Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

SEN. HARRY REID (D-NEVADA): We have been negotiating now for 36 hours or thereabouts. We did have conversations last night that ended late in the evening between staffs. This morning, we have been trying to come up with some counteroffer to my friend’s proposal. We have been unable to do that.

I have had a number of conversations with the president, and at this stage we’re not able to make a counteroffer. The Republican leader has told me that — and he’s just said here — that he’s working with the vice president, and he and the vice president, I wish them well.

In the meantime, I will continue to try to come up with something. But at this stage, I don’t have a counteroffer to make. Perhaps as the day wears on, I will be able to. I will say this, I think that the Republican leader has shown absolutely good faith. It’s just that we are apart on some pretty big issues.

***

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) released the following statement in response to President Obama’s appearance on Meet the Press this morning.

“Americans elected President Obama to lead, not cast blame. The president’s comments today are ironic, as a recurring theme of our negotiations was his unwillingness to agree to anything that would require him to stand up to his own party. Needed cuts and reforms that the president agreed to just last year were no longer on the table, as he cited an inability to sell them to Democrats.

“In an effort to get the president to agree to cut spending — which is the problem — I put revenues on the table last year, and I put them on the table again last month. Republicans made every effort to reach the ‘balanced’ deficit agreement that the president promised the American people, while the president has continued to insist on a package skewed dramatically in favor of higher taxes that would destroy jobs. We’ve been reasonable and responsible. The president is the one who has never been able to get to ‘yes.’

“The House has passed legislation to avert the entire fiscal cliff, and the president has never called for the Senate to act on those bills in any way. He instead has simply allowed the Democratic-controlled Senate to sit on them and lead our economy to the edge of the fiscal cliff. I am pleased Senators from both parties are currently working to find a bipartisan solution that can finally pass that chamber. That is the type of leadership America needs, not what they saw from the president this morning.”

***

Schumer instead blamed House Republicans for resisting compromise on a final deal.

“There are 50 hard right people in the House who don’t want to compromise. They don’t believe in any revenues, they say compromise is a dirty word. And Speaker [John] Boehner just as recently as last week played their tune,” Schumer said. ”You cannot make a deal if you’re going to let the people who are hardest right and uncompromising dictate what we should do.”

But Kyl rejected Schumer’s suggestion that House Republicans are to blame for the failure to get a deal.

“If the Democrats and Mr. Obama in particular don’t get more seriously into that discussion, they have no standing to complain about the Republicans’ lack of balance,” Kyl said. “This is not just a problem with the House. The House passed legislation that would overt the fiscal cliff, both on the sequestration side and on the tax rate side. They’ve already acted.”

***

“In the short term, Republicans are blamed more than Democrats,” Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kansas), the incoming chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, acknowledged. “I think in the long term, the political damage is to the president and to Democrats.”…

But while Baucus and Landrieu have to worry about 2014, there’s a camp of liberals who don’t want Reid to budge at all unless McConnell caves to virtually all Democratic demands. They argue their party could work its will in the new year and have a much stronger hand to rewrite the Tax Code. Liberal Democrats warn that their party base will be furious at a deal they believe gives away too much, either by not raising taxes enough or by caving on spending cuts.

“I just hope the president doesn’t think he has to give away all this stuff,” said Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa). “He’s in a much better position after the first of the year than he is now.”…

“We may get some disproportionate blame,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), “but there will be plenty to go around.”

***

Sen. Tom Coburn said Sunday there are some advantages to going off the so-called fiscal cliff.

“There are a lot of disadvantages. One of the advantages will be that the American people are going to see what the real cost of their government is — the actual real cost — for both the very wealthy. The very, very low will have minimal impact on them; it’s about $200 a year,” Coburn said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

***

Let us pray. Mighty God, have mercy upon us. Because of your unfailing love, because of your great compassion, let us feel your presence today on Capitol Hill as we gather with so much work left undone. Guide our lawmakers with your wisdom. Lord, show them the right thing to do and give them the courage to do it. Be their shelter in the midst of the storm, regardless of how high the waters rise. When they feel exhausted, remind them of the great sufficiency of your grace. Look with favor on our nation and save us from self-inflicted wounds. We pray in your strong name. Amen.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Safely sequestered in solitude until they get over the trauma of their experience, which should take, oh, I don’t know, about four more years.

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Even drunk, lobotomized, and 24 hours stone dead most of you are way smarter than HAL.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Thought I’d flesh that out a bit more.

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Trevor Rabin rocks da house. That is all.

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I liked him in his days with Yes.

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Guitarist for Yes?

KCB on December 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

One of several. Does movie scores now.

Lanceman on December 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM

listens2glenn on December 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

why? Bill is revered now. That’s completely forgotten. Well, not forgotten, but people don’t care.

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I will not concede that Hillary is as “teflon” as her husband.

But suit yourself.

listens2glenn on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Slow-roasted Congresscritter. I like the sound of that.

As for Hillary, seems to me she’s a loose-end regarding Benghazi; can’t have that. Where are all of the other survivors again? Meeting with disease, concussion, and other assorted accidents perhaps?

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Congressmen roasting on an open fire…

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I do believe that this site is being used in an effort to download malware on your computer. My security routinely blocks attacks when I visit this site.

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

3m Douglas W. Cooper Douglas W. Cooper ‏@douglaswcooper

Sharing URL – http://joemiller.us/2012/12/allen-west-obama-in-fantasy-world-in-cliff-talks/ … #fiscalcliff notes from Allen West. #Obama in Wonderland.

==========

Allen West: Obama in ‘Fantasy World’ in Cliff Talks
30 Dec 2012
alan west, fiscal cliff, Obama
by Todd Beamon

Read more: http://joemiller.us/2012/12/allen-west-obama-in-fantasy-world-in-cliff-talks/#ixzz2Gb4Q0QBz

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Not drunk is he who from the floor
Can rise again and drink some more…

But drunk is he who prostrate lies
And can neither drink nor rise.

Jus’ sayin’.

Solaratov on December 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

HotAirLib on December 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM…Keep praying chai mp.

KOOLAID2 on December 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Steve Howe.

KCB on December 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

It has happened before. Two years ago HA corrupted my hard drive. Took three days to get it up and running again.

Lanceman on December 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

No One Survives…

equanimous on December 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

My concern is more for my 5 yr. old grandson than anything else. When I say I’m trying to :figure out how to make money” I mean how can I leave him in an advantageous position.

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

You do not think your grandson is going to make it on his own? And what is that being worried about the future of a 5 years old kid? Are his parents losers who cannot take care of him?

mnjg on December 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Steve Howe.

KCB on December 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

That cokehead from the Dodgers?

What’s the frequency, Kenneth?

Lanceman on December 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I will not concede that Hillary is as “teflon” as her husband.

But suit yourself.

listens2glenn on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

hehe

naive

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Congressmen roasting on an open fire…

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Liberals hanging by their toes…

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM

*rooting for the cliff…

equanimous on December 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Rock of ages, cliff for me.♫

*it’s one of my favorite hymns*

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM

That cokehead from the Dodgers?

What’s the frequency, Kenneth?

Lanceman on December 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Heh – the baseball player was a different Steve Howe.

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Cliff Burton
Cliff Claven
Cliff Robinson

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

mnjg on December 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

His Father disappeared before my grandson was born and his Mom is deceased. A 5 yr. old can’t make it on his own. He lives with me and I am his guardian.

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I use AdBlockPlus and DoNotTrack and have not had problems with any sites for a very long time. Highly recommended. It also helps with loads and cutting down on a lot of annoying stuff.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Dear Lord Jesus…One who experienced unimaginable pain…please help us with this fake cliff…because Obama cut his vacation short…because Harry Reid says Congress is do-nothing…because Tea Party Republicans hold us hostage when all we need is EIGHT DAYS OF FUNDS…Amen

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

There are a lot of times I disagree with Tom Coburn however, in this case, he may be more right than even he knows. I personally look forward to these talks collapsing and the cliff happening because, even if Republicans get blamed, people are going to realize that none of this is free. Plus, despite the new revenue, Obama and company are asking to raise the debt ceiling, people are really going to get upset because, they’re paying this extra money and Obama’s just blowing it and asking for more.

bflat879 on December 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

You’re a good man; he’s a blessed young man. :)

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

TD Washington – about to go ahead 21-10.

10 minutes left, but I think they have it in the bag.

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I sincerely apologize for my earlier comment since I did not know the situation… God bless you for taking care of him… Again my sincere apologies…

mnjg on December 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Cliff Burton
Cliff Claven
Cliff Robinson

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Cliff notes. Can you tell I’m bored tonight?

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Cliff Burton
Cliff Claven
Cliff Robinson

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Gertrude and Heathcliff

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

The results of a CNN/ORC International poll in Washington released Sunday showed 85 percent of Democrats and independents willing to back Clinton if she decides to run for president.

I will not concede that Hillary is as “teflon” as her husband.

But suit yourself.

listens2glenn on December 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I’m not so sure :(

wolverinefan on December 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

mnjg on December 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You’re ok. You didn’t know.

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

bflat879 on December 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Yeah, I just don’t know how many of the ‘problem’ people – the ‘moochers’, as it were – are going to feel any pain, or be forced to see ‘that none of this is free’. The people who are going to hurt are the ones who essentially are working, aren’t scarfing up much ‘free’ stuff, etc – aren’t they? Folks scamming the system – what are they going to feel when we go over the cliff? Are their goodies going to dry up in January?

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Gertrude and Heathcliff

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Gertrude? Help?

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Clifford The Big Red Dog.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

bflat879 on December 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

what new revenue?

Taxes don’t mean raised revenue. FVCK! Can we stop capitulating to Dem retardation?

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Entrance question:

Trevor Rabin is a naturalized U.S. citizen. Is he an African-American?

Lanceman on December 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM

No, he’s a legal U.S. American.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

There are working-class lefties and moderates. If this will just get them to open their eyes it will help.

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Gertrude? Help?

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Red Skelton! pred must be old like me.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Here we,er the (USA) goes,the FILTHY RICH CARD!

Kiko Mendoza ‏@Kik0Man_

Breaking News: Washington pushes United States to edge of fiscal cliff: 1 of 14. U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mit… http://bit.ly/YDMyOM
========

Obama says Republicans have grouped to protect rich friends

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

May all who use the term “revenue” instead of taxes, as regards the ‘cliff’ or any gov’t, roast slowly in Hades.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Cliff notes. Can you tell I’m bored tonight?

Vince on December 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Nice!

Personal comment about Cliff Notes – the last book I had to read and analyze before graduating from high school was The Sounds and the Fury. The Cliff Notes were of little help in helping me unravel the weird prose of that tome.

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Obama says Republicans have grouped to protect rich friends

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Says the azzhole who’s brung, financed and protected by rich ‘friends’.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Gertrude? Help?

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

bflat879 on December 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Raising taxes on the jobs creators (those making more than $ 200,00 a year) will be a disaster for the economy… Raising taxes on everyone will be even much worse…

The political solution here is the following.

Republicans in the House must pass two separate bills.

Bill # 1: Extend the Bush tax cuts for those making up to $ 200,000 a year (single) up $ 250,000 a year (couples). The Senate will pass this bill and Obama will sign it.

Bill # 2: Also extend the Bush tax cuts for those making more than $ 200,000 a year (single) $ 250,000 a year (couples). The Senate democrats may not bring this bill to the floor and even if they did and it passes then Obama will veto it… However by doing so the economy will tank badly and all because Obama and the democrats decided to raise the taxes on the job creators…

mnjg on December 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Red Skelton! pred must be old like me.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Gonna have to look up that one… :)

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Cliff Huxtable

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Red Skelton! pred must be old like me.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

61 in April. *I now qualify for the senior membership rates at the golf course.*

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Never mind, just saw predator’s link

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Cliff Hanger.

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Cliff Dweller.

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Americans never give up your guns

These days, there are few few things to admire about the socialist, bankrupt and culturally degenerating USA, but at least so far, one thing remains: the right to bare arms and use deadly force to defend one’s self and possessions.

Of course being savages, murderers and liars does not mean being stupid and the Reds learned from their Civil War experience. One of the first things they did was to disarm the population. From that point, mass repression, mass arrests, mass deportations, mass murder, mass starvation were all a safe game for the powers that were. The worst they had to fear was a pitchfork in the guts or a knife in the back or the occasional hunting rifle. Not much for soldiers.

For those of us fighting for our traditional rights, the US 2nd Amendment is a rare light in an ever darkening room. Governments will use the excuse of trying to protect the people from maniacs and crime, but are in reality, it is the bureaucrats protecting their power and position.

In all cases where guns are banned, gun crime continues and often increases. As for maniacs, be it nuts with cars (NYC, Chapel Hill NC), swords (Japan), knives (China) or home made bombs (everywhere), insane people strike. They throw acid (Pakistan, UK), they throw fire bombs (France), they attack.

The excuse that people will start shooting each other is also plain and silly. So it is our politicians saying that our society is full of incapable adolescents who can never be trusted? Then, please explain how we can trust them or the police, who themselves grew up and came from the same culture?

No it is about power and a total power over the people. There is a lot of desire to bad mouth the Tsar, particularly by the Communists, who claim he was a tyrant, and yet under him we were armed and under the progressives disarmed. Do not be fooled by a belief that progressives, leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology. They hate guns in the hands of those who think for themselves and do not obey without question. They hate guns in those whom they have slated for a barrel to the back of the ear.

So, do not fall for the false promises and do not extinguish the light that is left to allow humanity a measure of self respect.

Stanislav Mishin

Colbyjack on December 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM

predator on December 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Yep…Gertrude and Heathcliff was a dead give-away –

Clem Cadiddlehopper (sp?) was always one of my favorites.

Great Show.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Obama says Republicans have grouped to protect rich friends

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Says the azzhole who’s brung, financed and protected by rich ‘friends’.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Except that lil barry said it first.

If anybody tries to tell the truth about his crony socialism and green energy scams, they’ll just be laughed at and accused of lying.
We should have been shouting about his Solyndra, LightSquare, etc., scams every place we went. But we, evidently, assumed that people knew about it and would see what sort of massive theft was going on.

Solaratov on December 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Call England. Ask them if they got more revenue from taxes on the rich.

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Great Show.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

And unlike too many comedians today, Red was not an America-hating, leftist kook.

predator on December 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Solaratov on December 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM

seems like we’re just as stupid as them. Or else there’s some massive Media conspiracy against the Right. But that’s not possible.

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM

We got a ballgame again! Redskins ahead 21-18, 6 minutes left!

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Mediaite ‏@mediaite

CNN’s Ali Velshi Goes Ballistic On Fiscal Cliff: ‘No More Details,’ Today Is The Day To ‘Make A Deal’ (VIDEO) http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn%e2%80%99s-ali-velshi-goes-ballistic-on-fiscal-cliff-no-more-details-today-is-the-day-to-make-a-deal/
===========================================

by Anjali Sareen | 5:09 pm, December 30th, 2012
***********************************************

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

We got a ballgame again! Redskins ahead 21-18, 6 minutes left!

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM

not if Romo has to hold the field goal

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

No, he’s a legal U.S. American.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

But he was born in Johannesburg.

Lanceman on December 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Says the azzhole who’s brung, financed and protected by rich ‘friends’.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Schadenfreude:

Exactly,Obama has got’ns thee most loot from Wall street than any other President
in Political history!!:)

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

…or if Romo has to pass the ball

…or if Romo has to do anything…at all

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Holy Sh!t!

Romo Choked!

I’m predicting

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Solaratov on December 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM

We do.

It’ll never get any MSM time (unfortunately) – and we know that.

Thank God for talk Radio, Fox News and the Internet Blog Sites (all of which seem to be regularly crushing their competitors).

We badly need leadership who will focus on calling obama out…loudly and regularly, in front of any camera pointed at them – we don’t have that yet.

(after the 2010 midterms it’s obvious the grass roots aren’t the problem – time to cut off the head).

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

interception

I’m a genius

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

or if Romo has to pass the ball

…or if Romo has to do anything…at all

(sarc)

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Inttception…

wolly4321 on December 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM

not if Romo has to hold the field goal

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Even better – he threw another pick!

Man – if I was a Cowboys fan – I’d lose some years tonight!

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM

predator on December 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

He was a greatful patriot and a great American.

He also worked clean – kids from 6 to 106 loved the guy.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I’m going to go seriously Off Topic and then turn in. I’m physically beat and if you read this you’ll understand why. I was at Lowe’s in Sanford, NC all afternoon filling out the material list for the garage at Mrs Hawkdriver’s (not her real name) and my fledgling farm/ranch. My travel trailer was maxed out with everything to build the structure minus the trusses for the second floor and roof. But all of the 2 by’s for framing the entire first floor and every sheet of flooring, siding and roofing in 4x 8 plywood and OSB. I was within four miles of the property when a cargo strap broke on the back of the trailer and all the framing studs and 38 sheets of OSB when right into the middle of a busy two-way road.

I was frantic. I was pulling the OSB off the road and cars were zipping by. Then one by one these people stopped and helped me pull my material to the side out of the traffic. One guy was even directing traffic. To a person, they all asked if I wanted help reloading the material once it was by the road in the grass. To get the material back to the trailer, you had to cross the road and the side the material fell on was too steep for the trailer. I was afraid someone would get hit helping me so I told them no that I’d call a friend with another truck. So, they went their ways. Couldn’t get the friend. Started slowly moving the material across the road. Two younger men who had helped pull the stuff to the side came back and asked me if I was sure I didn’t want any help. Before I could even answer, they were both hauling single sheets across the road and putting it carefully back on the pile I’d started on the trailer. They stayed with me an hour or so reloading. Would only take a handshake in return. Dave and Keith were their names and they were as country as they come. The salt of the Earth.

I love North Carolina and I love the people as if I were born here with them. Southern Hospitality and charm are real. So are their gigantic hearts. I cannot imagine the mentality of those that seems to need to run people like them down. So many of the liberals here are quick to blame all of our countries woes on their “backward ways”. I’ll take their backward ways any day of the week.

Dave and Keith, thanks from the bottom of my heart.

hawkdriver on December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Good evening everyone… ;)

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

s’up homie?

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM

hawkdriver on December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Don’t want to keep you…but great story!

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Washington pushes United States to edge of ‘fiscal cliff’

By David Lawder and Richard Cowan

WASHINGTON | Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23am IST

(Reuters) – U.S. lawmakers pushed the country to the edge of the “fiscal cliff” on Sunday as they struggled to reach a last-minute deal that could protect the world’s largest economy from a politically induced recession.(More…)
=======================================

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Canopfor, belated Happy Boxing Day. (or whatever the terminology is). And thanks for all of your hard work this year!!

TxAnn56 on December 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

so has hillary died yet? if the clot didn’t do her, watching her daughter interview shyster warren may have been the fatal blow.

renalin on December 30, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Good evening SWalker

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

TxAnn56 on December 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

TxAnn56:

Lol,….anytime Lone Star,and a belated Merry Christmas,
and soon to be,…

…**************HAPPY NEW YEAR ***********************:)

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

s’up homie?

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Eh, you know, just figured it was time to diddle the guitar a little and check in and see what was going on here…;)

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Good evening everyone… ;)

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

*grumble, grumble, back-shooter -_-*

predator on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

hawkdriver on December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

HD, good men recognize a good man when they see one. And they are always ready and willing to help another one.
Good on you and Dave and Keith. Happy New Year!

d1carter on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Man – if I was a Cowboys fan – I’d lose some years tonight!

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM

any Cowboy fan who thinks Romo is the savior – I compare to America fans who think Obama is the savior.

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

With your magical guitar riffs you are like Penn; and Axe with his tambourine is like Teller.

So reads the review of another critic who attended the HA new years eve rehearsal.

SparkPlug on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Good evening SWalker

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Good evening 22044…

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Good evening everyone… ;)

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

*grumble, grumble, back-shooter -_-*

predator on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

;P

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Game over. But boy, that Romo is great when the Cowboys are behind.
////

predator on December 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

SparkPlug on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

If we could only get Axe to talk as much as Teller… o_O

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Tony Romo.

HAH!

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Dave and Keith, thanks from the bottom of my heart.

hawkdriver on December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

All the people who stopped to help sound lovely, but these two sound very special. Glad you were able to experience it and get you and your stuff home safely.

Thanks for sharing the story – it’s nice to read about decent, kind people.

kim roy on December 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM

hawkdriver on December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Cool story. Good things happen to good people. You deserve it 100 times over.

SparkPlug on December 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM

The political solution here is the following.

Republicans in the House must pass two separate bills.

mnjg on December 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM

*bzzzzzzzt* Thanks for playing, but this is the wrong answer.

‘Political solution’ be damned. We’re past the point of ‘political solutions’ – we need *actual* solutions to the *problem*, and this doesn’t even begin to address it.

The *practical* solution – which would also be politically powerful, but that’s a side thought – would be to pass a bill that does two things:

– tax CUTS for EVERYONE. Not just keep them where they are – CUT them.
– dramatic spending CUTS; to the extent that taken as a whole, the bill forecasts a real budget surplus.

Pass that, and send it to the Senate while holding a press conference stating what’s been done, and instructing that the Senate *will* pass it, and the President *will* sign it, or the House – which is in charge of the pursestrings – guarantees that there will be *no* funding of *anything* that even looks like Democrats might want it funded, until it is passed and signed by Obama. No funding for Departments of Education, Interior, HHS, Obamacare, Planned Parenthood, PBS, United Nations, etc etc (fill in the blanks as you wish).

Tell them squarely to the camera that this is the way it’s going to be, and that if the Senate/President don’t want to *CUT* taxes, but would rather let them increase, that’s on *THEM*, but as for standing with the people and the economy and actually taking steps to FIX THE PROBLEM, the House continues to be ‘on the job’; mean it, then go home and let the Senate and Obama own it if they don’t play ball.

And it might help if you replace Boehner first.

Yeah, elections have consequences – and the House was ELECTED with a GOP majority, and they were sent there not to suck Obama’s privates, but to do what we’ve asked them to do – AND THIS. IS. IT.

My two cents.

Midas on December 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM

2013!

Welcome…

Lie and deceits..

Blood clots a plenty..

Electrongod on December 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM

The Cliff’s Edge

predator on December 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM

hawkdriver on December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

hawkdriver:

In case we don’t bump into each other,
have a Happy New Year,and to you and
your family,or,your better half————————:)

canopfor on December 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Bwwwaaah. Good Comeback. Axe might want to borrow my Pistol Shrimp to blast you for that one.

SparkPlug on December 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

If we could only get Axe to talk as much as Teller… o_O

SWalker on December 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Add my mother-in-law to that list.

(I kid of course, I like….Axe)

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

hawkdriver on December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

In NYC they would have pushed you in front of a speeding semi.

Ok, most NY’ers I have met were great people, but the city is still a blue hell.

Bishop on December 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Slade73 on December 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Interesting point. They’re stuck with Romo for now, and we’re stuck with Obama.

On FB I called Mother Jones propaganda for liberal sheeple and some lib wanted to argue with that. I gotta stay off that page for a while. At least until the morning.

22044 on December 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Anyone see this Youtube piece?

Good response to that stupid “Demand a Plan” crap.

wargamer6 on December 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM