Hot topic on ESPN today: Is RG III a cornball brother who votes Republican?

posted at 8:01 pm on December 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Unwatchable sports chat show more unwatchable than usual.”

Guy beat me to the punch but I want to write about it. You know what’s interesting about this clip? This guy’s going to catch hell for what he said, not because his test of racial authenticity is so cartoonish and clammy (which it is) but because he picked the wrong guy to demagogue. If you want to call a minority conservative an Uncle Tom, make sure it’s someone for whom the left has no use, like Clarence Thomas or Allen West. The right will be angry if you do, but no worries — most Americans will never hear about it, or if they do, the usual outrage over racial stereotyping will be absent from the press coverage. Instead this dummy picked on the savior of Washington football, the most exciting thing to happen to ‘Skins fans, left and right, in decades. There are few ways that a “cornball brother” can earn absolution from the Authenticity P.D. but winning the Super Bowl is one. And the irony is, I’m not even sure that RGIII actually is a Republican. I’ve seen that rumor floated but never any quote from the man himself; if I’m wrong, send me the link and I’ll update. We’ll know soon, though: Now that Parker’s raised the specter of racial impurity, the pressure will be on Griffin to admit that, yes indeed, he’s one of the enlightened who voted Democratic last month.

As for Stephen A. Smith’s discomfort at the end, that’s not surprising. He’s had run-ins with the Authenticity P.D. too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ha ha, that’s just like the black people talk, good one!

bayam on October 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM

rogerb on December 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

What is “the cause”?

d1carter on December 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM

ESPN is a great example of why 24 hours of anything on TV is a bad idea.

joejm65 on December 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

What is “the cause”?

d1carter on December 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM

“The cause” is being in good standing with the black communitaaaaay. Otherwise known as being an obedient Democrat automaton.

The Count on December 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

What is “the cause”?

d1carter on December 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Remaining enslaved to marxism.

tom daschle concerned on December 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

He’s there to play football. He’s not there to talk politics or be down the cause. STFU and go away, but yes Allah’s alternate headline would definitely apply too.

gsherin on December 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Why do race-baiting haters like Rob Parker still have jobs?

steebo77 on December 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

‘No True Scotsman would….’

Robert_Paulson on December 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

The cause being slaves to the Democratic party..the cause is staying on the cotton mill , picking the cotton…this guy is just another race baiter just like the Reverennnnnddd Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

sadsushi on December 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM

oh what the hell, the clip cut off Stephen A. Smith? He probably tore that guy a new one.

Daemonocracy on December 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I don’t know — with no real knowledge on the subject, I’m suspicious that people are being mislead by the “III”.

Count to 10 on December 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM

No clue what Griffin believes, but nothing scares liberals like blacks deviating from dictated orthodoxy. Good looking conservative women with actual accomplishments frighten them too.

SAMinVA on December 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Well, RG3 was born and raised in Texas, had good grades and is quite smart, speaks without patois, handles himself in press conferences like he was born to it, was elected captain of the team by his peers (maybe the first time a rookie was ever so named), and has the football acumen of men far his elders. Yep, an Uncle Tom for sure.

TXUS on December 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Notes:

“He’s kinda black, but he’s not really, like, the guy you wanna hang out with, cause he’s off doing something else.”

(Evidence given: 1. White fiance, 2. Republican)

“. . . just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue, because we did find out with Tiger Woods — Tiger Woods was like ‘I don’t want to — don’t — I got black skin but don’t call me black.’”

– “What do RG III’s braids say to you?”

“Now that’s different, because to me, that’s very Urban, and makes you feel like — I think you would have a clean cut — if he was more straight lace or not — like — wearing braids is — you’re a brother. You’re a brother.”

And that’s basically all there is to know. Start at 1:22 for the first sane remark. :)

Axe on December 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Important.

Only in the sense of how blacks who ain’t socialists bought and paid for by the democrat machine are discriminated against.

cozmo on December 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM

This is what happens when a group of people identify themselves by their skin color, rather the individual identifying themselves by what makes then unique.

HarryBackside on December 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Rob Parker’s IQ is lower than RG III’s jersey number (10).

Parker and Drew Sharp are the Detroit newspapers’ affirmative action hires.

bw222 on December 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

TXUS on December 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Oh, forgot to add that he’s … A God-fearing Christian, too.

TXUS on December 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Shouldn’t RG III be the sort of football player or athlete in general that gets celebrated? Seems like someone with his head screwed on straight.

Illinidiva on December 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

TXUS on December 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

RG3′s Mom and Dad both retired from the US Army. He was born in Japan, grew up as an Army brat, and lived on bases all around the world. He was lucky enough that he was able to grow up away from all of the race baiters, and the “African-American community”.

HarryBackside on December 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

HarryBackside on December 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Well that tears it.

dante will be right along to tell us how he ain’t natural born, or even native born.

cozmo on December 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Sounds like somebody else we know.

SAMinVA on December 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

- MLK

The Cause

McNinja on December 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Yes indeed RGIII is a republican, I know because it was confirmed once when he was at Baylor. And his parents are Republicans, I think that is where the rumor started as both are also in the military. I know I heard it prior too.

As for Parker’s comments, this is not the first time this clown Parker has made comments like this. He was fired from his job covering the Lions for a similar incident.

And the guy is insulting his followers on twitter, calling anyone who challenges him “uneducated”

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM

This guy should be fired. ESPN radio just recently suspended two hosts for mocking a 6’8″ 50 year old former male basketball player who now is playing for a girls team.

So what will ESPN do to this racist. Can you imagine what would happen a a white host said Tom Brady is not one of us because he’s dating a black girl and is a democrat. That person would be canned in a nanosecond.

If your politically correct you can get away with murder, providing you murder the right way!

Danielvito on December 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Why do race-baiting haters like Rob Parker still have jobs?

steebo77 on December 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Because he and his ilk are non-caucasian racists which is acceptable.

Rio Linda Refugee on December 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

RGIII should be a role model for all youth – black, white, pink, purple, etc.

Very well spoken young man with a great head on his shoulders.

gophergirl on December 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

The Cause

McNinja on December 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Is that The Cause that Rob Parker is referring to..?

d1carter on December 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM

RG3 is a class act….

worth reposting

From Breitbart:

All of this was in response to RGIII’s comments that “For me, you don’t ever want to be defined by the color of your skin. You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person that you are, your character, your personality. That’s what I’ve tried to go out and do. I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I don’t have to be defined by that.”

He continued, “”I am aware how much race is relevant to [black Redskins fans]. I don’t ignore it. I try not to be defined by it. But I understand different perspectives and how people view different things. I understand that they’re excited that their quarterback is an African-American. I play with a lot of pride, a lot of character, a lot of heart. I understand that. I appreciate them for being fans and not just fans because they’re African-Americans.”

CW on December 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Racism is alive and strong in the United States.

NotCoach on December 13, 2012 at 8:41 PM

So is Parker implying that because RG3 is well spoken and dates white women he isn’t black??? How does that even make sense????

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I mentioned in the article about conservatives buying up women’s magazines that they should look to black media outlets too. This is exactly what I’m talking about: blacks have been conditioned since childhood in most cases that to vote Republican is to vote against your heritage – an astoundingly stupid yet effective idea that has been ingrained into the thinking of blacks, Jews, and increasingly Hispanics – also gender, in the case of women.

Ace has been writing a lot about this. We concentrate on making political arguments to combat the culture war which shapes the politics, which is like playing wack-a-mole across an ever expanding field. The left has taken over nearly all the institutions that shape the political discourse. We will keep losing elections until we start to take them back from the inside.

The Count on December 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Stray from the plantation………get whipped publicly by the house slaves loyal to the master?

150 years later, same song different singer, same slave mentality, different master (the Liberal left).

Sad…..will the black community EVER BE FREE???

PappyD61 on December 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

What is “the cause”?

d1carter on December 13, 2012

Keeping everyone on the Plantation

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012

Yes, he is. Because for some reason, being black means you have to be a good little Democrat.

Now, if someone implied not being black means you have to be a good little Republican, all hell would break loose.

BD57 on December 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Lots of strange things make sense in the mind of a racist.

NotCoach on December 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The Count on December 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I am biracial, my mom is black from Trinidad and Tobago and my dad from Cuba. And I can tell you these attitudes are ingrained very deeply in American non-immigrant blacks.

Among the Trini community in FL there are pockets of Republican leaning voters, and Jennifer Carroll (the Trini born Lt. Gov of FL) is very popular. The Republican party has never really made any effort to reach them, so a lot of them get a lot of their ideas from the media. So to truly reach them is to cut off the media and talk directly to them, and Breibart was right. And it’s unfortunate that a rich conservative hasn’t bought some popular women’s magazine or black magazine or Spanish speaking channel etc.

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

BD57 on December 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I know the feeling as I am biracial (black/hispanic), it is disgusting how the LEFT thinks they OWN our votes. They sicken me.

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Martin Luther King would strongly admire this individualist guy. ESPN – not so much.

VorDaj on December 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Unfortunately, you are in the minority in that regard.

VorDaj on December 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

On the one hand, I agree with you re: outreach. On the other, it’s hard to reach them when the media hyenas call you a racist at every turn and are only seeking your votes to exploit you. Romney went to a couple of all-black schools and gave a great speech at the NAACP and was ridiculed for it.

Still, I know it needs to be more than one person. If you have some ideas of how to break through, there’s a very lucrative career waiting for you as a GOP consultant.

I think the media-buying angle is probably the best idea yet, but it takes time – something we don’t have a whole lot of at the rate the country is deteriorating.

The Count on December 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

BD57 on December 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Just like back in Germany in the thirties to mid forties being German meant you had to be a good little Nazi.

VorDaj on December 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Just imagine the confusion if it comes out RGIII is a handgun owner. “OMG! Is he ‘so gangsta’ or is he a -OMG!- a ‘Rethuglican’? OMG! OMG!”

Heads explode. Sweet.

M240H on December 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Parker is the reason I cancelled a newspaper subscription. The guy is a bonafide idiot.

booter on December 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Unfortunately, you are in the minority in that regard.

VorDaj on December 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Ironically enough, among my family we are all conservatives. The immigrant communities tend to all lean rightward, this is true among the Trini community in FL as well.

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Jimmy The Greek, please turn over once in your grave.

SouthernGent on December 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM

HarryBackside on December 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Didn’t know that, thought he was born in Texas. Anyway, he’s a Texan through and through; Texas is more than a place, it’s a state of mind.
But, you’re right, he grew up uninfluenced by the race pimps, and it shows in his quite mature stance on race. He’s obviously thought it through, without all that fog, and a better man for it.

TXUS on December 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I don’t envy you. I imagine it takes a tremendous amount of courage to go against what is considered the norm simply because you happen to be black. As a white man I’ll always be a racist in the eyes of people like Parker. People who can’t seem to look past race, and everything they believe or do is tinged by race. But as a white man with white family and friends we choose to simply ignore the issue of race for the most part (there are plenty of white racists, but they don’t dominate the culture like black racists do), and to judge people based on character above all else. But black conservatives don’t seem to have that same level of personal comfort. They must also constantly fight other blacks who have deemed them traitors to their race.

I like RG III because he chooses to put character above all else (and he’s a damn good quarterback). But that is the same reason I like Tim Tebow. Yet in the mind of people like Parker Tebow and RG III can never be the same, and I find that disgusting. But you and RG III and several others, and the strength you all show, still gives me hope.

NotCoach on December 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

The Count on December 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Reach out to immigrant black and hispanic communities is what the GOP needs to focus on. Immigrant blacks lean more rightward, speaking from experience growing up for a while in a Trini community in FL. This should be the focus among the GOP, reaching out to these communities.

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

And, what they do to people of color, and they do it so insidiously, makes the racists of yore look like pikers.

TXUS on December 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

HarryBackside on December 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

He’s going to get a fast education on what that means.

kim roy on December 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Wait a minute – Stephen A. Smith is the “sane” one here? The Mayans were right!

Steve Eggleston on December 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Race hustler. MSNBC probably offered him a timeslot.

Philly on December 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Thinking about this now, Parker should be fired for this..If they keep the same standard they had with Rush…buuuutt that’s not likely to happen..lets face it

sadsushi on December 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Wait a minute – Stephen A. Smith is the “sane” one here? The Mayans were right!

Steve Eggleston on December 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Stephen A. Smith is a big Levin fan, lol.

Raquel Pinkbullet on December 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Good looking conservative women with actual accomplishments frighten them too.

SAMinVA on December 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

“Specially good looking black conservative women: http://www.bet.com/news/features/vote-2012/news/politics/photos/2012/08/mia-love-a-rising-star-in-the-gop/_jcr_content/leftcol/flipbook/flipbookimage.flipfeature.dimg/082812-politics-mia-love-utah-mayor-running-for-congress-republican.jpg

davidk on December 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Bigotry, like racial tolerance, is a learned behavior – and when it is taught us by our parents, very hard to change.

Knott Buyinit on December 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

“…down with the cause…”
Yeah, where do these cornball sports analysts come from? What a tight-assed homey. Not being able to appreciate superior performance in sports for its own sake is the most bigoted thing I’ve heard of in a long time. What a loser – I wonder if he goes home to “the hood” or if he drives into an exclusive, gated community.

ExpressoBold on December 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Racists say: Ethnicity dictates people’s actions. (i.e. If you’re black, you’re promiscuous and chase white women)

Rob Parker says: People’s actions dictate their ethnicity. (i.e. If you date white women, you’re not black.)

Both racists and Rob Parker are idiots.

Glenn Jericho on December 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM

What is the race of the husband of Susan Rice? Is there a double standard?

Much ado about nothing.

Special Forces Grunt on December 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Parker, are you an American or are you a cornball American? I don’t know, but I keep hearing these things….

Buy Danish on December 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I can’t get over what this guy said. I mean, you can’t be authentically black if you have a white fiancee, or if you’re a-gasp-Republican? That’s absolutely insane. I’d love to know how he wants RGIII to be, er, blacker…should he talk a certain way, only date black chicks, etc? What stereotypes is this guy perpetuating in believing RGIII isn’t one of them?

Just astounding. I don’t care about his fiancee or his politics, but to say that either make him less authentic is deplorable. ESPN should can this dude (but they won’t).

changer1701 on December 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

The Stephen A. Smith radio clip that is at this link from above is worth a listen. This guy is the real deal. I’m impressed. Smith should run for something.

STL_Vet on December 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

This is great man. Really great.

The left is literally waging war on America. You will vote Democrat, you will support Obama or we are going to destroy you. We will call you racist, smear you, threaten you, destroy you, punch you in the face and take everything you own…. but we’re not the Fascists. You are.

JellyToast on December 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

The man can throw a ball really well, and if he is smart about not getting hit (remains to be seen) he will no doubt win a superbowl… whats all this crap about “street cred” when he isn’t from the street?

notalemon on December 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

.there’s a reason Parker was let go in several media slots on the Detroit airwaves…in case you were wondering.

KOOLAID2 on December 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

If Rob Parker wants a certified Democrat playing quarterback for the Washington Redskins, they could always bring Heath Shuler back, now that he doesn’t have anything to do in D.C. anymore. I’m sure all the ‘Skins fans would be perfectly happy cutting RG III or dealing him to the Eagles, Giants or Cowboys and going with that option…

jon1979 on December 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I blame ESPN and the producers of “First Take” for instigating this controversy. “First Take” interviewed Gabby Douglas last week and tried to get her to talk about racism in gymnastics but she didn’t take the bait.

RedRobin145 on December 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM

The biggest difference in Obama and RGIII is that RGIII knows he’s not a one man show. He’s a part of a team that tries to get things done to win. Obama just spreads hate and discontent. I like both RGIII and Alfred Morris, both seem to have their heads firmly on their shoulders. They are young and it could change but right now they are authentic human beings who have a great opportunity I hope they use wisely. Another rookie, Kirk Cousins doesn’t seem to be a slouch either.

Cindy Munford on December 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I see RGIII on the NFL channel all the time…..he sure looks black to me.

….and this big deal about a black quarterback being successful in Washington…..go watch the highlights from Super Bowl XXII…..Doug Williams had a pretty good run there.

Would be a lot easier for people to be color blind if liberals didn’t associate the color of one’s skin for everything under the Sun.

Baxter Greene on December 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM

He didn’t. He agreed with him.

kit9 on December 14, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Smith, after initially responding in a way that seemed like he was going to step in to be the voice of reason after Parker’s idiotic comments, essentially backed/defended Parker’s point of view. I was disappointed. And, Skip, well, probably terrified to even attempt a response as the only white guy at the table, didn’t say anything.

Will be interesting to see if Parker is back on the show today to discuss the fall out. Parker was also recently named as co-host of First Take’s new Saturday show.

kit9 on December 14, 2012 at 5:14 AM

If the “Cause” wishes to sign RGIII to a contract to represent it, it is free to negotiate with him.
For the moment, RGIII is under contract to play Quarterback for the Washington Redskins. Doing quite well, too. Hope his knee is OK.

This Parker guy must be a Dallas fan. Why else inject controversy into the Redskins lockerroom.

Jabberwock on December 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM

RE: HarryBackside on December 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

YES! This is precisely the issue we face: collectivism vs. individualism! The Left is all about identity politics and appealing to a primitive sense of tribalism by pitting certain groups against one another. To them, we are not unique individuals with unique talents, opinions, ideas, etc.; we are simply members of specific groups that hold cookie-cutter views and vote en masse according to those views. Sadly, it works.

The challenge of conservatives, libertarians and Constitutionalists is to have patience while framing our arguments in terms of collectivism vs. individualism, because I think most people do tend toward individualism in their world view.

Logic on December 14, 2012 at 7:06 AM

kit9 on December 14, 2012 at 5:14 AM

There’ll be zero negative consequences for him.
He has the permanent shield of preferred victim status group where all is good.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on December 14, 2012 at 7:15 AM

*sigh* I was told I “talk white” my whole childhood. It took going to college and then entering academia to find a critical mass of black people not brain washed by this notion that you have to speak a certain way to be really black. It is a shame though that there are people like Rob Parker who, presumably, have educations who didn’t learn what an INSANE notion it is that speech patterns are racialized.

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:40 AM

And why was Rush Limbaugh fired from ESPN again?

JellyToast on December 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

OK….calm down. Lets take Mitt Romney and lets take white dude without a GED from Hattiesburg Mississippi. Both are white, but their speech patterns, theit interests, their way of being in the world are going to be entirely different. If you point that out, no one would be offended. Rob Parker is talking about class difference, he’s talking about political difference, he’s talking about nerds vs. jocks. He’s making a cultural distinction. Does it bother you when that cultural distinction is based upon an assumption of some essentialized blackness? And if so why doesn’t it bother you if that distinction were made based upon region. Like what if a dude from the south goes “yeah, Mitt Romney’s a man…but you know, he’s an elitist snobby man, not a *real* man like me who likes to hunt or something.” You see how what Rob Parker did is actually something we all do, but because he did it through race you’re having a meltdown.

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

And why was Rush Limbaugh fired from ESPN again?

JellyToast on December 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Because he suggested that black men lacked the intellectual acumen to fulfill the role of quarterback via Donovan McNabb. Rob Parker, by contrast, just called RG III massive nerd and suggested that means he was “cornball.” These thiings feel different.

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Hot topic in my household.

Are people still dumb enough to shell out $80 per month, for 200 channels of this garbage, in the age of internet TV on demand?

MNHawk on December 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM

What I suggested blacks are only capable of lying, since you are a pathological liar?

Quote it you fraud. By the way, which college is it that finds the need to employ professors of worthless majors, that are personal and professional frauds, such as yourself?

MNHawk on December 14, 2012 at 8:16 AM

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Come back when you know something, you racist. As always…you are best ignored. I am doing you a favor by responding for once.

22044 on December 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM

In spite of instances like this, the Left and Democrats “of color” still get huffy and cry racism when anyone says that the minority community votes based on skin color, that being black almost comes before being American, that past offenses can be milked and used for grievance mongering for centuries.

katiejane on December 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Figures you’d make excuses for Parker. Parker is quite clear in that RG III’s supposed black authentics are clearly lacking. And his approach is clearly racist. Who cares that RG III has a white fiance? Why racist jackwads like Parker care because that clearly indicates, in his mind, that RG III is a traitor to his race.

There is a simple test you and your fellow racists can do to determine if you are in fact being racist. Simply reverse everything in what you are saying and thinking and see how it sounds. Example: I don’t know about GR III’s whiteness. He is engaged to a black chick, and he may be a Democrat.

NotCoach on December 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Quote it you fraud.

And a pretty cowardly one at that.

MNHawk on December 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Dishonest from front to back. Link what Limbaugh said so we can dismantle your bigotry and hypocrisy for you.

NotCoach on December 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I figured that was what you were talking about. Where exactly does Limbaugh say what you claim?

NotCoach on December 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM

“I don’t think he’s been that good from the get-go. I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve. The defense carried this team.”

Sucks to be a personal fraud, professional fraud, and a coward, all in one package, doesn’t it libfree.

Maybe it’s a black thing, not being able to man up and debate whites, one on one, issue to issue. What does a pvssy like you think, libfree.

MNHawk on December 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM

You see how what Rob Parker did is actually something we all do, but because he did it through race you’re having a meltdown.libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

My problem with Mr. Parker is that he was attempting to define how RGIII should act as an African-American. He has no right to do that.
In the end, and incredibly enough, he was was defining a stereotype for the A-A community. In a “post-racial” society, should we really be doing this ?

In my eye, white male, RGIII is the rookie QB for the Washington Redskins. He is helping the team and the ENTIRE DC fan base is enjoying his contribution. That should be the conversation.

Jabberwock on December 14, 2012 at 8:42 AM

RG III is a class act. Anything racists like Parker say just rolls right off his back.

darwin on December 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM

libfreeordie on December 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM

No, that’s not what he said. He said the media was basically ignoring his flaws because he was black.

JellyToast on December 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM

In a news conference yesterday cited in USA Today, Griffin, an African-American, said, “For me, you don’t ever want to be defined by the color of your skin. You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person that you are, your character, your personality. That’s what I’ve tried to go out and do.” He continued, “I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I don’t have to be defined by that.’’

darwin on December 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM

RE: libreeordie @ 7:45 AM

Gee, I didn’t realize I was having a meltdown. Thanks for informing me.

My point is precisely about the “something we all do” in terms of identity politics and putting people in groups. As a gay woman who happens to be a conservative – because I am a staunch individualist – I know firsthand what it is like to be pegged in a group and lectured about what opinions I *should* have because of my gender and orientation. It’s all bullcrap! Each of us needs to be cognizant of the fact that we are all INDIVIDUALS, first and foremost, and not neat, uniform little bricks in the wall of our respective groups.

Logic on December 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Logic on December 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Libfreeordie now thinks you are some sort of gay, female Uncle Tom. Everyone he knows thinks only in terms of identity, and I am sure that the only thing he will ever see again when it comes to you is a certain identity. Although I don’t know what label he has on the box in his little brain for someone like you.

NotCoach on December 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM