Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on December 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

On Thursday I asked that President Obama no longer consider me for the job of secretary of state. I made this decision because it is the right step for this country I love. I have never shied away from a fight for a cause I believe in. But, as it became clear that my potential nomination would spark an enduring partisan battle, I concluded that it would be wrong to allow this debate to continue distracting from urgent national priorities — creating jobs, growing our economy, addressing our deficit, reforming our immigration system and protecting our national security…

When discussing Benghazi, I relied on fully cleared, unclassified points provided by the intelligence community, which encapsulated their best current assessment. These unclassified points were consistent with the classified assessments I received as a senior policymaker. It would have been irresponsible for me to substitute any personal judgment for our government’s and wrong to reveal classified material. I made clear in each interview that the information I was providing was preliminary and that ongoing investigations would give us definitive answers. I have tremendous appreciation for our intelligence professionals, who work hard to provide their best assessments based on the information available. Long experience shows that our first accounts of terrorist attacks and other tragedies often evolve over time. The intelligence community did its job in good faith. And so did I.

I have never sought in any way, shape or form to mislead the American people.

***

It was a classic Washington exit: stealthy and swift, with few fingerprints. President Obama didn’t want to be seen as backing down. So Susan Rice — one of his most devoted aides since 2007 — gave him the way out, seemingly all on her own…

The underlying reality is this: The president is almost certainly furious about this turn of events — which represents the first major defeat he’s suffered since his reelection — but he’s a savvy enough politician to know how to back off without seeming to back down.

***

It worked through attrition. After Sen. Susan Collins asked for a meeting with Rice, Democrats expected the ambassador to smooth things over. Collins exited the meeting, found a cluster of microphones, and said that she couldn’t “currently support” Rice, even though — gosh darn it — she really did like her when she was nominated to the U.N. post. That worried Democrats, and made them think that a Rice nomination would be become a distracting, political capital-sucking mess. A White House source asked me to consider a six-week circus in January and February — when there might already be a circus tent being pitched under the debt ceiling.

At a Univision forum during the campaign, President Obama got challenged on his failure to move a “comprehensive” immigration bill during the first year of his first term. He said a lesson of his term had been that “you can’t change Washington from the inside.” What he meant (he’d said it before) was that aggressive public campaigns needed to complement whatever the party in power wanted to do, because without that, it would fade or be pilloried and dismissed.

There was no aggressive public campaign to save Rice.

***

Though the discussion appears to be moot now that Susan Rice has apparently withdrawn her name from consideration to be secretary of state, I agree with Max that the criticism of Rice’s undiplomatic style would seem to be complements when coming from conservatives. But I fear an important point is being lost: this criticism was not coming from the right, by and large. The attacks on Rice’s disposition have been driven by the left. Indeed, what is remarkable about the controversy over Rice is how thoroughly the left took command of it–and greatly expanded the effort to prevent her nomination.

As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, Republicans on the Hill had basically limited their critique of Rice to her misleading statements following the Benghazi attack. Liberals, on the other hand, made it personal. Dana Milbank suggested Rice had an attitude problem. Maureen Dowd said Rice was too ambitious and unprincipled for her own good–or the country’s. Yesterday at the Daily Beast, Lloyd Grove launched a bizarre attack on Rice that accused her of having a personality disorder. The left has also been driving the less personal attacks as well. Howard French said Rice’s Africa legacy is the further empowerment of dictators. Human Rights Watch’s Tom Malinowski knocked Rice for essentially enabling atrocities in Congo.

Meanwhile, it should not go unnoticed that Hillary Clinton made her opposition to Rice clear to officials in Washington, which may explain the avalanche of leaks and criticism and personal sniping that came from the left as soon as the battle commenced.

***

[W]hy did Obama blink? The reason can only be fear. Next week, Hillary Clinton is supposed to testify before Congress about Libya. There are some indications Clinton may now back out, or resort to insisting on a closed session hidden from the public. Whatever the result, President Obama clearly does not want to give Congress any more high-profile chances to ask someone under oath what happened in the hours and days after Stevens was killed. Rice was at ground zero of the real scandal: not in Benghazi, where the attack occurred; but in Washington, where the cover-up was planned and executed.

Furthermore, Obama probably thought that sacrificing Rice, who still keeps her job as UN ambassador, would assuage some congressional critics and distract from a pending report on what happened in Benghazi. Most importantly, it eliminates the troubling possibility of a Rice confirmation hearing. That likely still would have led to a confirmation victory for Obama—but a pyrrhic one given the ability of most Americans to sniff out a liar.

***

This was certainly a political confrontation, and Obama backed down. But that doesn’t mean, necessarily, that he lost or that McCain won—at least not on any issue beyond whether Susan Rice will be nominated as secretary of state, something Obama hadn’t yet done in any event. It doesn’t necessarily tilt the outcome of any conflict to come.

Rice’s withdrawal might even work to Obama’s favor, in the end, if he goes ahead and nominates his presumed second-favorite candidate for the job—Sen. John Kerry. I’ve written (and I’m far from alone in this view) that Kerry was always the better choice. As longtime chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, he has a thorough grasp of all the issues on the agenda; he served as Obama’s de facto envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, cleaning up some of that region’s messier political disputes; he navigated Obama’s New START nuclear arms-reduction treaty to ratification by a resistant Senate; and, not least, he is largely responsible for Obama’s political rise, picking him to be keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic convention when he was a mere Illinois state senator. Clearly Kerry wants this job; surely he deserves it.

***

***

U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice said Thursday that she did not regret her Sunday talk show appearances in the immediate aftermath of the Benghazi terrorist attack, while acknowledging that the surrounding controversy forced her to withdraw from consideration for appointment as secretary of State.

“I don’t regret doing it,” Rice said during an interview with NBC News. “When you’re a diplomat and a public official and a tragedy happens and it related to the work we do, it’s our obligation to explain it as best we can to the American people.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Click the image to watch.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Joan Jett

I did apparently raise the devil though…

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

O, yeah — that happens. Sorry. I’ve got another button . . . gimme a minute.

Axe on December 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Have we all remembered to welcome out new Marxist Overlords yet today?

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM

yeah..

r keller on December 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Una Notte a Napoli – Pink Martini

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 12:49 AM

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM

That probably a very apt description. She is probably just very athletic.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 12:49 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

We have been selling..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I can’t believe their trailing like that, either. However, with FB and Twitter, people can reach a lot of people to get them to vote these days.

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Have we all remembered to welcome out new Marxist Overlords yet today?

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Sorry, just hovered over the link, can’t do it.

That person makes my skin crawl…

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM

You crack me up!

My Mom would have said that she looks like she’s pushing a plow.

My Mom did, so she would know…

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM

You sure she looks like she’s pushing a plow, and not a giant cockroach wearing a Edgar Susan Rice Suit?

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Little Wing – SRV

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

O/T Did everyone vote for my Basenji Rescue and Transport, Garland, TX? Once on each browser!!!

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Just added my vote to your total, Cindy. Good luck!

wren on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Sorry, just hovered over the link, can’t do it.

That person makes my skin crawl…

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Erick Holder? Or my Blog?

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Now

Schadenfreude on December 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Schadenfreude on December 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Wow! Two meteor showers concurrently. How cool is that? Everyone… wish upon a falling star! :)

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I’m going out to look at the stars.

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude on December 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bah Humbug, it’s cloudy and rainy here tonight…

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

That has to be one of the funniest things I read today!

And I’m not sure I can answer it…

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’m going out to look at the stars.

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

That’s somehow perfect. :)

Night Jack. But wear a helmet.

Axe on December 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Voted for you..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I have to prematurely poof.

Actually not sure when I’ll be back . . .

No worries.

Was a blast tonight. :)

Um.

Can reach me through the nick. You’ll have to go through the map to contact. Anyway, click, bookmark.

Um.

K.

*poof*

Axe on December 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM

*poof*

Axe on December 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM

You poofer you… ;p

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:09 AM

RICK SANTELLI: You know, this country is a republic. And I’ll tell you, there’s a lot of various forms of government, but this really is important. A republic and a democracy are pretty much identical, pretty much on every level. Except for one. And this is where I think the fiscal cliff and Simon referring that, you know, president holds all the cards. I don’t know that that flies. The difference is, in a republic, the sovereignty rests with every individual person. With a democracy, it rests with a group. And this is a big distinction. Because we elect leaders to represent us. So when they go to Washington, they are there for a reason. The president doesn’t hold all the cards. The cards are evenly split up! Now, we had Senator Mark Warner on the other morning. (Clip of Sen. Warner wanting to give POTUS the power to raise U.S. debt ceiling)

Oh, my goodness! What does he think, it’s a monarchy, a dictatorship? You know, various forms of government are very inefficient.These are very inefficient. We are a republic, very inefficient. If you want a really efficient form of government, you have a king or a dictator. And in the end, you hope it’s a benevolent one. But then you could get things done. There’s no lurching, there’s no bumps. That’s the cornerstone of checks and balances.

Schadenfreude on December 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I know and I don’t use either. I was relying on HotAir and a few friends. I guess that’s not fair in today’s social media.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM

wren on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Thank you!!!

thatsafactjack on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

My favorite rendition.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Axe on December 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Goodnight Axe!

Not sure what the hell else you were talking about. But if I can figure it out, you’re on!

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Thank you! How have you been.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Erick Holder? Or my Blog?

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Mmmmnnnn…?

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Great to see you..Everything is “Blue Sky” for me..:)

PS..How are you and your family??..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM

This was all a distraction…

… Who gave the “stand down” order and why?

“I have never sought in any way, shape or form to mislead the American people.”

Bullsh%t…!

Seven Percent Solution on December 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Of course it was. Let’s talk some more about Anna Wintour.

Technically, though, her statement is probably correct. She didn’t go *look* for the lies; she was given them, and never considered questioning it like the good little minion she was/is.

Take away the word “sought” and we have a different ballgame.

kim roy on December 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Erick Holder? Or my Blog?

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Mmmmnnnn…?

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM

That link was to an article I wrote on MY blog.

You said,

Sorry, just hovered over the link, can’t do it.

That person makes my skin crawl…

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Just asking if it was Erick Holder, or my blog that made your skin crawl.

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Great to see you..Everything is “Blue Sky” for me..:)

PS..How are you and your family??..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Mr Blue Sky…

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Just asking if it was Erick Holder, or my blog that made your skin crawl.

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It was apparently a lame attempt at humor.

Holder makes my skin crawl, but don’t tell anyone, then they’ll know I’m a racist…

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:28 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

One of their best..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

One of their best..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Indeed, good thing somebody was able to find their checkbook when it came time to record that… ;p

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It was apparently a lame attempt at humor.

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Meh… If you didn’t vote for the Obamanation… twice, then you obviously are a racist… o_O

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Everyone is good. Heading to VA for Christmas soon. I hope The Husband decides when soon, I need to either shop here or there. I don’t seem to be in the spirit this year.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I know what you mean about the spirit..It is a tough sell this year..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM

LoLz..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I know what you mean about the spirit..It is a tough sell this year..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Yup, kind of like being invited to a fire sale by the Union Goons who just burned your business to the ground.

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Good night all, happy Friday!

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM

It’s really too bad, I like Christmas and I enjoy giving gifts that I think people will like. So far, led candle sets and a custom made pill box is it.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM

“See” you tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Live: My Baby’s a Midget

Studio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvwMOw6lPU

Anti-Control on December 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Do you live in DC?

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Good analogy..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Good night all, it is with these words of wisdom I shall bid you all adieu for the night.

Just remember, society will always need those few and rare individuals, those dumb enough to give voice to the uncomfortable thoughts we all harbor, but are to smart to speak.

We will always need someone to sacrifice, to wipe away our feelings of fear and remorse for those times when we stood by and did nothing while evil advanced.

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Lyrics:

My baby’s a midget but that’s allright with me
cuz he’s a real first rate lover and he’s only 3 foot 3
he’s got a real wicked tongue and he’s just the perfect height
so all I do is stand there and he makes me feel allright.
He’s so short, he’s so fine and all 3 foot 3 of him is my my my my my mmm mine.

We’ll he’s workin’ in the circus and he’s making lots of bread
and he’s savin’ all his money so some day we can be wed.
You know my parents disapprove of us bein’ with each other
but I knew in my heart that I could never love another.
He’s so short, he’s so fine
and all 3 foot 3 of him is my my my my my mmm mine.

People stare and laugh at us everywhere we go
we think they’re real sh!theads and we like to tell them so.
Well you know my baby’s a short, runty, sawed off little nipper
but you know my baby’s got a tongue like a f*ckin’ pinball flipper.
He’s so short, yea, he’s so fine and all 3 foot 3 of him is my my my my my my my mmm mine.

Anti-Control on December 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM

ccrosby on December 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

No, I live in Florida.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Totally understand..:)

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Dire Straits on December 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

SWalker on December 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM

We need to send somebody over to pay Dire a visit to talk about the financing, real friendly like. If that don’t get him to losen the purse stings then we gotta send over Carmine “The Killer ” Valachi

SparkPlug on December 14, 2012 at 1:59 AM

The puppies are so excited, they just got to chase two deer. Now they both want to be held. Time to go to bed.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I bet they feel proud of the chase.

SparkPlug on December 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Uhm. Those weren’t reindeer were they? Whose going to pull the sleigh?

SparkPlug on December 14, 2012 at 2:03 AM

SparkPlug on December 14, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Could be, down here for a little R & R before the big night.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 2:04 AM

SparkPlug on December 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Yep, they came back as the conquering heroes.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I have to go so I can sleep through Red Eye. Sweet dreams everyone.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM

That — was freaky.

Axe on December 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

These are funny, too

Exorcism

LSD (Made a Wreck of Me)

Anti-Control on December 14, 2012 at 2:17 AM

epic fail

how many times we will hear its the evil racist, sexist gop’s fault she dropped out of contention?

another falls on their sword for their dear leader…

teflon president? Hillary may not testify? WTF? excuse my french so early in the morning….didn’t she say the buck stopped with her (even though it should be obama) so she needs to MAN UP and head to the hill

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 5:42 AM

i’m sure tingles was in a tizzy last night as was the rest of the msdnc crew with mike and joe to follow this am…pure outrage to be sure…

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 5:46 AM

‘i didn’t mislead, i didn’t lie’
-rice

are you bloody kidding me? 5 days post attack, what a crock

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 5:55 AM

switched on to msdnc, they didn’t disappoint, spot on outrage

‘witch hunt’
‘disgusting’
‘hillary dodged a bullet’
‘obama was denied his top pick’

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:07 AM

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Good morning! I hope if we can’t stop Obama we can at least put a wrench in his works every chance we get. Frustrate the little bugger as much as possible. Maybe he’ll go nuts like his union goons and show his true self to the public. Well, until he starts putting us all in detention camps like Belefonte wants him to. It might be nice there, no liberals to put up with except for the guards- LOL.

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:11 AM

‘obama was denied his top pick’

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:07 AM

If she was his top pick, why did he destroy her credibility by sending her out to lie for him?

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Didn’t four people die?

IlikedAUH2O on December 14, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:11 AM

morning!

save me a cot :)

——————————-
msdnc-the ONLY reason she is dropped out was because of the botched sunday talk shows NEVERMIND the reservations from the left about other issues she had

andrea first to come out with ‘because she is a woman of color’ meme

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:13 AM

because hillary wouldn’t fall on her sword for him and rice was a nice lapdog eager to please her leader…

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Didn’t four people die?

IlikedAUH2O on December 14, 2012 at 6:14 AM

THEY were a bump in the road. This is tragic. /sarc

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:18 AM

andrea first to come out with ‘because she is a woman of color’ meme

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Yeah, because we never had black people in that position before, and certainly not a black woman. Oh, wait!

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:18 AM

exactamundo…this will get swept under the rug if hillary does not testify…

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:20 AM

exactly,

powell and rice, pfft!
-lsm

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:22 AM

so i guess the sunday shows will be about fiscal cliff and susan rice…let the gop bashing continue

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM

In other news, I have completed my Christmas Cookie baking.

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Divisive Racial Leadership and Justice for Victims

Just four days short of two score and nine years before the Benghazi deaths, four souls were sent to heaven in a terrorist act in Alabama.

It was the “16th Street Baptist Church Bombing” and it is surprising how few Americans know the details although many know that the lives of four precious girls were taken sometime during the civil rights struggle.

The politics of the day overshadowed the decency of leadership. No local officials attended the funeral.

The state investigation eventually resulted in a $100 fine and a very short jail term on a man who was placed by a witness putting dynamite in the church.

Governor George Wallace and the state attorney were felt to be responsible for the light punishment.

Six years later, in 1971, FBI files were found to be sufficient to send the killer to jail for life, where he died in the 1980′s. A question as to what the Democrat controlled Justice Department was doing in the years after the crime remains unanswered.

IlikedAUH2O on December 14, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM

lucky duck!
will be baking this weekend….

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:28 AM

That model was pretty good. I pumped up those tatas for you.

But my B9 is the cats pajamas

SparkPlug on December 14, 2012 at 12:28 AM

*meow* LOL
The B9 model didn’t
need any pumping up. ;)
Wise choice.

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM

lucky duck!
will be baking this weekend….

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Morning cms..been a while.
I love to cook..just not bake.
Thank God I got my Momma. :)

What goodies are you baking?

And Merry Christmas to you, if I don’t see you
before then.

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM

lucky duck!
will be baking this weekend….

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:28 AM

LOL! I will be putting up the tree this weekend.

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Here is some research I did on Dr. Rice. I ain’t pretty. My take.

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Merry Christmas B9!!

snickerdoodles, peanut butter, and chocolate chip…

You cook dinner and I’ll bring the cookies :)

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM

:) first year we actually trimmed the tree 1st of the month

—————–
ugh, turning off msdnc now, stephanie cutter coming up…blech

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I meant to say, “It ain’t pretty.” But, then again, perhaps I got it right the first time. LOL.

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 6:44 AM

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 6:44 AM

get out KJ…pretty inside and out :)

nice take

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM

msinaz on December 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 6:50 AM

exactamundo…this will get swept under the rug if hillary does not testify…

It’s already under the full filthy rug. As is
Brian Terry’s murder,100′s of Mexicans-the list goes on and on.

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Here is some research I did on Dr. Rice. I ain’t pretty. My take.

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM

It’s pretty-pretty sickening.
Ahhh..the NSA.
Yes, I feel so safe,secure & warm inside.

She is a black woman after all, the only creds she needs.

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 6:54 AM

good point

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Merry Christmas B9!!

snickerdoodles, peanut butter, and chocolate chip…

You cook dinner and I’ll bring the cookies :)

Snickerdoodles! lol-the name always has cracked me up.
Havent had one in ages..
your on! :)

TC.

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM

bazil9 on December 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Yep. Just what we need. A Muslim Sympathizer as the NSA. Should work well with the sympathizer-in-chief.

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 7:18 AM

So happy about this. Just when a few Republicans come to realize that maybe they should pretend to like women and minorities, you force a qualified black woman out of the running for Secretary of State for no other reason than to score cheap political points. I’m pleased and astounded by how stupid you are.

urban elitist on December 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM

urban elitist on December 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Forced? She’s the one who lied her arse off. Id’jit.

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 7:25 AM

urban elitist on December 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM

LOL! We are women and minorities, except we don’t get counted by you because we’re not liberals. What makes you think she’s qualified? BECAUSE she’s black and a woman? Maybe you should look to the left for who has the biggest problems with her. Are they trying to score cheap political points? I can’t disagree about us being stupid. If we weren’t, we would have figured out a way to get rid of the hideous little dictator in the WH.

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

urban elitist on December 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Forced? She’s the one who lied her arse off. Id’jit.

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Sorry, dude. She went on TV and repeated the talking points, as have hundreds of mid-level appointees since television began.

Lacking the balls to call out Obama, but sensing that they could politicize a death and use it to bolster their pathetic candidate’s electoral prospect, the Republicans went after a bit player.

I’m not saying that the attacks on Rice were motivated by racism and sexism. I’m just saying that next time Republicans pretend to support powerful women and minorities in high places, people are going to remember this.

You shot yourselves in the foot.

Welcome to permanent (electoral) minority status.

urban elitist on December 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Good article! I read somewhere that Rice reports directly to Obama now. He changed the position to a cabinet appointment, or something like that. I have no evidence to back this up, I just read it somewhere.

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 7:33 AM

urban elitist on December 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM

First off I don’t pretend to like anyone, no matter their persuasion, either they are worth their salt or they ain’t! Second I would say I am pleased and astounded at how stupid you are at wanting to have a woman who went out an lied knowing she was lying, but really that would be giving you just a little too much credit for being that naive.

MarshFox on December 14, 2012 at 7:35 AM

UE

Ever heard of condi rice

If im not mistaken,
W had more minorities in his administration than dear leader

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Go easy on town simp.

Now reduced itself to the “just following orders” Nuremberg tripe for Rice.

The former mayor of Birmingham, Larry Langford tried a race card just before they clicked on the cuffs and led his guilty posterior straight to the Big House.

viking01 on December 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Night Owl on December 14, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Thank you.

Urban elitist,

She lied. Period. Obama, too. Smack dab in front of the UN General Assembly. You can’t defend that. No matter how hard you try.

kingsjester on December 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM

You shot yourselves in the foot.

Welcome to permanent (electoral) minority status.

urban elitist on December 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Splendid idea to allow lies to be served to the American public and them promote the liar so that you can pander to a minority or sexual demographic in elections.

Above all else, don’t investigate the murders of four people.

George Wallace and a whole collection of 1960′s racists and killers would agree completely with the Dems and the media on this Benghazi case.

See the “16th Street Baptist Church” murders on where your forebears allowed bombs to go off for months and the lives of four girls to be taken so as to pander to the important white segregationist voting bloc.

Pander to important voting bloc.

That is Rule 4 or 6 in the present Democrat book?

IlikedAUH2O on December 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM

You’re right n.o.
He made it a cabinet position

cmsinaz on December 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Balls?

I agree.

However, isn’t President Obama the one hiding behind a skirt instead of visiting new shows himself?

Or isn’t four dead Americans important enough?

Of course, the only characters more pathetic are white males and service folks in this country who have four of their own dead with barely a ripple.

And a CIC who flew to Vegas the next day.

IlikedAUH2O on December 14, 2012 at 7:44 AM