Poll: OOTY prelims, Flight 7

posted at 9:31 am on December 23, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Time to pick the next semifinalist for the Obamateurism of the Year!  Last week, you built in another choice with Barack Obama’s assertion that “you didn’t build that.”  What will you build this week?

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

For more on the history and end of the OOTDs, here’s my post from November 9th.

Comments

The whole “you didn’t build that” comment/controversy is the CORE of his real governing philosophy.

Because if YOU didn’t build that then:

The Federal government that protects you and ALLOWS you to be free owns your business, your personal property and ultimately…….you OWE the government your VERY LIFE (which is what ObamaCare will confirm).

A majority of Americans now do NOT want rights granted by God…….they are fine with Government doling out rights and Goodies. Because they THINK they will be the ones getting them for FREE.

Whoa unto America, the door of our doom is opening, and we’re turning the knob.

PappyD61 on December 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM

World’s worst mathematician. He multiplies his divisions and thinks it all adds up.

backwoods conservative on December 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Seeing these again, it’s inconceivable to me that he was reelected. A dancing bear would have been an improvement.

ProfessorMiao on December 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM

“I don’t think you or anybody who’s been watching the campaign would say that in any way we have tried to divide the country.”

As we approach the Great Divide.

Electrongod on December 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM

True to form

Philly on December 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Form letters.

Bark has an affinity with thug rappers and their lifestyle, he doesn’t have a whit of sensibility for soldiers killed in the line of duty.

Bishop on December 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM

backwoods conservative on December 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Meanwhile, My Dear Aunt Sally eats cat food, thanks to Obummer’s economy.

KS Rex on December 23, 2012 at 10:13 AM

This keeps getting harder and harder. Not the choices, but because the more I’m reminded of Obama, the more I can’t stand him. And, by extension, the more I hate liberals.

The finisher is how liberal ghouls were out the day of the Sandy Hook massacre trying to play a game of Gotcha! against us thirty minutes after the crime became known to the world.

Then all the usual trolls here–libfreeordie, verbaluce, and especially the snide Canadian Dave Rywall. They could allow us even an hour to make sense of it all, to let us grieve in peace. No! They, instead, found fun in mocking our hurt.

I will never forgive them for that.

Obama is their shining example, a reminder of what makes up the Left. Obama is the embodiment of liberalism, and liberals at their deepest core. I hate them all.

Apologies to the decent Hotarians here for my disdain. After the liberal carrion feeding of the day Sandy Hook happened, I’m more than incensed.

I will never forgive liberals for that, or their precious Obama.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM

In a ‘speech’ about the late Senator Inouye, Obama referenced himself 67 times.

I totally loathe Obama.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Grrr… to all of them.

Fallon on December 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Jeez! Make it hard to choose whydoncha?

Oldnuke on December 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Gotta be the form letters. None of these surprise me, and all of them anger me, but that one shows his true disdain for those who serve the nation.

*And dittos, Liam*

predator on December 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Sends form letters to families of SEALs KIA, personal letter to family of rapper Heavy D

Simply because it was the filthiest of the lot.

katablog.com on December 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM

You have a crowd of company on your side.

katablog.com on December 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Agree with Katablog.

CW on December 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM

…JugEars is still not dividing the country!
…now he’s in ‘Asia’ for the next 20 days…while the MSM does his work for him!

KOOLAID2 on December 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Bishop on December 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Vntnrse on December 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM

katablog.com on December 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I’m just so offended by how the liberals conducted themselves the day the horror of Sandy Hook happened. They couldn’t give us a mere hour to grieve, the sanctimonious trolls couldn’t wait to get here to attack us.

Christmas will never again be the same for all those families. One of the lost had her birthday a few days before we lost her.

I can’t read the names or look at their photos because, if in a different place, it could have been one of my three precious granddaughters.

All those lost, including the heroic adults. Yet, liberals as a whole–and the trolls here–made political sport of the horror and of us as we hurt and grieved. As liberals do, they kick a man not only when he’s down, but also when he isn’t looking.

Liberals call that ‘absolute moral authority’ and ‘holding the high ground’.

I hate them all, especially their precious ‘lord and savior’ Barack Obama.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Bark has an affinity with thug rappers and their lifestyle, he doesn’t have a whit of sensibility for GIVE A DAMN ABOUT soldiers killed in the line of duty.

Bishop on December 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM

FIFY, but very good point!

Vntnrse on December 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM

He’s delusional.

Paul-Cincy on December 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM

He lies and the media swears to it. In the meantime, I go into black neighborhoods, as a hospice nurse, and watch a next door neighbor stare at me, take out a big bladed knife and throw it into the ground, and then stare at me, pick up the knife and stare at me, and throw it into the ground and stare at me and continue this over and over. Then I give schedule three narcotics to my patient all night, like morphine and dilaudid and ativan, and worry that this person will break in and kill me just for gp and steal the narcotics, and worry because I can’t get a concealed carry permit to protect myself, my patient and the medications I’m giving.

And now I’m forced to worry that Obama is going to come and steal the guns I have in my home!

Vntnrse on December 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Liberals call that ‘absolute moral authority’ and ‘holding the high ground’.

I hate them all, especially their precious ‘lord and savior’ Barack Obama.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I read something years ago, but now sadly can’t remember what it was called. It basically described a form of social order that was based upon the explicit knowledge of each member of that society that every member of that society was looking for and waiting for both the opportunity to and the act of being betrayed.

It is a perfect example of the liberal world view. They are all waiting for the opportunity to betray each other as a method of advancing within their social order, and always on guard of being betrayed by others as those others seek to advance their fortunes and social standing.

For them, betrayal is not just a given, it’s an absolute mandate. They know with absolute certainty that their own betrayal is just a matter of time and circumstances advantageous to whomever s hand it comes at, just as they seek the most advantageous moment to betray those for whom that betrayal will secure their own future.

SWalker on December 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Vntnrse on December 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Leave them to die, then. Better them than losing someone decent like you.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM

The form letters troubled me most. They stand as the coda for how Obama sees and treats our fallen military heroes and their families — from the “shout out” to the tribal chief at the start of his remarks following the Killeen massacre, to misnaming a fallen Medal of Honor recipient, to leaking or authorizing the leak of intel and naming SEAL Team Six as the killers of OBL, to his self-serving eulogy of Medal of Honor recipient and Senator, Daniel Inouye, just the other day, and to many more similar incidents.

He does not deserve to be their CinC, much less be in the same room with them or their families. Despicable is too kind of a word for this narcissistic maniac.

TXUS on December 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM

SWalker on December 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Lord of the Flies comes to mind. Liberals are rude heartless uncivilized barbarians. I bet Genghis Khan could have learned from modern liberals.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Form letters, really shows his utter lack of respect for our men and women in uniform. Esspecially the ones he put in harms way. The only time he or his wife care about them is when they both use them for photo ops.

Digusting on the highest level.

Merry Christmas to all of our Men and Women serving, especially to those who will spend this day seperated from their loved ones.

D-fusit on December 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I will never forgive them for that.

I will never forgive liberals for that, or their precious Obama.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM
…………………………………………….
Great stuff here. It boggles the mind sometimes to think where we were a hundred years ago and where we are today.
Different worlds.

rodguy911 on December 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Liberals call that ‘absolute moral authority’ and ‘holding the high ground’.

I hate them all, especially their precious ‘lord and savior’ Barack Obama.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Today’s leftists are the true heirs of marx, lenin, stalin, hitler, mao, pol pot and che. They build their base on the bodies of those they have disarmed and subjugated. All of their ‘power’ is built on a foundation of death.
The bodies of dead children are nothing to them…other than as pawns in their game of power. If there was no chance to use those dead bodies, they’d never mention them; and just move on to something else. Why do you think they never mention dead children in chicago, new york, detroit or los angeles? There’s no political advantage – and those children’s bodies demonstrate the abject failure of the leftists.

Leftists/liberals are like diseased animals; and they need to be culled from the herd before their disease spreads to the uninfected.

Since 1956, I have hated communists – and their ‘liberal’ enablers – and done everything in my power to destroy them. I see no reason to abate my efforts in my “golden years”.

Solaratov on December 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM

rodguy911 on December 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Liberals have made the world a more horrid place.

My father taught me to never kick a man when he’s down. My other Father, the Majesty of Perfection, taught me to comfort my enemy when he might be heartbroken.

Liberals have no such concepts or good manners.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Solaratov on December 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM

+1000

Marxism is all about hate, war, enemies, and destruction. There is nothing peaceful or truly good about it. Yet, liberals wonder why we disdain them so much.

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM

had to go with his efforts to do damage control on the “you didn’t build that”…that should have been as damaging as Romney’s 47% comment.

the other choices I just attribute to Obama being Obama…no surprises.

Interesting though was something Limbaugh was discussing last week…Obama’s “cult leader” status stems from his being viewed as a “non-inside” guy. Look at all the options above and explain that to me again please?

teejk on December 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM

So many good horrifying options to choose from.

Mr. Prodigy on December 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM

They’ve been dividing the country on purpose

Sheesh!

cmsinaz on December 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Dividing the country is his basic philosophy.

rbj on December 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Dividing the country is his basic philosophy.

rbj on December 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

The country won’t be ‘divided’ if everyone just believes in and obeys Obama.

Love,
The MSM and all other liberals

Liam on December 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM

They are all so egregious. It’s hard to pick the most despicable.

ironked on December 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM

No one has EVER divided this country like you have li’l bammie.

No offense intended (I kid of course)- but your nothing but a douchebag charlatan who fools no-one with firing synapses, and a brain capable of grasping concepts at a 5th grade level or above.

We know who you are ya jug-eared dope.

Tim_CA on December 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Barry Obama

=

Hero of the stupid.

Tim_CA on December 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Would have went with the form letters to Seals v personal letter to rapper’s mom… but the divided country has been his desire since he first got into politics… and he has done a great job in that now that he is the President. He is The Great Un-Uniter…

RalphyBoy on December 23, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Math is hard easy.

Steve Eggleston on December 23, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Read this and detest Owebama a little more (assuming that’s possible). Talk about arrogance.

Oh and incase you still have room for loathing this arrogant bag of wind This should be the cure.

katablog.com on December 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Vntnrse on December 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM A relative was sent home with powerful pain medications to await the delivery of his hospice supplied hospital bed. They brought the bed, left, his wife tucked him into it, and went to get the medication from the medicine cabinet to alleviate the pain. Medicine GONE! Stolen by the delivery men!! Your fears are well founded! Be careful!!The bad guys are evil, cunning, and apparently knowledgeable of hospice dispensing pain narcotics!

Marco on December 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM