Poll: OOTY Prelims, 2nd-chance Flight
posted at 8:01 am on December 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Ever see a poll where the second-most popular option nearly carries the day, but then is forgotten? (Other than that one in November, of course.) As is traditional with the OOTYs, we’re giving some of these nearly-successful Obamateurisms of the Week a second chance to compete for the overall title. For the first time, though, we’re including those OOTWs that finished within 100 votes of the top pick in the OOTY prelims, too. Which of these deserve a spot in the OOTY semifinals?
- Golf rounds on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day keep Marines, police away from their families
- Proposes four bills in SOTU that House has already passed
- Wants to “do the same thing” to all industries as he did with auto industry
- Skipped daily security briefing before and after Benghazi attack
- Obamas griped that the American public just did not appreciate their exceptional leader
- Sends form letters to families of SEALs KIA, personal letter to family of rapper Heavy D
- Eulogy for Daniel Inouye mostly about himself
Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:
- Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
- Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
- “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)
For more on the history and end of the OOTDs, here’s my post from November 9th.