Video: Steven Crowder gets the full union-thug experience

posted at 4:01 pm on December 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

When I saw his tweet this morning, I wondered if he had oversold what happened. Nope. Not only does one guy start throwing roundhouses, another yanks him back hard by his jacket collar and seems ready to jump him before people around them step in. A third guy curses him out and looks like he’s moments away from making a move of his own before Crowder backs off to cool him down. Why? Because the state decided they shouldn’t be able to force people to join their organization as a condition of employment. I’m not sure why they’re worried about that, frankly; given their tactics, who’d dare take a job working alongside these cretins while refusing to unionize? This is their version of an anti-RTW ad: If you’re thinking of exercising your freedom of association, make sure you think carefully. And not a single Democratic pol will say a word about it, beyond the most perfunctory “of course I deplore violence but…” statement wrung from their press team.

You might see this clip on Fox News today. Smart money says you won’t see it anywhere else. Exit question: When was “democracy” redefined to mean “doing whatever unions want”?

Update: Presented without comment:

“This is just the first round of a battle that’s going to divide this state. We’re going to have a civil war,” Hoffa said on CNN’s “Newsroom.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 10

I thought it was the TEA party that was violent???…

PatriotRider on December 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Thugs. Violent thugs. Nothing more, nothing less.

JannyMae on December 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM

These thugs are the lowest of the low.Obama voters for sure.The only way to deal with these beer gut thugs is to answer them.Push for push and blow for blow.

logman1 on December 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Obama’s civilian army.

ctmom on December 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I kill you with a gun. I done kilt 20 men with a gun.

Vote democrat!

tom daschle concerned on December 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Here‘s how NBC News “reported” the wanton destruction of the AFP tent, and subsequent assaults, by union thugs:

A tent set up by supporters of the measures also collapsed amid what authorities described as “pushing and shoving” among protesters. No one was hurt, police said.

steebo77 on December 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Democart Party Leadership at its best.

Pres. Thug down to street thugs, all of them the same.

There will be a fight.
The greed they have, the entitlement they feel will have it no other way.
Votes will not be enough after the counting is done.

They will still come for our stuff.

Be ready.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on December 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Gird up your loins!

LET’S ROLL!

nitzsche on December 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Nice folks.

Jabberwock on December 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

This key democrat constituency sure looks a lot like angry old white men.

tom daschle concerned on December 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Since the media loves to say the Tea Party and/or Limbaugh run the GOP, can we now claim these violent mobs control the Democrat party?

Aizen on December 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Two threads on this? Steven, you magnificent bast@rd! Seriously, glad Steven wasn’t knocked out cold or taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries.

totherightofthem on December 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hannity just said Crowder will be on his show tonight and the video will be shown.

I say we make a BFD out of this and accuse Obama of inciting violence.

rockmom on December 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hoffa says the Michigan’s economy has bounced back and Obama says the nation’s economy if poised for take off. It’s as if saying it makes it so.

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM

“Civil war”…???…you won’t like the result you jackass…

PatriotRider on December 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Teabaggerz are getting violent again, huh?

Can’t wait to see this wall-to-wall on MSNBC tonight.

Good Lt on December 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM

This is organized labor’s Hitler in the bunker moment.

Mark1971 on December 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Steven Crowder gets the full union-thug experience

Sounds like the worst Disneyland ride ever!

On a serious note, I don’t know what’s more disturbing. That the left gets off scott-free in the media for this, or that it’s the right that gets stereotyped as the violent crazies in light of it.

Meric1837 on December 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Can these people get assult charges? Or is legal during a union protest?

Oil Can on December 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I don’t know AP, I would think those dues represent a sizable chunk of money and could anyone prove whether or not the guy working next to you is paying or not? I thought payroll was confidential. Can you imagine what a great atmosphere is would be to have everyone suspicious of each other?

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Here it comes…is Michigan going to be the spark that sets this thing off…?

d1carter on December 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Waiting for libfreeordie to start quoting MLK in response.

Good Lt on December 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Freedom of Choice! All your RETHUGLICONS are against my choices to do what I want to do! I’m all about the FREEDOM OF CHOICE!

Unless that means choosing your health coverage, choosing how you want to negotiate for your job, choosing how you want to educate your children….

Nethicus on December 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

We will all be Tomestone Marshals soon enough.

Get the knowing of the fighting.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on December 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

If that was me in Crowder’s place, I would have shot him. There was physical violence and death treats. More than enough justification to feel my life was threatened.

Wolftech on December 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Watch your backs in MI…the lower the IQ the more unpredictable they are…

PatriotRider on December 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I’m sure the union scum police department will be hard at work apprehending the assailants.

Master Shake on December 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM

One would think that government would feel compelled to do everything in their power to dismantle violent organizations like this one.

In fact, I wonder who has done more personal and property damage in the last 50 years…the KKK, the Tea Party, militias, Nazis, or unions.

29Victor on December 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM

These are Dear Leaders’ people…

d1carter on December 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Is that slob in jail yet?

Akzed on December 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

OK, we got their faces on camera. Time to press charges so this behavior can be deterred. The police would not hesitate to use video to ID kids causing property damage after their team wins the Super Bowl, so time to put a price on union violence… Jail time.

TheTownsman on December 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Clearly we all missed the part where Mr. Crowder antagonized the crowd to the point that he forced the mob to attack him and/or instigated the attack. Surely, this was all a set up by Mr. Crowder.

Cue MSNBC to go with that line of thinking yesterday.

Logus on December 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

This is what you get when you dare challenge someone’s ability to be a lazy ass and get paid way too much…..

slapnuts on December 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Sorry about repetitive “or not”.

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Waiting for libfreeordie to start quoting MLK in response.

Good Lt on December 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Or lostmotherland to give us a sarcastic “heartache” over unprovoked violence being committed.

NotCoach on December 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

So this is what Michigan teachers support huh?

darwin on December 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Assault by union thugs ignored by the media, but ikea monkey is journalism….

RAGIN CAJUN on December 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

This is all over money. The left owns greed.

tom daschle concerned on December 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Even worse than that (since we all know what despicable, lying scum the dems are) not a single person in the GOP “leadership” will come out and call these anti-American thugs exactly what they are and put Barky and his lunatic dems on the line for supporting them. Of course, this isn’t the first time that the union thugs came out with violence in support of the dems (remember the finger being bitten off at the Town Hall or the other Town Hall events or the union thugs Barky bussed to bank executives’ homes in order to terrorize their families – during which Barky infamously told the bankers, “my administration is the only thing standing between you and the pitchforks.”?) but the GOP “leadership” refuses to call these people and their supporters infesting our government exactly what they are. Instead, we have the Weeping Boner embarrassed about the Tea Party and saying that he “understands” the Occupoopers. That is the worst part of all this.

In any event, it’s time for a national divorce. These leftists and their thugs want the American Socialist Superstate. I want nothing to do with them or their kind. I share nothing with these people and wouldn’t care less if they disappeared this minute. In fact, they are nothing but entropy raisers.

Time to drop the anchor of these leftist scumbags. Let them burn to hell in their own demented anti-Americanism. We need to be cut loose from these scum.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

We’re going to have a civil war,” Hoffa said

The parasites are at a disadvantage in a war with the hosts. They can’t really win because the parasite can’t exist without a living host to feed upon but the host can have a much better existence without the parasite around. Make a list of them by name and don’t stop making war against them until every last one of them is purged from your community.

Buddahpundit on December 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Interesting contrast here: In Michigan (Right to Work) and in Illinois (concealed carry), the right has two big victories today. In Washington, we are all waiting for what we know will the big surrender to collectivism currently being negotiated behind closed doors.

MTF on December 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Screw that. That dude who assaulted him should have been eating out of a straw by now.

matd on December 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

How did America survive as a nation before that beer-swilling piece of union sh*t started rendering us, the taxpayers, his irreplaceable and invaluable services?

Sheesh! You wingnutz really need to look at what heroes like that fat piece of crap, who are on the moral level of MLK and Lincoln, have done for the city of Detroit!

Good Lt on December 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Crowder was probably scared for his life. It would have been sweet if he pulled out a piece and eliminated the threat. I can fantasize, can’t he? What human excrement.

ratherbskiing on December 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

This totally reminds me of the time at a TEA Party rally where an old lady sneezed on me and apologized…

nextgen_repub on December 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Until this morning I had no idea that this had been on the ballot in November, I wonder why these folks told National Review that they feel like they personally didn’t get a chance to heard?

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I’ve been re-reading CS Lewis’ “That Hideous Strength”, and the tactics and how they’re reported by the media were eerily set out in this book decades ago, like prophecy.

Mommynator on December 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM

This is Obama’s America.

“Either agree with us or get punched in the mouth.”

Captain Kirock on December 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Pretty sure I’ve met some of these guys online. They are just as articulate and logical.

29Victor on December 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

This is what a real cross section of the Obama reelect coalition looks like: savages.

The Count on December 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Master Shake on December 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I must say that the police in Michigan seem to be doing a much better job than the police in Madison. Probably because they haven’t touched public sector unions. Yet.

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

We’re going to have a civil war,” Hoffa said on CNN’s “Newsroom.”

Let it begin.

ThePrez on December 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Someone’s gotta teach Crowder jab-jab-right cross. I would put that old man on his ass in a heartbeat. I noticed he was in the process of getting up. I would have liked to have seen the previous 10 seconds. Probably tried a swing at Crowder, missed and fell.

From the crack reporting at the Detroit Free Press:

“State Rep. David Rutledge, D-Ypsilanti, provided personal reason for opposing the legislation after telling of being shoved off a diner stool by a man who said he couldn’t sit there.

“I can’t begin to tell you what a humiliating experience that was. That changed the trajectory of my life,” he said. “At the moment I hit the floor, that man seemed to have all the rules on his side. At that moment, I decided I wanted to be where the rules are made.”

Eh, okay. Now what does that have to do with RTW again?

I fully expect the rhetoric to get more and more hyperbolic.

Chest_Rockwell on December 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

And who was the moron yelling about killing plenty of MFs with a gun? I’m sure he has…it’s called Call of Duty, setup in his Mom’s basement.

nextgen_repub on December 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Please tell me this is actionable.

“With our successes in the states, pretty obviously we need to find a way to rivitalize federalism. I’d love to see a smart lawyer craft a 10th Amendment case just to get the party started.”
And I read somewhere today that in Florida we just passed a law saying welfare recipients must be drug tested. Anyone know if it’s true?

americanmama on December 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Oh I am soo sick of all the talk bring it, FAT BOY

ChunkyLover on December 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Ayn Rand was right. Again.

Good Lt on December 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

This is organized labor’s Hitler in the bunker moment.

Mark1971 on December 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Unfortunately, you do not take into account the occupants of the White House, Senate, most of the Judiciary, the MFM, the culture and academia.

Rixon on December 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

This is very concerning. I hope Crowder is okay and I’m sure that his pretty new wife is going to have the “are you sure you’re going to keep doing this because you could get killed” talk with him tonight, if she hasn’t already. I don’t say that sarcastically, I say it seriously.

ted c on December 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Lock and load, people. The Moochers and the Looters are feeling emboldened.

glockomatic on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

As usual with propaganda videos, there are 15 seconds clips cutting into each other showing whatever the editor wants to show.

Any full videos?

lester on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

how long till the sheeple figure out they can vote themselves other people’s money? uh oh, kiss this Republic goodbye. LET IT BURN

burserker on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Mommynator on December 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Excellent reference. That one is next on my reread list.

tom daschle concerned on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Wow. So voilent are the Unions and Steven even put his hands up and stepped back signaling that he didn’t want it to escalate.

terryannonline on December 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

matd on December 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

True, and for my part, were I in Mr. Crowder’s shoes I probably would have tried to retaliate in kind. However, discretion is often the better part of valor. Cameras were rolling, and while Mr. Crowder would no doubt have been right to defend himself, his meekness (note, this is NOT weakness) paints him in a very good light, whereas the union thugs make themselves look all the more thuggish.

Sometimes the braver and more manly thing to do is not respond in kind, to retaliate, but instead continue to shine a spotlight on ignorance by their continued actions.

Logus on December 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Actually, what was on the ballot in November was far, far, far worse than just guaranteeing the existence of unions. It enshrined collective bargaining into our constitution and contained a host of provisions that would have vitiated other laws already on the books, including those that would allow for the firing of persons who pose a danger to others in certain cases. Not Coach posted a pretty good summation of it, but in short it would:

Grant public and private employees the constitutional right to organize and bargain collectively through labor unions.

Invalidate existing or future state or local laws that limit the ability to join unions and bargain collectively, and to negotiate and enforce collective bargaining agreements, including employees’ financial support of their labor unions. Laws may be enacted to prohibit public employees from striking.

Override state laws that regulate hours and conditions of employment to the extent that those laws conflict with collective bargaining agreements.

Define “employer” as a person or entity employing one or more employees.

totherightofthem on December 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

MSNBC reporting…

“A tent set up by supporters of the measures also collapsed amid what authorities described as ‘pushing and shoving’ among protesters. No one was hurt, police said.”

Steven Crowder becomes George Zimmerman. MSNBC “might” show photos of Crowder’s injuries in 9 or 10 months. They are just now — occasionally — airing the photos of George “not-a-scratch-on-him” Zimmerman’s cut head and bloody, broken nose.

Resist We Much on December 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

“of course I deplore violence but…”

Unions are violence. At the bottom line, they have no other way to enforce their wishes. The only way they can keep replacement workers or manufacturing materials from crossing a picket line is through force or the threat of force.

Socratease on December 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

The violence inherent in the Left.

rbj on December 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM

ThePrimordialOrderPair,

Yes, and be on the ready and know how to fight with votes and all means required at the time.

Liberty.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on December 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Let’s have that civil war then.

iconoclast on December 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Many smiles in the White House today I’m sure.

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Is a 1:21 long enough for you Lester?

Vera71 on December 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Particularly since Crowder would have been the one arrested, not these thugs. So when the camera is on, be lawful. Other times, shoot the thugs.

iconoclast on December 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I’ve posted this blog & video on the AFP-Michigan fb page.

22044 on December 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

When they courts allowed the clearly un-Constitutional notion of the “closed-shop” (an illegal taking of private property, among other affronts to civilization, in general) they started this ball rolling. It’s time to cut these scum off. I would talk about the need for RICO prosecutions and many arrests of the violent thugs, but we all know that this adminsitration is allied with them in their determination to kill this society and we know that the cops and prosecutors always let the unions get away with anything and everything.

National divorce. It’s way past time. These people are not part of any nation I want to be in. They are nothing but lifters of entropy, just like the Indonesian Dog-Eater.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on December 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Any full videos?

lester on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Good job.

It’s obvious that Crowder paid George Lucas/James Cameron to create FX to show a Union Thug punching him in the face.

And all those media reports of the tent being destroyed is just propaganda.

sentinelrules on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Here it comes…is Michigan going to be the spark that sets this thing off…?

d1carter on December 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well, if it does, then LET IT BURN.
Now I denounce myself.

Rixon on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Steven Crowder gets the full union-thug experience

headline by Allahpundit

Sounds like the worst Disneyland ride ever!

Meric1837 on December 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Ok, I’ll admit I chuckled at that, because it does. : )

listens2glenn on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Note all the leftists…defending it…by their absence.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Them union guys need to lay off the donuts….

zeeman on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Steven Crowder needs sue the shyt out of the union and the Michigan State Democratic Party and even throw a civil RICO cause of action into the complaint.

Resist We Much on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

lester on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Ah yes lester. Sure, when the guy comes up to Steven as he’s walking away and yanks on his jacket, that’s all a bit of editing for propaganda.

Yes, the clip is clearly edited, but there’s enough to show that even if Mr. Crowder might have been “antagonizing” the mob, there is zero reason to come to fisticuffs. For the left it seems that fighting and violence in general is a reasonable response when you disagree with someone.

Logus on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

The old parasite argument.

I knew at least one union member would use that as to why they’re opposed to giving people the choice of union membership.

By his logic, he’s not allowed to enjoy anything unless he personally was a part of it.

His logic dictates conscription for all. You cannot enjoy the freedoms our military has given us unless you have been in the military and fought to preserve those freedoms.

Sorry women, you can’t vote unless you’ve marched on Washington and led suffrage protests.

Sorry blacks, you need to march from Selma in order to enjoy your civil liberties.

See how ridiculous that logic is?

ButterflyDragon on December 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Is a 1:21 long enough for you Lester?

Vera71 on December 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Lester only accepts edited videos done by MSNBC.

sentinelrules on December 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

“We’re going to have a civil war,” Hoffa said on CNN’s “Newsroom.”

Imagine if someone with even the most tenuous support of the Tea Party said that. The MSM would screaming about racist armed militias, survivalists, the Klan, the Confederacy, and everything else.

Of course, too, Hoffa likely has armed security 24/7. He’ll be safe–maybe for a time if it comes to pass–but his rank-and-file agitators won’t. If such a thing does happen, and union thugs are met by equal force or numbers, they have no guarantee of winning.

Hoffa would be wise to walk back his arrogance lickety-split before too many people on both sides take him seriously.

Liam on December 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Mr. Punchy is wearing a UAW emblem, and his face is quite clear on video.

Looking forward to seeing him jugged and prosecuted for aggravated assault and battery, at the least.

mojo on December 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

totherightofthem on December 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

And it lost, right? It just seems to me that the Left should have bought a clue and certainly don’t have a leg to stand on in the argument that they have been left out of the democratic process. Or do you think the proposal on the ballot would have passed if it had not been so far reaching?

Cindy Munford on December 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

lester on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

You are always a gnatbrain.

Schadenfreude on December 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

The video would be much more compelling and would break through the media firewall if Mr Crowder had been carrying some skittles and iced tea. His innocence would be undeniable.

rw on December 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Oh, how I miss my Fight Club days.

I’m a big Crowder fan, but he missed two glorious opportunities here.

First, the fat, mouth-frothing slob goes down with a simple single-leg-with-foot-sweep (thereby, chopping down the big, bad tree), followed by some delicious GnP. Fat, big-mouthed pigs are always the easiest to beat down.

The other guy, punching Crowder, put his ugly libtard neck in a perfect position for an arm-in guillotine or a front collar choke (particularly with that horrifically unattractive 70s era coat…I’m sure it was union made).

I hate bullies and have always enjoyed “getting in their faces and punching back twice as hard.”

Dion on December 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

lester on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I’m still waiting on the video of Tea Party protestors supposedly spitting on black congresspeople on March 20, 2010. The Left never doubted the veracity of that story, even though it was an utter fabrication. But, when faced with an actual battery by union thugs captured on film, the Left shrieks, “I want PROOF!”

steebo77 on December 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Bring. It.

ghostwalker1 on December 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Unions against the civil right to work.

The ironies know no bounds.

The same with their lack of civility and humanity.

Brutes know no bounds at all… and they should be careful what they wish for.

ajacksonian on December 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Any full videos?

lester on December 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

What else exactly do you expect to see? Union thugs daring each other to be the first one to punch Crowder?

I’m afraid you are grasping son. If Crowder provoked this violence with violence you know damn well others would be crowing about it by now.

NotCoach on December 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM

And how long before they start targeting us in our homes? You think I’m being paranoid? How long before they start targeting our wives and children?

The left promotes violence… outright blatant violence and what are the Republicans doing? What is our law enforcement doing?

The freaking GOP will attack it’s own before they ever confront this garbage publicly! We’ve got celebrities on TV bragging about killing white people in the movies they make and the audience applauds!
President Obama invites a comedian to a WH party that has openly ranted about killing our soldiers and their families… and yet he invites him to a party and shakes his hand!

Will Boenher or any Republican leader take a public stand against this? Where are they?

This is so beyond outrage! This is absolute violence against us by the left and we are on our own!

They are freaking tearing our nation apart!

JellyToast on December 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM

That conservative teabagger Crowder, violently disrupting the peaceful union protest. See how vile and evil that whole teabagger bunch are? /s

Midas on December 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM