Hot Air’s Top 40 for 2012: 21-30

posted at 12:31 pm on December 30, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Once again, we’re looking back at the Hot Air posts that garnered the most traffic in 2012.  We had plenty of off-the-mark prognostication in this set, but a couple of surprises, too.  Enjoy the trip down Memory Lane; we’ll be back with 11-20 tomorrow.

Comments

#29 – Video: What a history lesson can do for an Occupier – What can a survivor of the Soviet Union teach an Occupier? Plenty, as this video proved, although it’s still unclear whether the Occupier was capable of comprehending it all.

The history of despotism and anarchy escape their feeble, weak little minds.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on December 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM

This is a trip down memory lane I would rather not take. Too painful…. How could we have been sooooooo wrong?

sandee on December 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

#25 – Angry old man yells at Paul Ryan for 90 minutes – I’ve watched political debates ever since the 1976 presidential contest, but I don’t ever recall seeing anything as bizarre as Joe Biden’s meltdown. Not even Dan Quayle’s deer-in-the-headlights performance against Lloyd Bentsen was this bad … and neither had any impact at all on their elections, either

…it is really scary that Joe Biden is a heartbeat away…but?

KOOLAID2 on December 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Waiting for tomorrow (#11 – #20) – thats when Ed starts serving up the real red meat…

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM

…it is really scary that Joe Biden is a heartbeat away…but?

KOOLAID2 on December 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Joe Biden is a Chet Arthur-type VP. Everyone’s saying WTF is he doing there?

And then Garfield gets shot and everyone’s saying, “Chet Arthur? CHET ARTHUR IS PRESIDENT OF THE F’N’ USA???!!??”

cane_loader on December 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM

#22 – Open thread: The first debate – I don’t have the time-trend stats on these posts, but I’d be willing to bet that the traffic on this started picking up steam in direct proportion to Obama’s dissipation of momentum. This was the moment that made those later optimistic polls look so believable.

…and then the MSM went from first gear… into overdrive… for JugEars!

KOOLAID2 on December 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I am waiting for chumpthreads to claim that these were taken out of context..

Electrongod on December 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I am waiting for chumpthreads to claim that these were taken out of context..

Electrongod on December 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM

…oh peeeeleeeeze!…..his drivel and drool is starting to soak through the screen and leak onto MY floor!

KOOLAID2 on December 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Sniffles… :( Remembering the epic beatdown gives me pleasure but the outcome makes me sad.

Illinidiva on December 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM

It’s Mourning in AmerKa.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM

All the Obama-sh*t-consumers, spontaneously combust. It ain’t Beluga caviar, fools. Media, you first.

May all who brung him suffer from it, painfully, hungry, in the dark/cold.

Other than that Happy New Year.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM

It’s Mourning in AmerKa.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Heh…

Now that’s a keeper.

Tim_CA on December 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Also, starve the Looters (as in Ayn Rand’s bad characters).

Also, RWM, you’re working hard for America. She doesn’t deserve the likes of you any more.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM

#22 – Open thread: The first debate

oh yeah

cmsinaz on December 30, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Michael Barone’s prediction: Romney 315, Obama 223

I will never listen to another pundit or pollster ever again.

John the Libertarian on December 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I will never listen to another pundit or pollster ever again.

John the Libertarian on December 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM

At least one that doesn’t factor in voter fraud. I know I live in a district in Virginia where I saw it first hand.

Happy Nomad on December 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

How could we have been sooooooo wrong?

sandee on December 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Because we still believed that Americans would not – in large enough numbers – vote based on stupidity like “Romney will turn the USA into a giant cult” or “I’m afraid of the race riots” or “he saved GM”. Because we still believed that Americans wouldn’t vote to trade in this beautiful country for a fascist state.

GWB on December 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Michael Barone’s prediction: Romney 315, Obama 223

I will never listen to another pundit or pollster ever again.

John the Libertarian on December 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I will never listen to another pundit or pollster ever again.

John the Libertarian on December 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Happy Nomad on December 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

…I turn off the tube AND the radio if they come on!
…since…Nov 7th!

KOOLAID2 on December 30, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Too painful…. How could we have been sooooooo wrong?

sandee on December 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Leading up to the election, Romney was filling stadiums with tens of thousands full of enthusiasm … while Obama wasn’t able to fill high school gymnasiums.

There was a huge enthusiasm gap in favor of Romney, but the seemingly reckless calmness and confidence of Valerie Jarrett and her stooge during that time mystified me; they clearly knew something we did not — and my guess is: massive voter fraud, primarily with the electronic voting machines capable of switching hundreds of thousands of votes … without a trace.

Couple that with the following fact:
The GOP is legally barred from fighting voter fraud.

ShainS on December 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM

#28 – ‘Piss Christ’ returns to New York along with ‘Piss Moses’

Standing by for “Piss Mohammed”.

No? Why? Cowards.