Poll: OOTY Prelims, Flight 9

posted at 8:01 am on December 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Welcome to the final OOTY preliminary poll!  Last week voters decided that what happened in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas after all. This poll pits the final two OOTWs against four new entries after the final weekly poll.  It’s a tough choice this time around, so, er … pucker up, buttercups:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

For more on the history and end of the OOTDs, here’s my post from November 9th.

Comments

LAST!

Shy Guy on December 26, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Eulogy for Daniel Inouye mostly about himself

A return to Obamateurism of the Day would be optimal.

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM

for ameica and its liberty…..his presidency has not been optimal.

He’s made this country, lowercase.

PappyD61 on December 26, 2012 at 8:10 AM

What the hell is OOTY ??? or OOTW ???

cableguy615 on December 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM

LAST!

Shy Guy on December 26, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Lol !! No kidding

cableguy615 on December 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Eulogy for Daniel Inouye mostly about himself

The same way Obama had himself photographed on the bus where Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat. If it’s not about him, it’s not an ‘event’.

Liam on December 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Those pesky Americans getting themselves all killed and such. : (

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Oh nevermind I got it now ! LOL ! Sorry I am up earlier than normal and got into the egg nog last night !

cableguy615 on December 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Four Dead in Ben-Gha-Zi

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Today’s choice is optimal because it perfectly illustrates the Obamateurisms’ narcissistic nature.

Steve Eggleston on December 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

We really need to continue something like this for the next four years, if only for stress relief. I propose “Outrageous Outrage of the Week,” in short…OOW.

indypat on December 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

A return to Obamateurism of the Day would be optimal.

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I’ve tried to talk Ed into it, but he has so far resisted all efforts to do a second round.

Steve Eggleston on December 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Steve Eggleston on December 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

yea but he needs to consider his reputation as well.

sesquipedalian on December 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM

indypat on December 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I disagree. Given that every supporter of the filthy rat-eared wonder is a moocher with no redeeming value to society, I say we put the spotlight on one of these bastards each and every week in a feature called Parasite of the Week, POW for short.

If we can’t defeat these worthless human beings we can at least mock them! I’d say we could shame them but any parasite or taker that supported Obama has no shame. They truly are the dregs of society and worthy of nothing but scorn and contempt. They are sub-human creatures who deserve to be kicked in the gutter and left to fend for themselves.

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Four Dead in Ben-Gha-Zi

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Who is this Ben guy that keeps getting mentioned in passing?

Seriously, as much as the rat-eared wonder, Hillary Clinton, and Susan Rice lied their asses off about the real situation to run out the clock before the election, the real issue with Benghazi is that we’ve done nothing in the way of retribution. This invites further acts of terrorism even as we watch the filthy bastard in the White House execute a plan that replaces various Middle Eastern regimes with anti-American Muslim radicals.

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I picked the Inouye eulogy. Insensitive, shameless and disrespectful. Sen. Inouye, while I would not agree with him on much of anything politically, was a Medal of Honor winner for decisive, up front leadership in battle, that turned the assault against odds, cost him his arm and nearly his life. He was very much the definition of an American patriot. All while his family was interred back on the mainland. He knew the American ideal meant more than heritage. What kind of child detracts from such a life by constantly crying for attention when he should have been lauding a real man?

ironked on December 26, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Have to agree with indypat & fallon,OOTD and OOTW has been our “daily fix” for the HA masses the last four years.Don’t take our opium away please.

jeffinsjvca on December 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Steve Eggleston on December 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Yes, but including the more recent Inouye eulogy… I sense a wavering in his resolve. I also ate and drank too much yesterday, so I may be sensing some seismic shifts that are not there, lol.

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM

IMO it is 0bama`s reign of socialist idiocy coupled with his thin skinned narcissism is what is “not optimal”

NY Conservative on December 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Ed, having been out a great deal since November 7th, what changed? This was your original deal.

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

P.S. Ed, I haven’t been out enough to notice 0 leaving the building yet. So?

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I agree. Four lives sacrificed for what? To help the Muslim Brotherhood and Muslim nations “feel good” about themselves? It is more than infuriating that the press (and members of Congress) continue to obfuscate information and run interference for this administration.

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 8:59 AM

ironked on December 26, 2012 at 8:48 AM

The kind of child that appeals to the worthless moochers, takers, and parasites that don’t care about the nation enough to elect a real leader instead of a rat-eared commie with a proven track record of hating America, loathing Israel, despising Christ, and lauding Islam and Islamic despots.

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Don’t you love the Associated Press?

Dudes are either incompetent or completely biased.

PappyD61 on December 26, 2012 at 9:01 AM

yea but he needs to consider his reputation as well.

sesquipedalian on December 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hey, by the way….. are you participating in the voting? Just curious.

DaveDief on December 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Indeed! I’d hope the confirmation hearings for John Kerry includes a detailed discussion of just how replacing various regimes with radical America-hating Muslim dictators is in the national interest. Because that is precisely what the rat-eared wonder is doing along with sending the message that the United States will sit on its hands if some of these Muslim animals choose to attack Israel.

But, then again, American Jews told Israel to go eff themselves when they voted overwhelmingly to give Obama a second term? Why should I care about protecting a Jewish homeland when Jews clearly are more concerned with gay marriage, free contraception, or something than American policy toward the Jewish state.

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Who is this Ben guy that keeps getting mentioned in passing?

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I think him and this other guy Al Qaeda run a falafel stand on 2nd Avenue in New York.

pilamaye on December 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

DO NOT vote for Inouye!!! If his next of kin was dumb enough to invite him to the memorial, then they got not only what they deserved, but what they damn well should have expected.

I got into a thread fight with some Slate readers, who thought the eulogy was just fine and that we were being over sensitive losers.

Maddie on December 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I think we could just say the president is an arrogant jacka$$ and call it a day.

scalleywag on December 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Maddie on December 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Maddie, I think you are wrong for a couple reasons.

First if the rat-eared wonder wants to turn the death of a sitting US Senator into a love-fest for himself there is little the family can do about it. It was less about Inouye’s family inviting the filthy bastard as learning that the worthless parasite would be attending. Mythology and a dubious birth certificate holds that the rat-eared wonder has ties to the state Inouye which makes his eulogy all the more “appropriate” no matter how disgusting it is to those of us who care about America.

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

scalleywag on December 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Where’s the fun in that? It is much more enjoyable to debate just how big a douchebag the rat-eared wonder actually is!

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Yea but anymore he’s a “douchebag rat-eared wonder 24/7″ and it’s more of an OOTD when he doesn’t say or do something stupid or insulting or false or just plain infuriating than when he does. I think Ed has accomplished his mission, which is to expose the president as the incompetent inexperienced clueless arrogant feckless rump profligate buffoon that he is, especially seeing as how most of the rest of the media never mentioned half this stuff. Four more years of it would be redundant. Just my opinion, I have enjoyed voting!

scalleywag on December 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

One vote separates the top two choices! C’mon, Hot Airians, who says your votes don’t count?

Fallon on December 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I went with the attempted kiss. It was rude, boorish, and completely amateurish.

backwoods conservative on December 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

optimal….

cmsinaz on December 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM

optimal….

cmsinaz on December 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM

So obvious, it can be summed up in one word. ; )

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Nothing about this presidency…or president…has been optimal

right of the dial on December 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Morning :)

cmsinaz on December 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Well, four American deaths in Benghazi – caused by our fearless leader’s need for sleep – may, indeed, not have been optimal….
but at least there’s a happy ending for four dept. of state striped-pants parasites.
It seems that the poor leeches didn’t actually lose their jobs over their incompetence. IOW, they weren’t fired-fired.

Solaratov on December 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Good morning cmsinaz, are you and yours have a lovely Holiday? Ours has been wonderful. : )

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM

have=having

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM

…I wish the voters had listened to him about the 4 more days…instead of 3!

KOOLAID2 on December 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I picked Obama not giving interviews to real reporters about Benghazi, but in his defense, it was probably hard to find one.

Night Owl on December 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM

backwoods conservative on December 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Doesn’t that make Aung San Suu Kyi for not wanting to lock lips with our cool hipster President of the worthless half of society?

Happy Nomad on December 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I had to vote for The Kiss. The inner slob, the classless lout, the horney turd, dumb, very dumb freak on the verge of knocking the woman over, oversexed and out of control, the photo captures it all, the entire ugliness, immaturity, the gigantic fraud that this stupid savage is. All the rest follows.

arand on December 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I voted for the “four dead not optimal” because this truly shows Owe’s character and his thoughts for the American people. He’s so clueless that he doesn’t get that four dead Americans is (in the words of Joe Biden) a big f*cking deal.

as far as: Eulogy for Daniel Inouye mostly about himself – the worst part of this one was that it, like many other Owe stories, was a LIE. He contradicts himself in his “Dreams of my father” in that his “family” toured the USA a year EARLIER than the Watergate hearings. But then, it goes with his Selma story, the lie about his mother’s insurance, etc.

katablog.com on December 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Ironked makes a good point. When a human cries out for so much attention, you know he/she is broken inside.

katablog.com on December 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM

katablog.com on December 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM

And YEAH for us, we get to have his inner child for President for another four years!

Night Owl on December 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Folks, it shouldn’t be any surprise to anyone anymore that we have a narcissistic windbag holding court anywhere and at any time that anyone gives him the microphone or flips on a video camera.

A self-promoter of Olympic proportion goes without saying. How anyone, anywhere, could have the wherewithal to even stand in the shadow of his illustrious presence is beyond my comprehension.

Apparently, hubris has no meaning for this walking, talking magpie, or natural laws no longer apply to him, making me think that a second, third, or even fourth Nobel Prize for simply being Obama could well be in the pipeline.

dockywocky on December 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Agreed. Obama’s biggest displays of amateurism have been on the foreign stage. However, I’m not in a great mood, I wanted to go out a winner, and knew that “4 Americans dead not optimal” would be the winner, so I went for that one. Yippee.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on December 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Every jot and tittle of this adolescent’s behaviors and remarks, whether intentional or inept, work towards Obysmal’s “fundamental transformation of America.” His goal is to create a post-American world, where our nation is reduced to weakness.

The “watchdog media” are enabling the p*ss-poor behaviors of this clown, rather than exposing him to ridicule and criticism.

I propose that we begin the second four years in a weekly thread identifying the most notable “Audacity of the Dope.”

onlineanalyst on December 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM

It was a squeaker between optimal American deaths and eulogy. I had to go with the deaths at Benghazi, especially in light of the fake resignations. The guy is apparently untouchable.

Cindy Munford on December 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Bmore on December 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hey, has he been in the office much?

Schadenfreude on December 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM