Video: The hottest movie gun violence from celebrities against gun violence

posted at 7:01 pm on December 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Red State, the sequel to this should be “Highest personal carbon footprints by celebrities against global warming.” The defense here will be that it’s all just make believe and has no influence on the culture generally or on degenerate lunatics like Adam Lanza specifically. That’s fine by me, but it sure is funny how eager Hollywood is in other circumstances to boast about how much influence over the culture it has. Oddly enough, it’s only the good outcomes that are attributable to them, not the bad.

Michael Moore once made a movie puzzling over the fact that while other countries have plenty of guns too, none of them has as much gun violence as America. Well, none of them has a glamour industry as sophisticated as America’s either, and there’s nothing that that industry likes to glamorize more than violence, especially violence involving guns. Even the people who start out opposed to it seem to get sucked in. I remember a college prof marveling at how real and sordid the killings looked in “Taxi Driver” vis-a-vis how stylish and cartoonish they seemed just 15 years later in “GoodFellas.” Note to Hollywood: If you’re scoring images of guys hung on meat hooks to the piano part of “Layla,” you should probably hold off on lectures.

These people are going to be awfully disappointed when their hero gives up on the cause early next year. He’s already preparing the ground to blame everyone except himself.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The process is called desensitization. Once you have become desensitized to something, it become acceptable.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

If only that were true of your constant sanctimonious preaching. Unfortunately, it’s not.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Online Streaming Radio

SKY.FM Best of the 80′s

=====================================================

Decades Radio

canopfor on December 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I read an article about three years ago on celebrities. It was amazing to me how many didn’t even finish high school or had little to no college. Absolute mindless morons. But they’re good at pretending and reading scripts.

JellyToast on December 31, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Went to school with Jamie Fox and John Barrowman, this I can assure you of, the degree of their success is not determined by their intelligence, but on their ability to lie convincingly.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

What was utterly unacceptable become merely revolting, the merely revolting becomes disgusting, the disgusting becomes nasty, the nasty becomes annoying and the annoying become tolerable.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Which brings us to where we are today in most facets of our lives, personal, professional and national.

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:18 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Tell you what, you read this, figure out what it means, and then we will discuss IQ’s and educations. Until then, dude, you really aren’t as smart as you think you are.

A little riddiculus gibberish

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hey Hollywood thanks for being such violence pushers.

Oh and you can cram your gang banger worship videos also.

SparkPlug on December 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Maybe I’m just unhappy about how differently 2012 is ending then I’d hoped :).

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I got you Dude and I feel the same way. Look at it like this though. This argument is working. The left is already backing down in some quarters with the gun grabbing. Public sentiment and opinion is still on our side going into this legislation Feinstein is talking about. But again, you think like the rest of us. I was curious about a comment I thought you made and really, it was about what we’re saying here. Won’t post it.

So I get your frustration and I respect your comments here, but we’re all saying the same thing. No one wants to limit free speech here. No even Hollyweirds. But this is fighting fire with fire. And I like this particular video because it is near bulletproof. (no pun … (maybe a little pun) intended). When have you ever seen a shot taken at celebrities like this on a position of theirs that was as indefensible?

And Happy New year to you. Your comments here are always good.

hawkdriver on December 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM

A little riddiculus gibberish

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Okay, Joe Biden, I’ll get right on it.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Phony azzed lying scum bag leftists in Hollywood with no talent save for acting like they care about the world more than other people.

All they want is more face time.

SparkPlug on December 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Okay, Joe Biden, I’ll get right on it.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Yea, I don’t think so. And yes, that IS my work.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Okay, break it down for me. Hollywood is full of hypocrites who say on one hand that our gun culture creates violence while on the other hand being involved in very violent movies?

Our argument has always been, “blame the nutjobs, not the guns. Guns don’t kill people, people do.” Is our argument now “guns don’t kill people, movies do!”?

Or, are we all just chuckling at a juvenile compilation that doesn’t help us make our case, and kind of hurts us because we’re (even jokingly) accepting the premise that something other than the trigger puller is responsible for mass murders?

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

That is the way of the world. I would say get out of your ivory tower. This is a fight and most of Hollywood has been a consistent enemy of individual gun ownership and American values for over 40 years. It is time they get a taste of their own medicine.

For example: Japan and Germany did bad things in WWII, and we Americans fire bombed Japanese and German cities during WWII. Does that mean we were equally wrong? Does that mean we hurt our argument on who was right and wrong? Of course not…

Plus the argument does have merit. What is more likely to cause a person to become more violent. Holding a gun in their hands, or watching people get slaughtered over and over again? Soldiers in war becomes more violent when they see acts of violence, this really is the case when they see their friends or just other comrades get killed or maimed. A teenager constantly viewing acts of violence must have some effect on them when they reach adulthood, even if they know what they just witnessed is just a movie.

Not saying we should ban anything. I am Simply saying we must blame individuals for crimes, although correct, is just a defensive strategy. In conflict you must have an offensive strategy as well, you have to show the other side that yes you can hurt them too so back off…

William Eaton on December 31, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Remembering when we had real stars in Hollywood. Not just celebrities.

John Wayne on liberals. This is a pretty good short clip.

Here’s another short clip on why John Wayne thought “High Noon” was un-American.

JellyToast on December 31, 2012 at 8:25 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I agree.

SparkPlug on December 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

And Happy New year to you. Your comments here are always good.

hawkdriver on December 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Thanks, you too. I doubt the media will report his video and anyone outside the conservative blogosphere will hear about it, but fine. I have friends at work at vote republican (when they vote), don’t like obama, and had never seen the obamaphone lady video until after the election. I guarantee you 90% of obama voters never saw it.

I just think we need to get on message like the democrats and just pound away at it… we laugh at debbie wasserman schultz and stephanie cutter, but now I’m starting to think their tactics werent as crazy as I used to think.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Yea, I don’t think so. And yes, that IS my work.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Are you for real? Do you really think people are impressed by “your work”? In college, I had long logic problems and math problems too… That’s actually really pathetic that you think that’s impressive.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I guarantee you 90% of obama voters never saw it.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

And they never will because the enemy controls the disemmination of information.It is our job to spread these bits because the low-info bozos need to be led to water.

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Turn off politics for a month.

You’ve lost your sense of humor..time for a break.

If you can’t laugh at vapid lefty celeb-u-tard hypocrites…you might be getting burnt out.

This is hilarious.

Tim_CA on December 31, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Well, then lets keep hammering the gun arguments on their merits. I think they can win. Lets not let the media turn this in to a what is more to blame — “video game verse gun” battle instead of what the argument should really be about — freedom and gun rights. Remember it was Tipper Gore who wanted to censor rap back in the ’90s…

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Yea, I don’t think so. And yes, that IS my work.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Oh, dude, I am truly sorry that your mangina is still so bruised and black and blue since the last time we disagreed. Grow up. It’s a damned shame you never solved any of those long logic problems and math problems. Perhaps you wouldn’t be feeling so inadequate today.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM

This is hilarious.

Tim_CA on December 31, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I get it. But it’s just not funny to me anymore. We’ve been laughing at the ridiculousness of liberals for years thinking everyone was in on the joke. Turns out, it’s not really funny, they’re serious and they have the power to do the inane things they want to do.

I no longer think its extremist fringe talk when the idea of confiscating guns is floated.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM

it was Tipper Gore who wanted to censor rap back in the ’90s…

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

One of the few things she has been right about

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

T-Minus……

Fiscal Cliff Countdown Countdown Clock

canopfor on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM

It’s been my observation that only people that are insecure about their intelligence constantly try to prove their intelligence to others and compare IQs.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:40 PM

T-Minus……

Fiscal Cliff Countdown Countdown Clock

canopfor on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Hmmm, If I get a six pack of beer right now… and only drink one per hour, I might just finish the last one as we go over the cliff… o_O

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

One of the few things she has been right about

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I know you can’t see me, but I’m smashing my face against the wall.

I’m sure your parents thought that rock n roll noise was a terrible influence on the youth as well.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Look in the mirror, yes, that is you looking back.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM

lol…I live in so. california…NOBODY else is in on the joke!

it sure as hell doesn’t make it any less funny.

Tim_CA on December 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM

One of the few things she has been right about

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Totally disagree. Censorship from the right is every bit as wrong as censorship from the left. I hate rap, but defend rappers’ rights to be offencive and their listeners’ rights to listen.

You know, a lot of the Bible is considered offencive by people on the left and they would love to censor it.

Resist We Much on December 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Terrific video taking their own words and actions and exposing their hypocracy. Im really sick of being preached to by them and by politicians. My Airedales have better sense

ldbgcoleman on December 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

sounds af if you should get a 12er (it is New Years Eve)

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

sounds af if you should get a 12er (it is New Years Eve)

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Hell I might as well, it’s not like I’m going to wake up tomorrow and not have a hangover… o_O

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Resist We Much on December 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Thank you for saying that. Sometimes it just gets exhausting arguing with people who claim they want smaller government, but then propose policies that would require bigger government every time something THEY dont like comes along.

lol…I live in so. california…NOBODY else is in on the joke!

it sure as hell doesn’t make it any less funny.

Tim_CA on December 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Also live in a pretty blue area. Maybe that’s why it’s so much more real to me — I live around and work with a lottt of obama voters and hear the stupid they’re constantly repeating.

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM

disclaimer: sarc tags are for nancies

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I admit it. I looked at the gibberish weeks ago, and I have no clue. Thought maybe an explanation of pi. Curious, though.

Maybe you could divulge at midnight.

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

The media will never say anything about it – or show it – but it’s already making the rounds on email. The link to youtube was just sent to me today, and I’d bet it starts showing up on facebook if not already – until they ban it.

I just like the hypocrisy it points out – although my son (who has his own AK-47 and .22 rifle and wants a handgun) thinks it’s stupid. But then he’s got 4 1/2 years of liberal college behind him, so he’s totally missing the irony and hypocrisy. I told him if he doesn’t get it, he’d better be ready to turn in his own guns soon.

dentarthurdent on December 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Maybe you could divulge at midnight.

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I’ll give you a hint, it’s heavy man… really heavy… ;)

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I’d probably drink the first half of them rather more quickly then save one or two of them to celebrate the cliff. Maybe you could call it a more progressive beer drinking strategy.

FloatingRock on December 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Maybe you could divulge at midnight.
wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I’ll give you a hint, it’s heavy man… really heavy… ;)
SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM

It’s actually the main control equation for the infinite improbability drive in my ship. I’d recognize it anywhere…..
Kindergarden stuff for Magrathians…..

dentarthurdent on December 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I saw e=mc squared in there…

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Dream-like violence is always exhilarating.

You know you survive, so it’s all good.

The allure of acting often makes moralizing schizos.

They want to be able to re-enact the mayhem while condemning those who enact the mayhem.

Bi meets polar.

profitsbeard on December 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Schrodingers cat dies? :(

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Gore was right and it really is 4 billion degrees ten miles down?

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:30 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

FloatingRock on December 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Hmmm, exponential deceleration of consumption… interesting concept…

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Schrodingers cat dies? :(

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I’d go out with Penny to find out…..

dentarthurdent on December 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Schrodingers cat dies? :(

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Mathematical explanation of gravity at the quantum level. o_O

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Mathematical explanation of gravity at the quantum level. o_O

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Nah – you’re just covering it up – big oil conspiracy.
Definitely infinite improbability drive.

dentarthurdent on December 31, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I don’t buy that. It has a quarky flavor to it.

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:43 PM

F.A.G.s

rayra on December 31, 2012 at 9:44 PM

canopfor on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

SWalker:Haha,Thelma,is that you!(sarc):)

canopfor on December 31, 2012 at 9:46 PM

it was Tipper Gore who wanted to censor rap back in the ’90s…

Timin203
on December 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

One of the few things she has been right about

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

You know, a lot of the Bible is considered offensive by people on the left and they would love to censor it.

Resist We Much on December 31, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM

WARNING: “Opening can of worms” ALERT
NED FLANDERS IS ABOUT TO SPEAK:

Why shouldn’t sexual vulgaity be censored?

listens2glenn on December 31, 2012 at 9:48 PM

A little riddiculus gibberish

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM

What I see is you using a logical fallacy to win an argument that has gone completely off the rails.

Daemonocracy on December 31, 2012 at 9:49 PM

It wasn’t a logical fallacy. It was and up or down decision.

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:59 PM

BTW, what is a logical fallacy? You would think a fallacy would be illogical by definition.

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM

It wasn’t a logical fallacy. It was and up or down decision.

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Left top down or right bottom up? I get so confused… o_O

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

“That’s fine by me, but it sure is funny how eager Hollywood is in other circumstances to boast about how much influence over the culture it has. Oddly enough, it’s only the good outcomes that are attributable to them, not the bad.”

Remember when Joe Biden praised Will And Grace for increasing the acceptance of gays in society?

holygoat on December 31, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Actors … people who make a living being professional schizophrenics trying to give any sort of advice to anyone about life in the real world. It’s laughable, especially when it’s many of the amateur schizophrenics who cause the problems.

And most of these professional lunatics couldn’t even spell “schizophrenic”. They are jokes.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 31, 2012 at 10:27 PM

POR, maybe that’s what logical fallacy is.

wolly4321 on December 31, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Bob Hope spoke about democrats also…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10_4

deimos on December 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If you haven’t read this yet, you really should…

Pravda to Americans: Never Give Up Your Guns

M2RB: Warren Zevon

Resist We Much on December 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM

our countries…..

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:14

“Our countries”??? Which countries? How many do we have?

Fed45 on January 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

our countries…..

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:14

“Our countries”??? Which countries? How many do we have?

Fed45 on January 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

…we’ll see…when JugEars gets done balkanizing this one!

KOOLAID2 on January 1, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Hollywood Hypocrites Thats just how they roll.

TX-96 on January 1, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Celebrity Hypocrisy At Its Absolute Zenith!

pilamaye on January 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM

What the hell happened to Steve Carell?

edgehead on January 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 31, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Actors should never ever be believed on anything and I do me anything. They are professional lairs that can control every part of their persona; be it body language, facial expressions or voice inflection. They can lie without even trying. It’s what they are and what they do. I don’t care if it’s a conservative or a liberal actor who is saying something. They just cannot be trusted because you will never ever know if they are telling the truth. Heck, I’m not even sure that they fully know what their “true” self is.

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I think this video weakens the point by having scenes where the actors are actually making fun of those of us in the gun culture.

aikidoka on January 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Yea, I don’t think so. And yes, that IS my work.

SWalker on December 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM

The closest I’ve come to reading that was doing time in high school algebra. So, what does it say, brainiac?

S. D. on January 1, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Recall a conversation on a subway train a few years back with an acting student who kept switching personalities throughout the conversation. When I asked him which one was his real personality, he was shocked. He no longer knew.

Cleombrotus on January 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

What the hell happened to Steve Carell?

edgehead on January 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM

And Brooke Shields? And Christina Applegate?

And worst of all, Amanda Peet?

I am heartbroken.

UltimateBob on January 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM

“Repeal the Hollywood Tax Cuts”

Among other things, I think we should spread the word.

Every time the idiots open their mouths. “Repeal the Hollywood Tax Cuts.” Tax the truly rich. They don’t need tax breaks.

They believe in higher taxes, let them pay them!

bertielou on January 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Awesome video. But I’m curious why they didn’t have a clip for Reese Witherspoon or Jessica Alba…..surely they’ve been in violent films?

terryannonline on January 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM

it was Tipper Gore who wanted to censor rap back in the ’90s…

Timin203 on December 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

One of the few things she has been right about

Rio Linda Refugee on December 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

You couldn’t be more incorrect. Tipper & the PMRC specifically went after artists without giant budgets behind them so their opponents wouldn’t have the money to fight huge legal battles.

They went after mostly independent artists: Frank Zappa, The Dead Kennedys, etc. In the end she got her ass handed back to her (I imagine it took several trips) and she looked like a fool. Hell, even John Denver testified against her in front of the US Senate. When John Denver and Jello Biafra find themselves in agreement against you, you must be a special kind of idiot.

I’m also looking at a list of artists that the PMRC targeted, and there is not one rap artist included.

And while all my lib friends worry about evil Republicans trying to censor our music, none of them will remember the one time in our lifetime anything like that was attempted was by a movement led by Tipper Gore.

SIDE NOTE: The PMRC is the reason that those ‘Parental Advisory’ labels show up on CDs today. Many record companies put those on albums it doesn’t even apply to because they sell more with the warning. So, in a sense – Tipper got her way somewhat, but it backfired in reality.

baldylox on January 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

So to stop crazy people from going on murder sprees we need…A PLAN! That’s it! Why didn’t I think of that? Thanks, Hollywood celebrities!

CrustyB on January 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

#Timin203 #SWalker

While we are talking about desensitization, I think there is another type going on right here in the comments section of this site (and every other). It’s the desensitization to ad hominem attacks on our fellow commenters. I have noticed it becoming more and more prevalent (especially since November). The kind of distain that used to be reserved for the vilest of trolls is dispensed on anyone who disagrees with a point no matter how trivial the topic.
Let us all make new years resolution to stop doing this. What do you say?

Of course, if you disagree, you might be a moron. (Sarc!)

BTW, this apply’s to me and many others here.

derCleaner on January 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM