Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

Gun enthusiasts thronged to shows around the country on Saturday to buy assault weapons they fear will soon be outlawed after a massacre of school children in Connecticut prompted calls for tighter controls on firearms.

Reuters reporters went to gun shows in Pennsylvania, Missouri and Texas, and found long lines to get in the door, crowds around the dealer booths, a rush to buy assault weapons even at higher prices and some dealers selling out…

D.R. Woody was one of those able to purchase an assault weapon at the Kansas City show on Saturday. He bought the gun for target practice because he is concerned they soon will be banned. “I didn’t expect to find one. No gun stores have them,” said Woody of the AR-15 type of gun.

***

Asa Hutchinson — the former congressman who will lead the effort by the NRA to place armed security guards in schools across the country following the Newtown, Conn. shooting that left 20 children and six adults dead — told me this morning on “This Week” that gun control efforts would not be part of the “ultimate solution” to gun violence…

“Let’s compare this back to the federal air marshal program on airplanes. There was intense debate that on airplanes, guns have no place, and yet we have a federal air marshal program that I helped to oversee, and which has provided a deterrent,” he said. “It has increased the safety of the airlines, and it’s not like it’s an armed camp when you go on the airlines. It’s a very discreet use of armed guards that has a presence there to protect America.”…

“I think it takes away — it — whenever you pass those kind of laws, you think, well, we’ve done something. We’ve somehow made our children more safe, so you go home. I don’t think the job is really accomplished anything if you take that approach,” he said.

***

Newark Mayor Cory Booker became visibly frustrated over a debate on gun control on ABC’s This Week Sunday, telling panelists, “I don’t know if anybody here has seen someone shot. I have.” Calling the gun control conversation a “false debate,” Booker went on, “Most of us in America, including gun owners, agree on things that would stop the carnage.”…

Booker called the gun control debate a “convenient trick to try to divide our country more.” According to Booker, 74 percent of NRA members “agree that nobody in America should be able to buy a gun without doing a background check.” Booker believes the country isn’t as polarized on the issue as it may appear. He went on to say, “Let’s stop the false debate.”

***

“One of these mothers from Connecticut should do an Emmett Till moment; show the picture of their child dead in the classroom.”

That’s a text I received earlier this week from my TV One show producer. When I got it, a chill immediately went through my body just thinking about the possibility of seeing the carnage in such a photo…

When my producer sent me that text, I recoiled at even the mere mention of seeing with my own eyes the real life results of what a Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle could do to a 6-year-old body. But maybe I should see it. Maybe Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association should have to answer to such a photo when he is interviewed…

Maybe if all Americans had to bear witness to such a photo, we would stop ignoring the violence equivalent to the Newtown massacres that is happening in Chicago, New Orleans and other cities across this country.

***

That said, the underlying point of all of this evidence of extremely well-armed scofflaws around the world is this: the scofflaws’ motivations don’t matter; agreement with their reasoning doesn’t matter; sharing or even respecting their values is entirely irrelevant. All that matters is that, from one country to the next, across barriers of language and culture, government officials in even the most benign, stable democracies that have attempted to disarm their subjects, or to limit the weapons available for legal ownership, or even to do no more than track gun owners and register guns, have run into overwhelming resistance. Mass defiance has crippled registration programs, hobbled confiscations schemes and made a mockery of licensing programs.

Given a choice between complying with restrictions on firearms ownership and defying the law, a clear majority of people in most jurisdictions have chosen rebellion. The tighter the law, the more obvious the rebellion, to the point that the vast majority of firearms in civilian hands in Europe are owned outside the law.

If history is any judge, that’s probably a good thing. But even if you don’t agree, this is a world in which civilians are well-armed, and intent on staying that way.

***

For those untouched by death this Christmas, someone else’s bewildering, shattering turn of fate ought to occasion a little modesty and circumspection. Instead, even by its usual execrable standards, the public discourse post-Newtown has been stupid and contemptible. The Left now seizes on every atrocity as a cudgel to beat whatever happens to be the Right’s current hottest brand: Tucson, Ariz., was something to do with Sarah Palin’s use of metaphor and other common literary devices — or “toxic rhetoric,” as Paul Krugman put it; Aurora, Colo., was something to do with the Tea Party, according to Brian Ross of ABC News. Since the humiliations of November, the Right no longer has any hot brands, so this time round the biens pensants have fallen back on “gun culture.” Dimwit hacks bandy terms like “assault weapon,” “assault rifle,” “semiautomatic,” and “automatic weapon” in endlessly interchangeable but ever more terrifying accumulations of high-tech state-of-the-art killing power…

It would not be imprudent to expect that an ever broker America, with more divorce, fewer fathers, the abolition of almost all social restraints, and a revoltingly desensitized culture, will produce more young men who fall through the cracks. But, in the face of murder as extraordinarily wicked as that of Newtown, we should know enough to pause before reaching for our usual tired tropes. So I will save my own personal theories, no doubt as ignorant and irrelevant as everybody else’s, until after Christmas — except to note that the media’s stampede for meaning in massacre this last week overlooks the obvious: that the central meaning of these acts is that they are without meaning. Herod and the Pennsylvania Indians murdered children in pursuit of crude political goals; the infanticidal maniac of Sandy Hook was merely conscripting grade-school extras for a hollow act of public suicide. Like most mass shootings, his was an exercise in hyper-narcissism — 19th-century technology in the service of a very contemporary sensibility.

***

For a week after the Newtown shooting, the conversation was dominated by the self-righteous certainties of the American center-left. In print and on the airwaves, the chorus was nearly universal: the only possible response to Adam Lanza’s rampage was an immediate crusade for gun control, the necessary firearm restrictions were all self-evident, and anyone who doubted their efficacy had the blood of children on his hands…

But instead of a kind of skepticism and sifting from conservatives, after a week of liberal self-righteousness the spotlight passed instead to … Wayne LaPierre. And no Stephen Colbert parody of conservatism could match the National Rifle Association spokesman’s performance on Friday morning…

Unfortunately for our country, the Bloomberg versus LaPierre contrast is basically all of American politics today. Our society is divided between an ascendant center-left that’s far too confident in its own rigor and righteousness and a conservatism that’s marched into an ideological cul-de-sac and is currently battering its head against the wall.

The entire Obama era has been shaped by this conflict, and not for the good. On issue after issue, debate after debate, there is a near-unified establishment view of what the government should do, and then a furious right-wing reaction to this consensus that offers no real policy alternative at all.

***

The NBC moderator then confronted LaPierre with several newspaper reactions to the press conference, headlines which called LaPierre “crazy” and a “gun nut.” The NRA CEO was unfazed: “If it’s crazy to call for putting armed police in our schools to protect our children, then call me crazy,” he replied…

Asked to name one gun regulation he’d support, LaPierre said he’d want to prosecute drug dealers possessing guns, and go after felons possessing firearms. Gregory shot back that the NRA head was simply calling to prosecute criminals, but he wanted to know if there are any specific gun regulations he’d support. Without directly answering the question, LaPierre’s response boiled down to “No.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

One area to review, Keene suggested, echoing what conservatives have emphasized since the Dec. 14 shooting, is “what’s wrong with our mental health system?” Lanza was said to have potentially suffered from various mental disabilities, including Asperger syndrome.

“I’m not saying that every mental patient is a potential killer,” Keene said. “I’m not saying that everybody that watches a video is a potential killer. That’s not true. But neither is, everybody who owns a gun is a potential killer.”…

“In the it next few years, there are going to be dozens of lawsuits brought to say what is and what isn’t reasonable restrictions,” Keene said. “We’ll argue those, and we’re perfectly willing to. Today, Bob, the question isn’t how many bullets are going to fit in a magazine; is the gun somebody has got ugly or not ugly? The question is, can we keep guns out of the hands of people who are potential killers?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Carol of the Bells

Schadenfreude on December 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Schadenfreude on December 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM

“Carol of The Bells” is one of my all time favorites! :)

thatsafactjack on December 24, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I must bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! JOY TO THE WORLD AND PEACE ON EARTH!

thatsafactjack on December 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Good night Jackie!

KCB on December 24, 2012 at 1:50 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS! JOY TO THE WORLD AND PEACE ON EARTH!

thatsafactjack on December 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM

What? I find myself wandering youtube for Christmas songs wondering if it would kill me to go buy a hat — and she poofs?

It’s a busy day for the elves, I guess, in truth.

Bah.

Night Jackie!

Axe on December 24, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Announcement – Santa will not go to Hawaii due to TFRs.

——–

Whatever Happened to Christmas

Schadenfreude on December 24, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Globex is down 60. The stock market is not in a Christmas spirit.

Schadenfreude on December 24, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on December 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I get sad when Jackie leaves. So I will have to wait till tomorrow.

I bet b9 will be along in the morning though. Plus cnsinaz and KJ will pop in and the trusty canopfor will be pumping out stories.

SparkPlug on December 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I get sad when Jackie leaves. So I will have to wait till tomorrow.

SparkPlug on December 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM

You’ll not live to see it, fool!

MUHAHAHA!!!

– All my plans have come together, and now I need no longer pretend! I need only add one more ingredient — one that I am certain I have in the kitchen — and the WORLD will be MINE.

Now I’m off to fetch it, and one sprinkle later, POOF! You’ll all be transformed into my DARK-ELVEN SLAVES!

– Except Resist & Jackie & Grace. Possibly Gopher. Michelle Malkin. — I dunno, maybe a couple dudes to talk to. That dude that plays Legolas, maybe. NO! NOT EVEN THE DUDE THAT PLAYS LEGOLAS SHALL SURVIVE!

Prepare for your doom! NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!

brb

Axe on December 24, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Heh. :) J/K.

Um. Anyone know where you can buy something called “Mir” ?

Axe on December 24, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Anybody still here?

SWalker on December 24, 2012 at 3:07 AM

A little Christmas music from me to all of you… God Rest ye

SWalker on December 24, 2012 at 3:09 AM

SWalker on December 24, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Just empty spaces..:)

Dire Straits on December 24, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Anybody still here?

SWalker on December 24, 2012 at 3:07 AM

burrata on December 24, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Heh. :) J/K.

Um. Anyone know where you can buy something called “Mir” ?

Is this the one you want?

It’s kind of large and independent-minded, but amply robust.

David Blue on December 24, 2012 at 3:42 AM

It’s kind of large and independent-minded, but amply robust.

David Blue on December 24, 2012 at 3:42 AM

:) All right. Look, I didn’t want to have to look it up so I used a sound spelling. It’s Christmas Eve and I cut myself some slack. Myrrh. I meant Myrrh.

Sheesh. A guy can’t even make one little joke about world domination via dark magic that turns everyone into enslaved elves without a research department.

HA standards are high.

Axe on December 24, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Oh, great…they’ll put the TSA bureaucracy in charge no doubt. They’ll grope the kids as they come off the buses.

How about just letting AMERICAN ADULTS exercise their Second Amendment rights at their place of employment.

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 24, 2012 at 4:40 AM

David Gregory makes me want to sear my brain with a cattle prod

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 5:21 AM

JOIN THE NRA!!

TX-96 on December 24, 2012 at 5:52 AM

my favorite spikes are spikes in gun sales

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Axe on December 24, 2012 at 4:12 AM

I just purchased frankincense and myrrh scented wax cubes at Wal-Mart. You melt them in a little dish over a light bulb, also available at Wal-Mart. Mine is a Santa. That is as far as I’m going in my search for Myrrh.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 5:54 AM

Merry Christmas Eve people

you can thank the Pubs if it’s a Scrooge one. Whatever the hell that means.

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 6:04 AM

My Christmases are always good. I buy what I want and hand them to my daughter and tell her to wrap them up for me!

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM

hehe

that’s my approach too. I usually skip the wrapping part. This year it was a gigantic TV. Just for me, with love, from me.

I got my niece a compact bow and arrow. Not sure how that will turn out. She’s a bit of a hell raiser.

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I got my daughter a TV, although not gigantic. She hasn’t asked for weapons yet cause she IS a weapon. She’s got a red belt with two black stripes in Tae Kown-Do.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 6:47 AM

nice! Make sure she sticks with it. If I ever have a daughter I’m teaching her Karate. Either that or I’ll cross my fingers she’s a lesbian.

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Maybe you can answer a question for me. She wants to switch to Karate. I don’t know the difference. There isn’t very much self defense in Tae Kwon-Do. I started her too soon, I think.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Slade
Merry Christmas and happy new year………..Oh and hide your semi auto’s……….;)

angrymike on December 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Karate was originally self defense, with no weapons. There are various blocking techniques like parries – takedowns are taught as well.

Tae Kwon Do, from what I know is mostly a kicking sport. It’s mainly an attack style. If you want her in the Olympics ;) keep her in Tae Kwon Do. Karate doesn’t have a spot.

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Mike to the Angry Man! Merry Christmas.

I’m stashing all my AK’s in a mattress with my gold bars

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Thanks, she doesn’t care about the Olympics. I just want her to like it and learn to kick butt.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Merry Christmas, y’all! “From the Innkeeper’s Point of View”

kingsjester on December 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Merry Christmas Eve HotAirHeads!

Enough of the hiding stuff. I put new NRA stickers on my vehicles and moved my NRA card to the top of the window area of my wallet. My DL is now under it. Juvenile, maybe, but this kid refuses to hide my right to bear arms as something dirty.

Limerick on December 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Merry Christmas, y’all! “From the Innkeeper’s Point of View”

kingsjester on December 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Merry Christmas! Great story! The second video said it was blocked in this country due to copyright laws. Sarah Palin linked that song, done by Celo Green, which was really good too.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Limerick on December 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Are y’all in Kamchatka? Or just impatient?

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Good thinking slade……….:)

angrymike on December 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM

The violence in cities across the country and around the world
is not about a gun or possession of one. It is about people..evil, mentally ill or unstable, or what have you. Murder,death and horrific cruelty happens everyday and not just by guns. But again, by a deranged person/or group of people. The real issue is ignoring the real problem in our culture and blaming one type weapon that can be used to kill. Some of the most infamous and well known cases of unspeakable violence and a large death toll that did not have a gun involved. I followed many cases of unspeakable acts of torture and murder-none of which involved a gun. This is everyday. IGNORING why this is occurring and the obvious correlations with those individuals -is the problem. That is what no one talks about and what needs to be talked about. Americans looking at that photo, changes nothing. Except as a tool for those that want guns banned/controlled.
They won’t address the disease,only the symptoms.
People want an easy fix..ban this-ban that..all fixed. NO.

The things I witnessed personally growing up and then working in the system after college is why I have several different weapons for my protection. I am wide awake and ignore nothing.

What is beyond sad and frightening is that this horrific tragedy and dead children are being used to advance political agenda’s and not a true discussion of mental illness, the laws CT had that tied Lanza’s mothers hands to get help, (she isn’t alone) and why we have violent/void of conscious children and youth in large numbers committing unspeakable acts. It isn’t that guns exist.

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Angry Mike!
Where have you been?!?!
I have missed you!

Merry Christmas brother!

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM

What I think is frightening is that a large group of people think this can be ended with some magical law.

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Are y’all in Kamchatka? Or just impatient?

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I’ll have to look that up and get back to you!

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Slade73 on December 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

What? LOL…
Good Christmas Eve, ya Nut.
Hugs to pup too.

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM

…the laws CT had that tied Lanza’s mothers hands to get help, (she isn’t alone) and why we have violent/void of conscious children and youth in large numbers committing unspeakable acts. It isn’t that guns exist.

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM

There is a book called “We Need To Talk About Kevin”, and the mother was in the same position. She knew there was something wrong, no on took her seriously, and then when he killed people, including her husband and her daughter, she got blamed for it. I can’t imagine having a child I’m so afraid of I can’t sleep at night for fear he’ll kill me.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Are y’all in Kamchatka? Or just impatient?

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I’ll have to look that up and get back to you!

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Okay, I looked it up and I still don’t get it.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Thank you! I had to substitute another favorite, but, it’s fixed.

kingsjester on December 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Okay, I looked it up and I still don’t get it.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Mini face palm. Short version: Tomorrow is Christmas. You say Merry Christmas tomorrow. It is already tomorrow in Kamchatka.

Somewhat longer version: The Earth is round…

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Yep Coz.
A law! Then everyone can feel better.
Those strict CT laws were not enough.
More magic needed. Abracadabra.

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Cozmo,,,,I said ‘Eve’ it is in Texas, not sure about the rest of the 49 inferior States.

Limerick on December 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Somewhat longer version: The Earth is round…

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM

LOL.

Merry Christmas, y’all! “From the Innkeeper’s Point of View”

kingsjester on December 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Okay, Mr. Smartypants, I was just responding to Kingjester. What if Kingjester isn’t here tomorrow? What if I’m not? I may be too busy. I have a kid who I have to do the morning thing with and then I have to go to the nursing home and bring my mother back here and cook dinner for the whole family. So if I don’t see you tomorrow, Merry Christmas!

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM

So, last night I had the duty of received guests. Not that we invited them, it was a due drop in. Things are very busy here. I am at my better halfs Mothers. Turns out these guests think we should go heavy on gun control to solve the worlds problems. I was a wee bit tired and found the reasons they were giving as tiring as the ones the trolls use here at HA. However I could not smack them around, they were uninvited, but they were guess and friends of the family none the less. So we sparred verble for a few minutes when I realized these guests had totally been snookered by the sensationalism going on in and by the media. I started to grow weary, so I requested they explain to me how they planned to collect all the guns. I was looking to change the subject as it was becoming more heated. Remember they are guest, though uninvited. The answer almost made me laugh in their face. Apparently the expectation on their part is it will be a volunteer kind of thing. Honor system if you will. The request will be do the right thing and turn in your arms at various government checkpoints and return posts, yet to be set up. Remind you of anything? Anyway I was looking to end this conversation so I was within a few minutes able to change subjects. We started talking world FP and how we are so wrong to be out there in the world. Misery insured. Finally four hours into this nonsense the guests were walked to the door. Even that took precious time. The point is, the media is winning with this sick and twisted narrative. P.S. I told the guests all of my weapons had already been turned in, cause that of course was the only way to move forward, crazy right? Oh, total time of visit from uninvited proslotizing guests. Four hours plus. Is that rude? Is it just me? I could have smacked them. Now my Motherinlaw is way behind stressed and I ain’t happy about that. But just so y’all know. I was very polite. Merry Christmas. If you hear the doorbell ring and you aren’t expecting anyone. Don’t answer it.

Bmore on December 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Sory about all the misspells. iPad thingy and I don’t feel like correcting it. ; )

Bmore on December 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM

So if I don’t see you tomorrow, Merry Christmas!

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Back at ya’!

And everybody else too. Even the trolls.

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Fine, sorry.

Bmore on December 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Bmore on December 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM

You are a more patient man than I.

I am the same guy in real life that I am here.

We started talking world FP

I don’t know what that is.

Sory about all the misspells.

Bmore on December 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM

No you’re not. And just to rub it in (double check you got the insurance in the ipad thingy before reading further)…what kind of craftsman is it that blames his tools?

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM

We started talking world FP

I don’t know what that is.

Sory about all the misspells.

Bmore on December 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Mini face palm. Foreign Policy.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Mini face palm. Foreign Policy.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM

touche’

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I worked for about a year
at a juvenile residential psych
center.
I met parents that felt extreme guilt for
placing their children there but knew they had to
for their own safety and the safety of their other children.
I was finishing my degree at the time and young.
It was difficult for me at first, as I had not been around
children with extreme mental illnesses before. Education is nothing compared to experiencing something. Nothing prepared me for that.

I was afraid, I was assaulted many times and couldn’t turn
my back for a second. I worked on the Teen Unit-13-17. Many of them bigger then myself and when rage filled-stronger then the devil himself.

Yes, the parents take the blame in these situations. It is very heart breaking..seeing what I did-I can’t imagine it either as a parent and having no where to turn for help. Afaraid of your own child whom you love. Unfortunately, the day they turned 18-they were discharged. I feared the outcome of unleashing them into society would mean. There, they had counseling, meds were taken in front of a nurse and staff on time and regulated daily. Many also where a danger to themselves, self cutting, mutilation, ripping out their hair..ect.. in the end-I knew that most would probably end up in prision or on the streets and had zero hope-and a threat. After being released, you could not force them to do anything. They were not going to take their meds,seek counseling or function.

Anyway, this tragedy brought back memories for me and the failure we have dealing with severe mental illness,especially with juveniles.
Reading the blame given to Lanza’s mother, infuriated me and how the facts of this case are ignored.

Well, I am done talking about this. Merry Christmas to you night owl.
woo woo. :)

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Well, I am done talking about this. Merry Christmas to you night owl.
woo woo. :)

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I’m sorry for you. It must bring it all back up every time something like this happens. You’re right, time to focus on happier things! Merry Christmas!

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM

touche’

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Sorry, I tried, but I could not help myself.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Sorry, I tried, but I could not help myself.

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Never pass up an opportunity to get in a dig. Its cathartic. And if you do pass one up, as I sometimes do with B-9, ALyT, GG and some others, they get you twice as hard.

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Night Owl on December 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Don’t feel sorry for me, Owl.
Just shared, as it was an experience I had that I learned from.

I hope your enjoying the festivities,family, eating a lot of yummy stuff and merry. :)

bazil9 on December 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Beautiful picture

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM

It’s a GREAT photo and you just gave me the inspiration I needed for that last present I wanted to get for my husband; I’m going to make him a calendar filled with photos like that. As an ex-Navy man, he will love it. Thank you!!

Eren on December 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM

You are welcome.

cozmo on December 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM

” … this is a world in which civilians are well-armed, and intent on staying that way.”

Damn Straight. Let the Leftists and their anarchist pals come.
I welcome the target-rich environment.
BTW … Wayne LaPierre and his wimpy pals can pound sand.
Thank God for gunownersofamerica.org