Biden: “Spread your legs, you’re going to be frisked”

posted at 6:01 pm on January 3, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Lest we let the fact that we’re looking at another long four years of an Obama presidency depress us too deeply, at least we can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that, since the president ultimately decided to stick with his running mate, we’re in for another four years of classic Joe Biden gaffes. …No? Not comforting?

And then:

As senators brought their families up to take photos with the vice president, Biden would always single out the mothers, directly calling them “Mom,” embracing them as he said hello and touching some of their faces. …

“Mom, I’ll see you in a little bit,” Biden said to the mother of Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., as she walked away. “I hope I’ll sneak over and see you.” …

Then came Biden’s odd jokes, like when he teased the husband of newly sworn-in Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D.

“Spread your legs.  You’re going to be frisked,” Biden said to Heitkamp’s husband as he was being asked to put his hands at his side for the mock swearing-in.

Maybe I’m too squeamish, but did anybody else find that a little blood-curdlingly awkward? Could that really fly as a passable level of verbal discipline for an honest-to-goodness Biden-2016 run?

Comments

Biden looked like a raving nutter against Paul Ryan. He was Heath Ledger on steroids. The American people still said he won.

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

The Senate is adopting TSA procedures?

malclave on January 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Now, now.

Probably the ONLY thing we have to look forward to…

hey, how about a weekly Biden gaffe in lieu of the now-defunct-because-it-was-too-much-work-and-too-many-people-enjoyed-it OOTD?

Tim_CA on January 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Tim_CA on January 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

this is America. We don’t work for a living – we buy Ipads with food stamps.

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Drooling pervert.

Ever notice how him and lester are never in the same room?

CurtZHP on January 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

He is so creepy. Bleech!

Naturally Curly on January 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM

People really need to understand that Biden is slow.

Joey24007 on January 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Uncle Joe…Unchained!

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM

It’s a big f***ing deal!

novaculus on January 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Vote as if your lady parts depend on it! PS: Ladies, don’t forget to donate to Obama/Biden inaugural fund. They’re looking after you, Babes.

Buy Danish on January 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

You know all those jokes about Joe here being like borderline Alzheimer?

Maybe there is more to those “jokes” than we are being told!

Because what Joe did here today is something most normal folk would consider ANYTHING but Vice-Presidential behavior.

pilamaye on January 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Wasn’t Biden in a bad car wreck early in his senate career and trapped underwater for awhile? Someplace out in Cape Cod?

He has classic signs of oxygen deprivation.

acyl72 on January 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM

this is America. We don’t work for a living – we buy Ipads with food stamps.

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I’m saying just 1 a week! I think they squeeze it in.

And it’ll be better because….biden’s white.

Ed won’t have to stress being called a RAAAAACIST, by the townhall H.R. Manager or nuthin’.

Works out for everyone.

win/win.

Tim_CA on January 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM

What did he say to the young woman at the end of the second video? She turns away body language trying to avoid him, he moves his hand toward the lower back portion of her body but withdraws apparently rethinking, she slinks past him and crosses her arms defensively in front of herself once back with the group.

Crispian on January 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

War on Women

Philly on January 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Tim_CA on January 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I really don’t like Ed so don’t antagonize me. I’ll get banned. Ed holds that hammer like a tea bag. Drop it like it’s hot Ed!

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Way to stay classless, Joe.

rbj on January 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Buttplug.

Bmore on January 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Where I work that would be blatant sexual harrassment – I guess that doesn’t apply to the protected class of politicians. I mean, who hugs anyone let alone even touches a member of the opposite or same sex these days in their place of work. Just creepy.

rsherwd65 on January 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM

And if a Republican had made that remark it would be all over the MSM nightly news, the Puffington Host, etc., etc., etc. but he’s a Democrat, so it’s funny. Disgusting. No class.

MN J on January 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM. i don’t even… how is one person this stupid?

Sachiko on January 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Let this sink in…..

The American voter chose this embarrassment as a better person to be VP than Paul Ryan.

….and he has to be considered to be a front runner for 2016.

….and he could beat almost any republican.

PappyD61 on January 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM

don’t antagonize me. I’ll get banned.

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM

lol…probably close myself.

zipping-it.

Tim_CA on January 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM

No! No, I`m sorry 52% America! You`ve stuck us with HIM for four more years too!

ThePrez on January 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM

you can be an insipid troll for years! but insult Ed for being an establishment Republican lazy jack wagon one time! and you’re on the ban radar.

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Hey Joe – get ready to duck, you’re about to get punched in the nose….

dentarthurdent on January 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM

PappyD61 on January 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Let this sink in…..

I wonder if that is what Biden is whispering in her ear? /

rsherwd65 on January 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM

lol…now who’s antagonizing??

I’m getting out of here ‘for we get in touble!

Tim_CA on January 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Anywhere in corporate America, that would be sexual harrassment and he’d be immediately fired and tossed out the door.

dentarthurdent on January 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Biden actually went for the hat-trick of gaffes today:

Biden – in strange accent – to brother of the only African-American member of the upper chamber, Senator Tim Scott:

‘If you need any help on your pecs, let me know’

If Biden were a monkey in the zoo, he would fling shit at himself. What a buffooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Anti-Control found a video of what might be Biden in disguise in his “undisclosed location.”

Resist We Much on January 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Buy Danish on January 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

But, don’t bother seeking a position as a top Obama adviser, girls…

Pic of the Day: Obama’s War on Women Continues

“Let me be clear, I gave you ‘free’ birth control. I’m done with you and moving on to other ‘clients,’ but thanks for having your family and friends donate to my campaign instead of giving you birthday and wedding gifts. Whatta bunch of wymmynesses! You’re the best!!! XOXO” – President Obama

Resist We Much on January 3, 2013 at 6:44 PM

When do we get to see the photos of Biden with a lampshade over his head?

onlineanalyst on January 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Remember when we had a really stupid Vice President like Dan Quayle? I mean, the guy actually misspelled potato!!!!!

Cicero43 on January 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

lol…now who’s antagonizing??

I’m getting out of here ‘for we get in touble!

Tim_CA on January 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM

couldn’t help it

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

What an embarrassment this clown is.

Not only is he a corrupt crook, he’s a representative of the United States. The rest of the world must laugh, we have a lying, socialist egomaniac as president and a corrupt buffoon for vice president.

darwin on January 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM

this guy is one heartbeat away

burserker on January 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Hmmm … most psychopaths are charming, but Americans the LSM somehow managed to go 0 for 2 twice now vis-a-vis the top two elected offices in the land …

ShainS on January 3, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Biden is just disgusting. He and the arss hole he works for are a perfect pair!
Can’t stand either of them or their family’s.
Hope they all fall a cliff together!

Delsa on January 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM

o/t: Report: Hagel Worked to Shut Down USO Port in Haifa, Israel

Former senator Chuck Hagel, said to be on the short list to succeed Leon Panetta as secretary of defense, reportedly tried to shut down a USO port in the Israeli city of Haifa when he served as CEO of the USO. The Washington Free Beacon reports:

“He said to me, ‘Let the Jews pay for it’,” said Marsha Halteman, director for military and law enforcement programs at the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA), which led the battle to keep USO Haifa operational.

Hagel’s campaign to close the storied USO port struck many observers, including the U.S. Navy and congressional leaders, as misguided. Those same critics argue today that Hagel’s animosity toward the Jewish state leaves him unsuited to be the nation’s next defense secretary.

“He essentially told us that if we wanted to keep the USO [in Haifa] open—and when I say ‘we’, he meant ‘the Jews’—he said the Jews could pay for it,” said Halteman, who recalled being taken aback by the comment.

“I told him at the time that I found his comments to be anti-Semitic,” she said. “He was playing into that dual loyalty thing.”

Hagel has been accused of anti-Semitism for charging that lawmakers on Capitol Hill are intimidated by the”Jewish lobby,” and of homophobia for remarks he made in a 1998 confirmation hearing, for which he has since apologized. Outgoing representative Barney Frank, as well as senators Tom Coburn and John Cornyn have publicly expressed their opposition to his nomination.

Resist We Much on January 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

meant to say, Hope they all fall of a cliff together!

Delsa on January 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

The Best of the Left,on Parade for the World to see!!

Jack*ss’s!!

canopfor on January 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Our National Nightmare is just beginning.

franksalterego on January 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Libtards, defend this idiot of yours.

Schadenfreude on January 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

How long before he just grabs some woman’s ass??

CurtZHP on January 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I was having a discussion on New Years Eve if the VP was a high functioning retard or not. We now have proof he does not rise to that level.

AndrewsDad on January 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

High functioning Moron!
That about sums up the Democrat Party…
Nuff said.

Delsa on January 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Biden reminds of a quote from the Peter Sellar’s movie, “Being There (1979)”:

It’s for sure a white man’s world in America. Look here: I raised that boy since he was the size of a piss-ant. And I’ll say right now, he never learned to read and write. No, sir. Had no brains at all. Was stuffed with rice pudding between th’ ears. Shortchanged by the Lord, and dumb as a jackass. Look at him now! Yes, sir, all you’ve gotta be is white in America, to get whatever you want. Gobbledy-gook!

Paul-Cincy on January 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM

He has classic signs of oxygen deprivation.

acyl72 on January 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM

That was another Jo. Mary Jo to be precise, and yet another example how the Donks get away with everything. Including murder.

HiJack on January 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Well, at least he didn’t say this to one of the wives.

NavyMustang on January 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Richard Ben Cramer wrote his magnum opus “What it Takes (to become President) (1992)” about the 1988 election. He included Biden who ran. He loves Biden. But he said, there’s no way Biden could be President, as much as he loves him, because he just says stupid stuff, in a disqualifying way. Of course, that didn’t keep Obama from asking him to be his VP. We have Forrest Gump as VP, next in line to the Presidency.

Paul-Cincy on January 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

darwin on January 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM

When is a crook not corrupt? Hmmm…

HiJack on January 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Mary Jo went into the water with good old Ted Kennedy and died while he saved his own arss.

Delsa on January 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Biden is a slob, with all the class and manners of a guy who regularly rents street hookers in his car on the way home to his wife and kids.

Liam on January 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Of course, that didn’t keep Obama from asking him to be his VP.

Paul-Cincy on January 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

…which Obama says is the “single, best decision” that he has made.

Pic of the Day: Judgment

Resist We Much on January 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Come on, I don’t care who you are or what your political affiliation the world would be less fun without Joe Biden.

I mean really, you couldn’t write this stuff if you tried.

Genuine on January 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Not exactly an American treasure?
I wouldn’t miss him one bit!

Delsa on January 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Liam on January 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

That description is a dead-nuts “ringer”.

That’s exactly how he comes across.

Too much time around Tedward Kennedy?

listens2glenn on January 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Liam on January 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

You make it sound like that’s a bad thing. It has all the makings of a popular sitcom.

Paul-Cincy on January 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I never thought I would say this but let us pray that obama does not go down because biden is it…if we think we are screwed now, BOHICA America if biden is the bozo in charge….

crosshugger on January 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I am at work so the LAUGH IS ON ME

I work hard so the LAUGH IS ON ME

I pay taxes so the LAUGH IS ON ME

I built my own business so the LAUGH IS ON ME

I voted for Mitt so the LAUGH IS ON ME

SOON, THE LAUGH WILL BE ON THE TAKERS WHEN THE PROVIDORS FINALLY WAKE UP AND FORCE THE COMING REVOLUTION when the “free stuff” disappears…….

SDarchitect on January 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

listens2glenn on January 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

At least Kennedy had respect enough for his family to not get caught in front of a camera or open mike that often. Biden seems to almost want to be seen. He strikes me as a lecherous uncle who’d embarrass his 14-year-old nephew by telling dirty jokes to the kid’s new girlfriend.

Paul-Cincy on January 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Except there is no laugh track and the joke is on us.

Liam on January 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM

this guy is one heartbeat away

burserker on January 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Not really. There are plenty of people that can chamber and sight in the next target pretty quickly.

Nutstuyu on January 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Pig.

totherightofthem on January 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Speaking of pork…

Je t’aime Bacon! The Bacon Eiffel Tower…and More Foodie Fabus

Resist We Much on January 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Genuine on January 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I dunno, Genuine. The thought of the process that brought this fool and his “boss” to the head of the line, and its implications for the future, sort of takes the fun out of it all for me.

Cleombrotus on January 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

When Giffords got shot here in AZ he visited and welcomed her to the “cracked head club”.

Biden has had brain surgury. Apparently by an amatuer.

wolly4321 on January 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM

crosshugger on January 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

No, give me Biden over Obama any day of the week. Biden’s an idiot but Obama’s Machiavellian.

Cleombrotus on January 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Via AllahP:

Seriously,, they poked around in his skull.

wolly4321 on January 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I actually feel a bit sorry for Joe Biden, because I really don’t think he knows his political career’s over not in 2016, but right around the end of 2014 if he makes any serious move towards running for president in four years.

The other Dems and the big media outlets may have been serial ignoring all of Biden’s gaffes since the Neil Kinnock debacle a quarter century ago, but trust me — they’ve been making lists, checking them twice and have a full dossier of all of the vice president’s mistakes. Combine that with the fact that the party has decided to play the special interest card in perpetuity — or at least until it finally stops working at the national level — and you can be assured they do not want an old wacky white guy as their party’s nominee or even as one of their prime contenders in 2016.

If Biden starts making noises about running for president, he will suddenly discover all the fun Republican candidates have had over the years dealing with a hostile media. Except that instead of having to pull stuff out of thin are to create controversies, they’ve got two-plus decades of Sheriff Joe material to work with.

jon1979 on January 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Double aneurysms at the base of his brain.

Heartbeat away,,, from something.

wolly4321 on January 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

PS: Who chose those crappy sofas and that hideously, fugly coffee table? It’s the damn Oval Office, not a man-cave in a finished basement.

Tell it like it is RWM! lol

Barred on January 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Was Joey sober?

GarandFan on January 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM

What the hell. I really do hope that the Democrat thugs run Greezy Joe Biden as their presidential candidate in 2016.

He is already showing clear signs of early-stage senile dementia (went thru that twice in my family). A Biden run in 2016 should provide us with thousands of hours of comic relief as we watch the Mainstream liberal Media try desperately, valiantly to cover up his many many many many gaffes, screwups and blunders.

Only with “Greezy Joe For Fo’ Years Mo’ ” would the white-glove Republican Party have a chance against the vote-stealing Democrat thug Party with its illegal immigrant illegal voters, dead people illegally voting, disenfranchisement of our absentee military voters,SEIU union thuggery, ACORN thuggery, Mainstream Media anti-conservative malignment, etc Etc ETC.

CatchAll on January 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Biden: “Spread your legs

…he wants to fluke everybody!

KOOLAID2 on January 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Biden looked like a raving nutter against Paul Ryan. He was Heath Ledger on steroids. The American people Dem poll worker car trunks still said he won.

Slade73 on January 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

S. D. on January 4, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Our effing leaders? in action….

That dude sure is proud of his potbelly in the second vid…

Sherman1864 on January 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM

So much for gravitas. Maybe he meant that for all of us.

Kissmygrits on January 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Uh, Joe, you are supposed to call your Doctor if it last more than four hours.

Fleuries on January 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

You’re asking that in the country whose idiotic population elected Obama twice? Biden could take a dump in the middle of the Lincoln Memorial and most Americans would still vote for him.

CrustyB on January 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Biden’s a perv. And I mean Sandusky level pervy. The way it comes out and the frequency indicate pathology, to me.

John_G on January 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM

“THE VILLAGEEEEESSSSSSSS ….. AMERICAS FRIENDLIEST HOMETOWN …….”

carson53 on January 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM