Video: The freaky quintuple deaky Brazilian corpse prank

posted at 6:41 pm on December 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, and not to be confused with the freaky quintuple deaky Brazilian ghost prank, an entertaining new chapter of people being terrified out of their minds for lulz. This one’s more interesting psychologically to me than the earlier clip because it’s both more and less absurd, yet it still works like gangbusters. Less absurd because the corpse tumbling out of a coffin is just plausible enough to be viscerally frightening; more absurd because the bit where it “reanimates” looks completely ridiculous … and yet these people are on the brink of wetting themselves as it happens. I guess once someone is well and truly freaked out, there’s no sober assessment to be had until they’re out of the danger zone. In particular, watch the boy react. He never makes a sound; in fact, at first, he looks like he’s going to go full alpha and take the whole thing in stride. Then his right arm starts twitching, and suddenly he’s literally prying the doors apart to get out of there. The “corpse” could have started tap-dancing and the poor kid would probably be slamming himself against the wall to try to get away. Are you not entertained?

Comments

Getting popcorn…

… be right back.

Seven Percent Solution on December 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Do they have CHL’s there?

cozmo on December 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

These guys ain’t gonna be happy til they kill somebody…lol.

Love the way that last guy keeps his girlfriend IN FRONT….

BigWyo on December 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Do they have CHL’s there?

cozmo on December 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Don’t Make Brazil’s Gun Rights Loss Be America’s Future

In Brazil, I am required to register a gun I possess and the government is the only one who can decide whether I can keep it—only after paying the $2,000 in registration fees.

I think they lost their right to carry. And as in most S. and C. American countries the citizenry is restricted to non-military calibers. Thats where you get to shoot .38, .25, and some other smaller calibers.

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Do they have CHL’s there?

cozmo on December 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I would hope they screen their victims before scaring the sh!t out of them. Maybe a metal detector is used to get into the building.

NotCoach on December 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Friggin’ Hilarious…

cruel as all hell…

but Hilarious!

Tim_CA on December 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Ever seen ‘City of God’?

Gun ‘Control’ at it’s finest.

BigWyo on December 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I would hope they screen their victims before scaring the sh!t out of them.

NotCoach on December 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Part of me wouldn’t mind seeing a would be victim turning the tables on them.

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Oh well, I guess that’s why they do stuff down there. And Japan.

Since when is a .38 small caliber?

cozmo on December 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

LOL.

That young guy trying to pry the doors open was the best.

portlandon on December 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

The ghost one was better because it capitalized on the bizarre fear of little girls in nighties. This one just capitalizes on the traditional fear of the corpse.

keep the change on December 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Do they have CHL’s there?

cozmo on December 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

dunno…think your first reaction would be to punch the sh!t out of the thing anyway.

Wonder if the old corpse took any fists to the face?

Tim_CA on December 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

keep the change on December 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Agreed.

The flickering lights and the sudden appearence…then scream was perfect.

An instant classic.

Tim_CA on December 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Ever seen ‘City of God’?

Gun ‘Control’ at it’s finest.

BigWyo on December 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Nope, I wouldn’t base my idea of gun culture in a country off of a movie either. It would be like saying, you know what gun culture in Hong Kong is like? Hard Boiled!

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Wonder if the old corpse took any fists to the face?

Tim_CA on December 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

-it would have had it coming to it
-sesquipidalien

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

freaking law school ruined stuff like this for me. All I can do is watch this and recall the elements of intentional infliction of emotional distress.

schmitty on December 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Tim_CA on December 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I was surprised like that once. The grand jury no billed me.

cozmo on December 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Meh. The ghost girl spoiled me. Get back to me when you have something sextuple or better.

Axe on December 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Brazilians are easily amused.

Curtiss on December 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM

That last girl needs to find herself a new boyfriend. He kept her between himself and the corpse the entire time.

29Victor on December 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM

These pranks are funny, but, face it, they make Brazilians (especially the women) look like stupid, illiterate, superstitious peons good for nothing but crude unskilled labor. I’m reminded of a fairly well-known antebellum depiction of adult black American slaves cowering from a scarecrow-like figure that only a very young white American child would likely have found equally terrifying. A slight touch of national masochism at work I’d say.

Seth Halpern on December 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

You gotta’ love the subtlety of Latin American TV shows. Those cartoon sound FX are all you need to know that something wacky is about to happen.

SWLiP on December 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Well, that’s not what I was getting at…The movie is based in Rio and apparently on a true story..The main character was a photo journalist right in the middle of it.

I wasn’t getting at any kind of gun culture, just the fact that if Brazil does indeed have the gun controls you posted, it ain’t working…or it works just about as well as you would expect.

Pretty good movie…very depressing though….

BigWyo on December 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I was surprised like that once. The grand jury no billed me.

cozmo on December 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Heh.

You pull some of these gags in the U.S…..and GJ’s would be convening with regularity.

Tim_CA on December 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

NotCoach

Considering the “victims” are most likely actors, I doubt they have to worry about that.

xblade on December 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Is everyone in Brazil a stoned idiot, or what? This was even dumber than that other video.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

SWLiP on December 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Equivalent of our sitcom/studio laugh track.

V-rod on December 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Not very good. I’d like to have seen one person behave differently. Instead, we got screaming from N people, showing us that all Brazilians are cut from the same cloth — or, rather, that the editor wasn’t interested in anyone who remained calm in the face of a screaming child. That was the cute thing about Candid Camera — not everyone behaved the same.

unclesmrgol on December 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Wonder if the old corpse took any fists to the face?

Tim_CA on December 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

You mean like this?

tommer74 on December 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Too many fat women.

Sherman1864 on December 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Them Brazilians are nuts!

BigAlSouth on December 13, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Couldn’t do this prank in the US. After The Walking Dead, someone would pull out their .45 and take out the ‘zombie’…

batter on December 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM