Poll: OOTY Prelims, 2nd-chance Flight

posted at 8:01 am on December 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Ever see a poll where the second-most popular option nearly carries the day, but then is forgotten?  (Other than that one in November, of course.)  As is traditional with the OOTYs, we’re giving some of these nearly-successful Obamateurisms of the Week a second chance to compete for the overall title.  For the first time, though, we’re including those OOTWs that finished within 100 votes of the top pick in the OOTY prelims, too.  Which of these deserve a spot in the OOTY semifinals?

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

For more on the history and end of the OOTDs, here’s my post from November 9th.

Comments

had to go with griping

ALL ABOUT THE O

All hail dear leader you idiots!!

cmsinaz on December 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM

These just remind me how much I hate this Prez… When is my 8 year sentence over?

cmptrnerd on December 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Rappers are sooo much more important than SEALs.

backwoods conservative on December 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Every one of these OOTY’s reeks of presidential arrogance and self-righteous indignation. Over four years now, and “this candidate” has yet to be properly vetted. Sad.

Rovin on December 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Thank God (the real one, not Obama) for the 22nd Amendment.

THAT was wisdom.

I just wish the two term limit applied to ALL federally elected officials.

PappyD61 on December 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM

So, if for some reason the OOTY can’t successfully complete its term does the runner-up become to the reigning OOTY?

Too late for the contest but I think letting the Mooch and brats stay behind in Hawaii at a cost to the taxpayers higher than most people make a year should get honorable mention. Seriously what kind of stress did that ugly racist woman and her selfish brats experience that the taxpayers should have to foot the bill for yet another vacation?

Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I puked before I voted.

docflash on December 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Rovin on December 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Just wait for the next four now that the rat-eared bastard doesn’t have another election. My guess is that the vacations will be more lavish, the corruption even more blatant, and the arrogance undisguised. We got a taste of it with this trip to Hawaii where even the eulogy for a Medal of Honor winner and elder statesman became all about a filthy Chicago thug with no value to society whatsoever.

Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM

benghazi

ted c on December 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM

this

cmsinaz on December 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Wants to do the same thing to all industries is very telling and chilling.

Kissmygrits on December 27, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I had to go with the griping about being ‘underappreciated’. Without that narcissistic mindset of his, much of the rest might not have happened.

Liam on December 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I am old enough, that I may not live to see the end of O’s presidency. What a depressing thought.

esr1951 on December 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Full disclosure – the “industrial” one was mine.

Steve Eggleston on December 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM

esr1951 on December 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Me too and I am 30.

nazo311 on December 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Liam on December 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Yea, me to, as it immediately reminded me of O’Brafbrain complaining to China’s President that America would be so much easier to “Rule” if America were only a Communist/Marxist dictatorship like China.

SWalker on December 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM

They’re starting to get tougher. Form letters vs. security briefing…

MNHawk on December 27, 2012 at 8:58 AM

filthy Chicago thug with no value to society whatsoever. Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Tell us how you really feel…like your spirit, HN!

indypat on December 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM

This is off-topic, but just infuriates me. I can’t believe I live in a country that would force people with moral objections to abortion to pay for abortifacients. Hobby Lobby is a great company, provides good jobs, very family friendly, and is often cited as one of the best companies to work for in Oklahoma. They already provide insurance coverage for contraceptives, they only object to paying for abortifacients. Now they are faced with paying for drugs that cause abortion, paying a fine of over $1 million a day, or going out of business. Shameful.

mbs on December 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

cmptrnerd on December 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM

. Why I can’t vote, I absolutely loathe everything he does.

On that note, a belated blessed and Merry Christmas to all. Onward and upward!

herm2416 on December 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I guess I missed hearing about him griping about being unappreciated. Geez, how much more could a corrupt media worship a person? He’s gotten everything a president could ask for, and more! But his worst offense is missing a security briefing, no matter when they took place. You’re the f’n president, security briefings are part of your job, you go sit the f down and listen to them. That’s what you’re getting paid for. You don’t get to decide which ones you attend. And secondly, but just as important, you don’t save your “authentic” signatures for the hip hop hollywood elite, you use it on EVERY letter to a military family who has lost a son or daughter. Lazy, arrogant jacka$$. Gaaaaaaa!

scalleywag on December 27, 2012 at 9:11 AM

How Obama Vacationed
About 17.5 hours of golfing, 4 hours on family outings.

He can’t even get family time right!

scalleywag on December 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Thank God (the real one, not Obama) for the 22nd Amendment.

THAT was wisdom.

I just wish the two term limit applied to ALL federally elected officials.

PappyD61 on December 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM

You don’t actually think they’re not going to try to change that, do you?

Washington Nearsider on December 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Golf rounds on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day keep Marines, police away from their families.

1. Would rather spend the day shanking golf balls than spending time with his own family.

2. Drags people along with him who would rather spend time with their families.

Definition of a scumbag narcissist.

fogw on December 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Form letter.

wish we could pink slip this clown.

Key West Reader on December 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM

How Obama Vacationed
About 17.5 hours of golfing, 4 hours on family outings.

He can’t even get family time right!

scalleywag on December 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM

How much personal time do you spend with your can-opener or your toaster? His “family” are just prop’s, appliances if you will that helped to convey him into the Whitehouse. It’s not like they are a real family or anything. Have you every seen any of those video’s of Michelle’s family getting on Marine One? Pant’s dragging on the ground, ball caps on sideways, blinged out like Rap Stars? Walking up to Marine One with that slow pimp strut??? Utterly and completely disgusting and disgraceful, a bad cheap sleazy Chicago Rap Video portrayal that unintentionally exposed itself as a mockingly self ridiculing self parody.

It’s as if they hired Shug Knight to produce a propaganda Kabuki Theater Potemkin village of the First Family that instead of being for the Czar, was intended to deceive the entire nation.

SWalker on December 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM

He can’t even get family time right!

scalleywag on December 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM

No, if I were married to that vile disgusting pig and had a couple of selfish brats growing up to be just like their mother….. I’d spend all my time golfing too.

SWalker on December 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Love the comparison.

Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM

You don’t actually think they’re not going to try to change that, do you?

Washington Nearsider on December 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Oh, I don’t know. Changing the Constitution would take work and we all know just how lazy the rat-eared wonder is. My guess is that we’ll be treated to a “it’s Michelle’s turn” campaign for 2016.

Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Sends form letters to families of SEALs KIA, personal letter to family of rapper Heavy D.
………………….
Even worse, mysteriously, seems that all to many Seals or former Seals are having a rash of deadly accidents from helicopters to just being shot.Huge coincidences here.
……………………….
Gotta tell ya what really pisses me off is that zero can fly to his unpaid for mansion in Hawai at huge taxpayer expense do nada for thde country fly back to save the day once again doing nada.Ironically valerie jarrett and david axelrod call all the shots anyway and no one sees that the entire event is just more politics as usual for the Dear Leader/Regime.It’s especially wieird since he’s still runnng for an office that he can’t win any more.Still campaigning stillfund raising.WTH!
So in essence, we have an illegal potus delegating all his duties to others and then spending huge amounts to fly all over the world to appear busy. Can’t call him on it becasue he’s balck and we would allbe racists.
Biazarrro world we live in.

rodguy911 on December 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Been ghazied.

FlaMurph on December 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

So, Emperor Obama goes to Hawaii, and we pay for it, along with his “family” which we pay for, and while there, Obama spends how much time with his “family?”

Maybe one morning, between breakfast and lunch? Four, maybe five, hours, tops? The rest of the time? Out golfing or at the gym, requiring hundreds of others to be away from their families in order to protect Obama shooting hoops or shanking shots?

If Obama had to actually pay for his own vacations, out of his own pocket, think he’d ever go on vacation at all?

Doesn’t seem the type to throw his own money around.

But loves to throw other people’s money around; that’s a fact.

There has to be something in DSM-IV about that sort of behaviour.

coldwarrior on December 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Boxing Day? I’m pretty sure that’s not a holiday in the U.S. What’s next, he had a big lunch on Yom Kippur?

J.S.K. on December 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

cmptrnerd on December 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Never, we will live with the consequences till death.

royzer on December 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM

J.S.K. on December 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Kwaanza on Kauai? (Playing golf on a military base, preventing Korpse-men and other “subordinates” from using the facilities?)

ShainS on December 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Benghazi.

We know what you did punk-@ss.

Tim_CA on December 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Bring back OOTD! Has canceling OOTDs made Ed go squishy? There was his amnesty cave, and Ed seems to be more generous towards O in his posts recently.

For the poll, the answer is Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi. Even though it’ll fall on deaf ears with the Obamaphone voting public, Benghazi should be bigger than Watergate, so the GOP and Conservative media needs to keep trumpeting it as loudly as possible.

sauldalinsky on December 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

ShainS on December 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Well, just how often does he get to Asia?

Happy Nomad on December 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I puked before I voted.

docflash on December 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Perfectly rational and understandable reaction. Every one of them was puke-worthy.

iurockhead on December 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Obamas griped that the American public just did not appreciate their exceptional leader

They all deserve a vote so I went with this one because it sort of covers them all.

katablog.com on December 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Ed was reported to Attttttttack Watch. Dropping OOTD was he penance to keep from going to the gulag.

katablog.com on December 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM

sauldalinsky on December 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

with success comes squishiness.

(one must not anger the establishment RINO’s).

Good Lord…I LOVE Mark Levin….one of the few excptions to the rule.

Tim_CA on December 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Hey folks. The Obamas taking multiple, lengthy, frequent vacations on our dime ticks me off too but I think we should lay off the kids. They’re innocent bystanders in this. No doubt they are spoiled and will grow up thinking the world owes them (or at least the US taxpayers owe them) but if your parents offered you a spring break dream vacation would you ask where the money came from? They’ll be adults soon enough but I think for now they should be off limits.

hopeful on December 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

hopeful on December 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Just like the filthy leftists left the Bush girls out of it?

Like that?

Solaratov on December 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Name Barack’s sand traps Benghazis and maybe he’ll take some interest in it.

profitsbeard on December 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM

…every fluken one of them!…for the first time ever…I’m Not Voting!…wish HALF the fluken Americans HADN’T on November 6th…EITHER!

KOOLAID2 on December 27, 2012 at 11:58 AM

J.S.K. on December 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Isn’t Boxing Day when the family convenes to air out their grievances in the back yard? That’s how we always observed it…

affenhauer on December 27, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Solaratov on December 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Do we really want to stoop to their level?

hopeful on December 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Never has such a cult of personality been constructed around a man who is so completely undeserving of it.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on December 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Geez! These are tough choices. What an incredible boob and solid proof of the media double standard. If GW had said, or done any of these things, the liberals and the media would have tried to crucify him. I loathe liberals.

ultracon on December 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Form Letters vs. Benghazi

Seriously, had to flip a coin.

It came up that fella with the weird name.

Loathe is the word we all feel, it is worse than hate to me. I can get over hate i.e. I hate asparagus (when I was 7 yrs old).

D-fusit on December 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

D-fusit on December 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

You have captured my sentiments perfectly.

BetseyRoss on December 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM

cmptrnerd on December 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Never, we will live with the consequences till death.

Would that be his death or ours???

roxi618 on December 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I went with the State of the Union gaffe. To me proposing laws that the House has already passed demonstrates that Obama and staff haven’t got a clue as to what’s happening on the Hill. Or anyhwhere else for that matter.

joated on December 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Do we really want to stoop to their level?

hopeful on December 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

cuz playing nice has worked so well?

Tim_CA on December 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM

This was a no-brainer…Benghazi should have won the election for Romney but the media and Romney would not go after Obumble on it. I think the fix was in for this miscreant slimeball.

Jarhead68 on December 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM