RIP, Robert Bork

posted at 10:31 am on December 19, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Perhaps no jurist has had as much impact in our lifetimes as Robert Bork without sitting on the Supreme Court — and perhaps no jurist has been as unfairly maligned.  After a life of public service, the US Senate under the direction of Ted Kennedy conducted a character assassination on Bork that denied him a seat on the high court and turned his surname into a synonym for smear campaigns.  Bork’s reputation outshone those of his critics in the end, however, and Bork remained influential on a new generation of legal thought.

Judge Bork passed away today at the age of 85:

Family members said Bork, 85, died early Wednesday morning. He had a history of heart problems and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, a lung condition.

His funeral is scheduled for Saturday. …

President Ronald Regan nominated Bork to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1987. In a 58-to-42 vote, the Senate rejected his nomination — it was by one of the widest margins in U.S. history.

Republicans have long said his defeat was a completely partisan move and have said Bork was one of the greatest conservative figures in history.

Steven Hayward remembers the 1987 confirmation fight, and the irony of the Left’s attack on him today:

Bork’s nomination brought out the highest hypocrisy of the Left.  Take the current Vice President, Wide-Mouth Biden, as an example.  When President Carter nominated the liberal Abner Mikva to an appeals court in 1979, Biden rebuffed conservative complaints about Mikva’s activist liberal philosophy: “I think that the advice and consent responsibility of the Senate does not permit us to deprive the President of the United States from being able to appoint that person or persons who have a particular point of view unless it can be shown that their temperament does not fit the job.”  Ted Kennedy said on the Senate floor: “If strong political views were a disqualifying factor from serving on the federal bench, then all of us here today—and every man and women who has ever served in either house of Congress, or held political office—would be disqualified.”  Kennedy had made a similar argument in 1967 in defense of Thurgood Marshall’s appointment to the Supreme Court.  That all went out the window with Bork, of course.

Bork’s death today might well represent his ultimate revenge on the Left: had he been confirmed to the Court, his passing today (there’s no special reason to think he would have retired) would have opened up an appointment for President Obama to name a new Justice and tip the Court to the Left.  Instead, the man Reagan put in the seat Bork would have filled, Anthony Kennedy, will carry on, determined, I am reliably told, to serve at least until Obama is gone in part because he was offended by Obama’s demagogic attack on the Citizens United decision that Kennedy wrote.

Roger Kimball goes into more detail:

The vicious campaign waged against Judge Bork set a new low—possibly never exceeded—in the exhibition of unbridled leftist venom, indeed hate.  Reporters combed through the Borks trash hoping to find comprising tidbits; they inspected his movie rentals, and were disgusted to find the films of John Wayne liberally represented.  So hysterical was the campaign against Judge Bork that a new transitive verb entered our political vocabulary: “To Bork,” scruple at nothing in order to discredit and defeat a political figure. Monsieur Guillotine gave his name to that means of execution; “progressives,” those leftists haters of America who have so disfigured our national life since the 1960s, gave us the this new form of character assassination.  The so-called “Lion of the Senate,” Ted Kennedy, surely one of the most despicable men ever to hold high public office in the United States (yes, that’s saying something), stood on the Senate floor and emitted a serious of calumnious  lies designed not simply to prevent Judge Bork from being appointed to the Supreme Court but to soil his character irretrievably. “Robert Bork’s America,” quoth Kennedy,

is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit down at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens’ doors in midnight raids, schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution, writers and artists would be censored at the whim of government, and the doors of the Federal courts would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens for whom the judiciary is often the only protector of the individual rights that are the heart of democracy.

A breathtaking congeries of falsehoods that, were they not protected by the prerogatives of senatorial privilege, would have taken a conspicuous place in the annals of malicious slander and character assassination. In The Tempting of America, Judge Bork recounts his incredulity at this tissue of malign fabrication. “It had simply never occurred to me that anybody could misrepresent my career and views as Kennedy did.” At the time, he notes, many people thought that Kennedy had blundered by emitting so flagrant, and flagrantly untrue, an attack. They were wrong. His “calculated personal assault, . . . more violent than any against a judicial nominee in our country’s history,” did the job (with a little help from Joe Bidenand Arlen Specter). Not only was Kennedy instrumental in preventing a great jurist from taking his place on the Supreme Court, he also contributed immeasurably to the cheapening of American political discourse.

In a way, Robert Bork had the last laugh.  Ted Kennedy went to his grave a rancid, lumbering, pathetic laughing stock. Bork went from intellectual triumph to intellectual triumph, contributing now-classic studies to the library of legal understanding and penning two of the most important works of social criticism of the last several decades, the aforementioned Tempting of America and Slouching Toward Gomorrah, wild bestsellers both. I am proud to say that this spring Encounter Books will be publishing a memoir by Judge Bork called Saving Justice: Watergate,. The Saturday Night Massacre, and Other  Adventures of a Solicitor General.

The Federalist Society put together a must-view tribute to Bork in April of last year, while Bork was still around to appreciate it.  It’s a worthy obituary for today.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I grieve.

I read his book.

Rest in peace, Your Honor.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

RIP Judge Bork. You deserved better. May we all live to 85.

hawkdriver on December 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I’m too young to really remember the whole nomination fight, but looking back I can see a pattern. The Left realized they could get away with this, and so far, the Republicans have let them. How many Borks, Palins, etc do we have to go through before we fight back twice as hard? May he rest in peace though.

joekenha on December 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Bork’s death today might well represent his ultimate revenge on the Left: had he been confirmed to the Court, his passing today (there’s no special reason to think he would have retired) would have opened up an appointment for President Obama to name a new Justice and tip the Court to the Left. Instead, the man Reagan put in the seat Bork would have filled, Anthony Kennedy, will carry on, determined, I am reliably told, to serve at least until Obama is gone in part because he was offended by Obama’s demagogic attack on the Citizens United decision that Kennedy wrote.

RIP Mr. Bork. Our Country loves you.

VegasRick on December 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

So sad, such a giant in the field of law. May God welcome him and may God comfort his family and friends (which are in the millions) in their sorrow.

Cindy Munford on December 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM

AS I recall, Judge Bork was also a professor of law. Among many, he was considered a foremost scholar of the Constitution.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Let the lsm giddiness begin

Tragic

RIP sir

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Thank you for the note about ultimate revenge. Makes my day. :-)

itsspideyman on December 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

John Roberts he wasn’t. RIP.

Mr. Arrogant on December 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

joekenha on December 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

His hearings could be the very historical moment that the Left lost their minds and were proud of it.

Cindy Munford on December 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Well said joekenha

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

RIP, Your Honor. Thank you for all that you did.

MelonCollie on December 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Let the lsm giddiness begin

Tragic

RIP sir

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Of course they’re going to do that. Liberals are ghouls.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Sad ain’t it Liam

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I believe the good judge knew the Lord.

I’ll get to meet him, later.

On the downside, our country is worse off due to that 1987 confirmation vote.

I don’t believe I’ll be seeing Senator Tedward Kennedy, on the “other side”.

listens2glenn on December 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Eternal rest grant to him, oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him, and may God grant His peace and consolation to his family.

JoAnn1965 on December 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Sad ain’t it Liam

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM

“Horrifying” is the term I would use about liberals.

The usual trolls need to be careful around me right now, given what they did over Sandy Hook. I’m not feeling all to generous at the moment.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

The GOP has been deathly afraid of the left from that day forward.

Mr. Grump on December 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

joekenha on December 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Cindy Munford on December 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

If you’re speaking about leftists in elected office, YES.

Grass roots leftists lost their minds much earlier than that.

listens2glenn on December 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Looks like politico glosses over Kennedy’s assassination of Bork

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Godspeed Judge Bork

melle1228 on December 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Liberal senators and representatives, former students of Bork’s, declaimed his treatment by their own party, afterwards. A few even called Kennedy’s screed an outright lie.

Axeman on December 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

The Bork confirmation, IMO, is the point where politics began the current cycle of polarization. Ever since 1987, when the left seems to be about as unethical, corrupt, and immoral as they can get- they lower the bar again. In a decent world the rat-eared wonder wouldn’t be in Congress let alone President but we are a few weeks out from giving the bastard another four years.

RIP Judge Bork. You will not be forgotten.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

He would have made a great justice.

….in a nation speeding towards Gommorah.

PappyD61 on December 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Axeman on December 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

When Judge Bork’s book came out, I went to a bookstore hoping to buy a copy. The counterman said, “No, we don’t have it. Why would you want to read it anyway?”

Needless to say, I bought my copy elsewhere.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Axeman on December 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

But only afterward, not when it mattered. That’s the problem with the left. They’ll pretty much defend the indefensible and then, after it is too late, they’ll revise and ammend their comments. They did it over Bork’s nomination, they did it over Clinton’s perjury, and they are doing it now with the rat-eared wonder. It will only be after the bastard is out of office, illegals are full citizens, the Consititution is gutted, and the nation is on the same economic footing as Greece that any Dem politician says anything bad about the filthy commie in th White House.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Needless to say, I bought my copy elsewhere.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Hmmm. Was it Borders, perhaps?

I remember that book was a best-seller.

22044 on December 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

listens2glenn on December 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Yes, thanks for the clarification, that is indeed what I meant.

Cindy Munford on December 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

As I recall, Reagan offered to pull the nomination to spare Bork the brutality of the lefties. Bork refused choosing instead to stand by his beliefs and force the likes of swimmer kennedy to show their true stripes.

Sad day to lose someone like Bork. He will be missed.

Lost in Jersey on December 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

22044 on December 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Ohhhh, I hope it was Borders, he who laughs last laughs loudest.

Cindy Munford on December 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Thank you for loving this country and upholding its laws, your Honor. Godspeed.

kingsjester on December 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

The GOP has been deathly afraid of the left from that day forward.

Mr. Grump on December 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Bill Clinton.

STL_Vet on December 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

“…the left seems to be about as unethical, corrupt, and immoral as they can get- they lower the bar again…”

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Yet, liberals somehow think themselves above every of their imaginary bars. That’s why those vermin keep moving the goalposts.

You have no idea how much I hate them after how they treated Sandy Hook.

Liberals stopped us from simply grieving; they refused to leave us alone in that. They made a political fight when we needed to make sense.

Liberals–the trolls here–came to abuse us when we needed to be friends in mutual sorrow. They couldn’t give us peace together, let alone join with us. As a matter of fact, all the trolls flat out refused to give us a moment. All they wanted, and did, was attack us. And for no reason other than their f*cking politics.

I’m going to apologize in advance to the Ladies and other Conservatives here. I’m blistering angry with liberals right now, and I’m apt to light off if some lib tries invading here.

Liberals need to be stopped. Since HA management won’t stop them, I’m likely to to light off. So, I apologize in advance for whatever harshness might spew from me.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM

And we slouch ever closer to Gomorrah, sitting at the very bottom of that Screed lined hill.

Logus on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

May this great man, scholar, and patriot rest forever in Peace. Godspeed, Your Honor.

TXUS on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Get rid of the hipster acronyms when paying your respects. It defeats the purpose and became trite about ten years ago (RIP).

Mr. Borg, may you rest in peace.

michaelthomas on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

RIP, good sir.

Bitter Clinger on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

You go Liam@10:51

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Judge Bork was one of our greatest legal minds. May he rest in peace.

rjoco1 on December 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM

If there is a Supreme Court in heaven, Robert Bork will be one of the nine on the bench…

R.I.P. your Honor, soft and sweet be thy resting place…

Khun Joe on December 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I don’t believe I’ll be seeing Senator Tedward Kennedy, on the “other side”.

listens2glenn on December 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Maybe if you learn to drive like Teddy, and leave a young lady to die in your backseat (and cover it up to save your own a$$), you can see him someday.

You might find the heat a little uncomfortable in that place, though.

UltimateBob on December 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hmmm. Was it Borders, perhaps?

I remember that book was a best-seller.

22044 on December 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I forget the title, actually. But I got my copy and enjoyed every page. The most curious thing was that Bork’s only problem about the Roe decision is that the Supreme Court went about it the wrong way. *L*

The man was brilliant. Though, when it comes to abortion, I’m largely against it. But that’s another story for another time.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

joekenha on December 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

It may just me but the lefts destroying Bork was the begining of the the tactic of destroy those they fear

KBird on December 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Mr. Borg, may you rest in peace.

michaelthomas on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

How about showing some respect by at least spelling the man’s name (BORK) correctly? He’s not a Star Trek villain.

UltimateBob on December 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I was active duty AF during this time frame, and recall the feeling of disappointment in the leaders of my country for which I was serving. I suspect Judge Bork was not a man of revenge, but I am happy to see the evil plans of the those who defeated him thwarted in at least one sense.

STL_Vet on December 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I wish I could say something profound about the man. I have/had lots of respect for his views and such. His nomination back then did bring out what the left is about.

Rest In Peace Mr Bork.

TerryW on December 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Mr. Borg, may you rest in peace.

michaelthomas on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

And maybe get off your lawn while we’re at it? Sod off.

MelonCollie on December 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM

RIP, Robert Bork.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let the Perpetual Light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

PatriotGal2257 on December 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM

It’s fitting that he outlived the disgusting slob Teddy.

slickwillie2001 on December 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM

America’s unjust treatment of Judge Bork, like Sarah Palin, should shame this country forever.

CrustyB on December 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

The rejection by the Senate of Robert Bork’s nomination to SCOTUS was my personal first “eye opener” to the evil nature of the left. The bloom was off the Kennedy rose, for me anyway. And I’ve admired Mr. Bork ever since.

R.I.P sir. You deserved better.

eyesky on December 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It’s fitting that he outlived the disgusting slob Teddy.

slickwillie2001 on December 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Good point!

+1000

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I can’t wait. Just don’t get yourself banned, I enjoy your contributions to this site.

UltimateBob on December 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM

You’ll get no complaints from me. There is nothing you can say to them, that they do not deserve.

hawkdriver on December 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

CrustyB on December 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It wasn’t America. The abuse came only from Democrats and other liberals.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

hawkdriver on December 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I’m not out for a fight, but after the troll here for five days about Sandy Hook, my goodwill is used up. I don’t want to hurt anyone, but if liberals invade any thread, I’m going to tear their souls apart. Within HA rules, of course.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I was in high school in 1987-I turned 18 a few weeks before the ’88 presidential election-and I remember how outraged that this good man was being called racist, a Jew-hater, etc. As a young conservative, I was quite impressed by Judge Bork. That summer, for the first time, I saw how shrill, and unreasonable the left was.

RIP, Patriot.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Go for it. This is one woman who will enjoy the read, no apologies necessary.

totherightofthem on December 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM

cripe…switched over to msdnc

‘controversial judge, robert bork’…yada yada yada

classy as ever…..idiots

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I’m with you. It was disgusting the way the blood wasn’t even dry before the left was out there making it clear that they were going to use this opportunity to renew an assault on the Second Amendment.

And yes, the HA trolls have had a pretty easy ride over the whole issue. I don’t know if HA management is as anti-gun as they are pro-amnesty but the discourse has not been civil or constructive.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Go for it. This is one woman who will enjoy the read, no apologies necessary.

totherightofthem on December 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM

If a troll invades…

I’m really done with them. If HA management forces us to suffer them all the time, then I’m going to rip the troll. Within HA rules, of course.

Liberals are so easy to psychologically dissect they should be ashamed of themselves. And I know how to use a scalpel.

Because of their own words, I’m going to be merciless against the trolls. So they better f*cking behave for once.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM

classy as ever…..idiots

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Isn’t that always the way? Demonize your enemy by spewing lies and then calling them “controversial” for positions they never held in the first place. They did it to GWB. They did it to Sara Palin. They did it to Mitt Romney. They are in the process of doing it to the NRA.

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Happy Nomad on December 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM

What HA management has forced us to suffer from the trolls is really quite abusive of us. All we want is peaceful place to gather in peace. Only the trolls disturb that peace. Not by their opinions, but with their endless assaults.

And Management allows it, no matter all our appeals.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I all but called lostmotherland’s mom a crack h0re yesterday. It’s time to take the gloves off.

UltimateBob on December 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM

And he had cajones!!!!

When he knew his nomination had been successfully demonized by Kennedy and the evil Left he made them vote.

He wanted them to be on record for their votes and Reagan stood by him.

It was a great battle.

And its been the template for the left ever since.

PappyD61 on December 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Heck ya happy nomad

cmsinaz on December 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM

You might find the heat a little uncomfortable in that place, though.

UltimateBob on December 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Ted Kennedy will be ok … it IS the lake of fire ….

conservative tarheel on December 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Mary Jo was unavailable for comment about the DWI killer

conservative tarheel on December 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Mr. Borg, may you rest in peace.

michaelthomas on December 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM

“Bork” my friend. I love your comments here. Let’s not diminish fellow Conservative’s condolences by examining their delivery.

And it’s been a staple acronym for quite a few centuries on headstones

hawkdriver on December 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Fire away, please!

annoyinglittletwerp on December 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM

R.I.P. to Robert Bork and condolences to his family. I have mixed feelings on his legacy. He was obviously a giant in the realm of constitutional law whether you agreed with his conclusions or not. I also approve of the fact that he was not shy to divulge his opinions even though I disagreed with them. I do believe that a the game of a nominee playing coy with their opinions, while frustrating, is the right course to take. While I agree that his confirmation process was over the top (though before my time), I am not saddened that he did not sit on the Supreme Court. I would have enjoyed taking his class as I feel he would’ve challenged you to defend your beliefs (especially as a liberal) to the highest levels. His legacy will live on whenever a Supreme Court confirmation occurs, with his students, his family, and constitutional law scholars.

ripcord on December 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Eduard Kennedy died a killer and a drunkard slob.

The Justice died with honor.

The once great land went the way he predicted.

Schadenfreude on December 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Another piece of America’s former greatness is gone.

RIP. You were one of the great ones.

MNHawk on December 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM

May Ted Kennedy have to account for every word of it.

Axion on December 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM

“Mhhh, just think that I could have replaced this ultra conservative with Sandra Fluke” — Obama.

Schadenfreude on December 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Not so sure about that. Think of the numerous 5-4 decisions where Kennedy voted with the liberals, there’s no way Bork would have. All the best to his family and friends, but justice was done in regards to denying his tenure on the Court. He advocated a judicial philosophy that opposed the moral values of the nation. Originalism was in direct conflict with the work the Warren Court did to guide African Americans towards full citizenship. Had Bork been on the Warren Court he would have voted to uphold Jim Crow laws…something he readily admitted by describing those rulings as poor Constitutional philosophy. Like Barry Goldwater he may have been a perfectly pleasant person, and there’s no question he was very intelligent. But his philosophy was fundamentally immoral. That’s sort of that.

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Bork was Akin if he joins the clan. Nothing of value is lost.

lester on December 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I know I’m wrong for this, and I’m sure that Judge Bork was a bigger man than this, but I have a picture in my head of him standing at the Pearly Gates, looking (way, way, way) down at Ted Kennedy, and waving with a smile.
Judge Bork was worth at least a thousand Teddys, and he will be missed

CantCureStupid on December 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM

joekenha on December 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

As long as the GOP and conservatives are wimpy gelded wusses, it will continue. Like that idiot Joe somebody who called the jugeared jac kass a liar in Congress. Then he backs down and apologizes even though he has constitutional immunity on the floor of Congress.

Kind of makes his original outburst look pretty hollow, no?

When we have politicians with half the huevos of the HotGas keyboard commandos, we’ll have a chance. As it is now, no hope.

platypus on December 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM

…Good man!…RIP!

KOOLAID2 on December 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM

A brave, brilliant,bright smile in the world has passed into God’s realm.
He will be missed.
Thank you for your life and sacrifice.
GOD speed.

Delsa on December 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Got some quotes there, sport, or are you just making it up again? Especially the quote about voting to uphold Jim Crowe.

But we already know a personal and professional fraud such as yourself can not do that, don’t we?

Bork certainly was a giant in a nation of small little minds, such as libfree.

MNHawk on December 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Says the worst liar that comments here.

hawkdriver on December 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM

libyouneverdeservetobefree, never

Schadenfreude on December 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Why do you have to come here and disturb people who wish to mourn? Who the F*CK do you think you are? You stain every thread, no matter how it is.

And you wonder why you are so reviled around here? You’re no victim. You’re a f*cking perpetrator of all that is vile–the perfect representative of liberalism.

Just show some class other than that of a typical Chicago street thug for once. Just shut up and go away, will you?

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

You were here when we were mourning last Friday the loss of all those children in Sandy Hook. What did YOU do with that? YOU attacked us! You made sport of us to push your liberal politics. You refused to give us a minute–join with us–to grieve and try making sense of it all.

F*CK you! YOU, libfree, are nothing but a horrid monster. The only reason we have to suffer putrid little you is because the Mods allow it. If we had our choice, you’d have been kicked out long ago.

Just because you have an allowance doesn’t mean you have right of f*cking place to keep abusing us.

You are among the vilest f*cking scum I have ever seen.

F*ck you, liberal carrion-eater. I hope you are one day forced to eat your own sh*t and live long to regret the taste every lasting day.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM

But his philosophy was fundamentally immoral. That’s sort of that.

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

What Commie site did you read that on… that you decided to parrot it here?

Axion on December 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Apologies to decent Hotarians. After Sandy Hook, I’ve had my fill of liberals.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Go over to the Washington Post board on Judge Bork’s death and have fun with all your brain dead, lying a$$hole friends. You and your ilk are nothing but useless Pieces of Feces floating in the crapper of life–you stink, are repulsive, and can’t be tolerated by decent people. You must be flushed away. Try to come to this board with some truth and facts no matter how they contravene your point of view. You are one of the most immoral, irrational, lying and hateful POS to besmirch HA.

Obutthead has made sure you will not “libfree”. So die.

NOMOBO on December 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM

So, pretty much the only reason that we were supposed to trust Romney on judicial nominations would have died before his term even started.

besser tot als rot on December 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM

And RIP Judge (should have been Justice) Bork.

besser tot als rot on December 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Don’t feed the trolls though they throw bait and red meat in your direction.

They starve without attention and go somewhere else looking for it.

PappyD61 on December 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Bork didn’t get Justice…….but I bet Kennedy did.

PappyD61 on December 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Don’t feed the trolls though they throw bait and red meat in your direction.

They starve without attention and go somewhere else looking for it.

PappyD61 on December 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM

They keeping coming back, to kick us when we’re down. they want to abuse? Fine. I’m going to abuse right back.

The trolls here have overstayed their allowance, let alone their welcome. I, for one, intend to slam them every way I can. they try making sites like this unwelcome for Conservatives, hoping we’ll walk away in droves from their abuse and be able to cause the site to fold. But this is our home, not theirs. I treat liberals the same way I would regard any intruder in my home. the only thing missing is…

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

It’s about f*cking time you learned that being black, gay, and a liberal that you don’t have license to be an abuser. I bet that if you didn’t have allowance to come here to abuse us, you would be assaulting your peal-life partner instead. As a matter of fact, I bet you’re a domestic abuser already. With the anonymity of the Net, it’s a safe bet that people who act in ‘public’ here are the same in private. Of course, you wouldn’t risk any of that in the real-world public.

You and all the other liberals, most especially YOU, have hit a new low. Saddest is that next time, you’ll aim to go lower. And then think you hold some moral high ground!

F*ck you, libfree.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM

It was the fact the Democrats got away with “Borking” Judge Bork – simply making up outrageous lies about him for political reasons – that emboldened and enabled them to live on dishonest for the next three decades.

From Clinton’s own secret health care meetings to his lies under oath, to the corrupt and dishonest leadership of Pelosi, Reid, and Obama, it can all be traced to the desperate need to stop Bork.

And the pitiable state of our nation today can also be traced to the same source.

Adjoran on December 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM

RIP

Adjoran on December 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM

libfreeordie on December 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

You’re no f*cking better than the Westboros. Oh, wait! The other day you intimated you’re all for them protesting at the funerals of the children in Sandy Hook.

I would say I have your number, but you have two of them. Zero and 666.

F*ck you.

Liam on December 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Rush is giving a tribute to Bork now. It is nice and Rush felt he was his friend.

RIP Mr Bork. May God open His arms to welcome you and may God comfort your family.
L