussing – Schultz !

FlaMurph on January 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM

It’s possible that you’re among the large number of people who suffer from EDD. No, that isn’t a typo — I don’t mean ADD or ED. It’s EDD, which stands for “Empathy Deficit Disorder.”

I made it up, so you won’t find it listed in the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Normal variations of mood and temperament are increasingly redefined as new “disorders,” so I’m hesitant to suggest a new one. But this one’s real, and it’s becoming more pronounced in today’s world.

I’ve identified it from my decades of experience as a business psychologist, psychotherapist and researcher into adult development. From that triple vantage point I’ve concluded that Empathy Deficit Disorder is a pervasive but overlooked condition. In fact, our increasingly polarized social and political culture of the past few years reveals that EDD is more severe than ever. It has profound consequences for the mental health of both individuals and society. Yet it’s ignored as a psychological disturbance by most of my colleagues in the mental health professions.

First, some explanation of what I mean by EDD: When you suffer from it you’re unable to step outside yourself and tune in to what other people experience, especially those who feel, think and believe differently from yourself. That makes it a source of personal conflicts, of communication breakdown in intimate relationships, and of adversarial attitudes – including hatred – towards groups of people who differ in their beliefs, traditions or ways of life from your own.

J_Crater on January 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM

but I’m tempted to give Schultz the benefit of the doubt

I wouldn’t. The guy is dumb as a stump. Couldn’t find his own fat ass given a map, compass, GPS, written directions and an anti-aircraft spot light.

GarandFan on January 7, 2013 at 10:44 PM

ask them to define “assault weapon” or explain what “semiautomatic” means

I just did on twitter. The liberal dolt gave me a link to Wikipedia. Lol I didn’t let her get away with calling them automatics either.

Sad thing is, I know libs who are so stupid they will watch this and walk away thinking Chicago is the most 2nd Amendment friendly city in the US.

jawkneemusic on January 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

There are PLENTY of gun laws in Illinois… enforcement, however…

Khun Joe on January 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM

but I’m tempted to give Schultz the benefit of the doubt

No, most Progtards develop a dishonest ignorance when it concerns the failed casualty of their Big Government Socialism and the blame the Dimocrite Party deserves for the Wasted Human lives enslaved in their “Urban” Utopias, where they dare not venture.

Hear No Evil , See No Evil………

FlaMurph on January 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM

He”s lying on purpose as always to advance the narrative “we aren’t doing enough”…these guys don’t deal in facts or common sense, they deal in snippets of untrue innuendo and obfuscation…
We know it’s bullsh*t, but the idiots that listen to him (and his ilk)don’t…the waitress (or whatever) that heard that just assumes Chicago has lax gun laws, believes it, and repeats it at work, repeats it at the market, the bar, wherever, and the morons she hangs with pick up on it and assume she’s right etc etc etc…it’s the proliferation of propaganda to low info citizens…

just look at 2012′s election…

Tim Zank on January 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

The minions of the false Messiah don’t dare call out to him. Instead they look for meretricious things. More laws, more money, more envy and hate.

Ed Shultz can’t have another solution. Such a thought process would make a shambles of all his false beliefs.

The false prophets of the left think ink on paper will solve anything.

Hey, Mr. Shultz. Send in Van Jones!

You already have your Messiah running the country!

We at Hot Air wouldn’t have run off to Hawaii with blood in the streets. I know I wouldn’t!

Sheriff Joe Arpaio could clean this up in a few months.

He would even show his birth certificate and transcripts to get the job.

Who are the real racists?

IlikedAUH2O on January 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Ol’Ed wouldn’t know anything about laws, especially those laws that deal with spousal abuse and restraining orders, would he?

If anyone knows something about violence and beating the living crap out of an innocent woman, Ol’Ed sure has lots of practice.

He’s also VERY familiar with the purpose of a restraining order. He’s had more than one filed against his fat ass.

Just ask his ex-wife in Fargo.

NastyFreddy on January 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Dusty on January 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Wow, it’s taken from 1932 to now to clean the mess made by the Republicans and they still aren’t done. /s

AZfederalist on January 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Of the many existing Chicago gun laws to which Sgt Schultz is oblivious, here are the two most pertinent: Guns are prohibited from being sold with the Chicago city limits and are banned from the streets of Chicago. That doesn’t stop criminals from illegally obtaining illegal firearms with serial #s filed off and committing crimes using them.

stukinIL4now on January 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM

If this half wit had half a wit, it’d be lonesome.

LizardLips on January 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM

First, someone please tell Ed, there were less people killed in Chicago in 1929, when automatic weapons, including the infamous Thompson Submachinegun were legal for people to own.

Schultz and the rest of that crew at MSNBC, really should start doing some homework before they start spouting off. It’s bad enough some of the misinformation going around, but they bring it down to a whole lower level.

bflat879 on January 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM

One of the challenges we face on the right is, whether something a liberal says is because they really are that dumb, or whether it’s dishonesty.

Either way, what they say is almost always false. I must admit I’m guilty of this. I try not to, but I often wonder when I hear a liberal say something like this, “are they really that stupid or are they just being dishonest again?”

BruthaMan on January 8, 2013 at 12:29 AM

bflat879 on January 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I honestly believe they simply get their scripts from the Whitehouse and simply do what they are told. I can’t imagine anyone at MSNBC is actually concerned with facts or truth in reporting. That’s not what their objective is.

BruthaMan on January 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Curmudgeon on January 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

As so often happens with liberals, Ed will lie and then convince himself that said lie is the truth; because with liberals, the truth is what they say it is. Having said that, engaging in self delusion is pretty stupid but the libs really seem to like it.

GarandFan on January 7, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I would of so far as to say he couldn’t find his own behind with a geiger counter if he was wearing a uranium b*tt plug.

ghostwalker1 on January 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Occam’s Razor: Ed Schultz is just stupid.

RebeccaH on January 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM

After taking into consideration how many clueless posters I encountered here in Hot Air last year [the Romney benchwarming supporters] I think could use some backround information.

Last year I was forced to spend way too much time in ChiTcago so I was able to suffer from experience their liberal news reports, and the most notable [to me] was one where they reported on a Monday that ONLY THIRTEEN PEOPLE HAD DIED from firearms over the weekend and how they considered that to be a good thing. SHEESH!

Also, they weren’t too happy when they reported this:

Chicago’s gun law rewritten after previous ban overturned

link

DannoJyd on January 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Ha! Nobody watches the video because everybody already knows he’s so painfully idiotic they actively avoid him. That cannot be just me.

bour3 on January 8, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Mr. Schultz, Mayor Emanuel on Line 2 for you! Something about your fat head on a plate!

pilamaye on January 8, 2013 at 5:38 AM

dissent555 on January 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

. . . if it was a 100 lb. goiter on his neck.

BigAlSouth on January 8, 2013 at 5:43 AM

tell a big enough lie then slaughter you enemies. good little nazi

tom daschle concerned on January 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Why do all these liberals go to pot, growing giant heads, blowing up like blimps, and turning scarlet in the face and jowls the way they do?

Is it Algore or EduardoShultz or what??

No difference.

Sherman1864 on January 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM

If stupidity and ignorance were crimes, he’d be doing life at Rikers.

Bruce MacMahon on January 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM

He is being sarcastic. What is worse, he believes that criminals will follow gun laws, and is a bit incredulous that they are not.

tdarrington on January 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM

You don’t understand
The immutable logic
Of his argument.

Absolute Truth: Lax gun laws cause lawlessness and violence
Observation: Chicago has lots of lawlessness and violence
Conclusion: Chicago has lax gun laws

Q.E.D.

Haiku Guy on January 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM

That’s a feature, not a bug.

/lyinglib

Does it matter? Either way they refuse to get their facts straight. They’ll lie, cheat, steal, or kill to win converts.

mrsknightley on January 8, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Occam’s Razor applies here.

Buck_Nekkid on January 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM

No, I say he just knows the level of stupid that tunes into MSNBC and takes advantage of it.

MNHawk on January 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Hi Ed, you big-headed, Mardi Gras like dumbass.

Oh- ad hominem? Why yes, to start I’ll greet abject, contra-intellectual stupidity with the appropriate response.

The gun laws exist. Actually they are more stringent than most other places.

But oddly, the criminals ignore them no matter how many are passed.

Imagine that?

Marcus Traianus on January 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Never go full Schultz.

ZK on January 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM

You can pass all the laws you want, the problem is they are rarely if ever enforced.

IF a perp is actually caught and IF a perp is actually prosecuted and IF a perp is actually convicted, what are the chances some bleeding heart judge will give the perp more than a slap on the wrist?

NoDonkey on January 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

They don’t want to say Illegal Alien, and they don’t want to say Illegal Gun.

It does not matter how many laws you pass against these two annoyances, the criminals ignore the laws, the challenge in both cases is to enforce the law, not selectively enforce the law.

No one intervenes in the worst places in Chicago because it would be unfair to send too many of the perps to jail, because of skin color. The “community” won’t turn in the criminals because they are told the justice system is unfair. So they leave the vicious young men running among them, as poor role models and killers of their other children.

Barach Obama rarely shows any courage…he is, in his friend the attorney generals own words, a “coward” where race is concerned. He is not interested in Chicago, he prefers golf and Hawaii.

Fleuries on January 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

forgive me for asking…but who is this Ed guy? Never seen him…

teejk on January 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Don’t have cable, and this ‘shiite for brains’ commentator destroys any and all rationale for payTV. I mean really.

As one of the characters on ‘The Tick’ rather poigntly said, “You want to learn something? READ A BOOK!

Missilengr on January 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM