Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday she would introduce a bill re-instating the federal ban on assault weapons on the first day of the new Congress in January…

President Obama “is going to have a bill to lead on,” Feinstein said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” The measure, she said, would aim to take “weapons of war off the streets of our cities.” “It can be done,” she added.

“It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, prospectively. And it will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets,” Feinstein said of her proposal.

***

“I think we could be at a tipping point for two reasons, a tipping point where we might actually get something done,” Schumer said on CBS’s “Face the Nation”. “First this was not a single incident, it followed a series of others.”

Schumer noted mass shootings earlier this year in Colorado, where a masked gunman killed 12 in a movie theater, Oregon, where a 22-year-old man killed two with an assault rifle, and Wisconsin, where the estranged husband of a spa employee, killed three people.

“Second, of course, it involved children,” Schumer said of the Newtown killings…

“Reinstate the assault weapons ban, limit the size of clips to maybe no more than 10 bullets per clip, and the third would be to make it harder for mentally unstable people to get guns,” he said.

***

They all say something must be done – the same thing they say after each horrific mass murder. But nothing is ever done. The truth is that Capitol Hill has been paralyzed on gun issues for most of this generation, having last approved major gun laws, including the “Brady bill” and the now-expired assault weapons ban, in 1994. Since then, the needle has moved toward fewer restrictions on guns and ammunition…

But there’s little reason for congressional gun-control advocates to believe that this tragedy will spark a rush to legislate. When Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and the White House from January 2009 to January 2011, they didn’t reauthorize the assault weapons ban or put any other gun laws on the books. Party leaders have been afraid of a potential political backlash against culturally conservative Democrats from swing states, some of whom want to keep the National Rifle Association in their camp – or at least on the sidelines…

[Rep. Carolyn] McCarthy has said she’s willing to embarrass Obama publicly if he doesn’t take up the issue – and that’s what she conveyed to the White House before Friday’s killings.

“I agree this is not the time to talk about [gun control],” she told POLITICO’s Reid Epstein. “It should have been talked about years ago when we started having these mass shootings. It should have been done when Gabby Giffords was shot.”

***

Hollywood has responded to the rampage at a Connecticut elementary school by pulling back on its offerings, and one star says the entertainment industry should take some responsibility for such violence.

Jamie Foxx, one of the industry’s biggest stars, said Saturday as he promoted Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming ultra-violent spaghetti Western-style film about slavery, “Django Unchained,” that actors can’t ignore the fact that movie violence can influence people.

“We cannot turn our back and say that violence in films or anything that we do doesn’t have a sort of influence,” Foxx said in an interview on Saturday. “It does.”

***

In a discussion about America’s mental health system, Crowley and asked Hickenlooper whether the “culture of guns” creates a situation in which gun crimes are inevitable. “There is very little you can do to stop a determined person, do you feel that way,” Crowley asked.

Hickenlooper agreed wholeheartedly, and said we need to have “more people paying attention and trying to detect folks that are unstable” or “on the verge of real trouble.”

He went on to say our violent culture, including the “depiction of assault weapons again and again” in video games and the media contributes to gun crimes. The governor also suggested that the criminals might, in their minds, “become part of the video games” when they carry out these tragic crimes.

***

I live with a son who is mentally ill. I love my son. But he terrifies me…

I am sharing this story because I am Adam Lanza’s mother. I am Dylan Klebold’s and Eric Harris’s mother. I am Jason Holmes’s mother. I am Jared Loughner’s mother. I am Seung-Hui Cho’s mother. And these boys—and their mothers—need help. In the wake of another horrific national tragedy, it’s easy to talk about guns. But it’s time to talk about mental illness

I don’t believe my son belongs in jail. The chaotic environment exacerbates Michael’s sensitivity to sensory stimuli and doesn’t deal with the underlying pathology. But it seems like the United States is using prison as the solution of choice for mentally ill people. According to Human Rights Watch, the number of mentally ill inmates in U.S. prisons quadrupled from 2000 to 2006, and it continues to rise—in fact, the rate of inmate mental illness is five times greater (56 percent) than in the non-incarcerated population.

No one wants to send a 13-year old genius who loves Harry Potter and his snuggle animal collection to jail. But our society, with its stigma on mental illness and its broken healthcare system, does not provide us with other options. Then another tortured soul shoots up a fast food restaurant. A mall. A kindergarten classroom. And we wring our hands and say, “Something must be done.”

***

Brooks said that, while he greatly admires Mayor Bloomberg, he is unsure that a big city mayor is the most effective spokesperson for the cause of gun control.

“One of the problems with this debate; it’s become a values war. It’s perceived as urban versus rural. And, frankly, it’s perceived as an attack on the lifestyle of rural people by urban people. And, I admire Mayor Bloomberg enormously – there’s probably no politician I agree with more – but it’s counterproductive to have him as the spokesperson for the gun law movement. There has to be more respect and more people, frankly, from rural and red America who are participants in this.”

***

“I’m not sure so — and I’m sure I’ll get nailed for this — I wouldn’t want one person in a school armed, ready for this kind of thing,” Bennett said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“It has to be someone who is trained, it has to be someone who is responsible,” he said. “But my God, if you can prevent this kind of thing.”

***

“It’s time for the president, I think, to stand up and lead and tell this country what we should do.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

I wish to God (the principal) had had an M4 in her office, locked up, so when she heard gunfire she pulls it out … and takes him out, takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids,” the Republican from Texas said on “Fox News Sunday.”…

“Every mass killing of more than three people in recent history has been in a place where guns were prohibited, except for one,” he said, arguing for looser gun laws so more people can be armed for self-protection. “They know no one will be armed.”

Via Gateway Pundit:

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’m thinking of making this my new theme song.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Nice choice! Uplifting, not that angry downer Hip Hop crap that screams ‘kill the bitches, man, you, mo’fo!’

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Try this..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Lol! Very good! That’s what I was thinking of cuing up next! We’re just in sync, Dire! :)

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’m thinking of making this my new theme song.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Good choice. Uplifting, unlike Obama’s Hip-Hop trash that screams every third line, “Do dem b*tches, man, yo mo’fo!”

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Stop that!

I’m tryin’ to go to bed.

Oh, and thanks.

Now stop that!

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:55 PM

dire straits on december 16, 2012 at 11:44 pm

i was born in the wagon of a travellin’ show
my mama used to dance for the money they’d throw

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM

A person is blessed who has six real friends.

Nice post, my grandmother taught me the differnce.

harlekwin15 on December 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Lucky you, I had to learn that lesson the hard way.

SWalker on December 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Tomorrow…!!

Electrongod on December 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Too late, Cozmo! Dire and I are on a roll! lol! :)

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

1.2 million abortions so far in 2012….

9500 deaths due to handguns in 2011…..

What is wrong with this picture???

Everytime a liberal wants to ban guns…..just bring up the abortion issue….

They will say “the right to choose” is protected by the Supreme Court.

You can saying owning a gun is protected by the Constitution.

I see you hand and raise you 10.

redguy on December 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

alas, that day was for shopping for others.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM

That will teach you to shop for others… ;p

SWalker on December 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM

i was born in the wagon of a travellin’ show
my mama used to dance for the money they’d throw

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Then the Democrats came to tax it all away
So all we had to eat was stale old hay

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

cozmo on december 16, 2012 at 11:52 pm

that will teach you to shop for others… ;p

swalker on december 16, 2012 at 11:58 pm

her

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Skateaway – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

i was born in the wagon of a travellin’ show
my mama used to dance for the money they’d throw

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Anti-Control on December 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

The Gov of CT said:

“These are assault weapons. You don’t hunt deer with these things.

How grotesquely naive, and how indicative of an abject ignorance of the 2nd Amendment.
That wasn’t put in there so Americans could freely hunt. Jackass.

blatantblue on December 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Dire and I are on a roll! lol! :)

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Roll this Baby…

SWalker on December 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Good evening HA people.

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

That wasn’t put in there so Americans could freely hunt. Jackass.

blatantblue on December 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Liberals want to ban hunting, too. I guess he forgot to mention that.

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

cozmo on december 16, 2012 at 11:52 pm

that will teach you to shop for others… ;p

swalker on december 16, 2012 at 11:58 pm

her

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Both of them were “her”.

My wife and daughter decided it was time for them to each have their own firearm.

I was pretty proud of them and happily put off the things I wanted.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Electrongod on December 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM

redguy on December 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

+ 100..Nice post..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM

It gets even better. Earlier today, I wanted to post this song on FB-but when I put it into the Youtube search I was getting songs that weren’t it. I stopped and grabbed a section of the Sat/Sun WSJ-that has the book reviews etc…and my eye caught one of the book reviews.

The book was a bio of an early 20th century vaudeville star. She was known as the…’I Don’t Care’ girl. It was her signature song. That review gave me enough info on the song to locate it on YT.
God wanted me to put that on my wall.
wow.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Skateaway – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Dangit, the first one is still playin’!

I don’t remember who posted this last night, sorry.

But this one is really cool and I have been looking for it online for a long time.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

good evening ha people.

kcb on december 17, 2012 at 12:03 am

hi ken, jackie and the gang are here

SparkPlug on December 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Fade to Black – Dire Straits

Because this is one of my favorites.

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I’m not a fan of hunting either. I don’t want to ban it-except for leghold traps etc-but I don’t like it.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

SWalker on December 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Very nice..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Good evening, Ken. Good to see you could make it. :)

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Sometimes with YT you have to get very specific.

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM

SparkPlug on December 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Sweet. Is your shift key acting up?

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Hi Jackie! Always special to see you!

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I was pretty proud of them and happily put off the things I wanted.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

+ 100..I’m proud of them also!!..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Axe and Spark are involved in a sort of duel. Spark is engaged in a ‘cap-cott’, using no capital letters, and Axe is determined to end it. lol!

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I shouldn’t be responding..

As I already signed off..

But WTF..

Good evening Dire!!!

Now I have to really sign off..

Wife has projector warming up.

See ya tomorrow..

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

kcb on deccember 17, 2012 at 12:08 am

no. i’m doing a caps-cott for humanity.

SparkPlug on December 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I’m all for hunting and fishing as legitimate sports, long as the sportsman eats what he culls or puts the fish back into the water. I don’t do either sport, but that’s just me being myself.

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

That is a good one..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’m the dangerous one? I am not a gun-loving, war-mongering fake christian like all of you here and unlike most of you I have no arsenal that a deranged kid can steal and go gun down sweet little six & seven years olds

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Proving even more what a fool you are.

Schadenfreude on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Where IS Flora duh?

katy the mean old lady on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

What happened to DBear???..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Varmint eradication is pretty important.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

The Gov of CT said:

“These are assault weapons. You don’t hunt deer with these things.”

That wasn’t put in there so Americans could freely hunt. Jackass.

blatantblue on December 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Years ago at my place of employment, I had put up a hand made poster that stated as follows:

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is not about the hobby/recreational/sporting uses of firearms. It is about the common American citizen being enabled to function as their own first-line of defense, against a tyrannical government, and common criminals.

listens2glenn on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I saw the capcott thing earlier. Been lurking in and out tonight. Missed Bmore. Glad to see you though!

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

What happened to DBear???..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

His Government assistance ran out…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

The Sig, with the rounded corners almost swayed me. The Commander, I think.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM

For carry here in AZ and my build, the Commander is just too big to comfortably carry concealed. I can carry the P238 in a pocket holster; it doesn’t have the firepower of a 45, but it has the advantage of conceal-ability.

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

His Government assistance ran out…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

The projector can wait…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM

What constitutes a “real” Christian?

What constitutes a war-mongerer?

listens2glenn on December 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

real xtians care for the poor and the people actually BORN not just fake xtians who wanna play sex police

someone who wants to go to war with a billion people because they pray to a different phony god than yours and worship a just as violent fairy tale book other than yours

DBear on December 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Varmint eradication is pretty important.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

There’s that, too. .223 is an excellent caliber to use. Oh, wait! Are the liberal haters of gun owners going to assail me now, make me feel shame for saying that?

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM

… as long as the sportsman eats what he culls or puts the fish back into the water. I don’t do either sport, but that’s just me being myself.

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Sorry, I’m not eating prairie dog. Just not going to do it. But I am going to continue to aggressively cull and destroy by all available means, as many of them as I can on Dad’s farm.

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Dangit, the first one is still playin’!

I don’t remember who posted this last night, sorry.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM

That was me – now, please tell me how I can go about defriending you for forgetting about me so easily? :)

New Car

I’ve got a new car
It’s bright and shiny like a star

I’ve got a new car in my garage
I shine it every day

I shine the front, shine the back,
The sides and the bumper

I wash the windows, I vacuum the floors
I wash the motor, I dry the doors

I’ve got a new car in my garage
I drive it every day, I go to the movies
I see my friends they think it’s groovy

I clean the dash, I wash the tires
I clean the radio, I really like the rear view mirror

It’s got new seat covers as blue as the sky
I look out the window and I wave bye-bye

I’ve got a new car in my garage

Anti-Control on December 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

His Government assistance ran out…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Was that before or after his one single braincell finally died of loneliness?

SWalker on December 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

DBear on December 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM

DBear…

You don’t have a strap-on Bomb on you??

Your God demands it….

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Nah, it was a P238 I almost got. My mistake, it wasn’t the commander, but the P238 SAS I was thinking of.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Dang it girl, I’m telling you we put the animals through due-process, and they were found guilty. GUILTY, I SAY !

listens2glenn on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Come on, guys! Where is Flora duh?

katy the mean old lady on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Why worry – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Ah…I’m seeing the big picture now! DuhBear doesn’t belive in a God, yet claims himself to be an authority on what is a ‘real’ Christian.

He’s funnier than before. I guess he fears his fingers might catch fire if he writes ‘Christian’ instead of his ‘xtian’.

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM

… and high capacity magazines are excellent tools as well for varmint eradication. They allow one to maintain sight picture on the prairie dogs without having to reload as often.

/Yes, 30 round magazines are really handy on a prairie dog shoot.

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Was that before or after his one single braincell finally died of loneliness?

SWalker on December 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

It had to be before…

BMore is dead now..

God save the queen…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

LOL! Glad you decided to de-lurk. :)

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM

His Government assistance ran out…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Signing off..

BMore..

Later…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Anti-Control on December 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Sorry, as penance, I will go to bed now.

And thanks again, I just listened to the live version too. Its growing on me. I never got to see them live.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

paranoid describes 99% of HA posters as well. How many were so sure that the polls were being skewed against them good Amurrrica loving folks by the eeeeeevil librul media?

and how here many still think Obama is a muslim out to destroy America?

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

How many of them have killed 20 kids in a shooting?

Oh, right…none. But that doesn’t stop your ridiculous strawmanning.

Good Solid B-Plus on December 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

listens2glenn on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

*laugh*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Been lurking a lot lately.

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM

katy the mean old lady on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I haven’t seen her post since the election..:(

PS..I miss her posts..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Your ideals have killed millions more than Adam Lanza could ever dream of. Your ideals kill millions of children every year. Pretending that you give a **** about kids is ***ing despicable, but entirely predictable.

Good Solid B-Plus on December 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Why?

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I haven’t seen her post since the election..:(

PS..I miss her posts..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Thanks, me too.

katy the mean old lady on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Oh, right…none. But that doesn’t stop your ridiculous strawmanning.

Good Solid B-Plus on December 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

+ 100..excellent..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

/Yes, 30 round magazines are really handy on a prairie dog shoot.

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I’ve been a city boy all my life, so I never to deal with prairie dogs on a farm. Being mean, I bet a 30-rounder could make a liberal dance for quite a while.

Liam on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Are you talking about the Colt Mustang? That seems to be a very close match to the Sig P238.

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

. That’s just stank.

libfreeordie on December 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Wow! Neat ghetto creds, liveasaslaveanddie.

Ebonics lives.

Solaratov on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Chet Baker? Talk about casting a wide net. Well done. I keep this lady in my permanent rotation. That’s the kind of band I play in most nights, too.

Harbingeing on December 17, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Cloudy Day – J.J. Cale

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

katy the mean old lady on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I just looked at her twitter account..She is still active but not doing very many tweets..:(

PS..I hope she comes back soon..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

mission accomplished…
capscott oveR…

SparkPlug on December 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Not sure. I used to be here most nights, but I laid off after my awful Birthday. Starting to get back into it.

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

P238 was based on the Mustang.

The P238 SAS has had all the sharp corners rounded off to remove snags while pocket drawing.

I looked at a lot of .380′s before getting a replacement for my beloved Colt .380 government model. The Government Model was bigger than the Mustang.

Now I’m goin’ to bed.

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM

listens2glenn on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

And shortly after that, they were found to also be tasty!

climbnjump on December 17, 2012 at 12:30 AM

What’s this all about?

Schadenfreude on December 17, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Good Night Cozmo.

KCB on December 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

DBear on December 16, 2012

…people at work call you an idiot behind your back too…don’t they?
From experiencing you here…I can picture you at the workplace…and unless you just clean out porta-potties by yourself…I just know!…Don’t you?….you’re a certified idiot!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

God save the queen…

Electrongod on December 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM

But there is no England now..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

listens2glenn on December 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

DBear on December 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Thanks for eventually responding.

We didn’t go to war with the Taliban because they have a different religion. We did it because they aided and abetted Bin Laden in setting up the 9/11/2001 attacks. I won’t explain why we went after Bin Laden; should be obvious.

The Christians I know help the poor, but more importantly they first and foremost have a relationship with God. If it wasn’t for that “relationship with God” thing, most of them wouldn’t care for the poor, or anyone else for that matter.
But I need to qualify that, by stating that real Christians don’t look to use government as a “tool”, to “legally” take money from the rich so they can give it to the poor. They give of themselves and let the stingy rich be stingy.

listens2glenn on December 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Cloudy Day – J.J. Cale

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

You Can’t Have Sunshine Every Day

Anti-Control on December 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I haven’t seen her post since the election..:(

PS..I miss her posts..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

She posted after the election, actually quite a few times. She’s upset with the L.i.B., saying that her grandkids don’t deserve it.

They don’t, but the stupid land does.

Schadenfreude on December 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Harbingeing on December 17, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Very cool, indeed! Thanks for that, I bookmarked it.

Yes, I love Chet Baker, among others.

You likely enjoy your work with the bands very much, since I’ve never met anyone who played jazz that didn’t love their evening job. well done, you! :)

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

AZfederalist on December 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I just got the Sig P238 a couple months ago. Great CCW.

Harbingeing on December 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

And yes, the good lady’s comments and wisdom, especially her gonads are missed. RWM could use another front.

Schadenfreude on December 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Anti-Control on December 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Wow. That’s an oldie… and fairly obscure, too! :)

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Sorry, as penance, I will go to bed now.

haha :)

Sleep well!

cozmo on December 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I never heard them, only of them, until I did a search after seeing your mention.

That live version is excellent!

Anti-Control on December 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Blue Prelude – Karel Boehlee Trio

thatsafactjack on December 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Please look at the toxic, disturbing lives you are all leading your children down

DBear

Much better than where your kind leads them.

xblade on December 17, 2012 at 12:37 AM

katy the mean old lady on December 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I haven’t seen her post since the election..:(

PS..I miss her posts..:)

Dire Straits on December 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

…I miss HER!

KOOLAID2 on December 17, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Ya know what really frosts my weenie?! Whenever something like this happens which is, despite what you hear otherwise, extremely rare. You have the usual suspects of soulless opportunistic ghouls crawl out from under their slime covered rocks and promote their pet cause. There’s three groups.

1.) You have the liberal and RINO pundits in the media. 2.) You have the elected officials. 3.) You have the celebutards.

Two dishonorable mentions here. If you didn’t think David Frum was already a jackass, go check out Twitchy. It’s absolutely shameless, even for him. Does he still claim to be a republican? Piers Morgan. He wasn’t even important enough to bring up before this. You know, it’s irritating when you have a foreigner, a guest in this country, whine and bitch about our laws. Is he even a U.S. citizen? I will not be lectured to by a snooty Brit. We kicked your asses over 200 years ago. So, your opinions don’t mean shit.

I was watching Lou Dobbs, the other day, and he listed 20 or so politicians (All Dems, of course) capitalizing on the moment. Not even 2 hours after the incident. Before the bodies are even identified and buried. Never letting a crisis go to waste. Despicable. You know what? I would trade each and every one of their worthless lives in order to bring those children back.

Lastly, you have the celebutards. Probably, the biggest hypocrites of them all. Making ultra-violent movies with heavy gun play. Rappers talking about ‘busting a cap’ in every song. Working on movie sets with armed guards. Going to premiers with armed guards. Living in gated communities with armed guards. Having their kids escorted by armed guards. Their precious lives must be protected. The rest of us, nah.

These people truly make me wanna retch.

Asian Con on December 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM