Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on December 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

The topic du jour is just what you’d expect, and the tenor of the commentary will be just what you expect too. Mike Bloomberg is the lead guest on “Meet the Press.” ‘Nuff said.

The line-up, such as it is, via WaPo:

NBC’s Meet the Press: Full coverage of the Connecticut school shooting. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on gun violence and control.

CBS’ Face the Nation: Full coverage of the Connecticut school shooting. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY); Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX); Michael Eric Dyson, Georgetown University; Jeffrey Goldberg, The Atlantic; Dan Gross, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

ABC’s This Week: Full coverage of the Connecticut school shooting.

Fox News Sunday: Full coverage of the Connecticut school shooting. Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard; Liz Marlantes, Christian Science Monitor; Nina Easton, Fortune; Brit Hume, Fox

CNN’s State of the Union with Candy Crowley: Full coverage of the Connecticut school shooting.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I know plenty of people who own firearms, including my 78 year old mother–a crack shot! Not one EVER “plays” with a gun.

Dope.

Gun owning needs to become socially unacceptable, much like smoking. Anti-gun culture ads like anti-smoking ads. Shame gun owners.

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I believe jawkneemusic’s right. By the way, your problem’s not with the “church”.

kingsjester on December 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM

really? What is my problem all knowing one, purveyor of God’s truths?
I forsook the Church for a personal and genuine relationship with God.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Is Michael Bloomberg going to give up his armed guards? Is all the representatives going to do away with their armed security? Did anyone notice the absurd amount of security that surround Susan Rice when she went to meet with Graham, McCain etc…Milia Obama had like 115 secret service guys protecting her on spring break.

Is Holder going to be held accountable for fast & furiuos. Is Obama going to be held accountable for his gun running scheme in Benghazi.

Obama and his cohorts will use this tragedy to feed on the fears and emotions of people. This administration will not stop at assault riffles. I’m not going to hold my breath but, disarming the American people might be the one issue that wakes the American people up, maybe!

Zcat on December 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Let me understand this Libs, the shooter was declined a rifle purchase due to gun control measures. The gun owner purchased the guns pursuant to gun control legislation. The shooter then commits an illegal act, theft, governed by legislation.
The libtard solution: More legislation.
Facepalm

hillsoftx on December 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM

This isn’t about stopping gun violence. Fact is this kind of event is still relatively rare. They just use whatever they can get, dead children or not to push their anti-freedom agenda. It’s about people control. Always has been. The Founders understood this and feared this. That’s why they gave us the Bill of Rights. These vultures will never rest. They love violence. Their policies promote and encourage the destruction of millions of babies after all.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I wonder if they’ll get anything right this time. Lucky Ryan Lanza wasn’t lynched.

I don’t wonder if Gun Control will dominate the convo

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM

No shiznit. I’m glad cops got to him before the bloodlust mobs. He shouldn’t for a second pay for his brother’s deranged crimes.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

no way jose…

cmsinaz on December 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

If this senseless shooting showed us one thing it is the failure of gun control laws. More people need to own and carry guns. How many of those kids would still be alive if someone at that school had been able to defend them? An evil person stole guns and went into a gun free zone and murdered defenseless innocent people. The left will try once ag.ain to deny our basic rights and they will fail. It is time this nation sees the folly of gun control and allows its citizens to defens themselves. I bought three people in my family guns for Christmas this year.

Ellis on December 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Why should I watch the stupid discussions on TV when lib trolls like lostmotherland come here. And I see the same vain arguments on fb & other blogs.

Good morning HotAir.

Go pound sand, Sunday morning blowhards!

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM

no way jose…

cmsinaz

Maybe. We own the culture after all . . .

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I bought three people in my family guns for Christmas this year.

Ellis on December 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

What a freak.

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I feel really bad for the kid. His pic was posted all over the place, and he was smeared as an evil murderer.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I bought three people in my family guns for Christmas this year.

Ellis on December 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I bet they will enjoy target practice.

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

up next with candy crowely, parenting and kids who kill…

cmsinaz on December 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM

What a freak.

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I own a virtual arsenal. I’m a serious freaky deaky mo fo. Trayvon and his skittles Tussin mix should steer clear.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I just pray that they are going to seriously reconsider our current mental health laws. Three years ago, a friend of mine became psychotic due to a reaction with a prescribed drug. Friends, family and I contacted police and hospitals to have him locked up. Repeatedly, we were told that unless he went willingly – or committed a crime – they couldn’t pick him up.

Well; one night he did commit a crime. He went to his country club at 1AM and put a bunch of bullets into the front door. The good news? No one was hurt. The bad? Now he is a felon – and, of course, he might have harmed or murdered people! Had we been able to have him taken to a hospital and held him until he was better, this could have been avoided.

How many of these horrific mass murders might never have occurred if we were to return to a time where people suspected of serious mental disorders could at least be examined for 48-72 hours?!?

pbundy on December 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

The liberal definition of ‘gun culture’ applies only to the NRA and gun owners. But what about Hollywood? That doesn’t ‘promote’ a gun culture?

Of course, liberals never want to go whole-hog with their definitions. Want to remove the so-called gun culture? Then let’s destroy every war movie ever made (including the puff piece for Obama about the raid to get bin Laden), every western, every movie involving criminals and that includes cops having guns, too, every sci-flick where firearms are used (like Aliens), and every TV show that depicts a gun or even makes mention of it. Plus, to make sure there is no risk of corruption of minds, government control of the Internet. Then we ban the producing, creating, sharing, and ownership of any such entertainment. It’s the only way!

Oh, wait! There’s that First Amendment thing, which we know Hollywood would never sacrifice. Silly me!

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 9:42 AM

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

In fact you are a class a number one hypocrite who rejects shame when it comes to behaviors you approve but wants to shame those who have behaviors you disapprove.

“Math, science and research are hard, logic is harder and thinking is hardest of all” How does it feel to be so ignorant that you are batting zero for five on the above.

chemman on December 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

pbundy on December 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

So anyone who is deemed “mentally ill”, which is just about every per the new book out via psychiatrists, shouldn’t have a gun?

Nice. So how about you tell that to a man or woman who has serviced in the military, has PTSD, that they can’t “own” a gun.

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I refuse to watch. All this “why, why” is just an excuse to milk the ratings and look like a gun banning hero.

We all know why — he’s crazy.

PattyJ on December 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

chemman on December 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

howdy chem, we are ignoring the trolls today. Come join us! :)

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Why don’t you shame criminals who obtained guns illegally. Oh wait, never mind!

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Yeah. Especially when he was handcuffed and perp-walked in front of the cameras. Evil Adam likely would have enjoyed bringing his brother and father down with him. Also horrors for slain mom Nancy’s brother, a police officer.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

howdy chem, we are ignoring the trolls today. Come join us! :)

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Heh. My bad. :)

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

This is freaky, Adam Lanza father was scheduled to testify against the New World Order globalist banksters in a multi-TRILLION dollar lawsuit
The father, Peter Lanza, worked as an executive for General Electric Company.
The father of the Aurora, Colorado theater “alleged” shooter was ALSO scheduled to testify in that same lawsuit.
The Nanny in NYC, who “allegedly” murdered the two children she was taking care of? The children’s father was an executive at CNBC, and they had just done a story on that very same lawsuit against the globalist banksters!

Zcat on December 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Guns don’t kill people, Smoking doesn’t kill people.

Eric Holder kills people, and people who smoke kill people.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

What a freak.

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Better than being the cousin of a donkey. You are an a** and when I am dead and buried you will still be an a**.

chemman on December 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

howdy chem, we are ignoring the trolls today. Come join us! :)

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

My apologies. Will ignore the rest of the day.

chemman on December 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Has anyone asked why the 20-year-old Adam Lanza was not enrolled in any post-secondary school nor employed?

There is something amiss when such a lack of curiosity shapes the news narrative. Everything from inanimate guns to a dead mother who cannot defend herself has been the focus of the story, everything but the perpetrator himself.

Obysmal is heading to Newton for a vigil service (for a photo op, most likely) because his presence surely is disruptive to the grieving and coping of the affected families and community. Like the ghouls of the Westboro Baptist cult, he should stay far away from Newton and respect the privacy and dignity of the community.

The majority of the politicians howling for stricter gun control hail from cities and states with such restrictions. Yet it is in the places that they “serve,” where guns and gun violence are rampantly in the hands of lawbreakers. The irony of their posturing never fails to amaze.

onlineanalyst on December 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM

If Hotair refuses to rid us of trolls like lostmotherland, we need to ignore them for good. They have nothing to offer. They just disrupt. Can’t believe I’m saying this but with the crop of new trolls, I miss crr6. At least she could argue with smidgen of intelligence compared to these losers.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

why isn’t Hillary testifying on Benghazi? I heard a migraine?

I wish I didn’t have to got to court every time my head or tummy ached.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Zcat on December 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Do you really think these unspeakable crimes against innocents can be boiled down to mere banking scandals? Or is the sheer horror of aberrant human nature and wanton carnage too much for you to face?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I agree. Banning trolls is completely different from censoring opposing viewpoints – like every liberal site

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

be careful, though. Opposing viewpoints are different from trolling.

Example: Me

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

ROFL

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

onlineanalyst on December 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I see I’m not alone in feeling Zero’s actions are absolutely unwarranted, disruptive, and merely grandstanding.
Am I alone in worrying that he may take the opportunity to announce a new ‘Sandy Hook EO’ that somehow restricts gun ownership ?? Hey, this is Obama we’re talking about !!

pambi on December 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

be careful, though. Opposing viewpoints are different from trolling.
Example: Me
Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I didn’t have you in mind.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

pambi on December 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

2nd amendment. The only people who have a say is the Supreme Court and even they (including the liberals) know better.

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I bought three people in my family guns for Christmas this year.

Ellis on December 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Ditto.

Me, myself, and I are all getting a gun for Christmas…and I’m an agnostic. I wonder what the will get for Hanukkah?

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I didn’t have you in mind.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

heh. That’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Maybe. We own the culture after all . . .

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Really? I wouldn’t be so proud of that.

katy the mean old lady on December 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I think it’s fair to say the trolls have exhausted our patience, indulgence, and even good will with this tragedy. The deceased children weren’t even removed from the scene before the trolls came her spouting the same things they did forty years ago, and they upped to level of nastiness against people who were looking to make sense of it all.

Maybe HA can and will finally create an ignore feature based on the name of the abusive liberal user. That way we don’t have to suffer their presence unless individually willing.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM

pambi on December 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Of course anything is possible with this President. But if he does his admin will be sued and they will lose.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Children are dying so you can play cowboy with your guns.

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Well then…it’s settled. :/

I grew up in Conn., a few towns southwest of Newtown in the same county…and the state has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation. This shooter didn’t use his guns…he used someone elses…his mom’s I believe. So all the background checks in the world wouldn’t have stopped this guy from shooting anyone.

Honestly, it’s unsettling at best that you, and all the usual politicians on the Left are using dead children as a political soap box to spout disdain at the second amendment. The bodies aren’t even cold yet.

Let’s see what comes out of this investigation before we start tossing partisan blame around, huh?

JetBoy on December 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Its as plausible that this troubled man wanted to give liberals an axe to grind as it is that he was jealous, envious of those living normal innocent lives.

Speakup on December 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Yeah, I know. Just wouldn’t put it past him to throw it into our faces, IN ORDER to be challenged, and prompting PROPER opposition, which of course would = ‘deranged, RACIST gun owners’, promoting rev’t'n, et al.

The election has made me very cynical, and it’s taking some time to work myself out of it.
Sigh.

pambi on December 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM

hilarious Bob Costas pic

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

No where in my comment did i state “i believe” i simply find it freaky. You also would be surprized at what these big conglomerates can and will do. Please feel free to skip over my comments.

Also, feel free to attack me over my comment. As for the children and adults killed in this horrific tragedy like many others i struggle to comprehend the actions of Adam Lanza. My heart breaks for the families of these children and adults killed. I think this tragedy is hard for a lot of us to face this wanton carnag, especially when the lives of 20 children were taken. I glad to know that you are among the few that can face and deal with this tragedy.

Zcat on December 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

JetBoy on December 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You’re asking the unreasonable to be reasonable. The facts don’t matter. Only their agenda and the scum like lostmotherland, Bloomburg and Piers Morgan will use every single dead child they can to push it.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Ha! Common fools. To HeII with you!

Bmore on December 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Trite but true:
If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
If a liberal doesn’t like guns, he wants to take them away from others.

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

we have to immediately seek political affiliation because we know the Libs will scream Tea Party without any evidence at all.

Bill Ross and Stepholouphugs, I’m talking to you

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I wish Timothy McVeigh or the 9/11 Terrorists had used guns instead. A lot fewer people would have died.

mike_NC9 on December 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Trite but true:
If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
If a liberal doesn’t like guns, he wants to take them away from others.
22044 on December 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Pretty much applies to anything. Except in Bloomburgs case. He’ll tell you can’t drink a 32oz soda while simultaneously sponsoring Donut Day.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Given some of the angry raging comments I see from among the trolls, it’s good they don’t want guns. Can you imagine one of them having our kinds of discussions in person at a Tea Party rally? I’m willing to bet they would pull a weapon first if they had one.

We need look only at union goons anywhere in the country to see that’s not beyond the realm of possibility.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Indeed.

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM

jawkneemusic on December 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Bloomy was WAY out of hand…these knuckleheads don’t ever care about facts…why start now, I guess…

Frum’s early tweet on this shooting was abysmal as well.

JetBoy on December 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Here is how I see it.

No matter what is “found” on the kid, he will deemed mentally ill via the media, which is like throwing a pebble into a lake… the ripple effect for those who are considered mentally ill will now have a worse time with anything, per the media duping all the morons who believe them.

The general public, will for the most part, start ostracizing anyone even considered a little off, and the ripple effect will keep getting bigger and bigger.

The ripple will then for sure go towards anyone even with the slightest degree of “illness” via psychologist or psychiatrists, which will include depression. Anything those two “professions” say will go.

Eventually it will go to the supreme court, who may/may not rule concerning the mental capacity of anyone who is deemed or was deemed with a “mental flaw”. And Viola, no more guns for these individuals.

Been going this way for a while. I sure this will be the push that is needed.

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I’m changing my political registration to demorat.

Then I’m going to attend the next Bark rally in my truck with the various gun-supporting decals, towing my duck boat, and I’ll be wearing a sporting clays padded vest with shotgun-shell loops all over it.

On the front of the vest will be two patches: One from the NRA, the other from the Rainbow Coalition.

Just watching my fellow demorats try to figure out what to do will be worth all my efforts.

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Family Research Council shooting: case in point

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

lostmotherland

So the constitution needs to become socially unacceptable while criminals become acceptable….grand idea.

Zaggs on December 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I am reminded of Australia, which passed sweeping gun bans following a few mass killing events in the 1990s. After spending a princely sum on gun-grabbing programs, Australia can’t demonstrate a single benefit. Sure, the percent of homicides involving guns did drop, but Australia’s overall murder rate barely budged. So now, Australia’s murderers just switched to other means of killing people. Meanwhile, Australia’s citizens are deprived of a means of defending themselves. Bravo.

Outlander on December 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

mike_NC9

Ban fertilizer!!

Zaggs on December 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM

The only inanimate object that kills people is the movie Promised Land

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Ban fertilizer!!

Zaggs on December 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Ban large trucks. The executives of Uhaul and Hertz are still walking free, what a travesty of justice.

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM

lostmotherland

That is funny coming from a group who has absolutely no shame in any of the many unacceptable behaviors they promote and engage in.

Night Owl on December 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Any hope that the trolls would start taking guns away from their fellow libs (yeah, libs own guns too. it’s a poorly kept secret).

Yeah, right…

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

lostmotherland

I think they took that Al Gore quote about Denialists becoming socially unacceptable and switched some vowels and consonants around. Libs are so original.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Connecticut is like 4th in the nation for strick gun laws. Apparently the gun ban didn’t mean anything to Adam Lanza, nor did the new security procedures! Its ashame the teachers were aware of the gun ban and was “unarmed” at the time of the shooting, maybe if a few were armed and had the opportunity to defend themselves and the children, lives could have been saved!
The highest crimes rate are in states with the strictest gun laws.

The Obama administration is using this tragedy as an “opportunity” to advance their agenda in disarming law abiding citizens, never the criminals if want affect them.

Zcat on December 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Ban high cheek bones as a qualification for minority status

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Speakup on December 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Leaning towards the latter. I think he had a seething grudge against normal, happy children. And, having shot each child three to eleven times, I wager that he harbored morbid slaughterhouse-type obsessions.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Clackamas Shooter Was Confronted by CCW Holder

Have you wondered why, in such a target rich environment as a suburban shopping mall two weeks before Christmas, the shooter at the Clackamas Town Center only managed to kill two people before dousing his own lights? Part of the reason was a dodgy gun. But as is being reported by kgw.com, part was also due to the fact that, gun-free zone or not, Jacob Roberts was confronted by Nick Meli who was armed and has a concealed carry permit. No, he didn’t fire because he feared hitting an innocent person behind Roberts if he missed. But Roberts knew Meli was there: “I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself.” David Frum was unavailable for comment.

Southern by choice22 on December 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Yeah, right…

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Of course there would be waivers and exceptions, like for the private firms that provide armed security to Hollywood leftists and fatcat liberals like Bloomberg. Everyone else is on his own.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Here is how I see it.

Been going this way for a while. I sure this will be the push that is needed.

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Well hello ther upster!

There was a guy on FOX News this morning speculating the shooter had made previous threats at that school, which is why they recently installed their new security system, and they don’t want that to come out.

This story, and a lot of others like it, grows uncontrolled it seems as more details come in about it. There was speculation after speculation during the whole thing. That’s ridiculous.

And as always, blame is being babbled about…gun control, mental health, etc. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who brandishes a firearm and systematically murders a kindergarten class full of young kids…would absolutely be “insane”. There’s no doubt…sane people don’t do this.

Whether or not the shooter acted out of evil, or was all messed up in the head, it’s hard to say. But as you pointed out, the public eats up anything the media tells them. And I said it last night, but the Westboro Baptist Phelps phreaks are planning a protest at the school, and the funerals of these kids.

Now THAT’S disgusting.

JetBoy on December 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Speaking out needs to become socially unacceptable, much like smoking. Anti-free speech ads like anti-smoking ads. Shame those who voice dissent.

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Easy.

CurtZHP on December 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Shame those who voice dissent.

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

5 years ago: Dissent is patriotic

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Now THAT’S disgusting.

JetBoy on December 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Those freaks can’t count themselves lucky if some relative of the lost kids doesn’t attack them. If it were my family all I can say is that I would be in jail the next day.

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Ban high cheek bones as a qualification for minority status

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

ban skin color as a qualification for minoity status while your at it.

new hotness……eye color..or is it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bWlTZZN3DY

renalin on December 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Clackamas Mall Shooter Was Confonted By Concealed Carrier (Oregon)

Southern by choice22 on December 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

JetBoy on December 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

If they even get close to a funeral or that school, I am sure the public would have a cow. I understand people are trying to get a hold of the Patriot Guard… but the families who lost a loved one need to get a hold of the PGR.

I hope the fakes don’t show, as I really think it will turn bad.

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Months before the Newtown massacre far left groups defeated a Connecticut mental health protections law.
Counter Contempt reported:

Here’s a fact you might not know – Connecticut is one of only SIX states in the U.S. that doesn’t have a type of “assisted outpatient treatment” (AOT) law (sometimes referred to as “involuntary outpatient treatment”). There’s no one standard for these types of laws, but (roughly speaking) these are laws that allow for people with mental illness to be forcibly treated BEFORE they commit a serious crime. Whereas previous legal standards held that the mentally ill cannot be institutionalized or medicated until they harm someone or themselves, or until they express an immediate intent to do so, AOT laws (again, roughly speaking) allow for preventative institutionalization or forced medication (I highly recommend reading the data cited in the link I provided in this paragraph, especially regarding what is known as “first episode psychosis”).

AOT laws vary state-by-state, and often bear the name of a person murdered by an untreated mentally ill person (“Kendra’s Law” in New York, “Laura’s Law” in California, etc.).

Earlier this year, Connecticut considered passing an AOT law (and a weak one, at that), and it failed, due to protests from “civil liberties” groups…………………….

Here’s another little goodie from the Gateway Pundit. Seems Conn. aclu types have a hand in keeping the mentally ill out of hopsitals where they belong. I m shocked.

rodguy911 on December 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Them showing up would be a perfect time for union muscle to show up and become useful for once.

Liam on December 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

ban skin color as a qualification for minority status while your at it.

renalin on December 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM

affirmative action is as racist as it gets.

I smoked weed. I was a total Marxist in college. But I wasn’t in Columbia’s binders full of Kenyans, so I settled for State School

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Or you could do this, the ultimate bait and switch. Keep the guns hidden and load your actual gun safe with bricks.

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

rodguy911 on December 16, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Great post. This maniac’s mother should have secured her guns, but other than that, there is probably little she could have done considering this guy was an adult. The same idiots screaming for gun control would have been screaming for the ACLU if she had tried to have him committed.

Night Owl on December 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM……………………
Thanks and
In fact that’s exactly what happened,great insight.

rodguy911 on December 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I hope the fakes don’t show, as I really think it will turn bad.

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Bishop on December 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Of course, violence is what those morons crave. Pays off very nicely to them. I’d be in the next cell to yours for using a baseball bat out of season. And it would be entirely worth it.

JetBoy on December 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM

NYTimes of course said Crowder’s video was selectively edited cause the fat Union oaf fell down (although they couldn’t say why he fell down)

curiously I never heard them mention NBC’s selectively edited Zimmerman 911 call.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Counter Contempt reported:

rodguy911 on December 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Very enlightening. Thank you.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on December 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM

rodguy911 on December 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Opponents of the AOT law now have blood on their hands.

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

J_Crater on December 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

From your link:

Family friends said Lanza’s problems started to escalate when his parents divorced in 2008 after 18 years together.

His father Peter, a wealthy executive for General Electric, who is believed to earn $1 million a year, moved out of the family home in 2006, citing ‘irreconcilable differences’…

One of Lanza’s former classmates spoke of his ‘noticeable decline’ after his parents’ divorce. ‘He was a loner at school and hyper intelligent,’ he said. ‘But in recent years he disappeared off the radar.

‘The word is that he was badly affected when his parents split and that might be what pushed him over the edge.

‘He was always weird but the divorce affected him. He was arguing with his mother. He was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.’

Time to rethink no-fault divorces?

Fallon on December 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

OT: Hot dog vendor will receive money to buy a new cart.

Some good news. :)

22044 on December 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM

…NOPE!…NOT WATCHING!…I am fluking tired of the MSM!
…today the HEADLINE in my Sunday Detroit Free Press…GOP OFFICIAL CAUGHT ON VIDEOTAPE…His comments about Detroit casing a stir…He says he meant no offense to city…with another full page further on in the paper. (The Michigan former GOP chairman at a Tea Party rally in August said that “voters in Detroit get picked up at pool halls and barber shops and bused from ‘precinct to precinct where they vote multiple times’…and that someone not from Detroit would not want to go to the polls there at 6:30 a.m. ‘without a side arm.’…it was video taped by a Democrat operative shadowing him…AND YET look at the Jazz Shaw thread at 11:31 A.M. thread on The Rev. Charles William II declaring “Protesters would be at his (Gov. Rick Snyder) daughter’s soccer game”…NOT ONE LINE in the paper!
FLUKE the paper!

KOOLAID2 on December 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM

rodguy911 on December 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yup. From a 2005 Frontline report citing Out of the Shadows: Confronting America’s Mental Illness Crisis by E. Fuller Torrey, M.D.:

Thus deinstitutionalization has helped create the mental illness crisis by discharging people from public psychiatric hospitals without ensuring that they received the medication and rehabilitation services necessary for them to live successfully in the community. Deinstitutionalization further exacerbated the situation because, once the public psychiatric beds had been closed, they were not available for people who later became mentally ill, and this situation continues up to the present. Consequently, approximately 2.2 million severely mentally ill people do not receive any psychiatric treatment.

Deinstitutionalization was based on the principle that severe mental illness should be treated in the least restrictive setting. As further defined by President Jimmy Carter’s Commission on Mental Health, this ideology rested on “the objective of maintaining the greatest degree of freedom, self-determination, autonomy, dignity, and integrity of body, mind, and spirit for the individual while he or she participates in treatment or receives services.”8 This is a laudable goal and for many, perhaps for the majority of those who are deinstitutionalized, it has been at least partially realized.

For a substantial minority, however, deinstitutionalization has been a psychiatric Titanic.

Fallon on December 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM

point is, you saw the light. and chose to light.

renalin on December 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM

lostmotherland

Yes, if only we could return to the paradise of non-violence before the invention of firearms. Oh wait…

What needs to become socially unacceptable is the assanine notion that we should all just wait around to have ourselves and our families become the next victims.

If one, just one, teacher or staff member of that school had been carrying a firearm…

Arm yourselves folks. Now.

labrat on December 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

renalin on December 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM

exactly. Binders are prejudiced. Trapper Keeper is in league with Soros. I can’t compete with that.

Slade73 on December 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM

pbundy on December 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

upinak on December 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Upinak – I didn’t even address gun ownership. I was referring to holding someone in a facility if they are deemed to be psychotic. A world of difference between “mental illness” and dangerous psychosis.

And will we be able to find everyone that is going to do something like this? No. And will a few people be held for 48 hours that perhaps shouldn’t be there? Yes. Still – I’d prefer that sort of system than today’s where we have people whose brains think it is appropriate to murder 28 children and adults free to roam around.

pbundy on December 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Good luck with that. Meanwhile the only people that ever suffer are those who are stuck in a proud no gun zone. Guns don’t kill people, gun grabbers kill people.

NotCoach on December 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM

verbaluce on December 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM

So says the post and run loser.

NotCoach on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

lostmotherland on December 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Good luck with “shaming” folks in South. We’ll never give up our arms or our liberties. Never. :-)

Punchenko on December 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM