Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on December 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mr. Obama repeatedly lost patience with the speaker as negotiations faltered. In an Oval Office meeting last week, he told Mr. Boehner that if the sides didn’t reach agreement, he would use his inaugural address and his State of the Union speech to tell the country the Republicans were at fault.

At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, “I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?”

“You get nothing,” the president said. “I get that for free.”

***

Had there been a vote on Republican House Speaker John Boehner’s “Plan B” to avert the so-called U.S. fiscal cliff on Thursday night, it would not have been close. He was probably 40 to 50 votes short of the number he needed to avoid a humiliating defeat at the hands of his own party, according to rough estimates from Republican members of Congress and staff members…

“Some people really really really really talked themselves into believing it was a tax increase even though Grover Norquist, of all people, said it wasn’t,” said Cole, referring to the anti-tax activist responsible for “the pledge” not to raise taxes that most Republicans sign.

“That is like me talking myself into believing something is a sin even though the Pope tells me it is not,” Cole said.

***

“I think that there were members that are so gun shy about primaries that they weren’t willing to take a risk … some members told me that it was just too hard to explain how it wasn’t a tax increase,” Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.) said shortly following Thursday night’s abrupt conference meeting where Boehner told his colleagues they wouldn’t vote on the bill…

One lawmaker, who has served on the whip team for several years, told The Hill that he was “whipping people that I’ve never had to whip before.”

The lawmaker, who requested anonymity, was getting frustrated with his colleagues for regurgitating the “the same old bull—- lines … like, ‘If we don’t hold the line, or if we cave’… And I said, ‘What??? Then what?’”

He was able to turn several votes when his colleagues couldn’t answer “what then.”

***

As things stand now, some worry that nothing short of a catastrophe could force a resolution.

“We have sunk to the lowest common denominator in order to get a deal — sheer panic,” said Republican strategist Ron Bonjean, a former aide to House and Senate leadership. “The reality of a stock market crash is probably the only way Washington will strike a deal. It is probably the only scenario that could likely force the speaker’s hand and allow for a deal driven by Democratic votes to pass the House.”

Which, of course, is not an ideal way to govern.

“The hard-core anti-tax conservatives in the GOP seem to believe that Barack Obama will be blamed if there is no agreement reached to avoid sequestration and the tax increases that are coming,” said Sheldon D. Pollack, a University of Delaware law and political science professor who has written a history of Republican anti-tax policy. “Calculated gamble? Or are they simply incapable of recognizing that they do not control the White House or the Senate, and hence do not have the ability to control the agenda? Sadly, I think it is the latter.”

***

Several conservative House Republican members are contemplating a plan to unseat Speaker John Boehner from his position on January 3, Breitbart News has exclusively learned. Staffers have compiled a detailed action plan that, if executed, could make this a reality…

Since there are 233 Republicans heading into the next Congress, only 17 Republicans would be needed to unseat Boehner. The House would continue having multiple elections throughout the day on January 3 until it agreed upon a new Speaker…

If Boehner loses on that first election try, he’ll be battered. For now, this is a leaderless movement – an “Anybody but Boehner” charge. But after that first secret ballot election wouldn’t have earned him his speakership back, those planning this ouster expect viable alternatives to emerge at that point.

One of those alternatives, they think, will unite the party and take the speakership.

***

“This was not a vote of no confidence in the Speaker,” freshman Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), an opponent of Boehner’s Plan B legislation, said in an interview. “This was a legislative defeat, not a personal defeat.”

Another vocal critic of the Speaker’s proposal, Rep. John Fleming (R-La.), said: “He is my Speaker, and I support him.”…

When asked if Boehner’s Speakership was in trouble, freshman Rep. Austin Scott (R-Ga.) — a conservative in the majority-making class of 2010 — gave a resounding “Hell, no!” to The Hill on Friday morning…

One conservative House Republican, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the only way Boehner’s position is likely to be in serious jeopardy is if he agrees to raise the debt ceiling in a fiscal-cliff deal with Obama without significant concessions on spending cuts and entitlement reform from the president.

“If he gives away the debt ceiling, he’s in trouble,” the member said.

***

Risks to Boehner’s speakership be damned, Democratic leaders are anticipating they may have to join him in large numbers to pass a bill.

“There’s no rule preventing him from allowing the entire House to work its will, Democrats and Republicans together, and that may mean that we have to pass something that does not have 50 percent of Republicans on board,” Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., the ranking Democrat on the House Budget Committee, told National Journal…

One GOP member, who spoke on the condition of anonymity so he could speak openly, predicted the country “would go through the cliff, [President Obama] will figure out what deal he can cut, it’ll go through the Senate and we’ll have to pass it out,” he said.

***

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is resisting pressure from Republicans pushing for the Senate to take a more active role to avoid the “fiscal cliff” after House legislation stalled Thursday.

Reid has rejected Speaker John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) assertion that avoiding the fiscal cliff now depends on President Obama working out a deal with the Senate. Reid’s allies said it is unrealistic to expect him and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to step in and hammer out an eleventh-hour agreement…

“We’re now in a bad spot,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). “I hope we don’t go over the cliff but I think we are.”

***

“The American people re-elected President Obama on Election Day. They also re-elected a Republican majority in the House,” he said, confronting rhetoric by opponents who say Boehner needs to bow to the will of the majority of American people who elected a president that campaigned on higher taxes for the wealthiest Americans.

“In doing so, they gave us all a mandate,” he continued. “It was not a mandate to raise tax rates on families and small businesses. It was a mandate for us to work together to begin solving the massive debt that threatens our country’s future.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

After the “no vote” Thrusday night..Guns rights are safe..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I really wonder if lil barry has the stones to try for confiscation or any real big anti-gun move before the election of 2014.
I’m thinkin’ that he’d like to destroy as much of the Republican party as he can before then – and then make a move after the democRATs have taken back the house.
That way, he’s got both houses of congress backing his play.

Or not…as the case may be.

Maybe that’s just wishful thinking (and wanting more time to pick up a few more necessities – and another 10,000+ rounds of “investment metal”).

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

…and you’re a moral degenerate for defending him.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Did you ever think that when mom told you “Billy, don’t be a dikhead”, she really meant it.

arnold ziffel on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I consider myself the Bill Ayers of my generation.

sentinelrules on December 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM

meh, you’re just an inconsequential little jackass who keys other people’s car.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Merry Christmas…

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Merry Christmas to you..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I think 0bama is the worse thing to happen to this nation and I think that sucks.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hear!!..Hear!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM

yeah!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Andy Sullivan wrote numerous derogatory remarks about a baby with Downs’ Syndrome, and the left threw a fit! Oh, wait…

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Need a little more of this on this thread…
If you know what I mean….

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

People are playing the same “political Jesus” game with Boehner that they played with Romney after the election. Just heap all the blame for everything on him, let him die a political death for those “sins” and thereby “cleanse” everyone else in the party … just blame Boehner for everything. Pile all the party baggage on him and send him sailing down the river.

Problem is, that doesn’t fix anything. Once (if) Boehner’s gone, we still have the same problem to deal with and circular blame casting isn’t going to work. The next speaker will still have to deal with a Senate and White House that isn’t going to budge. We will go over the cliff, the people will be in a huge panic, and they will demand that the House Republicans take whatever Obama and the Democrats offer.

This isn’t about “leadership”. This is about a group of Republicans who aren’t really Republicans. The ones who consider themselves “conservatives first and Republicans second” need to be purged. They are neither Republicans nor conservatives in a political sense. They are handing the liberals victory after victory because of their splitting of the Republican party. It’s time to get rid of them. Let them form their own party but it is time they stopped screwing up mine. I have a hunch, though, that a lot of the so-called “tea party” Republicans are really Democrats in conservative suits.

crosspatch on December 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

That Boehner is a great, inspiring leader, and a top-notch negotiator, isn’t he? ROFL!

Your self-righteous whining here is amusing me – was it your goal to be such a clown? :)

Anti-Control on December 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

meh, you’re just an inconsequential little jackass who keys other people’s car.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Maybe Malia Obama can launch her political career from my living room like her bigot father did with Ayers.

P.S. – Do you have a car?

sentinelrules on December 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Bill Maher called some conservative women stupid c**ts and all leftists immediately stopped watching his show! Oh, wait…

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM

OWSers crapped on cars and people’s front steps and boy, was Ed Schultz outraged about it! Oh, wait…

predator on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

They were proud of their acts of vandalism. They applaud their side when they do it.

I shall not join them in their petty acts. Nor defend those who join them.

I will not comfort them when they are victimized by what they have brought. When the natural fertilizer hits the mechanical air handling device, they will have to protect themselves.

They will perish.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Don’t wonder, he won’t.

He no longer needs the gun grabbing left.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

SEIU members beat up a conservative black man and knocked him out of his wheel chair, and Barack Obama wasted no time in telling them to cut the crap! Oh, wait…

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012

…I see you’re masterbaiting again!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

P.S. – Do you have a car?

sentinelrules on December 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM

i should report you to the cops.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

i should report you to the cops.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Answer the question:…oh and does it have a Obama/Biden bumper stricker?

sentinelrules on December 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

NO!!..Nor will Harry Reid..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Lovely and talented one! Yes I have enjoyed it every time I have seen it. Sorry for my slow response. I was talking to my Mom. She says to say hi and Merry Christmas to you! She will be hitting the hay here shortly. I’ll see you then?

Bmore on December 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I’ll give you my address too. We’ll do lunch. Maybe a walk in the desert.

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I shall not join them in their petty acts. Nor defend those who join them.

They will perish.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Me neither, but I do love pointing out hypocrisy, especially when it’s in such abundance.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

…and you’re a moral degenerate for defending him.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Go pound sand up your sn@tch, broomhilda.

You calling anyone a moral degenerate for anything is a joke. Save your phony outrage for someone who cares what you (purportedly) think.

Here. Fill this out and send it to attack watch…..

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Bmore on December 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Sounds great! Give mom a hug & a heartfelt Merry Christmas from me.

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM

P.s. 4Grace, do yourself a favor, the trolls leave a lingering feeling of stupidly on anyone who wastes their time on them. Me I don’t mind so much. But you, much to lovely. Not worth your time. XO

Bmore on December 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Oh yeah, how they will curse Darwin as they are freezing/starving to death in the dark. or being otherwise turned into dirt by the very social sponges they created.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:09 PM

After the Trayvon Martin shooting, two black kids followed a white kid home and, using lighter fluid, set him on fire on his own front porch, and the left immediately called for “more civility.” Oh, wait…

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I see you’re masterbaiting again!

KOOLAID2 on December 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

could put it that way.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hear!!..Hear!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM

yeah!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Merry Christmas…
Oh..

What they said..

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Bmore on December 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Thanks, B. I’ll try to ignore them. :)

It’s difficult, because they are JUST SO STRANGE.

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I just hope there’s video available when it’s all over. It could be a great learning tool for kids of the future.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

crosspatch on December 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

On other threads you seem to be a decent enough fellow. How much evidence do you need that Boehner, Romney et al were given a chance, a task, and they were not up to it? Not saying they are bad—-just don’t inhabit the day to day life and BS we do.

arnold ziffel on December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

if you give me your address, i can send someone over right now to pick up those babies.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Typical leftist: “…i can send someone over…”.

Sniveling coward. If you had any guts, you’d offer to go get them yourself.

Leftists are cowards.

You talk big, make threats…and then want someone else to do your dirty work for you.

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

could put it that way.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Merry Christmas..

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Speaking of Butthurt…

CNN’s Piers Morgan upset over White House petition calling for his deportation

sentinelrules on December 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM

meh, you’re just an inconsequential little jackass who keys other people’s car.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Yep! JUST like lil billy ayers.

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

And Darwin can’t help them because he’s one dead mofo. Me? I’ll look to guidance from The Almighty (my creator), and I’ll be fine.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Thanks, B. I’ll try to ignore them. :)

It’s difficult, because they are JUST SO STRANGE.

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I want you to know I would have been disappointed if that song wasn’t the one you linked! :)

Anti-Control on December 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Cave drawings didn’t work, neither did scrolls, frescoes or books.

Liberalism will arise from the ashes, again. And even with countless lessons from history, liberals don’t have the mental capacity to learn.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Bmore on December 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Merry Christmas..

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

same to you!

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Typical leftist: “…i can send someone over…”.

Sniveling coward. If you had any guts, you’d offer to go get them yourself.

Leftists are cowards.

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Leftist are always willing to volunteer someone else to dies for their causes.

SWalker on December 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

same to you!

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Cool..
Now clean yourself…

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Anti-Control on December 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

It’s difficult, because they are JUST SO STRANGE.

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I just knew you were linking to that song. +1000

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Keying a car is small. I’ve only spit on them. Small as well.

When it gets big sesqui,, you’ll know. And it won’t stop.

I actually fear the true backlash. It’s gonna be brutal.

I wouldn’t want to be there.

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Couldn’t we at least keep them in a zoo? I’m sure they would be fun to watch.

*I wonder if they like to fling poo, like their ancestors*

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Typical leftist: “…i can send someone over…”.
Sniveling coward. If you had any guts, you’d offer to go get them yourself.
Leftists are cowards.
Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

So I guess that means we should expect to see you and swalker on the news proudly standing below the first lynched “Treasonous Fifth Column Media Propagandist” in no time then, eh?

Just that whole “organizing” part you gotta work out first, right?

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

*I wonder if they like to fling poo, like their ancestors*

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Were you in a cave during that whole OWS thing?

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Interesting that — whether or not you agree with their voted — that dozens of Democrats in marginal districts were willing to risk their seats on the principle that the health care system was broken and a fix was needed.

The only principal Republicans believe in, apparently, is clinging to power.

urban elitist on December 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Oh you have to be kidding me. ObamaCare was one of the ugliest most cynical, partisan embarrassments our government has pulled on its people in a long time. At least since the Stimulus the year before.

Between that and another 10 or 12 trillion in debt we’ll spend decades cleaning up after this Administration.

Chuck Schick on December 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Chuck Schick on December 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Yet it remains…

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Were you in a cave during that whole OWS thing?

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Point well taken. Although I thought it was all just “deposits.” Didn’t know about them having a fling-fest.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Couldn’t we at least keep them in a zoo? I’m sure they would be fun to watch.

*I wonder if they like to fling poo, like their ancestors*

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I thought they took after their ancestors……

I think a wax museum would be in order…
We could have a wax figure of Wooppie.
Of Aflack…(or however he spells his name)
Of Madonna
Of Michelle Jackson..
Of..

Wait a tick..

I’ve seen this..

In Vegas…

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

“Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

Axe on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

1050 N. Camino Seco. Look for the crimson trace. It lights the way.

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Did you send your form in to attack watch, junior? They’ll help you.
They care. They really, really do.

Us…not so much.

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Bags of it.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

The Mayans were wrong..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The only principal Republicans believe in, apparently, is clinging to power.

urban elitist on December 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

we also know that you, your family, brothers, sisters, grandchildren, great grandchildren will fall under obamacare and die premature deaths due to poor medical care.

i derive comfort from the thougt.

renalin on December 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I spit @ the ground-but I won’t touch anything. I may find the leftist view to be repugnant-but that doesn’t give me the right to tough what isn’t mine.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Axe on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Not bad, but I still prefer Linus.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

‘touch’.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Leftist are always willing to volunteer someone else to dies for their causes.
SWalker on December 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

So when should we expect to find you bravely beneath YOUR first ly*ched “Fifth Column Treasonous Media Propagandist”?

I mean since your so such a brave “Sam Adam’s” re*olutionary.

Such a big man! Paper tiger.

You will do nothing. So shut you blustering mouth.

Or… Step outside and show us all how brave, heroic, and selflessly patriotic you are, defending your country from its enemies.

I’ll be watching the news for you pumpkin. Such a big brave boy! Mommy and Daddy are SO proud of you!

Paper.tiger. Coward. Comments section r*volutionary. Yellow bellied. Big talking. But too scared to do anything but anonymously “talk”.

*Pats you on your little head*

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Were you in a cave during that whole OWS thing?

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

They really are filthy animals, aren’t they.

(It’s funny, too, that they couldn’t take living in the cold in NYC…yet that’s what they want all of civilization reduced to.
When things get really bad, and the power goes out…they’re gonna be droppin’ like flies.)

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Axe on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

The greatest TRUE story ever told. :)

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Typical leftist: “…i can send someone over…”.
Sniveling coward. If you had any guts, you’d offer to go get them yourself.
Leftists are cowards.
Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Just that whole “organizing” part you gotta work out first, right?

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Pay close attention fool.

SWalker on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I actually fear the true backlash. It’s gonna be brutal.

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

sends shivers up my spine.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I love the lefty protesters. Check out the sign that this paid wino protester is carrying.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Open invitation. Wuss.

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Crap. Link didn’t work.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The Mayans were wrong..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Haha. Yes, yes they were. An early Merry Christmas to you, Dire!

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

*Pats you on your little head*

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

That would leave you with a bloody stump.

SWalker on December 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

sends shivers up my spine.

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Cool..
At least your alive..

Electrongod on December 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

This “Stranger” is a classic, too – you can tell they had “You Keep Me Hanging On” on their minds when they wrote it!

Apologies for the lack of a studio version – all of them I found were blocked in the US. This live version is still good, though.

The Damned – “Stranger on the Town”

Anti-Control on December 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

‘touch’.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

tough…touch…third time the charm?

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I’m starting to dress less like a Chi-girl and more like a Tex-girl…

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Hey Twerp! I like the boots–three pairs of Ariats at this end of things. Four pairs of Old Gringos, with another under the tree on Tuesday. Because, you know, one can never have enough cowboy boots…especially in the Windy City!

herm2416 on December 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Maybe this one?

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Did you send your form in to attack watch, junior? They’ll help you.
They care. They really, really do.
Us…not so much.
Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Like I said. Coward.

Don’t want to try to answer my question do you? Cause the answer is never, huh. We’ll never see you backing up big talk with actions, sacrifice, and risk.

No, just taps on your keyboard from the comfort of your house. And MAYBE if someone else starts it up, you’ll join up and run with the back of the mob yelling, “yeah!! What he said!!”. Until it fizzles out and you safely return home having… Never.done.a.thing.

It’s kind cute actually. Your over-toughness and big man in a comments section persona. Such a great role model. Leads by such great example.

;)

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

U mad, bro? BWAHAHAHAhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll bet you work in “media”, don’t you?

Filthy lickspittles…all of them.

Lying ‘journOlisters’.

Solaratov on December 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

An early Merry Christmas to you, Dire!

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your family..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I hate when this happens.

Maybe this will work. If not, screw it. IF it does, check the sign.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Yay!

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

;)

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

At least you admit to being a genuine coward.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Answer here if you are one of the 71%.

jaime on December 22, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Very funny.

Dod yiu kudw tidt if ypu oghy ufe tze cproetc fprit aid lqat lriieos of a wvnd mpst peieue cmn soepl rxad it?

Night Owl on December 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Hm.

Axe on December 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

That time it worked.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM

The Mayans were wrong..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yeah well. They’re extinct, so just how smart were they?

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I read through last night’s QOTD this morning. You guys played some great tunes. I really enjoyed Bye Bye Life. Haven’t watched that movie in years, but it’s a favorite.

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

At least you admit to being a genuine coward.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

An imbecile as well, he’s pissing all over himself cause people are pissed off at him and his Fifth Column Treasonous Media Propagandist butt buddies. Can’t see the irony of calling others internet tough guys… Over the safety of an anonymous internet connection.

SWalker on December 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM

That time it worked.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I saw that. Hadn’t used tinypic in a while. It took me a while to figure it out.

But just be sure to stay out of that old man’s ovaries, ya hear?

Lefties. Soooooooo entertaining.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The only principal Republicans believe in, apparently, is clinging to power.

urban elitist on December 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

that actually doesn’t make any sense…the expedient thing to do is vote with barry.

But your view of the dem/left is half right. While many Dem/Left did see obama.care as the once in a Lifetime…100 years in the making…the Historic Legacy of an Historic President (etc. etc. etc.), many were threatened, bought etc. Hardly a ‘principled’ approach. Dem machines are Not principled…except to Dominate the political playing field

The effectiveness of Dem Machines can be seen in many of our cities…which often resemble the cities of the warsaw pact. Hmmmmm…i wounder why?

leftists can claim no high ground in actually helping people, other than their friends…so ‘principle’ rapidly devolves into the Machine….aka (in Chicago) as the Combine

r keller on December 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM

85710.

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Yeah well. They’re extinct, so just how smart were they?

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Heh. That was my mom’s take. :)

Axe on December 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM

herm2416 on December 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I was helping a woman yesterday, and she mentioned her hometown Wally. It was in Springfield. She seem stunned when I told her that until April 2011, I was a Chi-girl. She thought that I was a native…Texan. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I’ll Bet..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Open invitation.

wolly4321 on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

what kind of beer do you like?

sesquipedalian on December 22, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Maybe this will work. If not, screw it. IF it does, check the sign.

predator on December 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

lol, took me a sec. Due to my extensive training I was assessing the threat in the background from the two white females. :)

arnold ziffel on December 22, 2012 at 11:40 PM

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

So creepy good, go figure.

I always play it with this one, but went to bed after posting that one last night.

cozmo on December 22, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Axe on December 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I’ll Bet..:)

Dire Straits on December 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM

FOR THE MOOCHERS:

Easy Livin’

Stealin’

4Grace on December 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Pay close attention fool.

SWalker on December 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Awe! That’s so cute!! A link to a Wikipedia entry about tarring and feathering!!

I can’t wait! When do you start?! I mean come on! How hard are those supplies to get?! You can totally go out and do that!

But you won’t. Because you’re a coward. A paper tiger who will sit anonymously and talk big and then wait and hope someone else has the nerve to actually do it so you can jump in and say, “Yeah!! Me too!!”

I’m paying attention, sir. How long should I focus on the news waiting to see of your glorious arrival and statement before I give up on it as pointless from the start cause you’re nothing but a yellow bellied anonymous dude on the web who likes to pretend you’re bigger, stronger, braver, and more important that you really are?

You got a timeline here until YOUR tarring’s and Ly*chings start? I’m so excited! I won’t be let down will I?!

Coward.

*Pats you on your little head*
Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM
That would leave you with a bloody stump.
SWalker on December 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Oh sir, I’m so sorry. Geez, you so tough and manly. You should be in old western movies. I picture you saying that in your cowboy hat, swinging doors in the saloon, shot glass of whiskey in hand.

You certainly are practiced well.

To bad it’s just an act.

Paper.Tiger.

Kisses sweetheart. ;)

Genuine on December 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I have decided to be a Box Jellyfish. That is all.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM