Quotes of the day

posted at 9:01 pm on December 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

How perfect can you get? Mr. Gregory interrogates Mr. LaPierre on the subject of whether to ban a magazine that it is illegal for Mr. Gregory to display but apparently easy enough to acquire in time for a Sunday morning broadcast. So here we have a possible indictment that would be entirely nonsensical of a journalist who was trying to embarrass an NRA official over an ammunition ban whose impact would be entirely symbolic.

Various media are also reporting that an online petition is underway on the White House website calling for Mr. Gregory’s indictment. It isn’t clear that Mr. Gregory is guilty of anything other than perhaps overzealousness in pursuit of the conventional gun-control wisdom, which is not a crime unless we want to empty newsrooms and fill up jails from coast to coast.

***

Let’s get real here. People who don’t like Gregory, or his network, or the media, or gun control are using his little stunt to express a bit of manufactured outrage, as though he were some kind of criminal…

This reminds me of when investigative reporters sneak weapons or banned material through airport security and then get accused of breaking the law.

Gregory had no intent to commit a crime; he was committing journalism instead. Gun owners often say they want the government to leave them alone; why then are some clamoring for Gregory to be prosecuted?

***

One of the problems with the ever expanding gun laws advocated by Gregory and others is that otherwise law-abiding citizens get caught up inadvertently violating the law, like this soldier on leave from Afghanistan, while criminals do what they please and powerful people don’t get prosecuted.

The guns laws, as presently constituted and as proposed, turn us into a nation of men not of laws.

What Greta doesn’t understand is that David Gregory isn’t being investigated because he’s David Gregory; if he were anyone else, he’d already be in jail.

***

The media’s argument in favor of treating Gregory differently from any other citizen who does not anchor a popular Sunday news broadcast is, essentially, “come on! Really?”

Yes, really. The media’s defense of Gregory is entirely personal – he is a member of the media simply doing what the media does. Even if this law is applicable to Gregory (a fact which the media seems prepared to debate), this particular infraction should not result in any penalties. At no point has any member of the media asked if Washington D.C.’s law, which is aimed at reducing the glamour of these extended magazines, is absurd…

L’affaire de Gregory has exposed an unseemly sense of entitlement in the elite media. If the post-Newtown debate over gun control has shown that the media is somewhat out of touch with average Americans, the Gregory episode has revealed that they do not regard themselves as average Americans.

***

Culturally, one of the things lots of Americans detest about the elite journalistic culture is the idea that reporters are above the law. Usually, this self-regard manifests itself in debates over revealing sources. Many journalists honestly believe they have special rights and privileges not enjoyed by all Americans. As a matter of law and logic, that’s not the case (which is why some journalists want to see the licensing of journalists). We all have the right to commit journalism…

And here we have David Gregory breaking exactly the sorts of gun laws he’s advocating (and, yes, Gregory is serving as an advocate in one side of a debate while pretending otherwise — which annoys some people too). His defense — and Kurtz’s — is that his intentions were good. Well, yes, I’m sure that’s true. It’s also true of roughly 99.99% of legal gun owners. But, unlike those legal gun owners, Gregory knowingly broke the law he expects the rest of us to obey (he asked the cops if it was okay and they said, “No.”).

Those legal gun owners must obey the law, even if they think the law is stupid or intended to stop people with bad motives. What rankles a little is the idea that somehow Gregory’s motives are more pure because he’s a journalist just trying to make a point. What rankles a lot is the suggestion that people keen to point out this double standard are easily dismissed as lunkhead partisans who don’t understand how special people like Gregory are who are unwilling to give him special dispensation.

***

Thousands of people, many from outside Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties, have taken to their computers and phones in rage after The Journal News posted an online database of local gun permit holders.

The database, legally obtained from the county clerks’ offices through a Freedom of Information Act request made after the shootings in Newtown, Conn., that left 20 children and eight adults dead, has been called irresponsible, dangerous and leaning toward intimidation by several online pundits…

Hundreds of callers have complained, claiming publication of the database put their safety at risk or violated their privacy. Others claimed publication was illegal. Many of the callers were vitriolic and some threatened members of the newspaper staff.

“New York residents have the right to own guns with a permit and they also have a right to access public information,” said Janet Hasson, president and publisher of The Journal News Media Group.

***

Since that’s where I grew up, I went right to my old neighborhood and clicked on all the dots. While it brought a sense of nostalgia, it also felt like a complete privacy intrusion.

Are gun owners now going to be stigmatized like sex offenders?

I think it’s an attempt at intimidation. I wonder if any of those whose addresses were published are immediate family members of federal officials or employees, and covered by 18 USC Section 119, which prohibits publishing home addresses for intimidation. Or if the internet publication of home addresses of gun owners can be considered cyber stalking, cyber-bullying, harassment or invasion of privacy under state laws? Just because the information is available under a FOIA request, does that mean it can be publicly disseminated? I’m sure they checked with their lawyers and felt like they were on safe ground, but I hope somebody sues them.

***

Over the weekend, The Journal News newspaper published maps with the addresses and names of pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland Counties. The information for the map was legally obtained by the paper through a Freedom of Information Act request, but it sparked a nationwide controversy among those who considered the map a privacy violation. This morning, State Senator Greg Ball weighed in by proposing legislation to keep gun records private and prevent the publication of similar stories in the future. He also blasted “the asinine editors at The Journal News” who published the map…

“The Journal News has placed the lives of these folks at risk by creating a virtual shopping list for criminals and nut jobs,” Mr. Ball said. “Publishing this information on a website provides criminals with a map of where they can steal firearms from lawful owners for later use in the commission of crimes. Preventing the theft of guns and their criminal misuse is an important public-policy goal. This map is bad for the good guys and good for the bad guys.”

***

I am not a big fan of the maps that show sex offenders, but at least there is a logical reason for posting them, even though the offenders often no longer live where the maps show them to be. And even when they do, how much risk do they pose? The maps can’t know that. The difference between the sex offender maps and the gun permit maps is that sex offenders have been convicted of a crime. The permit holders are accused of nothing…

If publishing the data because it is public and the public seems to be interested in the topic right now is reason enough, then there are endless databases to exploit…

I like it when journalists take heat for an explosive, necessary, courageous investigation that exposes important wrongdoing. There is journalistic purpose and careful decision-making supporting those stories. But The News Journal is taking heat for starting a gunfight just because it could.

***

Via the Mediaite.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Nice one RedCrow! Reminds me of a bad relationship I used to be into… :/

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Rosanna – Toto

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM

IS there any theme for tonight’s musical selections?

People are just Sheep.

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 1:49 AM

P.S. A very fine choice of song!

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I know the feeling but we will make it..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I hear you. I’ve just learned to pace myself. Some days I follow very closely. Others, I’m just too stressed & tired of the crap.
So yes, definitely pace yourself, but don’t be a stranger! :)

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Lol! I hope that you’re both right!
Oddly, I accepted a really (really, really) good job that starts the second week of January.

Everything looks real good–which is why I’m feeling doubly suspicious. (I’m sure Obama will manage to tell me that, “I didn’t do that.” He’s good at that sort of thing.)

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hey everyone I summoned Jackie.

Now for my next trick I will summon Dave.

Woah. You need some mad skillz to summon Dave, that is even beyond my awesome powers of summoning which I just demonstrated for you moments ago.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE GREAT JOB, REDCROW! That’s wonderful news!

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 1:58 AM

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 1:59 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Really like their music.

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 1:59 AM

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Lol. But they’re still together. No?
They see (and sing about) their many problems with the other but still stick together. (Really about a woman standing by her man?)

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:00 AM

davidk on December 28, 2012 at 1:59 AM

ROFL That is so messed up!

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Sorry, fell behind there. Major congrats on the job, RC. You deserve it. Now…just allow yourself to enjoy it!! lol

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Good deal..:)

PS..Sorry my post was confusing..I used a line that was the lead in to that song I played..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:02 AM

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Yes! BREATHE, RedCrow! Life’s too short to second guess the good things. :)

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 2:02 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Congrats..That is really good news..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Good evening, Dire! Great to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Hold The Line – Toto

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 2:04 AM

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Thanks. And it does really seem great.
(I went to their Christmas dinner at a swanky place, and I’d never earned a dollar for them. Didn’t know anyone except the guy who hired me.)

(That was weird, BTW. But, I got to meet a bunch of the company and eat at an expensive restaurant. They were “outrageously nice.”)

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM

People are just Sheep.

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Very cool..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Good evening, Dire! Great to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Good evening..Nice to see you..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Ate too many chocolate covered espresso beans before bedding down.

I was Punching In A Dream :)

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 2:07 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM

That first dip in the employee pool, getting introduced around, can seem a little odd… I generally spent the evening ( on those many occasions when I was the ‘new kid on the block’…so to speak) just trying to put names to faces and remember them… but it’s important… and it sounds like it went VERY WELL. That’s fabulous! :)

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Was it “so nice” that you felt funny drinking a beer??!!!!?..:):)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

ROFL

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM

My grandfather, the great FirePlug told me, he said “sparky my boy, just keep makin’ stuff up and eventually you will be right and you’ll summon up a beautiful woman.”

Dang he was right. And it happened on a full moon.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I’m afraid I have to bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon. :)

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Thanks, Jackie, Grace, and dire!
I do really appreciate it.

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Always tuned in and here for you, Spark! Goodnight, my friend. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on December 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Night Jackie!

Great news on the job RedCrow!

tom daschle concerned on December 28, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Goodnight, jackie.

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM

DON’T GIVE UP!

Great song; corny video

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Lol!

No–Listen: I applied for the job via direct resume on Monster on Tuesday. One of the co-owners called me two hours after that to set up an interview for Thursday. I got the job offer the following Tuesday.

Less than two weeks later, I went to their Christmas dinner party.

It was weird for me. (I’m kinda shy–okay Dire? Lol.) It’s just strange to attend a company dinner party when you haven’t yet worked for the company.)

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Yeah for RedCrow.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Yeah for RedCrow.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM

The co-owner (interviewer) brought up health care. I said, “Oh! You guys aren’t affected by the, ah, …”

“Obamacare?” he said. “No, we’re small enough that… …”

Funny that he said Obamacare. Also, the price that I’m supposed to pay each month is very low–sure to go up Up UP.

Still, I’m excited.

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Just picking..Sounds like you got a nice gig with a cool bunch of folks..Looks like you can “bring in” the New Year in style..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Still, I’m excited.

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM

As you should be! Just stay that way & don’t let your pessimistic side come out–lock it up in the cellar. lol

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Indeed. (You’re both right.)

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:29 AM

When will Sandra Fluke and Nancy Pelosi speak up about these crimes in the real war on women? They are too busy worrying about paying for contraception at the expense of freedom of religion.

davidk on December 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM

From the article you linked.

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:30 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Sounds like a plan..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Night all.
Thanks for the well-wishes.
(I am confident in my ability to perform, so I should be okay.)

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I keep traveling down the rabbit hole of YT videos. I can do that for hours. Ridiculous.

Gotta go. GOODNIGHT, CAMPERS! (Congrats again, RC)

4Grace on December 28, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Just want to double verify that my quote was a line from a movie Lord of War by Nicholas Cage NOT me..I know how confused some folks get..:)

Dire Straits on December 28, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I don’t really like the way the numbers are stacking up for next year.

First it’s an odd year. Second 13 is prime. Third 13 is unlucky.

2+0+1+3 = 6 which doesn’t jump out at you as being very good.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Not me. Other people get confused by me but I don’t.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 3:05 AM

RedCrow on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

…got up for a minute…ok… daughter’s 8 week old kitty got me up for a minute…saw your news…you left already…but!…GOOD ON YOU BUDDY!

KOOLAID2 on December 28, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Kudos to Sen. Ball for saying what needs to be said.
As one who is in his Senatorial District. Ball is extremely smart (USAF Academy graduate), media savy, fearless, and the hardest working politican I’ve ever seen.
Journal News – your worst enemy.

diogenes on December 28, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I don’t really like the way the numbers are stacking up for next year.

First it’s an odd year. Second 13 is prime. Third 13 is unlucky.

2+0+1+3 = 6 which doesn’t jump out at you as being very good.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM

20 + 13 = 33.

It’s possible that the epoch is also 3 — we wouldn’t know yet — in which case the cosmos date would be 333.

I think you can see this problem here.

Axe on December 28, 2012 at 7:13 AM

WTF is wrong with you.

Axe on December 28, 2012 at 7:19 AM

and another thing…
I personally know several active and retired FBI agents and police officers with handgun permits not shown on the Journal News (JN) map so in this aspect, the report is unquestionably not inclusive of all permit holders. (Thiefs out there take note)
Westchester County NY, one of the counties included in the Journal News “report”, has many “rich and famous” residents. I wonder if any have been scrubbed from the JN list. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

diogenes on December 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Are you saying that in their overzealousness that such reporters are continually breaking the law?

And since Mr. Gregory is a proponent of the ‘conventional gun-control wisdom’ you would think he would bother to follow the laws he is backing now, wouldn’t you?

And if the jails across the country filled up with the MFM… would anyone notice? I mean, beyond their shows ratings going up, that is, due to the potential increase in quality of such shows? And the papers would have more advertising space… might even let a few more hang on for a couple more months. If they do the crime, they should be more than willing to do the time. Heaven help Mr. Gregory if it was purchased outside of DC with the explicit intent of giving him an illegal good… that’s a no-no and would put any normal citizen in DC in the slammer for a good long time.

If you want to get to the civil rights backers who propose that guns are an essential and natural extension of defending oneself, one’s liberty, one’s freedom, one’s property and keeping a tyrannical State in check then you are going to have to do better than complain about the dictatorial laws that the likes of Mr. Gregory are backing: yeah, they are asinine laws, but the proper route to repeal them is NOT to break them unless there is NO OTHER MEANS TO DEMONSTRATE HOW UNJUST IT IS. Mr. Gregory isn’t DOING THAT. It is the pro-civil rights through arms people that want to go through the RIGHT and PROPER means of repeal: via legislation and abiding by the law by showing how backwards it is and does NOT address the problem in any way, shape or form.

What Mr. Gregory wants to do is make the law so backward, so asinine, so unjust that even people like HIM get caught up in it, and deservedly so. He knew, with malice aforethought, that what he did was illegal, was wrong by the law and yet he broke it… not to demonstrate how wrong or backward the law was but to give his support for similar laws which is just plain stupid. His best bet is to make a full confession in front of a judge, admit that he had wrongful intent and to accept the punishment that he deserves for intentionally breaking the law. Of course that will then make the pro-civil rights argument of how such laws are backwards, asinine, and only allow those with malice of intent to break them while the civil population is denied of the capacity for a thorough-going self-defense that can at least EQUAL what the criminals have. Disarming the law abiding to make them victims of criminals is what such laws are supposed to prevent, but in Newtown they did JUST THE OPPOSITE. Now such laws catch up to their backers and the protest we hear is to NOT ENFORCE THE LAW when it is BROKEN?

Now just who is it, again, that is on the side of civil rights, protecting people, and abiding by the law? And why do the gun control advocates want to PUNISH THE INNOCENT and yet allow themselves to flout the very laws that they ADVOCATE? Is it because they are against civil rights, against the inalienable right to self-defense, against the right to protect oneself from well armed criminals, and are wanting to make subjects and victims of the innocent and law abiding population? We already got commentators wanting just THAT by calling gun owners a minority and wanting to strip them of civil rights… yet if you put in any other minority and started saying similar on other Amendments, you would hear howls of protest. They would cry ‘unfair!’ and do demonstrate their hypocrisy daily in saying such.

So Mr. Gregory can be honest with all of us and a judge, plead guilty to breaking the law with intent and malice aforethought, and put himself at the mercy of the court. Sucks that he will then make the case for those he opposes, but he is not above the law.

ajacksonian on December 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

ajacksonian on December 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Just wanted to let you know, your thoroughness makes my head swim a little but I enjoy and envy your writing style and content. Happy New Year.

Fallon on December 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I don’t really like the way the numbers are stacking up for next year.

First it’s an odd year. Second 13 is prime. Third 13 is unlucky.

2+0+1+3 = 6 which doesn’t jump out at you as being very good.

SparkPlug on December 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM

20 + 13 = 33.

I think you can see this problem here.

Axe on December 28, 2012 at 7:13 AM

The letter B is also now unlucky.
It was my fave letter.

bmore,beer,boats,beach,boobies,burgers,bacon,brunch,bonfires,banana splits,BBQ’s

Now tainted w/
Barack,Berry,Biden,Big Bird,Binders,Birth Control,Bama care,Bans,Budget cliff,Burn, Bluegill,Bloomberg,Benghazi,Berkas,Belefonte

Its not the numbers guys..its the letter B…

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Its not the numbers guys..its the letter B…

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Today’s fiscal cliff watch and gun snatching episode is brought to you by the letter B and the number 13.

Fallon on December 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM

ajacksonian on December 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Chicago just “won” the distinction of being the murder capitol of America for 2012. I’m willing to bet that it wasn’t the majority of the shooting did not occur by those who legally and responsibly own firearms. Yet, Gregory and the media elite all want to talk about banning firearms by honest citizens instead of pointing out that Chicago managed to have 500 shooting deaths this year.

The latest-

Nathaniel T. Jackson, 40 was standing outside a store in the Austin neighborhood around 9 p.m. Thursday when someone walked up and shot him in the head. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where Jackson was pronounced dead.

MR. JACKSON WAS NOT KILLED BY A DERANGED KILLER NOR WAS HE KILLED BY SOMEBODY WHO HAD A LEGAL FIREARM. Chicago is a gun-free city. Yet, Mr. Jackson and at least 499 others were killed by illegal weapons. If David Gregory, Diane Feinstein and the rest of these morons want to do something about gun deaths let them start here and address the societal problems that have caused these deaths. Including gangs, lack of male role models for minorities, and illegal guns. It’s a pretty good bet that more than a few of the shooters in Chicago looked more like Trayvon Martin than the Newtown CT shooter.

Happy Nomad on December 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

WTF is wrong with you.

Axe on December 28, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Just following their plan to intimidate and shame gun owners.
troll sespigian said as much the other night.
SHAME them like smokers..thats the ticket!
Strategic in their thinking, they are. They are justified, ya know.
They are good,fighting evil. /

I hope they can sue-this sh&t needs to stop NOW.

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Happy Nomad on December 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

B-b-but, in October, Mayor Emanuel said the anti-crime effort was working.
It even has a great acronym CARE, Community Anti-violence and Restoration Effort. See, he cares.

And, in November:

Since the property was closed on July 11, there has been no criminal activity in front or at the property.*

*Note the hoodie in the “Press Releases” photograph with Tiny Dancer.

Fallon on December 28, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I hope they can sue.

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I would think that, at least, the individuals under protective orders have a pretty good case. But here’s the reality. If they start treating private legal gun ownership as a social stigma then all that is going to happen is there will be more criminals like David Gregory. People who know the law and ignore it.

Happy Nomad on December 28, 2012 at 9:16 AM

B-b-but, in October, Mayor Emanuel said the anti-crime effort was working.

Fallon on December 28, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I never believed anything the bastard said when he was in DC, why would I start believing him now? ;0

But seriously. Where is the real discussion of the underlying problems that result in 500 shooting deaths in a gun-free city? You don’t have that kind of discussion through gimmicks like task forces. You have it by addressing the root problems including turf wars by gangs, drug-related crime, and all the stuff Emanuel doesn’t want to talk about because it would be an indictment of the minority communities that make up his base supporters. In other words, you’ll never get Emanuel to admit that the bulk of these deaths were Chicagoans killing Chicagoans, usually by somebody of the same race, and with guns that are not hard to possess in a gun-free city.

Happy Nomad on December 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM

It’s not our country anymore, it’s theirs. Sam told us so. What that means is anything goes as long as it’s for the right reason, then it can’t be breaking the law. Got it?
The map is also a guide for the houses not protected by a gun and will be easy pickins’ for a thief. I’d be worried if my house didn’t have a dot on it.
I was going to get a carry permit but think I’ll hold off for now and see how far DiFi gets with her carefully worded gun bill. Any gun with even one military style feature will be confiscated. Does that mean hunting rifles colored camo, but yet they tell real hunters not to worry.

Kissmygrits on December 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I hope they can sue-this sh&t needs to stop NOW.

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Maybe the fundamental problem is public registry of private ownership. Sort of like having to register if you own an iPad thingy.

PS: Bummer about the B. :) It’s a good letter — it’s just having a bad time at the moment. I’m not going to mention nine is three threes . . .

You know, what you need to do is go all Fonzie on it’s ass. :) It’s cool because you say it’s cool. *snap*

Axe on December 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I wonder how many of these gun-owners were also subscribers to this rag? I sincerely hope that many people cancel their subscriptions, which will send almost as much of a message as them having their names published on the internet. The thing is, their names being published won’t mean much because conservatives and gun-owners generally don’t do crazy stuff. HOwever, liberals are crazy and I certainly hope that none of those people do anything crazy.

The point is, if you’re offended, cancel your subscription to this rag and hit them in the pocketbook.

bflat879 on December 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Chicago, like Memphis, Detroit, and other cities, which the working taxpayers have fled for the suburbs, seem not to want to address the 800 lb gorilla in the room: Black-on-Black crime.

Their gun confiscation attempts will fail, because criminals are very adept art getting guns illegally, and hiding them from the autorities.

It will take a massive effort by the authority figures and the good, average, hard-working, church-going members of the Black Community to solve the problem. If…they are allowed to do so.

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Happy Nomad on December 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM

You nailed it HN.

Many real honest discussions need to had on various
issues and are not.
Poli’s throw a band aid on puss filled sores.
They don’t heal..just get more infected-change band aid-repeat.
Cities across the country or the war on border for that matter.

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Agreed. And well said.

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Thank you.

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 10:02 AM

LOL- damn u!

Axe on December 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM

That flew right over my blond head
>>>zoom.
One evening you can explain it to me
axeril. ;)

Good day!

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 10:03 AM

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Thank you.

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 10:02 AM

YW- I agree with you completely.
Has been my thought on the subject.
Same thing happening here now..
O town.
Have a good one KJ.

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM

bazil9 on December 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM

You, too!

kingsjester on December 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM

unless we want to empty newsrooms and fill up jails from coast to coast.

Old Country Boy on December 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM

It isn’t clear that Mr. Gregory is guilty of anything other than perhaps overzealousness in pursuit of the conventional gun-control wisdom willfully and knowingly breaking a law

I think that this is what the article meant to say.

Physics Geek on December 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Dummy, it’s like this,, I own AR’s. And I want to know if leftist stormtroopers are plotting to come for them. I’ve read enough of your post to know you are a loon. 20 kids were slaughtered. I want to know the REAL reason why.
“however”, uber-libertarian anarchist logic doesn’t work either.

I don’t know what happened. That’s the point. Without valid facts, none of us know. Forensics. Otherwise it gets exploited by fienstien.

wolly4321 on December 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM

No, it’s like this: you said you didn’t understand why an American owned multiple guns. It’s none of your business.

Dante on December 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Am I the only one concerned that some wacked out parent of a classmate of Sasha and Malia is waving an illegal high capacity magazine around on national TV? Shouldn’t their school be in permanent lockdown and this perp be in handcuffs?

TexAz on December 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Fallon on December 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM

You are most welcome and Happy New Year to you!

I don’t write as much as I used to.

I need to get more skills for the coming hard times ahead. Too many projects, too little of me to do them. Survival first, writing when I’m exhausted…

ajacksonian on December 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM

So let me see, Gregory is not only a felon, he is a stupid felon, all in the name of journalism. Seems appropriate.

georgeofthedesert on December 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime.

You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,