Video: Steven Crowder gets the full union-thug experience

posted at 4:01 pm on December 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

When I saw his tweet this morning, I wondered if he had oversold what happened. Nope. Not only does one guy start throwing roundhouses, another yanks him back hard by his jacket collar and seems ready to jump him before people around them step in. A third guy curses him out and looks like he’s moments away from making a move of his own before Crowder backs off to cool him down. Why? Because the state decided they shouldn’t be able to force people to join their organization as a condition of employment. I’m not sure why they’re worried about that, frankly; given their tactics, who’d dare take a job working alongside these cretins while refusing to unionize? This is their version of an anti-RTW ad: If you’re thinking of exercising your freedom of association, make sure you think carefully. And not a single Democratic pol will say a word about it, beyond the most perfunctory “of course I deplore violence but…” statement wrung from their press team.

You might see this clip on Fox News today. Smart money says you won’t see it anywhere else. Exit question: When was “democracy” redefined to mean “doing whatever unions want”?

Update: Presented without comment:

“This is just the first round of a battle that’s going to divide this state. We’re going to have a civil war,” Hoffa said on CNN’s “Newsroom.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10

Did you see this? Bmore wanted you to see this so if you already have, please ignore.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I did. He won’t admit it, but Bmore is an amazingly talented artist. Thank you, Cindy.

Fallon on December 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Fallon on December 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

He’s a real Renaissance Man, they are just so beautiful.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Late to the party as usual – thought I would share a funny tidbit
about unions -

Years ago the teamsters were going on strike and semi trucks were
driving on Rt. 80 in Iowa, all abreast going 30 miles an hour.
None of us regular folk could get around them.

Of course, the state troopers were nowhere to be found, and since
this was prior to cell phones, we had no way to call them en masse.

One car got off an exit ramp, more cars followed, and soon there
was a caravan, myself included, thinking that the head car knew
a back way to get us around these creeps and back on 80 ahead of
them. Imagine our surprise when the head car pulled into his
driveway!!!

The rest of us were lost, fumbled around going down country lanes
until much later we found a connecting road to 80.

At any rate, unions have always been full of thugs; nothing new,
however, now there are cameras everywhere that catch their antics.

Amjean on December 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

The shape of things to come ? You just know the leftists in media and many in public office are having orgasms over this, especially the waste in the WH.

arand on December 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I say give him what he wants. A few years from now, he will be famous like his daddy. Parlor games will include the question, “Where, oh where, is Jimmy Hoffa…Jr.”

Lightswitch on December 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Amjean on December 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I vaguely seem to remember from my youth, stories of striking coal miners shooting and killing “scabs”. These idiots may have actually evolved a touch.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Bloody Williamson County. This is the part of the country my family came from.

I believe this is also the county the only incidence of aerial bombing in the continental US.

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Tough stuff, but a bit before my time. I was thinking West Virginia in the late 50′s or the 60′s. Why would anyone want to be associated with these folks. I guess they think they are the equivalent of Civil Rights protesters.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Awesome.

You post a comment advocating actually defending yourself, hitting back, etc…and it gets deleted.

Good luck going forward with this passive bs. Enjoy getting beat up and watching the other side not get held accountable for it.

Unreal.

Chumps.

moonbat monitor on December 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM

ok.

it wasn’t deleted. Showed up after a refresh. Stupid me.

i retract my prior comment.

Although I would like to see more conservatives stand up for our speakers, etc, on campuses by using a little physical obstruction against the fascist leftists….occasionally in the form of a right hook if need be.

moonbat monitor on December 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Something to keep in mind.

Large numbers of the msm are “Union Members”.

May not be “Jimmy Hoffa” mob goon unions but unions never the less.

Connections.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on December 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

It’s been fun watching lib FB friends either a) try to spin this (violence is never okay, but Crowder should have known something would happen attending such an emotion-fraught event) or b) ignoring it completely.

Once many eons ago my former spouse got sent to Chicago for AFSCME’s annual convention, and I went with. I was never much a big rah rah union person anyway, but that experience sure opened my eyes, I’ll tell ya. We were invited to a party (wholly paid for by a particularily large local somewhere in Chicago) that had a speakeasy theme and the food? Caviar, lobster, gallons of champagne, expensive stuff. We were told that that one party had cost in excess of a hunnert grand, and this in the early 80s. The keynote was Teddy K, and when he said “Do we want four more years of Ronald Reagan?” The hub and I yelled “YES!!”

Someone behind me hit the back of my head. It was fun, but we didn’t go to any more meetings after that.

Bob's Kid on December 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM

moonbat monitor

“Patriot Guard Riders” example of how to be effective and not use violence.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on December 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

It’s concern troll-palooza!!

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on December 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM

i started out with this stupid style and now i’m stuck with it.

sesquipedalian on December 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

So what you are saying is, you’re stuck on “stupid”

Noted

Conservative4Ever on December 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

ABC, NBC and CBS ignore union thugs’ attack on Fox News contributor

I hope no one is surprised that the BSM is ignoring violence from one of their allies.

Galt2009 on December 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Unbelievable. Propagandists doing what they do best:

You going to believe them or your lying eyes watching all the videos?

hoosiermama on December 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I’m sorry, I know Crowder is some sort of hero around here, but I can’t stand his snarky attitude and his “humorous” way of talking. He reminds me of the self-important dude we all had in our college classroom who always had an opinion, shouted everyone else down, and was oh-so-cool at the same time. The one in my classroom had his hair all spiked up like Edward in Twilight.

I’d punch him if he got in my face too, and I agree with everything he says.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

That sounds very mature and non-self-important of you! Oh, I’m sorry, you were just joking, and only meant to show us what a great sense of humor you have?

Either way, you’re a clown, and not a good one.

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM

theatre-arts-bohemian types
Lourdes on December 12, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Racist.

cptacek on December 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

And the Left stay’s classy as always:

Max Read / Gawker

Do We Really Have to Condemn the Union Protestor Who Punched Fox News Comedian Steven Crowder? — Good, serious progressives are supposed to condemn violence as a political tactic, because it’s wrong and in many cases counterproductive. But do we really need to condemn the union protestor …

Galt2009 on December 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Galt2009 on December 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

They never disappoint down, do they?

I’d love to see one of them try to give an objective definition of “civility” – it’s be comedy gold!

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Fallon
on December 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

He’s a real Renaissance Man, they are just so beautiful.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I just tracked back to find out what you two were talking about.

After having viewed it (all of it), I say “dittos”.

Very nice work.

listens2glenn on December 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I am 25 too.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Congratulations on being able to rent a car. So do you think we should just do away with the 2nd Amendment while we’re at it?

Nutstuyu on December 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

1. The thug doing the punching is wearing an IBEW jacket. International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. I hope he is in cuffs before the end of today AND if he’s an employee of the union hall they are charges as well.

2. The media is so far left that it makes center look like it’s on the right. Non-violent tea parties are portrayed as violent but actually violent leftist unions are not news.

3. This is why Rebublicans have to go on the non-violent attack against the media. Call them out every chance for their fraudulent bias.

4. Would have like to have Obama out but since we have to deal with him for 4 more years. What worries me is that the country has turned from land of hard workers to land of slackers….I am saddened every day for my children.

SFTech on December 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

More violence during the protest -h/t PJMedia

Looks as if the crowd got rowdy after Crowder’s experience.

Hope something is done to help the Hot Dog Guy also

koaiko on December 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Mr. Treacher has a story about a gentleman, apparently a permanent fixture to the area, who had his hot dog cart destroyed by the union thugs.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Nutstuyu on December 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I didn’t suggest Crowder has no right to be obnoxious and in your face with people, I suggested he should do some hard thinking about how he presents his message. There’s always more than one way to say the same thing, and mocking people rarely gets them to change their mind.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Whereas punching them is a more acceptable form of persuasion.

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Whereas punching them is a more acceptable form of persuasion.

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Was I defending the union thugs? Tell me where I was defending the union thugs. I never defended their actions. I criticized Crowder, and I have long felt he needed to grow up.

As I said in my first comment on this article, even I would be tempted to clock him if he got all in my face. It’s not his message, it’s his manner and attitude. He annoys the heck out of people.

Is that defending the union stooges? No. They should be locked away for attacking him. But at the same time, his going in there and trolling for reactions, and then squalling on Fox News about the “brutal treatment” he received, is not helping anything.

I can’t believe I keep having to repeat this.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I can’t believe I have to keep repeating that it’s wrong to belt people in the face who have committed no aggression towards you.

Every time you qualify that attack with a “but”, yes, you are defending them by rationalizing the act. If it’s wrong, it’s wrong.

Or as I pointed out to bayam, the lesson my four-year-old learned from a children’s cartoon:

“Oh, I didn’t know he said mean things. Of course, you had no choice but jeopardize the mission.”

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I don’t know if anyone else noticed this. . .

But the Chubby Union Boy who took the swings at Crowder must be on estrogen and have muscles made of marshmallows. To land a roundhouse swing on somebody’s face and do as little damage as he did. . . .

he had better be real careful who and where he picks his fights. It looks like a moderate size middle school kid would be able to beat him to a pulp.

Narniaman on December 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Well, his first swing was unanticipated but also kind of wild, with no force behind it. The others Crowder deflected with little effort before pushing him backwards to disengage.

That said, he probably wouldn’t last long in a real fight unless he’s better trained than those lobs suggest.

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Have it your way then, Shaef. You can continue to think that Crowder’s behavior is perfectly acceptable and a fine form of conservative entertainment. I beg to differ. I think he’s making a fool of himself and leaving a bad taste in an awful lot of mouths. I think he damages the conservative movement with his antics.

Does he have a right to do it? Sure. Absolutely. But he’s making a total fool out of himself. One day he will grow up and look back on his videos with a mixture of chagrin and regret.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

But see, I have the luxury of taking my position regardless of whether I agree with his actions or not, because they are not illegal.

I don’t have to spend my time trying to parcel out the correct proportions of blame among the involved parties, because only one of them committed an illegal act of aggression against the other.

I don’t care whether Crowder changes his behavior or not, because there’s nothing wrong with what he’s doing. I wholeheartedly conclude the unioner should change his behavior, because we are not allowed to punch people.

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Okay, I was going to drop it there, but I have to defend myself on this. I am not assigning blame to anyone here, Schaef. Nor am I justifying, excusing, or trying to minimize misbehavior. You are twisting my words, completely twisting them. I said nothing from the very start about the punching per se, just the fact that Crowder is damaging the conservative cause. I may suspect that he welcomed the attack because it gave him the attention he craves, or I may believe he was an innocent victim here. That is immaterial. My complaint with Crowder is that he runs around recording his immature and irresponsible videos in a way that is offensive and annoying, and ultimately is damaging the conservative movement. He is in the business of entertaining conservatives, not educating and changing minds. Why can’t you see what I’m saying?

The punching has nothing to do with my point. Nothing at all. I could just as well have been commenting on one of his “Louder with Crowder” segments.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Why can’t you see what I’m saying?

Probably because you said yourself that if he behaved that way towards you, you would feel inclined to… punch him in the face. Which I propose is a sharp departure from “nothing” with relation to the subject.

The Schaef on December 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Just out of curiousity, what Conservative fills that void for you?

hawkdriver on December 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Just out of curiousity, what Conservative fills that void for you?

hawkdriver on December 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I’m glad you ask. I think people like Bill Whittle and Michelle Malkin do a good job of presenting the facts without belittling the viewer or mocking people.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

hawkdriver on December 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

You think two are enough?

hawkdriver on December 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I think that you will find that both Mr. Whittle and Mrs. Malkin champion Mr. Crowder. Also, do you think for a moment that no one other than Mr. Crowder and associates were carrying cameras or cell phones with recording ability? The “gentlemen” with the union are certainly free to put up their video showing that Mr. Crowder deserved to be assaulted. You blew your argument way back at the beginning when you stated that Mr. Crowder’s action would insight you to near violence. I think you should give up while you are behind.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

You think two are enough?

hawkdriver on December 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

For a model? Sure.

For the record, how do you think a 25-year-old man with a name like José Quiñones, from a family of welfare dependent Democrats (and a couple illegals), wound up as a small-government conservative Republican?

It was someone called Michelle Malkin getting up and doing her Hot Air Vents videos, and respectfully making me question all of my assumptions. The fact that she was pretty and a minority too may have kept me from clicking out sooner right at first, but the ideas she presented kept me locked on. Someone else needs to start doing those videos, pronto. And in Spanish as well.

We have a message of hope and freedom to present, folks. Let’s not muck it up with silliness.

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I notice that Crowder challenged marshmallow man to a cage fight.

What makes me think the chubby coward wouldn’t get within a thousand miles of Crowder without ten or fifteen of his fellow pathetic goons to back him up?

Like I said, marshmallow man would lose a fight with a middle school student.

Narniaman on December 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

JoseQuinones on December 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Great sentiment but two small things. First, you don’t expect us to avoid public demonstrations like that because we’re afraid of the confrontation. The left did it with the Tea Party rallies. And in going to those places to voice our opinion, you don’t expect us to keep turning a cheek to a violent hand?

Second, the Conservative Movement has a great varied population and personalities as different as night and day. Different Conservative figures appeal to different Conservative people. We need more not less.

Crowder and what he does is fine with me. And he deserves to be able to do it peacfully without being harmed by a thug.

hawkdriver on December 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Ask some Democrats how rational they think Mrs. Malkin is. Hell ask some squishy Republican. They wish she would go away.

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

The squishy Republicans don’t like anyone who defends our conservative cause.

SparkPlug on December 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM

The same concerned folks that whine about Crowder whine about James O’Keefe and Jason Mattera.

Its all just real concern.

tom daschle concerned on December 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Hahaha! Suck it, Stevey Choder Boy!

About time someone shut your smug mouth up, you weasel.

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Cindy Munford on December 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Ha!

Go Cindy! :)

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I notice that Crowder challenged marshmallow man to a cage fight.

Like I said, marshmallow man would lose a fight with a middle school student.

Narniaman on December 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

That out-of-shape fatty with an IQ of no greater than 85 threw punches like a girl – there will no cage match between the two of them, sadly. On the other hand, charges will be pressed against him!

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Hahaha! Suck it, Stevey Choder Boy!

About time someone shut your smug mouth up, you weasel.

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

YAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN

Are you self-aware enough to realize that you are a childish, unconstructive, attention-starved bore?

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

YAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Is that why you replied?

You’re dumber than Choder Boy :)

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Union leaders are thugs. Plain and simple.

netster007x on December 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Is that why you replied?

You’re dumber than Choder Boy :)

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

You make it clear that you know that you are dumber and more immature than both Chowder and myself – thank you for you assistance! :D

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Still replying?

Weren’t you about to fall asleep because of boredom? You sound like the exciting type of person that would have an argument with a freshly painted wall.

I can imagine Christmas at your place… All of your relatives would be giving each other nooses so they can hang themselves in their closets to avoid talking to you.

Keep it up! :)

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM

As I said, you make it clear that you know that you are dumber and more immature than both Chowder and myself. Now, try trolling with your brutal, withering insults again – you know cannot help yourself! Thank you in advance for your continuing assistance! :)

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Anti-Control on December 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Still arguing with drying paint?

You just can’t help yourself, can you? :)

I am eagerly awaiting your next reply, which I am sure won’t take too long because your life is obviously full of exciting things to do like replying to comments that bore you.

bileduct on December 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Hahaha! Suck it, Stevey Choder Boy!

About time someone shut your smug mouth up, you weasel.

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I am hanging on every word of every liberal over this attack. Thank you for showing what’s truly inside of all of you.

hawkdriver on December 13, 2012 at 4:43 AM

FLASHBACK: Jimmy Hoffa introducing Obama at a re-election campaign event declared to Obama/the crowd that the Unions were/are obama’s ‘Army’ and were/are willing to take to the streets to crack some heads / engage in violence if need be…..Obama then came out & – instead of rebuking Hoffa for such violent rhetoric, praised him for being such a great man & leader!

Hoffa should be in jail, along with all of his thugs that perpetrated this recent violence. Obama should be severely REBUKED by the media instead of them kneeling down to kiss his arse….

Unions have outlived their purpose, & – like Congress – has become corrupt & self-serving at others’ expense!

easyt65 on December 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM

hawkdriver on December 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

There’s also the fact that these figures are no less the object of ridicule and scorn than Crowder for their presentation style, and Malkin in particular gets the blunt end of some of the most horrific language I have had the displeasure to witness outside of fictional drama. I’m glad that Jose was reasonable enough to consider conservative arguments on their merits, but I suspect if he had heard other people talk about Malkin before hearing her directly, he may never have watched at all, or watched through the progressive lens of LOLFAUXNOISE.

I can understand frustration at people who use sarcasm as a substitute for satire, or to draw attention to how clever they think they are; it’s been a modern phenomenon since at least Seinfeld, and reinforced by the likes of House (full disclosure: I watched House religiously; I just don’t talk to people like he does). But let’s be careful not to throw out the baby with the bathwater: some satire really is satire to illustrate a social or political point. We may or may not like that approach to discourse, but let’s not forget that Mark Twain was primarily a satirist in his writings, and many consider him to stand alone at the top of American literature.

The Schaef on December 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM

The Schaef on December 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I like your attitude! :)

Anti-Control on December 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM

About time someone shut your smug mouth up, you weasel.

bileduct on December 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Just to clarify… if some conservative were to beath the crap out of Paul Krugman, Rachel Maddow, etc., you liberals would be fine with that?

malclave on December 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM

malclave on December 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Talk about a few people that have it coming to them!

tom daschle concerned on December 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM

ha ha at 1:34 of the video, the Crowder jackass starts the fight:

OOPSIE

Dave Rywall on December 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

ha ha at 1:34 of the video, the Crowder jackass starts the fight:

OOPSIE

Dave Rywall on December 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Heavily editted blog? Nice try CanLib.

And words to fists? Still no comparison even if your propaganda was true.

pathetic.

hawkdriver on December 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

ha ha at 1:34 of the video, the Crowder jackass starts the fight:

OOPSIE

Dave Rywall on December 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

But I guess you’re good with them threatening familiy members too.

hawkdriver on December 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM