Obamacare is coming to town…

posted at 4:01 pm on December 15, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

The new year is almost upon us and change is coming. Oh boy, is it coming. Today I wanted to share with you a bit of first hand evidence of some of the real world effects your government has in store for you. This week I had the opportunity to stop by with friends at a local, small business (less than 40 employees) and sit in on a presentation being given by their insurance provider regarding changes to the employer provided program. (The provider in question also offers programs for private contractors and individuals which was of interest to me.) It was eye opening to say the least.

One of the first things I learned was that some of the employees were bracing for a big hit in terms of their costs. Single person coverage hadn’t changed very much – around $50 each two week pay period – and seemed fairly reasonably priced to me. But the employee plus spouse plan (2 people) had shot up more than 30% and was well over $150 per payday. The full family plan which covers children had taken an even bigger hit and was going to be costing almost $290 per paycheck. One woman who works in the computer graphics section was wandering around afterwards looking stunned, saying to three people in a row, “That’s half of my paycheck. That’s half of my paycheck. What am I going to do?”

There were other changes to the cost structure, with co-pays, deductibles and maximum out of pocket expenses being altered. None of these new price plans seemed to be very popular.

The presentation given by a young man from the insurance group was equally eye opening. Right off the bat he made reference to Obamacare. (And for the record, yes… he said “Obamacare” and not “The Affordable Care Act.”) He spoke of “some great things” it had mandated already, such as allowing children to stay on their parent’s policies longer. (Yes… he used the word “mandate” about half a dozen times during the presentation.) But after “the good stuff” he went on to professionally explain that other mandates involved providing a number of new bits of coverage at no cost, which affected the total cost of the plan to the employer. He handed out some useful flyers with the specifics. Most of them were, as he described it, in the area of women’s health issues. They include:

- Well-woman visits
- Gestational diabetes screening
- Sexually transmitted infection counseling
- FDA-approved contraception methods and counseling
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing (age 30 and over)
- HIV screening / counseling
- Domestic violence screening
- Breastfeeding support and supplies

The rep seemed to be well aware of how these rising costs would affect people and was prepared with a handy tip sheet on how savvy health care shoppers could reduce their costs. It would almost be funny if it wasn’t so real. (And I would like to stress the fact that noneof this is my usual snark. These are real items on the company’s tip sheet.) Included on the list:

“When your Dr. prescribes a drug, ask if a cheaper alternative is available.”

“As you may know from your everyday shopping, it’s cheaper to buy in bulk…”

“Prescribing half as many high strength pills and splitting them to achieve the desired dosage can reduce the cost of some medications by 50%.”

“Drug companies give thousands of samples to doctors every year. Your doctor may be able to provide you with weeks’ worth of the medication at no charge.”

“Look into a discount card, either through a drugstore chain or national plan.”

So apparently this is the future of your health care under the “affordable” health care act. Be sure to look into those discount cards, kids. And by the way… did you know that many of the drugs your vet gives you for your dog are almost the same as the ones for humans? Savings SCORE!

Comments

Fight their azzes.

Otherwise you’ll be royally Fluked.

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Is that Michelle’s nightgown?

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Is that Michelle’s nightgown?

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Schadenfreude:Me thinks,from the WH Loo curtain rods,haha!:)

canopfor on December 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Jazz,I must say,your accurate and on a roll————–:)

canopfor on December 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM

O man this reminds me of that seinfeld clip where Kramer takes cold medicine ment for his dog to treat his own !

watertown on December 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

================================

That,is going to be a new world of financial
hurt,just wait till that translates,to NET PAY!!

canopfor on December 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

…Merry Christmas!

Obamacare is coming to town…

Santa Claus !

KOOLAID2 on December 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

We don’t have true health insurance anymore.

We have health welfare payment plans.

Its time to change the nomenclature.

Revenant on December 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Sure you have health care coverage but you can’t afford to use it with the deductible, the copays, the Rx costs, etc.

Blake on December 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

New Steyn…

The Doctor Won’t See You Now

M2RB: Kiss…live

Resist We Much on December 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I guess making health care unaffordable for more people makes it more affordable for a few or something.

Blake on December 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Obama DELIBERATELY CREATED the conditions that ALLOWED the Slaughter of Children in Connecticut – why is NO ONE covering THIS Story?:

williamg on December 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM

LOL it now cost at work almost 100 bucks a week for the 2nd tier insurance ( you know the one with less of a co pay ) for a family plan.

Mind you, this is about 1/4 of the paycheck for us workers without over time.

Yeah it is awesome. From 40 bucks to 100 in 2 years. Thanks OBAMA!!

watertown on December 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I guess these is NO way to just get the coverage you need for your age? I am 68 do NOT need bc/pregnancy tests/anything to do with having kids, but I bet I AM paying for those who are of age?

I gotta tell you, those who voted FOR THIS gosh horrible bill and all those voters who voted for supporters of this bill(bho) you are really really going to be upset big time when a stop comes to getting ALL your needs at the doctors/pharmacy! And I hope you get YOURS! WE knew what was going to happen, but by golly no way in he!! did we know it would be this bad? And people, me thinks this just the tip of the iceburg!
L

letget on December 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Obamacare is yet another reason I hate Liberals. Their entire philosophy is centered on controlling people. They are tyrants and dictators in the making. I don’t think we will recover from the Obama years and need to prepare for whatever comes after.

Charlemagne on December 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Blake on December 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

The goal is to create the conditions that will result in a demand for single payer.

Charlemagne on December 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Your first question to Oaf Obama should always be, yes you media too “If it’s so good, why are You and Family, and the congress, not on it?”

If this doesn’t get reversed, there is no need to continue to support this oaf, alas.

The once freest land is now the most stupid.

Leftists are terrorists.

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

This is good. Bring on the pain. The more people hurting, the better. The more people hurting, the sooner maybe some of them wake up and recover that 500,000 votes that was the difference.

Excellent.

I am not taking too much dark pleasure in it… it’s more like, before I rip off the bandage on the hairy man, “yes, this is going to hurt.”

cane_loader on December 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I am not taking too much dark pleasure in it…

cane_loader on December 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I am!!!

p.s. to expect this little of the first not even half black president is the ultimate form of racism.

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Pink slips / hour reductions for all you low-income suckahs that voted for us!

rayra on December 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

L

letget on December 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

The states do this too — many, if not most states have legislated insurance mandates which require each policy to cover certain politically-favored risks, such as drug treatment; breast cancer, etc.

If there were a free market for all these types of coverages, those who would want this coverage would have to pay more, and those who did not would end up paying less.

Revenant on December 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

That picture of mo, is there anyway someone around mo would dare tell her, gal the ‘arms’ are not all that wonderful anymore? How about a nice cover you up a bit dress? I bet she spent a bundle on that outfit, and as a gal, IT STINKS!
L

letget on December 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Is that Michelle’s nightgown?

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

…one of the drapes from Beyonce’s bedroom…

KOOLAID2 on December 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I wonder if the increase in pricing will also cover oil changes for my car? Seems everything else I DON’T WANT OR NEED is being covered.

GarandFan on December 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Gee, healthcare was expensive before but now that it’s free, it’s really expensive. Who knew?

GarandFan on December 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM

No, only proper tire inflation costs are covered which will give you better gas mileage when going to the doctor to find out what services you can’t have.

ghostwalker1 on December 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Yeah, I work for a university and our prescription costs will double. For now, buying a 3-month prescription is $40 and that changes to $75 for some drugs and $150(!) for some other drugs. Thanks, Mr. President. I now have a $250 deductible for health care, where I didn’t have one before.

On the other hand, I do think the $250 deductible is a good idea and that everyone should have a deductible. That’s how it used to be, before HMO’s. My sister has been on an HMO all her life, so she has no idea what anything costs. Because I (currently) am on a 20% plan (insurance pays 80%, and I pay 20%), I at least have an idea how much an office visit is, labs, etc.

sydneyjane on December 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Is that Michelle’s nightgown?

Schadenfreude on December 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Looks like it might be a better fit for Reggie Love — but I can’t imagine Queen Moochelle ever wearing anything that’s been worn before …

ShainS on December 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

M2RB: Kiss…live

Resist We Much on December 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM

They’re at your house?

davidk on December 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

The cheapest option under my spouse’s 2013 employer group plan, with a $5,000 deductible and 30% coinsurance, is $400+ per bi-weekly paycheck for an employee and spouse, or $800+ per month. Most of the employees for the company make $15.00 per hour. Doesn’t leave much for housing, food and basics, does it? Many employees are turning down coverage. They will use the ER if they need care, or do without. The company says the high premiums are due to Obamacare.

southworth on December 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I get the whole vet dog medication swap idea but I don’t know; the other day a woman in front of me at the drugstore was telling the pharmacist about her dog and the dog shrink the vet wanted to send her dog to, at $200/hour. She had declined the opportunity. So, I don’t know; some dogs might get better treatment than we will under Obamacare. But, then, we know how fond Obama is of dog — uh, I mean dogs — maybe he’ll “help” them to some increased rates, too.

IndieDogg on December 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Guess what else showed up: “Oil rig arrives off Cuba for new exploration” http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA36EN4O3

davidk on December 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Did nobody in the room (I sure the hell would have) ask exactly what would be the penalties on providers, employers, and citizens Americans and illegal aliens — as the latter often escape penalties and/or receive preferential status over citizens owing to their “victimhood” — in those cases where a mandate was ignored, not followed, or followed incorrectly?

Pure pleasure just from seeing the looks on their faces at the audacity and incredulity of daring to ask such a question.

I’ll bet if you ask 100 different “representatives” in the industry government, as with income tax return questions, you’ll get 100 different wrong answers …

ShainS on December 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

****** Alert ***********

Live video: Governor Dannel P. Malloy speaks to the people of Connecticut on school shooting – @NNLive

4 mins ago from http://www.nn.com by editor

canopfor on December 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Brian terry died two years ago today: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/15/Rest-In-Peace-Brian-Terry

davidk on December 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM

*** Alert ****

Remarks of Governor Dannel P. Malloy
on the shooting in Newtown
State Capitol, Governor’s Office
December 15, 2012

canopfor on December 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

L

letget on December 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone. In her case, it’s on a molecular level – no wait, her strings are ugly.

turfmann on December 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Buy in bulk? How’s anyone gonna be able to afford to buy in bulk after paying those exorbitant premiums? And I wonder how quickly those thousands of samples will be disappearing.

Prepare for a severely strangled economy.

stukinIL4now on December 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

williamg on December 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Well now we know why he was crying yesterday…

Skywise on December 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Crumble.

Bmore on December 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

davidk on December 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

BTW, the score was 107-2. The good part is that losing coach is not whining and talking about “fairness.”

davidk on December 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Obamacare is coming to Town.

Marxism by any other name still has the wretched stench of death.

On the tragic loss of 20 innocent children.

SWalker on December 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Hey,I was told several times that family premiums would go down $2500.00.What is going on?Was I misled?

docflash on December 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I am in the business and this is not the half of it.

Starlink on December 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Me as well. And Yes- just the tip, ain’t it Star?

lol..I say Obamacare in my presentations and MANDATE as well.
I begin a full schedule of Obamacare health reform meetings and presentations to both my small and larger group businesses in 2013.
Its the truth and people are gonna hear it from me straight up.
You mad? Well now you know who to direct your anger out on fools.

bazil9 on December 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Jazz Shaw old/busted (on April 10, 2011 by Jazz Shaw):

(Full disclosure: Yes, I’m a member. Yes, I think they provide some terrific services and programs.) And they’re operating pretty much as they always have. But a number of prominent Republican leaders are still upset that AARP supported Obamacare

on April 10, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

Jazz Shaw new hotness:

yeah, …funny.
Let us all know about how those great AARP discount cards you loved in 2011 are going to work now.

Cloture on December 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

BTW, it’s not just the drugs that your vet will pay more for.
There are MANY things that the 2-3% ‘medical devices tax’ (probably called something else..hmm)
will be affected, which vets routinely need to purchase, including latex gloves. (yup.. go figure)
It’s not like they make separate X-ray machines for animals, either !
God help us all.

pambi on December 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

God help us all.

pambi on December 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Sorry, I’m pretty sure that when the Democrats/Marxists kicked God out of America he went quietly and left us to our own devices.

SWalker on December 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM

The costs laid out by Jazz look similar to the one offered by my employer.
Since I only cover myself, my premium went up about 20%. The other premiums went up a lot more than that.
And I have a hunch that I’m getting less insurance for my increased premium. Maybe that’s an incentive for me to start taking better care of myself.

22044 on December 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The aarp bunch are the ones who I really want to get a huge ‘come to’ when this hits the fan! Boy are they gonna be surprised someone would do that to them? The bhopress gave zero press on what/how they were involved with bhocare, and they sure were!
I don’t want to hear the ‘I didn’t know’ thing from them?
L

letget on December 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM

That’s factually wrong, even for a snark. Pet antibiotics are vastly different for humans, some are even toxic, and the same is true the other way around. If you want to scale SCORE, look into fish drugs.

Archivarix on December 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM

sydneyjane on December 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Psssst. Walmart and Target both have wide-open-to-all prescription drug offerings with a few hundred of the most commonly prescribed medications are available for as little as $4 an Rx / $10 for 3mos.
Check and see if your meds are available thru them, you could save a substantial amount of $

rayra on December 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

This is a feature, not a bug. They want us to be unhappy so we are demanding government provided, universal healthcare.

And then they can promise to provide the universal healthcare to people in a ‘transfer the wealth’ sort of way (ie high taxes on the ‘other guy’) – until the system is crushed under the weight of the debt and entitlement promises and we’re all screwed. Except the politians, of course, who’ll always work it out to their advantage.

Good luck to you all.

LilyBart on December 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

M2RB: Kiss…live

Resist We Much on December 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM

They’re at your house?

davidk on December 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

hehehe. Live on Memorex YouTube.

In concert, as opposed to a studio recording.

Resist We Much on December 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

If you want to scale SCORE, look into fish drugs.

Archivarix on December 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Have been buying and using fish meds for decades.
Read your scripts well, folks (if legible .. LOL).
Ya never know until you pursue.

pambi on December 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

pambi on December 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Forgot to add … sons with very bad acne were rx’d tetra, and we bought it about 1/2 price through the vet I worked for at the time. Same formula as he distributed to the animals.
Used the same ones for a sick, lactating bitch. Saved her.

pambi on December 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM

You know, I have decent health coverage, and my company is working hard to keep our costs down. Those of you that voted for Obummer because you thought your coverage was going to get better, and it didn’t…suck it.

john1schn on December 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Archivarix on December 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Your blanket statement is wrong. Any older person with an older dog would know. There are lots of human drugs being used to treat dogs and other animals. Particularly for heart conditions / congestive heart failure. ACE Inhibitors like Benazepril. Diuretics. Blood thinners. Coumadin too. which is sort of an animal-human-animal drug, since it’s another name for Warfarin / rat poison. The only difference is dosage.

rayra on December 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Several of those “free services” now being offered by Obamacare seem to be, to be honest, insurance for the results of slutty behavior.

Here we go, down to the lowest common denominator, as if we weren’t there already.

PattyJ on December 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

On the bright side, it won’t take as long to reach the 10% mark to claim medical exemptions as it used to when it was only 7.5% /s

AH_C on December 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

One woman was wandering around afterwards looking stunned, saying to three people in a row, “That’s half of my paycheck. That’s half of my paycheck. What am I going to do?”

If I would have been there I would have immediately asked her if she voted for Obama…my sympathy is reserved for Republican voters only these days.

lynncgb on December 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Bazil9 and Starlink, a friend of mine who is self employed was told by his insurance company that he will be paying the $2800 fine because his plan isn’t Obamacare compliant. And, in fact, no plan out there is compliant because the govt hasn’t determined what that is yet. Is this your understanding as well?

txhsmom on December 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

So-o-o…does this mean that our medical costs are not going to “go down 3000%” like lil barry said?
That’s disappointing. I had really counted on that.

/s/

Solaratov on December 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Elections have consequences, honey.

MelonCollie on December 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

txhsmom on December 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I can’t speak to this like those in the business can, but I can tell you from my own experience that there is such a thing as a “grandfathered” plan. If the plan was in existence before Obamacare was passed, it is exempt from certain healthcare reform requirements. I would think it’s the responsibility of the insurance carrier to make sure his plan is compliant with the new laws, and of course, they will adjust his premiums accordingly…but I would like to know from those in the know as well.

lynncgb on December 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM

lynncgb on December 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Apparently, from what he was told, the problem is the govt hasn’t decided what a compliant plan is, therefore every plan is not compliant. Companies can’t make their plans compliant until the govt finally decides what the heck a compliant plan is. My head is spinning. I have no idea if grandfathered plans are even allowed under Obamacare. I’d like to know too.

txhsmom on December 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I am in a grandfathered HMO plan with a regional carrier in my area. It is my understanding that the 2014 plans have to be compliant, not the 2013 plans. However, because of the strict limits on how much the premiums can go up each year, the insurance companies are getting a head start in cranking up the costs because of the mandatory pre-existing conditions coverage requirement.

So this is why there is so much sticker shock this year. That, and requiring that EACH policy cover silly things like women’s contraceptives when how many of us are women in child bearing age? Definitely not me.

I have a “small group plan” even though it is just me (self employed) right now. So I see the rates for employee + spouse and employee + spouse + kids. I pay $657 a month beginning this month. If I had an employee, married with kids, it would be close to $1900 a month. And the most I can cost shift to an employee is 50% of the premium. Right now, if I were to hire someone, the most I would need is clerical assistance, probably around $12 an hour (market rate here). How on earth is someone worth $2K a month in salary and then another $1900 in health insurance costs to me? And then there is the employer share of FICA, as well as employer UIA (unemployment insurance) for both the fed and state coffers.

So these costs almost dictate that any clerical person I would hire would work no more than 25 hours a week, and if I needed someone more than 5 hours a day, hire a second one for no more than 25 hours a week.

This whole Obamacare mess is insanity. My primary care physician (had my annual 3 weeks ago) believes that Americans are going to be out in the street with pitchforks by the summer of 2014 when they finally realize what they are (not) getting with Obamacare.

The only real option for us to survive until 2017 when we can get rid of him (if we survive as a country)is to get as healthy as possible. Fortunately, Shaklee, the nation’s oldest natural supplement company is launching a new weight management plan in January that is designed to get people back into their optimal weight and health. It is our only proactive defense we can individually take to prevent being subjected to unelected death panels who will be rationing care moving forward. If you are interested in taking back control of your health, too, you can contact me at yahoo dot com (screen name here is the email addy). I am on a mission to help protect as many people from Obamacare as possible.

karenhasfreedom on December 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

A FORMER co-worker of mine quit this year during open enrollment. She worked part time strictly for the not so hot insurance benefits that our company provides. The reason why she quit is because her family plan was going to cost her MORE than her bi-weekly paycheck would be.

LL

Lady Logician on December 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

txhsmom on December 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Okay, well I’m going by the notice a relative received from his insurance carrier (BC/BS) and he was informed (a couple of weeks ago) that he does have a grandfathered plan. (He has a private insurance plan too.) I would like to think that a major carrier knows what they’re talking about, but like you said, the laws aren’t all complete yet, so anything can happen. I have a private plan as well, and I’m certainly wondering what’s coming. I think we’re all going to go nuts when we get into it more. :-(

lynncgb on December 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Thanks everyone! Sounds like the bottom line is costs are skyrocketing for everyone. Our plan, with a $2500 deductible, didn’t change, but our cost went up 41% this year. I hate this govt.

txhsmom on December 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

No matter what happens with the fiscal cliff, Obamacare is going to hit the country like a shovel to the face.

Employees who have no idea what to expect in new taxes and increases in their rates is going to send consumer spending, something which holds up most of the US and world economies; off its own cliff.

Then, employers who haven’t taken the time to forecast what Obamacare will cost them, will start finding out in the first couple months of 2013 and will be rolling those costs downhill to their employees and their customers.

My financial advisor thinks 2013 will be “nasty”. I think it’s going to be that plus a lot of swear words by the time it’s December 2013.

Everyone who voted for obama and any democrat believing he had turned a corner is about to get the rudest awakening one can get and I will take no pleasure in it as I am on the same ride.

cougar on December 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I live near the largest hospital in the Lehigh Valley,PA; an area of 500,000+ people.
It took 4 months to get an appointment with a Neurologist.
Your choice…Russian, Italian, or Chinese.
They said they were 4 Neuros short….many older US trained just retired due to Obamacare.

dirtengineer on December 16, 2012 at 3:07 AM

These are real items on the company’s tip sheet.) Included on the list:

“When your Dr. prescribes a drug, ask if a cheaper alternative is available.”

“As you may know from your everyday shopping, it’s cheaper to buy in bulk…”

“Look into a discount card, either through a drugstore chain or national plan.”

Remember back in the early ’80′s when HMOs appeared on the scene?

Those were the TIPS and the very SAME TIPS that the public was told to try and “get up to speed” with the HMO-model of “healthcare”.

Nothing’s changed except the charges to the consumer by thousands of percent with reduced medical care and providers available in response to the ever-increased, ridiculously burgeoned costs to consumers.

Just what I said would likely be the outcome of “Obamacare” when I wrote about it years ago during speculative discussions about it. Exactly what I said would likely be the outcome/s.

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 5:31 AM

It took 4 months to get an appointment with a Neurologist.
Your choice…Russian, Italian, or Chinese.

dirtengineer on December 16, 2012 at 3:07 AM

AND THAT’S **also** what I speculated years ago would be the likely outcome of Obamacare if ever put into place.

You are fortunate that you GOT the appointment with a “neurologist,” despite him/her being foreign-educated. SOON the appointments will only be available for most with “medical assistants” and “nurses.”

I SAID THIS WOULD BE THE OUTCOME OF ‘OCARE’ years ago when I said it.

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 5:33 AM

cougar on December 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I agree (with and and with your advisor).

Those people who voted for Obama based upon their deluded expectations about “Obamacare” fall into two big categories:

1. wealthy Leftwingers who will always be able to purchase private medical care, very good and very private medical care; and,

2. people with pre-existing conditions who have been disqualified from “private insurance” and don’t want to declare poverty so they can gain coverage by Medicaid in their respective states, and/or who are impoverished and want more than Medicaid provides to them already.

The rest of our nation is now being dragged through Hades because of these general-two-types of voters, who were also the loudest advocates for Obama in the last two elections.

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 5:37 AM

watertown on December 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

When you live with domesticated animals that include horses, dogs, cattle, especially, you learn soon that most of the topical ointments for them work just as well as topical applications for us humans, too.

A mammal is a mammal is a mammal. Just have to be careful with those internal medications that are prescribed for domesticated animals in doses that humans should not take, but some if not many of the medications for “mammals” work on all “mammals”.

But the topical treatments for horses, dogs and cattle for skin cuts and such work fine on humans.

Growing up, there was always a jar of this ointment kept cold and preserved in the ‘fridge for emergency treatment of everyone, kids, adults, dogs, horses and cattle included, which was obtained from the vet.

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 5:51 AM

BTW, it’s not just the drugs that your vet will pay more for.
It’s not like they make separate X-ray machines for animals, either !
God help us all.

pambi on December 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

“Obamacare” is just a huuge tax scheme that includes sales pitches and a few crumbs to make it sell as “healthcare.” BUT it’s a tax scheme.

Which is established about it, also, by the Supreme Court decision (Roberts’ opinion).

It’s “OBAMATAX” **NOT** “Obamacare”. There’s no “care” there.

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 5:56 AM

When Obama said that Americans would “be able to keep the doctor you have,” what he meant was as a memory, a figment of your imagination, a fantasm, a tiny statue you keep among your diaries of yester-yore, a xeroxed copy of a face…

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 6:04 AM

I think “keep your doctor” promise by Owe meant that your doctor will quit, become unemployed and disabled therefore, you can “keep” him/her by subsidizing his/her living on food stamps, SSI, Medicare, etc.

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 5:33 AM
Like you, I also warned everyone what OweCare would mean. I lived through years as a military wife and therefore know that mass medical for all means 4 hour waits in the emergency room, refusal to prescribe expensive drugs (even if those are the only ones that will help you), hours and hours of waiting for visit with an appointment that took you months to get, foreign trained doctors with little command of the English language, better have a list of questions because you only get 3 minutes with a medical professional, small care factor since you are a captive audience, etc.

Have fun America.

katablog.com on December 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hey, Lourdes, great descriptive “Obamatax”! You’re right; Obama & his crones care only for themselves, power, greed, golf & vacations. Oh, forgot one, draining the treasury.

Hey, how about the 40% Cadillac Tax coming in ’14. My only hope is that it hits enough liberals to make them realize what they voted for. Of course, since the taxpayer unions are exempt, it won’t hit the Dems as much as the rest of us.

Belle on December 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Geezz, I hate those pigs. When will the day come that

I (we) can wake up without thinking “What did they do
to us today”

Texyank on December 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM

katablog.com on December 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hey, Lourdes, great descriptive “Obamatax”!

Hey, how about the 40% Cadillac Tax coming in ’14.

Belle on December 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Thanks…but what are we as a nation ever going to do about Obamatax? It’s no more “healthcare” than an empty cup is a drink of water.

It’s a tax. A tax. Obamatax, ObamaTax. Nothing about “care” in it.

More like torture, indentured servitude, eradication of the Constitutional rights. ObamaTax.

But he’s thrown in a few ‘instructions’ and some ‘advice’ about something “health” related so, well…look the other way.

Lourdes on December 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Lourdes, I wish I had an answer.
50% receiving Obama taxpayer funded handouts. 50%, a strong voting block for liberalism. Expansion of the democratic votes via amnesty & open borders.
Destruction in the republican party, who block conservatives every which way. (eg. the redistricting of Allen West, the removal of 4 conservatives (Huelskamp (KS), Amash,(MI) Jones (NC) & Schweikert (AZ) from key House committees.
Whilst the middle class will feel the brunt of progressivism & their destructive agendas. & we’ll have no one representing a conservative movement (Jim DeMint even jumped ship).
I am grateful to have lived most of my life in a free America.
The future is uncertain.

Belle on December 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Wait! I thought Obamacare was going to make it so everyone can have healthcare. It looks the only ones who will be able to “afford it”(as in free) are the welfare cheats and the illegal immigrants.

Today I was behind a stupid person with an Obama/Biden sticker on their car. And they also had a bumper sticker that said, “The good of the many outweigh the GREED of the few.”
What an idiot.
Little does that person realize that with this administration there won’t be any “good” for the many, nor for the few. Unless you are part of that specific few in power.

Thanks a lot, stupid voters. You voted for this socialism, where the only “rich” people whom you “despise so much”, will be your despot rulers.

Sterling Holobyte on December 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM