Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on December 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday she would introduce a bill re-instating the federal ban on assault weapons on the first day of the new Congress in January…

President Obama “is going to have a bill to lead on,” Feinstein said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” The measure, she said, would aim to take “weapons of war off the streets of our cities.” “It can be done,” she added.

“It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, prospectively. And it will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets,” Feinstein said of her proposal.

***

“I think we could be at a tipping point for two reasons, a tipping point where we might actually get something done,” Schumer said on CBS’s “Face the Nation”. “First this was not a single incident, it followed a series of others.”

Schumer noted mass shootings earlier this year in Colorado, where a masked gunman killed 12 in a movie theater, Oregon, where a 22-year-old man killed two with an assault rifle, and Wisconsin, where the estranged husband of a spa employee, killed three people.

“Second, of course, it involved children,” Schumer said of the Newtown killings…

“Reinstate the assault weapons ban, limit the size of clips to maybe no more than 10 bullets per clip, and the third would be to make it harder for mentally unstable people to get guns,” he said.

***

They all say something must be done – the same thing they say after each horrific mass murder. But nothing is ever done. The truth is that Capitol Hill has been paralyzed on gun issues for most of this generation, having last approved major gun laws, including the “Brady bill” and the now-expired assault weapons ban, in 1994. Since then, the needle has moved toward fewer restrictions on guns and ammunition…

But there’s little reason for congressional gun-control advocates to believe that this tragedy will spark a rush to legislate. When Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and the White House from January 2009 to January 2011, they didn’t reauthorize the assault weapons ban or put any other gun laws on the books. Party leaders have been afraid of a potential political backlash against culturally conservative Democrats from swing states, some of whom want to keep the National Rifle Association in their camp – or at least on the sidelines…

[Rep. Carolyn] McCarthy has said she’s willing to embarrass Obama publicly if he doesn’t take up the issue – and that’s what she conveyed to the White House before Friday’s killings.

“I agree this is not the time to talk about [gun control],” she told POLITICO’s Reid Epstein. “It should have been talked about years ago when we started having these mass shootings. It should have been done when Gabby Giffords was shot.”

***

Hollywood has responded to the rampage at a Connecticut elementary school by pulling back on its offerings, and one star says the entertainment industry should take some responsibility for such violence.

Jamie Foxx, one of the industry’s biggest stars, said Saturday as he promoted Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming ultra-violent spaghetti Western-style film about slavery, “Django Unchained,” that actors can’t ignore the fact that movie violence can influence people.

“We cannot turn our back and say that violence in films or anything that we do doesn’t have a sort of influence,” Foxx said in an interview on Saturday. “It does.”

***

In a discussion about America’s mental health system, Crowley and asked Hickenlooper whether the “culture of guns” creates a situation in which gun crimes are inevitable. “There is very little you can do to stop a determined person, do you feel that way,” Crowley asked.

Hickenlooper agreed wholeheartedly, and said we need to have “more people paying attention and trying to detect folks that are unstable” or “on the verge of real trouble.”

He went on to say our violent culture, including the “depiction of assault weapons again and again” in video games and the media contributes to gun crimes. The governor also suggested that the criminals might, in their minds, “become part of the video games” when they carry out these tragic crimes.

***

I live with a son who is mentally ill. I love my son. But he terrifies me…

I am sharing this story because I am Adam Lanza’s mother. I am Dylan Klebold’s and Eric Harris’s mother. I am Jason Holmes’s mother. I am Jared Loughner’s mother. I am Seung-Hui Cho’s mother. And these boys—and their mothers—need help. In the wake of another horrific national tragedy, it’s easy to talk about guns. But it’s time to talk about mental illness

I don’t believe my son belongs in jail. The chaotic environment exacerbates Michael’s sensitivity to sensory stimuli and doesn’t deal with the underlying pathology. But it seems like the United States is using prison as the solution of choice for mentally ill people. According to Human Rights Watch, the number of mentally ill inmates in U.S. prisons quadrupled from 2000 to 2006, and it continues to rise—in fact, the rate of inmate mental illness is five times greater (56 percent) than in the non-incarcerated population.

No one wants to send a 13-year old genius who loves Harry Potter and his snuggle animal collection to jail. But our society, with its stigma on mental illness and its broken healthcare system, does not provide us with other options. Then another tortured soul shoots up a fast food restaurant. A mall. A kindergarten classroom. And we wring our hands and say, “Something must be done.”

***

Brooks said that, while he greatly admires Mayor Bloomberg, he is unsure that a big city mayor is the most effective spokesperson for the cause of gun control.

“One of the problems with this debate; it’s become a values war. It’s perceived as urban versus rural. And, frankly, it’s perceived as an attack on the lifestyle of rural people by urban people. And, I admire Mayor Bloomberg enormously – there’s probably no politician I agree with more – but it’s counterproductive to have him as the spokesperson for the gun law movement. There has to be more respect and more people, frankly, from rural and red America who are participants in this.”

***

“I’m not sure so — and I’m sure I’ll get nailed for this — I wouldn’t want one person in a school armed, ready for this kind of thing,” Bennett said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“It has to be someone who is trained, it has to be someone who is responsible,” he said. “But my God, if you can prevent this kind of thing.”

***

“It’s time for the president, I think, to stand up and lead and tell this country what we should do.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

I wish to God (the principal) had had an M4 in her office, locked up, so when she heard gunfire she pulls it out … and takes him out, takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids,” the Republican from Texas said on “Fox News Sunday.”…

“Every mass killing of more than three people in recent history has been in a place where guns were prohibited, except for one,” he said, arguing for looser gun laws so more people can be armed for self-protection. “They know no one will be armed.”

Via Gateway Pundit:

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Transcript of Obama’s speech tonight in Newtown. Really beautiful…

libfreeordie on December 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Thanks, but no one needs to watch this entirely predictable a$$hole get a photo op in front of parents who have not yet buried their children to make himself the center of attention.

Night Owl on December 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Thought of you earlier my history science friend. This

arnold ziffel on December 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Like that’s any more ‘odd’ and ‘paranoid’ than forever-drunk liberal icons like Charlie Sheen who still say 9/11 was an inside job?

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Remember back in the heady days of 2005 when it was in vogue to blindly distrust every level and office of the Federal government…..?

why it is almost like it was a lifetime ago.

harlekwin15 on December 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Lock Up The Wolves – DIO

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Resist We Much on December 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

omg. you just obliterated that troll. you left him screetchless. good reply.

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?”

For Obama, that was an unmistakable sign that he would at least attempt to take on the explosive issue of gun control. He made clear that the deaths compelled the nation to act, and that he was the leader of a nation that was failing to keep its children safe. He spoke of a broader effort, never outlining exactly what he would push for, but outraged by another shooting rampage.

Political vulture, feeding on carrion.

Obama killed decency and freedom in AmeriKa.

All is about him.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It should’ve said ‘son’-and I don’t know if you caught the video I posted on Friday eve. It was ‘Nothing’ from A Chorus Line, where Morales is singing about her sucky acting teacher. The money line for me is where she sings about finding out-after she left the class-that he died. She digs down deep into her soul and cries-because she feels nothing.
On Friday I was angry about what happened/hoped the killer was burning in Hades-but unlike those women-I wasn’t bent over with grief. I was feeling ‘nothing’. It was bothering me-which is why I posted the video on my FB page too. I wanted to share MY ‘aspie’ mind. THAT is why my friend-list is now shorter.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hopenchange crazy, Obama baby, foot soldier for the man
Mesmerised, spellbound smile, you’ll cede your freedoms to your man
Obamarina, you must have seen him swaying in the stands
And, now, he’s in jobless, always with indebted, a tiny puppet in His hand

Obamafreaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for ObamaGod
Twirling ’round, they faint, cry and laugh
Bankruptcy Boulevard, you see, is not that bad

Empty Chair, He makes his stand
In the auditorium
Looking on, he chants the mantra-songs
The words, he knows. “Yes, We Can!” he hums.

But, oh, how it feels so real
Lying though, Empty Chair says what they want to hear
Only He, He intones, can lower the oceans and hear thee
And, when He says softly, slowly

Hold me closer, Obamarina
Count the votes on the electoral highway
Pay my campaign down to your last penny
I’ve had a busy day, today

Hopenchange crazy, Obama baby, foot soldier for the man
Mesmerised, spellbound smile, you’ll cede your freedom to your man
Obamarina, you prayed to see Him, as you were swaying in the stands
And, now, your jobless, always indebted, a tiny puppet in His hand

Dancing Bear: Hopenchange Baby, Obama Baby, Foot Soldier For The Man

M2RB: Elton John, Madison Square Garden

Resist We Much on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Without You- Fleetwood Mac

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Evening, Jackie.

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I’ll bet DBear would say the film maker Hillary locked up was done in by a probation violation

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

It took everything I had to bite my tongue and keep silent.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Not to be critical but why would you hold back? The left says and does nasty things but we are to remain nice?

arnold ziffel on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

paranoid describes 99% of HA posters as well. How many were so sure that the polls were being skewed against them good Amurrrica loving folks by the eeeeeevil librul media?

and how here many still think Obama is a muslim out to destroy America?

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Uneducated, nonthinking, and pompous D(bag)Bear says what? “We are 5 days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America”

Here, D(bag)Bear, just for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Ccfpwc6bg

Watch it continuously, until it sinks in, ok? :)

Anti-Control on December 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

arnold ziffel on December 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Very cool, thanks.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

why it is almost like it was a lifetime ago.

harlekwin15 on December 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

What was a lifetime ago is liberals actually being sane enough to make a cogent argument. I think that last time was 1963 or so. Ever since, they’ve madder than a hatter.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Where’s b9?

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

listens2glenn on December 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

DBear’s a DDouche, but he’s right in one area.

If Beck can be connected to this woman in any way, shape, or form.

He’ll need to sell the Blaze and retire.

I just don’t know if tangible proof exists.

budfox on December 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Political vulture, feeding on carrion.

Obama killed decency and freedom in AmeriKa.

All is about him.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Absolutely.

Since when does Mr. Let-Children-Die-Who-Survive-Abortion care about violence perpetrated against children? He’s a prime instigator of it.

INC on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

In short you were, are, and always will be, a Fool, a thuggish fool, the most dangerous kind.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I’m the dangerous one? I am not a gun-loving, war-mongering fake christian like all of you here and unlike most of you I have no arsenal that a deranged kid can steal and go gun down sweet little six & seven years olds

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I’ve thought for many years that teachers should be armed, and actually that law should require a minimum of 50% of a school’s staff be trained and required to carry firearms, either open or concealed at all times on school grounds. I’d even support gov’t paid training and equipping of qualified teachers. This deterrent would go a looooong way to ensuring safety in our schools.

However, we do face a conundrum with the mental health issue, particularly with regards to who determines a person’s mental health, what criteria are used to determine it, and what happens to those not deemed mentally fit to own a firearm. Considering the pathetic state of psychobabble “science”, and the political nature of where their funding comes from and what they do, there’s no way I’d ever trust a subjective evaluation from any of them. It would always devolve into a political evaluation, and we’d be in really big trouble then. Might as well create the Secretary of Correct Thought, and make eugenics the law. No thanks.

There are plenty of eccentric people who are entirely sane and responsible, but their outward appearance or unpopular opinions make some think they are nutjobs. There are plenty of very well dressed and well-groomed people who ARE certifiably evil and insane and nobody sees them coming. Outside of the truly obvious, debilitated nuts who are already routinely committed to institutions, there’s really no OBJECTIVE test for sanity or mental fitness to own a firearm that could ever be relied upon.

In the end, the answer is more responsible citizens, carrying more firearms, who are trained and mentally ready to stop crazy, violent people in their tracks. A well-regulated militia, indeed.

Harbingeing on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Good evening, Axe. It’s great to see you. You’re in fine form this evening. I laughed when I saw you tutoring the would-be troll! LOL! Good job.

How pathetic are they when we have to teach them their ‘business’? I don’t think you can even call them trolls. They’re just fools and imbeciles.

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

…With their very first cry, this most precious, vital part of ourselves, our child, is suddenly exposed to the world, to possible mishap or malice, and every parent knows there’s nothing we will not do to shield our children from harm. And yet we also know that with that child’s very first step and each step after that, they are separating from us, that we won’t — that we can’t always be there for them.

“is suddenly exposed” implies your “child” was a child prior to being born. I thought 0bama recognized life beginning at birth. This quote implies otherwise.

…In the coming weeks, I’ll use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens, from law enforcement, to mental health professionals, to parents and educators, in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this, because what choice do we have? We can’t accept events like this as routine.

They’re coming for your guns. That’s what he was saying. As I heard him utter those words that’s all I heard. He’s so cocky, that he telegraphs his intention. Everyone will comply like blind little lemmings. Goodness, I think I even heard Chris Wallace talking about the need to increase gun control.

I want to grieve for those affected by the senseless murders in CT, but these leftists only make me think about the 2nd Amendment right now.

Spit!

freedomfirst on December 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Different situation. These were pro-second amendment conservatives who were members of an AOSHQ spin-off FB group. One of them has an Aspie son.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

and how here many still think Obama is a muslim out to destroy America?

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

He is trying to destroy America of the last 236 years, America of the Founding Fathers, America of Freedom and Free Market Capitalism… He will not succeed…

mnjg on December 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

The last I heard, B9 was packing and moving house. Very busy. I did see some posts from her early this AM with Slade.

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I have missed out on being a parent, but I have several nieces and nephews and have had the privilege of being a “pseudo Dad” to a friend’s children. If you are a “normal” person then happened in Newtown was a tragedy almost beyond belief.

Yet, if Friday was a “typical” Friday, then about 3500 innocent and defenseless unborn children were killed by their mothers because the child was deemed to be an “inconvenience”. They weren’t killed because they were the result of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother. They were killed because they were a “choice”.

There was no media coverage…

Many of the same people who now call for gun control in the name of the children tragically killed in Newton – “because we have to DO something” – are the same people who will also defend the right of any mother to CHOOSE to kill her unborn child.

A perverse symmetry does exist in the thinking of these people, however. They are in favor of the killing of defenseless unborn children. And they would also like to turn all of us into defenseless individuals as well so that we may be killed at the hands of those “unfortunate, misunderstood” folks who will endeavor to do us harm regardless of any law suggesting that they do otherwise.

climbnjump on December 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Most violent cities in America are controlled by liberals and inhabited by the parasites who vote democrat… like you…

mnjg on December 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I am not a gun-loving, war-mongering fake christian like all of you here…

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

You also are not one that knows much about ALL of us.

Resist We Much on December 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

[comments on German gun laws]
Resist We Much on December 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Synchronous that you should mention this in a topic full of discussion about Tranzi Obama’s speech promising severe gun control. The JPFO has a detailed write-up showing how Sen. Dodd’s father, a former CT senator himself and a former military lawyer who took part in the Nuremberg trials, took part in the construction of our 1968 Gun Control Act, which lifts portions verbatim from the Nazi Weapons Law of 1938.

rayra on December 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Good evening all..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

People react to horrors in different ways. Sometimes it’s public, and other times it’s so no one else might see. I’m of the view that if ‘friends’ are quick to delete, they weren’t friends in the first place and you might well be better off without them.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I’m the dangerous one?

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

naw. Stupid people are only dangerous when they’re born in Kenya and become the most powerful man on Earth.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

and he and I are friendly….

not against you at all and not part of the “Anti Asp backlash.”

Just very careworn and world weary that barack obama invoked the particular tenses of “children’ he did tonight and was not ridiculed.

The cheapening of human life, and coddling of dangerous deviants is my book not people who have social constructs out of “norm.”

Have a good evening.

harlekwin15 on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

libfreeordie on December 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM

A decent president would just show up, quietly offer his condolences, the ones of his family, for the loved ones, from the land.

He’d never say “since I’ve been president” – who the hell doesn’t know that?

He’d not use the word “I”, not once.

He’d just stfu.

This is the most indecent president in history, the political vulture who feeds on carrion, only hours after the shooting, then yesterday, then today, and going forward. It’s very covenient for him, for domestic and foreign reasons.

The ignorant bastid is not a constitutional scholar or US president. He is an ignorant and opportunistic hack.

May he, with Bloomberg leading him, go straight to Hades. May he take all of you, who brung him, with him.

You all don’t deserve to live free any longer.

A disturbed anarchist communist did this and all you advocate is “guns, guns, guns”. May hypocrisy devour all of you.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

and how here many still think Obama is a muslim out to destroy America?

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I believe he is a secularist posing as “a Christian who is sympathetic with Muslims”.

I believe he would like to destroy America, as it is the biggest obstacle to a greater cause that he’s a part of.

listens2glenn on December 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

O_O..Are you stupid are do you just play one on HA??..:(

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Bob Costas comes out with a his comments and a few days later you have this. I wouldn’t rule out anything. It reminds me of Stephanopolus with his contraception question at the debate, and they have a whole lot of plans to follow-up on it.

Buddahpundit on December 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

and how here many still think Obama is a muslim out to destroy America?

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

He is not a Muslim. He is an atheist. He is Muslim, Christian or Jewish, depending which audience is in front of him. On the destruction you’re dead right.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

He will not succeed…

mnjg on December 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Ultimately..
He will not..

Hence history will repeat itself..

We The People will make it so..

The end of the Democrats….
For a few generations…
Again…

Electrongod on December 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Then Crooked Vultures

Ran across this… couldn’t resist…. for most obvious reasons. lol!

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I was actually trying to get a capital out of Spark. :)

First volley. To catch his attention. And, O yes, I caught it. Next effort will be more robust.

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

DBear north Halstead devoid of hedonistic sodomy on Sunday night patriot?

tom daschle concerned on December 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Just 16 years ago, it was Barbara Jordan, a black Democratic congresswoman from Houston who said we needed to clamp down on illegal immigration and lower the numbers on legal immigration. She was a hard line immigration voice. And who occupies her seat now? None other than the queen of the crown weave, She-Jack. These lifetime agos are getting shorter and shorter.

TxAnn56 on December 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I’m the dangerous one?

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

You’re about as ‘dangerous’ as a dead gnat.

But when it comes to you being Court Jester or the town fool…Well, I’d call you the town laughingstock but there are too many ahead for you to yet earn that dubious distinction. But keep working on it! After your peers finally vacate the premises, you’ll be comfortably in the Number One slot.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

freedomfirst on December 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

There are approximately 200 million guns in this country. Unless the Feds intend to tear apart every building in the country and dig up hundreds of millions of square feet of possible hiding places, they will never get all of the guns.

Having said that, if you have unregistered guns like shotguns, etc, never admit that you own them on any document, including, especially, medical forms.

Resist We Much on December 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Obama did nothing to condemn the violence in Michigan, what was it? Only one or two days before the killings in CT? He has intentionally stirred up anger in this country. His DOJ has done nothing to enforce the rule of law when people like the New Black Panthers intimidate voters. He has encouraged a mindset and atmosphere of violence.

Who is he to pretend he has any care for little children?

INC on December 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Give them he11..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

29 years in human history, the total duration of time without war, why the fluke and I acting so surprised for? Because if I had a dime for every single idiotic time I felt like strangling some goof on the street I could afford a business class seat on the Soyuz 13, straight sandwiched between Tom Hanks and Lance Bass, we’re already fighting and we’re nowhere near space….each of us a Failed State in stark relief against the back drop of a perfect world, we seek, perfect world, a fantasy.

This was written by a total left winger. Even HE is starting to realize that humans are flawed by their very nature and we’re never going to be able to legislate away the evil in mens hearts. The best we can do is try and live by the blue print Christ left for us and stand firm in the face of evil where ever it may be. We need to start at home by fixing this culture and the mental heath system that the left has utterly destroyed with their culture of death,immorality and moral relativism. God will not bless a nation that curses Israel and murders hundreds of thousands of his children each and every year before they ever got a chance to know/choose him.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

climbnjump on December 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I’ve been trying to track the numbers down, and the best I’ve found is that every 26 seconds a baby is killed by abortion in the U.S. A baby you cannot see in the womb is no less a child than the one you can see outside the womb. Obama is probably the biggest advocate of violence against children in this entire country.

INC on December 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I don’t give a flamin’ fat rat’s rear end where y’all met up. Or how like minded y’all are.

The whole fickle friend/unfriend following thing is a superficial clusterfark intended to remove thoughtful debate. Very fitting for our society today.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

You also are not one that knows much about ALL of us.

Resist We Much on December 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

We all look alike to progressives; they can’t tell us apart. :)

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I was actually trying to get a capital out of Spark. :)

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Take Five – Brubeck

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I am not a gun-loving, war-mongering fake christian like all of you here…

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

The Westboros think they’re the only ‘true’ Christians out there. Nice to see you count yourself among such kind.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Say a prayer for the unborn…
Dead by your hands..

Take Care..

Electrongod on December 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You cast a wide net, there, Dire! You snagged me! lol! Good evening.:)

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Mayor Doomberg really makes my skin crawl…that guy hates our freedoms and wants them all taken away..just like his hero Obama

sadsushi on December 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I put out on another thread that maybe HA will have an ‘ignore’ option, so we can individually choose to see or not see the posts of a troll.

Of course, I expect that to happen some time after Obama declares himself Chinese-Irish.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Not to poach HA members, but if some conservatives have some time and interest, we’ve got an ignore feature and some pretty good criteria for who we let roam about the place, at GCP (link in my nic)

rayra on December 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

The land is definitely lost.

Stupidity and thugs rule, from the media on. They are intoxicated from the consumption of Obama sh*t.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

For All We Know – Chet Baker

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I have another aspie female FB friend(also conservative)who kept very quiet on Friday. I should’ve followed her lead. *sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

You gotta’ be effen’ sh*tin’ with that.

Oh wait, its twiiter, even dumber than facebook.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Take Five – Brubeck

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

RIP Mr. Brubeck.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I am not a gun-loving, war-mongering fake christian like all of you here…

DBear on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

That reminds me . . . . . I need to go tuck in my guns, and give them a goodnight kiss.
But before I do, I’d like to ask:

What constitutes a “real” Christian?

What constitutes a war-mongerer?

listens2glenn on December 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Need 30. Going to get encouragement. Be back.

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Hi Dire! Watch this axe for me. Be careful ’cause it’s enchanted. The safe word is “Palin.” :)

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

are we beyond the point of no return? excuse me looks like axefellow is trying to trick me.

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You don’t need to follow any other lead, except for One. Otherwise, you’re not open season. You’re a free-willed person.

Fave song line of mine: “Take me as I come, ’cause I can’t stay long.”

Just some ideas, if you will.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Why deprive yourself of so much stupidity?

This way you learn a lot about the Looters, the ones who are your true enemies, the bureaucrats and capos who are now in charge. Study them good and always starve them.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

douchebear is plainly insane and has rage issues and ought to be excised from this site. It adds nothing at all. And has managed to make this page mostly about themself.

rayra on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I don’t make ‘real life’ friends very easily.
*Stunner-I know///*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

are we beyond the point of no return?

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Yes, but stupidity will kill them off.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

This description…

Novia said Adam Lanza would sometimes withdraw completely “from whatever he was supposed to be doing,” whether it was sitting in class or reading a book.

Adam Lanza “could take flight, which I think was the big issue, and it wasn’t a rebellious or defiant thing,” Novia said. “It was withdrawal.”

That’s the way Holmes, Loughner, and the VaTech shooter were also described. It’s schizophrenia.

budfox on December 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

slade73 on december 16, 2012 at 11:12 pm

well if you see b9 tell he i said hi.

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

her i said hi

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

He says something rather rational and bordering on conservative when he says “our most important job is to give them what they need to become self-reliant and capable and resilient, ready to face the world without fear. And we know we can’t do this by ourselves.”

But then the fluker says “you can’t do it by yourself, that this job of keeping our children safe and teaching them well is something we can only do together, with the help of friends and neighbors, “

then he can’t help but add on “the help of a community and the help of a nation.” Wow…we can’t raise our kids without the federal government. I call BS!

freedomfirst on December 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Girl … no way you could do that, and be yourself. We love you just the way you are.

listens2glenn on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Why deprive yourself of so much stupidity?

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I already know more than I care to. I used to be very liberal, so I know from such ‘friends’ what their side is like. The only difference between today and back then is that liblets have gotten crazier over the years. And they’re not going to get any better.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

No, you shouldn’t have. It’d be better if you looked at their unfriendings of you as a blessing – if they don’t accept who for who you really are, they were never people worth calling “friends” in the first place, were they?

Anti-Control on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I don’t make ‘real life’ friends very easily.
*Stunner-I know///*

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Unrelated to your situation, you don’t need many. Most are not your friends anyway. A few good ones, or one good one, is all you need.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Ya’ know what? Most people don’t, and shouldn’t. Too many people nowdays confuse real friends with acquaintances.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

A person is blessed who has six real friends.

Nice post, my grandmother taught me the differnce.

harlekwin15 on December 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Amen. :)

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Good one, glad you saw the light and joined the “dark side” :)

They sure is “egalitarian” and “enlightened”, heh.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM

A person is blessed who has six real friends.

Nice post, my grandmother taught me the differnce.

harlekwin15 on December 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

And all six of them will help you bury dispose of the body.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

listen to schad and cozmo. fb is not real.

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

The Mustang has quite a kick. The Sig that is based on the Mustang does too. I would be in heaven if Colt brought back the .380 Government model, closest thing to the perfect .380 there ever was. PPK is a nice small weapon, though I prefer the PK380 (pre recall).

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I’ve got the Sig P238; the kick on it really isn’t that bad. Even Mrs. Federalist is not intimidated by it.

Now, my MicroDesert Eagle 380 — that sucker kicks, and bites, and can’t hit worth crap.

Probably more problematic for ALT because it does not have an ambidextrous safety; mag release may not be as big an issue.

AZfederalist on December 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Axe on December 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

lolz..Got you covered..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

…or make themselves known/felt when they need something…

Wisely said

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I’m thinking of making this my new theme song.

annoyinglittletwerp on December 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Yes, but stupidity will kill them off.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

AYou can’t fix stupid..:)

Dire Straits on December 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Resist We Much on December 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Wish I had more than just the one unregistered. Perhaps that will change for the better soon.

freedomfirst on December 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Tenderly – Baker

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM

listen to schad and cozmo. fb is not real.

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Far that matter, this place ain’t either. When the zombie apocalypse comes, these interwebs will go away fast. Even if the web didn’t go away there ain’t a dang thing somebody can actually do to help you typing at a keyboard.

Until the apocalypse, we are pretty good at giving out free information. And gettin’ ahold of your local emergency operator if you cannot. But that don’t mean you can trust us…

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Good one, glad you saw the light and joined the “dark side” :)

They sure is “egalitarian” and “enlightened”, heh.

Schadenfreude on December 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Liberals couldn’t be ‘enlightened’ even if they studied under every great mind from Socrates to Einstein and got a 4.0 GPA. They’d still be fretting about the hardwood titmouse or some other silly thing, and calling us Conservatives racist haters.

I have yet to meet a liberal who could find the way out his own front door without some government program, or figure out how to use a chair without a social worker. I mean, really–look at all those young Obama voter who have to understand the bill of a baseball cap belongs on the front of the head.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM

The moon is a silver tea cup adrift in a night blue sky,
And in the cup is a drop of fire to light the morning sun.

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM

sparkplug on december 16, 2012 at 11:43 pm

far that matter, this place ain’t either. when the zombie apocalypse comes, these interwebs will go away fast. even if the web didn’t go away there ain’t a dang thing somebody can actually do to help you typing at a keyboard.

until the apocalypse, we are pretty good at giving out free information. and gettin’ ahold of your local emergency operator if you cannot. but that don’t mean you can trust us…

cozmo on december 16, 2012 at 11:48 pm

true. the internet has too many fluffin’ nutters.

SparkPlug on December 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Tunnel of Love – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on December 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM

AZfederalist on December 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I was wondering about those two.

The Sig, with the rounded corners almost swayed me. The Commander, I think.

The Micro Desert Eagle is the only member of that family that doesn’t interest me.

I saw a .40 Desert Eagle the other day…alas, that day was for shopping for others.

cozmo on December 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM