Poll: OOTY Semifinals #1

posted at 1:01 pm on December 29, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

We’ve reached the semifinal stages of the Obamateurism of the Year Award, where we look at the top ten OOTDs and whittle it down to four finalists.  Will you show some flexibility, or will it be suddenly more difficult than for the past 200+ years? Will you think about the soldiers, or just complain about them?  Whatever you choose, I’m sure it will do just fine.

The top two vote getters will go into our finals, set for New Years Eve!

• “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it[.]“
  • “Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”
  • “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.”
  • “When I think about, ah, those soldiers or airmen or Marines, sailors, who are out there fighting on my behalf …”
  • “The private sector is doing fine

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

For more on the history and end of the OOTDs, here’s my post from November 9th.

Comments

Obama hates the Founders.

Electrongod on December 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Oh those pesky Founders done and did it against poor little bho?
L

letget on December 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM

The private sector is rosy don’t ya know

koaiko on December 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Obama is a complete & utter anus magnificus. Dumb as a rock, so dumb he doesn’t know he’s dumb. Actually way beyond dumb.

arand on December 29, 2012 at 1:14 PM

All of these are incredibly moronic. Hard to believe a sitting President would be so stupid and so self absorbed.

MrX on December 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM

These would be funny if He hadn’t been re-elected.

Dingbat63 on December 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM

It’s the soldiers, for me.

The other choice are features – not bugs – hence they are not true 0bamateurisms.

cane_loader on December 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Here’s to “private sector”…Nothing quite says “obama” like that quote.

I’m betting it takes the gold!!

Tim_CA on December 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM

“Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”

Get’s my vote… Hey Barky O’Dogeater, the Founding Fathers did it specifically to prevent exactly the change you are attempting.

Dianne Feinstein wants to violate the US Constitution. Yea, real shocker…

SWalker on December 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I went with the complaint about the Founding Fathers, but it was a really, really hard choice. But I went with the Founding Fathers remark because it so perfectly sums up Ogabe’s ruling philosophy: “I should be able to just give a limp-wristed wiggle of my hand, and all will go exactly as I wish. The Rule of Law and the Constitution are for the little people!”

catsandbooks on December 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM

The tyrant is also a fool.

Schadenfreude on December 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM

“The Private Sector?” I’m pretty sure — among a number of things — that it’s my room with ESPN on 24×7 … and shutting down golf courses where I play, along with cities when I fly into their airports to campaign govern … and multi-million dollar vacations with a private sector zone afforded me by the Secret Service, right?

Yeah, it’s doin’ just fine …

/Obama

ShainS on December 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM

“The Founders had no clue about current times. The Constitution must be amended. The 2nd prevents my 1st rights” — sesqui&crew

Schadenfreude on December 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM

The private sector is doing every bit as fine as our Founders.

NeighborhoodCatLady on December 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM

cane_loader on December 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Indeed

Great piano story you told last night.

Schadenfreude on December 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM

What’s so bad about this?
There are changes I would like to make if I could snap my fingers & get it done.
You would too, in all likelihood.

itsnotaboutme on December 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM

had to go with flexibility….

cripe, scares the bejeebies out of me…

cmsinaz on December 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Every once in a while a liberal/progressive/Marxist shows their true colors with a candid statement.

Obama hates the way this country was founded, hates the constitution and hates America as she exists.

Jvette on December 29, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I chose the Founding Fathers option. But it was a very hard choice: I nearly chose the servicemen were fighting for him remark.

While I would enjoy the continuation of the Obamaturism of the Day feature, it is also painful. Every day we are reminded that the current President of the United States, who should be someone whom we should we should if not admire at least not despise, is an embarrassment to the Country we love.

Kevin K. on December 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM

The emperor hates that pesky Constitution.

Philly on December 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM

This is a close one.

Fallon on December 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Avter vee have chosen zeh vinner, venn vill vee transmit zeh results to Vladimir?

JimLennon on December 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Flexibility…

That says it all about our little emperor-wannabe.

He’ll sell us out in a heartbeat.

Solaratov on December 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Private Sector, and man do I miss the 0OTD…

OmahaConservative on December 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM

These would be funny if He hadn’t been re-elected.
Dingbat63 on December 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Amen to that! Every day I still sadly wonder how America could have possibly done that to itself.

KS Rex on December 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Oooh that was hard to pick just one.

gophergirl on December 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM

The Founders saw Obama coming. They knew only too well that all governments tend towards tyranny. That’s why they reminded us that retaining our freedoms would require constant vigilance. We failed to do what was necessary, and now we must face the consequences — and they will be severe.

AZCoyote on December 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Bummer about that Barry.

DaveDief on December 29, 2012 at 3:07 PM

The Bamster is finding out how hard it is to “fundamentally change America”.Forward with the resistance!

jeffinsjvca on December 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Oh, come on. It’s gotta be the Founders quote. That takes the cake.

Othniel on December 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I went with the “Founding Fathers” comment. Obama’s total hatred of our Constitution and his lack of any American principles, are the basis of all his other stupid, incoherent comments.

RightlySo on December 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM

…the private sector… still needs to kick the JugEars jokester IN the privates !

KOOLAID2 on December 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Ver tough but I voted for the private sector over flexibility.

Ted Torgerson on December 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting

Hey, I remember that. I wonder how long Colonel Hassan has to wait before his lawyers can get it thrown out on failure of due process or some other legal thingy. At least the penalty for putting Islam on trial by way of the Colonel can be averted and respectful appeasement can be sustained.

BL@KBIRD on December 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Shows just how wise our founding fathers actually were, the foresaw barky.

If the private sector hadn’t been in the same bracket as the founders, oh well.

D-fusit on December 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Obama shows us that our founders were definitely not amateurs.

jazzuscounty on December 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM

went with this one , but there are at least 2 others that will make a great semi….the flexibility comment and the private sector.

Really enjoyed this segment of the Sunday edition, what a shame it’s going away.

Who will keep track of the barry gaffs?

DiabloAzure on December 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Just the other day he said the economy was fine so it’s ok to raise taxes on half the country.

Kissmygrits on December 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

wow, i thought the ‘flexibility quote’ would have come in 2nd place….

cmsinaz on December 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

…as opposed to the sergeant sector.

ExpressoBold on December 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM