Quotes of the day

posted at 10:11 pm on December 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

Republican members of the House of Representatives, where the party holds a majority of seats, discussed the killings in their weekly closed-door conference meeting and said afterward there was more willingness now to talk about regulating weapons.

“You are going to have some people who never, never go there,” Representative Steve LaTourette, an Ohio Republican, told reporters, referring to a small number of Republicans who will not countenance any talk of gun regulation.

“But yes, I think most Republicans are willing to have a very, very serious conversation about what this means and taking a second look at what the Second Amendment (guaranteeing the right to bear arms) means in the 21st century,” he said.

***

Boehner said the GOP’s strategy would be to examine the reasons that the mass shootings of recent years have been carried out, almost exclusively, by young, white males with mental illnesses, according to the lawmaker in the room.

“We need to have a discussion about guns,” the lawmaker said, relaying Boehner’s remarks, “and that doesn’t mean that all of a sudden we abandon the Second Amendment or the NRA [National Rifle Association] or anything like that. But there needs to be a discussion and everybody needs to participate and we need to depoliticize it.”

Boehner also told Republicans that they need to be “circumspect” in their observations, the lawmaker said, warning that “it’s not helpful” for lawmakers to call for arming teachers as a way to prevent mass shootings.

***

No reasonable person, and that includes millions of gun owners, wants to repeal the Second Amendment – though I suspect more than a few liberals would like to if they could. But no reasonable person can make the case any longer that civilians need semi-automatic weapons and clips that hold 100 bullets…

The First Amendment guarantees all of us freedom of speech. But we can’t shout fire in a crowded theater if there is no fire, and we can’t libel decent people with made up stories designed to hurt them. No rights are absolute.

Republicans would be smart to actually lead the move to ban assault weapons and not just follow the Democrats. This would help repair the damage done to the GOP brand by the crazies who think President Obama was born somewhere outside of the United States and the zealots who think that abortion should always be illegal, even in the case of rape or incest.

But on many issues Republicans aren’t smart. So when Congress convenes in January, and gun legislation is brought up on Day One, some Republicans will vote No on the assault weapon ban. If too many vote that way, it will be another self-inflicted wound for the GOP, more proof that they’re out of touch with the American people.

***

The reaction to the Newtown shootings spread to corporate America and to California on Tuesday, as a private equity firm said it would immediately sell the company that made the assault-style rifle used in shootings, while California lawmakers announced an effort to regulate the sale of ammunition more tightly…

In announcing the sale of the gun manufacturer, the private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management made clear that the decision stemmed from the killings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in Newtown, Conn. “It is apparent that the Sandy Hook tragedy was a watershed event that has raised the national debate on gun control to an unprecedented level,” Cerberus said in a news release.

The firm said it planned to sell the Freedom Group, which makes the .223 Bushmaster rifle used in the massacre. Cerberus acquired Bushmaster in 2006, later merging it with other gun companies to create the Freedom Group.

***

1. Institutions can change. The NRA has become an implacable foe of gun control but that doesn’t mean it will always be. There could be glasnost in the NRA Kremlin, a recognition that the world has changed. It’s not a perfect analogy by any means but auto companies opposed seat belts and then accepted them as standard equipment. They fought air bags and then accepted them.

2. Hunters might triumph over the automatic crowd. At some point, it’s possible that hunters will feel less threatened by the spectre of gun control laws and be willing to assert themselves more. Of course, hunters are no more monolithic than “drivers” or “students” but they may not see themselves as having a vested interest in enormous magazines.

3. The NRA supported the 1934 Firearms Act, aimed at “gangster weapons” and the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 which prohibited interstate trade in handguns. Could the NRA be persuaded to support something to curtail the easy availability of guns of mass destruction? Right now, it’s inconceivable. In a year?

***

The partisan differences persist, however, across almost every demographic measure. White voters were substantially more likely to own guns than Hispanics, blacks or Asians. But white Republicans were more likely to own guns than white Democrats, Asian Republicans more likely than Asian Democrats, and so forth.

More elaborate data-mining techniques, such as logistic regression analysis, suggest that gun ownership is a more powerful predictor of whether a voter is Republican than her gender, whether or not she identifies as gay or lesbian, whether she is Hispanic, or whether she lives in the South, along with many other demographic characteristics.

And based on demographic inertia, the differences seem likely to grow over time. About 35 percent of Democratic voters aged 65 and older reported having a gun in their home, against about 25 percent of those aged 18 to 29. But gun ownership rates bore little relationship to age among Republican voters, and were constant at about 55 percent among all age groups. That might suggest that gun ownership will continue to decline among Democrats while holding steady among Republicans, further increasing the partisan gap.

***

Must every tragic mass shooting bring out the shrill ignorance of “gun control” advocates?…

The rate of gun ownership is higher in rural areas than in urban areas, but the murder rate is higher in urban areas. The rate of gun ownership is higher among whites than among blacks, but the murder rate is higher among blacks. For the country as a whole, hand-gun ownership doubled in the late 20th century, while the murder rate went down.

The few counter-examples offered by gun-control zealots do not stand up under scrutiny. Perhaps their strongest talking point is that Britain has stronger gun-control laws than the United States and lower murder rates…

There is innocent ignorance and there is invincible, dogmatic, and self-righteous ignorance. Every tragic mass shooting seems to bring out examples of both among gun-control advocates.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Yeah. Don’t remind me. Gross. Steamed clams with butter are the best.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I want a weapon that will stop baddies that enter my home-and my hands aren’t as strong as some.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Go to a gun store and get fitted and trained.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

**** Alert **** All Clear

Update: All-clear given at San Jose City College following report of gunman, campus search – @abc7newsBayArea

1 min ago by editor
=========================

canopfor on December 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Oysters are one of the most balanced foods there are.

One could be stranded on a desert island and, if allowed to eat oysters, be picked up years later with no pernicious health issues, as long as one didn’t pick up a bacteria from warm, stagnant water.

Oysters are actually an ideal food to healthily sustain Man.

Just a fact for y’all.

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I like the way it fits my hands. If I’m using it for self-defense-I need to feel comfortable with it.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

You need to feel comfortable when you shoot it.

Mrs. cozmo discovered that holding a comfortable gun and having a comfortable shooting gun ain’t always the same gun.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

West end girls

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

You just won yourself a fan.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Gotta go get dinner. Doctors today then didn’t eat.

Dang I’m not s’posed to have oysters with my health but they sound great ;-)

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Go to a gun store and get fitted and trained.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Just like Sen. Feinstein and Reid did..

Electrongod on December 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Happened to a friend of mine.

He went a little nuts though and befriended a vollyball.

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Just like Sen. Feinstein and Reid did..

Electrongod on December 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Those buzznuts work better as targets.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I was on the phone with my husband…a lot.
I like the 38. The gentleman showing it to me thought that I’d do well with it. There are certain bullets that will tamper the kick. one of the local ranges gives 2 hour classes for newbies-so I can get comfortable with it.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

My deer rifle’s fine for stopping power, but the bolt-action issue makes it not so good for repeated shots against distant-but-advancing targets.

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

davidk on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I have small hands. .38 feels great – .38 Special is a reach for the trigger finger.

Pick something first that fits your hand, then go from there.

If it doesn’t fit your hand, you’re at an immediate disadvantage controlling hammer and trigger with a revolver.

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

At least the sticker will look good on the truck

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

There is always your state run gun organization.

I haven’t gotten over the NRA and their “jack booted thugs” rant.

For me, the TSRA sticker looks better than the NRA sticker.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

BTW, not advocating a straight .38.

Hard to find ammo, and weak stopping power.

Just saying… if the gun don’t fit, you have a basic problem.

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

annoyinglittletwerp:

(I’m Kidding)

*Flame-Thrower*……

Rubs like h*ll:)

canopfor on December 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

that super genius whore they throw out on tv “dr oz” former heart surgeon, today commenting on newtown killers psyche.

same idiot who warned us about dying of arsenic poisoning from oysters.

the media lies, people die.

renalin on December 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Oysters are actually an ideal food to healthily sustain Man.

Just a fact for y’all.

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

*retching*

Except for those of us allergic to shellfish… Just sayin’.

Fallon on December 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I was on the phone with my husband…a lot.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I recommend you pay the money and get trained. If you have the time, I’ll tell you a little story.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

D*mmitt,thats Runs,not Rubs…………..ugh!

canopfor on December 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

For me, the TSRA sticker looks better than the NRA sticker.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Just googled it.. would that be Texas? How do you like the TSRA? Is there a Louisiana equivalent? Haven’t researched it…. have been a member of my own association ;-)

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

They try to yank us to the middle and then they turn around and go full Donk revealing that they were liars the whole time.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Like Fl Charlie in the can?
Now we have the Rube in the cube.

I had Mack your a “Nazi” to vote for.

I need my beach or I would move on up.

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Then they should have plenty to try out before you buy.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

i should also add that being 6’3″, 220 pounds and generally unafraid to get up close

sesquipedalian on December 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM

i still giggle about that.

sesquipedalian on December 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Don’t worry. The sight of a 6’3″, 220 pounds man “giggling” will scare off all the bogeymen.

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

OK, time for dinner!!

Gots to go.

I’m thinking of joining a NRA-type org. Need to support the 2nd Amendment, yeah.

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

same idiot who warned us about dying of arsenic poisoning from oysters.

the media lies, people die.

renalin on December 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

now see….attemping to eat a raw oyster would make me die of dehydration….from 72 hours of projectile vomiting.

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

*retching*

Except for those of us allergic to shellfish… Just sayin’.

Fallon on December 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Fallon:I’m thinking of the scene from Austin Powers!:O

Spitts,or Swallows!
(snark)

canopfor on December 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Relax

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I have small hands but long fingers and the trigger wasn’t hard to pull. That was one of the biggies that the mister said to be aware of.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I’m pretty sure every state has a statewide organization.

The way thing are going, I will probably rejoin the NRA…but won’t do it happily.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

West end girls

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Fat Bottomed Girls

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Berney Goldberg

The Second Amendment guarantees us the right to bear arms too. But that doesn’t mean we can shoot up a crowded theater. That’s why we have laws against that. But thanks for coming out of the closet, Bernie. Some libs can fake it for awhile, but they all slip up eventually.

I like the part about letting teachers carry better.

cozmo

Boehner says you’re not helping.

Boehner says

So, lawmakers should be focusing on what’s helpful to them as opposed to what saves lives. Nice to know where your priorities lie Boehner. One more reason why you need to go.

xblade on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Then they should have plenty to try out before you buy.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Yes, totally with you on that.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I’m happy you like it.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Oops. Wrong thread. Sorry.

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

cane_loader on December 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Ammo’s easy to find for this one.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Fat Bottomed Girls

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

That’s one of my all-time favorites.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Boehner says you’re not helping.

xblade on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I don’t give a flamin’ fat rat’s rear end what Boehner thinks right now.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

The issue isn’t that the government should somehow arm school employees, but how’s about simply allowing those that care to enjoy their second amendment rights at their place of employment?

Gee, ya think that thousands upon thousands of school teachers just may be gun owners already, and that many of those are former military and are already trained to handle weapons?

Since when does working in a school or other government agency (and, sad to say, many corporations) automatically preclude you from being armed? Even in a courthouse, you could be dead if someone goes off the deep end before the on-duty officers get to where the commotion is.

I suppose it’s possible that some day some nut is going to go on a shooting spree at a gun show or in a gun store, but they know that the damage they do will be very minimal before they get their heads blown off.

These creeps want to maximize the damage and therefore seek soft targets. Take away the soft targets and you remove their demented desire to make “history” the only way they’ll ever be able to.

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Relax

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Nice.J.
Good to see ya.

Relax don’t do it.
Hmmmm :P

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I’m happy you like it.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I’m a fiend for Pet Shop Boys, especially West End Girls.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I have small hands but long fingers and the trigger wasn’t hard to pull.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Tell me that couldn’t be the start of a mickey Spillane novel….lol.

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Yeah. Did you move closer to the waves? Just the sound is soothing. White noise is good for you.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I don’t give a flamin’ fat rat’s rear end what Boehner thinks right now.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Boehner can suck off.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Broken Wings

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I must say,the DEMOCRATS have AMERICA dancing like Puppetts
in this CHANGE,they are seeking,and it looks/appears as this
is CRISIS NUMBER 1!!!!!!

And along with the MSM,everybody seems not to be left out
in the cold,er Party,to RAM ANYTHING THROUGH,to ease there/
their EMOTIONS!!!!

LIBERALS/MSM PROXIES,WELL F*CKING DONE!!!

Hmmmmmmmm…………

Newtown backlash prompts gun investment overhaul

By Greg Roumeliotis and Ross Kerber
Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26pm EST
*****************************

canopfor on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Boehner can suck off.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

He would mess up giving a BJ

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Relax don’t do it.
Hmmmm :P

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I think they mean – Don’t do it, yet.

Good to see you, B9.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I’m kind of rushing things in case Zero decides to sign an EO adding the question: Have you ever been diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum?’ to the Instacheck form.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Oops. Wrong thread. Sorry.

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

…works for me!…we’re talking about Republican members of the House!

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Moving back home..space coast.
Two weeks and and counting.
Loosing the home..a good thing.
A block from the beach. B9 heaven.

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Boehner can suck off.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
He would mess up giving a BJ

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

He should probably just fornicate with himself becuase he’s done a fine job of screwing conservatives.

TxAnn56 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I don’t give a flamin’ fat rat’s rear end what Boehner thinks right now.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

cozmo:Good Gawd,keep it down,…

….you’ll have the CarbonCreditNazies doing a
carbon auditt up your wowzoo!!!!!!

(snark)–:)

canopfor on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I could really go for some flan.

Chilled

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Take My Breath away

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Fat Bottomed Girls

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Mom loved that song. It made her giggle. Dad liked Three Dog Night. They were so funny. I used to be so embarrassed of them. Oh, how I wish I could go back and enjoy those days again.

Fallon on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

try little necks.

renalin on December 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Boehner can suck off.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

He would mess up giving a BJ

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

…he wears his knee pads on the outside of his trousers…and he does… wear rubber gloves!
…it’s not like he’s not prepared?

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The Associated Press ‏@AP

Students from school where gunman killed 20 children will attend classes in neighboring town: http://apne.ws/T65hSX
===================================================

Dec 18, 10:02 PM EST

Conn. students to attend school in another town
***********************************************

canopfor on December 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

TxAnn56 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

He couldn’t find himself with a flashlight and GPS.

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Hi B9! Nice to see you!

KCB on December 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

He would mess up giving a BJ

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Guarantee you…Boner’s the guy who goes to the car dealership and somehow manages to pay OVER the Sticker price. Then goes home and tells all his buddies how he kicked the salesmans @ss.

I wouldn’t want this loser’s help negotiating a vet billing dispute for my dog.

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Oh, how I wish I could go back and enjoy those days again.

Fallon on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Know what you mean. Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer on Christmas Eve 2004 and passed away 8 months later. Dad passed away two years after she did. The only consolation I take is that they’re not here to see a once great country collapsing in front of our eyes.

TxAnn56 on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Take My Breath away

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Nice tune, wrong video.

Ahh Terry Nunn…

Warning! Not safe…just about anywhere

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

…works for me!…we’re talking about Republican members of the House!

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

The absolute SPINELESS Republican members of the House.

Have some fun with Progs. Show them these and ask which one was banned. All of them have gotten it wrong today. lol

Of course, they couldn’t define an assault weapon if you gave them the Pentagon’s definition of it.

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

…it’s not like he’s not prepared?

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Even if the Democrats told him here it was, Boehner couldn’t find his own ass

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Good to see you, B9.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You too.
been a while.
yet..
hs..

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

1 block? Thats great.
You will be breathing ocean mist which is very heathy and relaxes you. Don’t get caught in the rip tide. I’ll have to swoop by in my hang glider and scoop you out of the water like a sea hawk catchng a sea fish.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Take My Breath away

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Stop being a tease (hoping you’re a girl)

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Tainted Love

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

It’s time to talk about bringing the republican party to an end. They are moving so close to the Commie-crats, whats the difference?

Kjeil on December 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

davidk on December 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

…that was good!…I like BB.

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I could really go for some flan.

Chilled

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I’ll be seeing my sister in a few days working in her shop, I’ll send you some bread pudding. I wonder if she can make it with pumpkin?

JPeterman on December 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Hug a shark for me.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Ken!
U 2.
How are u?
Killing the job market with your mad skills and charm?

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Tainted Love

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Make….It…..Stop!

(lol)

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

The buffoon O’Reilly used the term “AK15″ the other night. I heard the Nuge on the radio this morning and he was on a roll about how these idiots can’t even get the terminology right, let alone the definition.

TxAnn56 on December 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

And now for some thing completely different…

Liam on December 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Oh, how I wish I could go back and enjoy those days again.

Fallon on December 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

They were easier then, for sure.

Baba O’Riley

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Hug a shark for me.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

We have been over this-kabobs.
Compromise..I will hug before fillet. ;)

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

If you ignore the fact that we are screwed, our party is hopeless, the American dream is lost forever, and that morons are dripping from the ceiling, things are just dandy.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Maybe after Christmas. ;-) Funemployed for two weeks. It’s ok though. Very happy to see you!

KCB on December 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I cannot believe the hand-wringing and panty-wetting over this, by anyone. It’s particularly despicable coming from so-called conservative politicians. The Second Amendment, the Last Freedom, is the only thing that ultimately secures the right of the people from the forced taking of all their other freedoms. Individual ownership of guns is the only reason that we were able to defeat a tyrant and thus give rise to a free nation in the 18th Century, and the only reason we will possibly survive the 21st.

That said, I will gladly surrender my firearms when the President and all the rest in government give up their protective details and arms.

TXUS on December 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Nothing wrong with that video. Did I see Freddy Mercury there?

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

What? You mean that ain’t “Teenage Wasteland”?

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I like sword fish and Chilean sea bass. Omg Chilean sea bass is to die for.

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Tainted Love

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

The original.

Myron Falwell on December 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

…*crowd yells*………D A V E…!!!

KOOLAID2 on December 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I cannot believe the hand-wringing and panty-wetting over this, by anyone.

TXUS on December 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

The pols I can believe, Dave’s and Cheaper Than Dirt, I cannot

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

SparkPlug on December 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Then I may purposely get caught in the rip current. :P

bazil9 on December 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Tim_CA on December 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Yeah, I like the song until I see the video. Blaaachh.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

TxAnn56 on December 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

The idiot, Rupert Murdoch, is DEMANDIND that Obama ban automatic weapons! Ban them, I tell ya!

You would think a news magnate could afford some researchers. Unless federally-licenced, automatic weapons have been banned since the 1930s. Not one mass shooting since the 1930s has involved an automatic gun. These fools think that a hunting rifle is an automatic and has the same power/works the same way as the guns used in the St Valentine’s Day Massacre.

Never have so many been so stupid as in these our times.

Resist We Much on December 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Hi Dire.

KCB on December 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Nothing wrong with that video. Did I see Freddy Mercury there?

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Could be. I always thought it was John Oates.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Myron Falwell on December 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Quite right, but I’m doing 80s tonight. Later, I may veer off into something else. Good link, though.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Hi Dire.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Could be. I always thought it was John Oates.

cozmo on December 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

LoL It’s hard to tell them apart.

jaime on December 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM